Not being invited to Nick's wedding confirmed a creeping fear.
尼克結婚沒叫我 證實了我那種詭異的恐懼感
Not only had I not lived up to my own expectations,
我不僅自己沒過處自己想要的生活
I'd failed in the eyes of others.
別人眼里 我也混得不行
I pictured the wedding party.
我腦補著婚禮現場
Everyone there,
大家歡聚一堂
basking in each other's glow.
沐浴在各自的光環中
It wasn't friendship that bonded them,
聯接他們的不是友情
but a perceived level of success.
而是特定階層的成功
Whether I was forgotten or excluded...
不管我是被忘了還是被排擠了
made no difference.
沒區別的
I was off the list.
我就不在圈子里
A nobody.
平庸之輩
A nothing.
碌碌無為
The world hated me, and the feeling was mutual.
這世界討厭我 而我也討厭它