Mom check it. Fresh as hell right?
媽媽,看看我,帥成一逼是不?
Eddie don't say "Hell."
艾迪,不許說“逼”
He also said "Butthole" In the car.
他剛才在車上還說了“屁眼兒”
Shut up Evan you little Chinese narc!
閉上你的嘴,埃文,你個中共土匪
Isn't that necklace heavy? Life's heavy son.
你沒感覺你的項鏈沉死了嗎?沉重的是生活,小鬼
Please mom can I get this?
求你了,媽媽,我能把這套穿走嗎?
How much?
這套多少錢?
Too much.
不行,太貴了
Moms thought everything was too much.
媽媽覺得所有東西都太貴了
She never understood that you couldn't haggle at jcpenney.
她從來不懂為什么不可以在杰西潘尼里邊討價還價
It's like "Those are set prices mom."
因為,“那些都是明碼標價啊,媽媽”
That's me your boy Eddie Huang in the headphones.
那個戴著耳機的小男生,就是本人艾迪了
My family was moving from Washington D.C.
我全家正在搬家,從華盛頓特區
to Orlando Florida.
到佛羅里達的奧蘭多
I was 11 years old and it was 1995.
那是1995年,我當時11歲
This is the story of my family an American family the Huangs.
這是個關于我們家的故事,一個美國家庭,老黃一家
That's my dad.
這是我的爸爸
He loved everything about America.
他喜愛美國的一切
Fullon bought into the American dream.
成天沉浸在實現美國夢的幻想中
Moms was always hard on me
媽媽則一向對我很嚴厲
way before all that "Tiger mom" Stuff.
比現在那個什么"虎媽"可狠多了
She thought I was trying to cause trouble
她總覺得我在到處惹麻煩
wearing that nas shirt but she didn't understand.
穿著那個流氓襯衫,但是她根本不懂我
If you were an outsider hiphop was your anthem.
如果你是個門外漢,遇到嘻哈音樂將會是你的救贖
And I was definitely the black sheep in my family.
而我也絕對是家里的害群之馬
These other people are Emery Evan and grandma. Whatever.
其他人的名字是埃默里,埃文和奶奶,隨便啦
Was I excited about the move? No.
我對搬家感到激動嗎?當然不
Did anyone ask me if I was excited?
有人問過我的感受嗎?
Hell no.
臥槽沒有!
But it's hard getting respect when you're 11.
11歲的孩子的意見確實不容易受到尊重
Ugh dad! Turn off the music!
啊,老爸!關掉音樂!
Eddie I know you're not excited to leave D.C.
艾迪,我知道你不希望離開華盛頓
but you're gonna love Orlando.
但是我保證你會愛上奧蘭多的
I've been there for six months setting up the restaurant
我在那里呆了半年,打點好了餐館的事兒
and I've grown to love it
我越來越喜歡這個地方了
like the daughter we wished Evan had been.
就像喜歡我們一直希望是個女孩兒的埃文一樣
Hmm? I don't know why we have to move.
哼?我沒搞明白為什么我們要搬家啊
Why couldn't you keep on going back and forth
為什么你不能開車往復
between Orlando and D.C.?
于奧蘭多和華盛頓呢?
Because I didn't come to America
因為我來美國
to work for your mom's brother
不是為了給你媽媽的哥哥打工
selling furniture for the rest of my life.
為他賣家具賣一輩子
Your father is right.
爸爸說的是極對的
This is why we left Chinatown in D.C.
這就是為什么我們離開了華盛頓的唐人街
This is why we left our family and friends.
這就是為什么我們離開了家人和朋友
Exactly.
是的
This is why we left everything we know
這就是為什么我們離開了我們熟悉的地方
to come to a place where we know nothing
到了一個我們一無所知的城市
and where the humidity is not good for my hair.
然后這個城市的濕度還不利于我保養頭發
Right okay. And for what?
好吧,好吧,那是為什么?
So your father can own a cowboy restaurant.
然后你的父親就可以擁有一個牛仔飯店了
It's called Cattleman's Ranch Steakhouse
餐廳名叫牧場主的牧場牛排餐廳
and I can't wait for you all to see it.
我都等不及帶你們去看看了
It is beautiful.
它很美
It is big brown and beautiful.
大大的,棕色的房子,簡直完美
Like Shaq? Exactly like Shaq.
就像鯊魚奧尼爾一樣?是的,就像奧尼爾
Why you like Shaq so much?
你們為啥都這么喜歡鯊魚奧尼爾?
Why you not like Pete Sampras?
你們怎么就不喜歡皮特,桑普拉斯?
So sexy. All that hair.
毛茸茸的,多性感啊
He's okay.
他還成啦
Oh your favorite song.
噢,你最喜歡的歌來了
Not like back in D.C.
不像在華盛頓的時候
Yeah.
是啊
The only white people we ever saw there
我們唯一一次看見白人
were the tourists who got lost.
還是在人家來旅游走丟的時候
White. House.
白宮
Hey you boys just gonna sit there
嘿,你倆崽子想一直坐在那兒呢
or pick up a box and help?
還是想幫忙搬東西?
Mom is there a Chinatown in Orlando?
媽媽,在奧蘭多也有唐人街嗎?
Hey no more question Barbara Walters.
嘿,少問問題,芭芭拉?沃爾特斯
Pick up a lamp.
給我撿起來個燈管
Well hi. Welcome to the neighborhood.
嘿,你好,歡迎住到這個街區
I'm Deidre. This is Amanda. This is Samantha.
我是黛德麗,這是阿曼達,那位是薩曼莎
This is Lisa. This is CarolJoan.
她是麗莎,她是卡羅爾瓊
Welcome. Thank you.
歡迎,謝謝
I'm Jessica. Oh.
我是杰西卡,哦
I was expecting something a little more exotic
我還指望著聽見更外國的名字呢
but I love the name Jessica.
但是我喜歡杰西卡這個名字
Had a sorority sister with that name.
曾有一個聯誼會姐妹叫這個名字
She died in a horrible riptide accident
她死于一場可怕的激流事故
but we dedicated a section of the highway to her.
不過我們專門用一段公路來紀念她
Anyway where you guys from?
不說了,你們從哪里來?
My parents were born in Taiwan
我的爸爸媽媽是在臺灣出生的
but my brothers and I were born in D.C.
但是我的弟弟和我是在華盛頓出生的
Oh! Your English is very good!
哦!給你英語點個贊啊!
Are you all sister?
你們都是姐妹嗎?
Anyhoo well we've got to motor
總之,我們要走了
but we go rollerblading every day
但是我們每天都出來輪滑
so if you ever want to join us just give us a holler.
如果你想要加入我們的話,跟我說一下就行
Come on.
走吧
The loudest one seem to be their queen.
那個最能吵吵的像是她們的頭頭
So who's hungry?
誰餓了?
The cactuses were planted in old spittoons.
我把仙人球種在了老痰桶里
I wanted it to be authentic you know like the real wild west.
我想讓一切都顯得很真實,你知道的,真實還原狂野西部
The waiters used to wear spurs
服務員本來是要帶馬刺的
but they were right at achilles level
但他們都有跟腱炎了
so we had to switch to the black reeboks.
所以我們不得不換成黑色銳步鞋
Right Nancy?
對吧,南希?
I got sliced up pretty bad.
我跟腱撕裂得很嚴重的
She did.
是的是的
Dude where the hell are we?
老弟,我們這他媽是在哪?
I don't think Shaq eats here.
我不覺得奧尼爾會在這吃飯
Were there bears in the old west?
熊是都生活在西部深處嗎?
Where are all the customer?
顧客都去哪了?
Technically we are still in our soft opening so...
嚴格來說,我們正處于試營業,所以...
Louis there is hardly anyone here
路易斯,這里就沒幾個人
and that table is only drinking water.
那一桌還只在喝水
Hey why you not drink beer?!
嘿!你們怎么不喝啤酒啊?!
The restaurant is doing well okay?
餐館經營的還是不錯的,好嗎?
Just not as well as it could be.
只不過不像我預想的那么好
Why didn't you tell me?
你為什么不告訴我?
Because I didn't want to give you another reason
因為我不想再給你增添一個
not to move here.
不搬到這里的理由
I just have to figure out why the people aren't coming.
我只需要搞明白為什么人們都不愿意光顧這里
Maybe it's the food.
或許是食物的問題
It's not the food.
不是
The food is perfect.
食物都很完美
Hector's a genius.
赫克托簡直是天才
Can I sit next to you on the bus?
坐校車時我能坐你邊上嗎?
Sure. If you want.
當然可以啊,你愿意就行
Me and Emery are gonna sit next to each other on our bus.
我和埃默里會在校車上坐一起
You're on a different bus
你坐另一輛校車
because you're at a different school
因為你在另一所學校
so I don't know who you'll sit next to.
所以我不知道你會坐在誰旁邊
Definitely not Emery though. He'll be next to me.
但肯定不會是埃默里,他會坐我旁邊
Oh shut up Evan.
哦,閉嘴吧,埃文
Mom why do we have to start school on a Wednesday?
媽媽,我們干嘛非要周三就去報到上學啊?
Why can't we wait till Monday?
不能等到周一嗎?
Why wait? You need to go to school
為什么要等?你需要去上學
so you go to college so you can make lots of money.
然后你就能去讀大學,然后你就能賺大錢
All you care about is money.
你最在意的就是錢
Do me a favor. Go find a homeless man.
幫我個忙,去找一個流浪漢
Ask him if he thinks money matters. You tell me what he says.
問問他覺得錢重不重要,然后告訴我他說了什么
You're all about the eggs.
你無非是在意幾個雞蛋錢
Eddie eggs are life.
艾迪,雞蛋是生命的起源
You came from my eggs.
你就是從我的雞蛋(卵子)里來的
Okay so...
好了……
I want you all to be polite
我希望你們都表現得
respectful and don't make waves.
講文明,懂禮貌,不要惹麻煩
Why you only looking at me?
你為什么只對我說?
No I'm talking to all of you.
不,我是在對你們所有人說
Dude you were looking right at me.
伙計,你就是在看著我
Okay I was talking to you.
好吧,我就是在對你說
Why do all your shirts have black men on them?
為什么你的衣服上都會印著黑人呢?
It's notorious B.I.G.!
這可是赫赫有名的大先生好么!
Me and him are both dudes with mad dreams
我和他都是有著瘋狂夢想的青年
just trying to get a little bit of respect in the game
渴望在人生這場游戲中獲得一點尊重
just trying to get a nut.
渴望能夠投籃得分
Jessica I figured it out.
杰西卡,我想明白了
Dad how come we have to start school on a Wednesday?
爸爸,為什么我們非得周三就去報到上課?
That's a great question. Go to school.
問得好,快去上學
Go go go go.
快,快,快
I was blowdrying my hair and I figured it out...
我正在吹頭發,然后我就想明白啦...
how the restaurant can attract bigger crowds.
怎么才能使餐館吸引更多人來呢?
Well how?
是啊,怎么做?
I need to hire a white host.
我得雇一個白人當老板
Instead of people coming in and seeing a Chinese face
與其讓人們走進餐館看見一副中國面孔
and saying "Huh?
然后心想“嗯?
I thought this was an old west steakhouse"
我以為這是家西部牛排店”
they see a white face and say "Oh hello white friend.
不如讓他們看見張白人臉孔然后說“哦,你好,白人朋友
I am comfortable."
我感到很愜意”
See?
看?
Exactly. Not welcoming.
就是這種表情,不歡迎!
That's why no to your face and yes to the white face!
你覺得不行的樣子就會是白人們覺得不錯的樣子!
Nice happy white face like Bill Pullman.
好極了,快樂的白人面孔,要長得跟比爾,普爾曼似的
Class I'd like to introduce you to a new student.
同學們,我要給大家介紹一位新同學
I know it's a little unorthodox being a Wednesday and all
我知道周三來新同學很不尋常
but I'd like you all to give a warm
但我還是希望大家能熱烈地
Abraham Lincoln middle school welcome to...
來個亞伯拉罕,林肯式的歡迎……
"Hungge Yi Minge."
航吉亞明
Yeah call me Eddie.
好吧,叫我艾迪就好
Oh thank God.
哦,謝天謝地
What's up? Cool if I sit?
嗨,我坐這里可以嗎?
No.
不行
Fine but don't try to talk to me.
好吧你坐,但不要試著和我聊天
I don't like kids.
我不喜歡孩子
My best friend is a 40yearold man.
我最好的朋友是個40歲的中年人
Yo. Yo Chinese kid.
喲,喲,中國小孩兒
What's your name again? Something Chinese?
你叫啥名字來著?啥中國名?
My name's Eddie.
我叫艾迪
Eddie?
艾迪?
You into B.I.G.?
你喜歡B.I.G.?傳奇說唱歌手
Yeah man. He's sick.
是啊,老兄,他老酷炫了
I bought "Ready to die" The day it came out.
“受死吧”發行當天我就去買了
You bought it? I stole it.
你買的?我偷的
Yo come sit with us. Yeah?
喲,跟我們坐一塊,真的?
Okay man. Cool.
好的,伙計,太棒了
A white dude and an Asian dude bonding over a black dude.
一個白人和一個亞洲人,因一個黑人而結緣
This cafeteria's ridiculous.
這食堂真是太扯了
So I'm Eddie.
那么,我叫艾迪
What's up? Brock: Hey dude.
你好啊?嘿,你好伙計
What's up man?
你好啊老兄
Yeah so my cousin told me about B.I.G.
是啊,我去年夏天去找我表哥玩的時候
when I went to visit him last summer and he...
他告訴了我一些有關大先生的消息,而且他……
Oh! What is that?! Gross!
哦天哪!這是什么?!惡心!
It's Chinese food. My mom made it.
這是中華料理,我媽媽做的
Get it out of here! Oh my God!
帶著這個走開!我的天哪!
Ying Ding's eating worms.
這中國佬居然吃蟲子
Go! Go! Oh! Get that out of here!
走啊!哦!帶著這個走開!
Go! Dude that smells nasty!
走啊!伙計,那聞起來真令人惡心
Oh it didn't go well?
哦,進展不順利嗎?
The white people didn't welcome you with open arms?
那些白人沒有張開雙臂迎接你嗎?
What? Sit elsewhere B.I.G.
怎么會這樣,去別的地方坐吧大先生
Oh I cannot believe Jake slept with Brittany.
哦,我真不敢相信杰克和布蘭妮睡了
He knew Palmer woodward was using her
他明明知道帕默,伍德沃德是在把她
as part of a plot to destroy him
作為陰謀的一部分來試圖摧毀他
and help Amanda take controlling interest of Melrose Place.
并且幫助阿曼達奪回MP公司的股份
Right Jessica?
是吧,杰西卡
Yes. All those white people sound like they are making mistake.
是啊,聽起來這些白人都在犯錯誤
Oh the school bus is here!
哦,校車來了!
I should go see how my boys' day was.
我要去看看我的兒子們這一天過的怎么樣
Okay sugar.
好的,親愛的
Bye. I'm making you a mixtape.
拜拜,我給你做了一張混合專輯
I hope you like Eric Clapton.
希望你喜歡埃里克,帕特里克,克萊普頓
Thank you.
謝謝
Hey. So how was your first...
嘿,你的第一天怎么……
They said my lunch smelled!
他們說我的午餐有味道!
It smelled delicious?
美味的味道?
No they said it stank mom!
不是,他們說是臭味,媽媽
I had to eat behind the gym
我不得不躲在體育館后面把它吃完
where the janitor flies his kite.
看門人還在那放風箏
This is nice.
這真不錯
Well those kids they just don't know that's all.
好了,那些孩子他們只是不懂事,就是這樣
It just... it just take time to get used to something different.
這只是,只是接受不同的事物需要一點時間
I hate it here! I want to go back to D.C.
我討厭這里,我想回到華盛頓
Eddie that's not possible. We are here now.
艾迪,那是不可能的,我們已經在這里了
We have to make the best of it.
我們必須做到最好
Like I am doing with this neighbor woman.
就像我現在和女鄰居們做的這檔子事
You think I like pretending
你以為我喜歡假裝認為
Samantha isn't carrying a baggie of dog poops in her hand?
薩曼莎手里拿的不是一袋狗屎嗎?
No! I don't like this! We all see the poops there!
不是的!我不喜歡這樣!我們都看見了那坨屎了!
It's rolling around! But I am trying!
在那晃來晃去,但是我在努力!
You have to try too.
你也要努力啊
You're never on my side.
你從來不會站在我這邊
Eddie. Eddie wait!
艾迪,艾迪,等等!
Hey mom.
嘿,媽媽
This is my girlfriend Kim.
這是我的女朋友,金
Hi Mrs. Huang.
你好,黃太太
I'm gonna walk her home okay? Bye Mrs. Huang.
我要把她送回家,好嗎?再見,黃太太
Mom.
媽媽
There's a fat kid at school named J.J. and he's hilarious.
學校里有一個小胖子叫J.J.,他太搞笑了
Help mommy.
扶媽媽回去
Comic sans. That's a funny font.
漫畫字體,這字體真有趣
Thank you.
謝謝
It's a great resume.
這簡歷很棒
Yeah I've always wanted to work at a golden saddle.
恩,我一直都想在金鞍燒烤牛排餐廳工作
This isn't a golden saddle.
這不是一家金鞍餐廳
Yes it is. Isn't it? This is Cattleman's Ranch.
這就是啊,不是嗎?這家餐廳叫牧場主的牧場
But I thought like a spinoff of golden saddle 'cause it's got all the same stuff.
但我還以為這可能是金鞍餐廳的衍生產品呢,因為賣的東西都是一樣的
It's not the same stuff. It's very different stuff.
東西不同好嗎?完全不一樣
Well that bear is the same.
好吧,那只熊是一樣的
No that bear is brown.
不是,這只熊是棕色的
At golden saddle the bear is black.
而在那家餐廳,熊是黑色的
The snake skins? Different snake.
那那個蛇皮呢?那是不同的蛇
Completely different snake.
完全不一樣的蛇
Okay yeah. Look you're the boss.
好吧,好的,聽著,你是老板
If you tell me this is not a golden saddle
如果你告訴我這不是一家金鞍牛排的分店
I'm gonna believe you. No it's completely different.
我就相信你,不是,這完全不一樣
You're crazy. I am.
你瘋了,好吧,我是
I'm... I mean I'm not super crazy
我……我的意思是,我也不是很瘋狂啦
'cause it does look exactly the same.
因為看起來確實一模一樣
This is the original Cattleman's Ranch Steakhouse.
這是一家原創的牧場主的牧場牛排餐廳
So there's more than one? Nno there's just one.
所以說不止一家咯,不,不是,只有一家
There's no other restaurant like it okay?
沒有任何一家餐廳和這一樣,好嗎?
Okay. Okay.
好的,好的
So Mitch tell me... where are you from?
好了,米奇,告訴我……你從哪來?
Orlando born and raised.
奧蘭多,生于斯長于斯
I love Orlando.
我愛奧蘭多
Where else am I gonna see an alligator
我還能在哪看到一只短吻鱷
run out on the street and eat a cat?
在街上橫沖直撞而且還吃貓呢
I am a cat person too.
我也是一個貓控
That's good. Yeah.
那很好,是啊
Mitch you're hired.
米奇,你被錄用了
Well Evan is not going to school today.
好了埃文今天不會去學校
His fat friend J.J. gave him string cheese
他的胖子朋友J.J.給了他乳酪絲
and apparently he is lactose intolerant.
同時很明顯,他有乳糖不耐癥
His body is rejecting white culture
他的身體在抵觸著白人文化
which make me kind of proud.
這讓我有點自豪
Good job Evan.
干的漂亮,埃文
Mom no! I don't want Chinese lunch!
媽媽,別這樣,我不要中國菜
I want whitepeople food!
我想要和白人一樣的食物
The kids at school will get used to it!
學校里的那些孩子會逐漸適應接受的!
Ugh! You're never on my side.
哦,你永遠都不會站在我這邊
What are you doing?
你這是干什么?
You're not gonna have any lunch to eat.
你會沒午飯吃的
I'll be fine.
我沒事
Kids aren't teasing you about your lunch?
那些孩子沒有取笑你的午飯嗎?
No not yet. They will.
還沒有啊,他們總有一天會的
People here suck. Totally.
這里的人都很爛,爛透了
Hey Emery! Hey what's up?
嘿,埃默里,嘿,今天過得怎么樣?
Oh hey Emery. You coming to my birthday party next weekend?
哦,嘿,埃默里,你下個星期要不要參加我的生日派對?
Hey George. I'll be there.
嘿,喬治,我會去的
Hey boo. Got you a soda.
嘿,給你帶了罐汽水
Why aren't chicks bringing me soda?
怎么沒妞給我帶飲料呢?
You want it too much.
你想要的多的去了
Hey Mitch. Hey. How's the lunch...
嘿,米奇,午飯怎么樣?
crowd?
人多么?
It's still the same?
還是一樣?
I just think we have to give it time you know?
我們應該耐心等等,你知道么?
Get the word out there. No.
先別這么說,不行
I moved my whole family here for this.
我全家遷居到這就是為了這個餐廳
I need your caucasian features to work now!
我要你現在就發揮你白色人種的作用!
My wife is not a patient woman.
我老婆耐不住性子
Do you know how many times she tried to start a garden?
你知道她想要一個花園想了多久了么?
Have you ever seen a woman yelling at seeds?
你見沒見過一個女的對著種子發火的?
"Grow! Grow!" I hear you.
“長啊!快給我長啊!”我了解了
You know my mom is the worst roommate.
你知道么,我媽是最世上難忍受的室友
It's like if you're making toast make us both toast.
就好像,如果你要烤面包,就要幫我們一起烤
Uh that's why there's two slots you know?
嗯,這就是為什么烤面包機會有兩個槽了,你知道么?
I talked to my sister today.
今天我和我姐談了談
My brother bought a brandnew miata.
我哥買了輛馬自達
It's not new. There's no way that car is new.
二手貨,不可能是新的
I think it's new. No.
我覺得是新的,不可能
New. No.
是新的,不是
It's not new.
不是新的
Eddie why are you eating so much? Eddie
你干嘛吃那么快?
I'm hungry.
我餓
Didn't you eat your lunch today?
你中午沒吃飯么?
Yeah but I'm still hungry.
吃了,但我還是餓
Oh okay.
奧,好吧
How you like the xiaolongbao I pack you?
我中午給你打包的小籠包味道怎么樣?
It was really good. Liar.
很好吃,騙子
I did not pack xiaolongbao!
我壓根就沒給你打包小籠包
Okay. Fine.
好,好吧
I threw my lunch away.
我把午飯扔了
I cannot believe you Eddie! Come on Eddie.
我真不敢相信艾迪,搞什么
That's wasteful man. This is good food I make.
你太浪費了,這是我做的美味的食物
You love my food.
你喜歡吃我做的東西
I need whitepeople lunch.
我需要白人吃的午飯
That gets me a seat at the table.
這能讓我在餐桌上得到一個座位
And then you get to change the rules.
然后你就能夠改變這個游戲規則了
Represent like nas says.
就像nas說的提出異議
I'm not trying to eat with the janitor for the rest of my life.
在我的后半生我不要和門衛一起吃飯
I got big plans.
我有一個大的計劃
First get a seat at the table.
首先,得到一個餐桌的座位
Second meet Shaq.
其次,和鯊魚奧尼爾見面
Third change the game.
最后,改變游戲規則
Possibly with the help of Shaq.
也許還需要奧尼爾的幫助
Damn it that was beautiful.
媽蛋,計劃太完美了
That filthy music you listen to turned you into a poet boy.
兒子啊,你聽的那鬼音樂居然把你變成了一個詩人
Okay.
好吧
What is this whitepeople lunch?
白人的午餐長什么樣?
What is this store so excited about?
這商店在激動個什么鬼啊?
This is where lunchables live mom.
媽媽,這就是營養的棲息地
If we get separated try and join a white family.
如果我們不小心分開了,你盡量跟著白人家庭
You will be safe there until I can find you.
那樣在我找到你之前能確保你沒事
Whoa.
喔
This is not how I like to shop.
這不是我喜歡的購物方式
This place looks like a hospital.
這里跟醫院似的
I miss the taiwanese markets back in D.C.
我好懷念華盛頓哥倫比亞特區那臺灣人的集貿市場
They make me feel so calm.
那里能讓我鎮靜
Wow.
哇
Everything fits perfectly inside the box.
所有的東西都能剛剛好裝在盒子里
Awesome!
太酷了!
You want to fit inside a box?
你要適應吃盒子里的東西?
That's so American.
太美國味兒了
Why are you so American? Fiesta tortilla chip? Free sample.
你為什么要這么美國化?假日墨西哥炸玉米片?試吃樣品
This is free? Okay!
免費的?好的!
How are you doing?
你們還好么?
Everyone getting ready for the shoot? You good Nancy?
準備好拍攝了額么?南希你沒問題吧?
Can I have Saturday off? I'm deejaying a bat mitzvah.
周六我能請個假么?我要給猶太教當唱片師
Nope.
不可以
Hey Joe no Margaritas till after the shoot okay?
嘿喬拍攝完不要再讓我看到瑪格麗特了好嗎?
Okay.
好
Hey Mr. Cattleman.
嘿,牧場主先生
How we feeling? We all ready to go?
感覺怎么樣?準備好開始了么?
Uh not really.
呃,不是特別好
I feel like I've told you numerous times.
我記得和你說過很多次
I don't want to do this but all you do is smile and nod.
我不想這么做,但你的回應一直是點頭微笑
No you're doing it. No that... you're doing it.
別,又來了,不,你又這樣
What is all this Louis?
這些都是什么鬼,路易斯?
We are shooting a local commercial.
我們在拍一個地方的商業廣告
A commercial? Why didn't you tell me?
廣告?你事先怎么不告訴我?
How much is this going to cost us?!
這要花我們多少錢啊?!
Come here. Come on.
過來,拜托
I miss our family and friends in Washington D.C.
我想念我們在華盛頓特區的親朋好友了
And Eddie's having a hard time at school.
艾迪在學校混的不好
And Evan is lactose intolerant.
埃文也對乳糖不耐受
And Emery...
埃默里還……
well Emery's doing surprisingly well.
埃默里過得出奇的好
But all you care about is the stupid restaurant
但是你所關心的就只有這該死的餐館
which is the whole reason I agreed to move here!
我同意搬來這的的原因是什么!
Because you say it was doing well!
是因為你說這一切都好!
It's not doing well! And so I am worried about money.
一點都不好!我現在都擔心我們的錢了
And look at my hair!
你再看看我的頭發
My hair is terrible!
我的頭發糟透了!
Your hair is terrible but so was mine.
你的頭發不好,我的也是一樣
And I fixed it using product.
但是我用東西把它弄好了
I love that you have big dreams
我很喜歡你有一個偉大的夢想
but I don't want to lose everything Louis.
但是我不想失去一切,路易斯
Let's just go home.
我們回去吧
We can't do that. Why?
我們不能那樣做,為什么?
What's so important we had to move here
有什么重要的事我們非要搬到這里
and change our whole lives?
改變我們的整個生活?
Sorry to interrupt Mr. Huang.
抱歉打擾,王先生
The burro is ready for blocking.
驢已經準備好了
Thank you Nancy.
謝謝你,南希
We'll discuss this later.
我們一會再討論
Oh cool.
嘿
You got turkey and cheese lunchables?
你帶的火雞芝士三明治
I got pizza.
我帶的披薩
Yo man! What you doing?!
干嘛呢你!
Get used to it. You're the one at the bottom now.
你會習慣的,你現在是在學校底層的那個
No I'm not!
不,我不是
Yeah you are!
不,你是
It's my turn chink!
這是我的地盤,中國佬
And according to the lunch monitor
根據飯堂錄像
he kicked him in the groinal area
他踢了他肚子
shoved pudding in his face
把布丁摔到他臉上
and unleashed a stream of obscenities
還大罵臟話
I can't repeat because God is listening.
我在此無法重復,因為上帝在聽世間的一切
There were some words he used that I've never heard before
他用了一些我一起從來沒聽過的詞
and I grew up in Boston.
我在波士頓長大的
This is a very serious offense Mr. And Mrs. Huang.
這是一個非常嚴重的冒犯,王先生,王太太
Yes it is. We are very upset.
對的,我們都為此感到遺憾
That you didn't do anything to defend Eddie.
但是你沒有替艾迪想一下
Excuse me?
抱歉?
That boy called our son a chink.
那個男孩叫我兒子中國佬
You think that's okay?
你覺得這個挺好嗎?
Why didn't you do anything about that?
為什么對此你沒有做任何事
How come only Eddie's out there?!
為什么只有艾迪在門外呆著
How come that boy is not also out there?!
為什么那個男孩沒來這里
Where are his parents?!
他的父母呢?
Or his 40-year-old best friend?
還是那個40歲的最好的朋友?
And why aren't we talking about the fact that he has a...
為什么我們不談談他有
40-year-old best friend?!
一個40歲的好朋友
The school's fine with that? Fishy.
學校覺得這樣挺好嗎?真是可疑
I don't think you understand.
我覺得你可能不理解
We're talking about possible suspension.
我們在談停學的事
If you try to suspend our son because of this
如果你因為這個事停我們兒子的學,我就
we will sue everyone in this school.
把你們每一個人都告上法庭
So fast it'll make your head spin.
如此之快,將會讓你腦袋發暈
Hey it's the American way right?
這是標準美國式作風,對嗎
You know about that.
你知道的
Oh I um have a coupon for you. Oh yes.
對了,我有一個優惠卷給你,對
It's a restaurant called Cattleman's ranch.
這有一個飯店叫牧場主的牧場
Special.
很特別
You get a free onion blossom
你可以得到免費的洋蔥花
with the purchase of any entree but you have to buy a drink.
如果你點了一道主菜的話,但是前提是你得買飲料
Wwhy did you stand up for me?
你為什么替我出頭?
You do your best not to make waves
你最好盡力不要惹出亂子
but I will never be mad at you for standing up for yourself.
但是我不會因為你為自己出頭而對你生氣
This is why.
這就是原因
This is why what?
啥原因?
This is why we moved here.
這就是我們為什么搬到這里來
I'm sorry for what happened to Eddie
我很遺憾艾迪身上發生的事情
but it's going to make him stronger.
但是這將會讓他更強壯
In fact us coming to this new place
事實上,我們來到這個新地方
is going to make us all stronger.
會讓我們都變得更強
I came down here and I opened a wild west restaurant
我來到這,開了一個狂野西部菜館
because this is the wild west...
因為這里就是狂野的西部
a lawless land for only the bravest of families!
一個法外之地,只有勇敢的家庭才敢來
There is opportunity here
這里有機會
to make a better life for our family.
可以讓我們家庭的生活更好
I don't want to work for your brother forever.
我不想永遠的為你兄弟打工
No. Me?
我不是那種人?
I got big dreams.
我有大夢想
I got big plans.
我有大計劃
Things were okay for us back in D.C.
我們在華盛頓特區的生活說的過去
but I want more than okay for us.
但是我想要的不只是說得過去
You're just trying to get a nut dad.
爸爸,你在努力嘗試
I want more than okay for us too.
我也想要給我們的不只是說得過去的生活
I am with you.
我和你在一起
Nut for me also.
也要為我努力
But this is not the west. This is the south.
但是這不是西部,這是南部
If we want to go west we should go to California.
假如我們要去西部,我們應該去加利福尼亞
Do you know how expensive California is?
你只要加利福尼亞物價多昂貴嗎
This is west for us. This is fine.
這是我們的西部,這兒挺好的
When you live in a lunchables world
假如你住在方便食品的世界
it's not always easy being homemade chinese food.
做中國家常菜就不那么容易了
But it's also what makes you special.
但是也同時讓你顯得特殊
My family was gonna create their place in Orlando
我的家庭要在奧蘭多市找到自己的位置
and we're gonna do it our way
我們就要用自己的方式
because you don't have to pretend to be someone else
因為我們不用假裝我們是和他們一樣
in order to belong.
來產生歸屬感
Yeah son.
對的,兒子
A little bit of respect.
一點點尊重就行
like B.I.G. Said if you don't know now you know.
就像是大先生說的,如果你不知道,現在你知道了
Hey y'all.
嗨,大家好
When my neck gets red
我的脖子變成紅的
'cause of my white skin is out in the yellow sun
是因為我的白皮膚被太陽曬的
I like to come here to Cattleman's ranch
我喜歡來牧場主的牧場
Where I can get comfortable along people of my own kind.
在這里我可以和我的同族舒服的談話
Maybe meet my wife or my cousin.
也許可以遇到我的妻子或表兄
Or my cousin's wife.
或者我表兄的妻子
For an onion blossom for only 2.99.
洋蔥花只賣2.99刀
Tell them I send you.
告訴他們這是我
Who am I? Cattleman Mitch.
我是誰?牧場主米奇
And his pal Eric the donkey.
還有他的老伙計驢,埃里克
I think we really have something here.
我覺得這里真值得我們來