Gossip girl here,
"八卦天后"在此
Your one and only source
這是您了解曼哈頓名流們
into the scandalous lives of manhattan's elite.
緋聞的唯一渠道
My mom's filing for divorce.
我媽媽提出離婚申請了
I'd love the chance to talk to her
我希望能有機會和她談談
So she could see for herself just how much I've changed.
讓她親眼看到我已改變了許多
I should hear your father out.
我應該等到你父親出獄
Really nice seeing your mother up here after all this time.
很高興能看到你母親來這兒
Yeah.
是啊
Just in time, too, right?
來的真及時啊,對吧
Just in time for what?
什么及時
Your father's parole.
你父親的假釋啊
Serena and colin are over. Do not continue
瑟琳娜和科林已經結束了
to jeopardize her future.
別再謀劃著如何毀她前程了
If only he were the only teacher
除非科林是瑟琳娜
Serena had an inappropriate relationship with.
唯一與之亂搞過的老師
Serena's in the hospital.
瑟琳娜進了醫院
Oh, my god. You drugged her? That was not part of the plan.
天啊,你讓她嗑藥了嗎,這可不是原計劃
Look, this isn't just about you anymore.
聽著,這已經不單是你一人的事情了
I was wondering if you wanted to discuss
我想請你們商量下是否應為她的康復
a place for her recovery.
找個合適的地方
Ostroff center.
送到康復中心吧
Your daughter wakes up alone, drugged,
你女兒醒來時孤身一人在空蕩的旅館中
in an empty motel room, and you just have her committed.
還被下藥了,你只知道給她找地方關起來
Juliet may have been behind Serena's overdose.
茱麗葉可能是瑟琳娜這件事的幕后黑手
What do you say we find that bitch
我們找到那個臭婆娘后
And get us a little frontier justice?
替天行道給她點顏色看,你覺得怎樣
Spotted--Dan and Blair exiting Sat Ambroeus
現場播報,丹和布萊爾二人手持著美式黑咖啡
with espresso doppio for two, but we hear it's not
走出了桑塔布柔斯(紐約餐館)但他們
the caffeine that's got them talking a mile a minute.
可不是為了一同享用咖啡
It's a mission.
而是為了策劃任務
So Juliet dressed up like Serena
茱麗葉打扮成瑟琳娜的樣子
at saints and sinners to destroy her relationships
來到化裝舞會,打算破壞她與我和
with me and Nate.
內特之間的關系
And enlists Vanessa and Jenny to mess with me.
然后又唆使瓦內薩和珍妮來整我
Which is devious and pathetic, but let's face it,
雖說這聽起來是狡詐可悲的,但我們得仔細想想
around here, it's just another Saturday night.
事情發生在這里,不過是一般的周六夜生活罷了
Well, you can't show up at a masked ball and not expect
但是你不可能大費周章來到舞會
at least one social-climbing doppelganger
只為了尋求一個約會的機會
to try and impersonate you.
亦或是來假扮你這么簡單
But then, according to Jenny, Juliet posted a photo of herself
但根據珍妮的說法,茱麗葉用自拍
as serena doing coke.
來模仿瑟琳娜嗑藥
And for that, she will be judged by a higher power, but we've
這個行為的確該被更權威的地方處置,但我們...
we've seen worse.
我們見識過比這更卑鄙的事
Well, I was gonna say "Done worse," But yes.
或者說,我們"做過"比這更卑鄙的事
Okay, but then... Serena wakes up in a motel room
好吧,但那之后,瑟琳娜在一個汽車旅館醒來
After almost O.D.Ing.
在差不多嗑藥過量之后
And that is where the "Juliet express"
這就是茱麗葉所謂的
goes off the rails and heads straight for crazy town.
整人于無形,而后又可以揚長而去
The next thing we know, Serena wakes up,
我們所知的下件事,就是瑟琳娜醒來后
insists she didn't go on a bender.
堅稱自己沒有去尋歡作樂
But then the photo shows up online, and she starts
但之后她的照片被公諸于網絡,她也開始
to doubt herself and checks herself into the ostroff,
懷疑自己是否真的磕過藥,并回到了康復中心
which brings us up to the present.
也就是現在的情形
The thing we need to figure out is why.
我們要搞清茱麗葉這么做的動機
I mean, Colin, Nate, Hamilton House?
我是說,為了科林,內特,還是漢密爾頓之家
None of that explains taking things so far.
這些解釋不了她這么執著的原因
Well, as someone well-acquainted with the darker human emotions,
當問道人類的陰暗面這一問題時
Let me offer my theory.
請允許我闡述獨家理論
There is only one motive powerful enough to fuel
只有一件事能讓她如此處心積慮
a gaslighting like this, and that is retribution.
來毀滅一個人,那就是復仇
Retribution for what?
為了什么而復仇呢
I know I've already said this,
我知道我已經說過了
But I'm really proud of you, and so is mom.
但我還想再說一次,我以你為榮,媽媽也是
Is that why she's here, to tell me herself?
這是她來這的原因嗎,想親自跟我說這個
Do I even wanna know where she is?
我是不是該問問她現在人在哪呢
She and Chuck are meeting with a reporter
她和恰克去見郵報記者了
from "The post" This morning, some profile on bass industries.
討論一些關于拜斯集團的事情
Oh, "The post," Because they have such
去見記者了嗎,就因為他們
award-winning business coverage.
能做出有利于商業化的報導嗎
Oh, don't tell me you detect a whiff of edu damage control.
別跟我說你察覺出這對你有何不利影響了
Mom's classic scent brings back
媽媽的經典手段
the fondest memories of childhood.
又讓我找到了童年的影子
I am way ahead of you there,
這個問題有我作為前車之鑒
But when I confronted her about it, she didn't deny it.
當初她遭逢我的事情時,也沒有坐視不管
Bass industries is a family-run company,
拜斯集團是個家族企業
And like it or not, what the family does
但不管你喜歡與否,家族成員的所作所為
affects what people think about it.
是會影響外人對于企業的看法的
I know I've put her in a tough position,
我知道我讓她深陷窘境
But please promise me that you'll try to keep her honest
但你要跟我保證,她關于我的行蹤和
about where I am and what's going on.
現在的事態發展能據實坦承
No stories about aunt carol's
不要像你在這里時編造什么
in miami like when you were here.
在卡蘿阿姨家的謊言了
I-I am on it, although that marlins jersey
好的,其實巴特?拜斯在我住院時
that bart bass bought me that year for christmas
作為圣誕禮物送我的棒球衫
Would look great on you.
穿你身上看起來更合適
Serena, Eric.
瑟琳娜,艾瑞克
So... Have you made a decision?
你已經做好決定了嗎
what do you mean, no visitors?
你說的禁止訪客是什么意思
I don't think you realize who we are.
我想你不清楚我們是誰吧
Who she thinks she is, is more like. Look, I'm family.
可能她有點自以為是了,我是她家人好吧
I'm Serena's brother, or stepbrother, technically,
我是瑟琳娜的哥哥,準確來說應該叫繼兄
Which I do mostly try to put out of my mind
所以我想表明的是
seeing as we dated pretty seriously--
我們曾經的相處是很認真的...
Humphrey, they treat people in here
漢弗瑞,他們不希望
for less serious complexes than that.
訪客的身份過于復雜好吧
Do you wanna get committed? I'll just call her.
你想接受審查嗎,我還是給她打個電話吧
I'm sure that we're on her list.
我很確信我們在她的訪客名單上
There is no list,
根本沒有什么名單
And her phone is locked away in a drawer somewhere.
她的電話也鎖在了抽屜里的某個角落
Look, Serena's doctor recommended
瑟琳娜的主治醫生建議
that she start her treatment with 72 hours, no contact.
她的72小時療程最好避免打擾
That includes me, my mom, and you guys.
所以也包括了我,我媽媽,和你們
No, but serena doesn't need to be here.
但瑟琳娜根本沒理由呆在這
Juliet was behind everything.
茱麗葉才是幕后黑手
And we have some questions for her.
我們只想問她幾個問題而已
Whatever screwy series of events got her in the front door,
無論是什么復雜的事情導致了她現在的情形
she's here now, and she's getting the help.
她已經在這了,并且在接受幫助
She's probably needed for a long time,
她可能需要比較長的時間
So whatever you're up to, you need to do it without Serena.
所以無論你們打算做什么,都別扯上瑟琳娜
Looks like someone's gonna have a busy holiday season.
看來某人要度過一個繁忙的假期了
Well, unfortunately, they're all followed up
很遺憾的是,總是有禮貌的電話
by a polite phone call asking if your father will be attending.
來詢問我你的父親是否會出席這些邀請
Or in the case of Lily's holiday party
或者像莉莉的假日聚會一樣
for bass industries, a handwritten note
用一個小便簽寫著"為了拜斯集團"
Saying she hopes I understand.
寫著她希望我能理解她的處境
Wow, I guess I always thought the mean girls
我想壞女孩兒們長大后
got a little nicer once they grew up.
都會變得更和藹可親了吧
and had kids of their own.
她們的孩子也應如此
Quite the opposite, I'm afraid.
恐怕正好相反吧
Yeah.
是啊
But no party is more important than family.
但是沒有什么聚會比家庭更重要
Yeah. About that...
是啊,關于這件事...
Nate, what is it?
內特,怎么了
So I really appreciate
我很感激
everything you've been doing for dad, and I, you know,
你為爸爸做的每件事
Wanna make sure he deserved the chance you're giving him.
我只想讓你知道,他是值得你付出的
So I called the business manager and asked if dad had been
我跟業務經理取得過聯系
in contact, made any plans for when he got out.
問他是否為爸爸出獄后的事情做過規劃
Please tell me he didn't book a one-way flight to the caribbean.
別告訴我他買了去加勒比的單程機票
No, but he did ask about leasing a house outside the city.
這倒沒有,但是他說爸爸想在外邊租間房子
Why wasn't I told about this?
他為何沒跟我說過
He wanted to tell you.
他本想告訴你的
Dad begged him not to say anything.
但是爸爸求他別跟你說
I already said you'd find out soon enough.
我跟他說過你遲早會知道的
It was supposed to be a surprise.
這本應是個驚喜
I wish I was surprised.
我怎么沒覺得驚喜
So he uses our address to get parole,
所以他利用我們來得到假釋
Then uses my money to get his own place. Same old howard.
然后利用我的錢去置自己的地,本性難移
I'm sorry, mom.
對不起,媽媽
I understand if you don't wanna go through with this.
我很明白你不想再經歷這些了
I just, you know, I really thought he had changed.
我只是,我真的以為他改過自新了
So did I.
我也是
I'll call the lawyers.
我等下給律師打個電話
I got you into this mess, okay?
是我把你扯了進來
I'll go to dad. I'll tell him.
我去找老爸,讓我來跟他說
We can't do nothing for three days.
這三天里我們不能就這么干等著
Who knows how far Juliet could get in that time?
誰知道這幾天里茱麗葉會干出些什么
Yeah, I think we just gotta tell my dad and Lily
沒錯,我看還是跟我爸和莉莉說一聲
what Juliet did with these pills is against the law.
茱麗葉用這些藥做的事可是犯法的
Police and parents,
警察和父母
of course that's your plan, Humphrey.
果然是你想出來的計劃,漢弗瑞
Or we could sneak in to see Serena.
或許我們能偷溜去看看瑟琳娜
That receptionist got a pretty good look at me,
那個接待員看我的臉色還不錯
but maybe with a wig...
但也許我需要頂假發
That's your plan-- disguises and accents?
這就是你的計劃嗎,偽裝和變聲
I never said anything about accents. Can you do any?
我從沒提過變聲二字,你可以嗎
No, look, Eric is right.
不,聽我說,艾瑞克說得沒錯
We need to leave Serena out of this
我們不該把瑟琳娜牽扯進來
and just find Juliet on our own.
就讓我們自己去找茱麗葉吧
Well, Colin is her cousin.
好吧,科林是她的表哥
We could track him down
我們可以查查看
at whatever economic summit he's at this week.
這周他要參加哪些經濟峰會
Well, Nate dated her.
還有,內特曾經跟她約會過
My minions knew her for a whole year
我的跟班們在我們到大學之前
before we showed up.
就認識她整整一年了
Or... there is someone
或者,別忘了還有個
who seems to know everything about everyone.
似乎掌握每個人的所有消息的家伙
Besides me, who?
除了我,還有誰
Gossip girl? She's not a Ouija board, humphrey.
八卦天后,她又不是靈應牌,漢弗瑞
You can't just ask, "Where's juliet?"
你不能直接問她茱麗葉人在哪
And expect her to point you in the right direction.
還期待她給你指條對的路
Maybe you can. Look, think about it.
或許你就行,聽我說,你想想看
You and Serena are her people,
你和瑟琳娜都是她所關注的人
not Juliet.
而茱麗葉并不是
Serena really could have been hurt, and plus
瑟琳娜確實是被人陷害的,況且她知道
I'm sure she's furious that Juliet sent in that fake photo.
是茱麗葉寄的假照片,肯定大為光火
Does she even know that it's fake?
她知道照片是假的嗎
Hey, Juliet. It's good to see you. It's been a while.
茱麗葉,真高興見到你,很久沒見了
Yeah, thanks. It's good to be home.
是啊,謝啦,回家真好
This is excruciating. What if she doesn't respond
等待真痛苦,要是她不回復怎么辦
and all we're doing is wasting valuable time?
那我們不就是在浪費寶貴的時間
Our time is not that valuable.
我們的時間沒那么寶貴
Until we know where Juliet is,
況且在弄清楚茱麗葉身在何處之前
we don't know whether we need to charter a jet
我們也不知道是否該租架噴氣機
or if your metro card will suffice for our journey.
或者你的地鐵卡是否足夠支付我們的路費
That's from her.
她回信了
Open it.
快打開
Well, I guess we have our mission.
看來我們的任務來了
Buckle up, kids.
快系好安全帶,孩子們
You up for a road trip?
準備好走一趟了嗎
Looks like this unholy alliance is hitting the road.
看來我們的邪惡同盟正要上路了
Serena, help me understand.
瑟琳娜,你得告訴我
Are you upset because of what you did
你這么沮喪是因為你所做過的事
or because you can't remember it?
還是因為你不記得做過什么了
both and... neither.
都有吧,又或者兩者都不是
You know, if you saw
你知道嗎,如果你在互聯網上
a photo of yourself on the Internet doing cocaine,
看到自己在吸食可卡因的照片
what would you think?
你會作何感想
I wouldn't know what to think. I would never do that.
我不知道,我從沒做過那事
Exactly.
這就對了
But with me, I can't be too sure.
但于我來說,我并不確定
You know, I may not remember kissing Dan and Nate
我可能不記得我親吻過丹和內特
or--or crossing Blair, but...
或是沖布萊爾發脾氣,但
you know, this wouldn't be the first time
你知道嗎,這并不是我第一次
that I had been with two guys in one night
在一個晚上周旋于兩個男人之間
or betrayed my best friend.
還背叛了我最好的朋友
That never happened.
這從來沒發生過
You're still a man in my eyes.
在我眼里你還是個男子漢
I always knew there was something. Get out!
我就知道事有蹊蹺,給我滾出去
Things had gotten so out of control,
所有的事情都失去了控制
I didn't know how to pull them back anymore.
我不知道該怎樣讓它們回到正軌
Hey, what's happening? Are you okay?
你怎么了,你還好嗎
We have to go.
我們得馬上離開
No, we can't leave him.
不,我們不能就這么扔下他
There's drugs everywhere. We can get arrested.
這里到處都是毒品,我們會被逮捕的
so I left town alone
所以我獨自離開
to Cornwall, Connecticut,
去了康涅狄格州的康沃爾
to try to start over.
想要重頭再來
Is the pedal to the metal?
你確定這油門沒壞吧
Because I swear if I shove my feet through the floor,
因為我發誓如果我用腳跑
I could run faster. At least there's no radio,
都能跑得比它快,還好這車沒有廣播
so I'm spared your horrid taste in music.
省得我還要欣賞你恐怖的音樂品味
I think we were supposed to turn there.
我想我們剛剛應該拐過去
You know, I'd tell you to stop being such a backseat driver,
我說又不是你開車,就別指指點點的了
but how can you be one when you don't even know how to drive?
況且你連開車都不會,怎么這么多話呢
I offered to get us a car service--
我都說了我可以提供轎車服務
professional driver, comfortable seats, champagne!
專業的司機,舒服的座椅,還有香檳
We're on a mission here.
我們是來執行任務的
we need to be able to move at any moment and tail people,
我們必須能夠隨時上路或是跟蹤某人
speed, if necessary.
急速前進,如果可能的話
Speed?! Please. And as for tailing someone,
急速前進,拜托,說到跟蹤某人
a stretch Hummer with a hot tub
一輛有浴缸的加長悍馬
would be more inconspicuous than this.
可要比這玩意隱蔽多了
First, my dad swapped
首先,我老爸用一把
a '69 Les Paul for this car.
六九年的電吉他換了這輛車
It's a collector's item, and second,
那可是藏家必得的對象,第二
it was either this or the Lincoln Hawk Van,
除了這個,他只能選擇林肯鷹牌面包車
which, all I'm saying, has graphics.
我說的可都是有跡可循的
Fine. We should almost be there.
很好,我們快要到了
Let me just consult the G.P.S. Oh, wait. That's me.
讓我查下GPS當然,就是我
No, but for real, Cornice should be just up here.
事實上,柯尼斯應該就在那兒
Thank you so much for your time.
您能抽空過來,我十分感謝
Enjoy your holiday.
假期愉快
We really appreciate
我們十分欣賞
"The post's" Interest in the company.
貴公司的郵報股份項目
Bye. Bye.
再見,再見
Ahh. Oh, my god. That was punishing.
天吶,這可真遭罪
I think my face actually hurts from smiling so much. Drink?
我想我的臉都要笑得抽筋了,來一杯嗎
Please. It's barely afternoon,
當然,雖然我很少在下午喝酒
but we've earned it.
不過這是我們應得的
Serena only came up once.
瑟琳娜就出庭了一次嗎
Yes, and I kept my promise to Eric
是的,我遵守了跟艾瑞克的承諾
to tell the truth.
絕不有所隱瞞
She is exhausted. I know I am.
她已經筋疲力盡了,我想我也是的
I think we both killed it.
我想我們都挺過來了
You talking about how proud you are
你該發表下你對我
of the work I've done at the Empire.
在帝國酒店所做的工作的驕傲之情
And you're saying what a great job I've done
那你也該說說我在管理拜斯集團董事會
leading the board at Bass.
方面做得多么出色
Well, I meant what I said.
我就是這個意思
So do I.
我也是
Mm, there was that sticky question
剛剛有人一直在問你
of when I might take back the reins of Bass Industries.
何時才能讓我重掌拜斯實業的大權
You kind of flinched when she asked you about it.
你似乎被她問得有點不耐煩了
Well, I didn't see that it was any of her business.
因為我覺得這不關她的事
It's a long ways away,
現在談這個還太早
and it was off topic.
況且今天也不是這個主題
I will want it back at some point.
有朝一日,我要重掌大權
You know that, right?
你知道的,對吧
Of course.
當然
It was never my intention
我只想做監護人
to be anything more than a custodian,
監督理事會的工作
overseeing the board
直到你能夠勝任為止
until you were ready to do it yourself.
僅此而已
I have to get ready for this party,
我得去做準備了
and the caterers are gonna be here any moment to set up,
派對負責人隨時都會過來打點
so...
那么
I'll see you tonight.
晚上見
It's a little early in the day for that, don't you think?
大清早就喝酒,不太合適吧
Things not go well?
事情不順嗎
No, actually, the interview was, um, fine.
不,采訪很順利
If this is Juliet's house,
如果這是茱麗葉的家
then she is even freakier than we thought.
那她真是比我們想的還要古怪
Who pretends to be poor?
居然裝窮
Wait a second. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen right now.
等等,我不知道現在是什么情況
If she is really in there, what's our plan?
如果她在里面,我們下一步怎么做
I mean, what are we gonna do?
我是說,該怎么辦
We're just gonna march up to her
難道就破門而入
and pull her hair?
暴打她一頓嗎
For starters.
菜鳥才這么干
Take it off.
脫掉
Yeah! Take it off, baby!
寶貝兒,快脫掉
Oh. At least he's owning it.
至少他還有那玩意兒
Juliet wouldn't be at a party like this,
茱麗葉根本不會參加這種派對
let alone host it.
更別說舉辦了
I-I don't think this is her house.
我覺得這不是她家
Well, gossip girl didn't say it was,
八卦天后又沒說這是她家
so don't just look for Juliet.
你別光顧著找茱麗葉
Look for clues.
找找線索
Body shots!
激情四溢
Or someone who has one.
或者找找線人
Damien Dalgaard?
達米恩?達爾加德
I don't understand. What changed her mind?
我不明白,她為什么改變主意了
Found out about the Rhinebeck house, dad.
她發現了萊茵貝克房子的事,爸爸
You couldn't even wait two weeks
你這么等不及,已經開始用她的錢了
before you start spending her money?
就不能再等兩個星期嗎
That's what you think?
你是這么想的嗎
Nate, your mom and I vacationed at that place
內特,我和你媽媽結婚的時候
when we were first married.
是去那里蜜月旅行的
She said it was her dream house.
那是她夢寐以求的房子
I saw it was for lease and I thought,
我看到那房子在出租,于是我想
wouldn't it be great if we could get out of the city,
如果我和你媽媽能離開這兒
just the two of us?
就我們倆,該有多好
Spend some time reconnecting,
一起享受重逢的喜悅
away from all our so-called friends.
遠離那些所謂的狐朋狗友
I'm sorry. I might have--
抱歉,也許我
Jumped to conclusions? Pretty quickly, too.
過早下結論了,是啊,真夠快的
No, you're right.
你說得對
I guess this transition's gonna be harder
我想,這一次要讓媽媽轉變態度
than we thought.
會更難了
I'll talk to mom.
我會再和她談談的
Don't bother.
別費心了
I guess you're not the only one who assumed
我想,大家都認為
I was incapable of doing something nice.
我做不了什么好事吧
I was kidding myself.
我真是想得太美了
Two of us alone in the country? Two of us together at all?
居然想和你媽媽兩個人一起住在郊外
It's been over for a long time.
我們之間早就不可能了
What does that mean when you get out? I mean...
那么你出獄后要干嘛,我的意思是
If you don't come home to mom, are you gonna--
如果你不回家,你是不是會
A halfway house? Yes, I am.
住戒護院嗎,是的
Dad, you--
爸爸,你
Nate, coming off of two years behind bars?
內特,我在監獄里蹲了兩年
A halfway house sounds pretty good to me.
戒護院是再好不過的選擇
If you wanna stick around,
你如果想再待一會兒
I got TV privileges, and, uh, the game is on.
我有看電視的特權,而且,節目快開始了
Sure. Okay.
好吧
How's your sister?
你妹妹最近怎么樣
She's good. She's been living in Hudson.
她挺好的,現在住在哈得孫
I banished her.
我把她流放到那兒的
Yeah, but it's been for the best.
嗯,不過那樣對她最好
Listen, we're not, uh, here for a reunion.
那個,我們不是來敘舊的
Yeah, me neither. I'm working.
是啊,我也是來工作的
Connecticut 'burbs,
在這康乃迪克郊區
do big business over the holidays.
打算在節日期間接點大生意
College kids come home. School is always reliable.
大學生都放假了,以學校的名義也更可靠
School?
什么學校
Yeah. Knightley. I went there.
嗯,奈特利,我在那上過學
Wait. Boarding school?
等一下,是寄宿學校嗎
Where you met Serena?
你在那認識了瑟琳娜
I didn't make the connection, but of course.
我從沒想到這點,不過沒錯
When Serena ran away,
瑟琳娜離開之后
she went to the Knightley school in Cornwall.
她去了康沃爾的奈特利寄宿學校
So do you know Juliet Sharp?
你認識茱麗葉?夏普嗎
I do. I saw her in the city about a week ago,
認識,幾周前還在城里見過她
but whatever this is, uh, I'm not getting involved.
不管你們想干嘛,我可不想被牽扯進來
Well, if you sold drugs to Juliet,
如果你賣藥給茱麗葉
then you already are.
那你就難辭其咎了
It was bad. Serena ended up in the hospital,
后果很嚴重,瑟琳娜被送進了醫院
and she says she didn't do it to herself.
而且她堅持說她沒有嗑藥
Is she okay?
她還好吧
She will be.
她會好起來
Juliet made a pretty big buy, all right?
茱麗葉買了大量的藥
She bought coke, pills,
她買了可卡因,還有些藥片
even some ether.
甚至還有乙醚
I assumed she was throwing a party
我當時以為她想哪兒開個派對
for those sorority girls
和那些聯誼會的女生一起
at whatever house.
爽一爽
Ether?
乙醚
It's like a turn-of-the-century roofie.
一種能讓你神魂顛倒的藥
So serena goes to boarding school with Damien.
也就是說瑟琳娜和達米恩一起上的寄宿學校
Damien sells drugs to Juliet.
而達米恩賣藥給茱麗葉
But what's the connection between Juliet and Serena?
可茱麗葉和瑟琳娜之間到底什么過節
You know what? Why don't we find her address
我們不如直接去她家
and go ask her ourselves?
當面問她
This is where I first met juliet.
我第一次遇到她就是在她家
She's a townie.
她可是城里人
Whoa! Watch where you're going, man!
哇,看路,伙計
What's the deal with the can opener?
這是什么破玩意兒
It's a car from Britain. It's not that weird.
是輛英國車,沒那么差勁吧
I told him we should park away from the house
我告訴過他,我們該停得遠一點
so no one would see us getting in it.
這樣沒人會看到我們坐的是這種車
Oh, shotgun, by the way.
我要坐前面
Better step on it, Juliet,
抓緊吧,茱麗葉
because your clean getaway just got very messy.
你的逃跑計劃已經被人發現啦
Let the sugar cube melt. Drop it in.
將方糖熔化,倒進去
Extinguish the flame.
把火焰熄滅
And drink up.
然后一飲而盡
Whoo! Oh, check it out. I love this song.
快聽,我超愛這首歌
Serena, wh-what do you think about a b-minus?
瑟琳娜,幫你得個B怎么樣
I want an A-plus.
我要得A+
I know. I just think it would seem pretty obvious
我知道,但突然間你的西班牙語得A+的話
if all of a sudden you started getting A's in Spanish.
作弊嫌疑就太過明顯了
I thought we were going for more of a gradual improvement.
還是慢慢進步比較說得過去
You've been studying harder
你一直努力學習
and working with a-- with a tutor.
還請了家教
Aw, my tutor.
哦,我的家教
Mrs. Sharp.
夏普夫人
Hi. Uh, we're Juliet's friends from New York.
嗨,我們是茱麗葉的紐約朋友
Is, uh, is she around?
她在家嗎
Oh. Um, no, no, she's out running some errands for me.
她不在家,出門幫我辦事去了
I see.
知道了
Um, I guess we'll-- we'll try again later.
那我們過會再來
Or maybe we can come in and wait?
或者我們進屋等
We've been dying to see her, and it was a long ride.
我們特想見到她,開了很久的車到這的
Um, sure. Sure. Come on in.
那好吧,請進
Well, what did you say your names were?
你們叫什么來著
Oh, we didn't. I'm Blair.
還沒做過自我介紹,我叫布萊爾
This is Dan and Damien.
這兩位分別是丹和達米恩
I'll put the kettle on. You guys sit.
我去燒水泡茶,你們請坐
Um, so do you go to Columbia with Jules, or...
你們是茱麗葉在哥倫比亞的同學嗎,還是
I do.
我是
Um, but Dan goes to N.Y.U.,
丹是紐約大學的
and Damien's in the school of life.
達米恩上的是"家里蹲"大學
I actually know Juliet from here.
其實我是在這兒認識的朱麗葉
I went to Knightley.
我上的奈特利中學
Oh. Uh, so I-I assume you know our Ben.
那你們肯定認識我家本了
He was a damn good teacher,
不管旁人怎么說
no matter what they say.
他絕對是個出色的老師
I don't remember a Mr. Sharp.
我不記得有一位夏普先生
No, no, his last name is Donovan--
不,他姓多諾萬
The same as my first husband.
與我第一任丈夫同姓
Do you recognize him?
你認得他嗎
Yeah, I don't know it was julies's brother.
是的,我不知道他就是茱麗葉的哥哥
well, if I taught at Knightley,
要是我在奈特利教書
I wouldn't bring my "Mystic pizza" townie family
我也不會把家里的現代灰姑娘
to school events either.
拿到學校里來當話茬說
When Serena went back to the city,
瑟琳娜回到城里之后
he got fired for sleeping with a student.
他因為和學生亂來而被解雇
Everyone was sure it was her.
大家都確信對象就是她
Is, uh, Earl Grey okay?
伯爵茶可以嗎
Actually, we won't be able to stay.
實際上,我們得走了
So you're at a new school, but it's the same old thing--
你到了新學校,但仍舊是老樣子
Partying, boys.
頻繁聚會,約會男生
Yeah, but there was one person there who was different.
是的,但那里有一個人與眾不同
Mr. Donovan, hey.
多諾萬先生
If you're wondering,
這兩杯咖啡
no, I don't plan to drink both of these coffees.
我沒打算把它們都喝了
One is actually for you.
有一杯是給你的
It's, uh, with two creams and no sugar.
里面放了兩包奶精,沒加糖
I notice that's how you take it in the dining hall.
我注意到你在食堂里就是這么放的
Thank you.
謝謝
Um, so if you don't mind, I was, um, wondering,
如果你不介意,我在想
I actually have some questions about
其實,我有一些問題想請教你
arbor imagery in the poems of Sylvia Plath.
有關西爾維亞?普拉斯詩中的喬木意象
Well, I happen to know that will be on the final next week.
嗯,我剛好知道下周的期末考里有這內容
So, uh, will you sit down?
請坐吧
Thank you.
謝謝你
Yeah, of course.
不客氣
It felt good to have someone
終于有人因為正當的學術交流
who paid attention to me for a positive reason,
對我予以重視,這讓我很開心
And we began to spend more and more time together.
之后我們在一起的時間越來越多
There wasn't a keg cracked within 10 miles
瑟琳娜原本很愛玩
that Serena didn't know about, then suddenly,
然而突然間
she started staying home, reading in her room.
她開始待在家里,專心讀書
The generous conclusion to draw would be that Serena
總而言之
was getting her act together, focusing on school.
瑟琳娜變得規規矩矩,用心學習
Yeah, but no one thought that. They assumed she was sleeping
但沒人會這么想,他們都以為
with the handsome, young English teacher.
她和帥氣年輕的英語老師勾搭上了
Was she?
到底是不是真的
Well, I always thought the best about Serena, but--
我總是把瑟琳娜往好的方面想,但是
But something made you believe it was true.
但事實讓你不得不相信這是真的
I was having dinner with my aunt at the Millbrook inn
那次我和阿姨在波基普西的
in Poughkeepsie.
米爾布魯克飯店吃晚餐
As we were heading out, I saw Serena
我們正要離開,卻看到了瑟琳娜
checking in with Mr. Donovan.
正和多諾萬先生辦入住手續
Uh, I-I can't believe we got a flat tire in that weather.
真不敢相信居然會在這種天氣遇上爆胎
A trip to the Mary Mccarthy collection
去瓦薩爾學院找瑪麗?麥卡錫作品集
at the Vassar library is so not worth it.
真是太不值了
Ah. Why don't you, uh, dry off and get something to eat?
要不你去換身衣服,再吃點東西
And I'll go take care of that car.
我去想辦法修車
What? Are you kidding? You're not going back out there.
什么,你開玩笑呢吧,你可不能出去
You'll drown.
你渾身都濕透了
The tire's not gonna fix itself.
輪胎壞了,我們就回不去了
Yeah, but it'll stop raining by morning.
是的,但天亮了雨就會停了
Maybe we could... get a room.
也許我們可以,開間房
Serena...
瑟琳娜
Come on. You can't act like you haven't thought about it.
別裝出一副想都沒想過的樣子
The ability to have thoughts and not act on them--
凡事三思而后行
It's what separates man from beast.
這就是人和動物的區別
You're not gonna quote your way out of this.
你不能就這樣退卻
I know what the stakes are for you. For me, too.
我知道你要承擔多大風險,我也一樣
But this is real on both sides,
不過這對我們雙方來說都是真實的
and if you deny it, you're lying.
如果你否認,你就是在撒謊
I'm not a liar.
我不是騙子
I'm not gonna deny anything.
我也不會否認任何事
I care about you very much, Serena...
我非常關心你,瑟琳娜
which is why I'm going to brave the weather and fix the tire
所以我頂著暴雨去修輪胎
so I can drive you home
好載你回家
so you can sleep in your own bed tonight.
讓你今晚能在自己的床上睡覺
You know, I think he was the only guy
他是唯一一個會對我
to ever say no to me. I was in love with him.
說"不"的男人,我當時就愛上了他
Well, as in love as I had ever been at that point.
從未有過的愛他
After that, I didn't know how to act around him,
在那之后,我不知道該怎么和他相處
so... we, uh, we never really talked again.
所以,我們也再沒說過話
This must have been very disappointing
這對于當時16歲
to the 16-year-old adventuress
渴望奇遇的你而說
that you were at the time,
肯定令你非常失望
But when you tell this story now,
那你現在再說這件事的時候
What does it make you think?
有什么感受
That Ben Donovan was a pretty great guy.
本是個不錯的人
Hey. Finally.
終于接電話了
what do you need, Ben?
你想怎么樣,本
What's with the mood? Mom wear you out christmas shopping?
怎么說話呢,媽媽和你出去圣誕大采購了嗎
No, we actually never made it to the mall.
不,我們沒有去商場
Dan and Blair showed up in Cornwall with Damien Dalgaard.
丹和布萊爾還有達米恩在康沃爾郡見面
Damien? What's he doing with them?
達米恩,他們怎么走到一塊的
Well, considering he's the one who sold me the pills
考慮到他就是那個看見我對瑟琳娜下藥的人
That I used on Serena, I think I have a pretty good guess.
我想我猜的八九不離十
Look, I told you the drugs were going too far.
我告訴過你下藥的事做得太過了
Never mind if they go to the cops.
他們當然會去找警察
What if those guys show up at mom's
如果他們去找媽媽
and start asking questions?
然后質問該怎么辦
Yeah, I'm sure they already did.
我相信他們已經去過了
And I'm sure they're figuring it all out right now,
他們現在都弄的水落石出了
Which is exactly why I am gonna finish this thing
正因如此,我才要去一次性了結這件事
Once and for all like I should have done in the first place.
一開始就應當這樣做的
Where are you? Are you in the city?
你在哪兒,在城里嗎
Juliet... You have done enough. Do not go after Serena.
茱麗葉,該收手了,別再對瑟琳娜窮追不舍了
If you touch her--
如果你敢動她
What? It's not like you can stop me.
你能把我怎樣,你能阻止我嗎
Hey, I-I need to make another call.
聽著我還需要打個電話
Please, you've got to let me make a call.
求你了,讓我打個電話
Okay, fine, you make the call, but someone has to warn her.
好吧,你來打電話,必須有人提醒她
Serena Van Der Woodsen.
瑟琳娜?范德?伍德森
Hey, Archibald! I'm Ben. I'm Juliet's brother.
阿齊布爾德,我是本,茱麗葉的哥哥
All right, you need to find Serena and make sure she's okay.
你務必要找到瑟琳娜確保她沒事
Wait, wait. What? Hey!
什么
Hey, man. You gotta back up from the bars, man.
兄弟,不要靠近圍欄
You can't talk to him, okay?
他無權和你說話
Hey, man, what's up?
怎么了
hey, when's the last time you talked with serena?
你上次和瑟琳娜說話是什么時候
She's not answering her phone.
她沒接電話的那次
No, they took it away. It's part of her therapy.
他們把電話拿走了,治療所需
Oh, so she's still at the Ostroff?
她還在治療中心嗎
That's good. I guess she's safe there.
太好了,在那兒就安全了
What do you mean? Safe from what?
什么意思
I was visiting my dad,
我去探望我的父親
and I ran into Juliet's brother Ben?
結果卻遇到了茱麗葉的哥哥本
He was really upset, and he, uh, seemed to think
他情緒很激動
Serena's in danger.
好像認為瑟琳娜有危險
From--from who? Juliet?
誰要下手,茱麗葉嗎
I don't know. He didn't get a chance to say.
不知道,他沒來得及說清楚
But, uh, we should probably go check on her.
但是很有可能,我們需要去看看瑟琳娜
Can you go? I'm in Staten Island.
你能去嗎,我還在史坦頓島呢
No, I'm...
不能
I'm with Blair and Damien in Connecticut.
我和布萊爾還有達米恩在康涅狄格州
It's a long story, but...
說來話長
All right, meet us at the Van Der Woodsens'.
好吧,那就在瑟琳娜家見吧
Serena should be okay where she is,
在治療中心應該沒事
But we--we need to find Juliet.
但我們得找到茱麗葉
Okay, I'll see you there.
好的,再見
S uh-
oh, S.
You've got a surprise visitor,
有不速之客來訪哦
And she's about to give you shock therapy.
她將會給你帶來休克治療
Look, I think I figured it out.
讓我們來理清一下思路
Okay, Serena had an affair with her teacher
瑟琳娜和她的老師糾結不清
Because, let's face it. It's Serena,
面對現實吧,那可是瑟琳娜
And what else is there to do in Connecticut?
除了她,在康涅狄格州還有誰干的出來這種事
Then she came to her senses and discarded him
然后她幡然悔悟拋棄了那個男的
Like last season's Chanel booties.
就像甩掉過季的香奈兒靴子一樣
Then he became a crazy stalker, and Serena pressharges.
那男的變瘋狂地追隨,瑟琳娜卻不理不睬
That should be a warning to you, Humphrey.
前車之鑒啊,漢弗瑞
Yeah, because the parallels are striking.
是啊,因為類似的人總是引人注目
Never-to-be-realized literary aspirations--check.
幻想也就是應當三思的理想
Townie--you're from Brooklyn, so check.
你來自布魯克林,所以三思一下吧
And giving up everything to become
放棄一切
Serena Van Der Woodsen's stalker--check.
只為了追隨瑟琳娜?范德?伍德森
Face it, humphrey.
面對現實吧,漢弗瑞
You are one knitted tie away from Mr. Donovan territory.
你就是他的悲劇的翻版
Yeah, except for the fact that stalker implies one-sided.
追隨是一方的行為,而我們顯然是兩情相悅
Serena went to the saints and sinners ball
瑟琳娜去了圣徒與罪人舞會
Because she chose me.
就因為我才是她要的人
Yes, it was obvious this morning at the Ostroff center
很顯然在治療中心的那個早上
That Serena couldn't wait to be in your arms.
瑟琳娜等不及要投入你的懷抱
And for the record, I haven't given anything up
就這點來說,和瑟琳娜在一起
to be with Serena.
我沒有放棄任何事
Oh, of course not... Besides your time and your dignity.
當然沒有了,除了你的時間和尊嚴
You are chauffeuring me around, aren't you?
你開好的你的車就好
And I'm just curious.
我只是好奇
when was the last time you wrote anything?
上一次你寫文章是什么時候
And scribbling "D. Loves s."
還標明了D愛S
All over your journal every night doesn't count.
除了你晚上寫的日記
and the photo of me on "Gossip girl"--
還有我在八卦天后上的照片
That was you, too?
那也是你弄的,不是嗎
Yep. I went out dressed like you
是的,我穿成你的樣子
And partied like it was 2007.
然后就像2007年那次一樣
And then you just left me for dead in a motel room--
然后你就把我那樣扔在汽車旅館
Why? Because of Nate or Colin?
為什么這么做,因為內特還是科林
No, you stupid bitch,
不是,是因為你這個小賤人
Because you destroyed my brother's life.
毀了我哥哥的一生
Who's your brother?
你哥哥是誰
Ben Donovan.
本?多內瓦
Ben is your brother?
本是你哥哥
Wh-what did I ever do to him?
我對他做了什么
The official charge is statutory rape
官方指控為法定強奸罪
And transporting a minor across state lines.
還有非法帶未成年人出州界
But nothing happened.
但什么都沒有發生過
The girl signed an affidavit stating otherwise.
但這女孩所簽的口供可不是這樣
I can't believe Serena would do this.
不敢相信瑟琳娜竟然這樣做
Okay. So I prove my innocence in court.
好吧,我會在法庭證明自己的清白
It's her word against mine.
她是在污蔑我
I have to advise against going to trial.
我介意不要上法庭
They have a witness that saw you at the bed and breakfast.
他們有證人,看見你在在晚上和早上出現
You left campus with an underage student
你和一名未成年學生出校
And drove across state lines.
越過州界
To a library.
是去圖書館
I know. It's a bitter pill, but the girl's family
我知道,這讓人難以消受,不過這女孩的家人
doesn't want the story to get out either,
也不希望此事外泄
So they pressured the d.A.
所以他們給地方法官施加壓力
into offering a plea bargain.
要求他們提供認罪協議
They can do that?
他們能這么做嗎
Serena's from a powerful family.
瑟琳娜家里有背景
And we're nobodies.
而我們什么都不是
A plea bargain keeps the case out of the papers
有了認罪協議,此事不會記錄在案
And keeps your name off the national sex offenders list.
你的名字就不會出現在全國性騷擾犯罪的名單內
You can start over again.
你還可以重新生活
After I serve time for a crime I didn't commit.
在我蒙冤坐牢之后
I'm sorry, Ben.
很抱歉,本
Thanks to you,
托你的福
My brother's currently serving a 5-year sentence.
我哥現還沒有坐完五年的牢
I swear, I never accused Ben of any crime.
我發誓,我從未起訴過本
He was nothing but good to me.
他對我那么好
I saw the affidavit.
我看過口供書
I didn't sign anything.
我沒有簽過任何文件
Then who did?
那是誰呢
Lily!
莉莉
The party's lovely.
這派對太棒了
Thank you.
謝謝
Now tell me, honestly, how is Serena doing?
你老實跟我說,瑟琳娜怎么樣了
Oh, she's fine. She just needed a breather,
她很好,只是需要休息休息
And if it were up to me,
如果我能做主的話
She would be at canyon ranch right now, but they were booked.
她現在可能就在峽谷牧場,不過機票訂滿了
Actually, my sister needs more than a hot stone massage
雖然不是一次熱石按摩就能讓她好起來
to get better, but she's on her way to a full recovery.
不過我姐正在康復
I'm sorry,
不好意思
But that was what Serena wanted, and you know it.
那是瑟琳娜想要的,你知道的
Eric, somewhere between a marlins jersey
艾瑞克,在謊言與真實之間
And the absolute truth lies the better part of decorum.
是恰到好處的禮貌得體
Becoming an adult is about learning the distinction.
要長大成人,得學會拿捏分寸
You're doing some very exciting things, I hear.
我聽說你正在做一些很激動人心的事
I appreciate that.
謝謝你這樣說
Mom, hey.
媽媽
Oh, sweetheart, hi.
親愛的
Well, looks like Lily heard the divorce is back on.
看起來莉莉已經聽說離婚的事了
Look, I messed up. The house dad rented--
聽著,是我搞砸了,爸爸租的那間房子
It was this place in Rhinebeck
在萊茵貝克
You guys went on your first vacation.
你們第一次去旅行的時候
He really did want to surprise you.
他確實想給你一個驚喜
I'm afraid it doesn't change anything.
恐怕這不能改變什么
But it's not his fault,
但這不是他的錯
And now he's gonna have to go to a halfway house.
現在他不得不去住小旅館
I'm sorry, Nate. It was never gonna work.
對不起,內特,沒有用的
We were all just fooling ourselves.
我們都在自欺欺人
hi, Anne!
你好,安
The truth is, I need this more than I need your father.
事實是,比起你父親,我更需要這個
Minnie, hi.
米妮,你好
How are you? Is that one of your designs?
你好嗎,這是你設計的嗎
It is. Oh! You look adorable.
是的,真漂亮
Thank you.
謝謝
Come. I need to catch up with you.
過來,我們聊一聊
Good evening. On behalf of Bass industries,
晚上好,我代表拜斯企業
I'd like to wish you all a very happy holiday.
祝你們有一個愉快的假期
I'd also like to acknowledge my stepmother
在此,我還要感謝我的繼母
And all the work she's done for the company.
感謝她為公司所做的一切
Serena, what is she doing here?
瑟琳娜,她在這兒做什么
It's okay. I asked Juliet to come.
沒事的,我叫茱麗葉來的
Wait here. I'm gonna go talk to my mom. Okay.
在這兒等等,我得先找我媽媽
When Charles asked me to take over, I was overwhelmed.
當恰克委任我接管公司,我當時有點不知所措
Serena will explain.
瑟琳娜會解釋的
But he's family, and I've tried to do what's best
但是他的家庭,我一直盡最大努力
for my family. It's the one thing that has always guided me.
為我的家人著想,這種想法一直引導著我
Serena! What a lovely surprise.
瑟琳娜,真是驚喜啊
Everything okay?
你還好嗎
I need to talk to you.
我想跟你談談
Okay. Well, let's just take a few photos real quick. Smile.
好的,我們先拍幾張照片,微笑
What's going on?
怎么回事
I don't know, but I feel a little sick inside
我不知道,但我覺得有點反胃
And not just because I'm looking at him.
不是因為我看到了他
What, have you come to recruit another virgin
怎么樣,你是不是還想找個處女
to be your drug mule?
來給你當毒販
I would say, "Why, are you available?"
我會說,怎么,你想當嗎
But I'm leaving. Thanks for the ride into the city.
不過我要走了,謝謝你載我進城
Okay, that's enough. Thanks for helping.
行了,夠了,謝謝你幫忙
Just one more.
再來一張
I can't do this. Hi. I'm--I'm Serena.
我受不了了,大家好,我是瑟琳娜
I'm Lily's daughter. I wasn't gonna be able to make it tonight
莉莉的女兒,我本來今晚來不了的
Because, um, I was actually at the Ostroff center.
因為,事實上,我在奧斯特羅夫中心
But if it were up to my mother,
但如果我媽媽能說了算
She'd have you believe that I was at canyon ranch.
她一定讓你們認為我正在峽谷牧場
That's because having a daughter who's in a mental hospital
因為一個進了精神病醫院的女兒
threatens her carefully protected image.
會損了她精心呵護的形象
She wants you all to think that she's the perfect host
她希望所有人認為她是個完美的主人
And mother and wife, but the truth is
完美的母親,完美的妻子,不過事實是
She's a selfish liar who will destroy anyone
她是一個自私的騙子,誰擋她的路
Who stands in her way.
誰就要遭殃
Time to turn on the charm, Lily,
莉莉,是時候展現魅力了
Because your perfect party just turned into the perfect storm.
因為你那完美的派對轉眼變成了一場暴風雨
I apologize. I told Serena she couldn't take
很抱歉,我告訴瑟琳娜不要坐公司的飛機
the company plane to Belize for christmas break,
去伯利茲度假
And apparently, she took it harder than I realized.
很明顯,我沒想到她這么任性
Go find out what's going on with your sister.
去看看你姐這是怎么了
Please, Rufus, take the holiday to get things under control.
魯弗斯,趁著假期把事態控制下來
With the upcoming sale of Bass industries,
拜斯實業出售在即
we don't need any more surprises.
可不要再搞出什么"驚喜"
Lily said she told you.
莉莉說她告訴過你
Of course. Forgive me. Um, it's been a dizzying few days.
是的,抱歉,最近事情比較混亂
Look, I don't know what's going on,
聽著,我不知道具體發生了什么事
But Serena brought Juliet here tonight.
但是今晚瑟琳娜把茱麗葉帶來了
Don't take one step closer to her.
別想靠近她半步
How do you feel about prison food
監獄里的伙食,還有光身搜查
and daily strip searches?
合你胃口嗎
B, it's okay. I talked to Juliet. B
沒關系,我和茱麗葉談過了
She's not the problem anymore. It's my mom.
她不再是麻煩了,是我媽的錯
Well, clearly, she's drugged Serena again.
很顯然,她又給瑟琳娜下藥了
Dan, write a list of everything
丹,列出所有
Damien said that he sold to Juliet, and, you,
達米恩賣給茱麗葉藥物的清單,還有你
look at the list and tell us
看看那個清單,告訴我們
which one of those drugs
哪種藥
causes you to repeatedly trust psychopaths.
導致你一再的相信這個變態
And you call the police.
你去報警
Okay, nobody is calling the police.
聽著,誰都不準報警
I know everything that Juliet did,
我對茱麗葉的所作所為一清二楚
and nothing excuses it,
雖然都是不可饒恕的
but the Van der Woodsens are not putting any more
但范德?伍德森家不會
of her family members behind bars.
再將她家的任何人送進監獄
Juliet, I'll find a way to get Ben out of prison,
茱麗葉,我會想辦法把本從監獄里弄出來的
I promise.
我發誓
You're free to go now.
你現在可以走了
What? No! No, this is unacceptable.
什么,不,不,這可不行
Juliet has tried to hurt you too many times.
茱麗葉反反復的傷害你
You can't just let her walk away.
你不能就這么輕易饒了她
Blair's right, Serena.
布萊爾說的對,瑟琳娜
I promise I won't do anything to harm Serena again,
我保證不會再做任何傷害瑟琳娜的事
or anyone else for that matter.
或與之相關的人
Yeah, that's reassuring.
是啊,這種保證說得到輕巧
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I just spent a day
我和丹?漢弗瑞
in a... car with Dan Humphrey to try to track her down,
在車里守了一天,就是為了抓住她
and you're just letting her leave.
而你就這么放她走了
I really need someone to tell me what's going on.
我想知道這到底是怎么回事
Okay, look, I'll explain everything to everyone.
聽著,我會跟大家解釋所發生的一切
I just need to talk to my mom first.
不過我得先和我媽談談
I apologize, Charles.
我道歉,查爾斯
It seems that my biological children
看來我的親生兒女們
don't understand that when business is at stake,
都不明白當生意危危可芨之時
you need to leave your dirty laundry in the hamper.
需要將臟衣服放進衣筐里
Is that what Ben Donovan was to you--dirty laundry?
本?多諾萬對你來說,就是"臟衣服"嗎
Who's Ben Donovan?
本?多諾萬是誰
He was my boarding school teacher.
他是我在寄宿學校時的老師
Mom falsely accused him of statutory rape,
我媽誣告他強奸未成年少女罪
so now he's serving time for a crime he didn't commit.
他正為自己根本沒有犯下的罪行服刑
Is that what the ostroff center calls treatment these days?
那就是康復中心這些天的治療結果嗎
Public scenes and false accusations?
當眾無理取鬧,無端指責
Juliet is Ben's sister. She told me everything.
茱麗葉是本的妹妹,她告訴了我一切
So, please, no more lying. What happened?
所以請你別再撒謊了,到底發生了什么
You wanted to come home, and I wanted you here.
當時你想回家,我也希望你回來
But when Constance saw your records from Knightley,
但是當康斯坦斯看到你在奈特利的記錄
they wouldn't take you back,
就不再愿意接收你
and it was the same with all the decent schools.
所有的好學校都不會愿意
And I-I was worried about your future,
我很擔心你的未來
so I went to Knightley
所以我就去了奈特利
and talked to the administration.
和學校高層談了談
Of course you did.
你當然會那么做
Well, when I was on campus,
我在校園里
there were some girls gossiping about you.
聽到一些女孩講你的閑話
They said that you had spent the night
他們說你和一個老師過夜
at a bed and breakfast with one of your teachers.
還一起吃早餐
That was just gossip.
那些只是流言蜚語
Well, it was gossip I could use to our advantage.
沒錯,是一些我可以利用的流言
I expressed my concern to the school
我向學校表達了我的擔心
that one of their teachers was having
告訴他們有一個老師
an inappropriate relationship with my underage daughter.
和我未成年的女兒有不正當關系
So you sent Ben to prison
所以為了能讓我我回康斯坦斯
so that I could go to Constance?
你就將本弄進了監獄
Well, no! O-of course not.
不,當然不是
But after I left, the school... alerted the authorities,
但是我離開之后,學校通知了當局
and then I didn't know what I had set in motion
直到地方檢察官聯系我
until I was contacted by the D.A.,
我才清楚這件事的后果
and by then, it was too late.
到那時候,已經太晚了
What, too late to tell the truth?
什么,太晚說出真相嗎
So you just destroy a man's life,
所以你就這樣毀了一個男人的生活
all so that you can keep up appearances?
就為了你的面子
No, I did this for you,
不,我做這些都是為了你
for your future.
為了你的未來
Look, it's not like Mr. Donovan was guilt-free.
多諾萬先生也不是完全無辜的
He--he shouldn't have been having an affair with a student.
他不該和學生有染
But he didn't do anything. Nothing ever happened.
但是他什么都沒做,什么事都沒有發生
Serena, you don't have to protect him.
瑟琳娜,你不必替他說話
I'm not protecting him.
我沒有替他說話
He never touched me, mom.
他從來都沒有碰過我,媽媽
You sent an innocent man to prison.
你將一個無辜的人送入了監獄
Look, everyone here has crossed the line at some point
聽著,在座的人為了保護他們關心的人
to protect someone they care about.
都曾經做過一些過分的事
Sometimes... there's collateral damage.
有時,會帶來一些傷害
It's not so easy when you're the collateral damage.
當你受到傷害時,事情就不那么簡單了
Maybe it's time to put everything on the table.
也許到了攤牌的時候了
Lily, do you have something you need to tell Chuck?
莉莉,有些事你是不是該告訴恰克
Well, if there was something I wanted to tell Charles,
如果有一些事我想告訴恰克
I would have told him.
我早就告訴他了
Lily's selling Bass industries.
莉莉準備賣掉拜斯實業
It's all very complicated. I had to talk to the board first.
這很復雜,我不得不得先和董事會談
I trusted you with my father's company.
我信任你,才把我父親的公司交給你
I want it back...
我現在想立即
immediately.
收回所有產業
Do you really think the board would allow me to give
你真的認為董事會,會讓我把公司交給
the company to someone who just disappeared for three months?
一個剛剛失蹤三個月的人嗎
Your instability is the reason that I ended up in charge
你的不安定是我想賣掉公司的
in the first place.
主要原因
I won't let you do this, Lily.
我不會讓你得逞的,莉莉
Serena, I'm so sorry. Please believe me.
瑟琳娜,很抱歉,請相信我
You have to.
你必須要相信我
I don't have to do anything for you ever again.
我再也不必須為你做任何事了
I...
我
I didn't wanna hurt anyone, Rufus.
我不想傷害任何人,魯弗斯
I really thought I was helping.
我以為是在幫他們
I'm sorry, Lily. I-I don't know that I believe that anymore.
對不起,莉莉,我不覺得我還會再信你
They say you reap what you sow.
俗話說,種瓜得瓜,種豆得豆
Better get out your gardening gloves, Lily.
趕緊準備好你的手套吧,莉莉
Looks like you're going to have a bumper crop this year.
看來你今年可要大豐收了
See, I told ya,
看,我說的吧
food is more delicious when you cook it yourself.
自己做的食物就是好吃
Yep, that's why we're gonna end this experiment
那么接下來,我們就該以中層階級的生活方式
in middle class living and call housekeeping to clean up.
了結此事,叫家政服務來收拾殘局
No way! I stuck my hand up a turkey's butt.
沒門,為了做火雞大餐,我費了多大勁啊
You're not getting out of your job.
你們可別想吃完就走人
Well, I provided the location, so I did my part.
我提供了場所,我的任務完成了
Now I'm off to New Zealand to enjoy a taste of summer
現在我打算去新西蘭享受夏日氣息
and girls who like sex games in the rain forest.
順道和喜歡雨林性游戲的美女們約個會去
Well, I'll help clear. It's only fitting,
好吧,我來打掃,只有看著我買菜
seeing as I did the shopping, set the table,
鋪桌子,做飯
and oversaw the cooking.
你們才能如此之爽
All right.
好吧
Is that lily?
是莉莉打來的嗎
By proxy. She's in montecito
她的代理打來的,她在蒙特西托
so she's having Cece call.
所以她讓茜茜給我打電話
Is Rufus going to join her?
魯弗斯也會過去嗎
Yeah, but he's driving out on his own.
會,但他自己開車過去
He kind of needs time to clear his head.
他需要點時間理清頭緒
See? I told you road trips are strictly for Humphreys.
看,驅車旅行,典型的漢弗瑞家族風格
Since my mom isn't going to help get Ben out of jail,
既然我媽不打算幫我把本弄出來
I wanna find the judge whose name is on the affidavit.
那我就自己去找審理那件案子的法官
I think that he lives upstate, so I thought I'd turn it
我想他應該住在州北部,所以我也打算
into a road trip. Why don't you come with me?
來一次驅車旅行,你跟我一起去吧
Uh, how long were you thinking?
大概要多久
Well, I have to be back by the time school starts.
我得在開學前趕回來
I called Dean Reuther and explained that
我給魯瑟院長打過電話,跟她解釋了
it wasn't me that dropped out. She was not happy,
我沒有發退學短信,雖然她不太高興
but she did reinstate me.
但她還是恢復了我的學籍
Good-bye, friends, Dan.
再見了,朋友們,還有丹
I'll see you in the new year.
明年見
Wait. I'll, uh, I'll walk you out. Here.
等等,我送你出去,幫我拿著
New zealand?
新西蘭
That's awfully close to Australia.
離澳大利亞也太近了吧
You know me. I like the heat.
你了解我的,我喜歡高溫酷暑
Well, you'll get plenty of it if you try to make a deal
那可不,試圖和惡魔做交易
with the devil. Jack will never help you.
無異于引火上身,杰克不會幫你的
Maybe, but a shared enemy makes for unlikely friends.
也許吧,同仇敵愾或許會讓我們團結起來
You ready?
好了嗎
Happy holidays, Blair.
假日愉快,布萊爾
Hey. I'm sorry to just spring a road trip on you like that.
嘿,抱歉,突然拉你去驅車旅行
I didn't even ask what your plans for the break were.
我都沒過問你,你假期有什么安排
Oh, no, I don't really have any plans.
沒事,我假期沒什么安排
I was... sort of hoping to hang out with you
我早就想和你一起出去了
and... go see some movies, maybe get some writing done.
看個電影什么的,或者寫點東西
Well, then why don't you come with me?
那你就和我一起去吧
You could still write. Come on. It would be so much fun.
途中你也可以寫東西,這會很有趣的
It would be just the two of us listening to the radio
只有我們兩個人一起,聽著電臺
and eating roadside food and do a little recon along the way.
吃著路邊食物,修補我們的關系
What do you say? I think it would be good for us.
你覺得呢,我認為這對我倆都好
But would it be good for you?
但這樣對你好嗎
Serena, I would love to go away with you,
瑟琳娜,我很想跟你一起走
but it feels like this trip
但我覺得,這次旅行
is something you might need to do on your own.
恐怕還是得由你自己來完成
I've been trying so hard to prove to the world
我一直努力的向全世界證明
that I've changed.
我已經改變了
But I think the person that doubted the most was me.
但那個對此最懷疑的人, 恰恰就是我
I'm gonna work on that.
我會努力的
And you'll succeed. I know you will.
你能行的,我知道你能行
I mean, I know you better than anyone.
我是說,我比任何人都了解你
Be safe.
路上小心
Whenever we gave up something we really care about
在我們放棄我們真正在乎的東西時
we hope that the universe
我們總是希望上天
will reward our selfless choice.
會回報我們無私的選擇
Hey, dad, how's it going?
老爸,最近怎么樣
I've done some research
我看了一些
on my options for halfway houses,
戒護院的資料
and some of them aren't too bad.
其中一些還可以
I mean, after prison,
當然是跟監獄比起來
It's not like I need the four seasons.
我又不是要在那里待一整年
What about the empire?
你覺得帝國大廈怎么樣
What do you mean?
什么
Well, I spoke with the parole board.
我跟保釋委員會談過了
I gave them my address as
我給了他們,我的地址
where you'll be reporting in January.
作為你一月份報到的地點
I want you to come back to a home.
我想讓你回家
Thank you, Nate.
謝謝你,內特
I can't tell you how much this means to me.
這對我真的很重要
Well, I'm out buying you some new clothes.
我出去給你買了些新衣服
I know you've been locked away for a while,
我知道你被關進去有些日子了
but no one's wearing orange this season.
不過這個季節可沒人穿橙色衣服
However, it's not always fate that gives us a gift.
然而,給我們帶來禮物的,并不僅有命運
Sometimes it's someone closer to home.
有時候,也會是家人
What are you still doing here?
你還在這干什么
Shouldn't you be off living your dream--
你不是該和你夢寐以求的
days on end in a real car with serena?
瑟琳娜一起驅車去旅行了嗎
No, I'm staying here, so actually,
不,我不去了,因此
I'll be living out my nightmare,
我即將活在人間煉獄里
trapped in the city with only Blair Waldorf to talk to.
被困在一個只能和布萊爾?霍道夫聊天的城市
Nate's here.
內特也在
I'll share custody as long as I'm in first position.
只要我在第一位,我就有監護權
No, Nate's with his grandfather.
不,內特會和他的祖父待在一起
Eric, then.
還有艾瑞克
Gstaad with Elliot. Please don't continue down the list.
和埃利奧特在格施塔德,別再一一列舉了
I promise you, it's just me. I won't be calling.
我保證,只有我一個,我不會給你打電話的
I'm gonna be very busy writing,
我要忙著寫東西
turning Vanessa's room into an office,
把瓦內薩的房間改造成辦公室
Seeing "Ninette" at the film forum.
去影院看"尼內特"
I'm seeing "Ninette" At film forum.
我也要去影院看"尼內特"
You like french documentaries about orangutans?
你喜歡關于猩猩的法國紀錄片
"Ninette" Is an inspiration.
"尼內特"能啟發人的靈感
Last summer, I'd go to the jardin des plantes
去年夏天我特意跑去巴黎植物園
all the time just to visit her.
就是為了去看她
If we happen to run into each other,
如果我們偶然碰到了
please don't sit next to me.
千萬別坐我旁邊
I wouldn't think of it.
我絕對沒這種想法
Let's just finish these dishes so we can go home, all right?
我們還是快點洗完盤子回家吧
I'll wash. You dry.
我來洗,你來擦
You wouldn't know how to handle Redel.
該怎么洗
This coming from the one holding what appears to be
難以置信這話居然是從一個拿著
a bottle of l'occitane shampoo.
一瓶歐舒丹洗滌劑的人口中說出的
You can't wash good wine glasses in common dish soap.
平常的洗滌劑洗不了好酒杯
Just follow my lead, Humphrey.
跟著我做就行了,漢弗瑞
You're used to doing that.
你不是都習慣了嗎
Could you please just tell me what's going on?
你能不能告訴我,到底發生了什么
My mom and sister are out of town,
我母親和妹妹都出城了
so I know they aren't visiting.
這會他們肯定不會來探視
Serena. What are you doing here?
瑟琳娜,你怎么來了
I had to come see you.
我得來看看你
I don't know what to say.
我不知道該從何說起
Neither do I.
我也是
But I feel like I should start.
但我覺得應該由我先開口
If you love someone, set them free.
如果你愛他,就給他自由吧
X.O.X.O., gossip girl.
X.O.X.O. 八卦天后