He could be president. Oh please stop.
他沒準能當總統,拜托,別說了,
What? He's handsome enough.
干嘛,他長得夠帥
He's certainly tall enough.
玉樹臨風
Oh Peter isn't even sure if he's running for governor.
彼得還沒決定要不要競選州長呢
Oh he'll run for governor.
他會去競選州長的
I don't know.
我不知道
He has to decide by next week.
他下周必須要做決定
Hello Jackie.
你好,杰姬
Alicia.
艾麗西婭
You have a moment?
你有空嗎
I do.
有,
I haven't seen you for while Alicia.
好一陣子沒見了,艾麗西婭
How are you? Why Jackie? Why'd you do it?
你好嗎,為什么,杰姬,為什么這么做,
Why did I... do it?
為什么怎么做
The house.
房子
The house Zach and Grace grew up in.
扎克和格蕾絲從小長大的房子
The house I lived in for 13 years.
我住了13年的房子
Why did... I put a down payment on it? Yes.
你問我為什么給出了首付?是的,
I didn't want to see it go to another family.
我不想它被別人家買走
You knew I put an offer on it
你明知道我開了價的
and you didn't want me to get it.
你是不想讓我買到
II was visiting a friend in Highland Park
我去高地公園訪友時
and I saw the "For sale" sign and...
看見出售的標志
I decided to put a down payment on it.
于是就決定給出首付了
Because you just so happened to need a fourbedroom 3400squarefoothouse?
因為你正好需要一棟320平米,4居室的房子?
No it's not for me. It's for Peter and the kids.
不是給我自己的,是給彼得和孩子們
We struggled for three years Jackie.
我們掙扎了三年,杰姬
We lost our home.
我們失去了自己的家
We took Zach and Grace out of school.
被迫給扎克和格蕾絲轉校
Where was all this generosity...
那個時候,怎么不見你這么慷慨...
Alicia I offered you a place in my home
艾麗西婭,我邀請你們住到我家
I offered you loans
還提出借錢給你
and every time you said "I want to do it on my own."
但你每次都說,"我自己想辦法"
Well I don't have that many years left
我也沒剩下幾年了
and I'd like to leave something for my children.
我想給孩子們留點東西
And you'll live there with them.
你會搬進去和他們一起住
What? You're giving Peter and the kids the house
什么,你把房子送給彼得和孩子們,
and you will live there with them.
然后搬進去和他們一起住
I don't know. II don't want to presume.
我不知道,我不想妄下定論
Well you're finally getting what you wanted Jackie.
你終于要得到自己想要的了,杰姬
And what is that?
我想要的是什么
Replacing me.
替代我
Oh Alicia I am not replacing you.
艾麗西婭,不是我替代你
You left.
是你離開了
I'm stopping you.
我會阻止你
I'm not really sure how you'll do that.
想不出來你能拿什么阻止我
I'm a lawyer; watch me.
我是個律師,你等著瞧吧
Lindsey...
琳賽
Megan...
梅根
and Pamela.
帕梅拉
These three young women
這三位年輕女士
have spent five years in prison Your Honor
已經在獄中待了5年,法官閣下
five years for a murder they did not commit.
整整5年,全因為一項不是她們犯下的謀殺案
Excuse me Your Honor that is still unproven.
抱歉,法官閣下,這點尚未得到證實
Yes but what is proven is
的確,但已經得到證實的是
that the DNA tying these girls to the body was bogus.
將她們與尸體聯系起來的DNA是假的
Again Your Honor an assertion.
法官大人,這又是他們的主觀斷言
Yes but it's not looking good for you is it Mr Agos?
沒錯,但情況對你不利啊,艾格斯先生
This is the fifth case I've had through here
這是我經手的第五宗
due to the malfeasance of the Illinois Crime Lab
本州犯罪實驗室瀆職而導致的案子了
and I've overturned all of them.
前面幾宗,我全都判決翻案了
But those four cas were built only on DNA.
但前4宗案子,全都只基于DNA
Here there was physical evidence.
而這宗案子有物證
The shoe prints of all three of these women
這三位女士的鞋印
were found in the vicinity of the body.
在尸體附近出現
'Cause it was on a trail that they used every day.
因為她們每天都經過那條小路,
And witnesses at the summer camp
此外,夏令營中有人作證
testified to them repeatedly bullying...
在案發當天,她們多次欺負...
Rosa Torres on the day of her murder Your Honor.
羅莎·托雷斯,法官閣下
It is unfair to discount the totality of that evidence
因為一項小小的違規操作,就無視所有證據
due to one simple infraction.
是不公平的
"One simple infraction"?
小小的違規操作?
Really?
你開玩笑吧
The cornerstone of your case was the DNA the jury was lied to.
你們控訴全建立在DNA上,陪審團被欺騙了
Not by the state's attorney's office
并不是州檢辦的過錯
Which is why the state's attorney's office
那么州檢辦
should share in our anger at this injustice.
就應和我們一樣對這樣的不公正感到憤怒
They should be agitating for the immediate release of these women
他們應該要求將三位女士當庭釋放
not fighting against it.
而不是從中作梗
Okay. Thank you everyone. You can sit down now.
感謝各位,請坐下
Given the egregious nature of these crime lab infractions
鑒于犯罪實驗室違規操作的性質極其惡劣
I have no choice other than to vacate these convictions.
我別無選擇,唯有撤銷定罪
Your Honor we would move for an immediate release.
法官閣下,我們提請當庭釋放三位女士
Mr. Agos do you intend to proceed on the original charges?
艾格斯先生,你打算堅持原來的控訴嗎
We do Your Honor. And we would oppose bail.
是,法官閣下,同時我們反對保釋
It was denied in the original trial
保釋在原來的審判中就被駁回了
and we see no compelling reason for it to be granted now.
現在也并無有力的理由批準保釋
I would agree.
我同意
The defendants are held for retrial.
被告將被關押,等待重審
What's that mean? I stay inside?
什么意思,我繼續待在里頭?
Just for the moment. But this was the big one
只是暫時的,更重要的是
getting the conviction vacated.
定罪被撤銷了
I'm gonna cry.
我要哭了
It's good Lindsey. I know
這是好事,琳賽,我知道,
it's just I don't think they'll let me out.
只是我覺得他們不會放我出來
I have this nightmare of this open door.
我常做一個噩夢,夢里有一道開著的門
Every time I get close to it it shuts in my face.
我每次一靠近門,就在我面前關上
It's okay.
沒事的
Damn it. Key thing is we kept them behind bars.
該死的,重要的是,她們仍關在牢里,
You know what this is don't you?
你明白這是什么情況,對吧
I'm paying for the sins of the past.
我在為過往的罪付出代價
Crime lab screws up under Childs...
犯罪實驗室在查爾茲手下搞砸了
I have to pay the price.
要我來付出代價
Do we retry?
咱們重新起訴嗎
They bullied and killed that girl.
她們欺負并殺死了那個女孩
Not only that
不僅如此
I promised the Torres family
我答應托雷斯夫婦
that I wouldn't let the killers of their daughter go unpunished.
不讓殺害他們女兒的兇手們逍遙法外
Judge Romano seems to be leaning against this.
羅曼諾法官似乎對這個很有意見
It's crime lab fatigue.
她受夠了犯罪實驗室的過錯
Offer them an Alford plea.
向他們提出"阿爾弗德答辯"的條件
I've got to get this off our ledger.
我得趕緊擺平這件事
Hello...
你好
Yeah. Hold on. Cary.
是,等等,凱里
Everybody has to sign on though.
每個人都得簽
If that's what you want.
如果你希望這樣的話
Hey Alicia what's up?
艾麗西婭,怎么了
What?
什么
She said she bought the house for you and the kids.
她說她為你和孩子們買了那棟房子
She said what?
她說什么
This is the first I've heard of it.
我第一次聽說這件事
It's not that I don't want you in there Peter
不是我不想要你住在那里,彼得
It's just weird being separated
但在我們分居的情況下
and having the kids wanting to be in the house with you
孩子們總想著跟你去老房子里住
while I'm on the outs.
而我成了礙事的人,這感覺很奇怪
Yeah.
是啊
But... yyou were thinking of buying the house too right?
但你也確實考慮過要買那棟房子
Well yeah because of this condo conversion.
是,因為公寓只能買不能租了
Yeah but then it would've been
對,但這樣就成了
you in the house with the kids and me on the outs.
你跟孩子們住在老房子里而我成了礙事的人
Um... You're right.
你說的也對
II'm sorry we should've talked.
對不起,我買房之前應該跟你談的
Okay. Well...
好了
Don't worry I will speak to Jackie.
別著急,我會跟杰姬講的
Thank you.
謝謝你
Must be odd
挺尷尬吧
working in the same town as your husband.
跟你老公在一個城市工作
Nope it isn't.
不啊,沒事的
What can I help you with Mr. Kresteva?
你找我有什么事嗎,克里斯特瓦先生
Mike. Nice kids.
叫我邁克就好,孩子們真可愛
Thanks Mike
謝謝,邁克
Eh it's just how do you handle it
我想知道,當你做刑事辯護的時候
fighting criminal cases when your husbans on the other side?
如果對手是你老公,你會怎么辦呢
With great delicacy.
我會謹慎處理
I like you Alicia.
我喜歡你,艾麗西婭
You have wit. Thank you.
你很聰明,謝謝夸獎,
I didn't think it ended so well the last time we spoke Mike.
邁克,我感覺我們上次見面挺不愉快的
So what is it that you need?
你還需要我做什么
I thought it ended pretty well.
我覺得我們的會面挺順暢
I never try to make enemies.
我不想四處樹敵
Whenever I disagre with someone I think:
我跟別人意見分歧時,我會這樣想
today I can't see their side
今天我不認同他們的觀點
but tomorrow who knows?
但誰又知道明天會發生什么
So yyou see my side?
你現在認同我的觀點了?
Well I've come to present you with the report
我今天來送給你我們藍帶小組
from our blue ribbon panel.
的調查報告
I recused myself.
我已經回避了
Yes but we've changed our conclusions.
是,但我們改變了調查結論
You convinced us.
你說服了我們
We censure the officers for not announcing themselves
我們對警員未能表明身份表示譴責
shooting an unarmed man
他們對手無寸鐵的人開槍
and possibly even placing a drop gun in his hand.
甚至涉嫌偽造受害人手中有槍的情形
to cover their tracks.
來掩蓋自己的過失
And it also censures my husband for covering it up?
同時你們也要譴責我丈夫掩蓋此事?
Well... yes.
是啊
Truth is truth isn'it?
真相就是真相,對吧
You wouldn't have us compromise the truth
你不會出于對家人的情感
out of some misplaced deference to family connections?
而讓我們犧牲真相的發現吧?
No. So then you understand why I have to recuse myself.
不會,所以你能理解我為什么回避了
That's why I'm here.
這正是我來的原因
I'm offering you a chance to write a minority report.
我來給你個寫少數派報告的機會
And what would that say?
這個報告該寫些什么呢
Whatever you want. Whatever your conscience guides you to say.
隨你便啊,憑你的良心說話就好
I think I'll decline.
我還是謝絕你的好意吧
Mrs. Florrick I know you don't trust me
福瑞克女士,我知道你不信任我
but I've come around to your side.
但我確實已經站到你這邊來了
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold
如果暴君想讓自己的統治站穩腳跟
is for people of good conscience to remain silent
他只需要那些有良知的人保持沉默
so... don't remain silent.
所以...不要保持沉默
Michael?
邁克爾?
Hello. How are you?
你好,最近還好吧
I'm good Diane.
我很好,戴安
You look great.
看起來氣色不錯
You too.
你也是
Now don't you dare think about poaching Alicia.
你可別想把艾麗西婭挖走
We've got our hooks into her.
我們已經把她緊緊地拴住了
Actually I was here to poacho you. Ha!
我實際是來挖你的,哈
Alicia just asked me in to discuss our blue ribbon panel.
艾麗西婭找我來討論藍帶小組的事
Really? Well I hope that all works out.
真的嗎,我希望你們工作進展得順利
I'm sure it will.
一定會的
Anyway Alicia thank you.
艾麗西婭,謝謝你
It was most helpful.
今天的討論很有意義
And thank you Diane
還要謝謝你,戴安
for putting Alicia on the panel.
把艾麗西婭推薦給我們
Well... odd that.
太奇怪了
Yes.
是啊
So uh Cary called and we have an Alford plea.
凱里來電話說我們可以做阿爾弗德答辯
Really? Yes.
真的嗎,真的,
My guess is they're worried about a lawsuit.
我感覺他們怕被起訴
Lindsey will need some handholding.
琳賽需要人引導
We don't want her to take it?
我們不想讓她接受這個條件嗎
Oh no we just...
不是,我們想...
want her to know all the facts.
讓她了解全部的事實
So what do I do?
我該怎么做
Don't sleep with other people.
不要再跟其他人上床
And that will get me elected?
這就能確保我當選嗎
I'd vote for you.
我會愿意投你票
Here's how people will elect you as Illinoi senator.
你若當選伊利諾伊州參議員,本錢在于
You're a woman. Thank you.
你是女人,謝謝夸獎,
There are three other men in the race.
同時參選的其他三人都是男的
They will split the male vote.
他們會瓜分男性選民的選票
You will win the female vote
女性選民則會投你
but... only if you win the female vote.
但你得贏得她們的選票才行
Meaning...? Female voters are traditional.
就是說... 女性選民都很傳統,
They don't like a modern woman.
她們不喜歡現代女性的形象
And that's why you're going to stand beside me
所以你要跟我站在一起
and by your woman?
站在你女人身邊
Vanessa that is not what I was saying.
凡妮莎,我不是這個意思
But it's the point isn't it?
但這就是關鍵,不是嗎
Having my exhusband approving of me
讓我的前夫支持我
makes me more traditional.
這樣就讓我顯得更傳統
Vanessa. What?
凡妮莎,怎么了,
I'm not saying we have to mean it.
我又沒說我們不能口是心非
I'm talking about politics.
我談論的是政治
Just politics?
只有政治?
Yes.
對,
What else is there?
還有別的嗎
I don't know.
我不知道
You tell me.
你說呢
A what?
什么
An Alford plea.
阿爾弗德答辯
It's a form a...
這是一種...
a guilty plea.
是一種有罪答辯
No. Wait just... just hear us.
不,別急,聽我們講完,
I already said... Lindsey listen.
我已經說過了,琳賽你聽我說,
We'll do whatever you want
我們肯定會尊重你的意見
but with an Alford plea
但如果做阿爾弗德答辯
you get out.
你能馬上出來
You acknowledge to the prosecution
你承認控方掌握了足夠的證據
that they have enough evidence to convict
可以使法庭做出有罪判決
but you get out.
但你可以出來
Do they?
他們有嗎
Have enough evidence to convict?
足以做出有罪判決的證據嗎
Wiout the DNA normally we would say no
缺乏DNA的證據,我們通常會認為沒有
but you never know for sure what a jury will do.
但你沒法預料陪審團會怎么做
So if I take this... plea...
如果我認罪...
The state's attorney agrees to a sentence of time served.
州檢察官便同意你的服刑已經完畢
You go free. Now. Immediately.
你馬上獲得自由,現在,立刻
Really?
真的嗎
Yeah Megan but there are drawbacks.
是的,梅根,但也有壞處
You won't be able to clear your name.
你不能洗刷你的罪名
You'll be a convicted felon for the rest of your life.
你這輩子永遠都背著這項罪名
And one parole violation and you're right back here.
你一旦違反假釋規定,就會再回到這里
But if I don't take it I have to stay here?
如果我不認罪,我就得繼續呆在這里
Yes. At least until you get a new trial.
沒錯,至少在重審之前如此
And that's how long?
那是多久
I don't know.
我不知道
I want you to have a complete picture here Pamela.
我希望你對整件事心里有數,帕梅拉
The state's attorney offers this plea
州檢察官開出這個條件
because they are afraid of being sued.
是因為他們害怕被起訴
As part of the plea agreement you have to promise not to sue.
辯訴交易的內容之一,就是你保證不會起訴
But get out?
但我就能出去了
Yes. That's why they do it.
是的,這就是他們的交換條件
They dingle freedom in front of your eyes to get a guilty plea.
他們用自由誘惑你簽這份認罪協議
And if I turned down and sued?
如果我拒絕協議然后上訴呢
The last crime lab lawsuit against Cook County
最新一宗因犯罪實驗室而對庫克縣政府的起訴
resulted in a $10 million reward.
結果是1000萬美金賠償
$10 million?
1000萬美金嗎,
That's... Not a guarantee.
這... 不一定能拿到,
And any award you would get you would have to split three ways.
而且任何賠償你們都將三人均分
Do you think I should reject this plea?
你們覺得我應該拒絕這份協議嗎
No. We're just laying out the options.
不是,我們只是提出這些選項
We have a very good case
案情對我們很有利
against the state's attorney's office.
對州檢辦很不利
We won a lawsuit last year
我們去年贏過一個案子
on exactly these kind of crime lab missteps.
恰是關于這類犯罪實驗室過失的
And it's important to hold these people responsible.
而且讓這些人承擔責任是很重要的
But... We're not the ones who have to sit in prison for another year.
但... 必須再坐1年牢的不是我們
You have no idea what that kind of money would mean.
你無法想象那么多錢意味著什么
My family...
我家人...
It would change everything for us.
那會改變我們所有的一切
I guess the question then is...
我想現在的問題是
is it worth it to spend another year in prison
為了這個可能性而在牢里再待1年
to maybe change everything?
是否值得
More or less.
基本就是這樣
And how long do I have to decide?
我有多長時間做決定
72 hours.
72小時,
What would you do?
換你會怎么做
I have no idea.
我也不知道
So what do you think?
你怎么覺得
I think she needs the money.
我覺得她需要錢
Who doesn't?
誰不需要呢
A recently released report from an independent police review authority
某獨立警察審查機構新近發布的報告顯示
has found evidence of a cover
有證據表明
meant to protect a Chicago police officer.
有人蓄意包庇一名芝加哥警官
This panel investigated the controversial shooting
這個小組審查了一起在芝加哥高架列車站
of an unarmed man on Chicago's El Train.
發生的有爭議的槍擊平民案
This report
這份報告
exhaustively investigated
經過聲望顯赫的藍帶小組成員
by a prestigious blue ribbon panel
竭盡全力的調查
that even included the wife of the state's attorney himself
成員甚至包括州檢察官夫人
has found a coverup by local officials
報告指出當地公職人員
including the state's attorney.
包括州檢察官均有包庇嫌疑
Kresteva also dropped a bombshell
克里斯特瓦更扔出一枚重磅炸彈
that should complicate the ongoing Illinois political scene.
使當前伊利諾伊州政壇更加復雜
I am running for governor of the great state of Illinois.
我將競選伊利諾伊州州長一職
Together we need to stop corruption like this.
我們必須阻止這類腐敗案件
We need to stop people like the state's attorney
我們必須阻止州檢察官這樣的人
from covering up police shootings like this one.
像本案這樣包庇警方槍擊平民
What's wrong?
怎么了
Everything.
全亂套了
I was never the best father or husband
以前,我作為父親,丈夫
or person really.
乃至為人,都不是最好的
But then something happened to me.
但隨后發生的事改變了我
My son was diagnosed
我兒子被診斷患有
as having acute lymphoblastic leukemia
急性淋巴細胞白血病
and I just woke up
那時我才醒悟
like Paul on the road to Damascus
如同保羅在前往大馬士革的路上,圣經故事
except I was at a Bears tailgater
只不過我當時是在熊隊的車尾野餐會,芝加哥橄欖球隊
stripped down to my underwear.
脫得只剩內褲
Damn it. Damn it.
混蛋,混蛋
What's wrong?
怎么了
I just didn't see something coming.
發生了一些出乎我預料的事情
Have you seen my shoe?
看到我鞋子了嗎
It's on your foot.
在你腳上
Yeah the other one.
我是說,另一只
Who's that?
那是誰
The competition.
競爭對手
My competition?
我的競爭對手?
No Peter's. Peter's.
不,是彼得的,彼得的,
You're thinking about him aren't you.
你在想他,對吧
You're in bed with me
你肉體跟我在一起
but you're thinking about him.
心里卻想著他
You're joking right?
你開玩笑的,對吧
That was a joke?
笑話好冷
Come here.
過來
No I need my shoe. Eli come here.
不,我要我的鞋,伊萊,過來,
Oh my God look at this ten messages.
我的老天,看這個,十條未讀信息
He's been trying to reach me all morning.
他一早上都在找我
Come over here.
快過來
You're referring to Peter Florrick
你是指彼得·福瑞克
the state's attorney?
州檢察官嗎
This was a mistake wasn't it?
這是個錯誤,對吧
Yes.
沒錯
Now go off to your Peter.
去找你家彼得吧
Not without my sh...
我還沒找到鞋...
Our first date.
第一次約會就這樣
Now that would be bad enough
這本該夠糟了
Yeah this was a mistake. but then something else happened.
沒錯,這是個錯誤,但之后又有事發生了,
The wife of the state's attorney
州檢察官的夫人
Alicia Florrick asked me into her office
艾麗西婭·福瑞克邀請我去她辦公室
and told me if I changed this report
告訴我如果我修改這份報告
and exonerated her husband that she would sign too.
免其丈夫之責,她就會簽字
Damn it. Damn it!
混蛋,混蛋
So we only get the Alford plea
所以只有全體贊成的前提下
if we all agree.
才接受這份阿爾弗德答辯
So where are we?
情況如何
Pamela wants to hold out for a civil suit.
帕梅拉想等到民事訴訟階段
Oh I'm sure she does after your sales job.
在你做完推銷后,她當然會這么做
Excuse me are you accusing me?
不好意思,你是在指責我嗎
It's money to you.
對你來說這就是錢
It's a potential $10 million law suit
這可能是一份1000萬美金的案子
and you get 20% of that.
你能拿到20%的抽成
You can't get 20% of freedom.
但你拿不到20%的自由
Okay let's keep it civil. Tommy?
好了,大家都文明一點吧,湯米
Megan wants to take the plea.
梅根想簽這份協議
She was beaten up in prison yesterday.
她昨天在牢里被打了
So here we go with the emotional blackmail.
又開始情感勒索了
No it's not blackmail. I'm just telling you the facts.
不,這不是勒索,我只是在陳述事實
Shs being targeted in prison.
她在牢里被盯上了
And this talk of a civil suit's just making it worse.
這個民事訴訟的事使事情變得更糟
What about your client.
你的客戶怎么說
Lindsey hasn't made up her mind yet.
琳賽還沒決定
She doesn't want to admit to something she didn't do.
她不想承認自己沒做過的事情
Exactly.
確實
But she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life in prison either.
但她也不想下半輩子都在牢里
Look we all know this case is a slam dunk.
我們都知道這案子很有把握
The only reason the state attorny is even offering us the Alford plea
州檢察官提出阿爾弗德答辯的唯一原因
is because he's on the run.
是因為他想快點脫身
You're married to him right? Then Tell us.
你是他老婆,對吧,跟我們說說吧
I can't speak to that.
這我無法回答
Well none of us can.
我們沒人可以
We all know of cases which seemed like slam dunks
我們都見過那種看似很有把握的案子
and turned out not to be.
最后卻滿不是那么回事
Okay so we have three days to figure out whether we have a slam dunk.
好,我們有3天時間弄清這案子是否有把握
I agree.
同意
Our clients are looking for assessment of their chances
我們的客戶希望能對勝算做出評估
and the prosecution is using our dissention against us.
而檢方則正是利用我們的分歧來對付我們
So let's use this remaining time to see what case we have okay?
那我們就利用余下時間來斟酌一下,好嗎
You're on it right?
你在調查吧
Yeah I put a call into the medical examiner's office.
是,我給驗尸官辦公室打了電話
Oh and um
還有
Kalinda can I hire you to look into something for me?
凱琳達,我能否雇你為我干點私事
Sure what is it? Just a...
沒問題,什么事,只是...
I think there might be something wrong in a financial arrangement.
我覺得某個財務安排有些問題
Okay sure whose?
好的,沒問題,誰的
I will need to know.
我需要知道的
My motherinlaw's.
我婆婆的
Hey bum. Callie.
嘿,流浪漢,凱莉,
What are you up to here?
你在這兒干嘛呢
The slumber camp murder?
那宗謀殺案?
Yeah we're trying to win them some money
是啊,我們想給客戶贏取賠償
but what happened to kids today? They don't want money.
可如今的孩子們都怎么了,他們不想要錢
They want freedom.
他們想要自由
You look good suspended.
你停職了卻氣色很好啊
Yep. You got any pointers?
有什么指點嗎
Don't get rusty.
別生銹
You've been suspended what six months right?
你被停職多久,半年,對嗎
Yep.
沒錯
I was a year.
我被停職過一年
Addiction. Cocaine use.
藥癮,吸毒
I didn't know that.
我還真不知道
Yeah some of my best summations were done high.
真的,我幾次最好的總結陳詞,都是嗑嗨了做的
But don't I seem calmer these days?
不過我現在看起來更冷靜,不是嗎
You do.
沒錯
So what are you doing?
你在干嘛呢
I'm reading a book I wrote.
我在讀一本我寫的書
How is it?
如何
Not good.
不行
Oh sorry.
很遺憾
No it's just one more thing I know I can't do.
沒事,只是又發現了一件我干不了的事
I have something you might be interested in.
我倒有點你可能感興趣的事情
Behind the Bar.
律協之后
It's a support group for sanctioned lawyers.
是被制裁的律師互助團體
Disbarment suspension drugs...
被取消律師資格的,被停職的,嗑藥的
Sounds exciting.
聽起來真有意思
Oh come on what are you doing anyway?
拜托,你還能干什么啊
Just lying around all day?
整天就游手好閑嗎
Didn't we almost go out on a date three years ago?
3年前我們不是還差點約會嗎
Yeah you stood me up
是啊,然后你放我鴿子
I was in rehab.
我進戒毒所了
So we'll make this our date.
我們這次算約會吧
Come on.
來吧
What are you doing tomorrow night?
你明晚有事嗎
Kalinda where you been?
凱琳達,你去哪兒了
Oh hibernating.
冬眠啊
You guys haven't been too forthcoming lately.
你們最近可是很難上手啊
Yeahwell.That's all changing.
是啊,不過現在又變了
We're all loosening up around here.
我們這兒現在又松懈了
Really? Why's that?
真的嗎,為什么
I don't know but uh your name is no longer dirt.
我不清楚,不過嘛,你的名字不再是禁忌
No no no no no no.
不不不不
Into the lab.
送實驗室去
No that way.
不,是那邊
What do you need?
你需要什么
Summer camp killing 2007.
2007年的夏令營兇殺案
Three girl killers.
兇手是三個女孩
Oh yeah that one. I thought that was getting kicked.
對啊,那案子,我以為那案子結案了
Yeah state's attorney's office is considering retrying.
是啊,州檢辦正打算重審
Ah yes dead horse beaten yet again.
是嘛,又來鞭尸
Come on.
來吧
Uh 16-year-old girl.
16歲女孩
Three other girls brought her into the woods.
另外三個女孩把她帶進樹林
They stabbed her eight times
她們刺了她八刀
slashed her carotid.
割斷了她頸動脈
Weapon was never found.
未發現兇器
Ah ooh and look at this.
啊,看看這個
What?
什么
A note for you.
給你的字條
ASA Agos he's uh one step ahead of you.
助理檢察官艾格斯,他比你快一步
Mm for the moment.
暫時而已
Oh she was found without her clothes?
被發現時沒穿衣服?
Yeah they thought rape at first
是啊,一開始以為是強奸
cops always think rape
警察總以為是強奸
but no semen no penetration so they thought
但沒發現精液和插入痕跡,因此他們認為
the killer stripped her down to make it look like a rape.
兇手把她剝光是為了制造強奸的假象
What's this? Hypostasis.
這是什么,血液墜積,
Lividity caused by the blood after the death.
因死后血液沉積造成的淤青
No this. I don't know.
不,我是說這個,我不清楚,
But no lividy there.
不過那里沒有淤青
Probably something in contact with her body
可能是什么跟她身體接觸的東西
something on the ground.
地上的東西
No.
不是
It's on the other side of the ankle too.
腳踝另一邊也有
Oh my God you're right.
我的天,你說得對
You solved it.
你破案了
Alicia Florrick askesd me into her office
艾麗西婭·福瑞克邀請我去她辦公室
and told me if I changed this report
告訴我如果我修改這份報告
and exonerated her husband that she would...
免其丈夫之責,她就會...
It's a lie Eli; he's lying.
這是謊言,伊萊,他撒謊
So you weren't on this blue ribbon panel?
這么說,你不在這個藍帶小組?
No I was but I...
不,我在,但我
So you didn't meet with him?
那你沒見過他嗎
I met with him
我見過他
I mean he met with me.
我是說,他來見我的
He came here but he came here
他來這兒,不過他來這兒
to ask me if I wand to write a minority report and I said no.
是問我是否愿意寫一份少數派報告,我拒絕了
So all that staff about Peter trying to cover up a shooting
這么說,彼得想要掩蓋這起槍擊案的事
that's not true?
都不是真的?
Unfortunately I can't
很不幸的是
say anything about those proceedings because they were confidential.
由于保密協議,我無法透露這些內容
Okay so that's it.
好吧,那就這樣
Wait Eli you have to put out a statement or something.
慢著,伊萊,你得發表個聲明之類的
Saying what? Saying that it's not true.
說什么,說這些都不是真的,
II didn't ask him to stop the report.
我沒有要求他修改報告
Why would we do that. Because he's lying Eli.
為什么我們要這么做,因為他撒謊了,伊萊,
Alicia
艾麗西婭
people lie and politicians are just people.
是人就會撒謊,而政客也是人
The problem is when you run around putting out statements
問題在于當你到處發表聲明
saying that people lied
指責某人撒謊了
it just brings more attention to the lie.
那只會讓謊話更受關注
People think there's something wrong with you
人們會覺得你對這謊話如此大驚小怪
for making such a fuss about it.
一定是有問題
People think you lied
人們會認定你說了謊
because you're making a fuss about a lie.
因為你小題大做
That's crazy. It's a 24hour news story.
那太瘋狂了,這個新聞熱度很短,
It'll go away unless we take the bait. But it's...
只要我們不上鉤,自然會消失,但這,
It makes me look bad andand he gets away with it?
這會抹黑我,而他就不被追究嗎
Yep.
沒錯
You have to let it go Alicia.
你要放下這事,艾麗西婭
It's the big leagues.
做大事不能糾纏這些小節
You file a few off.
不要事事較真
It's a bicycle clip.
這是自行車褲管夾
You wear it on your ankle to keep your pants
把它套在腳踝處
from getting caught in the bike chain.
免得褲管卷進自行車鏈里
Which one is this for my motherinlaw?
這東西和哪件事有關,我婆婆那事?
The victim's body.
關于死者尸體的
Something was oppressed against her ankles when she was murdered.
她被殺害時腳踝上壓著東西
Here and here; that's why there was no lividity.
這里和這里,所以這兩處沒有淤青
But there's nothing in the police report
但警方報告里沒有任何材料
that says she was riding a bike that night.
說她那晚騎著自行車
I know.
我知道
And yet...
但是
So where was she riding it?
她要騎車去哪里
A bicycle?
自行車
There was a chance that Rosa rode a bicycle
有可能羅莎那晚遇害前
that night just before she was killed.
騎過自行車
But she didn't have a bike.
但她沒有自行車
I mean we weren't allowed to bring anything.
我們不準帶任何東西
They didn't want any of us off grounds.
他們不讓我們任何人離開營地
What about the counselors?
那輔導員呢
Mary Jane had a bike.
瑪麗·簡有輛自行車
The counselor in Rosa's cabin she had a mountain bike.
羅莎那間小屋的輔導員,她有輛山地車
She was always going off riding.
她經常去騎車
Good thanks. That's helpful.
很好,謝謝,你說的很有幫助
Wait.
等等
What about the plea?
認罪協議怎么辦
What are Pamela and Megan gonna do? Oh yes
帕梅拉和梅根怎么決定的,對了,
Pamela doesn't want to take the Alford plea
帕梅拉不想接受阿爾弗德答辯
but Megan does.
但是梅根愿意
Megan's being beaten up in prison.
梅根在監獄里總挨打
Oh my God I'm so sorry.
天啊,她真可憐
Maybe I should take the plea.
或許我應該接受認罪協議
Here's what we're trying to do Lindsey.
我們想這么做,琳賽
We want to line up the evidence to demonstrate to Judge Romano
我們想搜集證據向羅曼諾法官證明
that the state's attorney has no evidence to hold you to trial.
州檢察官沒有證據起訴你
You'll just be released.
你會被當庭釋放
But you have to do that before the plea expires?
但你們得在認罪協議失效前完成
Yes that's why we're pursuing this evidence.
是的,因此我們正在追查這一證據
Okay and you want me to sit tight?
好吧,你們希望我再等等嗎
Yes just for a little while longer.
是的,稍微再等一陣
Then I will.
那好吧
Tell Megan to stay strong.
告訴梅根堅強些
Thank you Alicia.
謝謝你,艾麗西婭
You still having nightmares?
你還做噩夢嗎
No.
不做了
So we have evidence that
我們有證據顯示
the victim Rosa Torres might have ridden a bike
死者羅莎·托雷斯那晚遇害前
the night she was killed.
可能騎過自行車
I understand that uh you had a bike right?
我聽說你有輛自行車,是嗎
Yeah. Why?
是的,怎么呢
And you reported it stolen?
你曾報案說它被偷了
But then you found it right?
但后來你又找到了,是嗎
Yeah a week later. Why?
是的,一周后找到的,怎么呢
Uh Rosa borrowed it that night intending to return it
羅莎那晚借來騎了,本想還的
but then she was murdered.
但后來她被殺害了
How do you know all this?
這些你是怎么知道的
Where did you find it? What does it matter?
你在哪里找到的,這有什么關系,
Well it matters because Lindsey is innocent
有關系,因為琳賽是無辜的
and my guess is Rosa borrowed your bike that night
我估計羅莎那晚借你的車
to meet someone off the grounds
去見營地外的某個人
and he or she moved her body back onto the grounds
那個人將她的尸體運回了營地
but never knew about the bike.
卻根本不知道有輛自行車
So where'd you find it?
所以,你在哪里找到的
I want complete separation between the legal and the political.
我希望法律與政治徹底分離
Anyway I think you all get it
總之,我想你們都明白了
and with that I need a moment.
那我們等會再說
Alicia good to see you.
艾麗西婭,很高興見到你
I'm sorry I didn't say anything about my press conference yesterday.
很抱歉我昨天的記者會沒跟你提過
I didn't want to let my campaign get in the way of the panel.
我不想因為我的競選影響到藍帶小組
So I invited you to my office?
所以,是我請你來我辦公室的?
You...
你...
Excuse me? You said I invited you to my ofce
你說什么,你說我請你來我的辦公室,
and tried to get you to change the report about Peter? Yes.
想讓你更改關于彼得的那份報告,是的,
Which is a lie.
這是假話
Which part?
哪里假了
All of it.
全都是
First of all do you want some water or something to drink? No.
首先你要不要喝杯水什么的,不用
And second of all i'm not... I'm not sure what you're disagreeing about.
那其次,我不清楚你是對什么事情有意見
I'm not disagreeing about anything.
我不是對什么事情有意見
I'm telling you to stop lying about me.
我是叫你別在編造關于我的謊話
Alicia I'm not lying about anything.
艾麗西婭,我沒說任何謊話
You invited me into your office.
你請我去你的辦公室
No I didn't.
不,我沒有
You came to my office.
你自己到我辦公室來的
Because you invited me.
因為你請我去的
And then you asked me to change the report.
然后你叫我更改那份報告
No. You came to my office
不是的,你跑來我的辦公室
and you asked me if I wanted to write a minority report.
問我是否愿意寫一份少數意見的報告
Alicia uh... I'm sorry. I...
艾麗西婭,很抱歉,我
Our memories seem to diverge here.
我們的記憶在這里有分歧
You invited me into your office
你請我去你的辦公室
and I was stunned when you asked me to change the report.
當你叫我更改那份報告的時候我很驚訝
I asked you if this was covered by confidentiality.
我問你這是否屬于保密談話
You said "No."
你說,不屬于
Otherwise I never would have mentioned it in my press conference.
否則我絕不會在我的記者會上提這事
What are you talking about?
你在說什么
You're lying! No. I'm not.
你撒謊,沒有,我沒有,
How can you pretend that isn't what happened?
你怎么能裝作沒這回事呢
One second ginger. I'll be right out.
等一下,金潔,我馬上出來
You're gonna lose.
你會輸的
I am? To whom?
是嗎,輸給誰
Peter.
彼得
No. You know why I won't?
不會的,知道為什么嗎
Because he isn't gonna enter the race.
因為他不會參選
He's too smart. He knows he's vulnerable.
他太聰明,知道自己有把柄在人手上
Stop... lying about me.
不要...再在我的事上說謊
Alicia...
艾麗西婭
don't pretend what I'm saying isn't the truth.
別裝得好像我說的不是事實
I know a lie can travel halfway around the world
我知道在真相還在穿鞋的時候
while the truth is putting its shoes on.
謊言已經可以繞地球半圈
But still...
但是...
I found it here
我在這里找到的
a week later just leaning there against a tree.
一周后,就在樹邊靠著
Chain broken.
車鏈壞了
Who lives here?
誰住在這里?
Some people who work in town.
在鎮上工作的人
And counselors
有輔導員嗎
A few.
有一些
Hi I'm so sorry to bother you.
嗨,很抱歉打擾你
I was thinking of sending my daughter
我在考慮送我女兒
to the summer camp up the road.
去路前面的夏令營
Do you think it's a good...?
你覺得...
Hi. Uh my name is Kalinda
嗨,我叫凱琳達
and I was thinking of working as a counselor...
我正在考慮做一名輔導員...
Hi. Uh I was just in the neighborhood
嗨,我是個真人秀調查員
and working as an investigator for a reality TV show
正在這附近
looking into the slumber camp murder.
調查夏令營夜間殺人兇手的事
Really? I worked at the camp then.
是嗎,我在夏令營工作過
Really?
真的?
Yeah Rosa was a great girl.
是的,羅莎是個好姑娘
That was a tragedy what happened.
她的死是個悲劇
Yeah. Must have been tough.
是啊,肯定很令人難過
Were you guys close?
你們關系好嗎
Thanks. No just um... just the usual
謝謝,不,就是...普通的,
instructorcamper relationip.
輔導員和營員的關系
You ran a photography program?
你教過攝影課?
Yeah.
對,
I also taught at the community college
在所有東西都數字化之前
before everything went digital.
我還在社區學院教過課
There was an art form to film.
當時還講究藝術形式
Now everybody just worries about computer bytes.
現在所有人都只關注電腦字節
Nobody cares about process anymore.
沒人關心手法了
I loved working at that camp though.
不過我挺喜歡在營地工作的
Those kids inspire me.
那些孩子給了我很多靈感
Inin what way?
哪...哪些方面的靈感呢
Mm their reverence for nature.
她們對自然的敬畏
There's not a lot of reverence anymore.
現在人們都不敬畏什么了
There she is.
有了
There's Rosa.
這就是羅莎
Nice girl.
一個很好的姑娘
I don't know. He hasn't decided yet.
我不知道,他還沒決定呢
Which way he's leaning?
他傾向于哪邊呢
Well to be honest Peter is leaning
說實話,彼得傾向于
against running for governor.
不參加州長競選
Why?
為什么
He feels the Democratic Committee is yanking him around.
他覺得民主黨在吊著他玩
They promise him a speech at convention
他們承諾讓他在大會上演講
then they back down.
之后又取消了
It doesn't help that Kresteva has declared.
克里斯特瓦宣布參選也對彼得不利
He's pretty popular you know.
他很受歡迎,你知道的
I spoke to him.
我去跟他談了
You... when?
你...什么時候
Today.
今天
You spoke to him about lying. Didn't you?
你去跟他說謊言的事,對嗎
You couldn't help yourself.
這幫不到你
And he said he wasn't lying but you misremembered right?
而他說他沒說謊,是你記錯了,對吧
Yes.
對,
Alicia I am good at my job.
艾麗西婭,我在我的工作方面很優秀
I know what people do.
我知道人們的行事方式
So when I say don't speak to them again
所以當我說,別跟他們說話了
please believe me I know what I speak of.
請相信,我知道我說的是什么
Peter should run.
彼得應該參選
I know.
我知道
He needs your help.
他需要你的幫助
Kresteva is dangerous. He's like Blagojevich dangerous.
克里斯特瓦很危險,他像布拉戈耶維奇一樣危險
Stop selling Eli. Quit while you're ahead.
別花言巧語了,伊萊,見好就收
Okay.
好的
I'm ahead?
見好?
You tell me what you need and I will think about it.
告訴我你需要什么,我會考慮
No kids. I know.
別牽扯孩子,明白,
And there it is.
成了
You didn't have to say that Alicia.
你不必那么說的,艾麗西婭
I know.
我知道
I'm not sure if I'm running.
我還不確定是否要競選
Yes. That's what Eli said.
沒錯,伊萊也是這么說的
Well Kresteva's no worse than most.
克里斯特瓦并不比大多數人更壞
I'm not sure I agree but either way
我不太同意,但無論如何
this isn't about him.
這和他無關
It's about you wanting to see me elected?
那是你想看我當選嗎
Peter we have had our...issues
彼得,我們有...我們的問題
but I've always respected you political abilities.
但我一直都很贊賞你的政治能力
And I've always thought you re better in office than...
而我一直認為你執政要比...
the alternative.
別人來要好
You know to be honest Alicia
說實話,艾麗西婭
I'm finally enjoying what I'm doing here.
我終于愛上這里的工作了
Maybe that's why I'm thinking of not running.
也許這就是我考慮不競選的原因
Okay... if that's the reason.
好的...如果真是為了這個的話
Hey. Your support means a lot to me.
嘿,你的支持對我意義非凡
Run Peter.
競選吧,彼得
You'd be a good governor.
你會是個好州長的
That's when I found out I was disbarred.
我就是那時發現了被取消律師資格
I've worked... I worked my life to become a lawyer.
我花了畢生心力以成為一名律師
It was everything to me.
這是我的所有
This was fun.
這個挺有意思
There are usually more people.
平時這里會有更多人
Yup that's all this needs.
是啊,也就需要這個了
You know one of the dangers of not having the law to fall back on?
你知道沒有法律依靠時會有什么危險嗎
Coming here with you?
跟你到這里來嗎
Distractions.
會找東西來分心
Drugs alcohol gambling.
毒品,酒,賭博
Anonymous sex with strangers.
跟陌生人發生性關系
It's a good thing we're not strangers.
還好我們不是陌生人
I could prend to be a stranger.
我可以假裝是個陌生人
My apartment is ten minutes from here.
我的公寓離這里十分鐘路程
I'll leave first.
我先走
If we left
若我們走了
he'd be alone.
他就孤身一人了
My address.
我的地址
Mom how are you?
媽媽,最近還好嗎
Good.
很好
Oh I love seeing you here.
哦,我喜歡看到你在這里
Seems so... appropriate.
看起來...非常和諧
Don't buy the house mom.
別買那房子,媽媽
Oh she talked to you?
她跟你說了?
Yes Alicia talked to me.
是的,艾麗西婭和我談過了
She doesn't understand.
她不理解
She thinks I'm doing this to hurt her.
她覺得我這么做是為了傷害她
I'm doing this for you and the kids.
我這么做是為了你和孩子們
I know and thank you.
我懂,謝謝你
Now don't buy the house.
但是,不要買那座房子
You know she wants to buy it.
她想買
She wants to live there without you.
她想要住在那里,把你摒棄在外
Mom it's not your house.
媽媽,那不是你的房子
I put down payment on it.
我已經給出了首付
I'll lose that.
不買這錢就白扔了
No you'll lose the earnest money at the most.
不,你最多只會損失定金
I can't afford losing that.
這損失我也承受不起
Yes you can. You'll be fine.
可以的,會沒事的
Peter I love you.
彼得,我愛你
You have a good heart but
你的心很好,但是
you don't know when people are manipulating you. I do.
人們在操控你,你不知道,我卻知道
Alicia is manipulating you.
艾麗西婭在操控你
Alicia and I are trying very hard to act like adults.
艾麗西婭和我都在努力做得像個成年人
I need you to butt out.
我要你停止干涉此事
Peter II can't believe it.
彼得,我不敢相信
No listen to me. Sit down. Listen to me.
聽我說,坐下聽我說
Do not buy that house.
不要買那所房子
Do you understand me?
聽明白了嗎
Peter she's controlling you. Mother!
彼得,她在控制你,媽,
Do you want me in your life?
你還想再見到我嗎
Yes or no?
想或不想
Yes.
想,
Then stop it.
那就住手
Stop it right now!
馬上
Call the seller tomorrow or I will.
打電話給賣方,要不然我自己打
Do you understand me?
明白了嗎
Good.
很好
Thanks for coming in.
謝謝你過來
You think he was having a sexual rationship with her?
你認為他和她有性關系?
I checked his record.
我查過他的記錄
Two years after the murder
在命案后兩年
another camper accused him of sexual harassment.
另外一個露營者指控他性騷擾
So you're saying Rosa took Mary Jane's bike
你的意思是,羅莎騎著瑪麗·簡的自行車
and rode it to this counselor's house?
到了這個輔導員的家里
Yeah. Justin Varney but no one ever knew
是的,他叫賈斯汀·瓦爾尼,但沒人發覺此事
because the body was found in the woods back near her cabin.
因為尸體是在她小屋附近的樹林里發現的
The killer must have dumped it t.
肯定是兇手把尸體拋棄在那
Why would he kill her?
他為什么要殺她
Accusations of criminal sexual abuse.
性侵犯的指控
She was 16 he was 25.
他25歲,她16歲
So call an emergency hearing ask for
召集緊急聽證會
a reconsideration on bail.
要求重新審議保釋問題
It's worth a shot.
這值得一試
Okay.
好,
I'll prepare the motion. Mm.
我來準備動議
No. You take it headon.
不,你正面回應
We had problems in our marriage
我們的婚姻有過問題
but we've worked hard to mend fences.
但是我們一直在努力改善關系
Mend fences?
改善關系
Do you have a better cliche?
還有比這更陳詞濫調的嗎
Just a second.
稍等會
Hey Frank. What's up?
弗蘭克,出什么事了
You tell me.
你說說看
You saw Mike Kresteva announce for governor.
你看到邁克·克里斯特瓦要競選州長
I did.
是的
Is Peter running against him?
彼得要和他競選嗎
Is the Democratic Committee supporting him?
民主黨委員會支持他嗎
You come out for Peter he'll run.
你支持彼得,他就會競選
Is that your exwife?
那不是你前妻嗎
Yes. Vanessa.
是的,凡妮莎
And she's running for state senate?
她要競選州參議員?
Yes. And you are runnig her campaign?
是的,你做她的競選經理?
Consulting. I can do both at the same time; don'worry.
顧問而已,不要擔心,我兩件事都可以做好
And what if you can't?
如果你不行呢
What's up Frank?
怎么了,弗蘭克
We don't want her to run.
我們不想讓她參選
What about Robert Mulvey for state senator?
讓羅伯特·馬爾維競選州參議員怎么樣
Don't do this to me please.
請不要對我這么做
She jumped the line Eli.
她越線了,伊萊
We don't want a woman in the race.
我們不想讓女人參選
Mulvey wins the women's vote without her...
如果沒有她,馬爾維可以贏取女性選民的票
Then let Mulvey compete. No.
那就讓馬爾維來競爭,不,
That's not how this works.
事情不是這么辦的
He loses the women's vote he loses.
失去女選民的票,他就會輸
You want us to help Peter
要是想讓我們支持彼得
you drop out of your exwife's campaign.
你就退出你前妻的競選
This is crazy. No it's not.
這太瘋狂了,一點也不,
I can't do that to her. Yes you can.
我不能這么對她,你可以,
She can run in four years; help her then.
她可以4年后再參選,到時再幫她
Damn it!
該死
Uh... don't go getting melodramatic on me Eli.
不要這么夸張,伊萊
You don't care about the state race.
你才不在乎州參議員競選
Peter's the ball game.
彼得的競選才是你關心的
Just tell her you can't help wh her campaign.
只要告訴她你不能幫她競選就行了
Good to see you Eli.
很高興見到你,伊萊
And what do we have today Counselors?
各位律師,今天有什么情況
They're here because Your Honor
法官大人,他們在這里是因為
my client and her codefendants don't have the luxury of waiting for a trial.
被告耗不起等著審訊的時間
Hey Justin Varney has an alibi.
賈斯汀·瓦爾尼有不在場證明
He was at a bar with some friends
謀殺發生時
at the time of the murder.
他正和朋友在酒吧里
The timeline could be off?
時間對不上了?
Yeah but there's something else.
但是還有其他事情
That's a friendship bracelet the kind teenage girls
那是情侶手鏈
give to their boyfriends and keep one for themselves.
少女和男朋友會各戴一只
And that is Megan.
那是梅根
Megan gave Justin her friendship bracele
梅根情侶手鏈的另一只給了賈斯汀
Justin didn't do it.
不是賈斯汀做的
He was dating girls from the camp
他和營地的女孩約會
but he wasn't at home the night of the murder.
但兇殺當晚他不在家
Rosa went there to see him and...
羅莎去見他,然后...
Megan was jealous. Yeah and Megan laid in wait for her.
梅根吃醋了,梅根就在那里等她,
Is Cary anywhere near this?
凱里接受這說法嗎
Not yet but I wouldn't chance it.
還沒,但我覺得很難
And our client? I don't know
我們的當事人呢,我不知道,
I think the only one involved is Megan but...
我覺得唯一有罪的是梅根,但是
Their fates are tied.
她們的命運都連在一塊了
Uh okay go show it to Diane.
好,把這個拿給戴安看
And thanks for the help with my motherinlaw.
謝謝你幫我處理我婆婆的事
Yes Jackie. The money for the down payment
杰姬,首付的錢
you borrowed it from Zach and Grace's trust
你是從扎克和格蕾絲的信托基金里借的
and that is...
那真是...
What?
什么
I had a stroke.
我中風了
You... Oh come on Jackie.
你,拜托,杰姬
Alicia I can't reach Peter
艾麗西婭,我找不到彼得
Please you need to call him.
請你打電話給他
I'm in the hospital.
我在醫院
And here we are.
我們終于到這一步了
Yep here we are.
沒錯,終于到了
Have you decided?
你決定好了嗎
No private lives.
不要涉及私人生活
Mafia rules?
黑手黨規則嗎
We can come after each other but not the families.
我們可以互相攻擊,但不要牽扯家人
Nope.
做不到
Peter sorry my one play here is...
彼得,對不起,我只是想...
Sorry guys can you grab the next one?
不好意思,你們能搭下一部電梯嗎
Thanks.
謝謝
My one play here is to keep you out of the race.
我只是想把你擋在參選的門外
And how do you keep an ambitious man from running?
怎么能讓一個有野心的男人放棄競選呢
Tell him you'll go after his family
告訴他你會咬著他的家人不放
with everything you got.
無所不用其極
You're a real piece of work aren't you?
你真是人中極品
I try to be.
那一直是奮斗目標
Well I'm gonna come after you
既然如此,我也只能
with everything I've got everything I can find.
以牙還牙,以眼還眼
Sure.
當然
Why not.
放馬過來
Peter you enter the race I can promise you one thing:
彼得,如果你參選,我保證你一件事
you may not regret it but your wife will.
你也許不會后悔,但你的老婆會
Oh and... your phone's ringing.
還有,你的手機在響
Hi Alicia.
嗨,艾麗西婭
What?
什么
I forgive you.
我原諒你
Is she all right?
她還好吧
I don't know.
我不知道
Mom I'm sorry I'm sorry I yelled at you.
媽媽,對不起,我不應該吼你的
It's gonna be all right.
會沒事的
I'm sorry?
對不起
Really?
是嘛
I thought I could handle two campaigns at once
我以為我可以兼顧兩邊的競選
but I just don't have the bandwidth to do either well.
可是我沒有精力把兩份工作都做好
So you chose him.
你選了他
I chose the campaign I was managing not consulting.
我選了我在當競選經理的,而不是在當顧問的
I'm sorry.
對不起
This is because we slept together isn't it?
是因為我們倆上床了對吧
No.
不是
I don't believe you. Look Vanessa it pains me to do this.
我不信,凡妮莎,我也很痛苦,
Well I'm so sorry for your pain!
真抱歉讓你受苦了
Look I just... What?
我只是,什么,
I just hope that we can still be friends because..
我希望我們還能做朋友,因為
this has been nice.
我們這樣挺好的
Goodbye Eli.
再見,伊萊
Okay run this by me again.
再跟我說一遍這事
Hypothetically... Of course.
假設,當然,
if I could convince you
如果我可以說服你
that one of the codefendants was actually guilty but
有一個共同被告是有罪的,不過
the other two weren't... That's a big if.
剩下的兩個無罪,這是個很大的"如果"
Would you drop the charges against the other two?
你會不會撤銷對那兩個人的控罪
Alicia it's not my call to make.
艾麗西婭,這事不由我說了算
I still have a job to protect here.
我還要保著自己的飯碗呢
For the time being at least.
起碼目前是這樣
But I thought you liked thewhat did you call it?
我以為你喜歡...你用的什么詞來著
Clarity.
是非分明
Well let's just say it's getting murkier by the day.
那只能說日漸不那么分明了
I'm sorry Alicia honestly.
很抱歉,艾麗西婭,真的
You don't seem happy here Cary. Really?
你在這里并不開心,凱里,是嗎,
Here in my cubicle?
呆在這小隔間里?
Got my Family Circus cartoons and my ficus.
有家庭馬戲團和盆栽相伴,
What more could I want?
夫復何求
I'll talk to you. Yeah.
咱們有空再聊,好,
Peter it's time to do this.
彼得,是時候了
It's time to decide.
該做決定了
Yeah I know.
我知道
Which way are you going?
你怎么選
Let's do it.
我們參選吧
Good.
好,
We'll win this.
我們會獲勝的
I don't know about that but...
這可難說,不過
it's been decided.
我已經下定決心
No. Callie
不行,凱莉,
all our clients are gonna sit in jail for other year
當他們動用全部資源
while the state's attorney's office devotes every resource they have
去尋找我們當事人有罪的證據時
to figuring out how to prove them guilty.
她們要在監獄里多蹲一年
Do you really think they're not gonna find this?
你真以為他們不會發現這事嗎
It's not about what I think Diane
這跟我怎么想沒關系,戴安
my client has made up her mind.
我的當事人已經做了決定
Then your client needs to be told the facts.
那你要讓你的當事人知道現在的情況
This evidence against Megan looks equally bad for all of us.
這項對梅根不利的證據,對我們所有人都很糟
There's no way to prove that Lindsey and Pam
我們根本無法證明琳賽和帕梅拉
didn't help Megan do this.
沒有協助梅根
We'll take our chances.
我們會碰碰運氣
No. You want the money from a lawsuit
不,你想從官司里賺一筆
that's why you'll take your chances. Oh grow up.
這才是原因,成熟點吧,
Don't play the martyr here.
別幫自己立牌坊了
You were just as much into the money as I was.
你們跟我一樣想要那筆賠償金
And what if... Lindsey testifies against your client?
如果,琳賽作不利于你當事人的證明呢
What?
你說什么
It's a new trial.
案件重新審理了
Cary needs new witnesses to replace the DNA evidence.
凱里要新的證人來頂替之前的基因證據
Lindsey would make a good witness.
琳賽會是一個好證人
She'd lie?
她會撒謊?
She wants out of prisons; she's desperate.
她想離開監獄,她孤注一擲了,
You never know what a desperate person will say.
誰會知道一個孤注一擲的人會說些什么話
So I'm wrong to want money
我想要錢是錯的
but you are not wrong to blackmail?
而你們敲詐勒索是對的?
That's right.
說得沒錯
How's that door looking?
那扇門看起來怎樣
Within reach.
觸手可及
You have any idea what you're gonna do?
你以后有什么打算嗎
No.
沒有
I used to like volleyball.
我從前喜歡打排球
I wouldn't mind playing some volleyball.
我不介意重拾舊業
This is where the nightmare always ended.
我每次噩夢都是現在這種情形下結束
Lindsey.
琳賽
Oh my baby!
我的孩子
It's over. Oh sweetheart!
都結束了,親愛的
We've had it for far too long in the state of Illinois.
這種情況在伊利諾伊州已持續太久
It's the politics of divisiveness and discord
政治充斥著不和與紛爭
personal attacks instead of public achievement
政客不為民謀福,只會相互攻擊
negative campaigning instead of positive creation.
沒有積極的創造,只有消極的競選
And that is why today
那就是為什么今天
I am throwing my cap into the race
我鄭重宣布
and announcing my candidacy for the governor of Illinois.
我正式加入伊利諾伊州長競選的行列之中
Our next governor!
我們下一任州長