Rachel: Pheebs, could you maybe hand me a cracker?
Pheebs,遞塊餅干給我好嗎?
Mrs. Geller: Your grandmother would have hated this.
你外婆會不高興的。
Monica: Well, sure, what with it being her funeral and all.
恩,當然,這可是她的葬禮啊。
Mrs. Geller: No, I'd be hearing about 'Why didn't I get the honeyglazed ham?'.I didn't spend enough on flowers, and if I spent more she'd be saying 'Why are you wasting your money? I don't need flowers, I'm dead'.
不,我聽到的是“為什么我沒有蜜釀火腿?”。我沒買太多的花,如果買多了她會說“為什么你要浪費錢?我不要花,我都死了
Monica: That sounds like Nana.
聽起來是外婆的性格。
Mrs. Geller: Do you know what it's like to grow up with someone who is critical of every single thing you say?
你知道從小到大和挑剔你每一句話的人生活在一起的滋味嗎?
Monica: I can imagine.
我想像得到。
Mrs. Geller: I'm telling you, it's a wonder your mother turned out to be the positive, lifeaffirming person that she is.
我告訴你,你媽媽我能變成這樣一個積極向上、堅定生活的人,真是個奇跡。
TMonica: That is a wonder.So tell me something, Mom. If you had to do it all over again, I mean, if she was here right now, would you tell her?
這是個奇跡。告訴我,媽媽。如果你可以重來一次,我的意思是,如果她現在在這兒,你會告訴她嗎?
Mrs. Geller: Tell her what?
告訴她什么?
Monica: How she drove you crazy, picking on every little detail, like your hair...for example.
她怎么讓你抓狂,挑剔每一個細節,比如你的頭發……之類的。
Mrs. Geller: I'm not sure I know what you're getting at.
我不明白是否聽懂你的意思了。
Monica: Do you think things would have been better if you'd just told her the truth?
你認為如果你告訴她實情會比較好嗎?
Mrs. Geller: No. I think some things are better left unsaid. I think it's nicer when people just get along.
不。我認為有些事不說會比較好。我想大家融洽相處比較好。