Do you want the spot?
你要站在這里嗎
Do I want the spot?
站在這里?
Oh I'm sorry I thought...
抱歉,我以為...
Nothing.
沒什么
What's the spot?
站在這里有什么
Oh well if you stand right here you can see
如果你站在這個點上
the painter's signature.
你能看見畫家的簽名
The light catches it just right.
這里的光線正好
Ah then sure yeah I do want the spot.
啊,當然了,我愿意站在這里
Where am I looking?
簽名在哪兒啊
Oh... the inside top of the right thigh.
右邊大腿內側
That wasn't a pickup line.
我可不是和你搭訕
I did think you wanted the spot.
我是以為你想站在那里
I know I just like your voice.
我知道,我只是喜歡你的聲音
I wanted to hear it again.
我想再聽一遍
That's a madeup accent isn't it?
你這口音是裝出來的吧
Yes I use it to impress women in museums.
是的,我用這口音來吸引博物館里的女人
Australians don't ask what people do?
澳洲人不問別人的職業?
Oh we do. We just wait. For?
問的,只是要等機會,什么機會,
Events to evolve.
要等話題展開
Oh and how might they evolve?
要怎么展開話題呢
Well you will ask me in a few minutes
幾分鐘內你就會問我
what I do for a living.
我是做什么工作的
Because I'm an American?
因為我是個美國人嗎
Mmhmm yes and because it's a natural question
嗯,而且這也是個自然的問題
and that is why I have to ask you to dinner.
所以我得先請你共進晚餐
You have to ask me to dinner before I ask you what you do?
你得先請我共進晚餐,然后我才能問你的職業?
Yes do you promise to meet me?
是的,你保證會來嗎
I can't do that.
我不能保證啊
First tell me what you do and then I'll decide.
先告訴我你是做什么的,然后我再決定
I like you Diane.
我喜歡你,戴安
And I'm only doing this because this is my job.
我只是職責在身
You've been served.
你被傳喚了
You're not becoming one of those over protective moms are you?
你不會成為一個過度保護兒女的媽媽吧
I might be.
有可能哦
Mrs. Hartly?
哈特利太太?
Wasn't she your teacher in middle school? Yeah.
她不是你們初中時的老師嗎,對,
Lillian and Mrs. Brooks.
莉莉安和布魯克斯太太
Where have they been?
他們上哪兒去了
"Those poor disadvantaged children."
"那些貧窮困苦的孩子"
"Can you imagine going to a public school?"
"你能想象上公立學校是怎樣的情形嗎"
Since when did I raise such sarcastic kids?
我家孩子怎么變得這么會挖苦人了
Who's that?
那是誰
I think that's Kelsey's dad.
好像是凱爾西的爸爸
No I think they moved away.
不對,我記得他家人都搬走了
I think he wants you.
看上去他要找你
Maybe he's a teacher?
說不定他是個老師
Yes?
你好
Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克太太嗎
Yes.
是的
So are you dating anyone?
你現在有女友嗎
Off and on.
分合聚散
You are the definition of "Off and on" Will.
你就是萬花叢中過的典范,威爾
You gotta get serious sometime.
你遲早得嚴肅戀愛一次
Who says?
誰說的
The Pope I think.
大概是教皇吧
Well your time's up
好了,你的時間到了
and someone's wait to cut in.
有人要找你
Where are you Will?
威爾,你在哪兒
Leaving a wedding.
剛從一個婚禮出來
I think Wendy ScottCarr is coming after me
我覺得溫迪·斯科特卡爾
with a grand jury summons.
要傳喚我去接受大陪審團調查了
I uh Will we're on speakerphone.
威爾,我們開了免提
Uh the summons isn't about you.
傳喚不是針對你的
We got served too Alicia myself and David Lee.
艾麗西婭,我,大衛·李,也被傳喚了
What? Why?
什么,為什么
It's one of David Lee's divorces the Huntley divorce.
是大衛·李的一樁離婚案,亨特利離婚案
The wife of the venture capitalist?
風險投資家的老婆?
We did well by her didn't we?
我們干的不錯啊,是不是
Half his business assets the house in Highland Park
她拿到了他一半的財產,高地公園的房子
and sole custody of their daughter.
還有他們女兒的單獨監護權
She's not suing .
起訴的人不是她
The husband is.
是她老公
What for being too effective?
起訴我們干得太好了嗎
No.
不是
Alienation of affection.
離間夫妻感情
You're kidding.
開玩笑呢吧
What is this the '30s?
這算什么罪名,30年代的?
No we're one of seven states that still has it on the books.
不,我們是全國最后七個還有這罪名的州之一
Yeah as a joke
對,就是個笑料
as a Depressionera curiosity.
就是大蕭條時期遺留下來的古董法律
What he's saying we split them up?
他說我們害他們離婚嗎
That's crazy.
太扯淡了
Yes and his lawyer is coming here in a few hours
是的,他的律師幾小時內就到
to talk settlement.
來談調解方案
You think the timing's suspicious?
你覺得這個時間很可疑?
I do. Three days bere we refinance?
是的,三天后我們就要重新融資
We're going through a short term liquidity problem
我們遇上了短期流動資產問題
nothing to worry about.
沒什么可擔心的
Okay I'm coming in.
好的,我來了
We need to get this off the books fast.
我們得趕快解決這個問題
Where's David Lee? What's he saying about this?
大衛·李在哪兒,他怎么說
What the hell?
搞什么搞
Now I'm being penalized for doing my job well?
我工作做得好也要受懲罰?
I uh uh sssee you in a few minutes Will.
待會見,威爾
You know what?
知道嗎
We countersue.
我們要反訴
It's the principle of the thing.
這就是我們的應對原則
So David not to pry but did you enlist?
大衛,不是我問東問西,你入伍了?
Yes I was getting bored.
對,我干律師干得無聊了
The Yale Club.
是耶魯大學俱樂部
I was served backstage during Gilbert and Sullivan.
我在歌劇吉爾伯特和蘇利文的后臺收到了傳票
Alicia you were on the Huntley divorce your first year.
艾麗西婭,你是工作第一年時處理的亨特利離婚案
He was sleeping with some stripper.
他在和某個脫衣舞女偷腥
Good that's what we need.
好,要的就是這個
There can't be alienation of affection
老公在外面偷腥
if the husband was cheating.
怎么還能說我們離間夫妻感情
Get Kalinda.
去找凱琳達
There's uh there's nothing I need to know here
這事沒什么內情吧
is there David? What do you mean?
是嗎,大衛,什么意思,
I think you know what I mean.
我想你懂我意思
This was a straight division of assets.
這就是一次直截了當的財產分割
We were there for her we did right by her.
我們一直幫她,也做得很好
Good.
那好
Doesn't let up does it? Not often.
總有麻煩事,是吧,差不多,
Is everything all right?
一切還好吧
Yeah I was at a wedding.
是的,我在參加婚禮
No I mean the Wendy ScottCarr thing.
不,我是說溫迪那件事
Yeah don't worry something I'm handling you know.
嗯,別擔心,我正處理著呢
This is an easy lawsuit.
這是件簡單的案子
We just need to get to the wife. She...
我們只需要聯系一下他老婆,她
I thought I'd dress up for this lawyer.
我覺得我要打扮一番見這個律師
We just need to get to the wife get her on record.
我們只需要聯系他老婆,讓她作證
What's her name? April Huntley.
她叫什么,艾波·亨特利,
Right she hired us he didn't.
對,是她雇的我們,不是她老公
She's the one who wanted the divorce.
是女方想要離婚
We didn't force anything on her.
我們什么都沒強迫她做
She's still a client?
她還是我們客戶嗎
Julius is primary on her business holdings.
朱利葉斯主管她的商業財產
I'll call him?
我找他?
No Will you talk to her.
不,威爾,你來和她說
Why?
為什么
Because Will can talk to her.
因為威爾能和她說上話
Do we know her husband's attorney?
知道她丈夫的律師是誰嗎
No someone from L.A.
不知道,洛杉磯來的一個人
L.A.? Why L.A.?
洛杉磯,為什么從洛杉磯找人
It's freezing outside.
外面凍死人了
Yes I know it's January.
是啊,這可是一月份
All this affection for seasons.
人們這么喜歡季節變化
I don't understand.
我真是不懂
I think it's about change.
我覺得就是變化吧
Yeah change it's monstrous.
是啊,變化,變化最可怕
Hmm. May I help you?
有什么能幫你的嗎
I'm Burl Preston for Diane Lockhart.
我叫伯爾·普雷斯頓,找戴安·洛克哈特
He's really suing us.
他真的起訴我們了
We thought you could sign an affidavit
我們想讓你簽一份書面陳述
saying you asked us for the divorce.
說明是你讓我們打離婚官司的
Jake is such a turd.
杰克真是個混蛋
He'really suing you?
他真的起訴你們了?
April how does Jake know Burl Preston?
艾波,杰克怎么認識伯爾·普雷斯頓的
Burl who?
伯爾什么
Preston.
普雷斯頓
He's an L.A. lawyer a top L.A. Lawyer.
他是洛杉磯的律師,頂級律師
Oh it must be from one of his companies.
一定是在他的公司里認識的
Why?
怎么了
I'm just surprised he would take this case.
我很奇怪他會接這個案子
Maybe he wants part of the $44 million.
可能他想從這4400萬分一杯羹
Will you there?
威爾,你還在嗎
Yes I'm here.
是,我在
How did you know your husband was suing for $44 million?
你怎么知道你丈夫要索賠4400萬
How did I know?
我怎么知道的
You said.
你剛說的
No I didn't.
不,我沒說
Ms. Lockhart
洛克哈特女士
I always seem to visiting you during the cold months.
我好像總是在冷天拜訪你
Yes I don't suppose you would fly us out to L.A. for the depositions?
是啊,我覺得你不會讓我們飛去洛杉磯作證吧
Ah now there's an idea.
你這主意不錯
I uh I don't think you've met.
你倆應該沒見過
Captain David Lee I was the divorce attorney.
我是大衛·李上尉,我就是那個離婚律師
So you're the one who wrested control of my client's companies?
你就是奪取了我委托人公司的那個了
Uh no I think he should look to his wife for that.
不,我認為他應該找他老婆去
We just got her... David stop.
我們只不過讓她... 打住,大衛,
Mr. Gardner hello.
加德納先生,你好
Good to see you again. They have her.
很高興再次見到你,她在他們一邊,
They have Mrs. Huntley.
亨特利太太在他們一邊
That's right Mr. And Mrs. Huntley have reconciled.
沒錯,亨特利夫婦和好了
You broke up their marriage
你們拆散了他們的婚姻
and hastily sold off their most valuable asset.
倉促地賣掉了他們最有價值的資產
It was a fair division of assets.
那是公平的財產分割
For you yes.
對你們而言,是的
Bubble Elastic was a company owned by Mr. Huntley.
BE公司是亨特利先生的企業
Mrs. Huntley gained control of it during the divorce.
離婚期間,亨特利太太獲得了它的控制權
Exactly she gained control.
沒錯,她獲得了控制權
Until you helped her sell it earlier this year at a loss.
直到今年初你們折價幫她出售了公司
It's now worth $44 million.
這家公司現在價值4400萬
This is not a harassment suit.
這不是一起騷擾訴訟
You conspired to end this marriage for your financial gain.
你們為己之利陰謀拆散這樁婚姻
As a result my client lost out on a $44 million windfall
結果我的委托人損失了4400萬
and that is the amount you will pay.
這就是你們要償付的代價
Wait a minute!
等等再說
This was always part of the equity partner agreement.
這是寫在權益合伙人協議里的
I have no control over family law.
家庭法律部不歸我管
Why should I be held accountable for his screwups?
我為什么要為他搞砸的事埋單
My screwups? I did not...
我搞砸的事?我沒搞砸
Okay okay hold it together guys.
好了好了,淡定點伙計們
No I'm not going to take that from him.
不,我不接受這個人這樣說我
Him? Julius.
這個人?朱利葉斯
My name is Julius. All right all right listen up!
我叫朱利葉斯,好啦,聽我說,
We need to win.
我們要贏
Malpractice insurance won't cover this.
失職保險不管這個
It's an intentional tort
我們被訴故意侵權
so we are all on the hook for $1.2 million.
所以我們每人要賠120萬
Excuse me?
什么
We're on the hook for $1.2 million.
我們每人賠120萬
All of the equity partners share everything
所有權益合伙人都有份
in sickness and in health.
同甘共苦
Who is he?
他是誰
Um I just signed the equity partner agreement last week
我上周才簽了權益合伙人協議
and you're telling me I owe you $1.2 million?
你現在告訴我我欠你120萬?
Only if we lose Eli.
如果我們輸了的話,伊萊
Which given David Lee and his methods
根據大衛·李和他的手段
seems highly likely.
輸的可能性大大的
Oh go to hell Julius.
去死吧,朱利葉斯
There I said your name. Happy?
我叫你名字了,開心了?
I'll be happy when you're disbarred.
你被吊銷執照我才開心呢
How about that? You're a moron!
這個怎么樣,你是個蠢貨
Bring it on.
放馬過來吧
What is going on here?
這是在干嘛吶
One happy family.
相親相愛一家人啊
Could you uh buzz Diane Lockhart?
能請你給戴安·洛克哈特打個電話嗎
Excuse me this is a place of business.
打擾了,這是辦公場所
Yes hi.
是的,你好
Tori get security.
托里,叫保安
If you want to serve someone
如果你要給某人送傳票
you can leave it with the receptionist.
你可以把它留在前臺
No I'm not here to...
不,我不是來送傳票的
I'm here for Diane on a personal matter.
我來找戴安是有私事
Yeah it's all personal.
是啊,都是私事
Mike can you escort this process server
邁克,你能把這位傳票送達員
down to the lobby please?
送到大廳嗎,謝謝
Sir.
請走吧先生
Please give this to her okay?
請把這個給她,好嗎
You can leave it with the receptionist.
你可以放在前臺
The photos are real.
照片是真的
He did meet and sleep with the stripper.
他確實與脫衣舞女上床了
But...?
但是呢
It wasn't purely spontaneous.
但并不完全是他自愿的
We did not.
不會是我們下的套吧
No we didn't.
倒也不是
Mrs. Huntley wanted full custody of her daughter.
亨特利太太想要女兒的完全監護權
That was unlikely
那太難了
so David Lee asked me to set up a DUI trap.
所以大衛·李讓我弄個酒駕陷阱
The stripper wasn't supposed to sleep with him
那個舞女并不是被派去跟他上床
just get him drinking above the legal limit
任務只是讓他飲酒過量
and then a cop I called pulled him over.
而后,我叫的警察攔下了他
I mean it worked.
這辦法確實奏效了
The husband had a DUI just before the custody hearing.
丈夫在監護權聽證前有了酒駕記錄
He lost custody.
便失去了監護權
You have such lofty goals when you start a law firm
帶著那么崇高的目標開個律所
dreams of fighting injustice righting wrongs.
夢想著為正義奮斗,矯正不公
Again the point wasn't to get him to sleep with her.
再次聲明,本來目標不是讓他們上床的
Mr. Huntley acted on his own there.
亨特利先生正好表現了本性而已
Was this discussed with the client?
這事和委托人說過嗎
Mrs. Huntley?
亨特利太太?
Not to my knowledge.
這我就不清楚了
She just wanted full custody of her daughter.
她只是想要女兒的完全監護權而已
This was David Lee going the extra mile.
是大衛·李想出這么個超常規的辦法
Yep good old David Lee.
沒錯,我們親愛的大衛·李
Was this written down anywhere this DUI trap?
這個酒駕陷阱有書面記錄嗎
Possibly in David's notes but I'm not sure.
大衛可能做了筆記,我不確定
Okay we'll try to limit discovery.
好吧,我們要努力縮小信息披露的范圍
Kalinda you do a document sweep.
凱琳達,你去做檔案查詢
We need to know what skeletons are rattling around.
我們得知道哪些部分有問題
And Alicia you're the David Lee wrangler.
艾麗西婭,你去呵護大衛·李
Will do you have a minute?
威爾,有時間談一下嗎
Thank you Alicia Kalinda.
謝謝你們,艾麗西婭,凱琳達
We can't catch a breath can we?
我們連喘口氣的時間都沒,是吧
You need to hire a lawyer.
你得請個律師
We can handle this. No.
我們能處理好,我們不行,
I mean Wendy ScottCarr.
我指的是溫迪·斯科特卡爾那事
I have a few names.
我有個推薦律師名單
No it's all right.
不用,我能搞定
I'm interviewing Jason Cline and Lionel Deerfield.
我即將面試克萊恩和迪爾菲爾德
They're good.
他們很不錯
We don't want this to go to a grand jury.
我們不希望這事鬧到大陪審團面前去
I know.
我知道
You're okay? I am.
你還好? 很好,
If this starts impacting the firm
如果這件事開始影響律所的利益
we'll have to talk.
我們就需要好好談談了
Will there is nothing we'll ever have to talk about.
威爾,我們不需要談任何事
This is a State's Attorney witch hunt.
這只是州檢察官的政治迫害行為
That's all.
僅此而已
We're in this together.
我和你站在一起
It's probably too early to drink.
現在就喝一杯好像還有點早
Another two hours.
再等兩個小時吧
You need a lawyer.
你需要個律師
I need a lawyer.
我需要個律師
Thanks for coming in Jason.
多謝你過來,杰森
I seem to be the State's Attorney's target of the month.
我成了州檢察官的本月目標
Yeah. I think this investigation
沒錯,我覺得這個關于,
into judicial bribery is getting more serious.
司法賄賂的調查越來越來真的了
Don't worry. You'll be fine.
不用擔心,你會沒事的
I will?
會嗎
Oh yeah.
當然
This is a little hiccup.
這只是個暫時的小問題
The State's Attorney just needs to...
州檢察官只是需要...
throw its weight around a little bit.
展示一下自己的手腕
What about a grand jury?
那大陪審團呢
Oh. Grand juries.
大陪審團嘛
They're a joke.
他們就是個笑話
I'm a fighter.
我是個斗士
We'll fight them together.
我們去跟他們干一仗
He told me my husband was cheating on me.
他說我丈夫出軌了
He showed me pictures.
他給我看了照片
I was stunned.
我都驚呆了
I trusted my lawyer. I trusted my firm.
我相信了我的律師和我的律所
But your husband did cheat on you?
但你丈夫確實出軌了啊
No. He said he had never met that woman before.
沒有,他說他之前從沒見過那女人
She sat down next to him and offered to buy a drink.
她在他身邊坐下,請了他一杯酒
But this is him kissing her isn't it?
但照片里是他在吻她,不是嗎
It was a peck a peck on the cheek.
那只是在臉頰上象征性的一吻
And didn't he say this was a setup by your divorce lawyer?
他還說這些都是被你的律師陷害的,對嗎
Would you like to take over the questioning Mr. Preston?
你想做質詢方嗎,普雷斯頓先生
No but I thought we might cut to the chase.
不,但我覺得該談重點問題了
Okay. Here's the chase.
好的,那我來談重點
You came to David Lee to divorce your husband?
你當初找大衛·李,是為了離婚嗎
No. I came to David Lee for advice.
不,我是找他尋求建議
Is this your signature
這是你在律師當事人
on the attorneyclient retainer agreement?
代理合同上簽的字嗎
And what does it say on the top there?
合同開頭寫的什么呢
"Intent to divorce."
自愿離婚,
April did you try
艾波,你在決定離婚前
to reconcile with your husband before the divorce?
曾嘗試過和丈夫和解嗎
Yes twice.
試過,兩次
And when you told your divorce attorney this?
當你把這種想法告訴律師時,他怎么說
He showed me these pictures.
他給我看了這些照片
Of course I showed her the pictures.
當然,我給她看了照片
She was wanting to reconcile with the bum.
她想跟那個混蛋和好
And you didn't want that?
而你不希望這樣,是嗎
If I'm a shoe salesman and you come to buy shoes
如果我是個賣鞋商人,你來買鞋
it's not my job to talk you out of it.
我沒理由說服你不要買吧
It's my job to find a good shoe for you.
我的工作是給你找雙好鞋
Twice she tried to reconcile.
她兩次嘗試和好
Twice she came to you to call off the divorce.
她兩次來找你撤銷離婚訴訟
Twice you convinced her not to.
你兩次說服了她不要撤銷
Because he was shtupping a stripper.
因為她丈夫和一個脫衣舞娘有染
That was not proven. Mr. Huntley denies...
這并無證據,亨特利先生否認...
Oh my God. He does?
哦天吶,他否認
How could I have been so mistaken?
我怎么犯了這么大的錯喲
Mr. Lee was speaking sarcastically.
李先生在諷刺
Who do you call a true friend?
你認為什么樣的人是真正的朋友呢
The one who sees your husband shtupping a stripper
看到你丈夫跟脫衣舞娘上床后告訴你的人呢
and says nothing or the one who says something?
還是什么都不說的人
Did you hire the stripper?
你雇的那個脫衣舞娘嗎
Did I what? Did I hire this woman? Are you crazy?
我什么,我雇的脫衣舞娘?你瘋了嗎
Please answer the question.
請正面回答這個問題
No I did not hire the stripper.
不,我沒有雇她
You perjure yourself in here sir
你如果在這里作偽證
it's the equivalent of perjuring yourself court.
效果等同于在法庭上作偽證
Thank you.
多謝你
Go ahead and ask the question again.
你重問一遍問題吧
Did you hire this woman?
你雇了這個女人嗎
No I did not hire the stripper pictured in those photos.
不,我沒有雇照片里的那個脫衣舞女
I did lose my virginity when I was 14.
但我卻在14歲時失去了童貞
I do have a secret crush on Jacqueline Onassis.
而且我暗戀杰奎琳·歐納西
Okay thank you.
好的,謝謝
I didn't cry when the Challenger exploded.
挑戰者號航天飛機爆炸時,我沒哭
Thank you.
謝謝
Basically you're in trouble.
你有麻煩了
Thanks.
謝謝
I'm not here to sugarcoat it Will.
我不想撿好聽的話哄你,威爾
You hire me I'll give it to you straight.
你要雇用我,我就實話實說
They're investigating you for arranging bribery
他們調查你行賄
and from the sound of it they have something.
看上去,他們手上有些證據
They have circumstantial something.
他們有些間接證據
For a grand jury that's enough.
對于大陪審團來說,那些足夠了
And your defense?
你打算怎么辯護
Turn evidence.
檢舉同犯,爭取立功
Against who? I don't have anything.
檢舉誰,我什么證據都沒有
Everybody has something.
肯定有
Give it to them.
展示出來就是了
For a lighter sentence.
換取較輕的刑罰
How light?
多輕的刑罰
Two years maybe.
或許兩年
Probation?
緩刑嗎
No. Minimum security.
不,最低警戒監獄
Loss of your law license.
吊銷律師執照
I could never practice law again?
那我再也不能從事律師行業了嗎
That's right.
是的
God you're a bundle of laughs.
天吶,你真會說笑
Yep.
是的
Old age.
年紀大了
My cynicism seeping through like oil through a garden of leaves.
這股子憤世嫉俗擋都擋不住
Are you guys being sued?
你們被起訴了吧
I saw Burl Preston out there.
我看到伯爾·普雷斯頓在這兒了
Goodbye Lionel.
再見,萊昂內爾
Thank you.
謝謝
Is it true?
是真的嗎
What? The Challenger?
什么,關于挑戰者號航天飛機的事嗎
Yes I didn't cry.
是的,我沒哭
David.
大衛
Did you hire that stripper for a DUI trap?
是你雇用脫衣舞娘為他設下酒駕陷阱的嗎
$44 million.
4400萬美元,
That's what I just saved you in there.
我剛才的回答為你省了這筆錢
They can't prove we hired that stripper
他們沒法證明我們雇用脫衣舞娘
the lawsuit goes away.
于是我們就能擺脫這案子
And you want to question that?
你對此有異議嗎
I want to question you perjuring yourself.
我對你作偽證有異議
I told him the truth I did not hire her.
我說了真話,我沒有雇用她
Kalinda did?
是凱琳達雇用的嗎
This is an adult's game Diane.
戴安,這是個成人游戲
I'm fine if you don't want to play
如果你不配合的話,我沒意見
but then don't ask the questions.
但是請你不要過問
And what about Alicia?
那么艾麗西婭呢
What about her? She's being deposed next.
艾麗西婭怎么了,她下一個作證,
Will she contradict you?
她的證詞和你的會有出入嗎
When you had your troubles with the Treasury the Treasury monitor...
那會兒財政部監察員找你麻煩的時候
Yes? The lawyer you used she was good?
怎么,你雇用的律師,她很不錯吧,
Yeah she was great. What was her name?
是的,她棒極了,她叫什么名字,
Elsbeth Tascioni.
埃爾斯貝特·塔肖尼
Are you looking for a lawyer?
你在物色律師嗎
I might be.
可能需要
Too bad there are none here.
真可惜你在我們律所找不到人
What's going on Will?
威爾,出什么事了
You don't have to tell me. It's not anything.
你不必告訴我,沒什么,
I just don't want to make life more complicated.
我只是不想讓生活變得更復雜
She's discreet this woman? Yes.
這個女人,她很謹慎吧,是的,
Um she's also different.
她還有些另類
I'm not sure how well you'll get along.
不知道你們能不能好好相處
Well is it worth a meeting?
她值得一見嗎
It is.
是的
Don't judge by first impressions.
不要被初次印象所誤導
Promise.
一定不會
Hi. Alicia how are you?
艾麗西婭,你好嗎
Good. David what's up?
很好,大衛,什么事
I've done something for you.
我為你做了一些事
Your children's trust I decided to get a jump on it.
這是你孩子的信托合同,我提早做出來了
Okay thanks. No problem.
謝謝,沒事,
Had to get done.
必須要做的
It was complicated because it had to anticipate
這比較復雜,因為要預測到
all the ways you might go with your husband.
你和你丈夫以后所有可能發生的情況
Separation divorce.
分居,離婚
So... you know my memory
我的記憶
not so good.
不是特別好
Anyway with your upcoming deposition
總之,你就要作證了
I just wanted to check my facts with you
我想核對一些情況
make sure we're in agreement.
以確保我們保持一致
You know?
你知道嗎
Will they ever dump David Lee?
他們會把大衛·李踢出局嗎
No. He brings in too much money.
不會,他帶來了大量的收入
What if he was costing too much money?
如果因他損失了太多的錢呢
Well depends on how much money.
那要取決于是多少錢
It's not about love; it's about commerce.
這不是感情問題,是利益問題
So if I made a play?
如果我算計他呢
It would depend on the play.
那就取決于你的計策了
Okay. Thanks a lot.
好的,謝謝
But if you go after David Lee
如果你要算計大衛·李
you'd better win or it won't be pretty.
你最好有把握贏,要不然你會很慘
It's kind of nerveracking in here isn't it?
真傷腦筋,不是嗎
Everybody ducking and covering?
每個人都在躲避,掩飾
No it seems fine to me.
不,我覺得沒什么問題
Really?
真的嗎
Then you're made of stronger stuff.
你真堅強
You uh...
你,
you know the penalty for perjury Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人,你知道作偽證的后果嗎
I do.
是的
What is it?
后果是什么
Perjury is a class three felony resulting in imprisonment
作偽證是三級重罪
for no less than two years and no more than five.
罪犯要面臨2至5年的監禁
Good.
很好
Thank you.
謝謝
In what capacity
在亨特利離婚案中
did you assist David Lee on the Huntley divorce?
你是怎么協助大衛·李的
Under his supervision I helped negotiate
在他的指導之下
the division of assets and execute the paperwork.
我協助協商資產分割事項和文件方面的工作
And what else?
還有什么
I'm not sure what you mean.
我不太確定你的意思
Didn't you also function as something of a handholder
你是不是也對我的委托人
for my client?
進行了安慰鼓勵呢
No.
沒有
You didn't?
你沒有嗎
I didn't.
我沒有
Oh. I see.
我明白了
Let me try again.
我重問一遍
Did you function as handholder to April Huntley
你有沒有對我委托人的妻子
the wife of my client?
艾波·亨特利進行安慰鼓勵呢
I tried to comfort her. Yes.
是的,我試著安慰她
You told her you had also dealt with an unfaithful spouse?
你告訴她,你也經歷過配偶不忠的情形?
We commiserated over similarities in our personal lives.
我們由于私生活中的相似經歷而同病相憐
Did you express what a relief it was
你是否表達過離開不忠的丈夫
to be away from a cheating husband
是一種解脫
saying "You can't imagine the relief
原話是,"你無法想象
you feel that first night
當你離開他的第一晚
just being alone having a glass of wine"?
獨自喝杯紅酒時的解脫的感覺"?
Objection Mr. Preston.
反對,普雷斯頓先生
Are we really delving into Mrs. Florrick's private life?
有必要探尋福瑞克夫人的私生活嗎
Only as far as Mrs. Florrick delved
只因為福瑞克夫人自己愿意
into it to further the firm's interests.
分享經歷來為律所爭取利益
Did you exploit your marital status
你是否利用了自己的婚姻狀況
to influence my client's wife?
來影響我的委托人的妻子呢
Mrs. Huntley asked me about my own experiences
亨特利夫人詢問了我的經歷
and I shared those with her in an attempt to comfort.
我便講出了我的經歷,以求安慰她
That is all. To your knowledge
只是這樣,據你所知,
did David Lee hire the stripper Alexandria
大衛·李是否雇傭了脫衣舞女亞歷山德麗亞
to seduce my client?
來引誘我的委托人
No.
沒有
You're under oath Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人,你宣過誓的
Yes I recognize that and my answer is still no.
是的,我知道,我的回答依然是沒有
That seems to be your case Mr. Preston.
普雷斯頓先生,這就是你的問題的回答了
Shall we call it a day?
可以結束了嗎
Uh just... just one more thing.
再問一個問題
Mrs. Florrick
福瑞克夫人
what is this?
這是什么
It appears to be a contract for the sale of Bubble Elastic.
看上去是一份出售BE公司的合同
It is in fact.
對的
Your law firm negotiated that sale?
是你的律所協商的這次出售嗎
We did.
是的
Do you see that last line?
你看到最后一行了嗎
What percentage did your law firm negotiate
根據協商,BE公司的未來收益,
for Bubble Elastic's future profits?
你律所將分得多少
It says five
這上面寫的是5%
but I was not involved in that.
但我沒有參與協商
I know.
我知道
But I thought a thirdyear associate who perjured herself...
但我認為一名作偽證的第三年的律師...
Objection.
反對
...would be the best one to read
會是最佳的,
about the demise of Lockhart/Gardner.
宣告洛克哈特&加德納律所死訊的人
Is this a deposition or an attack?
這是取證會還是人身攻擊啊
A little of both actually.
事實上,兩者都有
That line there five percent means you made more
那一行,5%意味著你們從公司
from that company than Mrs. Huntley.
獲取的利潤比亨特利夫人還多
Does that sound fair Mrs. Florrick?
福瑞克夫人,這聽上去合理嗎
It sounds like a judgment call.
這聽上去是你的主觀見解
A legal judgment call.
是符合法律的主觀見解
Ms. Lockhart is right.
洛克哈特女士是對的
I may not have you on alienation of affection
我確實不能以離間感情起訴你們
but I now have you on fraud.
但現在我可以起訴你們欺詐
We're done here. Thank you.
今天到此為止,謝謝你
Oh no.
別啊
We're just beginning.
我們才剛剛開始
It was money.
是為了賺錢
I was trying to make the firm money.
我只是想為律所賺錢
I'm not going to pay for his mistake.
我不會為他的錯誤埋單的
Well I'm not paying for yours.
我也不會為你的錯誤埋單
Okay let's all raise hands one at a time.
好了,讓我們一個個的說
I got a five percent return on the company sale
我在公司交易中獲得了5%的未來利潤
I can't help it if David Lee got his client less.
是大衛·李沒為他的委托人爭取足夠的份額
What? Are you kidding?
什么,你在開玩笑嗎
And now he's abdicating responsibility.
這是他的瀆職
Your left hand does not know what your right hand is doing.
看來你的左右手平時都不交流的
Why am I being persecuted for doing my job?
為什么我要因為忠于本職而被迫害
Because you didn't tell us and now it's fraud
因為你沒告訴我們,現在這被當成欺詐了
you stupid...
你這個蠢...
Stupid what?
蠢什么
Ooh. Come on say it. I didn't say anything.
來吧,說出來,我什么也沒說,
I wasn't going to say anything and I'm
我什么也沒要說
really offended that you think I would say...
而你卻認為我要說什么,這是對我的冒犯
Oh are you offended David? Thank you very much.
大衛,你被冒犯了嗎,謝謝你們,
Are you offended David? Thank you.
大衛,你被冒犯了嗎,謝謝你們,
Did the client sign a conflict of interest waiver?
委托人簽署利益沖突豁免條款了嗎
That's right she did. It's standard for us.
沒錯,她簽了,這是標準流程
Good we're protected. It can't be fraud if she signed off
很好,有保護了,如果她簽了潛在利益沖突條款
on any potential conflict of interest.
就不存在欺詐了
Why don't I find it in discovery?
我怎么找不到
Because you're blind.
因為你瞎了
It's there. It's a standard rider.
就在那兒,那是標準附加條款
All right where David? It's a rider.
好吧,大衛,在哪兒,是個附加條款,
If it's not with the hard copy it's in the database.
如果紙版沒有,那就在數據庫里
I'll get Kalinda on it. Diane.
我去找凱琳達辦這事,戴安,
We need to talk.
我們得談談
Clause 63.
第63項條款
In a malpractice case the partners can vote
在執業過失案件里,合伙人可以投票
to hold only the negligent partner liable
決定只由過失合伙人
for the entirety of damages.
對全部損失負責
We're not throwing anyone under the bus Eli.
伊萊,我們不會丟下任何人的
Last time I looked we're all under the bus.
依我看,我們所有人處境都不妙
This was a clause insisted on by David Lee.
這是大衛·李堅持添加的條款
He was the one... Who told you that?
他是那個... 誰告訴你的,
Who told me David Lee insisted on it? Kalinda.
誰告訴我大衛·李要求的嗎,凱琳達
He was afraid to be at the mercy
他害怕為別人的錯誤埋單
of other people's mistakes. It seems only fitting...
那么看起來最合理的是...
David Lee brought in 30% of the firm's business this year.
大衛·李今年帶來律所30%的生意
And 100% of the malpractice suits.
以及100%的執業過失訴訟
You are a profit participant now Eli.
伊萊,你現在是權益合伙人了
Throwing David Lee overboard is shortsighted.
拋棄大衛·李太短視了
It is reacting to shortterm circumstances
這是對短期情形采取長期措施
with longterm measures and I won't do it.
我不會這么做的
No you won't do it.
你當然不會做
Because you have a failed romantic notion
因為你有個失敗的浪漫主義觀念
that what you're running here is a family.
那就是把這里當成一個家庭
It's not a family Diane.
戴安,這里不是家庭
A family can't fire you.
家庭不會炒掉你
A family doesn't cost me $1.2 million.
家庭也不會讓我付出120萬的代價
We're not doing it Eli.
我們不會這么做,伊萊
If David Lee came to me wanting to dump you
如果換做是大衛·李想踢你出局
I would have that same answer.
我也一樣會給否定回答
I can outvote you.
我可以用投票駁倒你
All I need is a majority of the equity partners.
只需得到大多數權益合伙人的支持就行了
Well that's true.
沒錯
Too bad you haven't been fostering relationships.
可惜你還沒和他們培養好關系
No time like the present.
現在不比平時
Oh sorry.
抱歉
They're painting.
這里正在粉刷
They keep trying to improve my office
他們不斷地希望改善我的辦公環境
Oh no wait wait wait!
不要,等等,別坐
Oh no.
還好
That's okay.
沒事了
The painters are practical jokers.
這些油漆工總愛惡作劇
Thanks for meeting me Ms. Tascioni.
非常感謝你能見我,塔肖尼女士
I've met a lot of lawyers
我見過很多律師
but Mrs. Florrick swears by you.
但福瑞克太太對你贊賞有加
She's very nice.
她人真好
So they're accusing you of bribing judges?
那么,他們指控你賄賂法官是嗎
The state's attorney's office yes.
對,是州檢察官辦公室
But they're not saying which ones? No.
但他們沒說是哪些法官嗎,是的,
Do you hear that?
你聽見了嗎
Yes.
聽見了
Fantasia someone's calling!
樊塔莎,有人來電話了
Fantasia!
樊塔莎
Why don't I come back another time?
不如我改天再來吧
No no. This'll just take...
沒關系,這個只要...
Uh call back!
我們會回電的
If you can hear me call back!
聽見了嗎,待會給你回電
You know let me arrange another time
要不我們再找時間
for us to meet. No no. Mr. Gardner
見面吧,不,加德納先生,
who are the three most honest judges in Cook County?
誰是庫克縣最誠實的三大法官
The three most honest?
最誠實的三個
I don't know.
我不太清楚
Howard Spinelli Kotter.
可能是霍華德,斯比內利和考特
Why?
怎么了
And you're just waiting around for a grand jury right?
眼下你就干等著面對大陪審團了,對嗎
Yes.
是的
That's a mistake.
這可不對
You have to apply pressure to the special prosecutor.
你得給特別檢察官施加些壓力
How do I do that?
我該怎么做
No you don't do anything. I do that.
你不用做,我會做的
And how do you do that?
那你會怎么做
I have no idea.
我還沒有頭緒
But...
不過...
I'm just starting.
我正開始理出頭緒
Okay?
就這樣吧
Okay. Okay.
好的,好,
I think that's a different one.
應該是另外一個人打來的
Fantasia!
樊塔莎
If it's logged in it's logged in.
如果它被錄入了電腦,那就在里面了
Yeah but I checked the database. The contract's on there
對,我查了數據庫,合同確實在里面
but there's one page missing: the rider.
可卻少了一頁附加條款
It's one page. So what?
就一頁,那又怎樣
$44 million depends on that one page.
這一頁關乎著4400萬,
Well here's a suggestion.
還有一種可能
Maybe it doesn't exist.
可能沒被存進電腦
Whoever logged it in messed up never got the rider signed.
可能是錄入的人搞錯了,沒附上附加條款
Well can you find out who logged it in?
那你能查出是誰錄入的嗎
If they log it in it's in my database.
只要有人錄入,名單都會在數據庫中
Computers don't make things up people make things up.
電腦不會編造事實,只有人才會
There. That's who logged it in.
這里,這個就是錄入人
That's who made the mistake not me.
是這人犯的錯,不是我
Is something wrong?
有什么事嗎
Uh the Huntleys that was your first divorce?
亨特利案是你跟的第一單離婚案嗎
Second. And you were at the firm for how long?
是第二單,那時你來律所多久了,
A half a year. Why?
半年吧,怎么了
You supervised the signing of the contract?
你督導了整個簽署合同的過程嗎
Yes.
是的
What's wrong?
出什么事了
I'm finding some difficulties in the filing.
我在查找備案文檔時遇到了困難
There was no rider.
那里沒有附加條款
In the hard copy I know.
紙版確實是沒有
You have to check the database.
你得去查數據庫
I did.
我查了
I can't find it there either.
那里我也沒有找到
There was a rider.
應該有的
You sure?
你確定嗎
I saw her sign it.
我看著她簽的
I was there when she signed it.
她簽字時,我就在旁邊
I had to sign it too.
因為我也得簽字
Oh my God.
我的天吶
Are you sure?
你確定嗎
This whole lawsuit depends on that rider.
那附加條款事關這整件案子
Look it was your first year here.
那時是你來這兒工作的第一年
Is there any chance you could've... No.
有沒有可能是你... 不可能,
No I mean is there any chance
不,我的意思是,你是否
you could've filed it somewhere else?
將它歸檔到別處了
I don't think so no.
我覺得不可能
I have to tell Diane.
我得告訴戴安
Wait a minute.
等一下
I'm in the lobby Alicia. I can't hear.
艾麗西婭,我現在在大廳,聽不清楚
I'm on my way up.
我準備上樓了
Well look who's here.
看看誰來了
Yep.
就是在下
Hi. Mr. Copeland
你好,考普蘭先生,
thank you for the poster but the answer is no.
謝謝你的海報,但我的回答還是不
I'm not interested in having...
我沒興趣...
Would you excuse me? Just for a second.
能容我失陪下嗎,就一會
Mr. Dobbs?
是多布斯先生嗎
Hello.
你好
Apologies.
非常抱歉
That's not me.
那可不是我
The summons is delivered sir when...
傳票已送到,先生,當...
The summons is accepted when you acknowledge your name.
一旦承認是本人,就視作你已接受傳票
Do you understand?
明白了嗎
Please stop struggling.
所以,別再掙扎了
I'll let you go Mr. Dobbs
多布斯先生,只要你保證不反抗
if you promise not to fight.
我就放開你
Now do you promise not to fight?
你能保證不反抗嗎
Yes.
我保證
Just take a few breaths.
深吸幾口氣
You'll be fine.
你就會沒事了
I'll sue your ass!
我要起訴你這混蛋
That's your first impulse
這是你的沖動反應
but I've documented everything and we got witnesses.
但我都記錄在案了,而且還有人證
You have been served Mr. Dobbs.
你被傳喚了,多布斯先生
You were saying?
你剛才說什么
That happens all the time?
經常會這樣嗎
No no.
沒有,沒有
Sometimes.
偶爾
Most people are pretty good about it.
大部分人都好好地收下了
I wasn't here to see you.
我不是來找你的
It was the same building; I serve this district.
被傳喚對象也在這棟大廈,我負責這個片區
Oh I see.
我明白了
Well I... I misunderstood.
我誤會了
It was very nice to see you again.
很高興再見到你
Very nice to see you.
我也是
What happened?
出什么事了
We can't find the rider.
我們找不到附加條款了
I filed it but we can't find it.
我歸檔了,但找不到了
The rider was signed.
附加條款是簽過名的
I was supervising Alicia;
當時我負責指導艾麗西婭
I know it was signed. Then where is it?
我知道簽過名,那它在哪里呢,
Would you stop cheering for disaster?
你能不能別那么幸災樂禍
I'm not cheering for anything.
我沒幸災樂禍
This is an I.T. problem. No it's not.
這是電腦問題,不是,
It's all our problem.
這是我們大家的問題
I'm sorry.
對不起
I know I logged it.
我確實錄入了的
It was your first year Alicia.
那是你入職第一年,艾麗西婭
Are you sure?
你確定嗎
Yes.
確定
Thank you Alicia.
謝謝你,艾麗西婭
So Clause 63?
想對我用第63條?
Yeah. Clause 63.
沒錯,第63條
People have come after me random people here and there
找我麻煩的人形形色色,層出不窮
but you're the first to do it so baldly.
但你是第一個出手這么直截了當的
Nice office.
辦公室不錯啊
Thank you. A lot of square footage.
謝謝,面積不小啊,
I don't keep track.
我不知道具體數字
How much are you bringing in each year?
你一年能給律所帶來多少進項
I haven't been here long enough to judge.
我來的時間不長,還說不準
Yet you feel comfortable enough to try to get me dumped.
你卻還心安理得地想踢我下船
Yeah I guess I do.
對,是的
Is this a gettoknow eachother session
我們這是在交心呢
or are we confronting each other?
還是在對峙呢
You are gone.
你完蛋了
You are so gone you might as well clean out your desk.
你徹底完蛋了,你可以收拾桌子了
Really?
真的嗎
Uh why is that?
為什么啊
Because I will insist on it.
因為我一定會趕你走
Oh no. Mmm. I'm sorry.
不見得,抱歉
You don't Clause 63 me. I Clause 63 you.
沒你對我用63條的份,只有我對你用
Yeah that might've worked at another time
換個場合你也許有機會
but you screwed up buddy.
但這次是你搞砸了,兄弟
And people who screw up can't act like they didn't.
誰搞砸了都不能裝作沒事
They have to act contrite.
而應該有點悔過表現
And just so you know contrite is not this.
告訴你一聲,悔過可不是你這個樣子
Okay. This was fun.
好吧,真有意思
Just so you know
告訴你吧
I was going to leave.
我本來要走了
I had plans to leave.
我本來計劃要走
But now you made it worth my while.
但現在,沖著你我要再待上一陣
Nice to meet you. Buddy.
認識你很高興,兄弟
Do you have a moment?
有空嗎
Sure.
當然
Diane has asked me to get your best memory of what happened.
戴安叫我來幫你好好回憶一下事情經過
Sure. Let's go for it.
沒問題,我們開始吧
Okay.
好的
Do you remember what time of day the contract was signed?
你記得那天是什么時候簽訂合同的嗎
After refreshing my memory with my day planner.
通過我的日程表回憶
It was signed at 11:00 A.M.
是上午11點簽的
I'm sorry um I have to ask you this
抱歉,我必須得問你這個
but where did you go afterward?
簽完后你去哪里了
According to my day planner I had a function at school.
根據我的日程表,我在學校有個活動
Grace's school an assembly.
格蕾絲的學校,開家長會
And before you left you filed the contract?
在你離開前,你把合同歸檔了嗎
Yes.
是的
Mrs. Huntley and her lawyer
亨特利夫人及其律師
retained two executed copies and we retained one.
持兩份生效副本,我們持一份
Which you filed?
然后你把它歸檔了?
Yes. In the active drawer.
是的,放在抽屜里
And you made the photocopy or did a paralegal?
是你做的影印本還是助理做的
I did. And I personally filed it in the archive.
我做的,而且我親自放到了卷宗里
And the rider was separate?
那附加條款是單獨放的嗎
I don't remember.
我不記得了
Do you remember having to attach the rider to the contract?
你是否記得將附加條款跟合同釘在一起了
No.
不,
You don't remember?
你不記得嗎
I don't remember.
我不記得了
Do you remember signing the rider also?
那你是否記得簽署附加條款呢
You had to sign it to act as a witness to her signature.
你得簽署附加條款作為對她簽名的見證
I'm gonna write that down as a "Yes."
這個回答我就寫"是"了
I don't remember.
我不記得了
I'm gonna write that down as a "Yes." No.
這個回答我就寫"是"了,不,
I don't remember.
我不記得了
Alicia Florrick.
艾麗西婭·福瑞克
Yes?
怎么
We found the rider.
我們找到附加條款了
Where? Oh.
在哪里,天啊
Cary's files.
在凱里的卷宗里
They had been moved into storage when we did the expansion.
律所擴展時把文件搬到儲藏室了
We found a hard copy.
我們找到一張復印件
We have it.
我們有附加條款
We're good we're good.
我們沒事了,我們沒事了
We're okay.
我們安全了
You must've been killing yourself.
你一定嚇壞了
Yes. Thanks.
是的,謝謝
So I'll get on the phone with Mr. Preston.
那我打電話告訴普雷斯頓先生
Why should we delay the good news from him?
這好消息可得趕緊告訴他
Oh there it is.
就是這個
The rider April Huntley's signature
附加條款,艾波·亨特利的簽名
and there's your confirming signature.
這里是你的確認簽名
Well David we dodged the bullet.
大衛,我們逃過一劫
Yes we did.
沒錯
Oh I can't wait to see his face.
我真想看他什么反應
But... you're not sure?
但是,你不確定是嗎
Am I sure that this rider is something David Lee slipped to me to sign?
我是否確定附加條款是他偷偷讓我簽的?
No.
不確定
I just...
我只是...
I think there were six pages in my children's
我記得,孩子的信托合同
trust that I signed and now there are five.
我簽了6頁,現在只有5頁
But you're not certain?
但你不確定
100% certain?
百分之百確定嗎,
No.
不,
Then I think you have to commit to your best memory of events.
那我認為你要以最佳記憶為準
I don't understand.
我不明白
You remember seeing this rider being signed two years ago?
你記得兩年前看見簽署這個附加條款?
Yes.
是的
You're sure of that? Yes.
你確定嗎,確定,
And you're not sure whether this rider page is different?
但你不確定這份附加條款是否是偽造的?
That's correct.
沒錯
Testimony is about your best memory.
證詞是你的最佳記憶
You go with your best memory.
最佳記憶才算數
What if it's wrong?
如果錯了呢
Testimony isn't about right or wrong Alicia.
證詞不關乎對錯,艾麗西婭
It's about the facts as established by your best memory of events.
而只關乎于你根據最佳記憶構筑起的事實
Your memory is this.
你的記憶如此
You saw the rider being signed.
看見附件簽署過
Then that's the fact.
那這就是事實
It's not up to me to do my opponent's job for him.
我沒義務幫我的對手找問題
It's up to Mr. Preston to poke holes in your testimony.
而要由普雷斯頓先生找你證詞的漏洞
You do not poke holes in your own.
你不要給他暴露出漏洞
Do you understand?
明白嗎
I do.
明白
Thank you.
謝謝
Okay now point this down and don't run.
好了,把這個給他,別亂跑
Okay? He's right over there.
好嗎,他就在那里
I heard this play was really good.
聽說這個演出很不錯
I like anything with bears.
跟熊熊有關的我都喜歡
Yes.
是的
You're Wendy ScottCarr?
你是溫迪·斯科特卡爾嗎
I am.
我是
Do you work at the state's attorney's office? No.
你在州檢察官辦公室工作? 不,
No. I'm a lawyer representing Will Gardner.
不,我是威爾·加德納的律師
Elsbeth Tascioni.
埃爾斯貝特·塔肖尼
I see.
這樣啊
He hired a lawyer?
他雇了個律師?
What? Yes.
什么,是的
Although um we haven't worked out all the details yet.
盡管,我們還沒搞定所有細節
But I know that you met with my client
不過我知道你見過我的委托人
and I don't think you should
我認為你不應該
do that again without me being there okay?
在我不在場時再見他,好嗎
If that's what you'd like. It is. If you don't mind?
如果你希望這樣,沒問題,是的,如果你不介意,
Wow. Let me see.
讓我看看
Oh he even put your names in it.
他還寫下了你的名字
Why don't you go see
你為什么不去看看
if you can get one from the lion too okay?
能不能從獅子那里也拿一個呢,好嗎
Oh! Go ahead.
去吧
Say "Hi" for me.
代我問個好
Your client bribed several judges Ms. Tascioni.
你的委托人賄賂了幾位法官,塔肖尼女士
Yes well funny you should bring that up.
是,你提起這個還真巧呢
A reporter called me today from the Chicago Tribune.
芝加哥論壇報的記者今天打電話給我
Very nice man.
很不錯的一個人
And um he asked me about these three judges
問我關于加德納先生
that Mr. Gardner supposedly bribed...
可能賄賂的三位法官
I didn't say anything to the press.
我跟媒體什么都沒說
No I know. I didn't think you did.
不,我知道,我也認為你沒說
Anyway he asked me
總之,他問我
if they were in fact Howard Spinelli and Kotter.
是不是霍華德,斯比內利和考特
And I said I didn't know.
我說不知道
I'm not investigating them.
我沒調查他們
I know I thought probably not.
我知道,我也覺得不太可能
Because as I said to this reporter
因為,就像我跟記者說的
those are three of the most honest
那是三位最受尊敬
and beloved judges on the bench and you know
和愛戴的法官,還有,你知道的
that would put you in a very difficult position
如果那些法官都很生你的氣
at the courthouse with all those judges very angry...
會讓你在法院很...
at you. You leaked those names?
難堪的,你透露了那些名字?
I can bring obstruction of justice charges
我現在就能以妨礙司法公正
against you right now.
起訴你
Yes unfortunately you'll need a judge
是,不幸的是,你需要一名法官
to sanction any such charge and I think you'll find
認可這樣的指控,我想你會發現
those judges in an uncooperative mood right now.
那些法官現在很不愿配合你
Here we are.
孩子回來了
Your client better get ready for an indictment.
你的委托人就準備接起訴書吧
Um no he doesn't need to be ready
不,他不需要準備
because you know I am.
因為,是我準備
Then I'm sure we'll meet again.
那我肯定我們會再見的
Oh I can't wait.
真是迫不及待啊
This is absurd.
這真荒謬
Pardon? Do you expect me to believe
什么,你指望我相信,
this critical document surfaced at precisely the right time?
這份關鍵的文件恰好這時候冒出來?
What are you suggesting?
你想說什么
That it's a forgery? I am.
說這是偽造的嗎,是的,
Then I'm offended.
我感到很受冒犯
Then we'd like to redepose the parties involved
那么我們要向當事人重新取證
to vouch for the document's legitimacy.
以保證文件的合法性
And another firstyear associate
還有一個第一年工作
who worked on the divorce we've yet to depose
參與這件離婚案的律師尚未作證
Cary Agos.
凱里·艾格斯
Certainly.
沒問題
Why don't we arrange a time tomorrow?
約個時間明天見吧
Working late? No.
加班? 不是,
You're not? Nope.
不是嗎,不是,
Well then what are you doing here?
那么,你在這里干什么
There's something I thought might help you with your um... summons.
有個東西我覺得能幫到你傳票的事
My summons?
我的傳票?
Yes your lawsuit.
是的,你的訴訟
Mr. Huntley had to sign off
亨特利先生必須先簽字
on the summons before I delivered them. Yes?
我才能去送這些傳票,然后呢,
And he wasn't at his wife's apartment.
可他卻不在他妻子的公寓
Really?
真的?
Do you recognize this document?
認得這份文件嗎
No.
不,
You've never seen it before? No.
之前從沒見過嗎,沒見過,
Thank you.
謝謝
You worked on this divorce case alongside Alicia Florrick
你當初在艾麗西婭·福瑞克的協助
and under the supervision of David Lee?
與大衛·李的指導下,辦理的這個離婚案?
Yes.
是的
So you were in a perfect position to see such a document?
所以這種文件如果存在,你應該看到過才對
Not necessarily.
這倒未必
But you worked closely on this case?
但你對此案接觸很深
Yes but that doesn't mean anything.
是,但這不能說明什么問題
It's been two years.
兩年前的事了
I couldn't tell you a single document that's in that file to be honest.
坦白講,檔案里的每一份文件我都無法確認
Do you have any idea how a document
你是否知道
signed by Alicia Florrick got into your files in the first place?
一份艾麗西婭簽署的文件,如何會跑到你的卷宗里
Sure. We shared an assistant.
當然,我們共用一個助手
Things got mixed up sometimes.
有時候會把事情弄混淆
You were fired from this firm is that right? Yes.
你當初被這所律所解雇了,是嗎,是的,
So your testimony may be influenced
所以你的證詞可能會受到
by the fact that you want your job back?
你想重返律所工作的愿望的影響?
I can see that you got a yarn you want to spin
我知道你想把故事編成什么樣
Mr. Preston so let me just go ahead and lay this out clearly for you.
普雷斯頓先生,那我就先給你打開天窗說亮話
I have absolutely no reason
我沒有任何理由
to believe that document is a forgery.
相信這份文件是偽造的
I knew Mrs. Florrick and Mr. Lee to be outstanding
在此律所供職期間,我認識到福瑞克夫人
competent and ethical attorneys throughout my time at the firm.
和李先生,都是杰出能干且富有道德的律師
And as for me
至于我
I have no vested interest in the outcome of this case.
我對此案的結果沒有任何既得利益
I don't work here and I don't intend to.
我已不在此工作,也沒有意向重返此律所
Any additional questions?
還有其它問題嗎
Thank you.
謝謝你
You're welcome.
客氣了
I... I don't get it.
我,我不明白
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
Things change.
世事無常
They do.
確實如此
I like working with your husband.
和你丈夫共事我很愉快
He likes working with you.
他也喜歡與你共事
Given that you've been unable to establish
鑒于你們無法證明
the waiver is anything but perfectly legitimate
這份棄權協議有任何不合法之處
you are not left with much of a case.
這官司沒什么可打的了
We disagree. We intend to obtain a forensic analysis
我們不同意,我們決定實施對文件墨水的
of the ink on the document
司法鑒定
to determine whether it's actually two years or two days old.
以確認這字到底是兩年前還是兩天前簽的
That's ambitious. And will run you about $30000.
野心不小啊,這大概得花3萬美金吧
So we would offer that same $30000
那么我們會提供一筆同等金額
as a um goodwill gesture.
以示善意
Absolutely not.
絕對不行
Well then... this is our final offer.
那么,這是我們的最終報價
Okay those are fake.
這些是偽造的
You'll probably have to do better than that.
瞎話得編得再好點
They were probably taken when we were split up.
這八成是我們分開的時候拍的
I bought you that shirt last week.
這襯衣是我上周買給你的
Okay hon just stay calm.
親愛的,鎮定
You disgusting shameless piece of...
你個下流,無恥的...
Let's just take a breath... April.
冷靜一下,艾波
April please. Please. Please honey.
艾波,求你了,求你了,親愛的,
It's not true Your Honor.
這不是真的,法官閣下
Yes there is an investigation
是的,確有如是調查
but the article as reported is not true.
但文章報道并不真實
His Honor Kotter.
是考特法官
Your Honor I have a judge on the other line.
法官閣下,另有法官在給我致電
No no I'llI'll call you back.
不,不,我會給你回電的
Judge Howard is in the waiting room.
霍華德法官在等候室
We have to take the fight back to her.
我們得占據對她的主動
Back to...?
對誰
We have to indict Will Gardner.
我們得起訴威爾·加德納
He is a liability Diane.
他是個禍害,戴安
And frankly you're better off without him.
坦白說,沒有他你會更好
Thursday would be just fine for me.
我覺得周四可以
All I really need is two weeks.
我只需要兩周時間
Stop it both of you!
你倆都打住
Stop what? I'm not bluffing.
打住什么,我可不是虛張聲勢
You work at opposite ends of the building.
你倆辦公室隔得老遠
You barely see each other.
基本見不著面
It's not about seeing each other.
這不是見得著見不著的問題
It's about his methods costing me $1.2 million.
是他的做事方法要讓我付出120萬代價的問題
If you'd like me to go somewhere else
你若是想讓我另謀高就
Diane just say the word.
戴安,就實話實說
No David.
不,大衛
You will stay here because we leave you alone.
你要留下,因為我們不干涉你
Somewhere else will leave me just as alone.
別處也能不干涉我
No they won't.
不,他們不會
Not the way we will and you know it.
別人不可能像我們這樣給你自主權,你明白的
It's a new economy. People have to divorce.
現在是新經濟,離婚的人總是存在,
This lawsuit cost you. And that is a simple fact.
這案子給你帶來極大負面影響,這點毫無疑問
Everybody knows you're a risk
誰都知道你是個危險人物
so stop threatening.
所以別再威脅我了
And Eli you're staying
而伊萊,你也留下
because this job is a temporary one for you
因為這對你來說,只是州長競選前
until the governor's campaign.
一份暫時的工作
Tell me I'm wrong.
你敢說我錯了嗎
Good. This is an office of expediency.
好的,這是你權且棲身的好地方
That is its strength.
這就是它的價值
So stop bickering...
所以停止爭吵
and stop pretending like you'll leave.
也別再擺出要另尋出路的樣子
I won't have it.
我不吃這套
I'm going back to work.
我回去工作了
Good.
很好
Eli?
伊萊
You're back?
你又來了?
How are you?
你好嗎
I'm fine. How are you?
我很好,你呢
Fine.
很好
Well then we're both fine.
那么,咱倆都很好
I have to apologize again.
再次向你道歉
I requested this job
我特地要了這份活兒
so I'd see you again.
以便再次見到你
Why is that?
怎么了
Mr. Gardner?
加德納先生
You have been served.
你的傳票