Five six seven
5 6 7
Eight nine ten eleven.
8 9 10 11
That's two for the Campbells
這是給坎貝爾夫婦的兩張
Where are these exactly?
這些到底是哪兒的票
It's a movie theater no bad seats
電影院的票啊,全是上等座
The Cosgroves
科斯格羅夫夫婦的
And Joey Stan Danny $10 each.
而喬伊,斯坦,丹尼,每人10美元
How come we have to pay
為什么我們就得付錢
when everyone knows damn well they were free?
大家都看得很清楚,剛剛他們兩個可沒付錢
You're such a Jew.
你真是個守財奴
Your friends in Hollywood know you talk that way?
你好萊塢的朋友也知道你這么說話嗎
And let me tell you you're the Jew
要我說,你才是守財奴
Trying to make 30 bucks on something you got for free.
想用免費得來的東西掙30塊錢
25 on Clay by a knockout.
壓25塊,賭克萊會被擊倒,
Liston is favored for a reason.
里斯頓可不是浪得虛名,(卡休斯o克萊,即拳王阿里)
Cassius Clay is scared.
卡休斯o克萊害怕了
Of what pray tell?
怕什么,快告訴我
He had an elevated heart rate before the last fight.
他在出最后一拳之前心跳加快了
Who says that means you're scared?
誰說這就是害怕了
It happens to me all the time. It runs in my family.
我總這樣,我家里人也是
Liston has the weight. And he's never been knocked out.
里斯頓是重量級選手,而且他一直是不敗金身
Sonny's old.
桑尼太老了
He's experienced.
那叫經驗豐富
Don I've got your ticket.
唐,我也替你弄了張票
You want to put something down?
你要不要下點注
Stan's got a barber who makes book.
斯坦認識一個賭拳的理發師
Yeah who do you like?
是啊,你支持哪一個
I was just saying
我剛還說
I think Clay'd make one hell of an adman.
說不定可以請克萊過來拍廣告呢
You're right. Gimme 100 on Liston.
沒錯,替我在里斯頓身上壓100塊
Joining us for a little prefight
比賽開始前要不要和我們一起
steak and cocktails at the Palm?
在棕櫚餐廳吃點牛排,喝點雞尾酒
Absolutely. Samsonite team in my office.
一定,新秀麗廣告策劃小組,到我辦公室來
Listen if it comes up with Jennifer
聽著,如果詹妮弗問起的話
I did pay for the seats.
就說這些票我是花了錢的
Can you make a dinner reservation
能幫我和斯特林先生訂個晚餐席嗎
before the bout for Mr. Sterling and me
用餐時間定在拳擊賽開始之前
anywhere but the Palm?
只要別在棕櫚餐廳就行
I don't know why everyone cares so much about it.
我不知道為什么大家都這么喜歡這比賽
If I wanted to see two negroes fight
如果我想看兩個黑人打架
I'd throw a dollar bill out my window.
我只要從窗戶扔一塊錢出去就行
I thought we were doing this at 9:00. It's 11:15.
我記得會議原定9點,現在已經11:15了
I'm late but you're not.
我遲到了,但你們沒有
Good work so far.
目前工作進展不錯
Where do you want me? Behind the desk is fine.
你們要我坐哪兒,桌子后面就行,
You're in a white studio like in some limbo.
你身在一個白色攝影棚,一種空曠的境界
There's two noname football players
有兩個無名橄欖球運動員
holding an American Tourister and a Skyway
分別拿著美國旅行者牌和航線牌的箱子
Going against Mr. Joe Namath
他們走向喬o納曼斯(橄欖球運動員)
and his defender a sexy girl
和他的后衛,一位性感女郎
holding a Samsonite and maybe a referee.
她拿著一個新秀麗包,或者她是個裁判
So we hear "Hut hut hike!" Namath fades back.
我們聽到"準備好,要開始了"納曼斯后退
"Oh no it's a blitz!"
"哦不,有偷襲"
Punch in on Namath he says something like...
鏡頭對著納曼斯,他說
"The secret to victory on the road is Samsonite.
旅途順利的秘訣就是新秀麗,
I carry it because it's tough
新秀麗,堅固牢實
And no matter what comes at me I know I'm protected."
無論發生何種險情,都時刻保障您的行李安全
As they fall
他們倒地的同時
the competitors will bust open clothing flying out.
對手的箱子會跌開,衣服都飛出來
Touchdown Samsonite!
新秀麗,完勝
"I've got it honey." "You sure do Joe."
交給我吧,親愛的,當然了,喬,
"Samsonite it's tough."
新秀麗,堅固牢實,
Endorsements are lazy
找明星代言是懶惰的方式
and I don't like Joe Namath.
我也不喜歡喬o納曼斯
He hasn't even played in a professional game yet.
他甚至還沒參加過一場像樣的比賽
He's very handsome.
但他很帥
And women don't buy suitcases.
而且女人是不會買手提箱的
Dr. Faye says they do.
菲婭博士說她們會的
Could you leave us please?
你們可以暫時回避一下嗎
Peggy I'm glad that this is an environment
佩奇,我很高興你身處這樣的工作環境中
where you feel free to fail.
覺得失敗了也沒關系
You wanted to go with Danny's idea.
是你想采用丹尼的創意
Because it works
因為這個創意會很有效
"Only Samsonite is tough."
"只有新秀麗最堅固"
It's the execution that's the problem.
問題出在創意執行上
Okay should it be funny? Actually funny?
那應該有趣一點嗎,真正的有趣嗎,
Maybe. Funny like what I just saw? No.
也許吧,像剛才那樣滑稽可不行
Hello. You remembered my birthday.
喂,你還記得我的生日,
Did you open my present?
禮物打開了嗎
I am. Hold on.
正在打開,等等(菲利普斯&奧爾森廣告公司)(佩奇o奧爾森,創意總監)
My goodness.
我的天吶
I'm finally doing what I should've done years ago.
我終于做了幾年前就應該做的事
PhillipsOlson something probably
菲利普&奧爾森,可能還會有其他合伙人
But I'll need you. I want to form an agency
但我需要你,我想成立一家
that specializes in women's products
專門做女性產品廣告的公司
with you as my creative director.
而你則是我的創意總監
I don't know what to say.
我都不知道該說什么了
But you're smiling right?
但你在笑,是吧
I have some very sort of a little under the table
我和丹碧絲公司的人進行了,(丹碧絲,衛生巾品牌)
but very highlevel talks with the people at Tampax.
非常高級別的會談,應該說是秘密會談
Peggy it's Tampax 50% market share.
佩奇,丹碧絲啊,占有50%的市場份額
I mean they're really up there.
我是說他們真的是個大客戶
Plus that queer at Belle Jolie
另外貝爾朱莉公司的那個基佬,(貝爾朱莉,唇膏品牌)
has been barking up my tree.
一直想成為我的客戶
Plus I have my European connections.
再說,我在歐洲還有廣泛的人脈
It sounds exciting.
聽起來很令人興奮
The train's leaving the station honey.
親愛的,我們蓄勢待發
Get onboard.
快加入吧
Where am I calling you?
你現在在哪兒
I'm in my office at home.
我在辦公室,不過是設在家里的
So you already told Grey?
你已經告訴精信公司你的計劃了嗎
I'm not wasting my talents over there anymore.
我不想再在那兒浪費我的才華了
Believe me it was mutual.
相信我,辭職是雙方共同的意思
Duck did you lose your job?
達克,你丟了工作嗎
Peggy this is good.
佩奇,這是好事
I'm not gonna lie.
我不想對你撒謊
I was a little inspired by what Draper did.
德雷柏的行為給了我一些啟發
Now I just need some accounts.
現在我只需要找到一些客戶
It's tough because well
這很困難,因為
It's tough to get a credit line.
貸款可不容易
So what do you have so far?
那你目前為止有多少呢
I know it's not a diamond necklace
我知道這禮物不是鉆石項鏈
but I did spend some money on those cards.
但我確實在那些名片上花了一些錢
And I appreciate the gesture.
我很感激你的邀請
It's just...
只是
I don't know whether to take this seriously
我不知道是不是應該當真
Because I suspect you've been drinking.
因為我猜你在喝酒吧
Well you're wrong.
你錯了
I heard about the clios.
我聽說了你在克里奧頒獎禮上的事
I have to see you tonight.
我今晚要見你
I have plans.
我有安排了
What with that Mark? He's another one.
什么,跟那個馬克一起嗎,你的男人還真多啊
Duck you are a valuable account man.
達克,你是一個很有價值的業務員
You have a bright future.
你前途光明
You just need to go to one of those headhunters and
你只需要到任何一家獵頭公司去,然后
I need to see you babe. Don't do that.
我想見你,寶貝,別這樣,
Peg I'm falling apart.
佩,我要崩潰了
Don't you know you're the last thing
你難道不知道這世上只有你
that made me feel good about myself?
才能讓我覺得自己還有價值嗎
Pull your hands out of your panties.
把手從你的褲子里拿出來
I can't talk right now.
我現在不方便講話
I want to see you tonight.
我今晚要見你
You been flirting in here?
你在里面"自娛自樂"嗎
I have to go.
我掛了
We're going to lunch.
我們要去吃午飯
I don't know if you could tell but he hated it.
不知道你們看出來沒,他討厭之前那個廣告
I was hating it too while we were doing it
展示的時候,其實連我自己都很討厭
But not before. I'm not gonna lie.
但之前覺得還好,我實話實說
So we're back to the drawing board. Still gotta eat.
所以我們要重新開始,但還是要吃飯
Come on it's your birthday.
來吧,今天是你的生日
We'll let you talk through lunch.
吃飯的時候你可以說說你的想法
You got a call
你上廁所時
while you were in the toilet to the direct line
有個直接打到你辦公室的電話
Stephanie from California
加利福尼亞的斯蒂芬妮
No last name. She says it's urgent.
沒留姓,她說是緊急事情
Would you like me to place the call?
要我替您回撥過去嗎
No I've got it.
不用,我知道了
Bad news. Our night is ruined.
壞消息,我們的拳擊之夜要被毀了
I took care of that.
我都安排好了
The kids are going to the Palm.
那幫家伙打算去棕櫚餐廳吃飯
We are going anywhere else.
我們,去個別的地方
Well the brotherhood of Alcoholics Anonymous
一個來自匿名戒酒者協會的人
Freddy and Cal Rutledge from Pond's
還有旁氏的弗雷迪和卡爾o拉特利奇
will be joining us for dinner and the fight
都會和我們一起吃晚餐,看比賽
which means we'll have to drink before dinner
所以如果我們真想喝酒
if we want to drink at all.
就只能在晚餐前喝了
And then there's all the talk about drinking
然后他們會一直談論喝酒的事
where they start with the funny stories
先說一些好笑的事
and they end up crying.
最后痛哭流涕
Again.
再來一杯
15 months I've been waiting for this fight.
這場比賽讓我苦等15個月,
$300.
我賭了300塊,
Liston has to lose by unconsciousness.
除非里斯頓失去意識才算是輸
Get rid of 'em. I can't.
那就避開他們,不可能,
I should work on Samsonite. That's in two weeks.
我要忙新秀麗的事,那是兩周后的,
I'm gonna be in Florida. Now this is your job too.
那時我在佛羅里達,現在這個也是你的工作
Let's go. I'm sorry. You can do that without me.
走吧,對不起,你可以一個人去,
Samsonite you can't. Are you serious?
但新秀麗沒我不行,你說真的嗎,
We can solve this problem with a flask.
我們可以輕松解決這個問題
No I wouldn't be good company anyway.
不行,反正我也不是個好陪客
That's never bothered me before.
我以前可從沒在意過
I don't know what it is
我不知道是怎么回事
But I look at the side of your neck
我看著你的脖子一側
and I wish I had one of those James Bond pens
就會希望我能有詹姆斯o邦德那樣的筆
so I could jam a dart in it.
可以在里面藏一支飛鏢
James Bond likes to travel. He goes all over the world.
詹姆斯o邦德喜歡旅游,他走遍了世界
He goes underwater. He met a girl underwater.
他到過水下,在水下邂逅一個女孩
I think this is a good place to stop.
今天就到這兒吧
See you tomorrow.
明天見
Oh great.
好吧
I don't like sitting at my desk
我不喜歡坐在我的辦公桌后
and looking into a garbage dump.
看著垃圾堆積如山
Although I am paid less I am still not a janitor.
我的工資雖不高,但也不是個清潔工
Thank you gentlemen.
謝謝了,紳士們
Doing something special for your birthday?
生日有什么特殊安排嗎
Mark is taking me to dinner
馬克要帶我去吃飯
The forum of the Twelve Caesars.
帝王酒家(位于洛克菲勒中心)
Yes.
沒錯
How old are you? 26 today.
你多大了,今天剛好26
Well you're doing all right aren't you?
正是花開堪折的時候,不是嗎
Well hello.
你好啊
Did I hear it's your birthday? It is.
今天是你的生日吧,是的,
How are you feeling?
懷孕的感覺如何
Of course my days are spent sleeping and visiting the ladies'room
雖然我整天犯困,不停跑廁所
Although it's an incredible feeling
但感覺真的很不可思議
Having this baby kick me.
感受著寶寶的胎動
Is it any different than living with Pete?
比嫁給皮特還不可思議嗎
You're witty.
你果然很逗
I always assumed that but it turns out it's true.
我一直都感覺是這樣的,原來是真的
Are you going to watch the fight?
你會去看拳賽嗎
Oh yes. I've been watching boxing since I was a little girl.
當然,我從小就看拳擊
My father loves blood sport.
我父親喜歡血腥的運動
Mr. Draper's looking for you.
德雷柏先生找你
I'm sorry. I have to go.
抱歉,我得走了
Happy birthday.
生日快樂
You know 26 is still very young.
26歲尚算風華正茂
Have fun.
祝各位盡興
I want a rare steak
我想吃牛排
and I want to see those two men pound each other.
還想看那倆男人互毆
Cynthia's at the restaurant. We should go.
辛西婭已經在餐廳了,我們該出發了
What about Jennifer?
詹妮弗呢
Oh don't go in there. Don't do it.
別進去,千萬別去
She's dead. Let's beat it before it's us.
她死定了,趁找上我們前趕緊開溜,
I was just on my way out. Did you get California?
我正準備下班,你聯系加州那邊了嗎,
Do you want me to try before I depart?
要我下班前幫你聯系下嗎
There's a time difference you know.
兩地有時差的,你知道的
I do but it goes the other way.
我知道,但這會兒那邊還早得很
Good night Mr. Draper.
晚安,德雷柏先生
Get in here.
進來
Why don't you talk to Joan and get rid of her?
為何不跟瓊說換個秘書
No Joan knew exactly what I needed
不,瓊很清楚我需要什么樣的秘書
and made sure that I got it.
也幫我請到了
So where are we on Samsonite?
新秀麗的廣告案進展如何
We'll have something to show you in the morning.
明早會向你展示我們的新成果
But the suspense is killing me.
我可等不到明早
Well I kind of was on my way out.
我正要下班走人呢
Let me just see where we are.
跟我說下進展情況就好
I guess I've got a minute.
好吧,我可以再留一會
Okay. We thought that samsonite is
好吧,我們將新秀麗比作
This very rare element this mythical substance
一種稀有元素,一種神奇的物質
The hardest on earth
世上最堅固的物質
and we see an adventurer leaping through a cave.
廣告中,一個冒險家帶著新秀麗箱包穿越洞穴
Is this a substance much like bullshit?
這算什么神奇物質,扯淡嗎
I thought we could drop one off the Eiffel Tower
我覺得我們可以將這箱子從埃菲爾鐵塔扔下
With a countdown like the moonshot
旁邊設立倒計時,就像發射月球探測器一樣
And show how it doesn't break.
讓大家看看這樣它都不會壞
But it would wouldn't it? Probably.
但它會摔壞,不是嗎,可能吧,
The government has prohibited us from doing things like that Peggy.
政府明令禁止我們制作類似廣告,佩奇
They feel that it is not in the public interest.
他們認為這有違公眾利益
We have a thing with samson
還有個關于參孫的創意, (圣經故事,大力士叁孫的力量之源在頭發上)
Because he's strong and his hair.
因為他很強壯,還有他的頭發
I gave you more responsibility
我讓你負責更多事務
and you didn't do anything?
而你就這樣一無所成
That you like. We did work... a lot.
你看不上而已,事實上我們做了很多
I don't care if you work 10 seconds
只要你們能交出讓我滿意的作品
if you bring me something I like.
就算你們一天只工作10秒鐘我也不介意
We're going to do this right now.
現在就來把這廣告案搞定
Oh I know you have plans.
我知道你另有安排
You were going to call me from a bar with an idea?
你打算找個酒吧,想到好點子再打電話給我嗎
Do you think elves do this?
你以為靈感精靈會降臨酒吧嗎
you're just gonna change it anyway.
不管我交什么,你總歸還是會改的
Excuse me?!
你說什么
This is Mark Kerney. I am so sorry.
我是馬克o肯尼,真是抱歉,
I got drawn into his web. It's gonna be a while.
我撞他槍口上了,還得耽擱一會
A while like soon or a while like I should cancel?
就耽擱一會,還是得擇日再聚
15 minutes? It shouldn't take too long.
15分鐘吧,不會太久的,
He's going to the boxing match. He's going to Maine?
他還要去看拳賽的,他要去緬因州嗎,
You can watch it on closedcircuit tv in the movie theaters.
可以上影院閉路電視看的
We got tickets.
我們公司有票
How come we didn't go?
那我們干嘛不去
Because we're having a romantic dinner for my birthday.
因為我們要為我慶生,共進晚餐
Well did you tell him that?
你跟他說了這個嗎
Look I'm the only one who can help him with this
這會兒只剩我在公司幫他
And the sooner I get off the phonethe sooner I can come.
越早掛電話,我就能越早出發
Just hurry will you?
務必盡快,好嗎
She's gonna be a few minutes late.
她會遲到幾分鐘
A surprise on top of a surprise.
真是驚喜之上更有驚喜
She works too hard.
她工作太勤力了
"The oysters of herculeswhich you with sword shall carve."
大力神牡蠣,動刀才能切開,
I saw a tray pass by. They look like hockey pucks.
我剛看到有人點的,跟冰球似的
$1.65. You should let Gerry get this.
1.65美元一份,這頓該讓格里請的,
Mom don't cut the kid off at the knees.
媽,別擾了這孩子的好意嘛
Now what if an elephant either sits on or steps on the suitcase?
讓個大象,坐在或者站在手提箱上怎樣
How about a slowmoving airplane runs it over?
讓緩慢前行的飛機碾過它怎么樣
Do you like Cassius Clay?
你喜歡卡休斯o克萊嗎
He's very handsome. I don't think so.
他很帥,我不覺得,
You're not supposed to.
你是不該覺得
I remember my mother talking about Nat King Cole in a way
還記得我媽聊起奈特o金o科爾那一臉花癡樣(奈特o金o科爾,1919-1965美國爵士樂音樂家)
That made my father throw out all his records.
惹得我爸把所有他的唱片都扔了
He's got a big mouth.
克萊是個大嘴巴,口無遮攔(指64年其成為世界重量級拳王后口出狂言,說自己最棒)
"I'm the greatest." Not if you have to say it.
"我最棒"是的話還用說嗎,
Muhammad Ali.
穆罕默德o阿里(并于第二天皈依伊斯蘭教,改名穆罕默德o阿里)
Do you like the airplane?
你喜歡飛機那創意嗎
Liston just goes about his business
里斯頓只需按照自己節奏掌握比賽
Works methodically.
有條不紊組織進攻
Clay will dance and talk
克萊喜歡耍花槍
Throw a few until he's wiped out.
抵擋一陣,然后一準落敗
A bag under an airplane looks like there's been an accident.
飛機碾過箱子,應該會出事故的吧
Three classes of suitcase
三個重量級別的手提箱
Featherweight middleweight heavyweight
輕量級,中量級,重量級
For whatever class you're in.
任選一個級別較量
But how do you do that on tv?
但在電視上要怎么表現
What's the story? You don't like it?
故事怎么展開,你不喜歡這創意,
No I love it. That's great. That's what we should do.
不,我很喜歡,非常棒,非此莫屬
Let it ring.
讓它響去
I'll say you're not here.
我會跟他說你不在的
Hello? Oh hello Roger.
你好,哦,羅杰你好
No he's not here.
不,他不在
I answer other people's phones all the time.
我一直都替別人接電話的
I'm going to count to three then I'm gonna start saying
我數到三再不讓他接電話,我就要開始
A lot of words you don't like sweetheart.
說很多不中聽的話了,親愛的
This should be good. I'm begging you
找我什么好事,我求求你,
Get down here right away.
馬上過來這里
You think I'd rather be working?
你以為我高興加班啊
Yeah I do.
我就這么想的
Did you know Freddy Rumsen collects Indian arrowheads?
你知道弗雷迪o拉姆森收集印第安人的箭頭嗎
where are you?
你在哪
There's a bar next to Keenes.
奇恩斯牛排店附近有個酒吧
I've been sneaking off to fortify myself.
我躲在這兒先喝上幾杯
Tell 'em you're sick. Go home.
告訴他們你病了就好了,回家吧
I am sick. I think I overdid it.
我本來就病了,過度勞累
And they're selfsorighteous.
戒酒會那些人一向自以為是
I never pissed my pants.
我可從未因喝酒犯過事
This guy Rutledge killed a man with a motorboat.
那個拉特利奇還駕摩托艇撞死過人
You know what gets you over something like that?
知道怎樣才能忘記這樣的慘劇嗎
Drinking.
喝酒
Still got your ticket.
你的票還在我這
It's an attractive offer.
別誘惑我
Look out your window. Can you see me?
從你窗口看過來,能看到我嗎
Good night sweetheart.
晚安,親愛的
Go ahead. I'll wait.
去接吧,我等著
Hello. 15 minutes? It's almost an hour.
你好,15分鐘?都快一小時了,
I'm so sorry. I'm gonna leave any minute.
真抱歉,我應該馬上可以走了
Did you at least have something?
你有吃點東西墊肚子嗎
You have to get down here.
你必須過來
You have to get down here right away.
必須馬上過來
I can't just leave okay?
我不能就這樣走了,好嗎
But you have to okay?
但你必須來,好嗎
You know what? Just go to my apartment and wait for me.
這樣吧,你直接去我公寓等我
We can eat there another time.
我們另約時間再去那家好了
No I don't want to do that.
不行,我不想這樣做
I'll make it worth your while. Damn it Peggy.
我保證讓你"不虛今宵"見鬼,佩奇,
I've got your whole family here for a surprise dinner okay?
我約了你全家一起聚餐給你驚喜的
And the only way you can make it worse is by not coming at all.
遲到已經夠讓人掃興的了,你還想失約
Oh Mark.
哦,馬克
I'm so sorry. I'm coming right now.
真的很抱歉,我馬上來
Thank you.
謝謝
Well so much for the surprise.
驚喜到此為止了
Okay I'm going to leave if that's all right with you.
好了,可以的話我想現在先走了
I'm not so sure about it.
我可不這么認為
I mean every time we get into this
之前討論過的每個創意
We abandon the toughness idea.
都集中在堅固耐用這一點上
Maybe there's something to the elephant.
也許可以在那個大象身上做文章
Do you want one?
想來一杯嗎
I'm sorry. Do you have someplace to be?
抱歉,你要趕著去哪里嗎
Maybe tap your foot so I get the message.
不如用腳敲敲地板,給點暗示好了
I was supposed to be at dinner an hour ago.
我一小時前就該去赴晚餐之約的
It's my birthday
今天是我生日
and I'm pretty sure I ruined everything.
而現在我毀了所有慶生活動
Why the hell didn't you tell me? I don't know.
那你干嘛不早說,我不知道,
Because I thought this would take a second.
因為我以為這很快就結束的
So now I'm supposed to feel like crap?
所以我應該感到愧疚難當嗎
Oh I'm so sick that I ruined her birthday.
噢我真變態,竟然不讓她好好過生日
Do you know when my birthday is?
你知道我哪天生日嗎
I was your secretary! Well enjoy your evening!
我當過你秘書,好好過你的生日去,
By the way you are 20something years old.
還有,你都二十好幾了
It's time to get over birthdays.
居然還這么在意生日
Go ahead. I'll do it myself.
盡管去吧,我自己來好了
Yes I'm that important.
沒錯,我貴人事多
So the fact that you're calling
你現在還打電話給我
means that you haven't left yet.
說明你還沒出發吧
I'm not gonna be able to make it at all.
我沒辦法過來了
Are you kidding me? I'm sorry
你開什么玩笑,抱歉,
But no one asked you to do this.
但誰讓你自作主張請我全家都去的
You said you never had a surprise.
你自己說你過生日從沒有過驚喜
I can't believe you.
我簡直不相信你會這么說
This is your mother speaking.
我是你媽
Hello ma.
你好,媽
I just want you to know that we're all here
我只想告訴你,我們都在這
Me Anita Gerry the roommate
我,安妮塔,格里,你室友
And we're not leaving until you march in here.
你不來我們就不走
I can't okay? Could you put Mark on the phone?
我來不了,能把電話給馬克嗎
He's crestfallen you know?
他失望極了,你知道嗎
Mrs. Olson it's okay. It's not okay.
我沒事,奧爾森女士,怎么會沒事,
Now he's making excuses for you.
他還幫你找借口
I don't know how many nice boys
我不知道你自認為
you think are lining up for you.
有多少好男人排著隊要追你
You should be grateful. Okay goodbye.
能與他在一起,你應該感到慶幸,好了,再見
Hello? I'm sorry I ruined this
喂,很抱歉我毀了你精心安排的驚喜晚餐,
And I'm sorry you had to spend the evening with my mother.
讓你和我那難纏的媽媽呆在一起,我更是愧疚難當
You know what? She's right.
你知道嗎,她說的很有道理
Really? Then why don't you date her?
是嗎,那你和她約會好了
She's never even had a job.
她連份工作都沒有過
How the hell are you mad at me?
你干嘛對我發火
Because you used my birthday to get in good
因為你利用我的生日
With a bunch of people who drive me crazy.
來討好這些我討厭的人
Should I have invited Don? You never stand him up.
我是不是該邀請唐啊,有他在你一定會來的
What's the point of doing anything nice for you?
我這么做是為了誰啊
Jesus. You even sound like my mother.
天啊,你說話都跟我媽一模一樣了
I'm already into this place for $40.
我已經在這地方花了四十塊了
If you don't mind I'm going to enjoy my dinner
你不介意的話,我要開始享用我的晚餐了
And you enjoy your work.
你好好享受你的工作吧
I think you would stay there
就知道你不會走的
You know what?
你給我聽好了
Forget it. No. What?
算了,別,說下去,
You want to do this right now?
你想現在說這個嗎
Do what? Fine.
說什么,好吧,
It's been nice knowing you. Happy birthday.
很高興與你相識一場,生日快樂
So that's it? Yup. Good night.
就這樣了,對,晚安,
Hello?
喂,
It'll be fine.
會沒事的
Couples fight. Ask Gerry.
床頭吵架床尾和,不信你問格里
What's wrong? Elevator out?
怎么,電梯壞了嗎
I think I just broke up with Mark.
馬克剛剛和我分手了
Oh. Really?
真的嗎
I think so.
應該是吧
So go home.
那回家吧
Nope. I'm ready to work.
不,我要工作
You win. Again.
你又贏了
You could've just told me it was your birthday.
你之前可以告訴我今天是你生日
Right and there'd be no repercussions.
是啊,然后你就會放我走了
So now this is my fault?
你現在把錯怪我頭上嗎
Well it's not my fault
你不用顧及麻煩的家人
you don't have a family friends or anywhere else to go.
也不用和朋友消遣應酬,這可不是我的錯
Go. Go. Run to him like in the movies.
那你去啊,像電影橋段那樣,瘋狂地跑向他
You don't have to be here. I do have to be here
你沒必要留在這,我當然有必要留在這兒,
Because of some stupid idea from Danny
因為你居然使用丹尼的可笑創意
Who you had to hire because you stole
你雇傭他,不過是因為
His other stupid idea because you were drunk.
你那天酩酊大醉,剽竊了他的另一個可笑創意
Don't get personal because you didn't do your work.
別牽扯私人恩怨,你工作沒做好才是根本原因
And by the way I know it kills you
順便告訴你,我知道對你來說很難接受
But guess what: There is no "Danny's idea."
事實就是,沒有所謂的丹尼的創意
Everything that comes in here belongs to the agency.
所有東西都屬于公司的可利用資源
You mean you.
你說的是屬于你個人吧
As long as you still work here.
沒錯,只要你還在這里工作
Is that a threat?
這是威脅嗎
Because I've already taken somebody up on one of those tonight.
因為已經有其他人向我拋出橄欖枝了
Relax. You know what?
冷靜點,你知道嗎,
Here's a blank piece of paper.
這里有張白紙
Why don't you turn that into glocoat?
你試試能不能做出彩衣地板蠟的廣告
Are you out of your mind?
你瘋了嗎
You gave me 20 ideas
你給了我二十個創意
And I picked out one of them
我挑了其中一個
That was a kernel that became that commercial.
那就是后來那個廣告的核心
So you remember. I do.
你還記得啊,是啊,
It was something about a cowboy. Congratulations.
關于一個牛仔的嘛,恭喜你
No it was something about a kid locked in a closet
不,是關于一個小孩兒被鎖在柜櫥里
Because his mother was making him wait for the floor to dry
因為他母親要等地板干了才放他出來
Which is basically the whole commercial.
基本上整個廣告就是這樣的
It's a kernel.
核心部分罷了
Which you changed just enough so that it was yours
你改動了一點讓它變成你的
I changed it into a commercial.
我把它從創意變成廣告
What are we going to shoot him in the dark in the closet?
不然你想在漆黑一片的柜櫥里拍嗎
That's the way it works.
廣告界就是這樣的
There are no credits on commercials.
優秀的作品不可能是一人之功
But you got the clio! It's your job!
但你借此拿了克里奧獎,這是你的工作,
I give you money you give me ideas.
我付你薪水,你給我創意
And you never say thank you.
但你連句謝謝都沒說
That's what the money is for!
所以我才要付你薪水
You're young. You will get your recognition.
你還年輕,你總有一天會出人頭地的
And honestly it is absolutely ridiculous
老實說,只工作了兩年
to be two years into your career and counting your ideas.
就在那里數自己的創意真的很可笑
Everything to you is an opportunity.
每件事對你來說都是鍛煉的機會
And you should be thanking me every morning when you wake up
你每天清晨醒來時,都應該感謝我
Along with jesus for giving you another day!
感謝我讓你在公司又多待了一天
Oh come on.
拜托
I'm sorry about your boyfriend okay?
你和你男朋友的事我很抱歉
May 25th. Ideas for samsonite.
5月25號,新秀麗手提箱的創意
Toughness means that
堅固意味著
Peggy get in here.
佩奇,過來
No. Come on.
不,快來,
You have to come in here right now.
現在就來
What do you want?
什么事
You have to hear this. Sit down.
來,坐,你得聽聽這個
Come on. Sit.
來啊,坐啊
So this is tape #4 of "Sterling's gold" By Roger Sterling.
這是《斯特林珍貴回憶》第四卷,作者羅杰o斯特林
So where was I?
我剛說到哪了
Bert Cooper hated me and I thought it was
伯特o庫珀討厭我,我以為原因在于
Because he thought I'd be an ally of my father
他覺得我和我父親是一伙的
But it turned out it was
但后來才知道真正的原因是
something to do with my joie de vivre
他不爽我的人生樂趣
My romantic prowess
我的風流韻事
See tape #3
詳情見第三卷
Including some time with the queen of perversions
包括和那個變態女人的一段孽情
His secretary ida blankenship.
他的秘書艾達o布蘭肯希普
You know what? Don't use her name.
算了,不要用她的真名
But it was all about him hating my very youth
反正都是因為他嫉妒我的年輕
All because the poor guy had been cut down
因為這個可憐的男人
In the height of his sexual prime
在性欲旺盛的年紀
By an unnecessary orchiectomy.
做了毫無必要的睪丸切除術
Lyle evans M.D.
萊爾o埃文斯醫生
I think he had him killed.
我估計他已經找人干掉他了
Anyway sometime in the summer of '48
不過,1948年夏天的某個時候
No 1932
不對,是1932年
No 1939.
不不,1939年
Why are you laughing?
你笑什么
It's like reading someone's diary.
這和偷窺別人日記有什么區別
Come on. Ida was a hellcat?
拜托,艾達年輕時候是個潑婦
Cooper lost his balls?
庫珀的蛋蛋沒了
Roger's writing a book?
羅杰在寫書
I should go.
我該走了
Stay and visit. I've got nothing to say.
陪我一會兒,我沒什么想說的,
Sure you do. No it's personal.
肯定有,沒有,只有私事,
We have personal conversations.
我們就是在談私事
No we don't and I think you like it that way.
不是吧,我覺得你不喜歡談私事
I know I do.
盡管我很喜歡
Suit yourself.
隨你吧
We're supposed to be staring at each other
我們本該享用二人燭光晚餐的
Over candlelight and he invites my mother?
結果他居然邀請我母親來
He doesn't know me.
他不了解我
It's not my fault.
這不是我的錯
I guess I'm back to square one.
我又回到起點了
Single.
單身
Well as Danny would say
用丹尼的話說就是
There's no use crying over fish in the sea.
天涯何處無芳草
Mouse!
老鼠
Over there!
在那里
What are you doing? Get the suitcase.
你在干嘛,拿手提箱,
Why? I'm gonna seal it up in my nice samsonite
為什么,我要把它關在里面,
And throw it off the roof. Don't.
然后扔到房頂上,別,
Come on. Every idea you have is some version of that.
拜托,你腦海中想到的滅鼠方法也和這差不多吧
Let's do it. Where'd you go Mickey?
那就做吧,你跑哪去了,米奇
I think it's a rat. It's a mouse.
那可不是米奇鼠,是只田鼠,不,家鼠而已,
I grew up on a farm.
我可是在農場長大的
You know what?
你知道嗎
There's a way out of this room we don't know about.
這房間肯定有老鼠洞通向外面,只是我們不知道罷了
Are you okay?
你還好吧
I think that's yours.
應該是找你的吧
It's probably Mark. I don't want to answer it.
可能是馬克,我不想接
It's still your birthday.
午夜之前仍然算是你的生日
Let me get you dinner.
我請你吃晚餐吧
What's the most exciting thing about a suitcase?
看到手提箱,你能想到最開心的事是什么
Going somewhere.
去某個地方旅行
The acropolis.
雅典衛城就不錯
I'd like to go to Greece.
我也想去希臘
I heard all the good cooks stayed there.
我聽說那里有很多一流的廚師
I'd like to just go on a plane. I've never been.
我就想隨便上一架飛機,去一個陌生的地方
Is that right? I've heard about it obviously.
真的嗎,我聽說有人這樣做,
I've seen it in the movies.
電影里也有過
It's an incredible idea flying.
在天空飛翔,簡直不可思議
I remember on the way to korea
我還記得我去韓國的時候
They told us how many thousand feet in the air we were.
他們告訴我們現在的高度
There was some other kid there
我旁邊有一個孩子
More of a yokel than me even
比我還土的鄉巴佬
And he screamed "Man wasn't meant to fly!"
他聽完大喊,人怎么可以飛呢
Cooper has no testicles?
庫珀沒有睪丸嗎
I don't want water.
我可不想喝水
My uncle Max said he had a suitcase
我叔叔馬克思說他有個手提箱
That was always packed.
里面東西都打包整齊了
He said "A man has to be ready to go at any moment."
他總是說,男人要做好隨時出發的準備
Jesus. Maybe it's a metaphor.
沒準兒他想隱喻什么
There's something to that idea.
這個想法上可以做點文章
I don't know.
我不知道
I can't tell the difference anymore
我現在分不出
Between something that's good and something that's awful.
創意的好與壞
Well they're very close.
好與壞只有一線之隔
But the best idea always wins
但最終勝出的只會是好的創意
And you'll know it when you see it.
時機一到,便水到渠成了
Keep banging your head against the wall
好好開動你的腦筋
Then it happens.
就能想出好的點子
And then it's done.
然后就能做出好的廣告
Yes ma'am.
沒錯
Not like everything else in my life.
不像我生活當中的其他事情
I mean I know what I'm supposed to want
我知道我不應該奢求太多
But it just never feels right...
但我總覺得不對勁
Or as import as anything in that office.
常常懷疑自己在公司的存在價值
I didn't know you were in Korea. Very briefly.
我還不知道你去過朝鮮,我沒呆多久,
Did you shoot anybody?
你殺過人嗎
Nope. I saw some people get killed.
沒,我倒是看到過別人被殺
That's memorable.
真是難以忘懷的經歷
My father died right in front of me
我曾經親眼見到過我父親的死亡
Heart attack. I was 12.
死于心臟病,當時我才12歲
I'm sorry to hear that. It was pretty violent.
真不幸,真是太恐怖了,
The TV was on.
他死的時候電視還開著
That's why I hate sports.
從那以后,我再也不看體育節目了
Nobody was around
當時家里沒人
Saturday afternoon. My mother was shopping.
那天是周六下午,我母親去購物了
I saw my father die too.
我也親眼看到我父親死在我面前
He was kicked by a horse.
他是被馬踢死的
You're kidding.
你在逗我
What about your mother? I never knew her.
你母親呢,我不知道我母親是誰,
Why is there a dog in the Parthenon?
看這畫像,帕臺農神殿里怎么會有一只狗呢
That is a roach. Let's go someplace darker.
那是蟑螂趴在畫上,我們去個低調點的地方
I hate dating. I'm terrible at it.
我不喜歡約會,我總是把約會給搞砸了
You'll find someone.
你會找到一個好男人的
You know you're cute as hell.
你要知道你多么可愛
Men don't exactly stop and stare in the streets.
可我在大街上,從來沒有男人停下來對我注視
Do you want that?
你希望那樣嗎
That's not what you were supposed to say.
你可不該說這種話
What do you care what I think?
我怎么想關你什么事
Well everybody thinks
大家都認為
I slept with you to get the job.
我是和你上床才得到這份工作的
They joke about it
他們以此取笑我
Like it's so funny
似乎這可笑極了
Because the possibility was so remote.
因為你居然會看上我
It's not because you aren't attractive.
這并不是因為你沒有魅力
I have to keep rules about work.
而是我在工作上要堅守自己的原則
I have to.
我必須這么做
You're an attractive girl Peggy.
佩奇,你是個很有魅力的女人
Not as attractive as some of your other secretaries i guess.
但還沒有你其他那些秘書有魅力,對吧
You don't want to start giving me morality lessons do you?
你不是要對我進行品行教育吧
People do things right?
人非圣賢,孰能無過
My mother thinks you were responsible
我母親覺得,是你搞大了我的肚子
Because you were the only person who visited me in the hospital.
因為我住院期間,只有你去看了我
Jesus. Really?
天吶,真的嗎
She hates you.
她很討厭你
Do you know who it was?
那你知道孩子的父親是誰嗎
Of course I do.
我當然知道了
Do you ever think about it?
那你有考慮過這件事情嗎
I try not to...
我嘗試著忘記它
But then it comes up out of nowhere.
但卻總在我的腦海不經意地出現
Playgrounds.
揮之不去
Get up!
站起來
Get up!
站起來呀
Come on! Get up! Get up!
加油,站起來,站起來啊,
Come on get up! get up.
挺住啊,站起來,站起來,
Come on. Come on get up!
挺住,加油,站起來,
Get up! Get up!
站起來,站起來啊
Come on get up! Come on get up!
給我挺住,站起來,加油,站起來啊,
Get up! Get up bum!
站起來,站起來,該死的
Come on. It's a fix.
得了吧,他們在打假拳,
The fix is in. What happened?
這都是事先安排好的,怎么了,
It's over. Already? Who won?
比賽結束了,這么快,誰贏了,
Clay. Don't believe that for a second.
克萊,別相信這個結果,
No one goes down like that.
怎么可能有人這么不經打
That's what the man just said.
剛才那個解說員也是這么說的
Some fight. I lost 100 bucks in two minutes.
這么爛的比賽,讓我兩分鐘內就輸了100塊
Let's go back pack up and go home.
我們回公司吧,整理一下準備回家了
That elevator's like a rocket.
電梯上升的感覺跟乘火箭一樣
I think I'm gonna be sick.
我先去吐一下
Are you okay?
你還好嗎
Do you want any water?
要不要我幫你拿點水
what?
什么
I have toothpaste and a toothbrush in my desk.
我桌上還有牙膏和牙刷
Peggy?
佩奇
Peggy. I'll be right back.
佩奇,我去去就來,
Peggy?
佩奇
Duck?
達克
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Leaving Draper a little present.
我要給德雷柏留個禮物
Don't! That's disgusting.
別這樣,你真惡心
Would you let me concentrate?
我正在努力,別打擾我
This is Roger's office.
這是羅杰的辦公室
Now come on. Pull up your pants.
快點,把你的褲子穿上
I'm not going anywhere without you.
要是你不跟我走的話,我就賴在這了
Baby. Baby I need you so bad.
親愛的,我真的非常非常需要你
You wouldn't answer your phone
你不接我的電話
And your roommate said you were still at work.
你的室友說你還在公司工作
Why didn't you answer the phone peewee?
佩奇,你怎么就不肯接電話呢
What's going on?
這是怎么回事
Just go lay down.
你快去躺一會兒吧
You don't belong in here.
你不該來這里的
So Peggy I see you're not alone.
哦,佩奇,原來你還有個伴兒啊
I guess when screwing me couldn't get you anything
你和我上床沒撈到什么好處
You had to go back to draper.
只好又重回德雷柏的懷抱了吧
Duck let's go. No.
達克,我們走吧,不,
That's right. We were in love.
沒錯,我們陷入愛河了
Turns out she's just another whore.
結果卻發現,她不過也是一個臭婊子
Jesus! Would you stop?!
天吶,快住手
Stop it! You're both drunk!
住手,你們都喝多了
You know I killed 17 men at Okinawa.
你要知道,我在沖繩殺過17個人
Back off
放開我
What the hell is wrong with you?
你他媽的在干什么
You still think you're better than me?
你還認為你比我強嗎
Come on Peggy. Let's go.
過來,佩奇,我們走
I got rid of him. Are you okay?
我把他弄走了,你沒事吧
Yeah.
沒事
Are you?
你呢
I uhI never thought
我,我從來沒想過
I'm so sorry. I
我很抱歉,我
You know what? I don't know why I was with him.
知道嗎,我不知道我為什么和他在一起
It was a confusing time. Stop.
那個時候我很混亂,別說了,
You don't have to explain.
你不用解釋
Can you get me a drink?
能給我倒杯酒嗎
How long are you gonna go on like this?
你還準備這樣子多久
I have to make a phone call
我必須打個電話
And I know it's going to be bad okay?
而且我知道肯定是噩耗,明白嗎
Do you want to be alone?
需要我回避嗎
Just make me a drink.
給我倒杯酒就行了
Sorry if I embarrassed you.
很抱歉讓你難堪了
Hello. It's me.
喂,是我,
She's gone.
她走了
I know.
我知道
She wanted you to know.
她想讓你知道
I'm sorry I didn't call. I was
對不起我沒有打電話過來,我只是
Did she want to talk to me?
她臨走前有話想跟我說嗎
You know she wasn't really there.
當時,她的神志已經不清醒了
I'm coming out.
我會盡快趕過來的
I'll make the arrangements.
處理好她的身后事
No need. She left her body to science.
不需要了,她把遺體捐獻給科學研究了
She said that she wanted to go to
她說她希望不用交學費就可以進
U.C.L.A. Medical school tuitionfree.
加州大學洛杉磯分校醫學院
Of course she did.
是的,她做到了
I'm coming out. I'll take care of the house.
我會過去的,把她的房子處理一下
I'd like to stay here if that's okay with you
如果你不介意,我想繼續呆在這
Take some time off from school.
我從學校請了幾天假
Of course. That's fine.
沒問題,這很好
She's in a better place.
她去了更好的地方
That's what they say.
據說是這樣的
It's late and it's been a long day.
這邊已經很晚了,而且我很累了
Okay.
好的
Goodbye. Goodbye.
再見,再見,
Stephanie.
斯蒂芬妮
What happened?
發生什么事了
Somebody very important to me died.
一個對我很重要的人去世了
Who?
誰?
The only person in the world who really knew me.
這個世界上唯一真正懂我的人
That's not true.
不是這樣的
You should go home.
回家吧
You can come in late.
你可以晚點再過來
I'll be fine.
我會沒事的
I'm so sorry.
我很遺憾
Good night.
晚安
Drop and give me 20.
起來,做20個俯臥撐
You asshole.
你個混蛋
Get to work. It's 10:30 maggot.
該工作了,懶鬼,已經十點半了
Oh. Did you spend the night here?
噢,你在這過夜的嗎,
Yeah. See the fight?
是的,有沒有看拳擊比賽,
No.
沒有
90 seconds of boxing and three hours of analysis.
一分半鐘的比賽解說了三個小時,
And we still don't know who won.
結果我們還不知道誰贏了
Clay won.
克萊贏了
Read the paper.
看看報紙就知道了
Come in.
進來
You look fresh. Did you go home?
你看起來精神飽滿,你回家了嗎
I spruced up. Come over here.
我打扮整理了一下,到這兒來
Look at this.
看看這個
I think you have to know the photo.
我覺得只有看過照片的人才會懂這廣告的意思
It's on the front page of every paper.
每張報紙的頭版都是這張照片
It's historic.
這是歷史性的事件
How do we know it's the Tourister that got knocked out?
人們怎么知道,被打倒的是旅行者牌的箱子呢
Because the slogan will say so.
廣告語會這么說的
How do you put it on TV? Are they animated?
這個怎么做成電視廣告,用動畫的形式嗎
Why are you shitting on this?
你為什么一直對它挑刺
I'm tired.
我很累了
It's good.
這個創意很棒
It's very good.
真的非常棒
Give it to Joey no Stan
拿去給喬伊,不,給斯坦
Then go home shower
然后回家,洗個澡
Then come back and give me 10 tag lines.
回來以后給我10條廣告語
Okay.
沒問題
Open or closed?
門開著還是關著
Open.
開著吧