1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、release
釋放;放出
He was released from custody the next day.
第二天他被從拘留所里放了出來。
He is expected to be released from hospital today.
他有望今天出院。
使免除;使免于
Divorce releases both the husband and wife from all marital obligations to each other.
離婚解除了夫妻雙方相互之間所有的婚姻義務。
This releases the teacher to work with individuals who are having extreme difficulty.
這使得教師可以專門輔導學習特別吃力的學生。
發泄,釋放(情感);展示(能力)
Becoming your own person releases your creativity.
保持自己的本色才有助于發揮自身創造力。
I personally don't want to release my anger on anyone else.
我個人并不想把自己的憤怒發泄在別人身上。