As a kid, there are things that terrify you.
小孩子都有害怕的東西
Parents, thank you all for coming.
感謝各位父母今日蒞臨
We know you're very busy, but we felt
我們知道你們都是撥冗而來,但是我們覺得
we needed to bring this matter to your immediate attention.
我們有必要讓你們及時關注此事
This man has been seen in the area
有人看到這個男人在這一帶
handing out drugs to children
散發毒品給孩子們
and telling them they're stickers.
還告訴他們只是貼紙
The children then proceed to lick the stickers
孩子們會去舔所謂的貼紙
and are then on drugs.
然后就會毒品上癮
We are working closely with local authorities,
我們正和地方當局緊密合作
but we also wanted to make you aware
但我們還是想讓你們有所意識
so any additional precautions could be taken.
從而可以采取其他附加的預防措施
Yes, you in back.
好的,后面的那位
When do report cards come out?
成績單什么時候出?
In my family, that's what terrified us.
在我家,那就是我害怕的東西
My mom was singing at the restaurant
我媽媽在餐廳唱歌
because my dad thought it would help business.
因為我爸爸覺得這樣對生意有所幫助
Well, happy anniversary.
好的,結婚45周年
Married 45 years.
紀念日快樂!
I can't imagine it.
我難以想象
Hey, Nancy!
嘿,南希!
That coupon is expired.
那張打折券過期了
You have to check the date.
你得檢查下截止日期
Literally, I can't imagine it.
就是從字面上說,我難以想象
How'd she see that?
她是怎么看到的?
I see everything.
我目視一切
Okay, just one sprig of parsley per plate, please.
那邊,每碟只能有一片香菜,謝謝
It is a garnish, not a salad.
它是裝飾而已,又不是做沙拉
Thank you, thank you.
謝謝你,謝謝你
Uh, the voice of an angel, the incredible singing lady.
啊,天使之聲,令人不可思議的歌姬
There we go.
我們走啦
Okay. Okay, okay.
好的,好的好的
She's something else. Okay.
她就是這么任性,好的
What are you doing?
你在干啥?
The restaurant has been open almost a month,
餐廳開了快一個月了
and we have been losing money every day.
我們每天都在虧錢
We have tighten up around here,
我們要對一分一毫都勤儉節約
or we will never turn a profit.
不然我們就永遠沒法盈利
Is that why you clog half the pepper holes?
這就是你堵住一半胡椒瓶口的原因么?
Oh, look at that guy,
哦,看那個家伙
shaking away our profits like he's a pepper monster.
像個胡椒怪物一樣哆嗦走了我們的利潤
Look, if you're gonna help with the restaurant,
聽著,如果你要幫助咱們的餐廳
we need to get on the same page,
我們需要達成共識
and my page says
我的認識就是
the key to success is to kill them with kindness.
成功的秘訣在于用善意征服他們
I've always... shh! Did you hear that?
我一直都……噓!你聽到了么?
Mitch, did you just take a crouton from the salad bar?
米奇,你剛剛是不是從沙拉臺那邊拿了一個烤碎面包塊?
Are you saying I did not hear a crunch?
你是說我沒聽到那嘎嘣聲?
You are trying to dissolve the crouton.
你在試圖把烤碎面包塊抿化了
Uh, Mitch, why don't you go see
啊,米奇,你為什么不去看看
if any of the servers need help, okay?
有沒有哪位服務員需要幫忙,好么?
Oh, hell, no.
哦,天啊,不!
You waiting for your report card?
你在等你的成績單?
Yeah, and a birthday card from my dad.
嗯,還有我爸爸寄的生日賀卡
If it's within three weeks of your birthday,
如果賀卡在你生日三周以內收到
then it still counts.
那就還算數
I've got a forgery kit in my room.
我房間里有個專門用來作假的工具箱
I'm gonna use it to change all my C's to B's
我要在我媽媽回家之前用它
before my mom comes home.
把我所有的C改成B
Sweet. Yeah.
真棒,對呀
I'm not making the same rookie mistake I made last year.
我不會再犯和去年一樣的菜鳥級錯誤了
Put your gym clothes in the hamper and take out the trash.
把你運動服放到籃子里然后去倒垃圾
Okay, I will. Love you!
好的,馬上,愛你喲!
You love me? What are you hiding?
你愛我?你藏了什么東西?
There's nothing in my backpack. Oh, I know.
我書包里啥都沒有,哦,我知道
B-minus!
B-!
Is there anything else for me?
我還有什么東西不?
Buddy, we talked about this.
哥們,咱們談過這事
I would lead with the card. I'm rooting for you.
我會把那張賀卡當貴重物品,我超挺你的
You ready? Yeah.
準備好了?嗯
Yes! Yes!
好!好!
Mom! We got report cards!
媽媽!我們拿到成績單了!
Oh. Okay.
哦,好的
What is this?
這是啥?
Our school doesn't give out grades.
我們學校沒給出分數
It fosters unhealthy competition.
這會導致不健康的競爭
Plus/minus rainbow? One leprechaun?
加減彩虹?一只小妖精?
Two clouds... that seems bad.
兩片云……看起來好挫
No, clouds are good.
不,云超贊的
Clouds are rain. What are you, a farmer?
有云就有雨,你是啥,農夫?
Domino! Straight a's, moms!
多米諾!老媽,全優!
The one good thing about moving here
搬到這的一個好處
is I have no friends and no distractions.
就是我沒了死黨,也不再分心
That's why I got a...
這就是我為什么得了個……
Grandma, what does Fonzie say?
奶奶,方仔怎么說?
"A"!
“A”!
School is too easy.
學校課程太簡單了
Just when you think you've won the game,
正當你以為你贏了這盤游戲
this trick done changed the rules.
就有人耍伎倆改了這規則
Eddie, don't call your mother a trick.
艾迪,不許說你媽媽耍伎倆
You need to make school more challenging,
你得讓學校課程更有挑戰性
or else my son will fall behind.
不然我兒子就會落后于人
I'm sorry. There's not much I can do
不好意思,對于一個全優的學生
about a straight "A" student.
我沒啥要做的
Well, is there extra school?
好吧,有補習學校么?
Where is the closest CLC?
最近的CLC在哪?
Oh, no.
哦,不
What's CLC?
什么是CLC?
Chinese learning center... an after-school program
中式補習中心……一個課后學業項目
for reading, math, science, and violin.
針對閱讀,數學,科學,還有小提琴
Look at them, the innocence.
看看他們,無憂無慮
I couldn't hear them through the reinforced glass,
透過強化玻璃我聽不清他們說話
but I imagined it was the sound of childhood.
但是我猜想那是童年之聲
Enjoy your stick, white friends.
好好玩你的樹枝吧,白人朋友
I'm sorry. We don't have a Chinese learning center here.
不好意思,我們這沒有中式補習中心
Yes!
太好了!
But we do have an after-school program
但是,我們有個課外活動項目
called animal encounters
叫做“邂逅動物”
where we bring in farm animals
我們帶來農場里的動物
for the children to play with.
讓孩子們與它們玩耍
In fact, I have a baby chick in my lap right now.
事實上,現在就有個小雞仔在我腿上
Please put your lap chicken away.
請把你腿上的雞仔拿開
I don't understand these people.
我不理解這些人是怎么想的
It's like success is not important to them.
就好像成功對他們來說一點也不重要似的
To Spencer and his four C's.
敬斯賓塞和他得的四個C
Unh-unh!
咳咳!
Nancy, no wasting napkins.
南希,別浪費餐巾紙了
Uh, but the lady at table six asked for it.
呃,但是六號桌的那位女士要餐巾紙了
She ordered a salad.
她點了沙拉
She does not need an extra napkin.
她并不需要額外的餐巾紙
My hands are tied.
我無能為力啊
Jessica, we talked about this.
杰西卡,我們討論過這個的
It's a slippery slope.
這是一次災難性的下滑
First, an employee pops a crouton.
起初是一個雇員偷偷拿了塊油煎面包塊
Next thing you know, they are wheeling ovens out of the kitchen.
接下來他們就會占便宜使用廚房里的烤箱
Same with the customer.
就跟顧客一樣
First, they get extra napkin.
起初,他們會拿額外的餐巾紙
Next thing you know, they run out on the bill.
然后,他們會逃賬
Same with the boys.
就跟咱們的兒子們一樣
First, they have baby chickens in their lap.
首先,他們腿上會有小雞仔
Next thing you know, they are homeless!
接下來,他們就會無家可歸!
You know, just because they don't offer CLC here
你看,他們在這里沒有中式補習班
doesn't mean you can't provide it for the boys.
并不意味著你不能給孩子們進行類似的教育
Well, I'm not a teacher.
這個,我又不是老師
No, but you are very smart.
是的,但你很聰明啊
I mean, have you ever met
你想啊,你遇到過
a "wheel of fortune" puzzle you couldn't figure out?
你解不出來的幸運輪度盤嗎?
I always guess them. Mm-hmm.
我總是能猜出來,可不是
I mean, you're way smarter than the teachers they had at CLC.
我是說,你比孩子們在中式補習班的老師們都要聰明
Some of them were not impressive.
有些老師確實不令人滿意
Mnh-mnh.
說的對呀
Oh, never mind.
哦,別在意這個
You can't teach the Boy CLC.
你不能給孩子們補習
I mean, what would I do at the restaurant?
你看,我在餐館里能做什么呢?
You are so valuable here.
你對這里太有價值了
I really am.Yeah.
我確實是,對啊
But we do have a crisis on our hands.
但我們眼下確實有一個危機
Our boys did get straight A's.
孩子們確實拿了全優
Oh, hey, man.
哦,嘿,伙計
Look what my mom gotme for my straight c's.
看我媽媽給了我什么作為我全C的獎勵
You want to play?
你想一起玩么?
Does the yellow man like dumplings?
黃種人喜歡餃子么?
We do, we do. Sorry.
我們確實喜歡,確實喜歡,不好意思
I put you in an awkward spot.
你沒明白我的梗
Let me go get my breakaway pants
讓我回去換上我的運動褲
so I can rip them off.
這樣我就可以把它們撕掉了
We're doing CLC.
我們要進行課外補習
But there aren't any in Orlando.
但是全奧蘭多都沒有這種補習班啊
There is now... homeschool CLC.
現在有了,家庭中式補習班!
I will be your teacher.
我將是你的老師
Time.
時間到
Eddie, focus!
埃迪,集中注意力!
Okay, I need to start making dinner.
好了,我要開始做晚飯了
Evan, you make sure that everyone does their CLC.
埃文,你要確保每個人都在做自己的課外作業
Okay, teacher mommy.
好的,教師麻麻
You're loving this.
你就愛這么做
Teacher's pet and mama's boy.
既是老師的寵兒又是麻麻的好孩子
I'm writing you up.
我要把你的行為記下來
"Student... Eddie Huang.
“學生……黃艾迪
Infraction... not nice."
違規……不友好”
"Student... Eddie Huang."
“學生……黃艾迪”
This sucks, right, Emery?
這遜斃了,是不是,埃默里?
You play the cards you're dealt.
你還是乖乖地去完成你被分配的任務吧
Choose life, you know?
選擇活法,你懂?
Aw, man, a trampoline?
哇塞,一個蹦床?
And he's using it inappropriately?
而且他現在還不會用?
Oh!
哦!
I never get to have that much fun.
我從來不會那么快樂
Oh, uh, I'm sorry. I was...
哦,嗯,我很抱歉.我剛剛在……
No, no, it's okay. You can have a crouton.
不,不,沒事的.你可以吃一塊油煎面包塊
Is this a trick?
這是個陷阱么?
Is she here? Is she watching us?
她現在在這里?還是她在監視著我們?
Are you tricking me? No, no. It's not a trick.
你在陷害我么?不,不,這不是個陷阱
It's a trick. There's cameras, right?
這就是個陷阱,這里有攝像機,是不是?
Stop, stop.Where is she?
別這樣,別這樣,她在哪里?
Look at me.
看著我
Mitch, when you're at Cattleman's Ranch,
米奇,當你在牧場主的牧場工作的時候
I want you to feel like
我想讓你感到
you're being hugged by a matronly woman with chubby arms.
你是被一個慈祥的主婦用她胖乎乎的雙臂擁抱著
That's how I want to feel.
這是我想要的感覺
See, I believe
你看,我相信
that happy employees are good employees
快樂的雇員就是好雇員
and good employees are good for business.
而好雇員是有利于事業發展的
So how about this?
所以你看這樣好不好?
You and I, we're gonna have a crouton together, okay?
你和我,我們將一起吃一塊油煎面包塊,好么?
R-really?
真真的么?
So I'm gonna take one, and you're gonna take one.
所以我要拿一塊,你也要拿一塊
Cheers. Cheers.
干了,干
Ding! Cheers.
叮!干
They're pretty good.
它們吃起來不錯
Very good.
很好吃
I know that you aren't a matronly woman, but...
我知道你不是個慈祥的主婦,但是……
Bring it.
來吧
All right. Bring it, bring it.
好的,來吧,來吧
All right.
好的
Okay, we're good. Okay.
好,我們很好啊,是啊
Okay. Just one more. Nice. Okay.
好吧,再來一次,好,好了
You're a good man, you know? Thank you.
你是個大好人,你知道么?謝謝
Okay. You're a really good man. Thank you.
好,你是個很好的人,謝謝
Okay. Oh, that was fun.
好了,哦,這不挺好的
We should do that all the time. No.
我們應該一直這樣做,還是別了
Whoo! Rough day at the ranch.
唔!在餐廳度過了艱難的一天
Is Nancy messing up the iced teas again?
南希是不是又搞混了那些冰茶?
I told her it is 4 cups of water to 1 tea bag.
我告訴過她一個茶包四杯水
It is so hard to not have you there.
你不在那里實在是太難受了
But this is best for the boys.
但是這對孩子們來說最好了
Our sacrifice will be worth it.
我們的犧牲是值得的
Mom, Eddie's refusing to use the bathroom pass.
媽媽,艾迪拒絕使用浴室通行證
I'm not trying to use a pass to whiz in my own house.
我才不要在自己家里用浴室通行證去撒尿呢
Dinner's almost ready. You finish your CLC?
晚飯快好了,你完成了你的補習作業了?
You know I didn't.
你知道我沒寫完
Dinner after CLC.
補習作業做完再吃晚飯!
Dad, mom is crazy.
爸,媽瘋了
Can't you talk some sense into her?
你不能和她講講道理么?
Uh, well, you know, it's, uh, tough for all of us.
額,好吧,你知道么,這個,額,對我們都很艱難
I'm dying without her at the restaurant.
她不在餐館我都要忙死了
Nobody's having a good time. Love you!
大家都不好過,愛你喲!
Love you? My dad never said that.
愛你喲?我爸從來不這么說
My family loved each other. We just didn't say it.
我的家人都相親相愛,但是我們從來不說出口
We showed our love through criticism and micromanagement,
我們通過批評和約束細枝末節來表達我們對彼此的愛
so if you said "love you,"
所以如果你說“愛你喲”
you were probably hiding something.
你可能就在隱瞞什么著事
Okay.
好吧
Here you are. Oh, I'm okay.
給你,哦,我還好
I don't need any extra napkins. Thank you.
我不需要多余的餐巾紙了,謝謝
I beg to differ.
恕難同意
Boop!
啵
Hey, we have a jukebox?
嘿,我們有點唱機了?
I guess so.
我想是的
Hey, Mitch, go ahead and plug her in.
嘿,米奇,去接上電源
Really?
當真?
Happy employees equal happy customers.
快樂員工才能有快樂顧客
Ah.
啊
It's like we've been whisked away to Trinidad.
好像我們要瞬移到特立尼達拉島呢
Aw, hell, no!
哦,天啊,不!
I'm too excited to pimp-walk.
我情不自禁地摩擦,摩擦,跳起魔鬼的步伐
Dad doesn't want you at the restaurant.
爸爸不想你去餐廳
What? That's not true.
啥?不可能
Your father is struggling without me,
你爸特別糾結不帶我去
but he is making a sacrifice for your education.
但是他為了你的教育才做出了犧牲
Ask him yourself.
問他自己去
Of course I want you here.
我當然想帶你來這
It is awful without you.
你不在,我難受的不行
I am very good.
我很好
Eddie's just making up excuses,
艾迪就是在找借口
probably to get out of CLC. Oh, no. Got to run. I see Mitch eyeing the croutons.
這樣他沒準就能不補習了。哦,不,跑。我看到米奇盯著面包
Love you!
愛你喲!
Aw, hell, no!
哦,天啊,不!
Everybody having a good time?
大家玩的開心么?
If this jukebox uses 50 kilowatts of power
如果這臺點唱機電力50千瓦
at 11 cents per kilowatt
每千瓦11美分
and a 3-minute song cost 25 cents,
一首3分鐘的歌耗費25美分
how much money do we lose per song?
那么每放一首歌我們損失多少錢?
21/2 cents! 21/2...
21/2美分! 21/2……
Aw, man!
哦,真是1!
And this is why I never plug in the jukebox.
這就是為什么我從來不開點唱機
Boys, welcome to your new CLC classroom.
孩兒們,歡迎來到你們全新的補習教室
Hi.
嗨
Uh, may I get you some waters
啊,要我給您拿些水
or perhaps a blooming onion?
或者來點炸洋蔥球?
Jessica, what brings you to Cattleman's Ranch?
杰西卡,什么風把你吹到了牧場主的牧場?
I realize... why not have the boys do CLC here?
我意識到……為啥不讓孩子們在這里上補習班呢?
That way, I can also help you at the restaurant.
這樣的話,我還能在餐廳幫你打理
Unless you don't want me here.
除非你不想我來這
Oh, no. Of course I want you here.
哦,不,我當然想你在這
Good! Boys, CLC, this booth.
太好了!兒子們,開始練習,坐這兒
If Mitch steals two croutons per hour
如果米奇每小時偷兩個烤碎面包塊
and a 3-pound box costs $5,
而一個三磅重的面包塊要五美元
how many days till we are on the street?
距離我們流落街頭還有多少天?
How many croutons per box?
一整個面包塊有多少個烤碎面包塊?
What are we paying in rent?
我們拿什么交租金的?
How can I solve for "x" when I don't know "z"?
我不知道“z”怎么求“x”?
Nerd.
書呆子
"Student... Eddie Huang.
“學生……黃艾迪
Infraction... slander."
侵害……誹謗”
He's tough, but he's fair.
他很難搞,但他很公平
Nancy, what did I tell you about extra napkins?
南希,多余的餐巾紙我是怎么和你說的?
Also, why are we out of tea bags?
還有,為什么我們沒茶包了
I don't want you here.
我不想你在這
I knew it,
我就知道
as soon as you expressed emotions with words.
從你用文字表達情感的時候我就知道
Why do you micromanage everything?
為什么你要控制所有事情?
Why am I the only one who cares that we are losing money?
為什么我是唯一一個在乎我們在虧錢的人?
I'm just looking out for our family.
我只是為了我們家庭著想
So am I, but I'm doing it in a nicer way.
我也是,但是我以一個更隨和的方式進行
You should treat people the way you want to be treated.
己所欲者,先施與人
You think people are inherently good, but they are not.
你認為人們生性善良,但實則不然
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Could I just get my check, please? No, I'm sorry.
我能結賬么?不行,不好意思
My son got straight a's, and I told my wife I love her.
我兒子功課全優,我告訴我妻子我愛她
Please bear with us. We're going through a rough patch.
請忍耐一下,我們面臨著艱難時刻
Look at that table. Look at that table.
看那桌,看那桌
They are about to dine and dash.
他們準備吃了就跑人
They've ordered the most expensive items on the menu.
他們已經點了菜單上最貴的食物
They've been there a long time, and they haven't paid.
他們已經呆很久了然后還沒付錢
And that one guy is pumping up his sneaker.
還有那個家伙在整理他的運動鞋
I'll take care of this.
我來處理
How? By killing them with kindness,
怎么處理?用善意征服他們
showering them with napkins?
還是用餐巾紙砸死他們?
No, you make them pay, then you kick them out.
都不行,你讓他們付錢,然后你把他們趕走
I will handle this my way.
我會用我的方式來處理
Hello.
你們好
We're not done eating yet.
我們還沒吃完
I know, I know. Look...
我知道,我知道,聽著
I know what you guys are doing here.
我知道你們在這干什么
You're gonna dine and dash
你們要吃完了就跑人
because you think it's fun and nobody gets hurt.
因為你覺得這樣好玩,而且沒人會受傷
But this is a family business.
但這是個家庭生意
It's not run by some big corporation.
它不是什么大公司運營的
I thought this was a Golden Saddle.
我以為這是金鞍餐廳的分店呢
It's a totally different restaurant!
這是個完全不同的餐廳好么!
The bears aren't even the same color.
熊的顏色都不一樣
Look, if you guys run out on this check,
聽著,如果你們跑單了
it's gonna come out of our pocket...
就得我們來掏腰包
Me, my wife, and my three boys.
我,我妻子,還有我三個兒子
You guys were really going for a little girl, huh?
你們很想要個小女兒,對吧?
Don't get me started. We were gonna name her Emily.
別提了,我們本來名字都想好了,叫艾米麗
That's sweet. Aww.
真貼心,哦
Yeah.
嗯
Look, the point is, we're not rich.
聽我說,重點是,我們不是壕
In fact, we're struggling just to break even.
事實上,別說賺錢了,我們現在不虧本都難
So if you guys order more than you can pay for,
如果你們實在付不起的話
we can work something out.
我們可以好好商量,想個法子
Yeah, okay. I... we're sorry.
呃,好吧,我……對不起
We're just being stupid.
我們錯了
And we can cover it. I got my dad's credit card.
我們付得起,我把老爸的信用卡拿出來了
Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.
謝謝了,朋友們,謝謝
I took care of it.
搞定
I talked to them the way that I would want to be talked to,
我設身處地地跟他們談
and they got it.
然后他們就知道錯了
People are good.
人性本善
Are you sure about that?
你確定?
I'll be in my office.
我還是回辦公室呆著去吧
Excuse me, Mrs. Huang?
黃太太,打擾一下
Um, we were just talking,
我們剛剛商量了下
and we'd like to cover their check.
要不我們來付錢吧
What?
啊?
The table that ran out...
就是吃霸王餐的那桌……
we want to chip in and pay their bill.
我們想把他們的帳給分攤了
Yeah, Louis would do it for us.
對,如果是路易斯,他也會這么做的
I mean, he's a great boss.
我是說,他是個很棒的老板
Mom, Eddie dined and dashed on CLC.
媽媽,艾迪在補習班上吃霸王餐了
But don't worry. I wrote him another infraction.
但你不用擔心,我給他又記上了一道違規
Oh, crap!
嗷,不是吧
I will get to you later!
我待會再收拾你!
"Run out on this bill, it comes out of our pocket."
“如果你們跑單了,就得我們來掏腰包”
Hey.
嘿
Oh!
哦!
Emery, go get that onion.
埃默里,把那個洋蔥撿回來
I'm going to cook dinner with it tonight.
我今晚還要拿它做飯呢
Time me.
沒問題,幫我計時
You hit us with your car. You hit my car with your bodies.
你居然用車撞我們,是你們用身體撞我的車
My husband is a good man.
我老公人很好
He believes in the good of people.
他相信人性本善
I don't.
我不信
But all his employees respect and admire him,
但店里的員工都很尊重他,喜歡他
which, uh, makes you start to wonder.
現在我都開始懷疑……
My body feels cold.
那啥,趴著好冷T^T
I-I-it's shutting down.
我我快說完了
My point is,
我的重點是
I don't want my husband to lose his faith in people.
我不希望我老公對他所相信的人性失望
Okay, okay. W-we'll pay our check.
好,好,我我們馬上回去付賬
You are going to do a lot more than that.
還遠遠不夠
I don't know why, but it's warm!
我不知道為什么,但這里太暖和了!
After we left, we thought about what you said,
我們跑了后,又仔細想了想
and we realized you were right.
覺得你說的很對
Yeah, what we did was wrong.
對,我們錯了
Really? Yes.
真的?真的
You were right to see the good in us.
你相信我們是對的
Did you have something to do with this?
你跟這事有關嗎?
What? Me? No.
什么?我?怎么可能
Okay, well, I'm gonna go make dinner now...
內啥,我要去做飯了...
sliced beef with peppers and onions,
牛肉切片,放點辣椒,洋蔥
maybe some rice, also.
再來點米飯
Love you!
愛你哦!
I missed all the fun.
我錯過了所有好玩的事情
Well, you know,
但是吧,你要知道
most moms don't care enough about their kids
不是所有的媽媽都會這么關心孩子
to tutor them for two hours a day.
甚至一天親自輔導兩個小時的作業的
It was three hours.
是三個小時
Three hours?!
三個小時?!
My God, I
天,我
Look, I'm not gonna lie. Your mom is tough.
聽著,我不否認你媽嚴厲了點
And she's never gonna let up on you or any of us,
她永遠不會放松對你們中任何一個的要求
but it's because she cares.
但這都只是因為她關心你們
Yeah.
哦
You think you can beat your old man?
你覺得你打得過你的老爸嗎?
Dad, you serve people all day.
老爸,你一整天都在伺候顧客
You ready to get served?
準備好被你兒子好好“伺候”一下了嗎?
Wait, I almost forgot.
等等,差點忘了
That felt good.
這涼爽,不敢相信
Aw! Ooh, close.
嘿!噢,投籃
Ooh! Nice, nice!
噢!太棒了!
Close.
投籃
Mom said we can play.
媽媽說我們可以玩一會兒
Nobody block my shots.
別攔著我,看我怎么大灌籃
Come on, come on.
加油,快,快點
Eddi, pass.
艾迪,傳球
Oh, hey.
哦,嗨
Is that your dad? Yeah.
那是你老爸?對
Seems like a cool guy.
看起來很酷哦
Ooh! All day!
絕殺有木有!
You want to play?
一起玩吧?
Well, I was just gonna flip through sports games on TV
額,我剛打算看看電視上的體育比賽
and look for my dad in the crowds, but I guess I can wait.
順便在人群里找找我老爸的,但我想待會去也不遲
Yeah, come on.
沒錯,來吧
That's how it was in my family.
這就是我家
We didn't do sappy "I love yous."
我們才不說"我愛你"啥的
We didn't have to.
根本不用說
We just showed it.
一看就看出來了
Looks like we'll be going for academic scholarships.
看來我們得待會再考慮獎學金了
And then an alligator sticker plus a cloud sticker
然后一個鱷魚貼紙加上一個云朵貼紙
equals an alligator with sunglasses sticker.
就變成了一個戴著太陽鏡的鱷魚貼紙了
All right. So...
好吧,那……
Unless a cloud sticker is a rainbow cloud
除非那張云朵貼紙是朵彩虹云
in which case it reverse back to a bear and a hat.
這樣會將它變回一只熊和一頂帽子
Oh right. So...
這樣的話,那……
Unless the bear's hat is black.
除非熊的帽子是黑色的
which indicates a very high level of effort.
因為這代表很學生很努力
So...
那.……
Which is than rewarded by a plus/minus participate with a rainbow
而我們會在彩虹前加上一個加號或者減號來標出學生的努力程度
of which there are three intensity heels.
總共有三種程度
What's your mom say?
你媽媽說什么?
She gave you an alligator sunglasses.
她給了你一張戴太陽鏡的鱷魚貼紙
And to you...
而你……