I'm interested in today. That was Friday.
我就想今天要,從周五一直忍到現在
Look I'll clear lunch plus one hour
我不吃午餐,又可以多出一小時
And we'll grab a sandwich and discuss this face to face.
我們隨便吃點三明治,然后再當面討論這個問題
I'm hanging up.
就這樣吧,我掛了
Is it broken?
壞了嗎
The lamp?
你是說燈還是...
What are you doing all the way over there?
你躲那邊去干什么
It's too hot.
你身上太熱了
Would you settle for a leg?
可以把腿架在你身上嗎
I'd be grateful.
樂意之至
It's cold
好涼啊
And soft.
還很柔滑
I'm the softest.
我是最柔滑的
So which one of us is gonna look at the clock first?
我們都不打算看下時間嗎
I caught it when I was picking up the lamp.
剛才撿燈的時候順便看了
I'm already late.
我已經遲了
For what?
什么遲了
Secor laxatives.
賽可通便劑的會議
Did I spoil the mood?
我破壞氣氛了嗎
What do you have to do?
你一會要干嘛
I have a 4:00 at Erwin Wasey.
我四點要去厄文衛西廣告公司
Doing what?
去干嘛
I can't tell you that Mr. Bond.
這可不能告訴你,小特務
I told you.
我把我的安排告訴你了
What are you working on over there?
你去那邊做什么
I don't tell'em what I'm doing for you.
我也沒把在你們公司的工作內容告訴他們
You're not lying in bed with them right now either.
但你也沒和他們上床
Do you know what a Chinese wall is?
你難道不知道保密協定嗎
I really should go.
我該走了
Can I get in the bathroom first?
可以讓我先用衛生間嗎
Just take your time.
當然可以,慢慢來
Let yourself out.
恕不相送
Lock the door behind you as a courtesy.
記得鎖門
You wanna leave me here?
你打算把我一個人留在這嗎
You sure?
你確定
I'm taking everything interesting with me.
反正你只對我這個人有興趣
I don't understand.
我不明白
Do you honestly think my book isn't better than Ogilvy's?
你真覺得奧格威的書比我好嗎, (大衛o奧格威,奧美廣告公司創始人,著有《一個廣告人的自白》)
Mine's got a story.
我的故事很精彩
It's got mystery intrigue romance.
秘密,陰謀和愛情貫穿其中
I tell you what else it's got.
我想想還有什么
It's got examples of how to sell things.
對了,還有具體案例,教你如何推銷東西
Hold on.
稍等
I'm on the phone.
我在接電話呢
It's Mrs. Sterling.
是您夫人的電話
She's leaving for the weekend.
她現在就出發去周末度假地
It's only Wednesday. They have phones in Southampton.
今天才周三,而且南安普頓也能打電話
Ira I don't want to sound ungrateful. I just think...
艾拉,不是我不領情,只是...
Hello? Hello?
喂,喂
Shit.
媽的
Come in.
進來
These need signatures not initials.
這些要簽全名,首字母縮寫可不行
Caroline said you refused?
卡羅琳說你不接夫人的電話
It's just so much more work.
我只是太忙了
I was just giving her a hard time.
我最近不太想搭理她
Can I interest you in the same?
你最近是不是也被冷落了
And I'm supposed to tell you in person
普萊斯先生讓我私下轉告你
That Mr. Pryce will be taking off
八月底他的兒子要過來
the last two weeks of August for his son's visit.
所以他要請兩個星期的假
You had to tell me that in person?
這還用你私下告訴我
So depressing. He doesn't want a memo circulating.
真可悲,他不想讓其他人知道,
He's afraid people will stop working.
以免他們因此懈怠工作
What are you doing in August?
你八月份有何安排
I'm not sure.
還不知道
Well what are you doing this afternoon?
那今天下午呢
The same thing I do every afternoon... working...
一如往常般工作
Which is what I'm trying to do right now.
就比如此刻,我也在做著自己的工作
It's not cute.
那個簽名真難看
Joanie.
小瓊
Jesus. I'm sorry.
對不起,我錯了
What did you say to her?
你跟她說什么了
What does that have to do with you?
關你什么事
Her husband got called up.
她老公被征召了
He's going to Vietnam right after basic.
集訓之后就要被派去越南
Vietnam.
越南
That's not good.
那可不是什么好事
It's okay. We've all been walking on eggshells.
也沒什么,如今的格局,活在哪兒都提心吊膽的
Good afternoon all.
下午好
I know you don't like to be
我知道你不喜歡
bombarded the moment you walk in
一進門就湮沒在沒完沒了的公事里
but Fillmore and secor are both coming in tomorrow.
但菲爾莫爾和賽可的人下午都要來
I can't move forward with either until you sign off
這些都是我犧牲午餐時間完成的,你必須簽字
On what I worked through lunch to finish.
否則我就沒法繼續下去
I'm sorry. I had a long lunch went for a swim.
抱歉,我午餐時間久了點,我去游泳了
Come back in an hour. I'm taking a nap.
我先睡會兒,一個小時之后來找我
It's a business of sadists and masochists
一個施虐狂,一個受虐狂
And you know which one you are.
你知道你是哪一個吧
Peggy your boyfriend's here.
佩奇,你男朋友來了
Satisfaction guaranteed.
這樣你滿意了嗎
Why are you here? Thought we could get a drink
你來做什么,晚上一起喝一杯吧,
Shoot the bull. Sure.
聊聊天,好啊,
What time? Where?
幾點,去哪
7:00 P.J. Clarke's.
七點,克拉克酒館,
I'll meet you in the lobby.
到時候大廳見
Ooh down below.
乖乖,下面幽會啊(雙關)
Give it a break jughead.
省省吧,笨蛋
Oh I'm not shocked by your lesbian hijinks.
其實女同也沒什么
I just hope you know
但我希望你們明白
you can never do what a man can do.
男人的某些"職責"女人永遠無法替代
That's true.
那倒是
Bad news. Don showed up. We're on at 4:00.
壞消息,唐回來了,我們四點開工
How was your siesta? Are you refreshed?
睡得怎么樣,精力恢復了嗎
Yes. Dr. Miller returned your call.
嗯,米勒博士給你回電話了,
She said not to wake you
她說不要叫醒你
And you needn't return.
也不用給她回電話
But she got the message and you're gonna have to wait.
但她收到你的留言了,你得等等
Thank you. Are you going to the toilet?
謝謝,你要去廁所嗎,
I have to hire more copywriters
我不得不多雇些文案
But these men come in and I know
但這些人來了之后我發現
The better they are the more my job is in danger.
他們能力越強,我的飯碗就越不保
Oh my.
天,
Look who's here Abe.
看看誰來了,艾博,
Peggy I don't know if you
佩奇,還記得嗎,這是上次
remember Abe Drexler from Kellogg's loft party.
在凱洛格的派對上見過的艾博o德克斯勒
Hi I'm Peggy. I remember.
你好,我叫佩奇,我記得,
Abe you want to join us for a drink?
你想和我們一起喝一杯嗎
Yes please do.
來吧
Oh stay. I'll just stand here.
沒關系,我站著就行
Can I get a Johnny Walker with ice?
給我一杯威士忌加冰
Ah he didn't hear me.
酒保好像沒聽見
You know what? I'm gonna go play darts.
我去玩會兒飛鏢
Take my seat. Are you sure?
你坐我這吧,真的嗎,
Pay for that. See you kids later.
當然了,一會兒見
I'm sorry. She's...
抱歉,她總是
Always so damn selfamused.
喜歡自娛自樂
What are you talking about?
什么意思
I was gonna stop by your office
我本來想去你們公司轉轉
but I didn't want to get you in trouble.
但不想給你惹麻煩
Then I thought about finding out where you live but that's weird.
然后就想去你家找你,但那樣會很怪
So anyway
所以
It's nice running into you.
很高興在這碰到你
I don't know what to say.
我都不知道說什么好了
That's very flattering.
真是受寵若驚
Well that's how I meant it.
恰好如我所愿
Johnny Walker. Rocks.
威士忌加冰
The bartender here listens to me.
這下他可以聽到了
May I help you? Are you Joan Harris?
有何貴干,你是瓊o哈里斯嗎,
I am. We're from madam Inga's.
正是,我們是女子美容院的,
You are to receive massage manicure and pedicure.
我們是來為您提供按摩和修甲服務的
Can we? I didn't order this.
我們能進來嗎,我沒有預定這些服務,
It's a gift from a friend tip included.
這是您的朋友送給您的禮物,小費已經付過了
What friend? I'm not allowed to say this.
哪個朋友,這個我們必須保密,
In Greece right now? Make no mistake
當今希臘政局風云變幻,相信我
That's a revolution.
這是一場大革命
We are a hair away from everything falling apart in every society.
我們的社會正瀕臨崩潰瓦解的邊緣
It's so tenuous.
簡直不堪一擊
All these corporations just throw their money at everyone
所有的企業都把錢財投向人民
to keep the status quo intact
來維持現狀的安穩
'cause the people outnumber them.
因為人民群眾猶如汪洋大海,
But in the blink of an eye they could overturn everything.
轉瞬間,他們就能使一切天翻地覆
It's an illusion that America's so organized
雖然當今美國一切看上去井然有序
That it could never happen over here.
似乎不會發生這樣的事,但那只是假象
Are you from Brooklyn? I am.
你是布魯克林區人嗎,是的,
Me too. I don't hear it.
我也是,我聽你的口音不像,
One more drink and it'll come out.
再多喝一杯,我的口音就原形畢露了
Okay.
好吧
What am I talking to you about corporations for?
我居然跟你談企業,真是多費唇舌
You must deal with them all the time. I guess.
你肯定成天和企業打交道,是的,
Vick chemical American tobacco
維克化工,美國煙草
But most of them are family businesses...
但大部分都是家族企業
Samsonite Fillmore auto parts
新秀麗,菲爾莫爾汽車零部件公司
Sugarberry...
舒格伯利火腿...
Fillmore auto parts is worse than a corporation
菲爾莫爾根本算不上什么企業
What with the boycott and all. What boycott?
他們遭到了強烈的抵制,什么抵制,
The Southern stores won't hire Negroes.
他們在南方的分店不肯雇傭黑人
Says who?
誰說的
It was in "The Voice." It was in a couple of places.
《時訊之聲》上說的,四處都在流傳
I don't think that's true. I would've heard that.
我覺得這只是謠言罷了,不然我肯定會知道的
It is true.
這是千真萬確的
That doesn't seem like them.
這不像他們的所作所為
I'm sure they're perfectly nice for racists you know.
我很確定他們對種族主義者持親善態度
And obviously your company has an investment in looking the other way.
而且你們公司礙于合作關系,肯定不會在意這些
Well it's a complicated idea.
老實說,情況本身就很復雜
But in advertising
但是在廣告業
we don't really judge people.
我們不會去評判別人
We try and help them out of these situations.
我們只會幫助他們解決問題
Certainly we would try and stop this.
當然我們也會盡量避免這種情況的發生
If it's true it's not good for their business.
如果這是真的話,對他們的生意發展將十分不利
Jesus I don't even know where to start.
天啊,我都不知說什么好了
You would've done a campaign for Goldwater?
你難道替戈德華做過競選策劃嗎
You kidding? That would've been spectacular.
開什么玩笑,真那樣的話簡直太棒了
Did you vote for him? Of course not.
你投票給他了嗎,當然沒有,
Civil rights isn't a situation to be fixed with some P.R. Campaign.
民權可不是靠一些公關活動就能得到維護的
It's an inequality that the world has its eyes on.
全世界都可以見證美國公民權利的不平等
I know.
我知道
But I have to say
但是我不得不說
most of the things Negroes can't do
很多黑人無法享受到的權利
I can't do either
我也享受不到
and nobody seems to care.
但卻沒有人在意這個
What are you talking about?
你在說什么呢
Half of the meetings take place over golf tennis in a bunch of clubs
半數的會議都在是一些高級俱樂部召開的
where I'm not allowed to be a member
那種地方根本不吸納女性會員
or even enter.
甚至規定女性不得入內
The university club said the only way I could eat dinner there
校友俱樂部甚至聲明,如果我要進去享用晚餐
was if I arrived in a cake.
唯一的辦法就是藏在蛋糕里面進去
There's no Negro copywriters you know.
但是你要知道現在還沒有黑人廣告文案
I'm sure they could fight their way in like I did.
我相信如果他們像我一樣奮斗也能爭取到
Believe me nobody wanted me there.
相信我,公司所有人都希望把我排擠出去
All right Peggy.
好了,佩奇
We'll have a civil rights march for women.
我們將為女權而斗爭
I have a really early day.
我今天勞碌一整天了
It was nice to see you.
很開心見到你
Wait. Hey hey hey. I'm just saying
等等,嘿,我只是說
they're not shooting women to keep'em from voting.
他們不會為了阻止女性投票而將她們射殺
That's all.
僅此而已
Oh Jesus. I'm really sorry.
天吶,我真的很抱歉
I'm much better on paper.
我比較擅長用文字來表達我的想法
You're opinionated and you're criticizing me.
你固執己見,而且你一直在指責我
That's not what I'm doing. This is discourse.
我沒有啊,我只是在表達看法
I knew I shouldn't have let Joyce leave.
我就知道不該讓喬伊斯走開的
Have a good night.
玩得愉快
A threeletter word for a flightless bird.
不能飛的鳥,打三個字母構成的詞
Emu.
食火鳥
Nope. It starts with an "L."
不是,是"L"開頭的
The hell it does.
管它什么鬼東西
Good morning Mr. Draper.
早上好,德雷柏先生
Could I get some coffee?
給我泡杯咖啡
And let me know when Dr. Miller arrives.
米勒博士來了的話,通知我一下
It's hard... the way she breezes past me.
恐怕很難辦到,她總是悄無聲息地從我身邊走過
She's pushy that one.
她有一股沖勁兒
I guess that's what it takes.
我猜那也是職場女強人所必須的
Morning. Good morning.
早上好,早上好,
And thank you. For what?
謝謝你,謝我什么,
That was very thoughtful.
你的禮物十分體貼
I knew I was rubbing you the wrong way
我知道我的話讓你不舒服了
So I thought why not have someone rub you the right way?
所以我想,應該找人讓你舒服一下
I brought you bear claws.
我給你帶了點熊爪糕
Caroline won't let me have one
卡羅琳不會讓我吃的
unless it's on the end of a real bear.
除非那是真的熊掌
Well anyway. Joanie.
那就這樣吧,瓊妮,
It'll be okay. People love to say that.
一切都會好的,人們都愛說這句話,
Look I know you're having a tough run.
聽著,我知道你正經歷艱難時期
Let me get you a meal Hmm?
讓我請你吃頓飯,怎么樣
Take your mind off things?
讓你忘掉不開心的事
Of course.
當然可以
I forgot for a second
我一時間忘記了
that you're incapable of doing something nice
你若對人投之以桃
without expecting something nicer in return.
必會讓人報之以李
I didn't mean anything by it.
我可沒這個意思
Honest.
真的沒有
Just thought you could use a night out.
我只是覺得你應該出去輕松一晚
Thank you. I'm fine. Good.
謝謝,我很好,那就好,
What are you doing here? I wrote something.
你來這兒干什么,我寫了些東西,
I kind of wrote it for you.
是特意為你寫的
I would love it if you read it.
希望你能好好看看
"Nuremberg on Madison Avenue"?
《對麥迪遜大道的紐倫堡審判》
What is this? It's what I was trying to say last night
這是什么,這是我昨天晚上想說的東西,
but without I don't know my abrasive tone.
但語氣可不像昨晚那般咄咄逼人
Read it. Right now in front of you?
看看吧,立刻當著你的面看嗎,
Nah. Take your time. I'll wait over here.
不用,你慢慢看吧,我就在這兒等著
I have a lot to do.
我有很多事情要做
I came all the way up here. I want to know what you think okay?
我大老遠地跑來,就是想知道你是怎么想的
These domesticated suburbanites
那些過慣了安逸生活的居民
still have a primitive desire to get their hands dirty.
依然有著自己動手的原始欲望
But they have become so removed from nature that they can't.
但長期的現代化生活讓他們的動手能力嚴重退化
They don't know how to hunt or swing a hammer
他們不知道如何狩獵,如何使用錘子
Or fix their cars.
或者修理他們的汽車
You mean like these two.
你是說像他倆這樣嗎
Actually no. I'm from Vermont
事實上,我會的,我來自佛特蒙州
And Don's a competitive fly fisherman.
而唐是個垂釣高手
What our findings show
我們的調查顯示
is that this demographic will spend a good amount of money
這些人將會愿意花費相當數目的錢
for the satisfaction of being useful with their hands.
去獲得一種"自己動手,豐衣足食"的滿足感
Ladies love a man who's good with his hands.
女人都喜歡動手能力強的男人
You think a mechanic comes in
你覺得一個專業修理工走進店里
and sees these jokers looking at fan belts
看到那些外行對著風扇皮帶無從下手
he's gonna stick around?
他還會留下嗎
No offense. What's the difference?
無意冒犯,那又怎么樣,
Our inventory's the same.
我們提供的配件是一樣的
I think if they see a coat and tie on aisle 4
他們要是看見那些上流人士也出現在汽修店
they'll think our prices went up.
還以為我們開始走高端路線了呢
I know I would.
我肯定會這么想的
Listen salt of the earth
聽著,精英先生
we need more than mechanics to survive.
企業僅靠專業修理工根本無法生存
You ever hear of Sears?
你聽說過西爾斯公司嗎,(推行貨到付款的零售公司,將貨物送到交通不便的居民家中)
They'll kill us.
他們會打垮我們的
We agreed we all had to agree.
大勢所趨,無能為力
Don't we have enough problems with the boycott?
抵制事件對公司造成的惡劣影響還不夠嗎
Look I don't want to get involved in a family squabble
聽著,我無意干預你們的內部分歧
but I can't move forward until you agree on a strategy.
但如果你們無法達成一致,廣告創作也進行不下去
What if there were a way to market to both groups?
如果能想出兼顧雙方市場的廣告策略呢
"Fillmore auto parts.
"菲爾莫爾汽車零部件.
Where the pros go and everyone's welcome."
專業技工的天地和普通人的舞臺"
It's a little corny. It's great and you know it.
這有些過時,這很棒,你很清楚這點,
That's not a strategy. That's two strategies
這不是一個廣告策略,而是兩個
Connected by the word "And."
中間用"和"連接
I can do "Where the pros go"
我可以做到"專業技工的天地"
Or I can do "Everyone's welcome"
也可以做到"普通人的舞臺"
But not both. Sure you can.
但我無法二者兼顧,你當然可以,
Someone has to make a decision.
總得有人拿主意吧
There are three of you. Vote.
你們正好有三個人,投票決定吧
Sean what do you think?
肖恩,你覺得呢
I dddd...
我,不,不,不
Ddddon't know.
不,不知道
What?
什么
You'll have to excuse me for a moment.
抱歉失陪一下
Continue please.
請繼續
Why dddo we
我們為,為,為什么
have to ccconvince him?
非要說,說,說服他
What are you doing here?
你來這兒干什么
I wanted to see you.
我想見你
I am so sorry. Who are you?
不好意思,你是誰
My name is Vivian Winters.
我叫薇薇安o溫特斯
And I'm going to assume you're her father
我姑且認為你就是她父親
since that's what she's led me to believe.
至少她是這么跟我說的
Don. What exactly is going on?
我叫唐,到底是怎么回事
I found her on the train between carriages
我是在車廂連接處發現她的
trying to avoid the conductor.
她正試圖逃票
I didn't have enough money.
我的錢不夠
Megan could you take her to my office?
梅根,帶她去我辦公室
Go.
快去
Thank you.
感激不盡
Can I pay you for the ticket and your time?
可否讓我略微補償您一下
You're just very lucky I ran into her
你應該慶幸是我發現了她
before someone else did.
而不是其他人
The types on that train? Someone should keep track of her.
車上壞人太多,得有人看著她
You're right. I didn't know.
你說得對,我沒意識到
Men never know what's going on.
男人們總是粗心大意
I offered you money and I said thank you.
我想以金錢補償你,而且我說了謝謝
She looks so chubby in the pictures.
她在照片里看起來有點嬰兒肥
Get her mother on the phone now.
接通她媽媽的電話
What do you think you're doing?
你知道自己在做什么嗎
I wanted to see you and I didn't want to wait till weekends.
我想見你,而且我不想等到周末
Well you can't do this. This is very serious.
你不能這么做,這事很嚴重
Mrs. Francis on the line.
接通弗朗西斯太太了
Guess who's sitting on my couch right now.
猜猜看現在誰坐在我沙發上
What are you talking about?
你在說什么呢
I'm talking about a stranger bringing Sally to my office
我在說一個陌生人把薩麗帶到我辦公室
because she got on the train with no money.
因為她身無分文地上了火車
You're kidding.
你開玩笑吧
Carla was supposed to pick her up after the doctor.
卡拉應該等她看完醫生以后就去接她的
How the hell did this happen?
怎么會發生這樣的事
Dr. Keener thought
肯納醫生認為
it would be good for her to walk from camp to her appointment by herself
讓她一個人獨立來去比較好
Great idea. Thank you psychiatry.
真是好主意,感謝你安排的心理治療
Don't yell at me. She needs to learn responsibility.
別對我大吼大叫,她需要學會承擔責任
You need to learn responsibility.
你才應該學會承擔責任
Now come get her. I've got a business to run here.
趕快過來接她,我還有事情要忙
Because it's so easy. It's so much fun to take care of her.
照顧孩子多簡單啊,照顧她多有意思啊
Enjoy.
你也享受一下吧
What? Enjoy don.
什么,我說你好好享受吧,唐,
I'm meeting Henry in the city tomorrow night. I'll get her then.
我明晚到市區和亨利見面,到時候再來接她
Don't move and don't touch anything.
別四處走動,別碰任何東西
I don't want to hear it.
沒事別按鈴叫我
Just make sure she doesn't leave that room.
看好她,別讓她出房間
Hey. Are you serious with this?
嘿,你開什么玩笑,
Everyone knows who represents Fillmore auto parts.
大家都知道是誰在代理菲爾莫爾汽車零部件公司
We're the agency of record. But I was defending you.
我們是集中購買代理商,但我是在為你說話,
We have a religion in this country and it's business.
現如今國人將商業當宗教一樣信奉推崇
You're not a priest. You're just another congregant.
你不是頭目,你只是個參與者
So I'm not a war criminal.
所以我還不算戰犯是吧
Look why should someone nice like you have to do this?
聽著,為什么像你這樣的好人非得從事這樣的行業
Why should you be a part of that corruption?
你為何自甘墮落呢
It's a waste of your and a million other artists' gifts.
你的藝術才華被白白浪費,簡直是暴殄天物
If you publish this I'll lose my job.
如果你將這篇文章出版,我就工作難保了
Maybe you're better than this.
也許這個工作配不上你
I'm not a political person.
我不是個政客
I don't have to defend myself.
我沒有必要為自己辯護
You're political whether you like it or not.
不管你喜不喜歡,政治總是如影隨形
And you're not supposed to be insulted.
你不應該受此侮辱
You're supposed to be flattered.
你應該受到萬眾贊揚
Are you crazy?
你瘋了嗎
You inspired me. I wrote this for you.
你給了我靈感,這是為你寫的
I guess I read you wrong.
我想我是看錯你了
You look so earnest.
你看上去如此認真
I need your word that you'll destroy that.
你必須向我保證會將這個毀掉
Sure.
當然
I won't bother you again.
我不會再來煩你了
Miss Blankenship.
布蘭肯希普小姐
Miss Blankenship are you all right?
布蘭肯希普小姐,你還好吧
Miss Blankenship.
布蘭肯希普小姐
Miss Blankenship.
布蘭肯希普小姐
Caroline. Oh God. Caroline!
卡羅琳,天啊,卡羅琳
Oh. Do not come out of there. I know!
哦,不要出來,我知道的,
What now? Excuse me Mr. Draper.
又怎么了,不好意思,德雷柏先生,
I'm really sorry to bother you again.
很抱歉再次打擾您
Are you sure?
你確定嗎
I'm afraid so. What happened?
我想是的,發生什么事了,
Jesus.
天吶
Poor thing.
可憐的家伙
Should we call an ambulance?
需要叫醫生嗎
The coroner.
叫法醫吧
What about them?
那邊怎么辦
I'll attend to this. Sally's in there.
這里我來照看,薩麗在里面,
Why? She's visiting.
怎么回事,她過來見唐,
Megan get a man and we'll need a blanket.
梅根,叫個男人過來,還要一張毛毯
There's an afghan on Mr. Crane's couch.
克雷恩先生的沙發上有一張針織毛毯
She seemed fine just a minute ago.
她剛才看起來還好好的
So where are we?
我們說到哪兒了
Have we agreed on a strategy? I'm not sure.
達成一致的宣傳策略了嗎,我不大肯定,
This is where we are.
這就是目前的情況
Correct me if I'm wrong gentlemen
先生們,如果我說錯什么請指出來
But we believe by holding onto Fillmore's reputation
我們相信繼續保持菲爾莫爾
as a place for professional mechanics
作為專業汽修工首選品牌的良好聲譽
we can actually attract men of all types.
可以同時打開普通人群的銷售市場
So it's something like
廣告語大概是這樣的
"Fillmore auto parts. For the mechanic in every man."
"菲爾莫爾汽車零部件,讓每個人都成為機械專家"
And although it seems immaterial to you
可能你們覺得太過浮夸
The Fillmore brothers like it.
但菲爾莫爾兄弟很喜歡
Unanimously.
我們一致認可
What was that again?
剛才那句廣告語怎么說的
"Fillmore auto parts.
"菲爾莫爾汽車零部件,
For the mechanic in every man."
讓每個人成為機械專家"
My mother made that.
那毯子是我媽媽織的
Can we get your signature?
請簽上您的尊姓大名
I'm the president.
我是董事長
I think this is a winner.
我想我們就用這個了
Gentlemen always a pleasure.
先生們,恭候再次光臨
Ken can you show them out?
肯,送這幾位先生出去
Of course. This way.
當然,請這邊走
My goodness. I was just talking to her.
我的天啊,我之前還和她講過話
Listen my daughter is sitting in my office.
聽著,我女兒正坐在我辦公室
What? She decided to run away today.
什么,她想逃避心理治療,
Sally?
薩麗嗎
I'd really appreciate it if you could go in my bag get my keys
如果你可以去我包里拿鑰匙
take her to my apartment
將她送到我那兒
and just... sit with her.
然后陪她坐一會兒,我將感激不盡
Are you sure?
你當真
I would have my secretary do it but she's dead.
我本來想讓我的秘書來做,但是她死了
No of course.
我不是那個意思,當然沒問題
Okay do you want to introduce me?
好的,你要向她介紹一下我嗎
I mean what do I say to her?
我意思是,我該跟她說些什么
Do we really have to have this discussion right now?
這都什么時候了,還有時間顧這個嗎
You're Faye.
你可是菲婭
Find Cooper and Roger at lunch
去餐廳找到庫珀和羅杰
and stop them from bringing Secor back here.
叫他們不要把賽可的人帶過來
Sally this is my friend Faye.
薩麗,這是我朋友菲婭
She's going to take you to my apartment.
她會帶你回我公寓
Why? You don't want this to get worse believe me.
為什么,相信我,你不希望事情更加糟糕的,
Hello. My name is Faye.
你好,我叫菲婭
I know. My dad just said that.
我知道,我爸爸剛才說過了
Stop.
停下
Where are they taking her? She's going to the morgue.
他們要把她帶哪兒去,帶到停尸房,
No she's not. She's going to Frank e. Campbell.
不,不行,將她送往弗蘭克&坎貝爾葬禮堂
Anyone track down her family?
有人聯系她家人了嗎
She has a niece. I'll call her.
她有一個侄女,我給她打個電話
I'm sorry Bert.
很抱歉,伯特
Roger.
羅杰
You should go home.
你該回家去
Yes. Take all my calls up here.
好吧,幫我接聽所有的電話
Okay.
好的
So Fitzgerald says
菲茨杰拉德說
"I promised to pour this whiskey over your grave earlier
我先前承諾過要將威士忌灑在你的墳前,
but do you mind if I pass it through me kidneys first?"
但你不介意讓美酒先從我的膀胱過一趟吧
Are you all right? Oh damn it
你還好吧,哦,該死,
I don't want to die in this office.
我才不想死在這辦公室里
I almost have twice.
我兩次都命懸一線
Stop it.
別說了
If it looks like I'm going open a window.
如果你見我快要駕鶴西去,請為我打開窗戶
I'd rather flatten the top of a cab.
我寧愿跳窗摔死在出租車上
You are not going to die in this office.
你不會死在辦公室里的
Poor Ida.
可憐的艾達
She died like she lived...
她死了也跟她活著時候一樣
Surrounded by the people she answered phones for.
被眾人包圍著,她生前整日替這些人接電話
I'm gonna go to my favorite restaurant
我要去最喜歡的那家餐館
And have a glass of cyanide.
然后喝上一杯砒霜
Or you could join me.
要和我一起嗎
I don't know.
我不確定
I'm gonna kill myself Joanie.
我要自殺了,瓊妮
No you're not.
不,你不會的
Go get your things. I'll meet you in the lobby.
收拾一下準備走吧,我在大廳里等你
I got it.
我來開
Hello daddy. Don't "Hello daddy" Me.
爸爸,你回來啦,別跟我來這套,
Go sit down.
坐那兒去
How was it? Great.
情況還好吧,不錯,
We watched a little TV one of us took a nap.
我們看了一小會兒電視,她打了個盹
You want to stay? You're gonna need to eat.
愿意留下來嗎,該吃晚飯了
I know but I have dinner plans.
我知道,但是我晚上有約了
Thank you.
謝謝
Glad I could help.
很高興能幫上忙
Good night Sally. Good night.
晚安,薩麗,晚安,
Can we order a pizza?
我們晚上能吃外賣披薩嗎
I want you to promise me you're never going to do this again.
你得向我保證你再也不會一個人來找我了
I promise.
我保證
Why did you always pick this place?
你為何每次都來這里
No chance of running into anyone
因為在這兒碰不到熟人
And of course cherry cheesecake.
當然,這里還有櫻桃蛋糕
Well the client Leo is older than I remember.
那個客戶,利奧,比我印象中老很多
But not us.
但我們還很年輕
I wish you would talk to me about things.
我想聽一些關于你的事情
My husband doesn't like it.
我丈夫可不喜歡傾聽
I know it's tough
我知道這很艱難
But you must've known about the possibilities
但他報名參軍的時候
when he signed up.
你就該想到會有這么一天
I wasn't consulted.
他沒有問過我的意見
You're kidding.
開什么玩笑
Because you always tell Jane about all of your decisions?
難道你做什么決定都會告訴簡嗎
She's the woman behind the man isn't she?
她是那種在男人背后默默支持的女人,對嗎
Did you listen to my memoirs?
你聽過我的回憶錄嗎
I just have them transcribed
我翻錄了一遍
And recycle the tapes.
然后把那些錄音全部洗掉了
And you're not a little curious
你難道沒有一點點好奇嗎
if there's a chapter called "Joan"?
因為其中一個章節是以你命名的
There'd better not be.
最好沒有這一章
I know. That's the problem.
我知道,這就是問題所在
And every time I think back
每當我回憶過去的時候
All the good stuff was with you.
我總覺得和你在一起是最快樂的
And I'm sorry I keep pestering you.
我也知道不該這樣糾纏你
I just can't help myself.
可我總是情不自禁
I don't expect anything to happen.
我不指望可以舊情復燃
I appreciate that.
我贊成
Can I ask you something?
我能問你個問題嗎
Yes I'm still mad at you.
沒錯,我還在生你的氣
Are you going to marry Faye?
你要娶菲婭嗎
What? No.
什么,不會的
Is she your girlfriend?
那她是你女朋友嗎
No. She had your keys.
不是,但她有你家的鑰匙呀,
I gave her my keys.
我把我的鑰匙給她了
She knew you had peanut butter.
她還知道你家里有花生醬
Everyone has peanut butter.
誰家里都有花生醬的
Well she said she wanted to meet me.
她還說她早就想見見我了
Why would she want to meet me?
她為什么想見我呢
Look I do like her
聽著,我是喜歡她
But we just work together
但是我們只是同事關系
and I talk about you a lot.
而且我經常和她談到你
Do you like her?
你喜歡她嗎
She seems nice. Well good.
我覺得她不錯,那就好,
Maybe you'll get to see her again sometime.
你可能還會見到她
Get out some plates.
去拿幾個盤子來
'cause I didn't want to take a cab on Broadway.
我可不想在百老匯街乘出租,
It's a beautiful night.
今晚的夜色真是優美
I don't like this neighborhood anymore.
我現在可不喜歡這兒了
What happened to it?
這里是怎么了
Miss Blankenship you're not missing anything.
布蘭肯希普小姐,你沒有錯過任何變遷
Do you know what time it is? I do.
你知道現在幾點了嗎,知道,
Oh God.
天吶
You know what to do.
你知道該怎么做吧
Rog... yes. Yes we do. Look down.
羅杰,我們知道,別看他,
Everything's going to be fine.
不會有事的
There you go. What about her?
給你,她呢,
Give me your bag.
把你的包給我
Rings.
戒指也拿來
That's everything. We haven't seen anything.
值錢的都給你了,我們什么也沒看到
I can't breathe.
我喘不過氣了
I want to scream. Don't. Come over here.
我想尖叫,別叫,跟我來,
You have to calm down. My ring. My ring.
平靜一下,我的戒指,我的戒指啊,
Stop it. Everything can be replaced.
別這樣,那些都是身外之物
You're fine.
你現在安全了
Don't stop.
別停
Are you sure you don't want to call your mother or your brothers?
你不想給你媽媽或者弟弟打個電話嗎
It's 9:30. They're asleep.
已經九點半了,他們都睡了
Daddy I love you so much.
爸爸,我很愛你
I love you too.
我也愛你
Did you brush your hair?
你梳過頭了嗎
I want to live with you all the time.
我想永遠和你在一起
You can't do that honey.
親愛的,你不能那樣
Why not? I'll be good.
為什么不行呢,我會很乖的
Where are you gonna go to school down here?
你在這里怎么上學呢
What about your friends? What about your brothers?
你不要你那些朋友了嗎,你的兩個弟弟怎么辦
They could live here too. I'll watch them.
他們也可以住在這里啊,我會照顧好他們的
Sally.
薩麗
Go to sleep.
睡覺吧
Sally? I made French toast.
薩麗,我做了些法國吐司哦,
You know I don't like you using the stove.
你知道我說了不讓你碰爐子的
Oh daddy I do it all the time.
得了,爸爸,我又不是第一次用了
And there's no shells in it.
這里面可沒有蛋殼
Do you want me to turn on the TV?
你想打開電視嗎
We can watch "The today show."
我們現在可以看看《今日新聞》
No.
不用了
Where'd you learn how to do this?
你跟誰學的做吐司
Carla taught me.
卡拉教我的
What's on this?
這上面加了什么
Mrs. Butterworth's.
糖漿
Go get it.
拿給我看看
That's rum. Read labels.
那是朗姆酒,好好看看商標
Is it bad?
很難吃嗎
Not really.
還行吧
Get dressed and I'll get you a bun at the office.
去穿衣服吧,我去辦公室給你拿個小面包吃
Can't we do something?
我們就不能做點別的什么嗎
All right here's the deal. No negotiating.
好吧,提前說好了,不準和我討價還價
I'm gonna call in move everything to noon
我打個電話,把公事推到中午
And we're gonna go to the central park zoo.
然后我們就去中央動物園
And the dinosaur museum? One or the other.
再去恐龍博物館,只能去一個地方,
We only have till noon.
我們只有一上午的時間
You finish your breakfast.
你吃你的早飯
I'm going to get ready.
我去準備一下
You want me to get Don to do it?
要我叫唐來寫這個嗎
Of course he didn't really know her.
不過,他對她不是很了解
No he didn't.
他確實不太了解
Caroline get Mrs. Harris.
卡羅琳,把哈里斯夫人叫來
It's regarding Ida Blankenship's obit.
是給艾達o布蘭肯希普寫訃告的事
That ought to get her in here.
這個理由應該可以把她叫過來
This is an insult to her.
這真是對她的侮辱
I can't think of anything.
我提起筆什么都想不出來
And I have no office in which to ruminate.
而且也沒有個好辦公室,讓我潛心思考
Cooper's trying to write an obit...
庫珀打算寫訃告
Something sharp and sweet.
措辭要溫馨感人
Well Mr. Cooper
庫珀先生
Shall we say
我們可以寫
"Beloved friend..." Mmm.
摯愛的朋友,嗯,
"...Devoted caretaker..."
敬業的傳達員,
Put "Quietly in her sleep" Of course.
寫上,"她安靜的睡去了"
What's her profession... secretary?
她的職務是什么,秘書嗎
Executive secretary.
執行秘書
She was born in 1898 in a barn.
1898年,生于一所農舍內
She died on the 37th floor of a skyscraper.
卒于摩天大廈的37層
She's an astronaut.
她,是個了不起的宇航員
Is this what it took to get you in here?
非得這個理由才能把你叫進來嗎
Look I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
It was in the heat of the moment.
那只是一時沖動
And there was a moment. You know that.
那一刻我們確實動情了,你也很清楚這一點
I'm not sorry
我不覺得抱歉
But I'm married.
但是我結婚了
And so are you.
你也是
I feel something
我感覺到愛意的流動
And I know you do.
我知道你也感覺到了
Good afternoon.
下午好
Hello. Sally this is Megan.
你好,薩麗,這是梅根,
Where's miss Blankenship? She went away.
布蘭肯希普小姐在去哪兒了,她出遠門了,
I'm helping out for a little bit.
我是來幫忙的
Her mother should be by at 5:00. Can you handle five minutes?
她媽媽大概五點到,可以照看五分鐘嗎
Are you hungry?
你餓了嗎
She ate plenty.
她吃很多了
I'm gonna get coffee and check in.
我去喝杯咖啡,然后開始工作
Shit. Now we can't leave.
該死,這下走不掉了
Harry said on the form where it says "Cause of death"
哈里說,在死因那一欄里
They wrote "Don Draper".
他們填的是"唐o德雷柏"
How long do you think Yvette Mimieux's gonna last on his desk?
你們覺得小美女可以在那崗位上撐多久
I say we start a pool
我覺得我們應該打個賭
on whether she's fired quits or dies.
賭她是被炒,自己辭職,還是光榮殉職
Where's Dr. Miller?
米勒博士在哪
I don't know if she's coming in. She is.
我不知道她會不會來,她會的,
Well the Fillmores want a jingle
菲爾莫爾兄弟想要一首廣告曲
A ccccatchy tune.
一首,好好好好記的曲子
Don't do that.
別鬧了
Harry says no rock 'n' roll if we want middleclass men.
哈里說,想吸引中產階級的顧客就別用搖滾
He was pushing Perry Como.
他推薦佩里o科莫的歌
And we had Pat Boone Roger Miller
備選歌手有帕特o布恩,羅杰o米勒
Frankie Laine Duane Eddy.
弗蘭克o萊恩,杜安o艾迪
I'm glad I came in for this.
想不到我來參加會議,討論的就是這些東西
How about Harry Belafonte?
哈里o貝爾范蒂怎么樣, (著名黑人歌手,演員)
Everyone likes him.
大家都喜歡他
I'll get you tickets to Harry Belafonte.
我可以幫你弄到哈里o貝爾范蒂的演出票
Believe me he ain't selling auto parts for these guys.
相信我,他不會代言汽車零部件的
Well maybe it'll help them with their image in the South.
說不定可以幫助改善菲爾莫爾公司在南部的形象
They don't want help. Have you ever been to the South?
他們不需要幫助,你去過南方嗎
'Cause they have a way of doing things
南方人有自己獨特的行事方式,
and it doesn't include Harry Belafonte.
哈里o貝爾范蒂也于事無補
The Fillmore brothers are from Boston.
菲爾莫爾兄弟是從波士頓來的
Same thing.
沒差別
Well why are we doing business
為什么我們要跟
With someone that doesn't hire Negroes?
不愿意雇傭黑人的公司有業務往來
Our job is to make men like Fillmore auto
我們的任務是讓大眾喜歡菲爾莫爾公司
Not make Fillmore auto like Negroes.
不是讓菲爾莫爾公司喜歡黑人
Pick one get it written and recorded
選一個,寫下來,然后錄制
and if they want to change it we will charge them to change it.
如果他們想換,我們就收修改費
How about Dean Martin?
迪恩o馬丁怎么樣
He's friends with Sammy Davis Jr..
他是薩米o戴維斯的好友
Does that work for you Peggy?
你還滿意嗎,佩奇
Mrs. Francis is going to be in the lobby any minute.
弗朗西斯太太隨時會到大廳
I have to cover reception per Joan's orders.
瓊讓我必須去做前臺接待
Go ahead.
去吧
Your mother's going to be downstairs in a minute.
你媽媽馬上就會到樓下了
Get your things.
帶好你的東西
I wanna stay.
我想留下
Well you can't.
不可以
I want to stay and I don't know why I can't.
我想留下,我不知道為什么不可以
Because you have to go home.
因為你得回家
I'll be good. I promise.
我會很乖的,我保證
Come on. No.
起來,不要,
Let's go. No! No!
走吧,不要,不要,
No no! I'm not going anywhere! Stop it!
不要,我哪里都不去,別拉我
Do you want me to carry you out of here? I'm not going.
你想要我把你抱出去嗎,我才不走,
I'm not leaving. I hate it there!
我不要離開,我討厭那里
Is everything okay?
怎么了
Can you talk to her? What?
你可以跟她談談嗎,什么,
Please. I can't bring her back
拜托了,我沒法將她送回去
kicking and screaming to her mother.
她肯定會對她母親大吵大鬧的
I don't have much child psychology.
我不太會琢磨小孩的心思
Just talk to her.
勸勸她就好
Dr. Faye wants to talk to you.
菲婭博士想跟你談談
Hi Sally.
你好,薩麗
Remember me from yesterday?
還記得我們昨天見過面嗎
I know you don't want to go but you have to.
我知道你不想走,但你必須回去
Your mother came all the way out here.
你媽媽大老遠跑來
You don't know my mother.
你又不認識我媽
Sally.
薩麗
Sally
薩麗
sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do.
有時候,有些事我們不想做也得做
Shut up. What's gotten into you?
閉嘴,你到底怎么回事,
I don't think I'm helping here.
我覺得我幫不上忙
We don't want your help.
我們不需要你幫忙
Let's go now. Stop it! No! Stop it!
現在就跟我走,停下,不要,
It's gonna be all right.
沒事的
No it's not.
才不會呢
I fall all the time.
我總是跌倒
I was coming to get you.
我是打算來叫你的
Mrs.... Your...
那位,你的
Sally's mother is in reception.
薩麗的媽媽在接待處了
Thank you.
謝謝
I was worried about you.
我很擔心你
Come on let's go.
好了,走吧
I was waiting in the lobby at 5:00.
我五點整的時候就在大廳等了
We lost track of time. Well now I'm late.
我們忘了時間,現在我已經遲了,
Sally?
薩麗
Say goodbye to your father. Goodbye.
跟爸爸說再見,再見,
Excuse me.
借過
Thank you.
謝謝你
Hi. Are you here to see Peggy?
你好,您是來找佩奇的嗎
Can you make me one of those?
可以也給我來一杯嗎
No. No I can't.
不,不行
I can't do anything for you. Why are you upset?
我沒辦法為你做任何事,你為何如此氣憤,
You shouldn't have put me in that position.
你不該將我置于那種境地
Things happen. I didn't plan it.
那是個意外,我也沒想到
You asked me to go watch her.
你讓我去照看她
There was no one else to do it.
當時我找不到其他人
And just now? What the hell was that?
那剛才呢,那又算什么
I'm not good with kids.
我根本不擅長帶小孩
That was not your fault.
那不是你的錯
Well it feels like there was a test and I failed it.
那感覺像是一個考驗,而我失敗了
God knows I'd be lying
如果我說我沒有這樣想過的話
if I said it didn't cross my mind.
老天都知道我在說謊
Would I meet your children? When would I meet your children?
我會見到你的孩子嗎,什么時候會見到
But I don't have any.
但我自己沒有孩子
I'm sorry.
對不起
I love children but I chose to be where I am.
我喜歡孩子,但我選擇了如今的生活方式
I don't view it as a failure.
我不覺得那是個敗筆
It doesn't matter.
那不重要
I mean it.
我是認真的
Jesus. What a mess.
老天啊,真是一團糟
Part of it's good right?
有一部分還不錯,對吧
I'm gonna go. I didn't really sleep.
我要走了,我沒怎么睡
We can have dinner this weekend. I'll pick a place.
我們這周末可以共進晚餐,我來選地點
Good.
很好
Why are you drinking here?
你為什么在這喝東西
Come on.
來吧
I don't know what kind of surprise you're gonna spring on me.
我不知道你為我準備了怎樣的驚喜
So Abe Drexler pulled a boner.
艾博o德克斯勒犯了個大錯
It's to be expected.
我早料到會這樣
He seemed so nice.
他人看上去真的很好
He's a man.
他是個男人
He won't be happy until he turns you out.
不對你進行思想大改造,他是不會善罷甘休的
What's that supposed to mean?
那是什么意思
Gotta be their girl.
你得當他們的女人
It's the way they want it. Maybe it's biology.
他們就喜歡這樣,可能是生物本能
It's like men are this vegetable soup
男人就像蔬菜湯
and we can't put'em on a plate or eat'em off the counter.
不能放在盤子吃,也不能在吧臺上吃
So women are the pot. They heat'em up.
所以女人就是鍋,將湯加熱
They hold 'em. They contain them.
承載著,包容著
But who wants to be a pot?
但是誰想當個鍋呢
Who the hell said we're not soup?
我們為何就不能是湯呢
I don't think that's true.
我覺得你說的不對
It's been my experience.
這是我的經驗之談
But you know I wouldn't have helped Abe out
但是,要不是我覺得艾博是碗特別的湯
if I didn't think he was some very interesting soup.
我也不會幫他一把
Listen go ahead without me.
聽我說,你去吧,別管我了
Another time.
我有機會再去
Are you angry or lovesick?
你是生氣還是害相思病啊
I don't know.
我不知道
Night peg.
晚安,佩
Could you hold that?
可以等一下嗎
Hello.
你們好