Mr. Mellon, are we talking about gross incompetence
梅隆先生,您在暗示司法部內部
inside the Justice Department or widespread corruption?
普遍不作為,大范圍腐敗嗎
Human nature leaves ample room for both.
人性使得這兩者容易滋生
I don't want no problem while I'm gone.
我不在的時候不想出事
I thought Torrio had you on a leash.
托里奧沒把你拴好嗎
Well, he left town and I chewed through it.
他一出城我就跑出來了
But you pay him, right?
但是你付他錢,對吧
I mean, he gets his taste no matter what.
他無論如何都有錢拿
Every business has its costs.
各行各業都要花錢的
I need your help. I must dispose of a body.
我需要你的幫助,我要處理一具尸體
It's a series of classes intended
這是一系列課程
I know about it already. All of it.
我已經知道了,你做的事我都知道
Please come if you can.
請盡量來吧
You indicting me, Harry?
你要揭發我嗎,哈利
Indict Remus instead. That's never gonna happen.
揭發雷穆斯吧, 那是不可能的
President Harding would never force Mr. Daugherty's hand.
哈丁總統不會逼達赫提的
Unless someone made him. Such as?
除非有人逼他, 比如說
I hope to offer my services as a fountain of information
我想提供我的服務,做你的消息源
regarding the Attorney General.
關于司法部長的消息
I don't think it's wise.
我覺得這樣很不明智
Don't we both know how to keep a secret?
我們不是都很會保守秘密么
You put yourself on the line.
但你卻勇于深入虎穴
I'll be making a change.
我會做出一個改變
You're running the warehouse with Mickey.
你和米奇一起管理倉庫
Thank you.
謝謝
Nucky Thompson, Arnold Rothstein. They're working together.
努基·湯普森和阿諾德·羅斯坦是一伙的
Give me your blessing. I'll kill 'em all.
祝福我吧,我會把他們全殺了
What is this?
這是什么
Lovely heroin.
愛的海洛因
My son is dead.
我的兒子死了
And nothing will ever bring him back.
一切都無法將他帶回來了
I spoke with the coroner.
我和驗尸官談過了
He made the change you requested.
他按你的要求做了改動
"Accidental drowning."
"意外溺死"
Mr. Whitlock made a persuasive case for discretion.
維特洛克先生這樣判,更有說服力
There is the grandchild in the matter.
畢竟還有個孫子呢
I thought I had my son back.
我以為我兒子回來了
Then he would reach for the needle.
后來他吸毒
And nothing I could do could stop him.
我怎么樣也阻止不了他
Would you like a few more minutes?
你想再多待一會兒嗎
Yes, that's very kind
好的,真是非常感...
We've made our farewells already, I think.
我們已經和他告別了
Would you like to say a last word, Mr. Harrow?
哈羅先生,你最后想跟他說點什么
You two were close.
你們是摯友
Jimmy deserved better than this.
吉米不該是如此下場
You pour your mash in the kettle,
把麥芽漿,玉米,酵母
your corn, yeast what have you mix it with the water.
倒進罐里,然后加水
And you plug in the stopper,
塞好
insert your tubing,
把管子插進去
and fire up the heat.
點火
You wanna keep it around 172, not quite boiling.
溫度保持在78度左右,不要煮沸了
As it all cools down, drips out here,
涼了之后,從這放出來
and abracadabra.
然后就咪呢嘛呢哄
Whiskey. What'd I tell ya?
威士忌出來了, 我說過吧
He's not half as dumb as he looks.
他沒看起來那么笨
What's this?
這是什么
We'll be out of your hair in a minute, dear.
親愛的,我們馬上就走
You're welcome as a guest in our home.
歡迎你們來做客
What about the smell?
味道怎么辦
What about it?
味道怎么了
We have neighbors.
周圍有鄰居呢
Between the cabbage and the fish in that hallway,
走廊里還有蔬菜和魚
who's gonna notice?
誰會注意
Besides, half of them are doing the same thing.
再說了,他們中的半數在做同樣的事
I got people like you all over the North Side, George.
喬治,我在北邊有很多和你一樣的人
Practically an army.
幾乎可以組成一支軍隊了
Nice little sideline.
很好的副業
Except you, of course, are working off a debt
當然你是例外,我幫你處理了尸體
for my help getting rid of that probie's body.
你是為了報恩
I understand. Good.
我明白, 很好
I want two cases a week.
一周我要兩箱
That's 24 bottles.
一共是二十四瓶
Oh, and tomorrow you're coming with us to a meeting.
明天,你和我們一起去開個會
Be on the corner of Wabash and 23rd at 11:00 a.M.
十一點,沃巴什二十三號的拐角處
I have a job, sir.
我還要上班呢,先生
You'll figure something out.
那你自己想法子
Peddles irons. You believe that?
推銷熨斗,你相信嗎
9:00 a.M., the Hotel Astor.
早上九點,艾斯托酒店
I'm on the overnight express.
我坐夜班車過來
New York? Tomorrow, just for the day.
紐約, 明天去,晚上就回來
Rothstein or your other girlfriend?
見羅斯坦還是你的小情人
Neither, actually.
都不是
Where are we with the pony?
馬的事兒,說到哪兒了
Hot tip?
什么馬
For Emily's birthday.
艾米麗的生日禮物
She can hardly walk.
她不能走路啊
Just stating the obvious.
說出事實而已
That's what the pony's for.
所以要馬來代步
She'll love it. So what do you think?
她會喜歡的,你怎么看
Morgans are nice. Calm disposition.
摩根馬不錯,性格溫柔
Or a Shetland maybe.
雪德蘭馬也行
June's sister had one. They can get a bit feisty.
瓊的姐姐有一只,不太溫柔
Chomped her pinky trying to grab a carrot.
為了一根蘿卜,把她小拇指咬斷了
We don't want to coddle her, Eli.
伊萊,我們不想把她寵壞了
Leave it to me. I'll get her all fixed up.
交給我吧, 我會安排好的
I-I don't quite know how to say this.
我,我不知道該怎么說
Just start yammering like always.
和以前一樣,發牢騷吧
James Darmody is dead.
詹姆斯·達莫迪死了
That is pure speculation.
純屬猜測
No. He has drowned.
不,他是溺死的
The death notices.
已出了訃告
"Mishap while bathing at the home of his mother "
在其母親吉莉安·達莫迪太太的家里
Mrs. Gillian Darmody."
洗澡時,不小心溺水身亡"
What the fuck?
這他媽的怎么回事
I'm terribly sorry for your loss.
請節哀順變
Don't be an idiot.
別犯傻了
I mean, you walk down the street
沿街而下
and there's these ruins just sitting there,
周邊都是遺跡
thousands of years old.
有幾千年的歷史了
Look who's back.
看看誰回來了
So how was it?
情況如何
Give me a new perspective, that's for sure.
你必須得說點新鮮的
The medigans it's a fuckin' rat race over here.
那些美國佬,都他媽拼的你死我活
Italy, they take it slow.
意大利人,淡定
A little bread, a little vino.
吃點面包,喝點小酒
What, you want wine? We got a whole fuckin' distillery.
想喝酒呀,我們他媽的有一個釀酒廠
We don't have the feeling.
我們沒那個情調
He was just telling me about the volcano.
他剛在給我說火山
What volcano? Vesuvius.
什么火山, 維蘇威火山(意大利)
That's near Naples.
那不勒斯附近
I know that. I was just there.
我知道,我剛去過
He says the whole place is falling to pieces.
他說那個地方快崩塌了
That's not f-I mean the way they live.
不是...我是說他們生活的方式
Before we hear about the holiday...
在你分享度假樂趣之前...
Yeah, uh, John, welcome home.
約翰,歡迎回來
So we had a little eruption here, too.
我們也出了點事情
Joe Miller.
喬·米勒
Do I know him? He's with O'Banion.
我認識嗎, 奧巴尼恩的手下
At least he was.
反正生前是
So he's past tense.
他死了
He insulted Jake, smacked him around.
他侮辱杰克,抽他耳光
And O'Banion how'd he take it?
奧巴尼恩怎么處理的
He's touchy. I kept it on ice.
他生氣了,我把事情穩下來了
He's gonna come by the yards tomorrow to hash it out.
他明天會過來,解決這事
I didn't write 'cause I know you was trying to relax.
我沒寫信,因為我知道你想休息
I mean, I know you said you didn't want no problems,
我知道你說過不想出岔子
and I'm sure you're sore, but there was nothing I could do.
你肯定很生氣,但我是不得已而為之
You did what you thought was right.
你做了你認為對的事
Yeah.
對
Tomorrow, then.
那就明天解決
There's still the matter of Tommy's guardianship.
湯米的監護人還是個問題
Whatever it costs. You're raising him in a whorehouse.
不計代價, 你放他在妓院里生活
It's a health resort.
這里是健康的休息場所
They're going to want to inspect everything, you know.
各個方面他們都會審查的
Ahem, ma'am, Mr. Thompson is calling.
夫人,湯普森先生來了
Show him in.
讓他進來
Do you know what you can always rely on in this business?
你知道這行最值得仰仗的是什么嗎
What?
是什么
Sooner or later,
遲早
everyone steps through your door.
不管誰,都會上門來
Leander, would you mind
利安德,你能
if I spoke with Mrs. Darmody alone?
讓我和達莫迪太太單獨聊聊嗎
You're working toward something. Remember that.
你還有事情要做,請記住
I've come to offer my condolences.
我特地前來,以示哀悼
How very kind.
十分感激
You can imagine my shock when I saw this morning's paper.
我看到消息時,震驚萬分
A young man cut down in his prime.
一顆繁星的隕落
A troubled young man.
不幸的繁星
Driven to narcotics, truth be told.
事實是,吸毒致死
I hadn't even realized he was back in town.
我都不知道他回來了
Last week.
上周回來的
Back from one of his excursions.
遠行歸來
I would very much liked to have seen him.
我其實很想見見他
And he you, I'm sure.
他也是,我肯定
Things were rather tense last time.
雖然你們上一次見面氣氛不太好
To James.
敬詹姆斯
Shall we stop now with all this nonsense?
能省了這些廢話嗎
It is nonsense, isn't it?
的確是廢話,對吧
We should really be drinking to the sap who died in your tub.
我們敬的,應該是死在你浴缸里的那個笨蛋
You killed my son, Nucky.
你殺了我兒子,努基
You're out of your mind. And I'll never see him again.
胡說, 我不會再見你
A man who buried a son himself
親手殺死我兒子的人
I had nothing to do with any of that.
那不關我的事
-to stand there and lie to my face!
還當著我的面撒謊
After all the disappointments,
我已經歷了這么多失望
the false promises I kept every one.
虛假的承諾, 我履行了承諾
to him and to me.
對我,對他的虛假承諾
Here's what I came to tell you.
我來是為了告訴你
Whatever you're trying to pull,
不管你想搞什么花樣
there's something you'd best keep in mind
你最好謹記一些事
you exist in this town because I allow you to.
你能在這里立足,是因為我點了頭
And all in all, I'd say that's
總而言之,我會說...
Very generous of you.
您真慷慨
You'd be wise to say that like you mean it.
你最好說得真切點
Well, next is the delicate matter of the act itself.
下一個該討論文件的敏感字眼了
Something you're looking forward to, is it?
這是你最期待的事情,對吧
My concern is that it be placed within the proper moral context.
我更關心它是否符合道德規范
I'm here to keep him on the path, Sister.
我會監督他的,修女
I will see you both next Thursday.
我們下周四再見
Am I wrong or is she flirting with me?
是我誤會了,還是她在對我調情
Every time we talk, she always brings it around to sex.
每次談話都會被她扯到性方面去
Mrs. Shearer.
席勒夫人
Do you have a question?
有問題要問嗎
I need to talk to her.
我要和她談談
Well, I have reports to attend to
我還有報告要寫
and maybe a chance to actually eat dinner, so...
或許好好吃頓晚餐,那么失陪了
I'm glad you were able to come to the classes.
你能來聽課真是太好了
I hope you're finding them useful.
希望課程內容對你有所幫助
If there's anything
如果有什么需要...
My husband won't keep off me.
我丈夫不肯放過我
I told him I wasn't ready.
我說過我還沒準備好
And he waited for a while,
之后他等了一陣
but now...
可是現在...
Did you explain to him that it still isn't
你有沒有向他解釋現在為時過早
I don't want another child,
我不想再生孩子了
no matter what.
無論如何
That's not something we're allowed to discuss here.
這里是不可以談論這個的
It's what every woman who came tonight wants to know.
這才是今晚來聽課的每一個女人想要知道的
I made a promise to the sister
我向修女保證過
You came to me, you offered help.
是你找到我,要提供幫助
I there is a pamphlet I can give you.
我...我可以給你一本小冊子
It explains different methods
里面講解了許多不同的方法...
I don't need a pamphlet
我不需要小冊子
or some man to tell me what I already know.
或者什么男人來教我已經知道的東西
When you first saw me and I was bleeding...
我們第一次見面,我在流血
I wasn't...
其實不是...
Yes?
什么
I stored the milk.
我故意留的陳牛奶
I waited.
等它變質
It wasn't an accident.
那不是意外
You understand?
你懂嗎
I drank it on purpose to lose the baby.
我喝陳牛奶來流掉孩子
I won't go through that again.
我再也不要經歷那樣的事了
What do you need?
你需要什么
One of those Dutch caps that go up here
那種用在這里的子宮帽
so I can control things.
讓我可以控制生育
But I don't know how to get one.
可我不知道從哪里弄
You have to ask a doctor.
你要問醫生要
A doctor won't give me a diaphragm.
醫生不會給我子宮隔膜的
A doctor won't even listen to me.
醫生甚至不會聽我說話
Doctors only listen to ladies like you.
醫生只聽你這樣的夫人說話
It is okay, husband.
沒事的,丈夫
Sleep.
睡吧
Plan to take in any shows while you're in New York?
打算在紐約看出戲嗎
I hadn't really considered it.
還沒考慮過
"Dizzy Izzy" Is a lot of laughs.
《頭暈依奇》很有趣
I could set you up with house seats.
我可以給你安排保留座位
Let's keep the favors to a minimum.
娛樂先放到一邊吧
What do you do for fun, Esther?
你平時有什么消遣,埃斯特
I run naked through the pages of the United States Criminal Code.
我在《美國刑法》的篇章間裸奔
Really?
真的嗎
I believe I can say with some conviction
我想我可以有信心地說
that the arrangements are in place.
事情已經安排妥當
Where is he?
他在哪里
Miss Randolph, do you wish to be privy to these revelations?
蘭多夫小姐,你有興趣知道這些事情的細節嗎
In for a penny.
非常
Mm, I applaud your boldness.
我贊成您的直率
Secretary Mellon is in Manhattan today
梅隆部長今天在曼哈頓
attending to matters particular to his private enterprises.
處理他私人產業的一些事物
He will, as a creature of habit,
按照習慣他今天會在
take his luncheon at the Union Club
聯合俱樂部用午餐
on 51st Street and 5th Avenue.
第五大道五十一街
How do I get in there?
我怎么進去
You, Mr. Thompson, cannot.
你,湯普森先生是進不去的
However, Mr. Charles Rickson of Missouri can,
然而,密蘇里州的查爾斯·里克森先生卻可以
owing to a reciprocal agreement with the Kansas City Club.
因為卡薩斯城俱樂部與聯合俱樂部有互惠協議
Charles Rickson?
查爾斯·里克森
You have prospered mightily in beef, Mr. Rickson,
里克森先生,您是牛肉產業大亨
and your name is on the register.
冊子上有您的名字
What do I need to know?
我需要知道什么
Andrew Mellon is one of the richest men in the world.
安德魯·梅隆是世界上最富有的人之一
As the head of the Treasury Department,
作為財政部部長
he's responsible for enforcing Prohibition
推行禁酒令實施與收繳賦稅
as well as collecting the income tax,
都是他的責任
neither of which I understand him to be partial to.
據我所知,兩者他都不太喜歡
And he despises Harry Daugherty.
還有他憎惡哈利·達赫提
Whom he regards as no more than a common thief
他認為達赫提不過是一個小賊
not to cast dispersions on our employer.
不是我對領導不敬
Is that enough to get Mellon to arrest Remus?
這足以讓梅隆逮捕達赫提嗎
The secretary's business interests are manifold.
這位部長的商業投資很廣
He is prominent in finance, steel, coal.
突出的有金融,鋼鐵,煤礦
He is also the majority shareholder
他還是賓夕法尼亞州
in the Old Overholt Distillery in West Overton, Pennsylvania.
西奧弗頓老歐文赫特酒廠的大股東
Andrew Mellon owns a distillery?
安德魯·梅隆有酒廠
Pointless possession in this day and age,
在現今的情勢下算不上大產業
but it is remarkable how large small irritations
但是微小的刺激
can loom in the minds of great men.
卻總能影響偉人的決斷
That's all you're going to give me?
你就只告訴我這些
Rather more than you walked in with.
您所知已經比進門時多了許多
The rest will be a tribute to your resourcefulness.
余下的就要靠足下的聰明才智了
You know, I don't think I do want to hear everything.
我要是不要知道所有細節為好
You notice anything funny lately?
發現最近有什么有趣的事了嗎
What do you mean? At work.
你指什么, 工作上
You know, the way people been acting.
大家最近的行為
Johnny say anything to you? About what?
強尼對你說過什么嗎, 關于什么
About what happened-Joe Miller.
關于發生的事,喬·米勒
Why? Was he sore?
怎么,他病了嗎
I don't know. Didn't say nothing.
我不知道,什么都沒啥
I don't like this, Jake.
我不喜歡這里,杰克
It's where the meat comes from.
這樣才有肉吃
Hitch up your pants. They're hanging off your ass.
提提褲子,都要掉了
Boys! John!
小子們, 約翰
You want coffee?
喝咖啡嗎
I had espresso at home.
在家剛喝過
Look at this place.
瞧瞧這地方
You believe the stink?
這么臭,能相信嗎
It's where the meat comes from.
這樣才有肉吃
O'Banion.
奧巴尼恩
Dean, how you been? John.
迪恩,你怎么樣, 約翰
You know Hymie Weiss.
你認得猶太佬維斯吧
Good to see you.
很榮幸
There's a new face.
這里有張新面孔
He's my muscle.
我的打手
What's in the case?
箱子里是什么
Tell him, George.
告訴他,喬治
Irons. Yeah.
熨斗, 對
Press you out nice and flat.
熨得又平又帖
Where you from?
你是哪里人
Me? Cicero.
我嗎,西塞羅
So this Joe Miller business
喬·米勒的事
I've been very well behaved.
我可是很講道理
Cooled my heels waiting for you I was over in Naples.
等你等得腳都麻了, 我當時在那不勒斯
Different world, Deanie. Meanwhile
截然不同的世界,迪恩尼,然而...
People there very gracious with each other.
那邊的人彼此間相當慷慨
You know why? All due respect
知道為什么嗎, 無意冒犯...
Because they understand life is short.
因為他們懂得人生短暫
Threats? Really?
威脅我,真的嗎
You show up after months and you got the gall
你幾個月不出現,一來就...
Hey! John's talking.
約翰還沒說完
He took a fucking barstool to Joe Miller's head.
他用酒吧高腳凳砸喬·米勒的腦袋
Standing in our speak like you own the fuckin' joint.
以為這是你的地盤嗎, 不怕風大閃了舌頭
This is how you settle a beef... Yeah.
你們就這么了事, 對
when I'm the one who kept my word, huh?
我可是言而有信
Pompeii. What?
龐貝, 什么
Pom-peii. You heard of it?
龐貝,聽說過嗎
The town was buried in 79 A.D.
古城于公元七十九年被埋葬
These poor fuckin' souls
那些可憐的人
for generations they're next to this mountain.
祖祖輩輩居住在山腳下
They got no idea it's actually a volcano.
完全不知道那是一座火山
One day, they're going about their affairs and boom!
有一天大家照常生活,一聲巨響
The lava. Covers everything.
火山巖漿覆蓋了一切
Not even time to run.
甚至沒有時間逃走
Right.
對
They're still there hundreds of them,
他們還在那里,數百人
frozen, like statues.
凝固在那里,就像雕像
One fella a blacksmith or something
有一個人,鐵匠什么的
still got the hammer in his hand.
手里還握著錘子
He died doing what?
他死的時候在做什么
Banging on some tin for a few shekels
為了幾個舍客勒做錫器
or whatever they used.
或者是別的什么錢幣
And losing that money
他怕失去這份錢
he was more afraid of that
甚至遠甚于
than losing his life.
害怕失去生命
So Joe Miller.
那么喬·米勒呢
Al here's gonna work something out.
這件事阿爾來處理
I came here to settle with you.
我是來找你談的
Well, there's your mistake, Deanie.
那就是你的錯誤了,迪恩尼
'Cause the person to talk to was Al.
因為你該找的人是阿爾
The past is for suckers, right?
失敗者才糾結于過去,不是嗎
Depends what happens in the future.
取決于未來如何發展
John said to talk, so let's talk.
約翰說談,我們就談
Let's have a look at you.
讓我來瞧瞧你
You're quite serious about this.
你很認真嘛
It's wise to be.
認真是明智之舉
There's more blood spilled at horse fairs than anywhere else.
馬場上的事故比別處都多
Did you have one in Coleraine? Oh, aye.
你在科爾雷恩有小馬嗎, 有的
Great gas of a day.
那可是好日子
Yeah, my dad put on his best,
我爸爸會穿上最好的衣服
strolled down the high street like a grand man,
趾高氣揚地走在大路上
jiggling the coins in his pocket.
口袋里的錢幣叮當作響
What did he do?
他是做什么的
He was only a clerk for the ironmongers,
五金商店里的會計
but he he had a certain air.
可是他就有那樣一種派頭
You had to admire it.
你不得不佩服
And a shilling for me to spend as I liked.
給我一先令,隨便花
Licorice rope.
甘草繩
Fry's Chocolate Cream.
弗萊奶油巧克力
What of yourself?
你呢
We had a Welsh Cob for plowing.
我們有一匹威爾士柯伯犁馬
I'd ride him when I could.
我有機會就騎
Till my father drank him away.
直到爸爸賣了他換酒
I did so love the fair, though.
我還喜歡集市
People from miles around
幾里內的人都會來
old bachelors down from the hills,
南邊山里的老單身漢
tinkers on the road,
路上的補鍋匠
dancing and songs coming out from the pubs.
小酒館里傳來歌舞聲
Bit of life to the world, wasn't it?
給世界注入了些生機,不是嗎
We'd sneak away and wander.
我們會偷偷溜出來閑逛
And my brother Eamonn...
我哥哥埃蒙
What? What of him?
怎么,他怎么了
Nothing.
沒什么
He'd walk behind someone
他會溜到人家背后
ahem, a fat man, or bandy-legs,
通常是個胖家伙,或是跛腳
and imitate him when he couldn't see.
然后模仿他們的一舉一動
All I could do to keep from falling in the mud laughing.
我只能強忍著不要笑得失態
So you approve?
那么你同意咯
Of Kip here? Aye.
奇普么,是的
Seems right enough.
已經不錯了
Well, folks?
怎么樣
Take him around the paddock, see what he's like.
帶它去牧場遛遛,看看怎么樣
The lady wants some time to think it over.
這位女士還需要點時間考慮
Can't see a thing.
什么都看不見
In the theater, you know there's an audience out there.
通常在劇院里,臺下會有觀眾
Maybe you think you're too good for the movies.
也許你覺得自己拍電影委屈了
Why would I think that?
我怎么會這么想
Something I've noticed with you stage types.
從你的臺風看出來的
Oh, I don't think
我可沒覺得
I'm too good for anything.
自己有什么委屈的
I mean, I love 'em.
我熱愛這一切
What do you love about them?
你為什么熱愛
I don't know.
我不知道
Sit in the dark,
坐在黑暗里
stare up into the screen,
盯著大熒幕
forget who you are for a while.
暫時忘記了自我
Most people say "Where you are."
多數人說"在哪"
Pardon?
什么意思
You said "Forget who you are."
你說"忘了自我"
Is that what you're trying to do?
這是你想努力做到的嗎
Aren't we all?
我們不都如此嗎
Turn left.
向左轉
And right.
右轉
Look up.
向上看
Holy thoughts.
虔誠的期盼
Okay, let's see how the camera likes you.
好,來看下你是否上鏡
You wanna do that?
你想試鏡嗎
Why else would anyone schlep out to Queens?
不然來皇后劇院干嘛
Sassy.
古靈精怪
You know Gil Longacre?
你認識吉爾·朗埃克嗎
I did "Full Steam Ahead" with Mr. King at Lasky.
我和金先生在拉斯基合演過《全速前進》
Freighter, stowaway, Chinaman with a hatchet,
承運人,偷渡者,拿著短柄小斧的中國佬
a monkey, and a girl.
一只猴子,一個女孩兒
Sounds like a doozy.
聽上去是個大人物啊
Well, it paid for my house.
我的房子就是靠這部戲掙來的
You two sit there.
你們倆坐那
Don't look at the lens.
不要看鏡頭
Keep your lips closed when we kiss.
我們接吻的時候你把嘴巴閉上
Wait, we're kissing?
慢著,我們要接吻嗎
And roll.
開拍
All right, Gil's a charming gambler on the run from the law.
好吧,吉爾是一位亡命天涯的賭徒,魅力非凡
You're a showgirl down on her luck.
你是一位不得志的歌舞女郎
Not a lead, but, you know, the funny one in the chorus.
不是主演,而是在歌舞隊中搞笑的那個
The pony. Is that what they're called?
丑角, 是這么叫的嗎
Action!
開始
Is this cab taken?
這輛車有人坐了嗎
It sure is, and I'm the one who took it.
當然了,我正坐著呢
Don't turn your head so far. Do you mind?
先別回頭看, 你不介意拼車吧
We're headed the same way. Give him some lip, blossom.
我們是一路的, 對他撅嘴,花美人
Keep your face out.
別轉頭
You've got your nerve. Why, I oughta
你好大的膽子,憑什么我要...
And policeman outside. He's looking, he's looking.
警察在外面,四處張望,搜索
What are you gonna do, Johnny Diamonds?
你要怎么做,約翰尼·戴蒙德
They're after you.
他們在追捕你
Policeman.
警察還在
Policeman. Policeman.
警察還在,還在
And he's gone.
走了
What did I do to deserve that?
我做了什么你要打我
What didn't you? Make sure he gets the message.
你心知肚明, 給他點顏色看看
Cabbie, St. Patrick's and step on it.
司機,去圣帕特里克,趕緊的
I'm late for church.
去教堂要遲到了
Would you tell him to turn off that ticker?
能讓他把那鐘關了嗎
You don't care what the market is doing?
你不關心市場行情嗎
This is meant to be a retreat.
我已經隱退江湖了
Then I won't take up much of your time.
我不會打擾你太久
Why would you take up any of it?
何必要打擾
Because we have an enemy in common.
因為我們有共同的敵人
Harry Daugherty.
哈利·達赫提
You're not a member of this club.
你不是俱樂部成員
I'm not a member of any club.
我沒有加入任何俱樂部
My name is Enoch Thompson.
我叫伊諾克·湯普森
You may have heard of me.
你可能聽說過我
Or not.
或許沒有
In any case, the Attorney General and I have had dealings,
總之,我和檢察長有過生意來往
but those dealings have come to an end.
但這些生意都結束了
And the nature of these dealings would be?
這些生意的本質是什么
Circumvention of the Volstead Act.
規避禁酒法案
Should I continue?
我能繼續說嗎
I make no excuses for myself.
我并不是給自己開脫
I'm a businessman,
我是個商人
a small businessman,
小商人
and I'm sure you can understand that.
你肯定能明白吧
But for Harry Daugherty,
但是哈利·達赫提
the chief law enforcement officer of the United States,
美國的首席執法人員
to be involved with to in fact be the head of
牽涉到,其實是領導著
a large criminal conspiracy,
一場重大的犯罪活動
something is wrong with the country, Mr. Secretary.
這個國家出了問題,部長先生
Something is very wrong.
出了大問題了
Your sense of patriotism is offended, Mr. Thompson?
湯普森先生,你的愛國之心被冒犯了嗎
Isn't yours?
你不也是嗎
Daugherty is nothing but a shabby little huckster.
達赫提只是一個卑鄙的小商販
I've always thought so. The whole lot of them are.
我一直這么認為, 他們都是
That's what democracy gets you
這就是民主帶給你的
bandits fighting over a cut of the loot.
一群土匪,為分贓爭斗
The income tax.
為所得稅
Sanctioned robbery with no constitutional basis.
那是沒有憲法依據的合法搶劫
And Prohibition?
禁酒呢
A child's idea of morality.
幼稚的道德觀點
I don't envy your position.
我真不嫉妒你的職位
But we-I hope you'll allow me to say "We"
但是我們,希望你允許說"我們"
can do something about that
可以彼此幫助
and help each other in the bargain.
共商權宜之策
You have the power to arrest George Remus,
你有權力逮捕喬治·雷穆斯
the biggest bootlegger in the country
他是國內最大的私酒販子
with direct, ongoing ties to Daugherty
他和達赫提以及其手下
and the men that work for him.
有著長久的直接關系
Arrest Remus and force Harry to show his hand.
逮捕雷穆斯,逼哈利出手
A man doesn't indict himself.
誰會自己揭發自己呢
Then you'll have something on him to use when you need it.
但是你也能得到對付他的籌碼
That's just as valuable, maybe more.
那同樣重要,甚至更為重要
And that would be your bargain? No.
這也是你的籌碼, 不
Your distillery. Overholt.
你的釀酒廠,歐文赫特
It would stick in my craw for the government to tell me
我的私人財產被政府管著
what I could or couldn't do with my own property,
真是要我的命
no matter how trivial it seemed.
不管財產大小
But that's how I am.
我就是這樣的人
It's the little things that eat at me.
困擾我的都是些小事情
And you would rectify this how?
你怎么調整呢
I'd run it for you.
我幫你管理
It's a field I have some expertise in.
這是我擅長之事
You wouldn't know anything about it.
你什么也不用知道
We'd never speak.
我們也不用聯絡
All you'd see is the money.
你只管收錢就是
And there's always a way to hide that.
保證沒有人知道
Is that a yes?
你同意了嗎
Even a perhaps?
考慮一下呢
You brought some color to my day, Mr. Thompson.
湯普森先生,謝謝大駕光臨
And I do appreciate that.
我很感激
Yes, Mr. Mellon?
梅隆先生,何事
There's no cause for a scene,
我無意制造事端
but this gentleman is an interloper.
但這個人是闖進來的
Please be ready to call the police
如果他不立刻離開
in the event that he doesn't leave the premises immediately.
請馬上報警
I'll see myself out.
告辭了
It doesn't make sense
這講不通
a pony when there's no telling what the future holds.
一匹馬,誰也不知道將來會怎樣
What does it matter? She'll enjoy it now.
有什么關系呢,她喜歡就行
Could always take the shed and turn it into a proper barn.
可以把棚屋改造成馬廄
Who's going to tend to him?
誰照顧馬兒呢
It'll be good for Teddy.
應該挺適合泰迪的
Learn how to look after an animal.
學會怎樣照顧動物
Not that clearing out stalls is Please.
他不用掃馬廄... 拜托
Something wrong?
怎么了
Just...
就是...
you mustn't talk that way
你不能用那種方式說
about what's good and isn't.
什么好,什么不好
Why not?
為什么
Because they're just words
因為字只是字
and they don't mean anything anymore.
沒有其他意義
Would you teach me how to drive?
你能教我開車嗎
Right now?
現在
No.
不
After.
以后
And with the added bonus of steam...
還有噴出的蒸汽...
your only regret will be that I didn't show up sooner.
你只會怪我為啥不早點出現
Should I put you down for two, ma'am, or just one?
夫人,買兩個呢,還是一個
One'll be fine.
買一個吧
And that's how you close 'em, boys!
就這樣結束,伙計們
Swell job, Ralph.
干得好,拉爾夫
One thing, though.
不過有個事
Make sure you mention the enamel grip,
一定要提到陶瓷握柄
which is a lot softer on those delicate hands.
對女士們的小手來說,握感會更好
All right, who's next, huh?
好了,下一個誰來
George, how 'bout it? Yeah, come on, Georgie.
喬治,怎么樣, 來啊,喬治
Yeah, come on. Strut your stuff. Come on, George.
快大顯身手, 快點喬治
I'm not feeling my best, Mr. Gulliver.
格列佛先生,我不太舒服
I haven't been sleeping. Ralph: Aw!
我幾夜未寐
A good night's rest and a sensible breakfast.
睡個好覺,吃個豐盛的早餐
A salesman travels on his stomach.
胃好,銷售好
What I like is that Malt-O-Meal.
我最喜歡美多麥
Phil, you be the customer.
菲爾,你來扮演顧客
Okey-doke. Come on, George, shake off those cobwebs.
好滴, 喬治來,別坐著不動
Good morning. Ain't you gonna ring the bell?
早上好, 不按門鈴嗎
Yes.
好的
Well? Oh, I'm sorry.
怎么了, 對不起
The bell's on the fritz. You'll have to knock.
門鈴壞了,你得敲門
May I help you?
有何貴干
Good morning, sir. My name
早上好先生,我叫...
Sir? Why, how dare you?
先生,你可真冒昧
Can't you see that I'm a perky little housewife?
你看不出來嗎,我是個活潑的小主婦
No wonder he's hardly making any sales.
難怪他賣不出去東西
Yes, ma'am. My name is George Mueller.
是的,女士,我叫喬治·穆勒
I am with the Electric Iron Comp
我代表電熨
the Farraday Electric Iron Company.
法拉第電熨斗公司
Well, if you don't know who you work for,
連你都不知道自己東家叫什么
then why should I care?
那我有什么可在乎的
I misspoke.
是我說錯了
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Ma'am, I am selling a product
女士,我的產品能夠
that can save you hours of backbreaking work.
將您從繁雜的家務中解救出來
Is it a steam-powered dildo?
是蒸汽振動棒嗎
Because, oh, my arm sure gets tired.
因為我總是用手,太累了
Terrible. No, ma'am.
真糟糕, 不是的,女士
It's an iron.
是熨斗
And if you'll allow me to demonstrate...
請允許我為您展示
this is our newest model.
我們的最新產品
It has heat set three heat settings
是一套加熱,加熱三件套
and an enamel handle, which is very comfortable on the hands.
有琺瑯手柄,讓您把握自如
This tip, as you can see
您看,這個頭
What did you say your name was?
你說你叫什么來著
George Mueller, ma'am.
喬治·穆勒,女士
And are you married?
你結婚了嗎
I am. Well, Mr. Mueller,
結了, 這樣啊,穆勒先生
if you screw as poorly as you pitch, you really should be...
如果你的床上功夫和你推銷的能力一樣差
selling dildos because your wife could use a
你真該去賣振動棒,因為你肯定滿足不了
Somebody stop him!
快阻止他
George, George, be reasonable!
喬治,喬治,理智點
Hey, come on, it was a gag!
別這樣,他就是開個玩笑
George, please, calm down.
喬治,拜托,冷靜點
Somebody call the cops!
趕緊報警
What?
什么
I am Sheik Hous bin Farten.
我是胡賓法頓酋長(諧音:誰放屁了)
What?
什么
I come from the mysterious East.
我來自神秘的東方
When my eyes go wide, I am irresistible.
我盯上的東西,沒有得不到的
Come to me.
過來吧
No. Come to me in Araby.
不要, 跟我去阿拉伯
Silence! Silence!
安靜,安靜
None may laugh at bin Farten.
誰也不許笑賓法頓
What?
什么
What's that smell?
什么味道
Oh. Hello.
你好
No, don't
別這樣
I said drink it. Don't blow on it.
我讓你喝的,不是吹的
Gus!
古斯
I didn't know you were in town.
我不知道你來了
Just thought I'd drop by the oasis.
我想來世外桃源逛逛
Have a drink. We're celebrating.
喝杯酒吧,我們正慶祝呢
Bill's gonna be a movie star. I don't know about that.
比莉要成電影明星了, 還沒敲定呢
Well, she tested for Clifton King and he loved her.
她今天去克里夫頓·金試鏡了,導演很喜歡她
And now we're all boiled!
所以現在我們非常開心
Congratulations. Thanks.
恭喜, 謝謝
I haven't met the sheik.
這位酋長是誰
Oh, this is Gilbert Longacre. He's a movie star, too.
這位是吉爾伯特·朗??耍?他也是個明星
I've got a picture coming out next month.
我下個月有部片子上映
He fights a monkey with a hatchet. A Chinaman.
他拿了把斧子戰猴子, 是中國佬
You fight a monkey with a Chinaman?
你和中國佬一起戰猴子嗎
You need to start drinking.
該喝酒了
I'll get you started, sir. What?
我給你倒吧,先生, 什么
I said I'll get you started. What did you call me?
我說我給你倒酒吧, 你叫我什么
Uh, sir?
先生啊
Gilbert, why don't you take that pig-in-shit smirk
吉爾伯特,你趕緊帶著你那吃屎的傻笑
and that bedsheet and get the fuck out of here?
披著這床單滾蛋吧
Take her with you.
帶著她一起
Why don't you watch your language?
你說話注意點
Or what?
不然呢
Or you'll wish you had... sir.
不然有你后悔的,先生
Gus!
古斯
Little fucking interloper. Gus, you need to calm down.
你個多管閑事的, 古斯,冷靜點
He's
他是
Jesus.
天吶
He's not worth it, Gus. Gus, stop it!
你犯不上這樣,古斯,快停下來
Gus, Gus, stop it! Stop it!
古斯,別這樣
Gus! Stop
古斯
Gus! Stop!
古斯
Stop it! Gus!
停下來,古斯
Get get back!
閃開
I am not kidding!
我說真的
Vi, give me a hand. Come on.
薇, 來幫一把
I-Is my nose broken?
我鼻子斷了嗎
It's hard to tell.
看不出來
You have to leave. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
你該走了,抱歉
You're gonna get sued by the studio!
工作室會起訴你的
How do you like that? He will pay for everything.
你喜歡嗎, 他會賠償你的
Won't you?
是吧
Okay, Vi, Vi, could you could you just
好了,薇,你能不能
could you just please No, I'm not gonna leave you here.
請你, 不行,我不能把你一個人留在這
I will be fine, all right?
我沒事的
Just just get him some ice, all right?
給他拿點冰
Okay? You have money for a taxi, right?
好嗎, 你有打車的錢吧
Jesus.
天吶
What's it about?
什么故事
What?
什么
The picture.
那部電影
A gangster
一個匪徒
and a showgirl.
和一個歌廳女郎
I don't like this arrangement.
我不喜歡這樣
I don't like looking the other way.
我不喜歡被蒙在鼓里
I don't like not asking questions
我不喜歡有些問題
I'm not supposed to hear the answers to
我不該知道答案,更不該問
what you're up to, who's here, who's not.
你在干什么,誰來了,誰走了
I don't like you lying to me. I never lied about
我不喜歡你騙我, 我沒有
Not telling it's the same goddamn thing.
什么也不說,也他媽一樣
I don't like it! I don't ask you either.
我不喜歡, 我也不問你
I'd say that's mighty white of me, wouldn't you?
我這樣算不算很體諒人
I can take care of you.
我能照顧你
You won't have to worry about anything.
你什么也不用擔心
I'm not worried, Gus.
我不擔心,古斯
How long do you think this is going to last?
你覺得你能這樣多久
Don't you think I'm any good?
你覺得我不好嗎
The business you're in.
你這行是青春飯
You don't, do you?
你覺得我不好
There's nothing you can count on.
你什么也靠不上
Look at your friend. You wanna wind up like her?
看你那個朋友,你想變成她那樣嗎
Leave Vi out of it. It happens all the time.
別把薇扯進來, 一直都是這樣
People just want something new.
觀眾只想看新鮮的
In a year from now, two years
再過一年,兩年
I have a father, okay? He's in Newburgh.
我有爸爸,知道嗎,在新堡
He thinks a fist is a good way to end an argument
他覺得拳頭是解決問題的好辦法
and I don't live there anymore.
我就是因為這個離開家的
That's how you see me? That's how you sound.
你覺得我也是嗎, 你聽起來就是那樣
I'm on my own, Gus.
我一直靠自己,古斯
I have been for years.
一直以來都是
I like it.
我喜歡這樣
And...
而且
Go on, say it.
說下去
You're no fun this way.
你這樣一點也不好玩
And what do you want from me?
你究竟要我做什么
I just want you...
我只想要你
to be my gangster.
做我的匪徒
Husband. Dear.
老公, 親愛的
I, uh excuse me.
我,不好意思
What are you doing?
你在干什么
We need to leave here as soon as possible.
我們得盡快離開
Why? I can carry Abigail and two cases.
為什么, 阿比蓋爾和那兩個箱子我來拿
Husband All you will need to do is bundle up Chester.
老公, 你抱著徹斯特就行
Husband, what has happened?
老公,怎么了
I at work, an incident.
工作的事,小意外
He a bad person.
有個壞人
And the other event.
然后發生了別的事
Where where would you like to go?
你要去哪
I'm open to any state except New Jersey and New York
除了新澤西和紐約,我哪都能去
and Illinois, obviously.
還有伊利諾伊州
But aside from those, we can discuss it Shh!
先不說這些,我們先討論, 噓
You stop!
別說了
Wait.
等著
Drink this. I
喝了, 我
Go on. Do.
喝吧
What's this?
這是什么
The whiskey for Mr. O'Banion.
為奧巴尼恩先生做的威士忌
I make it all day while you don't come home.
白天你不在家,我一直在做這個
14 bottles.
十四瓶瓶
You did this by yourself?
你自己做的嗎
Also three for us. Us?
我們三個, 我們
Aquavit.
白蘭地
When I was girl, I make for Papa.
我小時候給爸爸做過
Some orange peel, too, for flavor.
加點陳皮調味
No. No, no, no.
不不不不
We're not supposed to drink any
我們不能喝...
Not to drink, to sell.
不是喝,拿去賣
Sell where? On Kedzie Boulevard.
賣到哪, 凱茨大道
To Norwegian people there.
賣給那的挪威人
What?
什么
Syttende Mai is tomorrow,
明天就是挪威的自由日了(每年的5月17號)
the day to celebrate when Norway become free of the Danes.
慶祝挪威擺脫丹麥統治恢復獨立
We sell the aquavit for the extra money it will bring.
我們是給自己賣白蘭地
It's not what Mr. O'Banion needs for, so no problems.
反正奧巴尼恩先生也不要
Darling, I
親愛的
We do this so you don't worry yourself about losing your job.
我們做酒,這樣你就不用擔心工作的事了
We make more, we sell more.
做得多,掙得多
We stay.
我們不走
There is no need for us to be going anywhere.
我們哪也不用去
We buy a house right here... in Cicero.
買座房子,就在西塞羅
When did you get in?
你什么時候進來的
Last night.
昨晚
Late.
深夜
I need this room.
我要用這間房
The roofers have to inspect the ceiling.
修屋頂的要來檢查天花板
I told you I ain't paying for that.
跟你說過我不掏錢
I took a loan, Charles.
我貸款了,查爾斯
You needn't concern yourself.
你不用擔心
Why are you here, anyway?
你來這干什么
I got business with A.R.
羅斯坦的生意
And Nucky Thompson.
還有努基吧
What of it?
是又怎么樣
When are you meeting? Tonight.
什么時候見面, 今晚
We got a dinner at Babette's.
在芭貝特夜總會
You belittle my business,
你蔑視我的生意
break bread with my enemies.
跟我的敵人交朋友
Who the fuck you think you are?
你覺得你是誰
Come on, I'll give you a nice, hard fuck like you like.
別這樣,我會操的你很舒服
I want you out.
你給我出去
I need a shower first. Out of the business.
我要先洗個澡, 你出局了
Here's a check.
給你支票
$4,500.
四千五百美元
The fuck I'm gonna do with a check?
給我支票干什么
Stick it up your ass for all I care.
塞進你的屁股里,我才不在乎
Better yet, let Nucky do it for you.
最好讓努基給你塞進去
Whoa, what the fuck you doing?
你在干什么
Dr. Mason. Hello.
梅森醫生, 你好
Did you drive here?
你開車來的么
No, I was-I was waiting for you.
不,我在,我在等你
I need your help with something
我需要你的幫助
and it's rather delicate.
這很私密
Too delicate to discuss inside?
私密到不能到里面討論么
I would like to ask you
我想讓你
to help me... obtain a diaphragm.
幫我裝一個隔膜
Is this what the Shearer woman wanted to speak to you about?
這就是那個叫席勒的女人給你說的事
Yes.
是的
Actually, I suppose I'd need two.
事實上,我需要兩個
Two?
兩個
One for her...
一個給她
and one for me.
一個給我
It was nearly midnight when I felt the pain.
大約到半夜的時候我才感到疼痛
The midwife was called,
助產士給我電話
and together we passed the night.
一起我們度過了那個夜晚
Hours later, after my ordeal,
經過一個小時的痛苦之后
she placed him at my breast.
她把他放到我的胸前
It was just after dawn.
那時天剛剛蒙蒙亮
The whole world looked brand-new.
世界好像掀開了嶄新的篇章
Do you have children, Mr. Rosetti?
您有孩子么,羅塞蒂先生
Two girls. My little princesses.
兩個女兒,我的小公主們
Beauties just like their mother.
和他們的母親一樣美麗
They're the lights of your life.
他們是你生命中的光芒
The sun rises and sets.
太陽東升西落
One day they're little, the next...
一天他們很小,另一天
My grandson
我的孫子
he's all I have left.
我只有他了
Mr. Harrow,
哈羅先生
have you met Mr. Rosetti?
你見過羅塞蒂先生么
I have not.
沒有
A pleasure.
很高興見到你
Tonino. How do you do?
托尼諾, 您好
I've restocked the bar.
我把吧臺的貨補齊了
And Tommy is asleep? Yes.
湯米睡著了么, 是的
That will be all.
那沒事了
You use him to scare away the mice?
你留著他嚇老鼠的么
Mr. Harrow was a friend of my son.
哈羅先生是我兒子的朋友
Are you familiar with Babette's?
你知道芭貝特么
Supper club on the boardwalk.
木板路上的一家夜總會
I ate there with Nucky before our falling-out.
和努基發生爭吵之前我和他在那吃過飯
Have you fallen out?
你還會發脾氣
I hadn't realized.
我真沒感覺到
He'll be dining there this evening
他今天晚上會和羅斯坦先生
with Mr. Rothstein.
在那用餐
You don't say.
是么
I'm not sure what time,
我不確定是幾點
but that shouldn't be hard to ascertain.
但這應該不難查到
Why are you telling me this?
你為什么告訴我這些
I thought perhaps you'd like to surprise him.
我以為你想要給他個驚喜
You have a phone call.
有您的電話
Am I supposed to guess?
我要猜是誰來的么
The gentleman would not reveal himself,
電話里的人沒有報名字
but he said you would be relieved to hear his voice.
但是他說您聽到他的聲音會放心的
Who is this? Mr. Thompson.
哪位, 湯普森先生
That's who you called, isn't it?
你找的不就是我么
This is Andrew Mellon.
我是安德魯·梅隆
Sir, what can I do for you?
先生您好,找我有什么事么
A few days from now, Treasury agents in Cincinnati
幾天之后,在辛辛那提的財政部探員
will arrest George Remus
將會以違反禁酒法令為由
for multiple violations of the Volstead Act,
逮捕喬治·雷穆斯
including the purchase of government liquor permits
其中一項罪名是伙同美國總檢察長的一個助手
from a close associate of
非法購買
the Attorney General of the United States.
政府頒發的酒類許可證
Are you referring to Jess Smith? In exchange,
你指的是杰西·史密斯么, 作為交換
I expect the Overholt Distillery
我希望歐文赫特釀酒廠
to be operational within one month
可以在本月內投入生產
and generating a profit the month thereafter.
下個月可以創造利潤
I assure you that will be the case.
我向您保證這可以實現
Henceforth, you will not contact me.
從今以后,不要再聯系我了
Is that understood? Yes.
明白么, 明白
Then our intercourse is concluded.
那我們的談話可以結束了
Am I allowed in? I lost an earring.
我能進來么, 我丟了一只耳環
Which?
哪一只
These hummingbirds you gave me.
你給我的蜂鳥那對
I'll buy you new ones.
我再給你買副新的
I like these.
我喜歡這對
And who are you supposed to be?
你這是要扮誰
Huh? Stand up.
什么, 站起來
Like it?
喜歡么
I don't know.
不知道
Yes.
喜歡
For the picture?
扮的照片里的人么
Just felt like being someone else for a little bit.
就是想體驗一下當別人的感覺
Who?
誰
Nadine Beckenbauer.
納丁·貝肯鮑爾
Where you from, Nadine?
你從哪來,納丁
Newburgh, New York.
紐約,新堡
No kidding?
不是開玩笑吧
God's honest.
絕對真實
Ever been to Atlantic City before?
以前來過大西洋城么
First time.
第一次
And what do you think?
你感覺這里怎么樣
They told me it was wicked.
別人告訴我這里很邪惡
They were right.
他們說的沒錯
Am I under arrest?
我要被捕了么
You're being freed.
你要自由了
It's a single premium annuity.
這是一份一次性付清的養老保險
Again, please, in English.
再說一遍,用英語好么
Guaranteed income the first of each month
保證以后你每月一號
for the rest of your life.
都能領到一筆錢
We already made up, Gus, okay?
我們已經和好了,古斯
That's not what it's about.
這和那沒關系
Then what's the gag?
那這算什么
Call it a mystery.
就當是個神秘事件
I don't need Need anyone's help.
我不需要, 需要任何人的幫助
I envy that.
我羨慕這點
So what you do with this money and who you do it with
那么你要怎么處理這筆錢,和誰一起處理
it's nobody's business but your own.
那完全是你自己的事情
Are you saying goodbye?
你要走了么
I'm saying, "Hello...
我在說, "你好
Nadine Beckenbauer.
納丁·貝肯鮑爾
Hello and good luck."
你好,祝你好運"
You know, if you change your name, you might go pretty far.
你知道,如果你改名,也許會走的更遠
I will put on a different pair.
我去換副新的耳環
Unlike steam irons, aquavit sells itself.
不像蒸汽熨斗,白蘭地從來不缺買家
We were gonna go down to Nell's if you're interested.
如果你感興趣,我們一會去內爾
I'm heading home.
我要回家
Osso buco tonight.
今晚吃燉小牛肘
Greektown.
希臘城
Demos was short. I got someone on it.
德莫斯的份錢又少了,我找人去處理了
He's good for it.
他沒問題的
Need anything else?
還有其他事么
Sounds like you got it all under control.
聽上去你都處理的很好了
See you tomorrow, then.
那明天見
Love to Mae and the boy.
給梅和你兒子問好
Freak show tonight...
恐怖秀今夜上演
And this gentleman
這位紳士
he's trustworthy?
他值得信任么
He's a Chink. I ain't inviting him over for Christmas dinner.
他是中國人,我沒邀請他來參加圣誕晚宴
$50,000 apiece is a lot of money.
每人五萬美元不是個小數目
Sell it on the street, make 10 times that.
在街上兜售,可以賺十倍的錢
If you wanna make extra, sure.
如果你想多賺一些,那當然沒問題
We'll make sure we could Thompson!
我們可以保證可以, 湯普森
Mr. Thompson!
湯普森先生
Aw, shit.
該死
Baxter, you old so-and-so.
巴克斯特,你這個老家伙
How's tricks? Gangbusters, I tell ya.
近況如何, 很讓人失望,我告訴你
I'm selling radios now.
我現在賣收音機了
Oh, aren't you going to introduce me?
你不要幫我介紹一下么
George Baxter,
喬治·巴克斯特
meet Arnold Rothstein, Charlie Luciano,
阿諾德·羅斯坦,查理·盧西亞諾
and Billie Kent.
還有貝莉·肯特
Charmed, I'm sure.
真是魅力十足
Well, don't make up your mind so soon.
別這么早下結論
Go ahead.
我們走
No reason for both of us to suffer.
沒必要讓你我都在此受煎熬
Don't malinger, now.
別逃跑
So you're out of the cutlery business now?
你現在不賣餐具了
Well, there's a lot more silver
美國無線電公司
in the Radio Corporation of America.
有更多銀子可賺
How about RCA,
美國無線電公司
the official radio of the world's playground?
世界發展變化的官方無線電臺
Strictly on the QT, I know a charming lass
悄悄告訴你,我認識一個漂亮的姑娘
who's very close to Mr. David Sarnoff himself.
和大衛·薩爾諾夫本人很親近
And I bet-I am certain...
但是我肯定
Here we go.
我們走
It's a game of chance. It's a game of skill.
這是靠智慧取勝的游戲,靠技巧取勝的游戲
Are you okay?
你沒事吧
What happened?
發生了什么