1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、control
(對機構、地方、體系等的)控制權,支配權
The restructuring involves Mr Ronson giving up control of the company.
這次改組涉及龍森先生放棄對公司的控制權。
The first aim of his government would be to establish control over the republic's territory.
他這屆政府的首要目標是確立對共和國領土的控制權。
控制(能力);支配(能力)
He lost control of his car.
他的汽車失控了。
Some teachers have more control over pupils than their parents have.
有的老師比小學生的父母更能管得住他們。