Tiger Woods continued to overshadow the competition.
泰格·伍茨繼續主宰比賽
With his chip shot at the 8th hole.
他一個切削擊球打進了8號洞
The masters. Nice.
大師賽,不錯呀
Tiger Woods is dominating the field like a boss.
泰格·伍茨掌控全場
He's the freaking best.
他是最厲害的
Wow.
哇
He'll be the youngest player to ever win.
他會成為有史以來最年輕的獲勝者
Exactly.
沒錯
Which is why we can't let mom find out.
也正是如此,我們不能讓老媽發現
What are you talking about?
發現什么呀?
Tiger Woods is half-asian.
泰格·伍茨有一半亞洲血統
What?
什么?
He is?
是嗎?
I've never heard that before. Yeah.
我以前從來沒聽說,是呀
Nobody talks about it for some reason.
大家不知為何都不討論這事
Wait, but why can't we let mom find out?
等一下,那我們為什么不能讓老媽發現這事?
"Why can't we"
"我們為什么不能"
This guy wants to know
這家伙在問
Why we can't let mom find out.
我們為什么不能讓老媽知道
Psh.
切
You know how mom gets
你知道老媽如果看到一個亞裔公開取得成功
When she sees an Asian person succeed publicly.
她會變成什么樣
Remember Kristi Yamaguchi?
還記得克里斯蒂·山口嗎?
Or Michael Chang?
還有張德培
Or Connie Chung?
還有宗毓華
Tensions were high today
今日在哇啦哇啦哇啦
In bos-nie-ah herz-egg-gov-ven-govenah.
局勢非常緊張
Again.
再來
By the time I could pronounce it,
等到我能念出來那地名的時候
The war was over.
仗都打完了
Mom can't find out.
不能讓老媽發現
We have to keep this from her.
我們必須得瞞著她
Agreed. Nobody talks.
同意,誰也不許說
I'm going over to Honey's.
我要去蜜兒家了
Tiger Woods is half-Asian.
泰格·伍茨是一半亞裔
He's about to win the masters.
他馬上要贏大師賽了
What's this, now?
你說什么
One of our own succeeding in the public eye?
我們的人要在公眾面前贏了
If you start punching yourself now,
如果你現在開始自己揍自己
it'll be easier for you when mom leaves.
媽媽走了以后你也許能好過點
I'll take that into consideration.
我會好好考慮一下的
Tensions were high as Tiger lined up
局勢開始緊張起來
This historic final shot of the masters.
泰格將迎來大師賽歷史性的最后一擊
Those are Tiger's parents.
他們是泰格的父母
Tiger embraced his dad Earl,
泰格擁抱了他的父親厄爾
who he credits as instrumental
他父親在他努力成為冠軍的道路上
in his quest to become a champion.
給了他許多幫助與支持
Imagine how proud his parents must be.
想象一下現在他的父母有多驕傲
I know.
我知道
You know, in a way,
你猜怎么著,從某種意義上講
I feel like I could have raised Tiger Woods.
我覺著我也能培養出一個泰格·伍茨
Because you see yourself in his Asian mother.
你從他的亞裔母親里看到了自己的影子
No.
不是
I see myself in Earl.
我從厄爾身上看到了
He drove his son hard,
他嚴格的督促他的兒子
And now Tiger is a champion.
這讓泰格成為了冠軍
That's good parenting.
教育的好
Yeah, I see myself in him too.
對,我也從厄爾身上看到了自己
Yeah, well...
那個...
Earl is a disciplinarian like me.
厄爾像我一樣是個嚴厲的人
He pushed Tiger to greatness
他像我逼著兒子成為最好的一樣
the way I push our boys to be the best.
逼迫著泰格
If anything, you're more like Kultida.
如果非要說,你更像是庫提達
Who?
誰?
Exactly.
沒錯
Tiger's mother. The forgotten one.
就是泰格的母親,誰都不認識
Oh, no.
不
Now you want to talk about what I just said.
你又要跟我談談我剛說的話了
No.
不會的
Hey, so, speaking of dishes,
嘿,說到盤子我想問
When you say I'm like Kultida,
你說我像庫提達的時候
What exactly do you mean? I knew it.
到底是什么意思,我就知道
Well, it's just we both do our part to parent the boys.
我們一起來教育孩子們
Of course we do.
那是當然了
All I'm saying is
我只是想說
that in the same way Earl and I share
我跟厄爾一樣
a strict and tough parenting philosophy,
都信奉嚴苛的教育方式
you and Kultida are more relaxed and lenient
你跟庫提達更輕松仁慈些
and soft.
也更軟弱
Well, I wouldn't say "Soft."
我不軟弱的
But it's true.
但你說的對
Maybe I'm a little more permissive.
我可能比較寬容
Right. You're Kultida.
對的,你就是庫提達
She's got her big hat and sunglasses.
她帶著大帽子和太陽鏡
She's hanging back, passive,
她順從的畏縮不前
quietly watching Earl run the show.
靜靜的看著厄爾主持大局
You know I can't pull of hats.
你明知道我適合戴帽子
They make my face look small.
它讓我的臉看起來很小
I'm more lenient than you because I choose to be.
我比你更寬容是我自己的選擇
My dad was a tough man,
我爸對我非常的嚴厲
And I promised myself when I had kids,
那時候我就發誓,如果我有了孩子
I'd be different.
我一定和他不一樣
That's wonderful.
那太棒了
I can really see that.
我能看出來的
All I mean is that
我只是想說
Earl and I do a lot of the heavy lifting
我和厄爾都做了許多艱難的事
to push our children to succeed.
來迫使我們的孩子成功
And sometimes, kids don't need that.
有些時候,孩子不需要這些的
Sometimes, they need their parents to step back
有時候他們需要家長退后
so they can find their own interests and talents,
這樣他們才能發現自己的興趣和天賦
Because that's also important for success.
興趣和天賦對于成功來說同樣重要
That's certainly a very Kultida way of thinking.
你這想法太像庫提達了
Just because I parent differently
就因為我跟你教育的方式不同
Doesn't mean it's worse.
不代表我的方式就更差勁啊
I'm not saying it is. Really? -
我不是這個意思,-是嗎?
Because it feels like what you're saying
聽起來你的意思好像是
is that, as a parent,
作為父母
You're hands on, effective, doing everything,
你起了重要作用,什么都做了
And I'm hands off, in the background,
我什么也沒管,躲在背后
doing nothing but wearing a hat.
除了帶了個帽子什么也沒干
I wouldn't say you do nothing,
不能說你什么都沒做
but that is a very good summary, Louis.
但是路易斯,總結的不錯
Well put.
說得好
Goodnight.
晚安
Good morning, Abe Lincoln middle schoolers.
亞伯林肯中學的同學們,早上好
It's Reba with your daily announcements.
現在是每日通知,我是瑞芭
The new beams are up in the library.
圖書館將要換新的橫梁
And you may have noticed the molding is in place.
你們應該發現了那些模型
Just waiting on the guys to paint the trim.
請大家耐心等待工人們來粉刷
That'll happen Thursday.
這周四應該就能完工
Also, lunch today is burger bar.
同時,今天的午餐在漢堡屋
What are you talking about?
你說什么?
Look, man, we can't have the same backpack.
哥們兒你看,我們不能背同一款書包
But this is my backpack.
但這是我的書包
Fool, did you hear me?
笨蛋,你沒聽明白我說什么嗎?
Get a new B.P. Or we fight.
買個新書包,不然我們就打一架
Tiger Woods? That guy's dope.
是泰格·伍茨呀,那家伙棒呆了
He hit the green from the tee on a par 4.
他用了四次就把球從球座打到了嶺上
I bet he gets so many girls.
我猜他一定有許多女孩兒喜歡
I love everything about Tiger.
我超級喜歡泰格
Especially that he's an African-American dude
更難能可貴的是,在這項充滿白人的運動里
dominating a sport full of white guys.
他作為非裔美國人能主導比賽
Tiger's also half-Asian.
泰格有一半亞洲血統
What? No, he's not.
什么,不可能
It's true.
千真萬確
His mom is Thai.
他媽媽是泰國人
That's the brim of her sun hat in background.
后面那個就是她的太陽帽帽沿
None of us have ever heard that.
聞所未聞
And we know everything about him.
我們對他了如指掌
I've seen Tiger's dad Earl,
我見過泰格的爸爸厄爾
and he's definitely African-American.
他肯定是非裔美國人
Right. And his mom is Thai.
沒錯,但他媽媽是泰國人
Come on.
算了吧
He's half-Asian.
他是半個亞洲人
Half-Asian?
半個亞洲人
Are we talking Keanu?
我們是在討論基努嗎
I've been thinking about our conversation.
我一直在想我們之前的對話
Oh, boy.
天哪
And there's an easy way
有個簡單的方法
to put our different parenting styles to the test.
可以讓我們的育兒方法一較高下
Let's make a friendly bet on the golf course. No, thank you.
我們就高爾夫課程打個友善的賭吧,不用了,謝謝
"Friendly" Means "Not for money." I'm listening.
"友善"的意思是"不帶錢",繼續說
You and I both have about the same level of golf skill.
咱們的高爾夫水平差不多
Well, passably competent.
都還過得去
We each take one of the boys for two weeks
我們各自培訓一個兒子兩周
and help them learn golf.
教他們打高爾夫
Then the boys will play nine holes,
然后讓他們打九洞比賽
And whoever's player wins, is the parenting champion.
誰的孩子贏了,誰就是育兒達人
I'm going to win.
我贏定了
True greatness comes from the Earl/Jessica parenting philosophy,
真正的育兒達人是厄爾和杰西卡
Not from the Kultida/Louis one.
不是庫提達和路易斯
We'll see.
走著瞧
Just two rules.
兩個規則
We both have to use the same golf instructor
我們得用同一個高爾夫指導教練
so no one has the advantage,
這樣比較公平
And Emery is out.
埃默里不參加
Oh, of course. He's good at everything.
必須的,他學什么都快
It wouldn't be fair.
那樣就會不公平
Well, that leaves Eddie and Evan.
這樣的話,就剩下埃迪和埃文
I'll take Evan. He's more moldable.
我選埃文,他可塑性強一些
Great.
好的
And I'll take Eddie, because he's...
那我選埃迪,因為
Well, he's the only kid left.
因為他是最后剩下的娃
Well, this is exactly what we didn't want to happen.
好吧,這真是我們最不想看到的情況
Thanks a lot, Evan.
多謝你了,埃文
I was mad at myself too,
我也生自己的氣
but look at these clothes.
單看看這些衣服
They're like my regular clothes
它們和我普通的衣服差不多
but with an athletic cut.
但是運動版的裁剪
This is gonna be great, right, guys?
這個肯定會很棒,對吧
We'll work hard, but we'll also have fun.
我們勤奮訓練,也要玩得痛快
Fun?
玩得痛快
This isn't a cartoon, Louis.
這可不是動畫片,路易斯
We're not mermaids and reggae crabs
我們不是在海底唱歌的
singing at the bottom of the sea.
美人魚和螃蟹
Evan, this is your golf instructor, Phil.
埃文,這是你的高爾夫教練,菲爾
His name is actually Phillip,
他的全名是菲利普
But white people love to shorten their names.
但白人就是喜歡簡稱
Thank you, Jess.
多謝,杰西
Evan, this is your new instructor, Ted.
埃文,這是你的新教練,泰德
I chose him because his name can't be shortened.
我選他是因為他的名字沒有簡稱了
I once played a round with Jimmy Carter.
我曾和吉米·卡特打過一輪
He's gonna teach you the basics,
他會給你打基礎
And then mommy's gonna be here to push him to push you.
我在這里就是給他施壓,讓他加緊訓練你
Great. I'm ready to learn.
好的,我準備好了
Okay, Evan.
好的,埃文
Take this 5-iron.
這是你的球桿
And I want you to hit this ball.
試著打中這個球
I just want to get a sense of where you're at.
我要大概了解一下你的水平
True beginner. Got it. Yes.
如假包換的零基礎,懂了,是的
Ted, together, we are going to mold
泰德,我們一起要把
this beginner lump of clay
這個零基礎家伙
into an excellent golfer.
培養成為一個超級高爾夫球手
Again. Again. Again.
再來,再來,再來
I'm sorry, mommy.
對不起,媽媽
The clothes are for me, but maybe golf isn't.
衣服和我很搭,但高爾夫本身和我可能不搭
Nonsense. You just have to work harder.
胡說,你只需要更加努力
Maybe you just need longer tees. I'll go get them.
可能你需要更長的球座,我去拿
Oh, so you can eat a popsicle behind the pro shop?
哦,這樣你就可以在后面偷偷吃一個冰棍
No way.
沒門
I'll get them.
我去拿
Louis? Oh, hey, Jessica.
路易斯,你好,杰西卡
You know, I think I was too quick to dismiss hats.
你知道嗎,我覺得我不應該這么快放棄帽子
I don't know if my face got bigger
我不確定是我的臉變大了
Or the hats got smaller,
還是帽子變小了
But either way,
不管怎樣
I'm wearing this bad boy out of the store.
我今天要定這個帽子了
Okay. Where's Eddie?
好的,埃迪在哪里
Oh, we've been practicing his fairway woods all morning,
哦,我們整個早上都在球道上練習
So I gave him a break.
所以現在讓他休息一下
Oh, a break?
休息一下
That's very Louis-kultida.
很典型的路易斯和庫提達
No breaks for Evan.
埃文沒得休息
I see you've got the extra-long tees there.
我看你再買加長球座
Well, I suppose to a tiny face,
好吧,對于一張小臉來說
All tees look extra long.
所以得球座看起來都是加長的
Hi, do you have a minute to talk about tiger woods?
你好,你方便聊一下泰格·伍茨嗎
Sorry, got to run.
抱歉,很忙
Hey, do you have a minute to-No?
請問你有時間嗎,沒有嗎
Excuse me, can I—
抱歉,我可以
Principal Hunter, can I talk to you about—
亨特校長,我可以和你討論一下
I already donated at work.
我工作時已經捐款了
Good morning, Abe Lincoln middle schoolers.
早上好,林肯中學的學生們
It's Reba with the daily announcements.
我是瑞巴,現在每日公告
Library trim is painted... Periwinkle.
圖書館整修上漆已完成,長春花色
Odd choice.
奇怪的選擇
Lunch today is Pepperoni Pizza,
今天的午飯是意大利臘腸比薩
the best kind of pizza.
最好吃的披薩
She's right. Pepperoni is the best.
她說沒錯,意大利臘腸比薩的確最好吃
Hey, Reba. Hi, Emery.
你好,瑞巴,你好,埃默里
How's Eddie?
埃迪最近怎樣
Is he still with that girl—
是不是還和那個女生
Pretty, smells like strawberries?
漂亮的,聞起來像草莓那個
Alison? Yeah.
艾莉森,是的
It's been, like, a year. They seem good.
已經,有一年了,看起來不錯
Whatever. What's up?
隨便了,什么事
I was wondering if I could us the P.A. System
我想問一下是否能用一下廣播
to make an announcement.
做個公告
Everyone is forced to listen to
每個人都不得不聽
your construction and lunch updates every day.
你的說明和每日午餐播報
So it might be a good way to get my message out.
所以這不失為一個好的方法來播放我的消息
Forced to listen to me?
不得不聽我說話
People love my construction updates.
他們喜歡我的每日更新
They're important. Totally.
它們非常重要,絕對的
My thing's important too.
可我的消息也很重要
It's about tiger woods.
是關于泰格·伍茨的
The golfer?
那個高爾夫球運動員
Listen, bud, you think I just let anyone
聽著,兄弟,你不會認為
say whatever they want into the P.A.?
什么人說什么話我都能讓他廣播出去吧
If you would just listen to this Tiger thing
如果你好好聽聽有關泰格的故事
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I'd love to help you out, but I'm swamped.
我愛莫能助
I just don't have time.
我沒時間
You don't quit, do you?
你不放棄,是吧
Fine.
好吧
Meet me in the newsroom.
去新聞編輯室見我
We have a newsroom?
我們還有個新聞編輯室?
Classroom 2B.
教室2B
We share it with yearbook.
跟年鑒工作室共用的
Bring Eddie.
把埃迪帶來
No, don't.
算了,別帶他來
It's not worth it if I can't focus on him.
要是關注點不是他,那就沒必要了
Louis, I've been thinking.
路易斯,我一直在想
I'm worried I have too big an advantage
我擔心,在我們的賭注中
in our bet.
我的優勢太大了
How's that?
此話怎講
Well, not only do I have the more teachable son,
我不僅有一個更好教的兒子
I also have the superior parenting philosophy,
我還有更優的育兒哲學
So I was thinking that, as a favor to you,
所以我想,出于對你的幫助
We could swap Eddie and Evan.
我們可以交換埃迪和埃文
Sure, I'll swap.
沒問題,那就換唄
I believe in my methods. I can win with either son.
我相信我的教學法,換個兒子,我照樣贏
I don't think so, Louis.
路易斯,我可不這么認為
You just took the dud.
你收了個扶不起的阿斗
Earl has other kids who aren't great golfers.
厄爾還有一些孩子,高爾夫打得并不出色
Sometimes, you get a dud.
有時你就是會遇到扶不起的阿斗
I love my dud son, but he can't win.
我愛我的傻兒子,但他就是沒法贏
I think I'll be fine.
這不是個事
Louis-Kultida know what they're doing, after all.
畢竟,路易斯—庫提達知道他們在做什么
Evan, you're golfing with daddy now.
埃文,從現在起,你跟你老爸一組啦
I'm training Eddie.
我訓練埃迪
It's nothing personal.
無關個人恩怨
I just need to win,
我只是需要贏得比賽
And I think he gives me the best chance.
他贏的幾率更大
I see.
我懂了
Well, thank you for everything.
感謝你做的一切
It's been wonderful working with you.
跟你共事真是棒極了
And I wish you the best of luck.
衷心祝愿你好運
I'm gonna pray for seven plagues to befall your house.
我會祈禱,希望七災降臨你家
What? Nothing.
什么,沒什么
Enjoy your time with your first-born son.
祝你跟你的長子玩得開心
I can't believe you're making me do this before school.
真不敢相信,你讓我在上課前玩這個
This is way less fun than with dad.
跟老爸在一起有趣多了
He always lets me get cinnabon.
他總是讓我吃肉桂卷
Yes, I noticed the frosting on the club handles.
是的,我注意到球桿上的糖霜了
Oh, hey, Eddie.
嗨,埃迪
Where's your dad?
你老爸呢
No cinnabon?
沒有肉桂卷
I am molding Eddie now.
埃迪現在歸我管了
He's less obedient than Evan, so we get to be tougher.
他沒埃文聽話,所以我們態度得強硬點
He's getting worse.
他越練越差了
I can't swing because my arms are sore
我手臂酸,沒法揮桿
from all those extra weights you made me lift.
因為你給我的啞鈴超重了
I told you, you can't follow an arm day
我早告訴過你,練完手臂之后
with an arm day.
不能馬上接著練手臂
Welcome back, Phil.
歡迎回來,菲爾
Thank you, Jessica.
謝謝你,杰西卡
What's all this?
你們在干嘛
We went to putt-putt earlier,
早些時候,我們去球場小試牛刀
And Evan loved it so much,
埃文愛死它了
He wanted to keep playing when we got home,
回家后,他還想接著玩
so I set this up.
所以我做了這個模型
He's pretty good.
他很棒
Remember me?
還記得我吧
We hadn't gotten to putting yet.
我們還沒開始這個項目
We're feeling good about the showdown tomorrow.
對于明天的賽事,我們胸有成竹
I nicknamed Evan "The little kitchen"
我給埃文取了個綽號"小廚房"
Because he always sinks it.
因為他總能讓球沉下去
I don't understand.
我真搞不懂
Am I the ineffective parent?
我是沒用的父母嗎
I brought tissues to dry your tears,
紙巾已備好,你盡情哭吧
'cause you're gonna lose.
因為你會輸哦
You're a better parent than me.
我沒你會教育孩子
You're really upset about this.
你還真為這事傷心啊
I ruined two kids in two weeks.
兩周內,我就毀了兩個孩子啊
I thought my pushing brought out the best in them,
我以為做虎媽,會讓他們更成才
But I've been holding them back.
但是我卻阻礙了他們的成長
I failed and you've succeeded.
我失敗了,你成功了
Jessica.
杰西卡
Parenting isn't all or nothing.
育兒不是非黑即白的事
That's what I've been trying to tell you.
這也是我一直跟你說的
We share equal roles.
我們各司其職
The boys are who they are because of the both of us.
兒子們能有今天,是我們共同教育的結果
No.
不是的
If our bet proves anything,
如果我們的賭注有意義的話
It's that your parenting philosophy works
它的意義在于,證明了你的育兒哲學行得通
And mine doesn't.
而我的行不通
Who cares about the bet?
誰在意這個賭注啊
It was just supposed to be for fun.
這事就是鬧著好玩的
You know what?
你知道嗎
The bet is off.
這個賭注到此為止吧
I'd rather we just have a nice family day
我希望明天去俱樂部時
At the club tomorrow.
我們一家人能和和睦睦
We'll all play nine holes.
我們都打九洞
We won't even keep score. Fine.
不計分,好吧
But you still win.
但你還是贏了
There's no winner in parenting.
教育孩子這事,不存在輸贏一說
But if you see a gold wrestling belt
如果你在我們的貯藏室里
in our closet
發現了一個金色的摔跤帶
that says "Parent-mania champion,"
上面寫著"狂熱父母"冠軍
just know I had it made before this conversation.
你得知道,這是我在這次對話之前定做的
Mr. Dekro and Ms. Summers are having an affair?
戴克羅先生和薩默斯女士有婚外情
This isn't news, Cory.
這不是新聞,科瑞
This is the worst-kept secret in Orlando.
這是奧蘭多最糟糕的秘密了
Find something else.
給我重找
Hey, Reba. Thanks for meeting me.
嗨,瑞芭,多謝接見
I only need five minutes. You got two.
我只需要五分鐘,給你兩分鐘
So, I recently learned
我最近得知
that Tiger Woods is part asian. No way.
泰格·伍茲有部分亞洲血統,不可能
If that was true,
如果真是這樣
people would be talking about it.
早就成街頭熱議了
Well, people aren't.
人們確實不知道
That's why I have to.
所以我才做了這個報道
I pulled a few articles
我收集了一些文章
where they only refer to Tiger as
它們只把泰格稱作
an African-American golfer.
一個非裔美國人高爾夫運動員
Nice file folder.
文件夾不錯
Mead five-star in teal
米德五星
Solid choice.
選得很好
Anyway, after Tiger got his green jacket
不管怎樣,在泰格贏了大師賽
for winning the masters,
得到他的綠色夾克衫后
even his dad earl said,
甚至他老爸厄爾都說
"Green and black go well together."
"綠色和黑色水乳交融"
No mention of his Asian half.
提都沒提他有一半亞裔血統
It's almost like him being Asian
好像他有亞裔血統這事
makes the story less meaningful for some reason.
不知怎么地讓這個故事失去意義
I'm not trying to take anything away
我并不是想要無視哪怕一點點
from tiger's African-American side,
他的非裔美國血統
But I just want kids to know about his Asian side.
但我只是希望大家也能了解到他是半個亞裔
Tiger's a superstar.
泰格是一個大明星
And we should get to take pride in it too.
我們也應該為此感到驕傲
It's not opening tomorrow.
明天不開了
But the Reno's completed.
但里諾已經完成了
They painted the trim.
他們已經裝修好了
Sorry, I need to get into this library debacle ASAP.
抱歉,但我需要去這個崩潰的圖書館,越快越好
Just take a look when you can.
等你有空的時候看一下
Oh, he's good again.
他又能打好了
Must be that cinnabon you gave him this morning.
一定是今天早上你給他的那個肉桂卷的功勞
Actually, 'bon's wearing off.
事實上,卷早就消化完了
I could go for a little something else.
我還能再吃點什么
I saw the clubhouse had Mexican egg rolls.
我看到那個會所里有供應墨西哥蛋卷
Don't ask me.
別看著我啊
Whatever your father says.
你爸爸說什么就是什么
I have no opinion.
我沒意見
I hate seeing you like this, mommy,
媽媽,我不想看到你這樣
But it is a testament to the power of prayer.
但這證明祈禱應驗了
You know what?
你知道嗎
I'm excited to try a Mexican egg roll.
我等不及要試試這個墨西哥蛋卷了
I'll go get us... One to split four ways?
不如買...一個,然后分成四份
No, let's just get a platter.
不,還是買一個大盤吧
I don't know about you guys,
我不知道你們怎么想
But I can get into bummed-out mom.
但我更喜歡精疲力竭的老媽
It can't be.
不可能吧
Kultida Woods?
庫提達,伍茲?
Do I know you?
我認識你嗎?
No, but I know you.
不,但我認識你
I can't believe you're here.
我不敢相信你在這里
It must be fate.
一定是命中注定
I like to come to this club when I'm in this area.
在這一區的時候我就喜歡來這個會所
Best Cobb salad in Florida.
佛州最棒的考伯沙拉
Can I ask you something?
我能問你件事嗎?
Oh, my friend make them.
是我朋友做的
You cannot buy them.
你買不到
No, your hat is beautiful, but it's not about that.
不,你的帽子是很漂亮,但我不是指這個
What is the secret to Earl's success?
厄爾成功的秘訣是什么
What do you mean?
什么意思
My husband and I had a bet,
我和我丈夫打了個賭
And I pushed my sons the way Earl pushed Tiger,
我就像厄爾催促泰格那樣催促我兒子
but the harder I drove them, the worse they got.
但我越努力驅使他們,他們反而表現得更差
My husband took a softer approach,
我的老公采取了更溫和的方式
like you do,
就像你一樣
And he was more effective.
結果他更高效
I do not take soft approach.
我可沒采取溫和的措施
A mother begins her child's life
從孩子開始生命那一刻起,母親就在
when she pushes them into the world,
推著他們,到這個世界上
And she never stops.
并且她永遠不會停止
Two-minute labors, all three of them
兩分鐘的生產,三個都是
That's how hard I push.
我推得就是那么努力
They need that to succeed.
他們需要我這樣才能成功
Discipline does not always have immediate results.
紀律并不總是立刻見效
Sometimes, it even look like failing,
有時候,甚至可能像失敗一樣
but it lay a strong foundation.
但它打了堅實的基礎
Without that, the house would crumble.
沒有地基,房子就會倒塌
That's how you built the house of Tiger.
這就是你如何打造泰格這幢房子的
So, how come Earl gets all the credit?
那么,為什么是厄爾得到了所有的贊譽?
Some work is behind the scenes.
有些工作就是要在幕后
You cannot watch your child shine
當聚光燈在你眼中反光的時候
when the spotlight is in your eye.
你是看不到你的孩子閃耀的
So, I was right about my parenting style all along.
所以我對于教育風格的把控一直是正確的
The only thing I was wrong about
我唯一錯誤的
was being the Earl,
我明明是庫提達
when I am the kultida.
卻以為自己是厄爾
Thank you.
謝謝你
You're welcome.
不客氣
Hey. Where's the platter at?
大盤蛋在哪里呢?
No platter. Back to hole one.
沒有了,回到一號洞
We're doing it again.
我們再來一次
But we just played nine holes with dad.
但我們剛剛和爸爸打了九洞
He knows how to have fun and still helps us be good.
他知道如何在玩樂的過程中幫助我們變得更好
That's true,
確實如此
But you're also good because of me,
但你們的優秀也有我的一份功勞
which is why we're doing it again.
所以我們要再來一次
And this time, we are keeping score,
而且這一次,我們要計分
because life keeps score.
因為生活也在計分
You heard your mom. Get back out there.
聽到你媽媽說什么了,回到那里去
Hey, what happened on your way to get that platter?
你去買大盤蛋的時候發生了什么?
I saw a hat.
我看見了一頂帽子
So did I.
我也是
I actually love this.
我真的很喜歡它
You look like Andy Garcia.
你看上去就像安迪·加西亞
Who was that you were talking to earlier?
之前你在和誰聊天?
Oh, another lady mistook me for Kultida Woods.
又一個誤認我是庫提達·伍茲的女士
Happens every time I come to a golf course.
每次我去高爾夫會所都會這樣
Moms are all over me.
媽媽們愛死我了
Oh, Norma, why don't you just tell them the truth?
諾瑪,為什么你不干脆告訴他們實情呢?
It's easier just to play along.
順著他們來更容易
And you know?
而且你知道嗎
I think I really help them.
我覺得我真的幫了他們
Earl woods.
厄爾·伍茲
It's fate.
命運的相逢啊
It got to stop coming here.
我以后還是別來了
Reba wants you to meet her in the av room, now.
瑞巴在演播室要見你,現在
I looked at your file.
我看了你的文件
This is big.
這是大新聞
Tiger woods is half-Asian.
泰格·伍茲有一半亞裔血統
Yes, that's literally what I've been saying.
沒錯,我之前一直是這么說的
I decided to give you the P.A. Mic.
我決定把午間麥克風給你
We're gonna blow this thing wide open.
我們要好好傳播這個事實
But listen, when I hit that button,
但聽著,當我按下這個按鈕
They can't un-hear any of it.
你說出去的話大家就都能聽見了
Yeah, okay.
沒問題
That's the point.
這是重點
I want them to hear this.
我希望他們聽到這一切
I mean, you're talking about bringing down
我是說,你可是在
The greatest golfer in the world.
把世界上最偉大的高爾夫球手拉下馬啊
We're not talking about bringing him down.
我們并沒有要把他拉下馬
We're just saying he's half-Asian.
只是說他有一半的亞裔血統
It's time.
到時候了
Good morning, this is Emery Huang.
早上好,我是埃默里·黃
And I'd like to talk to you about Tiger Woods,
今天我想和你們聊聊泰格·伍茲
A great golfer we all admire.
一個我們崇敬的高爾夫球手
We all know about his dad, Earl,
我們都知道他的爸爸,厄爾
But I want to tell you all about his mom, Kultida,
但我想告訴你們他的母親,庫提達
who is from Thailand.
她來自泰國
Historic.
歷史的一刻
This is not to take away from tiger's African-American side,
這并不是想忽視他非裔美國人的一面
but to paint a complete picture
只是想要更全面的認識他
So all Asian kids out there can see themselves in him...
這樣,亞裔孩子也能向他看齊
Fight, fight, fight! ...And make his success their own.
打呀,打呀,打呀! ...成就自己的夢想
I told you to get a new backpack.
我告訴過你去找個新背包
This is my backpack! And I got it since my birthday!
這就是我的背包!從我出生開始它就是我的!