凱里叫我來的
I know.
我知道
He's just on a call.
他去打電話了
So the IRA agreed to an Off and Compromise
國稅廳在你的稅務案件上
on your tax case.
允許你做出讓步以換取不追究
The IRA?
國稅廳?
The... the IRS.
國稅局
You'll have to pay a penalty
你得繳納罰金
we can deal with all the specifics later
具體事宜可以稍后再談
but you have some uncashed checks in your file.
不過你的檔案里有一些未兌現的支票
You should take a look at those.
你該看看
Thanks.
謝謝
I'm not gay.
我并不是同性戀
You asked whether I was gay?
你不是問我是不是同性戀么
Yes...
是的
two years ago.
兩年前了
I know.
我知道
I wanted to answer.
我想回答一下你的問題
I'm not gay I'm...
我不是同性戀,我只是
...flexible.
兩相宜,
Okay.
好吧
Flexible. Good.
兩相宜,真不錯
And uh...
另外
Lana Delaney this FBI agent
那個聯調局干探拉娜·德蘭尼
that's... flexible?
就是你所謂的兩相宜?
Yeah. Sort of.
對,算是吧
Because as your lawyer I wouldn't...
因為作為你的律師,我不會...
you know what it's your life. You do what you want.
這是你的生活,你有行事的自由
What?
怎么了
It's the Veriscene case. The judgment's in.
是那樁維洛欣的案子,裁決出來了
We find out tomorrow.
明天就揭曉了
That's good.
那好啊
I don't know. I've got a bad feeling about this one.
我也不知道,有種不祥的預感
How's everyone this morning?
大家今天早上好啊
Well Your Honor.
我們都很好,法官閣下
We seem to have a designated hitter here today.
似乎今天來了位代理的律師啊
Yes Your Honor. My partner Will Gardner
是的,法官閣下,我的合伙人加德納
couldn't be in court...
無法到庭
Oh you don't have to cover for him. I know Will's suspended.
不用解釋,我知道威爾被停職了
How's he doing? Very well thank you for asking.
他還好么,很好,承蒙掛念,
Like a kid with five days until Christmas.
他就像是圣誕節前五天的小孩子一樣
Well tell him he's missed.
告訴他,我們都記掛著他
Shall we get started?
可以開始了嗎
Plaintiff alleges that Veriscene
原告訴稱,維洛欣
a drug administered for the cure of acne
一種本應能治療粉刺的藥物
caused Mr. Goode irreversible sterility.
導致了古德先生終身不育
Accordingly I am entering judgment for the plaintiff
因此我判決原告勝訴
in the amount of $25 million in compensatory.
被告應賠付2500萬美元
I acknowledge that this amount
我知道這個數字
is in excess of the $18 million requested by the plaintiff
比原告的索賠金額高了1800萬
but I find the actions here particularly heinous.
那是因為此案中的情節十分惡劣
Your Honor... Yes Mr. Canning?
法官閣下,什么事,坎寧先生,
You want to appeal?
你要上訴嗎
Oh I do. Uhvehemently. As is your right.
肯定的,這是你的權利,
Mr. Goode no matter where this ends up I want you to know
古德先生,不論最終結果如何
justice was done here today.
我希望你知道,今天正義得到了伸張
Whoohoo! Yes!
哇哦,太棒了
Congratulations.
恭喜
I am rarely speechless but I am speechless.
我很少激動到無言,但我現在真的無話可說
Thank you. Thank you both. It's not over yet.
謝謝你們二位,這事還沒完,
They're going to drag this out in appeals so...
他們要提出上訴,所以...
I thought it was going against us.
我本以為判決會對我們不利
Sometimes fate smiles.
有時命運也會眷顧我們的
Will are you standing or sitting?
威爾,你現在是坐著還是站著
Which one do you want me to be?
你希望我怎樣
You're kidding.
開玩笑?
You're kidding.
逗我呢吧
Do you know what this means?
你知道這意味著什么嗎
That we can pay off our balloon payment.
我們可以付清分期付款中的大額付款
And dodge the executioner for another quarter.
又挺過了一個季度
If you get a settlement.
你得先達成和解才行
Where's Canning at? He'll appeal.
坎寧在哪,他會上訴的
For effect. $25 million should motivate him.
做做樣子罷了,2500萬可不是小數字
Peter you okay?
彼得,你還好么
We have a problem with the house.
房子的事我們有麻煩了
We?
我們?
Uh Jackie.
是杰姬
She paid ten percent in cash on the down payment.
她用現金付了首付款的百分之十
Apparently she was bidding against someone.
顯然她是在和某人競價
Me. She was bidding against me.
就是我,她在和我競價
So I'm planning on going ahead with the purchase
所以我打算繼續付款購買
and then flipping the house in a few months.
過幾個月再賣掉
Okay.
好的
Are you moving in?
你會搬進去嗎
Just temporarily.
只是暫時的
I think I could get more money for the house
要是后院好好整整
if I did some work in the backyard.
或許賣出時還能小賺一點
Why are you telling me this Peter?
你為什么要跟我說這個,彼得
Look I don't want you to worry about these...
聽著,我不希望你憂心我這些...
decisions.
決定
This is all temporary.
這都只是暫時的
I'm not trying to...
我并不是想要
Colonize our past?
壟斷我們的過去?
Well I don't think I'd exactly put it that way
我想我大概不會這樣措辭
but yes I don't want these decisions to be misunderstood.
不過你說得對,我不希望你誤解我這些決定
Okay. I won't.
好的,我不會
So... we're making this work right?
那么,我們就在此事上攜手努力吧?
Oddly yes we are.
雖然奇怪,但是的
I heard Cary is back with you guys.
我聽說凱里回你們律所了
Yes starts today.
對,他今天入職
He's a good guy.
他是個好小伙子
Wish him luck.
愿他好運
So we'll need you out here until we get an office cleared out
在收拾出辦公室前,只能委屈你在這了
if you're all right with that.
希望你不要介意
I am.
不介意
Good. It'll just be a few weeks.
好,忍幾周就好
Welcome back Cary.
歡迎回來,凱里
Yeah?
你好
Um is this F&E Construction?
請問是F&E建設嗎
Hello?
你好
Who is this?
你是誰
Uh I'm a lawyer following up on a uncashed check
我是律師,想詢問一張未兌現支票
from F&E Construction.
是F&E建設開出的
Unfortunately we'll need you to reissue the check.
很不幸,這張支票得重開了
Who is this?
你是誰
Um... is this F&E Construction?
請問是F&E建設嗎
Yes.
是的
I don't recognize your voice.
我沒認出你的聲音
I'm a lawyer representing...
我是...某人的
someone...
律師
uh who has an uncashed check from F&E Construction
我的委托人有張F&E建設開出的未兌現支票
and she can't access her funds
她現在無法兌換現金
unless you reissue so...
除非你們重開支票,所以...
Who's the check make out to?
這支票是開給誰的
Cash.
現金
Where are you calling from lady?
你在哪打的電話呢,女士
Can you just reissue the check sir?
你能重開支票嗎,先生
Sure. Give me a check number.
可以,給我支票號碼
You know what um I'll call you back with that information.
呃...我一會打過來給你相關信息
Thank you.
謝謝
Oh hey Cary.
嘿,凱里
How are you doing? Good.
你還好嗎,很好,
You seem to be too.
你看起來也不錯
Oh it's just from being liaison to Eli Gold.
我只是在這里幫伊萊·戈德做聯系人
As soon as he's back on the campaign trail
只要他開始競選游說
I'll be out there with everyone else. Where are you?
我就出去和大家一起了,你辦公室在哪
I'm out there with everyone else.
在外面和大家一起
Well then you'll have company.
那你會有伴了
Canning. Oh Cary.
坎寧來了,哦,凱里
Good to have you back. Thank you.
歡迎你回來,謝謝,
The Veriscene case we're in the middle of negotiations.
維洛欣的案子,我們要談判了
Yeah go for it. I know my way around.
明白,去吧,我能找到路
We're not committing to an offer yet
我們還沒定出具體價格
but if you have a number we'll listen.
但若你們要開價,我們愿意聽聽
Mr. Canning are you with us?
坎寧先生,你在聽嗎
Oh I'm sorry I was just texting my lawyer.
抱歉,我在給我的律師發信息
It's funny isn't it lawyers having lawyers?
很有意思吧,律師的律師
And my lawyer probably has a lawyer too.
而我的律師可能還有個律師
We should all be getting progressively smaller like matryoshka dolls.
我們或許就像俄羅斯套娃那樣一個比一個小
Yes. So are we negotiating or what are we doing?
沒錯,我們要談判嗎,還是怎樣
No we're negotiating.
我們要談判
II think I have an offer for you.
我...我想我可以開個價
A onetime offer.
但僅本次有效
Zero? Really?
零,真的嗎
you have five minutes to decide whether to take it.
你們有5分鐘時間決定是否接受
I see. And if we don't
明白了,但若我們不接受
you have a bomb or something?
你會拿出個炸彈之類的嗎
Sort of.
差不多吧
Hi. We're all here. Where are you?
我們都到了,你在哪
Just changing. I'll be right in.
換衣服,馬上就到
The rashs back Michael.
疹子復發了,邁克爾
I know. I'm trying the ointment three times a day.
知道,我每天會用三次藥膏
You have to stop eating so much spicy food.
你不能再吃那么多辛辣食物了
Yes. No more Thai food for you.
沒錯,不能再吃泰國菜了
Oh please it's just poop.
拜托,只是大便而已
You shovel the stuff all day buddy.
你每天都在幫人處理這東西,兄弟
Oh God.
哦,天吶
Patti Nyholm.
帕蒂·尼霍姆
Well look at you. And you.
看看你吧,看看你,
Poster child for Motherhood Today.
突然要做模范媽媽了
You have no changing tables in the restroom Will.
你的休息室里沒有換洗臺,威爾
It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
這會招來訴訟的
Yep doing our part to suppress the birth rate.
對,而我不過是在為抑制出生率做貢獻
So I need some legal advice on my contract.
我需要在婚約上咨詢些法律意見
Oh my God wait.
哦天吶,稍等
You can't practice law anymore.
你不能執業了
What was I thinking?
我是在想什么啊
No thank you.
不要了,謝謝
I'll be right out Michael.
我馬上有事,邁克爾
This'll take a few minutes.
需要幾分鐘
That must be reall hard on you Will
你的日子肯定很艱難,威爾
just sitting around watching all these lawyers
只能坐著看那些律師們工作
while you're what surfing the Web?
而你...干什么,在網上度日如年
Clipping coupons?
還是剪優惠券消磨時間
What's up Patti?
怎么了,帕蒂
A lawsuit. Really? Which one?
訴訟的事,是嗎,哪件,
A new one. It'll be great being on opposite sides again
新的,再次和你交手感覺真好
dusting it up...
把你們打個落花流水
Oh wait. Darn it.
哦,等等,真討厭
You're not a lawyer anymore.
你都不是律師了
I keep forgetting.
我老是忘了
So sorry I'm late.
抱歉我遲到了
Here's my lawyer now.
我的律師來了
Ms. Nyholm I believe you know everybody.
尼霍姆夫人,相信你都認識
I think I do. Hello.
確實認識,大家好
How are your negotiations going? Well I don't know
談判進行的如何了,不知道,
I gave them five minutes to agree to my settlement offer
我給了他們5分鐘時間來考慮接受我的條件
and that time is up... now.
現在,時間到了
We're suing you.
我們要起訴你們
On behalf of LOC Pharmaceuticals makers of Veriscene and Elvatyl.
代表維洛欣和艾哇泰的制造商LOC藥業
And their insurer LifeState.
以及他們的保險公司,生命保險
We joined forces to sue you for $50 million
我們聯合向你們索賠5千萬美金
for fraud and malicious prosecution.
理由是欺詐與惡意控告
Come on this is harassment.
得了吧,你這是騷擾
Is that you legal opinion Will?
這是你的法律意見嗎,威爾
No it's mine.
不,是我的意見
Your company doesn't like being sued
要是你們公司不喜歡被人告
try making products that don't kill and maim people.
就別生產對人致殘致死的藥
Here's a better idea
我有個更好的主意
stop intentionally and wrongfully instituting legal proceedings
別再故意惡意地起訴
you know are without merit.
你明知沒有法律依據
We were just awarded $25 million
我們剛被判獲賠2500萬
I'd call that merit.
這就是法律依據
No. I would call that judicial bbery.
不,這是司法賄賂
Oops.
糟了
Is that a sensitive topic?
這算是敏感話題嗎
This case was built for a jury.
這案子本該由陪審團審理
You requested a bench trial.
你卻請求法官直接審理
It's a milliondollar case
你們的訴訟請求才1000萬不到
and your basketball buddy awarded you $25 million.
而你的球友卻判給你們2500百萬
I was cleared by a grand jury. No.
大陪審團已還我清白,不,
You weren't indicted by a grand jury.
大陪審團是決定不起訴你
You gamed the system; I know you Will.
你玩弄司法制度,我了解你,威爾
You can't do that with me. Or with me.
你對我來這套沒用,對我也是,
That's right. We're the dream team.
沒錯,我們是夢幻組合
Jackie?
杰姬
Mr. Gold?
戈德先生
Hi.
你好
Peter said you were here.
彼得說你進醫院了
Shouldn't you be in synague?
你不是應該在猶太會堂嗎
Uh... no.
不是
How are you feeling?
你感覺怎么樣
Better. Good.
好多了,那就好,
Then I won't feel bad about saying this.
那我說這話就不內疚了
Your son is going to lose.
你兒子要輸了
Without Alicia he will lose the governorship.
沒有艾麗西婭,他會輸掉州長競選
Uh II don't know...
我不知道
She was on our sideJackie.
她是我們這邊的人,杰姬
Alicia was offering to help Peter then you got involved.
艾麗西婭本來在幫助彼得,結果被你攪和了
How did I get involved?
我怎么攪和了
This friggin' house!
就那要命的房子
My God I've never heard
天,我這輩子
so much real estate talk in all my life.
都沒聽人扯過那么多房地產的事
If their separation goes wide everything collapses.
如果他們分居的事傳了出去,就什么都毀了
Eli what do you want?
伊萊,你想怎么樣
I want you to apologize to her.
我要你向她道歉
Your son will not win without Alicia
沒有艾麗西婭的幫助你兒子贏不了
and I will not manage this campain without her.
沒有她這次競選我也應付不來
So say "I'm sorry" even if you don't believe it.
去說對不起,哪怕你違心的
I dreamt I died.
我曾夢到自己死了
Everybody just did what they always did.
人們還是像往常一樣
They didn't care.
他們都不在乎
Um do you want me to get you a nurse or some.
要我幫你叫個護士什么的嗎
Are you religious?
你信教嗎
Am I um... I...
我嗎,我
I thought Jews believed in God.
我以為猶太人都信上帝
Yes we all do; Every one of us.
是的,我們都信上帝,每個人都信
I don't want to die.
我不想死
I'll get you a nurse.
我幫你叫護士
I don't want to die.
我不想死
It's a scare tactic.
這是恐慌戰術
Look at Ketter Sum Holdings.
看看柯特股份
They sued the lawyers bringing class actions
他們為了嚇跑那些針對他們的人工膝蓋
against their artificial knees in order to scare them off.
提起集團訴訟的律師,就起訴他們
There might be more.
可能不止如此
I think Patti is using this suit to factfind.
我認為帕蒂是利用這次訴訟進行調查
For an appeal? Yes.
為了上訴嗎,是的,
Look who they're deposing.
你看他們都找誰來取證
Kalinda me.
凱琳達,我
Patti doesn't have enough
帕蒂的上訴理由不足
so she's using this suit t
所以她想利用這次訴訟
o find out if we did anything wrong.
調查我們是否有不當行為
I wish I could agree but if the law taught me anything
我不能同意,如果說法律教會了我什么
it's that never ever trust a man with a limp.
那就是絕不能輕信一個瘸子
Look if they want to find out more about our tactics
如果他們想進一步打探我們的戰術
we turn it back on them.
我們就以其人之道還治其人之身
Right every time they ask a question ask for more detail.
沒錯,對他們提的每個問題都要求說明細節
What did you mean by that? Can you explain?
你這是指什么,能解釋一下嗎
Good. Anything else?
好的,還有別的意見嗎
Sorry. Okay
對不起,好,
I will sit in with Will; who do we have for Kalinda?
我做威爾的律師,誰來代理凱琳達
Most of our litigators were in on this.
我們的大部分訴訟律師都參與了這件案子
So they're all subject to being called.
所以他們都有可能被傳喚
All but one.
有一個例外
Miss Sharma have you ever misrepresented your occupation
夏爾馬小姐,你是否曾為了訪問一位證人
in order to interview a witness?
而采取過不當行為
Could you be me specific?
你能說得更明確些嗎
Sure.
當然
Have you ever misrepresented your occupation
你是否曾為了訪問一位證人
in order to interview a witness
而采取過不當行為
as you did with my wife
就像你對我妻子所做的那樣
to get into my house?
進我們家那樣
Objection what does that have to do with the Veriscene case?
反對,這跟維洛欣案有什么關系
Well Miss Sharma claims
夏爾馬小姐聲稱
she's never broken the law in pursuit of a case.
她從未因為查案違背法律
I have firsthand knowledge of such lawbreaking.
我這邊有她違法的第一手資料
So Miss Sharma can you please answer the question?
夏爾馬小姐,請回答問題好嗎
Could you repeat the question?
能重復一下你的問題嗎
Sure. Were you Kalinda Sharma's direct supervisor?
你是凱琳達·夏爾馬的直接上級嗎
We don't have direct supervisors here.
我們這沒這么一說
Did you tell her to investigate on the Veriscene case?
你讓她去調查維洛欣案了嗎
In what way "Investigate"?
哪種調查
Okay Will.
行啊,威爾
I get it.
我明白了
We can do this all day.
咱們能這么耗上一天
You obfuscate
你裝糊涂
I pull the judge out of court
我去找法官
he raps you on the knuckles for being unresponsive
讓他來狠批你這不合作的態度
and all you've done is waste half a day.
你無非也就是浪費半天時間罷了
I take exception to your suggestion
我反對你說的
that we're wasting anything.
我們在浪費時間
But remember
不過要知道
I'm not the one with a balloon payment due on his office.
某些人的辦公樓的期末付款可要到期了
Was that the elephant in the room?
這不是顯而易見的么
Hello.
你好
You were gonna get back to me.
不是說要打給我的嗎
I... Who is this?
你是哪位
F&E Construction.
F&E建設
You wanted me to reissue check.
你想讓我重新簽發一張支票
Yes I did. I said I'd get back to you though.
是,沒錯,但我是說給你打過來
I know but you didn't.
但你沒打過來
So I decided to call you.
所以我決定打給你
Okay um let me get all my ducks in a row sir
這樣,讓我把事情理一理,先生
and I'll get back to you.
我再打給你
Sir?
先生
No you won't.
不,你不會的
Excuse me?
什么
You won't call me back.
你不會打給我的
You have no intention of calling me back.
你根本沒打算打給我
I said I would and so I...
我說了會的
Actually um
事實上
I think we're done here.
我看我們沒啥好說的了
No we're not.
不,還沒完呢
Could you be more specific?
你能更具體一點嗎
Did you introduce judges
在你的周三籃球夜
to bookies at your Wednesday night basketball...
你有介紹法官和莊家認識嗎
Objection relevance.
反對,沒有關系
Isn't Judge Wynter relevant?
溫特法官難道和本案無關嗎
The man who awarded you $25 million?
判了你們2500萬美元的法官
Isn't he one of the judges you introduce to bookies?
他不正是你介紹給莊家的法官之一嗎
Objection. And weren't you confronted
反對,大陪審團不是,
about this at the grand jury?
也問過你這些問題嗎
Excuse me Ms. Nyholm
等等,尼霍姆小姐
you have reference proceedings
你剛才引用的程序
that resulted in a sealed transcript.
其文字記錄應當是保密的
Yes but Mr. Gardner can answer
是的,但是加德納先生對自己的證詞
to his own testimony.
應該可以做出回答
This question requires your knowledge
你問這問題需要先對
of the grand jury investigation.
大陪審團調查有所了解
No it merely requires Mr. Gardner's knowledge
不,只要加德納先生對大陪審團
of the grand jury investigation.
調查有了解就行了
All right we're taking this to the judge.
行了,我們去找法官吧
Okay okay okay.
行了,聽我說
You are all new to me
我對你們都不熟悉
so my apologies if I need to be reminded of your names
所以可能需要你們自報一下名字
but Ms. Lockhart. You are arguing
這位,洛克哈特,小姐,你辯稱,
the only way these questions could be asked
唯一能問出這些問題的方式
is if they were taken from sealed transcripts?
是從保密的記錄中獲取了資料
Yes Your Honor
是的,法官閣下
someone is leaking them grand jury testimony
有人泄露了大陪審團的證詞
and we would argue this line of questioning
我們認為不應當許可
should be stricken.
這種詢問方式
If I may interject Your Honor
冒昧打斷一下,法官閣下
we're merely asking questions
我們只是基于所知
based on our own knowledge.
正常問問題
And if you can allow me an explanation
我還想解釋一下
the movements that you see
我這些小動作
uh these random movements
這些無意的動作
they're the consequence of a neurological disorder
是一種神經障礙導致的
I suffer from called tardive dyskinesia.
叫遲發性運動障礙
And I just didn't want you to misinterpret any of movements.
我不想您對這個有所誤解
Okay I won't.
好,我不會的
I've had this condition since childhood.
小時候我就有這個障礙了
Are you going somewhere with this Mr. Canning?
坎寧先生,你說這些想表達什么嗎
No I just wanted to explain. Okay thanks.
不是,我就是解釋一下,謝謝,
I will allow these questions to proceed.
我允許繼續詢問這些問題
Your Honor.
法官閣下
But if you produce evidence these questions are based
但是你們要是能證明這些問題
on sealed grand jury evidence
是基于保密的大陪審團證據提出
I will exclude all such testimony from this suit.
我會在本訴中排除此種證詞
We need to get Kalinda to follow Patti and find out
我們得讓凱琳達跟著帕蒂,找出
who's leaking this grand jury testimony. No.
泄露大陪審團證詞的人,不行,
We need to talk settlement.
我們得和解
Will we're vulnerable.
威爾,我們現在很脆弱
No we're not.
沒那回事
There's nothing there.
沒什么實質證據
But what is there doesn't look good.
但是已有的證據很不利
You played basketball with him
你確實和他打籃球了
you introduced him to a bookie and he awarded us
你介紹他和莊家認識,他判給我們
seven million above our ask.
比我們提出的還多七百萬
Here's what I suggest.
我的建議是
We offer to drop the Veriscene class action.
放棄對維洛欣的集體訴訟
It's what they want anyway.
反正這正是他們想要的
Damn it. I know but it's the smart move.
該死,我明白,但這是明智之舉,
We need get this behind us.
我們要結束此案
This balloon payment our clients...
最后那筆付款,我們的客戶
Patric Edelstein is making noise.
帕特里克·艾德斯坦頗有怨言
I mean he's 20% of our quarter.
他占了本季收入的20%
Everything's falling apart as we fight this.
打這個官司讓我們捉襟見肘
Uh do you want me...
需要我回避嗎
No it's all right we've just been...
不用,沒事,只是這一整年...
riding close to the edge this whole year.
我們的形勢一直很嚴峻
It's not for anyone to know.
不需要讓其他人知道
I understand.
我明白
Okay.
好的
Let's make this go away.
盡快了結此案
They brought out the buffet.
這么豐盛的招待
This must be serious.
肯定很重要
You drop the lawsuit
你們放棄上訴
and we drop the Veriscene class action.
我們就放棄維洛欣集體訴訟案
That's our offer; take it or leave it.
這是我們的底線,接不接受隨你們
Fruit? Please.
要水果嗎,謝謝,
No. But thank you.
不接受,不過謝了
Don't you want to take back to your client? No.
不用問問你們當事人嗎,不用,
We're not caving on the appeal. We know.
我們可不會束手就擒,我們知道,
You have no case. Not without some grand jury leak.
你們無案可立,除非用大陪審團泄漏的信息
You don't understand.
你們不明白
This isn't about a case.
這不是為了某個案子
Youyou want to tell them?
你來告訴他們
No no.
不,不了
You're much better at the nasty stuff.
打擊人的事還是你更拿手
We're not here to settle.
我們可不是來和解的
We're here to destroy you.
而是來打垮你們
Our clients are tired of being sued by you.
我們當事人受夠了被你們起訴的日子
Four class actions in two years?
兩年內四起集體訴訟
They've taken it personally.
他們被惹怒了
Look at you. Hi booboo.
瞧瞧你,小嘟嘟
They've set aside a large sum of money to put you out of business.
他們設了一大筆懸賞,讓你們破產走人
That's why we're here to make an example of you.
所以我們過來給你們個下馬威
You've seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
都看過《虎豹小霸王》吧
We're the Superposse.
我們就是超級追捕隊
So thank you for the offer
謝謝你們給出的條件
but no.
不過不接受
We're getting paid a lot of money to make you go bankrupt.
有人付我們大把鈔票來讓你們破產
Thank you for the fruit though.
但謝謝提供美味的水果
Hi. That's pretty.
畫得真好看
Well Kalinda funny seeing you here.
凱琳達,真意外在這看到你
Yeah almost as funny as seeing you here
看見你在這里也一樣意外
with Ms. Nyholm leaking grand jury testimony.
把大陪審團案中的證詞透露給尼霍姆小姐
Mr. Wiley is legally sharing
懷利先生是合法地告訴我
his own testimony before the grand jury.
大陪審團開始前,他自己的證詞
Really? Yeah the state's attorney
真的嗎,當然,州檢察官,
wasn't interested in pursuing the case against Will Gardner.
對威爾·加德納的案子不想再深究
Ms. Nyholm is.
尼霍姆小姐有此意向
And our kids love playing together.
而我們的孩子非常玩得來
So it's all perfectly legal.
一切都完全合法
Hi.
你們好
Cary we're having some trouble with Andrew Wiley
凱里,我們碰到了安德魯·懷利的問題
an investigator from the state's attorney's office.
他是州檢察官辦公室的調查員
Yes I know.
是的,我知道
He's the one working with Nyholm and Canning.
就是他在幫尼霍姆和坎寧
I doubt that.
這我不相信
Wiley doesn't break the rules.
懷利不會違反規定
Unless he's using his own testimony.
除非他是在用他自己的證詞
Yep. So we need something from you.
是的,我們需要你的幫助
Well you know that I can't share what I know about the grand jury
你知道我不能透露大陪審團的事
because that would be unethical.
那是違背職業道德的
Yes but you can use your knowledge in another way.
是,但你可以用另一種方式來幫我們
Thank you for coming.
謝謝你過來
It means so much to me.
對我來說意義很大
I didn't come here to visit Jackie.
我不是來看你的,杰姬
I came to recommend that you retain a lawyer.
我來是建議你找個律師
You... Why?
你...為什么
You took money from my children's trust
你從孩子們的信托基金里拿錢
so that you could outbid me
這樣在房屋拍賣中
on my family home.
你就能出價高過我
I intend to sue you.
我準備起訴你
I'm sorry Alicia.
對不起,艾麗西婭
This family's been through so much and I...
這個家經受了如此多的波折,而我...
I thought I knew best.
我以為我做得對
I'm so sorry.
我非常抱歉
Jackie please.
杰姬,拜托
What do you want?
你想要什么
I want you to accept my apology.
我希望你接受我的道歉
No you don't. I want to make things right.
不,你沒有,我想讓事情恢復原樣,
It'll be good for Zach and Grace and... and Peter.
那樣對扎克和格蕾絲還有...彼得都好
You want Peter to win.
你想讓彼得贏得競選
That's what you want.
這才是你想要的
Eli was here wasn't he?
伊萊來過,不是嗎
III don't know.
我...我不知道
I...
我...
He...
他...
He can't do it without you.
沒有你,他無法成功
Here's what I want Jackie.
杰姬,我的條件是
You sign the house over to the kids
你把房子給孩子們
you put it in their names I won't sue.
轉到他們名下,我就不起訴
You want me to accept your apology show me you mean it.
你想讓我接受你的道歉,就拿出誠意
Sign the house over to the kids.
把房子轉到孩子們名下
Excuse me.
不好意思
Watch your toes.
小心腳邊
Everyone please indoor voices.
各位,請放低聲量
Your Honor like you
法官閣下,和你一樣
I look at life a little differently
我對生活的看法也有點獨特
with a little more caution
較為小心翼翼
a little more quiet. Why like me?
較為平靜,為什么和我一樣,
I'm sorry I...
對不起,我
You said "Like me." What do you mean?
你說"和我一樣"什么意思
What we mean Your Honor
法官閣下,我們指的是
is that the defense's motion is a desperate ploy
辯方提出的動議是為了逃避責任
to avoid responsibility.
而做出的最后掙扎
Mr. Canning asked Ms. Sharma one question
坎寧先生問了夏爾馬小姐一個問題
that couldn't have been in Mr. Wiley's grand jury testimony
其內容不可能在懷利先生的大陪審團證詞中
Your Honor.
法官閣下
The $2000 in cash Mr. Gardner gave to a judge
加德納先生給法官的兩千塊
money that was supposedly for UNICEF.
據稱是捐給聯合國兒童基金會
Was for UNICEF.
的確是捐款
This was evidence that Mr.Wiley
這個證據是懷利先生
personally witnessed Your Honor.
親自目睹的,法官閣下
Yes but the question isn't whether he personally witnessed it or not.
是的,但問題不在于是不是他親眼目睹
Andrew did you testify to it or did you witness it?
安德魯,那是你的證詞還是你目睹的事實
Wait a minute you can't talk to our client.
慢著,你不能跟我們的客戶交談
Andrew which one did you do?
安德魯,你做的是哪一種
Oh my God. Andrew no stop right there!
天哪,安德魯,停,打住,
He's right I just witnessed it.
他說得沒錯,我只是目擊者
Due to this admission Your Honor
鑒于此項供認,法官閣下
all the evidence regarding Mr. Gardner's
所有關于加德納先生
bribing of a judge should be excluded.
賄賂法官的證據都應該被排除
Your Honor I'd like to add another name to our witness list:
法官閣下,我想增加一個證人
Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
I have to witness prep you.
我必須給你進行證人預演
They're coming after you
他們的目標是你
trying to get to Will bribing judges another way.
打算另辟蹊徑,來攻擊威爾賄賂法官的事
I know.
我知道
F&E Construction.
F&E建設
What is it?
那是什么
Why?
為什么這樣問
I found a check in your file from Canada.
我在你的加拿大資料中找到了一張支票
An uncashed check from 2007.
一張從2007年至今仍未兌現的支票
Yeah. Thatthat shouldn't be there.
它,它不應該出現在那里
That should be in my personal file.
它應該在我的私人檔案里
It's for $21000.
金額有兩萬一千
That would go a long way to pay your tax bill.
這對交清你的罰款很有幫助
I know. Do you have the check?
我知道,你手上還拿著支票嗎
Thanks.
謝謝
It'sit's complicated.
這,這事很復雜
I called the number on it.
我打了公司的電話
As part of your tax work
這涉及到了你的稅務案
I called employers for updated checks.
我打給他們,讓他們重開支票
When?
什么時候
When did I call? Tuesday.
什么時候打的電話嗎,周二
Did you speak to anyone?
你跟誰說話了嗎
Yes.
是的
Who?
誰,
I don't know.
我不知道
He wouldn't give me his name.
他不肯告訴我他的名字
He asked for the number on your check.
他問我要支票上的號碼
Did you give it?
你有沒有給他
No.
沒有
Thanks.
謝謝
He called me back.
他之后又給我來電
What's going on Kalinda?
發生什么事,凱琳達
It's just something from an old thing.
只是些舊事
"An old thing"?
舊事,
Is it Lemond Bishop?
與萊蒙德·畢夏普有關嗎
No. I'm gonna go and take care of it.
無關,我會去把事情處理好的
Kalinda.
凱琳達
Yeah?
怎么了
Nothing.
沒事
I'll be back.
我會回來的
I'mI'm gonna go take care of it.
我,我會處理好這事
That might be too big for you.
這個對你來說有點巨型了
I've got some lighter ones around the corner.
拐角處有小一點的
No this one's fine.
不用,這個剛好
You sure?
你確定嗎
You need anything else let me know.
如果你有其他需要,只管告訴我
And it's not just the sink the shower too.
不僅僅是水槽,浴室也出了問題
Okay I'll call down but we're probably on our own.
好的,我會告訴房東,但可能沒人管
They go out of their way not to fix things
公寓分戶出售時,他們才不會來修
when they are converting the condos so it forces you to buy.
變相的逼我們買下這間公寓
Are you gonna?
你會嗎
Buy?
買下它嗎
I don't know.
我不清楚
I like it here but maybe there's better.
我喜歡這里,不過可能有更好的
Dad wants you to buy the house.
爸爸想你買下那間房子
He... He told you
他,他跟你說了,
he wanted to sell it didn't he?
他想賣了它,不是嗎
Would you?
你會嗎
Buy the house? No.
買房子嗎,不會
Why not? You were going to.
為什么不,你之前不是想買嗎
I know but everything's up in the air right now.
我知道,只是現在一切都懸而未定
You got a raise.
你獲得加薪了
Yes. But sometimes getting a raise means
沒錯,但有時加薪意味著你的雇傭成本
that you cost more;
更高了
so when they're looking to downsize
當他們想裁員的時候
it's easier to fire you than someone cheaper.
找高工資的人下手是最容易的
And they're looking to downsize?
他們打算裁員嗎
No but we're just going through a bad spell.
不是,可公司最近正在困難期
You should move in.
你該搬過來
We should all live in one house.
我們應該住在一起
What?
怎么了
Not like you guys are married.
不是說你們非得像夫妻那樣
Like a commune.
而是舍友
I've kind of grown to like you.
我覺得越來越像你了
Yeah? Not Zach?
是嗎,不是像扎克?
No not Zach.
不,不像扎克
He's getting too big.
他越長越壯了
You shouldn't answer it.
別去接
It's probay work.
估計就是工作上的事
They can't fire you if they can't find you.
他們找不到你就不能開除你了
Very funny.
很搞笑
Hello?
你好
Alicia Florrick?
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
Is it work?
是工作嗎
No. Wrong number.
不是,撥錯號了
This is Kalinda. Please leave a message.
我是凱琳達,請留言
You ready for this?
你準備好了嗎
I hope so.
希望如此
Don't worry it'll all be about me.
不用擔心,他們矛頭是我
Just tell the truth.
實話實說就行了
Have you seen Kalinda?
你看見凱琳達了嗎
No why?
沒,怎么了
She's not in today.
今天沒看見她
She's probably just late.
她可能只是遲到了
You were second chair
你在維洛欣案時
on the Veriscene case right Mrs. Florrick?
是次席律師,是嗎,福瑞克太太
Yes. Did you have ex parte communication
是的,你在庭審期間是否曾和溫特法官,
with Judge Wynter during the trial?
有過片面交流
No. And you have no personal relationship with Judge Wynter?
沒有,而你跟溫特法官也沒有私交,
That's correct.
是的
But someone you know does?
但是你認識的某人有過
You mean Will?
你是指威爾
No.
不是
I mean your husband.
我是指你丈夫
Peter Florrick.
彼得·福瑞克
II have no idea.
我不知道
You have no idea whether your husband
你不知道你的老公
has a pernal relationship with Judge Wynter?
跟溫特法官是否有私交嗎
I mean I know that he knows him
我是說,我知道他認識法官
but I don't know the extent of their relationship.
但我不清楚他們交情有多深
Did you know that your husband
那你是否知道你老公
met with Judge Wynter three times
在維洛欣案裁決前一周
in the week leading up to the Veriscene verdict?
和溫特法官見過三次面
No. Really?
不知道,真的,
On the eve of Judge Wynter's decision
就在溫特法官決定
to award you $25 million
判給你們2500萬美元前
your husband met with him three times
你丈夫和他見過三次面
and you had no idea? That's correct.
而你完全不知情,是的,
Are we working off the assumption they did in fact meet?
我們能否不應主觀假設他們見面了
How do we know this?
我們如何確定
Because we're going to subpoena Peter Florrick.
因為我方要求傳喚彼得·福瑞克作證
You're going to subpoena the state's attorney? We already have.
你們要傳喚州檢察官嗎,已經傳了,
Hold the door please.
等一下,謝謝
Thanks.
謝謝
No problem. 28th?
沒事,28樓
Yeah.
是的
So you seeing Alicia?
你是來看艾麗西婭嗎
Am I seeing Alicia?
我是來看艾麗西婭嗎
No actually I'm being deposed.
事實上不,我是來作證的
Oh. Really?
哦,真的
Although it occurred to me
不過我也發現
I've never seen where Alicia works.
我沒來看過艾麗西婭工作的地方
Does she know you're coming?
她知道你來嗎
Not that it matters either way.
不是說這有什么要緊
I don't know.
我不知道
So you must be looking forward to getting back to the law?
你應該很期待重返法律界吧
I am.
是的
I think convicts call it "Short time."
我想罪犯們管這叫做"短休"
Really?
真的
I never did.
我從沒這么想
Well hi.
嗨,
Hi.
嗨,
Look who I found.
瞧瞧我碰見誰了
Yes. Welcome.
是啊,歡迎
I thought I would come and meet you.
我還想過去找你
Which one?
誰,
You Peter.
你,彼得
Thought you might want to see my office.
我想你可能會想看看我的辦公室
Hello Eli.
你好,伊萊
I...
我...
Hi.
嗨,
Hllo everyone.
各位好
Hi. I was just showing Peter my office.
我正要帶彼得去看我的辦公室
He's here for a deposition.
他是來作證的
Really?
真的
Great.
太好了
Cary.
凱里
Hey Cary. Hello.
凱里,你好,
Mr. Florrick. How you doing?
福瑞克先生,你好嗎
Hey how you guys doing? So how's it going here?
各位好,在這里感覺如何,
At LockhartGardner? It's good.
洛克哈特&加德納律所嗎,這很好
I mean I loved the state's attorney's office
我喜歡州檢辦公室
but there's lot of smart people here too.
但這里也有很多值得學習的人
One of our new associates.
我們一個新律師的孩子
Hey Kalinda.
凱琳達
It's a surprise party for you.
驚喜派對
I'm impressed.
很讓我驚訝
What you have done in three years is amazing.
你這三年來取得的成績非常驚人
Thank you.
謝謝
Okay.
好了
I guess I should go meet my executioners.
我得去見那些劊子手了
Oh Peter you didn't have to do this.
彼得,你不必這么做的
You could've blown it off.
你本可以置之不理的
It's a stupid nuisance suit.
這只是個愚蠢的連帶案
I wanted to get out and stretch my legs.
我想出來走動一下,舒展身體
Hey. Come over tonight.
晚上過來吧
I'll have to work. Just to see the house.
我得工作,就過來看下房子,
Stay for five minutes tops. I wish I could.
就呆五分鐘,我也希望可以,
Peter?
彼得
Have you checked in on Jackie lately?
你最近有去探望杰姬嗎
Have I? Yeah. Why?
我有沒,有的,怎么了
I'm worried
我很擔心
She seems confused.
她有些糊涂了
She's getting older.
她老了
Congratulations.
恭喜你
You made it.
你做到了
You need money?
你急需錢嗎
Just an advance on the work so far.
就當是工資預付款
Why?
為什么
Kalinda what's going on?
凱琳達,出什么事了
I have to go.
我必須離開
You have to... Why?
你必須...為什么
I thought you were liking it here.
我還以為你喜歡這呢
I am liking it here.
我是喜歡這
Okay then you would understand my confusion.
那我就不懂了
Look...
聽我說...
we're in a bit of trouble.
我們現在遇到了一些問題
We're short on receivables.
應收款項無法及時收到
Patric Edelstein is delaying his monthly
帕特里克·艾德斯坦推遲月付款的支付
and we have some longterm suits that haven't paid out yet.
而我們還有一些長期案的款項也未付清
I can get you some.
我可以幫你一些
Not everything.
但不多
Okay.
好吧
This is goodbye?
這就是告別了嗎
Just a little bit.
算是吧
You're gonna make me cry.
你會讓我傷心的
I don't know.
我不知道
It feels like things are falling apart.
覺得人和事都分崩離析了
You'll build them up again that's what you do.
你會重建往日輝煌的,你做得到
And you met with Judge Wynter three times
在上周四最終裁定之前
before this last Thursday the day of the verdict?
你和溫特法官見了三次面
Yes.
是的
Is that a lot for you?
不覺得太多了嗎
Yeah.
是的
In fact before these three meetings
事實上,在這三次見面之前
you had only met him once...
你只見過他一次
in 2008
那還是在2008年
at a judges' lunch
一次法官午餐聚會上
with 12 other judges.
當時還有其他十二名法官
Yeah that sounds about right.
是的,聽起來是這樣的
So why'd you meet with him?
你為什么要見他呢
Those three times?
那三次嗎
I like him.
我喜歡他
Did the subject of your wife's lawsuit
你們在會面時
come up at these meetings?
有談及你妻子經手的案子嗎
No. Really?
沒有,真的嗎,
At the same time you were meeting with this judge
你與這位法官見面時
your wife had a suit in front of him
你妻子的案子正好是他審理
and the subject never came up?
你們從來沒有談及嗎
That's correct. This grand jury investigation
是這樣的,威爾嫌疑賄賂法官,
into Will Gardner's supposed bribing of three judges
大陪審團對此進行調查
including Judge Wynter... Objection.
其中就有溫特法官,反對,
We are not refering to the content of that investigation
我們沒有涉及調查的內容
just to Mr. Florrick's supervision of it.
只是詢問福瑞克先生當時的負責情況
But just to correct you
糾正一下
Ms. ScottCar had supervision over it.
是斯科特卡爾負責的
Yes until you removed her.
是的,后來你把她調走了
I removed her because the grand jury had concluded.
把撤掉她,是因為大陪審團結案了
But the state's attorney can bring charges again?
但是州檢察官可以重新起訴
He can. I chose not to.
是的,但我選擇不這么做
You also chose not to bring charges against the three judges
你也沒對陷在賄賂案中的法官
involved in this bribery scheme.
提起訴訟
The supposed bribery scheme? Yes.
是假定的賄賂案件吧,是的
Why not? I didn't want to.
為什么不,我不想,
I thought Ms. ScottCarr had gone beyond her directive.
斯科特卡爾女士的作為超出了職責范圍
So when you met with Judge Wynter...
那么當你見溫特法官時
he owed you?
他欠你的情
Did you not want to answer?
你不想回答了嗎
Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know that was a question.
不好意思,我不知道那是一個問題
Didn't you ask Judge Wynter to decide
你讓溫特法官
this verdict for your wife as a quid pro quo
做出利于你妻子案件的裁決
for dropping his investigation? No.
作為放棄調查他的條件嗎,沒有,
But isn't that a fair conclusion?
但這個推論很合理
No. And how is that?
不,為什么,
Because my wife and I are separated.
因為我和妻子分居了
Then I...
那么我
That is news to me.
我第一次聽說這件事
Then what other reason could there be for these meetings?
那你見他的原因是什么
His support for my campaign.
贏取他對我競選的支持
So I guess you could accuse me
我猜你們可以控告我
of being corrupt for myself
為了自己而收買行賄
but not for my wife.
但不是為了我妻子
How's it going?
你怎么樣
Good. You?
挺好,你呢
Good.
也很好
I have to head out. I just wanted to say good night.
我得出去一下,就是過來道個晚安
That man who called me
那個打電話給我的男人
F&E Constructionon
F&E建設那個
he called me at home
他把電話打到我家了
and he said my name.
而且還知道我的名字
He said your name? Yes.
他知道你的名字,是的,
Did you give your name?
你告訴過他你的名字嗎
No.
沒有
Kalinda who is this man?
凱琳達,這人是誰
We said we would be up front with each other.
我們說過要彼此坦白的
I know.
我知道
Is this man dangerous?
這人危險嗎
Yeah.
危險
Well who is he?
那他是誰
He's my husband.
他是我丈夫
Come on. You don't have anything.
得了吧,你們手上什么牌也沒有
The state's attorney just told you
州檢察官剛告訴過你們
there's no way he could have done this for his wife
他不可能為他妻子去找法官說情
because they're separated.
因為他們分居了
And he's done this with some considerable expense
而他這么做,會給自己的政治事業
to his own political career...
造成不小的傷害
because it's now in the record that they've separated.
因為他們分居的事實已被記錄在案
So what do you have?
所以你們還有什么料
A passion to see this through.
堅持到底的激情
We take back our offer to drop the class action.
撤銷集團訴訟的條件我們收回
You lost. Face it.
你們輸了,承認吧
They're right.
他們說的沒錯
We lost.
我們輸了
We should probably just head out. You think?
我們還是走吧,你覺得呢
Here's the thing though.
但問題是
We were the distraction.
我們是聲東擊西
You were the distraction? What does that mean?
聲東擊西,什么意思
Have you checked on your top client Patric Edelstein?
聯系過你們的第一大客戶艾德斯坦嗎
He's no longer your top client.
他不再是你們的第一大客戶了
He's ours.
他是我們的了
We just got the text.
我們剛收到短信
He's been unhappy with Will's suspension
他對威爾的暫停執業
and with your distraction with this lawsuit.
和在這次訴訟上的分心很不高興
Sleight of hand. You were watching the right
變戲法,你在看右邊
you should've been watching the left.
其實你應該看左邊
Mommy! That's right we're done here.
媽媽,好的,我們忙完了,
Mommy's coming home.
媽媽要回家了
After you.
你先請
No no after you.
不不,你先請
Please.
請吧
Mommy! Hello!
媽媽,乖乖,
Let's go. Come on.
走了,來吧
Oops.
糟糕
And it's too late to call him.
現在打電話給他太晚了
They planned on that too.
這點也被他們算計到了
So tomorrow?
那明天嗎
Tomorrow.
明天
How you doing?
你怎么樣
Me? I'm uh...
我嗎,我...
Okay.
還行
You?
你呢
Same.
我也是
That was weird.
感覺很奇怪
With Peter today?
是說今天和彼得一起嗎
Yes it was.
是的
Do you think it was a mistake?
你覺得我們犯了個錯嗎
No.
不,
Good night Alicia.
晚安,艾麗西婭
Good night Will.
晚安,威爾
Mom my doorknob's still broken.
媽,我的門拉手還是壞的
How about some wine?
喝杯酒怎么樣
No I have to get back.
不了,我得回去了
They didn't change much.
他們沒怎么改動
The house? Yeah.
這房子嗎,是的
They tried to flip it
他們急著脫手
but they didn't put any work into it so nobody wanted it.
但沒怎么修繕所以沒人要
Thanks for today.
今天謝謝了
I think you stopped the suit.
是你避免了這次訴訟
I guess I just told the truth.
我實話實說罷了
That's bigger than you think.
但對我來說,意義重大
Dad the pizza's ready.
爸,匹薩好了
Okay.
好的
Pizza? No I have to get up early for work tomorrow.
吃匹薩嗎,不了,明天還要早起上班,
Things are in flux.
事情一團亂
When aren't things in flux?
誰說不是呢
Hey come say goodbye to your mom.
過來跟媽媽說再見
She's leaving.
她要走了
I love you both. I'll see you in a few days.
我愛你們,過幾天再見
Stay Mom.
留下吧,媽
No one will think it means anything.
沒人會覺得有特別的含義
Just...
就是
have some pizza.
吃點匹薩
Then you can go.
吃了再走
You're getting big.
你長大了
I love you.
我愛你
Love you too.
我也愛你