I have sand in the weirdest places.
我的私處都進了沙子
Jones beach? Don't be so sure it's sand.
在這瓊斯海灘,那可不一定是沙子(長島的海灘之一,紐約人常去的玩水圣地)
hold up.
等等
We got hitchers.
有人搭車
Made it. I see that.
終于趕上了,是啊,
Girls on the hop.
美女坐我腿上
You gotta get up.
恐怕只能委屈你坐我腿上了
All I want to say is I did not plan this.
我只想說,我不是故意要占你便宜
Nobody talk. I'm really stoned.
都別說話,我醉得頭痛欲裂
I'm sorry.
抱歉
You're like a pound or less.
你輕盈若無物
I see you went in.
我看到你進去的
I like the water.
我喜歡這里的水
Can I quote you on that?
我能借用下這句話嗎
I'm learning.
我正在學游泳
Oh my god. You're a slob. Shh!
天,你這里真亂,噓,
we have to be quiet. I have a roommate.
輕點,我室友還在呢
God I love your shoulders.
天,我愛你嬌嫩的香肩
You look like you're in the olympics.
你就像奧林匹克山上的女神
You never stop talking.
你就不能閉嘴嗎
It was like the movies.
就像電影一樣
One minute we're listening to a lecture on rhododendrons
前一刻我們還在聽個杜鵑花講座
The next Patricia is driving like a speed racer to the hospital.
下一刻,帕特麗夏就像賽車手般飛車趕去醫院了
And Trudy keeps apologizing in the back seat.
特魯迪坐在后座不斷道歉
We're saying "It's okay. Nobody cares.
我們安慰她,沒事的,沒人介意
You're having a baby!"
你就要當媽媽了
Meanwhile Campbell's on the back nine with his fatherinlaw
那個時候,坎貝爾正跟他岳父一起打高爾夫
who's also a client.
他也是我們的客戶
Well that's a nice way to end a round.
以這種方式結束比賽倒是挺有意思的
Ken Cosgrove. Don't get up.
肯·科斯格羅夫,別起來了
John Flory.
約翰·弗洛瑞
This is my fiancee Cynthia
這位是我未婚妻辛西婭
Her parents Ed and Lillian Baxter.
這二位是她的雙親,埃德和莉莉安·伯克斯特
Sorry to interrupt. It's a pleasure.
抱歉打擾,歡迎之至,
Nice to meet you. Aren't you lucky?
幸會,你真是幸福,
I'm spending my Sunday night with Dodge.
我的周日夜都用來招待道奇那些客戶了
Nice to see you Ken. And I'm sorry about you know.
能碰到你真好,肯,關于那件事我很遺憾
My condolences. Oh David Montgomery?
節哀,哦,大衛·蒙哥馬利那事,
I was only there for about six months. I didn't really know him.
我就在那呆了6周,幾乎不認識他
Oh. Right.
哦,對哦
Well I should be on my way.
我該忙去了
It was nice meeting you all.
很高興見到各位
Flory.
弗洛瑞
Look you're with your family.
你正享受天倫之樂呢
I shouldn't have said anything. You didn't.
別讓我壞了你興致,不會,
What's going on?
到底怎么回事
Lucky strike.
幸福時光香煙
They're coming over to us.
他們要轉投我們公司了
What?
什么
Look you didn't hear it from me okay?
聽著,別說是我告訴你的,行嗎
you're winding me up.
你在耍我吧
No. American tobacco came in last Monday
不是,美國煙草公司上周來的
Said they're moving all the brands to us.
說他們旗下所有品牌都由我們公司做
Well that's not true.
那不可能的
Someone should tell Lee Garner Jr. That.
這話你該跟小李·加勒說
Sorry.
抱歉
You okay son?
你沒事吧,孩子
Whenever ad men meet all they ever do is brag and brag.
廣告人的聚會,一向都只有自吹自擂
It's hard not to get rattled.
想不生氣都難
Ed Lillian you'll have to excuse me.
埃德,莉莉安,請恕我失陪
Sweetheart I swear to you I wouldn't do this
親愛的,原諒我,要不是情況緊急
If it wasn't serious.
我必不會如此
Ken! What a pleasant surprise!
肯,你怎么會來這兒
There's nothing much to celebrate yet.
現在還沒到慶祝的時候
They were going to send Trudy home but her mother protested.
醫生建議特魯迪先回家,但她媽媽拒絕了
I sent her for food just to get rid of her.
我打發她去買點吃的了
Anyway I suppose your visit is premature.
總之,你好像來早了(一詞多義,早產)
I shouldn't use that word around here. Can I talk to you?
我這會真不該提這個詞的,能跟你談談嗎,
John Flory some prik over at B.B.D.O.
約翰·弗洛瑞,天聯廣告公司的一個家伙
Just told me that lucky strike is going there.
剛告訴我,幸福時光香煙要轉投他們公司
What?
什么
you made me wait for you while you worked.
你就知道忙工作,讓我好等
I'm not waiting anymore.
我再也不想等了
I should get it.
我得接個電話
Of course. The kids.
當然,肯定是孩子們打來的
Hello? It's Pete.
喂,我是皮特,
Have you heard anything about lucky strike leaving?
你有沒有聽說幸福時光香煙要轉投別家了
No. Ken heard from somebody at B.B.D.O
沒有,肯從天聯廣告公司的人那聽說的,
That lucky's coming over. Bullship. Call Roger.
說他們要接手了,胡說,打給羅杰,
I did. He's out.
我打過了,他外出了
Wake Cooper. Meet me in the office.
叫醒庫珀,我們辦公室見
What happened? I'm not sure.
怎么了,還不確定,
I have to make a call.
我得打個電話
Hello?
人呢
What's going on?
怎么回事
Ken here heard that lucky strike is leaving.
肯剛聽說,幸福時光香煙要轉投別家了
That they've already left. What?
他們已經定下合作事宜了,什么,
Who told you what? John Flory.
誰告訴你的,約翰·弗洛瑞,
He's an account executive at B.B.D.O. That's where they're going.
他是天聯的客戶經理,就是他們接手
No. That's impossible. Call him.
不,不可能,打給他證實下,
I'm telling you it's impossible.
我說了這不可能
Don't lose your temper.
別發脾氣
Somebody call Lane in London?
有人打去倫敦通知萊恩了嗎
Yeah I don't think he'll go back to sleep.
打了,估計他也睡不著了
Could I get a drink?
能幫我倒杯酒嗎
It's ringing.
接通了
Lee. Roger Sterling.
李,我是羅杰·斯特林
From your agency?
代理你們廣告的那個
Well it's serious.
這事刻不容緩
He's drunk.
他喝醉了
You're dare right I heard.
我當然聽說了
Because you can consolidate your business here.
因為大合并以后的廣告業務,我們也可以做
Just because your father's non compos mentis
你父親簡直是大腦失常,舉動瘋狂
Doesn't mean you have to listen to the board.
但你不必事事都聽董事會的
It's bullshit! Lee!
一派胡言,李
30 years?!
30年的交情,
I have to hear it on the street?
我還得從別人那兒聽說這事
No review? Nothing?!
沒有轉圜余地了嗎,都不可能了嗎
He hung up.
他掛了
It's true?
是真的嗎
I need to sit down
我需要坐一會兒
Tomorrow morning
明天一早
we're getting on the 6:00 A.M. to raleighdurham.
我們趕6點的飛機去羅利達勒姆
I'll do it.
我去吧
I've known him half my life.
我認識他半輩子了
I need a drink.
給我杯酒
What time is it? Midnight.
幾點了,半夜了,
You want one?
要來一杯嗎
Looks like you need both.
看上去你一杯都不夠
It looks like lucky strike might have gone south.
幸福時光香煙這客戶似乎是留不住了
Holy crap.
太糟糕了
Obviously we'd like to avoid that information getting out.
顯然這消息目前還不能泄露出去
What happened?
怎么回事
Supposedly they're consolidating
他們想實行廣告業務合并
for a reduced commission at B.B.D.O.
統一交給天聯去做,減少代理費用
Hey watch it. You have to keep a clear head.
少喝點,你得保持頭腦清醒
Every day I tried not to think about
每天,我都避免去想
what would happen if this happened.
萬一這事發生了,我們將如何是好
Aw look at that plum.
看你那梅紅色的臉
What's that? That face.
什么,臉都成紅色的了,
You're the most hirable man on Madison Avenue.
你是麥迪遜大道最炙手可熱的廣告人
I'm not at that point yet.
還沒到跳槽的地步吧
Okay.
好吧
Where's Trudy? Her mother's got her all worked up.
特魯迪呢,她媽媽帶她出去走動走動,
She made such a stink.
她在這兒坐立不安
And that thing's at least another day away.
估計還有好幾天才能生
Can I see her?
我可以見她嗎
Have you been drinking?
你是不是喝酒了
You need to calm down.
你得冷靜下來
I was at a ballgame when Trudy was born.
特魯迪出生的時候,我還在看球賽呢
Go about your business.
去忙公事去吧
Are you all right?
你還好嗎
Could I speak with you candidly?
我能跟你坦白說嗎
Always. I'd like to think I'm more to you than a typical fatherinlaw.
當然,我很希望對你來說我不只是岳父而已
You are. That's the problem. It's about business.
的確,這就是問題所在,是關于業務的
There's no business in here son.
現在不談公事,孩子
We may have lost Lucky Strike.
我們可能失去幸福時光香煙了
I'm sure this agency was a thrill
我就知道新公司只是曇花一現
but you've had your folly.
你一時失誤才會選擇加入
That's not right Tom.
不是那樣的,湯姆
I haven't stayed at Vick Chemical for 28 years because I love it.
我留在維克制藥28年,不是因為我愛那里
It's because I have a family.
而是因為我要養家糊口
Any minute here you will too.
很快,你將面臨同樣的境況
This still can work. I'm not rooting against you.
公司或許可以度過難關啊,我沒說不行啊,
You've got my account for god's sake.
無論如何,你還手握我這個客戶呢
It's just...
只是
You're a frequent topic at C.G.C.
在C.G.C廣告公司,大家常提到你
Apparently you were a tough act to follow
顯然,你的工作成績是他們望塵莫及的
when we moved Clearasil over there.
克利拉思轉到那邊以后立刻暴露無遺
Ted Chaough? I hate him.
泰德·趙嗎,我很討厭他
He's a good guy.
他是個好人
He's not interested in me. He's just trying to hobble Don.
他并非真的對我有興趣,他只是想借機讓唐難堪
There's no reward in going down with the ship.
同歸于盡無利益,識時務者為俊杰
I have an agency. I'm a partner.
公司也有我的一部分,我是合伙人
I found him.
我找到他了
He was down at the candy machines dozed off.
他在糖果機那里打瞌睡
Can I see her? No.
我可以見她嗎,不行,
She finally went to sleep.
她好不容易睡了
Why don't you just go back to the candy machines and we'll wait?
不如你再回糖果機那里打個盹兒,我們繼續等
I'm sorry about that.
我很抱歉
The air conditioning guy's supposed to be there at 8:00.
冷氣工人應該八點會到
I guess I'll see you then.
期待下次再會
You don't want me to go?
你不希望我走嗎
I want you to do whatever you usually do.
你就像平常一樣過日子就行了
Hey I don't usually do anything.
我平常什么都不做
Really?
真的嗎
Can't you tell by how badly I'm leaving?
你看不出我不擅長離別嗎
I'm not letting you leave.
我不會讓你離開的
What about your air?
你的冷氣怎么辦
You're unbelievable.
你簡直讓人欲罷不能
I'm sorry. I'm not usually like this.
真抱歉,我通常不是這樣的
Hello? I just walked out of there.
你好,我剛走出他的辦公室,
It's over.
沒救了
I see. Since his father got sick
我知道了,自從他父親病了之后,
the board took over. There's no point in talking to them.
權力都落到董事會手里,跟他們談純粹是浪費時間
He said we did good work.
他說我們的廣告做的非常出色
Our clients need to hear this from us.
這話應該說給我們的客戶聽
I know Bert. Don't wait for me.
我知道,伯特,別等我了
I'm standing by Lee's receptionist.
我正站在李公司的接待處
I didn't want to have to pay for the longdistance call.
我可不想付長途電話費
Very well then.
很好
Lane Pryce isn't coming back.
萊恩·普萊斯不會回來了
That's my guess.
我猜是宣布這事兒
I think they'd do that in a memo.
那種小事,根本不會如此勞師動眾
I got $5 that says Cooper's retiring.
我出五塊,賭庫珀要宣布退休
No champagne?
沒有香檳嗎
I'd say he's got cancer.
我猜他可能得了癌癥
It's in bigger print now.
字體都放大了
Everyone? If we could have your attention please?
各位請安靜,有要事宣布
Bert.
伯特
"We have called this meeting of our nearest and dearest
此次召集全體員工共同出席大會,
to let you know of a change in the agency.
旨在通知公司的一項巨變
After 30 years of consummate service
經過30年的愉快合作
American tobacco has reluctantly decided
美國煙草公司艱難地做出決定
to consolidate their business
實行業務大合并
at Batten Barton Durstine and Osborn".
并將所有廣告業務轉投天聯公司
Damn it.
該死
"So what does this mean to you?"
這對各位來說意味著什么呢,
Now Donald Draper partner creative director.
現在有請唐納德·德雷柏,公司合伙人,創意總監
Pete Campbell and Ken Cosgrove
皮特·坎貝爾跟肯·科斯格羅夫
will handle calls to clients.
會負責打電話給客戶
Those are the only calls we want made with this news.
除了他們,這一消息我們將不對任何人泄露
Now we've had a pretty good year.
公司本年度業績蒸蒸日上
We've gained more accounts than we've lost a lot more
我們爭取到的新客戶,比失去的舊客戶多的多
Because our work is thoughtful and effective
因為我們的廣告作品構思新穎,效果顯著
Even Lucky Strike said so
連幸福時光都這么說
which means that nothing should change.
這意味著一切仍將如常
Nothing will change.
不會有任何改變
We're gonna push ourselves shoulder to shoulder
我們將一起肩并肩度過這個難關
and we're gonna overcome this and succeed tenfold
取得比以前更輝煌的成就
and it will be exhilarating.
最終的勝利必將鼓舞人心
Joe?
喬,
As Don said nothing is going to change.
如唐所說,一切如常
There's only a small modification in policy.
但公司規章制度上會做一些小調整
Anything out of the ordinary
一切特殊事件
must be approved by myself Joan Harris or Lane Pryce.
必須征詢我,瓊·哈里斯和萊恩·普萊斯的意見
and that said inquiries as to paychecks and advances...
比如,薪資或是升遷之類的事宜
What's going on? That's the head of accounting.
發生什么事了,那是會計部領導,
What do you think's going on?
你覺得發生了什么事
Any questions?
有任何問題請現在提出
Nothing?
沒有嗎
Okay. If you want to talk to me individually
好吧,如果有人想私下里找我談談
I'll be in my office.
我在辦公室恭候
What happened? We lost Lucky Strike.
出什么事了,我們失去了幸福時光,
Jesus.
天啊
But it sounds like everything's under control.
但聽起來一切似乎還在掌控之中
I've got to go to a meeting.
我得去參加個會議
Peggy Freddy Danny Stan in my office.
佩奇,弗雷迪,丹尼,斯坦,來我辦公室
We're in some trouble here.
公司現在有大麻煩了
Creative needs to be on its toes.
創意人員要引起警惕
Is it a "Last hired last fired" Sort of thing?
一旦要開除員工,是不是會拿新人開刀
You're in this room. That's all I can say.
至少現在還沒開除你,我只能這么說
Now myself and the other partners
我和公司其他合伙人
will be out there beating the bushes for new business
會去積極尋找新客戶
But creative's job is to hold on to what we have.
而創意人員的任務就是留住老客戶
That means client's ideas should seem better than they normally do.
也就是說,我們要比平常更重視客戶的意見
For the next few weeks the only words you know
接下來的幾周,你們必須面對客戶時只能說
Are "Yes sir." yes sir.
遵命,先生,遵命,先生,
That means Stan
這意味著,斯坦
you babysit that Samsonite shoot every day.
你必須每天去監督新秀麗的廣告拍攝工作
Peggy the Playtex presentation is still set for tomorrow.
佩奇,倍得適的廣告展示將在明天如期舉行
I'll bring in my notes. I can prep you in 10 minutes.
我去拿我的筆記,大概在10分鐘后可以做簡報
No. You're still gonna do it.
不,還是由你來做
It'll look desperate if I'm suddenly involved.
如果我突然參與,會讓他們覺得公司已經窮途末路了
So what about it then? Be successful.
那該怎么做呢,只許成功,不許失敗,
I'm not worried.
我一點都不擔心
Okay. Let's skip the gossip out there.
好了,廢話不多說了
Get to work.
都去忙吧
Peggy?
佩奇
you're not worried?
你不擔心嗎
I don't know. You seem to have everything in hand.
我不知道,你看上去大局在握
Should I be worried?
我該擔心嗎
We don't even know how bad this is gonna be until Lane shows up.
萊恩不出現,我們甚至不知道情況到底會有多嚴重
Every time something good happens something bad happens.
果然情場得意,商場失意
I knew I'd pay for it.
我就知道我會付出點代價的
You're not paying for anything.
你不需要付出任何代價
But I'm counting on you.
我對你寄予厚望
Close that will you?
能把門帶上嗎
Joan Harris. Joanie I'm glad you're there.
瓊·哈里斯,瓊妮,我很高興你在,
I'm so sorry.
我很遺憾
I feel so guilty.
我覺得好愧疚啊
It's not your fault.
這不是你的錯
I need to see you.
我得見你
I need you to come down here.
我要你來這里
I'm not flying to Raleigh.
我才不要飛去羅利呢
When do you get back? No I'm here.
你什么時候回來,不,我還在這兒呢,
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
Mr. Cooper said he spoke with you.
庫珀先生說他跟你通過話了
He did but I didn't go.
確實,但我沒去
Damn it Roger. Get on a plane.
該死,羅杰,趕快飛過去啊
You're very persuasive in person.
你當面交談非常有說服力
There's no point.
沒救了
It's been over for weeks.
幾周前一切就結束了
Garner was supposed to give me a month.
加勒原本答應給我一個月時間的
The bastard couldn't keep to it.
可那混蛋卻不守信用
You knew about it?!
你早就知道了
I can't believe you. We could've done something.
你簡直不可理喻,我們或許可以采取補救措施的
Don't yell at me.
別對我吼
You know what it's been like walking around with this?
你以為我隱瞞著這消息心里好受嗎
I got a hole in my gut.
簡直如鯁在喉,如坐針氈
What am I supposed to do with this information?
你現在告訴了我,我該作何反應
I'm sorry.
對不起
But I need you to know why I need to see you.
我只是想讓你知道,為什么我想見你
You should've told me.
你早該跟我說的
Why didn't you tell me?
你之前為什么不告訴我
I kept meaning to say something.
我一直想跟你說
I thought I still had time. I don't know.
我以為時間還有很多,我腦子亂了
I should go. There's a lot of work to do.
我要掛了,還有很多工作要忙
Come after work.
下班了過來吧
I'm at the Statler.
我在斯塔特勒酒店
I had to stay away from midtown.
我得離市中心遠點
I'll have to see.
到時候再說吧
I think my setup is good
我覺得我的創意挺不錯
But Don always has these little examples at the end
但唐會在最后加一些例子,畫龍點睛
that explain to the client how big the idea is.
讓客戶感受到我們的創意是多么精彩絕倫
They're always kind of poetic.
他的作品總是那么富有詩意
So get Don to write it. We can't lose this.
那就讓唐來寫,我們不能丟了這么大的客戶
Since when do we have donuts?
什么時候開始有甜甜圈吃了
Condemned man always gets his choice of a last meal.
人之將死,美食相送
You know what Pete Campbell just said to me?
你知道皮特?坎貝爾剛才對我說什么了嗎
He said if anybody sends a resume out of here
他說要是有人敢向其它公司投簡歷
they're gonna get executed.
立刻就地開除
Fellas we're on an account right now.
各位,我們手頭還有個案子呢
Playtex gloves protect a woman's hands
倍得適手套,呵護女性玉手
so they're soft enough to touch
讓您的雙手柔軟嬌嫩
all the things a woman wants to touch.
觸摸你想觸摸之物
All the things?
什么都可以摸嗎
The exciting things she wants to feel with her fingertips.
一切令她亢奮,讓她的指尖無法抗拒的東西
His lips.
比如他的嘴唇
The tuft of hair on his chest.
他叢生的胸毛
The small of his back.
他堅實的后背
I can't imagine Don saying that.
我無法想象唐說出這種話會是怎樣的效果
Excuse me. I have a delivery for Peggy Olson.
打擾一下,這里有佩奇·奧爾森的包裹
What?
什么
Are you Peggy Olson? It's C.O.D.
你是佩奇·奧爾森嗎,這里有你的貨到付款包裹
Let me get my purse.
我去拿錢包
Go ahead without me.
你們接著討論
I'm gonna take care of this and then practice.
我先辦完這事,然后再來參與
Am I wrong or is she giving it off?
是我的錯覺,還是她真的春光乍泄
Well it's the last days of Rome.
就像羅馬帝國的末日一樣
I was in an agency that went down.
我曾經所在的那家公司倒閉之前
The women get sexcrazed.
女人都變得如饑似渴
The energy is very good.
真是"干"勁十足
They said they wanted to revise the media plan
他們說想要重新訂立媒體計劃
But I think what they really wanted was a budget
我覺得他們的真實意圖是想獲知預算情況
to see how much of their money we haven't spent yet.
看看還有多少運營費用在我們手上
Who are we talking about? Birdseye.
這是在說哪個客戶呢,伯利茲,
Why are we worrying about existing accounts?
我們為什么要擔心現有的客戶
If anything they're going to get more attention.
幸福時光一走,我們會更重視他們才對
Because they're afraid we won't be here.
因為他們怕我們會倒閉
I have news from London.
倫敦那邊發來消息了
Pete wake up.
皮特,別睡了
Lane thinks our billings are probably
萊恩說如果不算幸福時光
around $22 million without Lucky
我們的資金總額大約有2200萬
but he has to look at everything in person.
但他還得親自核查一番
When's he coming?
他什么時候回來
As soon as he can.
他說盡快
David Montgomery's memorial is tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午有大衛o蒙哥馬利的追悼會
In case we need cheering up?
我們難道還不夠沮喪嗎
The man was senior vice president of accounts at the #4 agency.
他是美國廣告代理協會客戶部的高級副總裁
There's gonna be a lot of vulnerable clients in attendance.
屆時會有許多前往吊唁的客戶
I think Roger knew him. Sorry to interrupt.
羅杰應該認識他,不好意思打斷一下,
It's Al Weaver from glocoat. What does he want?
彩衣地板蠟的阿爾·韋弗來電,他有何貴干,
I don't know. Do you want me on the call?
不知道,要不要我去接電話,
Didn't you talk with him this morning?
你今天早上不是跟他談過了嗎
No.
不必了
Al how are you? Hello Don.
阿爾,你好啊,唐,你好,
I'm glad I could reach you. I just wanted to let you know
很高興能聯系到你,我只是想讓你知道
we appreciate everything you've done for us
我們很感激你們為本公司所做的一切
but we've decided to take the account in a different direction.
但我們決定將業務交給其他廣告公司經營
All right Al
聽著,阿爾
I want you to know it wasn't an easy decision.
我想告訴你,做出這樣的決定也是迫不得已
Now can I talk? Sure.
能讓我說幾句嗎,當然,
I don't think you understand what's happened here.
我認為你并不了解我們當前的情況
And I'm not talking about losing Lucky Strike.
我指的不是失去幸福時光這件事
Lucky Strike didn't enter into it. Really?
我們的決定跟幸福時光沒有任何關系,是嗎,
So that has nothing to do with this?
所以二者毫無關聯嗎
Don it's a simple coincidence that it happened now.
唐,時間上的相近純屬巧合
Okay you're right. It is bad timing.
好吧,你說的對,確是時運不濟
How can you blame us for wanting to move on?
我們想另擇良木也無可厚非吧
Because that commercial that little cowboy kid
因為那個廣告,那個小牛仔
was the first successful strategy you've been near
是自你贊助《小騙子麥吉與莫莉》之后
since you sponsored Fibber McGee and molly.
第一個成功的廣告戰略
We won the Clio!
我們還借此獲得了克里奧獎
You won the Clio. With work we did for you!
是你獲了克里奧獎,那是為你們的產品而做的,
With your direction!
你們功不可沒
Believe me we know how it looks
相信我,我知道那個廣告很精彩
But it's just business plain and simple.
但生意場上就是這樣的,樹倒猢猻散
I'm coming out there. We're gonna talk about this in person.
我馬上就過來,我們得私下談談
I'm sorry Don. The decision's been made.
很抱歉,唐,木已成舟了
I just thought you should hear it from me.
我只是覺得我應該親自告訴你
You know we're gonna want another shot at this soon.
很快你就會反過來求我們做代理的
As long as you're around.
那就看你們公司能不能撐得下去了
We'll be here. Don't worry.
我們會屹立不倒的,用不著你操心
Good luck Don.
祝好運,唐
I hope we can work together again sometime.
我希望以后還能有機會與你合作
Okay. Goodbye.
好吧,再見,
Goodbye.
再見
What was that?
剛才什么聲音
Nothing.
沒什么
Do you want ice? No but I need a favor.
想要冰塊嗎,不要,但是我要你幫個忙,
Make sure I don't overdo it. Okay.
不要讓我喝多了,好吧,
How do I um it's hard to tell with you.
我怎么...我怎么知道你有多大酒量
Stop me at three. This is one.
在第三杯的時候阻止我,這是第一杯
The doctor says they never let the labor go past two sunsets.
醫生說分娩時間超過兩天就會有危險了
What exactly is the problem?
到底是什么問題
Apparently Trudy's pelvis is too small
特魯迪的盆骨明顯過小
And the baby's shoulders can't get through.
寶寶的肩膀無法通過
They should cut it out. They don't like to start there.
那應該做剖腹產,醫生通常不推薦這么做,
Go to the hospital. There's nothing to do here.
去醫院吧,這兒沒你什么事了
It's obviously what matters to you. What?
很明顯你老婆生孩子更重要,什么,
I don't know what the hell you said to them this morning.
我不知道你早上對他們說了些什么
So Joan that puts us at what? 20 million and change?
那么,瓊,現在還有多少資產,兩千萬多一點嗎
Are you doubting my efforts?
你是在質疑我的努力嗎
All you had to do was tell them everything was fine.
你只需要安撫住他們,告訴他們萬事大吉
You think that call's easy to make?
你覺得我打那通電話很容易嗎
I think you're distracted.
我覺得你根本六神無主
Because of that I think you scared the shit out of 'em.
正因如此,才引起了他們的極大恐慌
Who the hell do you think you're talking to?
你以為你在跟誰說話呢
Don't blow a gasket.
千萬要沉住氣
He called looking for me and my secretary told him where I was.
他打電話找我,我秘書跟他說了我在這兒
Incredible.
難以置信
That was something else.
那又是另外一回事了
There he is the man of the hour.
終于來了,準爸爸現身了
Ted. How considerate of you to stop by.
泰德,感謝你能抽空前來
I wish the baby was here already
我希望寶寶已經降生了
But I'm sure everyone feels that way.
我估計每個人都是這么想的吧
Good news is always worth waiting for.
千金難買是佳音嘛
Well Jeannieremember:
珍妮,你要知道
Don't let your vanity get the best of you.
別為了輩分的增長而暗自神傷
There is nothing wrong with being called grandma.
即使兒孫滿堂,你依然魅力難當
It's a rattle. You can get it engraved.
是一個撥浪鼓,可以找人刻上寶寶的名字
Ogilvy sent me one when my son was born.
奧格威在我兒子出生的時候也送了一個
Thank you. What do you want Ted?
謝謝,你有什么事嗎,泰德
No this is about what you want.
不,你應該考慮一下自己的未來了
I mean you're about to have everything the minute that baby comes.
我是說,孩子一出生你就擁有一切了
You know your fatherinlaw never stops talking about you?
你知道你岳父一直對你贊不絕口吧
He doesn't know the half of it.
實際上他還有很多不知道的
You've brought in a little business since you went out on your own
你憑借自己一人之力,為公司帶去了不少的客戶
Glocoat Life Cereal
彩衣地板蠟,新生活燕麥片
Sugarberry Hams Vick Chemical obviously
舒格伯里火腿,很明顯,還有維克制藥
Mountain Dew Fillmore auto Birdseye Ponds?
激浪,菲爾莫爾,伯利茲,旁氏
I didn't do all that by myself.
這些可不是靠我一人之力實現的
Pete as far as I'm concerned you're what's missing from C.G.C.
皮特,在我看來, C.G.C正缺你這樣的人才,
Jim Cutler's due to retire.
吉姆·卡特勒退休在即
Gleason & Chaough"?
新的C.G.C公司,"Campbell(Campbell的首字母也是C與原本Cutler中的C相同)
Has a nice ring to it.
讀起來朗朗上口
Wouldn't you want your name first?
你不想你的名字排第一個嗎
I'm open to it if we're having that discussion.
這個可以再商議,完全無所謂的
You'll have a full voting third.
你會擁有三分之一的表決權
I'm not Don.
我可不是唐
It's not the wild west.
C.G.C也不是西部蠻荒之地
We just got Alfa Romeo little Italian sports car.
我們跟阿爾法羅密歐合作了,一種小型意大利跑車
I don't know if you've heard of it
不知道你是否聽說過
but I think you'll really enjoy driving one.
但你肯定會期待開一輛的
I don't drive. I'll teach you.
我不會開車,我會教你的,
Tom Jeannie my offer still stands.
湯姆,珍妮,我說話算話
If you want a hotel room I can get you one across the street.
你們要訂房的話,我可以到街對面弄一間
Roger. I let you come over
羅杰,我讓你來
because you said you needed to talk. We can talk.
是因為你說你有話要說,現在說吧
Joanie I need you. Stop it
瓊妮,我需要你,住手,
or we can talk on the phone.
否則我們還是繼續在電話里談吧
Is that what you sleep in now?
你現在就住在這里
What do you want? I'm exhausted!
你到底想要什么,我已經心力交瘁了
I waited for you at the hotel.
我一直在酒店等你
Why didn't you come? Are you mad at me? No.
為什么沒來,生我的氣了嗎,沒有,
Roger I can't do this anymore.
羅杰,我不能再這樣下去了
You always say that.
這話你不是第一次說了
Then you come back to me
但你最后還是回到我身邊
because we belong together. Don't do that.
因為我們無法分離,別這樣,
I need you right now.
我現在需要你
Because I'm a port in a storm?
只因我是個避風港嗎
No. Because I feel like shit
不是,因為我心情很不好
and you care about me.
而且我知道你關心我
I'm not a solution to your problems.
但我無法解決你的難題
I'm another problem.
我也是你的難題
Are you serious?
你說真的嗎
I can't do this anymore.
我不能再繼續這樣了
You'll change your mind. You'll see.
你會改變主意的,你會明白的
I'm sorry.
對不起
I just can't do this anymore.
真不能再繼續了
So what are you trying to say?
你到底想跟我說什么
Roger.
羅杰
So that night we got mugged
我們被搶的那晚
that was the last time?
是最后的溫柔嗎
Wish I'd known that.
我早明白過來就好了
God I'd think this place would be packed still.
老天,我以為公司還如往常般忙碌呢
It's 8:00.
都8點了
There's only so much we can pretend like we're doing.
而且目前只有這點兒事情可做
Are you okay? You want something?
你沒事吧,喝點什么嗎,
I'd rather eat but that's me.
我更想"吃"點東西,不知你意下如何
I'm one over for the day.
隨時恭候
See that?
瞧,
I kissed you and it got quiet.
我吻了你之后,就安靜了
How'd it go? It was...
情況如何,有點...
miserable.
悲慘
Clients are running scared.
客戶四散而去
I'm used to having my ideas rejected not me.
創意被否決,我倒是習慣了,可我無法忍受自己也被否決
How do you do it?
你怎么樣呢
My job is to present facts.
我的工作就是呈現事實
If they're unhappy with the agency it's not my problem.
要是客戶對廣告公司不滿意,那可不是我的錯
Who's unhappy?
誰不滿意
Come on. Clients are always unhappy.
拜托,客戶向來都難得稱心如意
Like who?
比如呢
Are you kidding? No.
你說笑吧,沒有,
Why? I'm drowning here.
不行嗎,我這邊正在做垂死掙扎呢
You know I can't do that.
你知道我不能那樣做
If a client is unhappy they're unhappy.
如果客戶不滿意,那就是無法改變的事實
There's nothing against telling them to have dinner with me.
你幫我約他們吃飯,有何不可
If you don't want to tell me who they are.
如果你不愿意當中間人,告訴我他們是誰就行
I'll call'em out of the blue.
我可以親自約他們
I can't do that.
我不能那樣做
Sure you can. Who'll know?
有何不可,誰會知道啊
The standard of ethics in this business is low enough.
廣告行業的道德底線已經夠低了
God knows I've done some things I'm not proud of
我當然也曾做過一些不光彩的事
but those other agencies pay me.
但那些公司雇我效力,我不能背叛他們
What about protecting the clients?
但你這樣做對客戶來說是有利的
So I'm gonna kill my business to save yours?
我要犧牲我的業務,來幫你走出困境嗎
It's not your business. It's Atherton's. This is different.
那不是你的業務,是阿瑟頓的,不一樣
This is everything to me. I don't believe this.
我只能孤注一擲了,難以置信,
You want a shoulder to cry on fine.
你要一個肩膀尋求安慰,沒問題
You want to throw me to the wolves so you can save your neckforget it.
可你為求自保,就把我往火坑里推,沒門
I would do it for you.
如果你我位置互換,我會為你這么做的
I would never ask.
我根本不會向你開口
I would never use you like that.
我絕不會像那樣利用你
Because I know the difference
因為我知道
between what we have and this stupid office.
私人感情和職業道德是不能混淆一談的
Mr. Cosgrove says Playtex just left the hotel.
科斯格羅夫先生說倍得適的人剛從賓館出發
Thank you.
謝謝
God I'm so nervous.
天吶,我太緊張了
You need to relax.
你得放松一下
I can't do this drunk.
喝醉了還怎么做展示
I know a technique
我知道一個妙招
that can really take the nerves away.
可以消除緊張
I learned it from a Yogi.
我跟一個瑜伽行者學的
Show me. Close your eyes.
來吧,閉上雙眼,
Take a deep breath.
深呼吸
Fill your lungs until you can't anymore.
用盡全力,吸氣
Stick out your stomach.
腹部向前傾
Now release it in a cool stream right in my face.
現在放松,朝著我呼一口氣
Hey! What are you doing?
你干什么呢
You said you wanted to relax so...
你說你想放松啊,那么
Let's relax. Stan no.
我們一起放松啊,斯坦,住手,
Oh come on. You're so horny I can smell it on your breath.
得了吧,我知道你欲火難耐,面帶春容
Stan knock it off.
斯坦,住手
Hey I saw you with the delivery boy yesterday.
我昨天看見你跟那個送貨員打得火熱呢
What? He's my boyfriend.
什么,他是我男朋友
Oh come on baby. It's the end of the world.
拜托,小寶貝,來一場世界末日的激情大戰吧
Why do you keep making me reject you?
為什么你非要逼我討厭你
I was trying to do you a favor.
我只是想幫你個忙
Well thank you. I'm not anxious anymore.
是嗎,多謝,我一點都不緊張了
Should I get the door? No. It didn't get any worse.
要關上門說嗎,沒必要,情況糟糕透頂了,
What exactly did he say?
他究竟怎么說的
He said they were terrified about
他說他們非常惶恐
the British banning cigarette ADs from TV
因為英國禁止在電視上播出香煙廣告
and they need to cut costs.
而且他們需要減少開支
Maybe it's a good time to get out of this business.
或許現在放棄幸福時光正是最佳時機
That's crap. Sales were up 10%.
荒謬,他們的銷售額上漲了10%
You do what you can do.
有本事你來啊
David Montgomery's memorial is in 40 minutes
大衛·蒙哥馬利的追悼會四十分鐘后
at the River Club. David Montgomery died?
在清河殯儀館舉行,大衛·蒙哥馬利死了嗎,
Well there's your silver lining.
這就是你們所謂的一線生機嗎
Who the hell wants to go to that?
哪有客戶愿意去啊
We're trying to get new accounts.
我們試圖去那兒結識新客戶
Remember how to do that? You wanna dogpile on me?
你還記得怎么找吧,要我去跑腿,
Saving that account was impossible.
留住那個客戶是不可能的
Because you ignored it!
因為你疏忽了
One dam account and you ignored it.
你就負責一個客戶,你卻疏忽了
You don't know what you're talking about.
你知不知道你在說什么
Pete explain it to him.
皮特,你跟他解釋一下
You squeezed me off of it Roger.
你叫我別插手的,羅杰
You wanted it all to yourself.
你要一個人干
He would have never let this happen.
如果他插手,這一切都不會發生
But you do what you can do which is nothing.
你有對策你就全力補救啊,可你毫無作為
Hey. You're the one who dragged me into your amateur hour.
嘿,是你拉我建立新公司,造成這一堆爛攤子的
I was perfectly happy where I was.
在舊公司我原本過得十分愜意
Why did I do it? Out of friendship.
我這么做是何苦呢,為了我們的友誼啊
But now that the account's gone I guess that went with it.
既然客戶都走了,友誼也沒了
Get out of here all of you. Go chase a hearse.
出去,都出去,去送葬去吧
Sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打擾
Mr. Campbell your fatherinlaw called.
坎貝爾先生,您岳父來電話了
Your wife and your daughter are resting comfortably.
母女平安,正在做產后休養
Oh. Just now?
剛剛嗎
Yes it happened. You've got a baby girl.
是的,已經出生了,是個千金
Congratulations. Good job.
恭喜,不錯啊,
Thank you Megan.
謝謝,梅根
Okay we should get going.
好了,我們該走了
Let me get my coat.
我去拿外套
Where does Draper get off?
德雷柏要去哪
Lee Garner Jr. Never took you seriously
小李·加勒從來沒把你當回事
because you never took yourself seriously.
因為你從來沒把自己當一回事
Are you ready? Mmm.
準備好了嗎,好了,
No hard feelings?
不緊張了吧
None at all.
輕松自如
Everything good?
我狀態還好吧
Absolutely.
很好
And so I think about that night
遙想當晚
Staring out the window of that Detroit hotel room
在底特律賓館的房間里,星光在窗外閃爍
knowing we were going home with Buick
我們知道,別克終于成了我們的客戶
and saying to David
我對大衛說
"Is this the best thing we're ever going to do?"
"這是我們做的最有意義的事吧"
Lynn it was your fifth birthday.
琳恩,那天是你五歲生日
The next day when we were in the airport
第二天我們在機場時
he showed me this pendant he'd bought the day before downtown.
他拿出在市區買的吊墜給我看
As he closed the box he said
他蓋上首飾盒,對我說
"Crosby that's the best thing I'll ever do."
"克羅斯比,這才是我做的最有意義的事"
I know it's hard
我知道你很難過
But Dave loved you more than anything sweetheart.
但親愛的,大衛愛你勝過一切
that's Stu Carlsbad from Ralston Purina.
羅斯頓普里納公司的斯圖·克羅斯比(一家生與銷售各種飼料與谷物食品的企業)
He's always ripe.
他總是醉醺醺的
We have dog food experience.
我們有狗糧廣告的經驗
I've got him.
我去和他談
I don't know how prepared I am
我不知道我準備得夠不夠充分
But Dave was always a fan of winging it.
但大衛總是喜歡臨場發揮
Beth his beautiful wife.
貝薩,他美麗的妻子
You were there before he made partner
在他成為合伙人之前你一直陪伴著他
And then you gave him to us
然后把他交給我們
But you know you and Lynnie were always on his mind.
但你要知道,他心中永遠牽掛著你和琳恩
True story.
真實經歷
We'd been in london for three months
我們曾在倫敦呆了三個月
Trying to nail down british petroleum.
想要搞定英國石油公司的案子
Never happened.
但沒成功
But once a week he would drag me to portobello road
但每周他都會拉我去波特貝羅路
Looking for thimbles for your collection Lynn.
幫你收集頂針
Silver thimbles.
銀頂針
And he was an expert.
他可是行家
It's because playtex is strong enough
因為倍得適手套防護性強
to protect a woman's hands.
足以保護女性的手
Through her fingertips she can dry the tears of a child
透過指尖,她可以幫孩子拭干淚水
Or feel the warmth of her husband's skin.
還可以感受到丈夫皮膚的溫暖
Playtex protects a woman's touch.
倍得適,保護女人的敏感觸覺
It's very romantic. I have to admit
我不得不承認,這創意太浪漫了
When you first brought it up
你一開始提出的時候
I didn't think that was possible for latex gloves.
我還覺得乳膠手套不太可能實現這些功能
These images are about the moments after the housework is over.
這些情景都是女性做完家務之后的事
They're about the meaningful life
關于她們有意義的生活
A woman leads when work is done.
當做完家務,女性的情感追求
Well I feel pretty good about this.
我覺得這創意相當不錯
Peggy our pleasure.
佩奇,謝謝
We're thrilled to get this in the first try.
我們都有點等不及看成品了
Well I'm gonna let you get back to the hotel
我送你們回酒店
And then steaks and a show.
晚上吃牛排大餐,看表演
That went well.
進行得還不錯吧
You have lipstick all over your teeth.
你牙齒上都沾滿了口紅
What?
什么
Why are you still here?
你怎么還沒走
I didn't know if I should leave or not.
我不知道該不該先走
How was the funeral? We'll see.
葬禮怎么樣,還不知道,
Get me the campaign briefs on Ken's accounts
給我肯的客戶的簡報
And then you can go.
然后你就可以走了
And send Peggy in.
順便叫佩奇來見我
Miss Olson's gone for the night
奧爾森小姐已經走了
But if you need help
但如果你需要幫忙的話
Did you do that?
這是你弄的嗎
I thought in the end you wouldn't want to throw it away.
我覺得你其實并不忍心扔掉它
You're wrong.
你錯了
That commercial was great
那個廣告真的棒極了
And nothing they do can change that.
任何事都無法改變這一事實
I'll take those.
拿給我吧
Thank you. You can go.
謝謝,你可以走了
You sure you don't want some help?
你真的不用我幫忙嗎
This is a little complicated.
這很復雜的
That's okay. I'd really like to learn what goes on here.
沒關系,我早就想學一下廣告方面的事了
Really.
真的嗎
Well first of all I think it would help me
嗯,首先我覺得,了解廣告業的相關知識
From making mistakes with your work the way I have.
可以減少我工作中的失誤
And secondly
其次
I think I'd like eventually to do what you do
我覺得我想嘗試一下你所從事的工作
Or what miss Olson does.
還有奧爾森小姐的工作
I didn't know that.
我不知道你還有這個志向呢
Unless you'd rather be alone.
除非你想一個人呆著
I don't want to be in the way.
我不想為您添麻煩
No. I don't mind.
沒關系,留下來吧
This is a strategy statement signed by fillmore auto parts.
這是菲爾莫爾汽車零部件的廣告戰略策劃
Copywriters stray from these midstream sometimes
有時,文案們會偏離這一主旨
If they have a better idea
因為他們覺得自己的創意更佳
But we can't take that chance now.
但現在,我們不能冒這個險
Wouldn't clients want a better idea?
難道客戶不想要更好的創意嗎
What'd you like about the commercial?
你為何喜歡那則廣告
You're putting me on the spot. Um...
這問題有點難回答
I know it's a floor wax
我知道那只是則地板蠟廣告
but I really remember that feeling of being a little kid
但它真的勾起了我對童年的回憶
And feeling like I was being punished
感覺那個被責罰的小孩就是我
when my mother cleaned the house.
因為我弄臟了母親辛苦打掃的地板
Where are you from? Montreal.
你是哪里人,蒙特利爾,
We didn't have glocoat.
我小時候還沒有彩衣地板蠟
Why'd you move here? Well first of all it's New York.
為什么搬來這里,因為這里是紐約啊,
For an artist it's mecca.
簡直是藝術家的圣地
You're an artist?
你是藝術家
I wouldn't say I'm an artist.
不敢當
I'm an artistic person. I majored in literature
興趣罷了,我主修文學的
And I've dabbled in writing and painting
寫作和繪畫也有涉足
And a little bit of acting.
還有表演
What are you laughing about?
你笑什么
Because I just realized
我剛發現
I know everything about you.
我知道你所有的事
I mean you're in my head all day
我腦子里幾乎每天都是你
Even when I go home.
即使是回家之后也這樣
And you don't know anything about me.
可你卻對我一無所知
Well you haven't been here that long.
你來的時間太短了
And you don't know how long I will be
你也不知道我會呆多久
So why get to know me?
所以何必花時間了解我
I can see that's what everybody must think.
我估計所有秘書都是這么想的
You judge people on their work.
你通過工作能力判斷一個人
I'm the same way.
我也一樣
Everything else is sentimental.
其他的都不重要
You want one? How many is that?
你要來一杯嗎,你喝了幾杯了,
Four.
四杯
I know you're angry but I hope you're not afraid
我知道你很生氣,但我希望你不要害怕
Because you will get through this.
因為你一定會渡過難關的
You don't know that.
誰也不敢保證
Why do you care what I think?
你干嘛在乎我的想法
Megan I don't think this is a good idea.
梅根,這樣似乎不太好
This has nothing to do with work.
這與工作無關
I can't make any mistakes right now.
我現在不能犯任何錯誤
Let's be clear.
先聲明
I'm not gonna run out of here crying tomorrow.
我明天不會哭著從這里跑出去的
I just want you right now.
我現在只想要你
Hey. Where are you going?
嘿,你要去哪兒
I'm exhausted.
我很累了
How was your day?
今天怎么樣
Fine.
還可以
I know how to make it better.
我知道怎么能讓你高興一點
I'm really tired.
我真的很累了
Sit down.
坐下
What'd you buy?
你買了什么
Look.
自己看
Look at it.
看看
Sign it.
幫我簽個名
"To my loving wife."
獻給我摯愛的妻子,
I'm so proud of you.
我真為你感到驕傲
You should go first. Actually I should go first.
你先走吧,算了,還是我先走
Do you want to grab a bite?
你想去吃點什么嗎
I want you to go home
我想你回家
And I want you to sleep.
今晚不要再喝酒了
And I don't want you drinking any more tonight.
然后好好睡一覺
Wait. Did you want to go first?
等下,你要先走嗎
Good night Mr. Draper.
晚安,德雷柏先生
Didn't expect to see you here.
你怎么來了
I was gonna call
我本來想先打電話的
But I didn't want to do this over the phone.
但我不想在電話里說
So you were gonna write it on an envelope.
所以你就寫了封信嗎
Can I come inside?
我能進去嗎
I got you a meeting with Heinz.
我安排了你和亨氏食品的人見面
It's vinegar sauces and beans.
他們主要做醋,醬油還有豆類
They're at Ketchum Macleod and they're restless.
他們現在是凱麥公司的客戶,但他們不是很滿意
Faye. I thought about what you said
菲婭,我將你說的話又思考了一遍,
I thought about you...
我想到你
And I thought about whatever. You are my life right now.
想到了太多的東西,現在你就是我的全部
You didn't have to do this.
你不必這么做的
I wanted to.
我心甘情愿的
Thank you.
謝謝
You're welcome.
不客氣
Do you wanna stay?
你要留下來嗎
I'll probably fall asleep on you.
我可能會在你身上睡過去
Just sit with me.
陪我坐會兒就好