現在向你展示的是
the human condition in all its sordid glory.
各種人性的骯臟面
It's a bunch of guys in a cell.
只是被一群關在牢房的人而已
We have a finite number of Friday nights in our lives.
我們一生中周五夜晚的數量本就有限
Why are we spending one of them here?
為什么還要在浪費在這里呢
Because it's Friday night.
因為周五晚上
This is when the holding cells are at their busiest.
是集體拘留室最熱鬧的時候
You have before you a gilded opportunity
鍛煉你推理技術的
to sharpen your deductive prowess.
大好機會就在你眼前
Each one of these men, whether they realize it or not,
這里的每個人,無論他們自己是否意識到
is telling you the story of how he came to be here.
都在向你展現他們被關在這里的始末
It's written in their bearing, on their clothing.
都寫在他們的行為舉止和衣著打扮里
So, look at the guy and then tell you what they did.
觀察他們然后說出他們犯了什么事
There's like 20 people in here.
這里可有二十來個人呢
You find that intimidating?
區區這點人就嚇倒了嗎
Plaid shirt, very nervous,
穿格子襯衫的人神情緊張
obviously never been in jail before.
顯然從沒進過牢房
Keeps fiddling with his wedding ring,
不停擺弄著自己的婚戒
feeling guilty about something,
應該是對某些事心存愧疚
probably the hooker he picked up earlier.
可能是因為他之前招了妓女
Popped collar--
衣領豎起來的那位
drunk and disorderly.
爛醉如泥,神志不清
That one's a layup.
估計是賴著不想上班
Tattoo guy is, uh...
有紋身的那家伙...
Would you like a hint? No.
需要提示嗎,不要
His crime involves a litter of purebred Yorkshire Terriers.
他犯的罪和一窩純種的約克夏犬有關
I said I don't want a hint.
我說了不要提示
This could take a while.
看來我們要待很久
I'm gonna get a coffee.
我先去買杯咖啡
Do you want? No.
你要嗎,不要
Can you do me next?
你下一個能觀察我嗎
Got to warn you, if you hit "latte"
必須提醒你,如果你按了"拿鐵"
you're not going to recognize what comes out.
你肯定認不出流出來的到底是什么
I just got a coffee, thanks.
我只是隨便喝杯咖啡,謝謝
I'm Craig Basken. I work a lot of nights.
我是克雷格·巴斯肯,我經常值晚班
Oh. Joan Watson.
你好,我叫喬恩·華生
You're one of the, uh, the consultants, right?
你是我們的顧問之一,是吧
Yeah. You work, uh, with the guy with the socks.
對,你是穿短襪那家伙的搭檔
Listen, um, I know you guys work the stuff
我知道你們辦的都是
that Captain Gregson calls you in on,
格雷森警監請你們幫忙的案子
but I caught this string of robberies in the West Village.
但最近我這有個西村的連環搶劫案
Uh, someone's knocking over falafel carts,
有人蓄意撞翻賣小吃的推車
and it's not the crime of the century
我知道這不是什么世紀大案
and it shouldn't be that hard to clear.
案情也沒那么復雜
But you're stuck.
但是你被卡住了
Yeah, so...
是的,所以...
I thought maybe I'd, uh, I'd hit you up,
我想也許可以請你幫忙
get another perspective.
拓寬一下破案思路
I hope that's not too much to ask.
希望我的要求不會太過分
No, no, it's not a problem.
不,不過分,沒問題
Sherlock and I would be happy to take a look.
夏洛克和我樂意幫忙
I said hi to that guy once, and, uh,
我曾經試著和那家伙打招呼
h-he said that I interrupted his train of thought.
但是他說我打斷了他的思路
He, uh, called me a bell-end,
他說我是白癡
so I was thinking maybe you could have a look-- just you.
所以我想,能不能請你看看,就你一個
Um, sure, yeah.
好吧,當然可以
Great. I'll just, uh, grab the case file.
那太好了,我這就去拿案件資料
Okay.
好的
Hi, honey.
寶貝
It's your mom.
我是你媽
I'm calling again.
我又打來了
Just wondering if you're gonna call me back
不知道這學期結束前
before the end of the semester.
你會不會給我回個電話
I hope you're having a great time. I love you.
祝你過得開心,愛你
Where is your husband?
你丈夫在哪
Where is your husband?
你丈夫在哪
My, my husband-I, I don't know.
我丈夫... 我不知道他在哪
Where is he?
他在哪
911. What's your emergency?
報警服務中心,您有什么緊急情況
Yes, a man broke into my house.
有個男人闖進了我家
He was armed.
他有槍
I shot him. There's blood.
我對他開槍了,他應該流血了
Is he still there, ma'am?
他還在你家嗎,女士
Are you safe?
你現在安全嗎
I think he's gone.
我覺得他走了
Okay, he said that he came for my husband.
他說是來找我丈夫的
You have to make sure that he's okay.
請你們幫我確認一下他的安全
Where is your husband now?
你丈夫現在在哪
He's working, I think.
他應該在工作
He's with the 11th Precinct.
他是第11警區的
Your husband's a police officer?
你丈夫是警察嗎
He's the captain there.
他是那里的警監
His name's Tommy Gregson.
他叫湯米·格雷森
She's back in the kitchen, Captain.
她在廚房里,警監
You're okay.
你沒事就好
Are you okay?
你沒事吧
Yeah. Yeah.
沒事,沒事
I was working out in the garage when I heard the gun go off.
聽見槍響的時候,我在車庫里健身
All right, I'm gonna need you to walk me
好的,請跟我說說
through everything you remember.
你所記得的全部事發經過
Is the captain all right? Holmes, yeah, he's fine.
警監沒事吧,福爾摩斯,他很好
He's inside with his wife. I'm giving 'em a minute.
他和他妻子在里面,我讓他們獨處一會
Hey, I said I'm giving 'em a minute. All right.
我說了讓他們獨處一會,好吧
This is Jim Monroe-- he lives across the street,
這位是吉姆·門羅,他住在街對面
got a quick look at our guy.
匆匆瞥見了嫌疑人
James Monroe?
你叫詹姆斯·門羅
Yes, like the fifth president.
對,跟第五任總統同名
My dad was reading his biography when I was born.
我出生時我父親剛好在讀他的傳紀
Anyway, I heard the shots.
我聽見了槍聲
I saw a guy wearing a mask come running out.
我看見一個帶面罩的家伙跑了出來
He was halfway down the street by the time I got over here.
當我趕到這里時他已經跑出去半條街
Can you describe him?
你能描述一下他嗎
He took his mask off while he was running,
他在跑的時候把面罩摘了下來
but he was almost a hundred feet away.
不過他差不多離我一百尺遠
His back was to me. He had dark hair.
他背對著我,頭發是深色的
Wish I could tell you more.
抱歉我只知道這些
Sorry to interrupt your doctrine.
抱歉打斷你的說辭
You know there's blood on the car over here?
你知道這輛車上有血跡是吧
Yeah, Cheryl said she hit the guy.
對啊,謝麗爾說她打中了那家伙
Doesn't look like he lost much blood.
他看起來不像是流了很多血
He could run, so maybe she just grazed him.
他還能跑,所以可能只是擦傷
Bell, she's ready to talk.
貝爾,你可以問她話了
Just seemed like it happened so fast.
一切都發生得太快了
He was already inside when I came home, and I...
我回家的時候他已經在屋里了,而且我...
I don't even know how he got in.
我也不知道他是怎么進來的
You didn't have the alarm on?
家里的報警器沒開嗎
He had this mask on.
他戴著面罩
I can describe it to a composite artist.
我可以描述給繪圖合成人員
He had a Glock handgun--
他拿著一把格洛克手槍
a 21, I think.
我覺得是把21式
He was about six-two, maybe 170 pounds,
他身高大概六尺二,可能170磅
and I would definitely recognize his voice if I heard it again.
如果我再聽到的話一定能認出他的聲音
Now, before tonight, had either of you two noticed anything odd--
今晚之前,你們有沒有注意到任何可疑的事
cars you didn't recognize,
像是不認識的車輛
anyone who seemed unusually interested in the Captain?
或對警監表現出異常興趣的人
You?
你呢
No.
沒有
But I'm not living here at the moment.
不過我最近不住這里
For how long?
有多久了
For about a month.
大概有一個月了
Mrs. Gregson, your mother just got here.
格雷森夫人,你的母親剛剛到
Okay.
好吧
Now, look, my wife's the victim here, I'm the target,
聽著,我妻子是受害者,我是目標
so obviously I can't run point on this case,
所以很明顯我不能接手這個案子
so let me be clear: I'm not running point when I tell you
但我想說的是,我希望指紋和血清的
I want a rush on the prints and the serology.
檢驗結果能很快出來
If this guy's got a vendetta against a cop,
因為如果這家伙是要報復警察
there's a good chance he's in the system.
那他很有可能之前就有前科
Captain.
警監
It hardly needs saying, but...
也許沒必要這么說,但是...
Watson and I will devote our full attention to this matter.
華生和我會全力調查這個案子的
We might need access to your files, personal and professional.
我們可能需要查看你的文件,公私都要
There's a good chance we'll need
我們很可能需要
to examine your life in minute detail.
了解你生活的所有細節
You don't tend to shed much light on your private affairs,
你的隱私不大會有保障了
so... comfortable with that?
所以,你能接受嗎
Whatever you need.
你要干嘛都行
Just help Marcus find this guy.
只要能幫助馬庫斯找到這家伙
Did you know that Captain Gregson turned down a promotion
你知道格雷森警監曾經婉拒過一個
that would have made him the youngest detective in the NYPD?
能讓他成為紐約警局最年輕偵探的提拔嗎
He didn't want to work for Internal Affairs.
他不愿意為內勤部工作
He is also, judging by his e-mails,
從他的郵件來看,他還對
surprisingly tolerant of forwarded videos of mischievous kittens.
轉發的淘氣貓咪視頻令人驚奇地寬容
He never talks about any of these things.
他從來不說起這些
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
我覺得我不應該吃驚
I mean, none of us even knew he was separated until tonight.
我們直到今晚才知道他和妻子已經分居了
I knew. Had my suspicions, anyway.
我知道,至少懷疑過
He's been arriving earlier in the morning,
他早上到得更早
leaving later, stopped bringing home-packed lunches.
離開得更晚,也不帶家里做的午飯了
Well, if you knew, then why didn't you say something to him?
如果你知道的話,為什么不和他談談
Well, why would I?
為什么要談呢
His work hasn't suffered.
他的工作又沒受影響
If anything, he's been slightly more focused.
即使有影響,也是比以前更專注了
Quite frankly, I'm surprised it's taken this long
老實說,我很吃驚警監的婚姻
for the Captain's marriage to buckle.
過了這么長時間才出問題
He's an excellent detective.
他是位很棒的警察
What does that have to do with it?
那跟這個有什么關系
Well, as you know, detection is a calling, not a job.
你也知道,刑偵這行是種使命,不只是工作
Hardly leaves one with time left over
幾乎沒什么時間留給你
to sustain the elaborate ruse of marriage.
去煞費苦心地設法維持婚姻
Because, of course, you think marriage is an elaborate ruse.
你當然覺得婚姻就是煞費苦心的計謀
There are other ways to describe it.
還有其它的說法去描述它
An unnatural arrangement which forces its participants
一種強迫參與者遵守不健康的
into an unhealthy monogamy.
一夫一妻制的違背常理的協定
An accretion of petty fights and resentful compromises
打鬧爭吵和不滿妥協的累加
which, like Chinese water torture,
就像中國的水刑一樣
slowly transforms both parties
慢慢地將雙方由之前的自我
into howling, neurotic versions of their former selves.
變成歇斯底里的神經質
Yeah. So, anyway, I found about 20 cases so far
隨便吧,目前為止我找到了大概二十個
with perps that fit the description that Mrs. Gregson gave us.
案子的嫌犯符合格雷森夫人的描述
So, I'll keep sifting through,
我會繼續篩選
if you want to take a look at them.
你想看的話可以拿去
Mmm, not necessary.
沒必要
I was fairly certain that listing the Captain's enemies
之前我只是一般確定通過回顧警監的案子
via reviewing his casework was a fool's errand.
來列出他的敵人是個笨辦法
Now I'm all but positive.
現在我非常確定
The kind of criminal the Captain pursues tends to be intelligent--
警監所追查的案子通常是聰明人所為
the sort of person who knows that attacking a policeman
這種人知道攻擊警察
is very bad business indeed.
是一種愚蠢的行為
I believe that we are hunting for a different class of person.
我相信我們在追捕的不是這一類人
Someone driven by sound and fury.
是某個被一時沖動驅動的人
An idiot.
一個蠢貨
Someone like, for example, Dustin Bishop.
比如說像達斯汀·畢肖普這樣的人
There was little of interest in the captain's in-box,
警監的收件箱里沒有什么可看的
so I took the time to sift through his...
所以我花時間篩查了他的
spam filter.
垃圾郵件
Now, Mr. Bishop has been sending the captain...fan letters,
畢肖普先生給警監發崇拜信
I suppose you'd call them, for quite some time now.
已經有一段時間了,應該這么稱呼吧
They get more intimate with the passage of time.
這些信顯得越來越親近
More disturbing.
也越讓人困擾
"Hey buddy, can I still call you buddy
哥們,我可以稱呼你為哥們嗎
even though you never write back?"
雖然你都沒有給我回過信
"I don't know what your problem is,
我不知道你怎么了
but I know I'm getting upset."
但是我對此很煩躁
This guy sounds like a stalker.
這家伙聽起來像個跟蹤狂
Looks like just the sort of person to catch a bullet
看起來很像會在一場失敗的非法入室中
during a botched home invasion. Don't you think?
被槍擊中的那種人吧,你不覺得嗎
Good morning, sir. Morning.
早上好,警官,早上好
Hello, Captain. Morning.
你好,警監,早上好
Hi, sir. Hey.
你好,警官,你好
Morning, Captain. Hello.
早上好,警監,你好
Please tell me you have some actual work to talk about.
拜托告訴我你有工作匯報
Yeah. We just heard back from Latent Prints.
是的,我們剛得到指紋檢驗的結果
All the prints on Cheryl's car were hers.
謝麗爾車上的指紋都是她自己的
Perp must've had gloves on.
疑犯應該戴著手套
We did get a good DNA sample from the blood,
我們的確從血液中拿到了新鮮的DNA樣本
but there was no match in CODIS.
但在聯調局DNA信息庫中沒有與其相符的
I know, not what we hoped for,
我知道,不如我們希望地順利
but I got a detail together,
但是我安排了警員保護
and Holmes and Watson are off running down
還有福爾摩斯和華生正在做著
some Holmes-andWatson thing, so...
他們自己的調查,所以...
And I just wanted to say I'm...
我只是想說
I'm sorry about you and Cheryl.
對你和謝麗爾的事我感到抱歉
Thanks.
謝謝
What else? I caught this case,
還有別的事嗎,我接管這個案子
so I have to be the one to ask-- you sure there's no way
所以這話得我來問,你確定
the separation's connected to what happened last night?
分居跟昨晚的案件毫無關聯嗎
Come on.
進來
It's a trial separation.
這是臨時分居
It's... it's no big deal.
不是什么大事
Kids are gone from home now,
孩子們都離開家了
and everything feels a little different.
一切都似乎變了
Anyway, Cheryl wants some time alone;
總而言之,謝麗爾想要一些自己的時間
I'm giving it to her.
我就同意了
That's the whole story.
就是這樣
Thanks. Okay.
謝謝,好的
And, uh, I'll let you know when we have anything, all right?
我們有消息了就告訴你,好嗎
Dustin Bishop!
達斯汀·畢肖普
Would you open the door, please?
請你開門,好嗎
We'd like to talk to you about your correspondence
我們想跟你談談你給托馬森·格雷森
with Thomas Gregson.
寫的那些信
You hear the water running? Yeah.
你聽見流水聲了嗎,嗯
After you.
女士優先
He's got a gunshot wound. He's lost a lot of blood.
他有一處槍傷,嚴重失血
Yeah. Thanks.
好的,謝謝
So, that was the hospital.
是醫院打來的
The doctors pulled a .38-caliber slug
醫生從畢肖普的右肩取出了
out of Bishop's right shoulder.
一顆點38口徑的子彈
He's stable, but he won't be awake for a while.
他穩定下來了,但暫時還醒不過來
Also, we should get the preliminary DNA results back soon,
我們很快就能收到DNA的初步檢驗報告
we'll know for sure if he's the one who broke into your house.
就可以確定他是不是闖入你家的人了
We shouldn't waste time waiting.
我們不用浪費時間等報告
The DNA won't be a match.
DNA不會相符
This guy's got my pictures all over his wall.
這個家伙在墻上貼滿了我的照片
The doctors just took my wife's bullet out of his shoulder.
醫生剛才從他的肩膀中取出我妻子的子彈
I don't believe it was your wife's bullet.
我不認為那是你妻子的子彈
I believe that Bishop shot himself.
我認為是畢肖普自己開的槍
Surely you noted the two handguns in the bathroom.
你應該注意到了衛生間里的兩把手槍
There was a Glock 21, same as the assailant carried,
有一把格洛克21 與襲擊者所持的那把相同
and then there was the .38 revolver,
然后還有一把點38口徑的左輪手槍
same one used to shoot the attacker.
與用來射擊襲擊者的那把相同
Why would Bishop shoot himself?
為什么畢肖普要開槍打自己
Well, I think he intended to confess to a crime he didn't commit.
我覺得他打算供認一樁他沒犯的罪行
Man is clearly disturbed.
這人很明顯心理失常
There are antipsychotic medications in the bathroom cabinet;
浴室的柜子里有治療精神病的藥物
they haven't been refilled in quite some time.
已經有一段時間沒補充新藥了
Two guns, a prescription.
兩把槍,一張藥方
That doesn't mean Bishop didn't do it.
這不意味著畢肖普沒犯罪
No, but the fact that he shot himself in the wrong shoulder does.
不,但是他開槍打錯了肩膀
The blood on your wife's car was on the driver's side window,
你妻子車上的血跡在駕駛一側的車窗玻璃上
had to have been on the left of the attacker as he fled.
他逃跑時,玻璃應該是在襲擊者的左側
Ergo, the wound was in his left shoulder.
因此,傷口是在他的左肩
Bishop shot himself in the right shoulder.
畢肖普開槍打了自己的右肩
It's the lab.
實驗室來的
Blood's not a match.
血樣不符
It's wrong type.
不是這個人
Look, I know it's frustrating,
聽著,我知道這令人失望
but whoever broke into your house knows we're looking for him,
不過闖入你房子的人知道我們在找他
he knows we got a protective detail on Cheryl, on you.
他知道我們在保護你和謝麗爾
He's not getting violent again.
他不會再付諸于暴力
Name is Sam Clennon.
這人叫山姆·克萊農
According to the evidence, you two have a friend in common.
從證據來看,你們兩個有一個共同的朋友
I've never seen this guy before.
我之前從沒見過這個人
Never even heard his name.
從沒聽說過他的名字
Are you sure he was killed by the same man
你確定殺他的人
that threatened Mrs. Gregson?
和威脅格雷森夫人的是同一個人嗎
Sure? No.
不確定
But a security camera outside Mr. Clennon's building
但克萊農家外的監控攝像頭
caught this around 10:30 last night.
昨晚十點半左右拍到了這段視頻
I already showed this to Cheryl.
我給謝麗爾看過了
She's pretty positive it's the same guy.
她很確定就是這個人
And Clennon was shot with a Glock 21,
殺死克萊農的是一支格洛克21式
just like the gun she described.
跟謝麗爾描述的一樣
Now, if this is our guy, and I'm thinking it is,
如果就是那家伙,我想
got to figure this is what he had in store for you the other night.
那天晚上等著你的會是這個下場
Obviously, last night wasn't the first time
顯然昨晚不是兇手
someone tried to kill Mr. Clennon.
第一次想殺克萊農先生
No, he's ex-mil... Military, yeah.
不,他以前是... 是啊,軍人
Shrapnel wounds are a bit of a giveaway.
能從他的彈片傷上看出來
As is the sun damage to his hands and face. Afghanistan?
還有面部和雙手的曬傷,是在阿富汗嗎
He was between tours. Got back a few weeks ago.
他在派駐休假期,幾周前剛回來
There's an old bullet wound here.
這里有個舊槍傷
More intrigued by the stab wound.
我對那個刺傷更有興趣
Most injuries sustained by soldiers in the Middle East
中東的軍人身上大部分傷痕都是
are from IED blasts or gunshots.
炸彈炸傷或是槍傷
This man has managed to get himself stabbed.
他卻有個被刺傷的傷口
Almost quaint.
真不可思議
You're sure you've never seen this guy before?
你確定從沒見過他嗎
Never. I'm not sure I trust that answer.
從沒有,我不太信任這個答案
Trust it. Oh, I'm just saying it's possible
相信我,我的意思是
there's a connection between Mr. Clennon and you,
你和克萊農先生之間一定有關聯
and you don't remember.
只是你不記得了
This man's death, although unfortunate,
這人的死,雖說很不幸
must be viewed as progress.
但的確也算進展
We now know the killer has an agenda which is not limited to you.
我們現在知道兇手的目標不止你一個
Watson and I will continue to pore over your case files.
我和華生會繼續翻查你的案件卷宗
If we can find a connection, maybe we can find the culprit.
如果能找到聯系,也許就能找到兇手
Gentlemen.
再見,先生們
We done here?
這邊沒事了吧
One more thing.
還有一件事
A dog walker in your neighborhood
你小區里有個遛狗的人
called the precinct a little while ago,
剛剛給警局提供了線索
said she'd seen the same light blue pickup truck
說是上周至少兩次看見
parked in front of your house on at least two occasions last week.
同一輛淺藍色敞篷卡車停在你家門前
Light blue?
淺藍色
No.
不清楚
Oh, Detective Basken.
巴思肯警探
I just wanted to let you know that it's gonna take me
我想跟你說一聲,因為格雷森警監的案件
a few more days before I can dig into those files,
我可能得晚幾天
what with everything happening with Captain Gregson.
才能詳查你那些文件了
Okay.
好吧
Uh, Holmes didn't talk to you?
福爾摩斯沒跟你說嗎
You solved the case that Basken gave me?
你破了巴思肯給我的案子
What's a Basken?
巴思肯是什么東西
Detective Basken.
巴思肯警探
He asked me to look into a string of robberies.
他讓我查一系列盜竊案
I brought the files home with me yesterday.
我昨天把文件都帶回家了
Oh, yes. That Basken.
哦對,那個巴思肯
I refer to most of the detectives here as "Not Bell".
我把這里大部分警探都稱為"不是貝爾"
He just told me that you e-mailed him last night
他剛告訴我,你昨晚給他發了
with the rap sheet of a guy that you thought
一份前科檔案,你認為就是這個人
was robbing food vendors in the West Village.
盜竊了西格林威治的食品攤
Basken just picked him up an hour ago, and he confessed.
巴思肯一小時前逮捕了他,他認罪了
I was up late last night ruminating the captain's case.
我昨晚一直沒睡,在思考警監的案子
The files you're talking about were in the study,
你帶回來的文件就在書房里
and I needed a palate cleanser.
而我剛好需要換換口味
A palate cleanser?
換換口味
The solution presented itself rather quickly.
我很快就弄明白了案情真相
Was I supposed to keep it to myself?
難道還要秘而不宣嗎
It was my case.
這是我的案子
In point of fact, Watson, it was Detective Basken's case.
華生,事實上這是巴思肯警探的案子
You were merely consulting. As was I.
你只是個顧問,跟我一樣
I didn't ask you to look into it.
我沒讓你查這案子
Nor did you ask me not to. No, I...
你也沒不讓... 不,我...
We live together, we work together, Watson.
我們住在一起,一起工作,華生
When it comes to cases,
辦案的時候
there is no "his" or "hers"; there is partnership.
沒有你的或我的案子之分,我們是合作
I assist you, you assist me.
我幫你,你幫我
What matters is the result. Or do you disagree?
重要的是結果,你不同意嗎
It's not about disagreeing...
這不是同不同意的問題...
Hey, I just got the contact info for Sam Clennon's mom.
我剛查到了山姆·克萊農媽媽的聯系方式
Thought you might want to come with me
你們要不要一起去
to make the next of kin notification,
給她通知她兒子的死訊
see if she can point us toward anyone
看看她能否告訴我們
who had a problem with her son.
誰跟她兒子有怨仇
Unless you're in the middle of something.
如果你們在忙就算了
No.
沒有
We're good.
我們沒事
Hey, guys.
伙計們
Hot coffee.
熱咖啡
I didn't realize you'd be stopping by today.
沒想到你今天會來
Is everything okay?
沒什么事吧
Mind if we talk inside?
能進屋談談嗎
Sure.
好
Mikey put on some weight, huh?
麥基胖了吧
He was so skinny back when he was a uni.
他做警員的時候還骨瘦如柴呢
I could've stirred my coffee with him.
我都能用他攪拌咖啡了
Have you seen Steven Accorsi lately?
你最近見過史蒂文·阿科西嗎
Bell told me someone saw a light blue pickup
貝爾說有人見到一輛淺藍色敞篷皮卡
parked in front of our house a few times.
好幾次停在我們家門前
And I was thinking, "Hey, wait a minute.
我就想,等等
I know someone with a light blue pickup."
我認識一個有淺藍色皮卡的人啊
He's a friend. Always has been.
他只是朋友,一直都只是朋友
A friend...
朋友
who's suddenly in the habit
一個忽然有了把車停在
of parking in front of our house.
我們家門前的習慣的朋友
He came here twice. The first time,
他只來過兩次,第一次
I just needed some help moving some furniture.
是因為我需要人幫忙搬家具
And the second?
第二次呢
I made him dinner.
我請他來家里吃晚餐
Nothing happened.
什么都沒有
Nothing is going to happen. Steven knows that.
什么也不會發生,史蒂文明白的
Yeah, well, maybe he's not the person
是啊,可能他不是那個
I'm having a real problem with right now.
我現在真正需要擔心的人
I'm sorry.
不好意思
Do you not know the definition of the word "separated"?
你知道"分居"是什么意思嗎
I can have dinner with whoever I want.
我想和誰吃晚飯就能和誰一起
You said all you needed was some time.
你之前說你只是需要一點時間
Well, were you under the impression that I was just going
你覺得我會像一個修道士一樣
to be meditating here like a monk?
在這里冥想嗎
You never said anything about seeing other people.
你從沒提過有和別人見面
I said that I wasn't happy.
我說過我不開心
I suppose I should just, uh,
那我是不是也應該出去
go out and pick up some...
到酒吧里找幾個
floozy at a bar.
一夜情對象
You want to? Be my guest.
你想的話,隨意吧
What I want...
我想要的
is to be with my wife.
是跟我妻子在一起
Now?
現在才想起來
After 28 years of missed dinners and weekends at the precinct?
28年來你都致力工作,多少次不回家吃晚飯過周末
Come on.
拜托
When did I ever tell you I wanted to be anything but a cop?
我跟你說過當警察是我人生的唯一理想
When did I tell you that I was always gonna be okay with that?
我也說過我并不十分喜歡這樣
He made it through three tours in Afghanistan.
他被派駐到阿富汗三次
He comes back here, where he's supposed to be safe,
回到這里,應該是安全的
and gets killed in his own home.
但卻在自己的家被殺死了
Mrs. Clennon,
克萊諾恩夫人
we think what happened to your son
我們認為你兒子的遇害
may be connected to a break-in at the home
可能跟前幾晚一起非法闖入
of a New York Police Captain the other night.
紐約一名警監家的案子有關
Does the name Thomas Gregson mean anything to you?
托馬斯·格雷森這個名字你聽說過嗎
No.
沒有
Sam never mentioned him before?
山姆從沒提過這個人嗎
Never.
從沒有
Can you think of anyone who might have wanted to hurt Sam?
你能想起有誰想要傷害山姆嗎
No.
不能
Everybody liked him.
所有人都喜歡他
Not everyone, obviously.
很明顯,不是所有人
There was his killer, of course,
兇手顯然不喜歡他
but also the person who stabbed him.
刺傷他的人也不喜歡他
You know about that?
你知道那事
Well, I noticed the mark this morning.
今天早上我注意到了傷疤
I-I said to my colleagues that I thought
我跟我的同事說那傷疤
it might not be due to his military service.
應該跟他在部隊服役沒關系
Would that be correct?
我說得對嗎
Well, yes and no.
也對也不對
During Sam's last tour, there was this...
在山姆最后一次派駐時
guy who was having trouble adjusting.
有個戰友沒法適應
Sam knew how hard deployment could be, wanted to help, but...
山姆知道派遣部隊的艱難,他想幫他
this guy...
但這個人
Jacob, he was too far gone.
雅各布,他沒法恢復
He snapped one day.
他有一天突然崩潰了
He came at Sam with a knife.
拿著一把刀奔著山姆去了
Do you remember Jacob's last name?
你還記得雅各布姓什么嗎
Esparza.
埃斯帕薩
Okay, I'll reach out to the Army,
好的,我會跟部隊聯系
see if we can get some current contact info on Mr. Esparza.
看看能否在現役軍人里找到埃斯帕薩的信息
You could try Lieutenant Monroe.
你可以去找門羅中尉
Monroe?
門羅
James.
詹姆斯
He was Sam's commanding officer in Afghanistan.
他是山姆在阿富汗的指揮官
He lives here in New York.
他住在紐約
The fifth President.
那個和第五任總統重名的人
We talked to him outside the captain's house the other night.
那晚我們跟他在警監的家外談過話
I remember. Buzz cut. Tattoo on his arm.
我記得他,平頭,胳膊上有紋身
Did you get a house number?
你知道他家電話嗎
What?
怎么了
Captain, your assistant said you'd gone to see your wife.
警監,你的助理說你去看你妻子了
Are you still there?
你還在那嗎
I'm just leaving. Why?
正準備離開,怎么了
Your neighbor, James Monroe,
你的鄰居,詹姆斯·門羅
you need to take your wife's protective detail, go to his house.
你帶上保護你妻子的警員,馬上去他家
What? Why?
什么,為什么
We now know the connection between you
我們現在已經知道了你跟第二個受害者
and the second victim, Sam Clennon.
山姆·克萊農之間的關系了
Or, rather, we know that there is no connection.
或者應該說,你們根本沒有聯系
The killer wasn't after you.
兇手不是要殺你
That's not what he told Cheryl.
他跟謝麗爾可不是這么說的
No, he-he told her he was after her husband.
的確,他說是要找她的丈夫
Never mentioned you by name.
但沒說她丈夫是誰
O'Malley, Grell, I need you with me.
奧馬利,格雷爾,你們倆跟我來
Sam Clennon served under
山姆·克萊農在阿富汗的時候
James Monroe in Afghanistan.
是詹姆斯·門羅的手下
They knew each other.
他們早就認識
More importantly, if you enter
更重要的是,如果你使用
Monroe's address into "Maps Earth,"
地圖定位查找門羅的住址
a picture of your house comes up.
顯示的是你家房子的地址
It's quite common, apparently.
當然,這很常見
Although instead of receiving something as mundane
然而與大多數情況不同的是
as a pizza ordered by your neighbor...
你不是誤收鄰居訂的披薩
I got the guy that was coming to kill him.
而是一個要謀殺他的人
We need to locate Lieutenant Monroe
我們必須在兇手發現找錯人之前
before the killer realizes his mistake.
先找到門羅中尉
James, it's Tommy Gregson.
詹姆斯,我是湯米·格雷森
I need to speak with you.
我要跟你談談
You home?
你在家嗎
It's important.
這很重要
The M.E. thought he was killed last night,
法醫鑒定他是昨晚被殺的
just a few hours after Sam Clennon.
就在山姆·克萊農被殺后幾小時
No prints or DNA found at the scene,
現場沒有發現指紋或DNA
but those casings were from a Glock 21.
但那些彈殼是格洛克21式手槍的
So you were right.
你推斷得沒錯
This was the work of our guy.
是我們要找的兇手所為
Yeah, looks that way.
看起來是的
Now, the good news is, we think we've identified a suspect.
好消息是我們已經知道了一個疑犯
Name is Jacob Esparza.
雅各布·埃斯帕薩
He served under James Monroe in Afghanistan.
在阿富汗服役時他在詹姆斯·門羅手下
So did Sam Clennon.
山姆·克萊農也是
Height and weight would be in line with Cheryl's description.
身高體重跟謝麗爾的描述大致相符
Clennon's mother told us he was attacked by Esparza
克萊農的母親告訴我們
in their barracks about a year ago.
一年前他兒子在軍營曾被埃斯帕薩襲擊
Clennon took a knife to the gut.
克萊農的腹部被刀刺傷
Now, the incident report that Lieutenant Monroe wrote up
門羅中尉撰寫的事故報告
pretty much sealed Esparza's fate.
決定了埃斯帕薩的命運
But Esparza says it was trumped up,
但埃斯帕薩說報告內容是捏造的
and that Monroe and Clennon had it in for him for months.
門羅和克萊農為此記恨了他很久
Also, given the fact that he dropped out of high school
鑒于埃斯帕薩高中就退學
and he barely passed his GED,
勉強才拿到高中同等學歷證書的事實
makes him something less than a Rhodes scholar,
他明顯不是聰明人
which makes it less surprising
那么他闖錯房子
that he broke into the wrong house.
也就不足為奇了
Hmm. Sorry.
抱歉
It's Crawford and Gleason.
是克勞福德和格里森
They just picked up Esparza at his residence.
他們在埃斯帕薩住處剛抓到他
Hey, I know I still can't take point,
我知道我不能參與審問
but let me know when they get here.
但他們到了通知我一下
All right.
好
You need something?
你還有事嗎
You, uh... you glanced at me.
你,你瞥了我一眼
I beg your pardon?
你說什么
You glanced at me twice earlier on.
之前你瞥眼看了我兩次
Yeah, I do that sometimes
對,如果有人站在我正前方
when someone's standing right in front of me.
我偶爾會那么做
Yeah, but your glances were furtive.
但你瞥我時鬼鬼祟祟的
I was thinking about asking you something
我在想等這案子結束的時候
after all this is over,
請你幫我做件事
and then I realized how crazy it was,
然后我意識到這件事太瘋狂了
so I decided to keep it to myself.
所以我還是決定不說了
You know, people can do that.
有時人會反復
Is it something about your wife?
是跟你妻子有關嗎
I found out today that she's seen this guy
我今天發現她和一個青梅竹馬
that she grew up with a couple of times.
約會了幾次
"A friend."
所謂的"朋友"
He's a contractor.
他是個建筑承包商
He did some work on our house over the years.
這幾年他在我們家做了幾單工程
So you were thinking of asking me to investigate him?
你是想讓我去調查他
I was thinking about, and then I reconsidered,
只是想想,然后我決定還是不了
because like I said, it was a crazy...
就像我說的,這樣太瘋...
Anyway, it's... it's probably too late.
不管怎樣,可能已經太遲了
She and I... talked.
她跟我談過了
I don't think it's gonna work out.
我覺得我倆已經沒戲了
If you should need someone to talk to, then,
如果你需要和別人談談
please know I'll, uh...
我會...
I'll make Watson available to you.
我會把華生借給你
You see something funny, Jacob?
你覺得很好笑嗎,雅各布
Just thinking.
我是在想
Even dead, these guys are still managing to mess with me.
這兩人都死了還能給我找麻煩
So you admit you weren't a fan.
那你是承認跟他們不和
No.
對
You, Jacob, are what we in law enforcement call
你,雅各布,就是我們執法部門俗稱的
a "Cool Customer."
"冷酷的家伙"(難纏的人)
It's not exactly what I expected
看了你在軍隊的記錄
given your, uh, military record.
我沒想到你是這樣的人
Yeah, probably 'cause you believed all that crap
那是因為你們相信了那些
about me cracking up, right?
說我如何墮落的屁話,對吧
There some other reason you stabbed Sam Clennon?
你用刀刺傷山姆·克萊農另有原因嗎
I proposed to my girl right before I left for Afghanistan.
我在去阿富汗前向我女朋友求婚了
Three months into my deployment,
在我入伍三個月之后
I find out she's shacked up with my best friend.
我發現她在跟我最好的朋友廝混
Weren't married yet, but it still felt like adultery.
雖然還沒結婚,但我覺得就是私通
So, when I found out that one of the guys from my unit was
所以當我發現部隊里有個人
hooking up with a girl who I knew had a husband
和一個丈夫在國內的女人廝混
back in the States, I took that real seriously.
我覺得這很嚴重
You saying you stabbed Clennon because he was having an affair?
你是說你刺傷克萊農是因為他有外遇
I called him out because he was having an affair.
我本想為此把他叫出來談談
He got physical.
然后他動手了
I was just defending myself.
我只是正當防衛
That's not how this murdered man
但這個死者
described the incident in his report.
在報告中可不是這么寫的
Course he didn't,
他當然會那樣寫
'cause Clennon was the lieutenant's boy.
因為克萊農是他的人
They were tight.
他們關系很鐵
Can you account for your whereabouts the last two nights
你能描述一下過去兩晚八點到
between the hours of 8:00 and 11:00 p.m.?
十一點間你的行蹤嗎
I was home.
我在家
Can anyone verify that?
有人能證實這一點嗎
Nah. If we were to ask you to take off your shirt,
沒有,如果我們要你脫掉襯衫
would we find any fresh bullet wounds?
會不會發現你身上有新的槍傷呢
I look shot to you?
我看上去像中彈了的樣子嗎
The individual we're looking for got winged the other night.
我們尋找的人那晚肩膀中槍了
You don't have a wound,
如果你沒有傷痕
you don't have anything to worry about.
你就沒什么可擔心的了
Guess I got nothing to worry about.
看來我沒什么可擔心的
You're conscious. Excellent. We're going to Queens.
你醒了,太好了,我們要去皇后區
Why are we going to Queens?
為什么去那里
To visit the home wrecked
當然是去拜訪被第三者
by home-wrecker Sam Clennon, of course.
山姆·克萊農破壞的家庭
Jacob Esparza gave us the name of the woman
雅各布·埃斯帕薩告訴了我們在阿富汗
that Clennon was sleeping with in Afghanistan.
和克萊農出軌的那女人的名字
Elizabeth Roney. Looked into her.
伊麗莎白·蘿妮,我調查了她
Turns out, not a fellow soldier, but an archaeologist
發現她不是士兵,而是位考古學家
overseeing the excavation of artifacts from a Buddhist temple.
監督一座佛寺的文物挖掘工作
I'd say that her husband had motive
我認為她丈夫有殺害克萊農的動機
to want Clennon dead. Wouldn't you?
你不覺得嗎
Yeah, but why kill Lieutenant Monroe, as well?
有可能,但為什么連門羅中尉也殺了
As I said the other day, Watson,
華生,我之前就說過
monogamy is not a natural state.
一夫一妻制不是種自然狀態
In Dr. Roney's case, perhaps one affair was not enough.
蘿妮博士的出軌對象也許不止一個
Oh, I'm really sorry.
非常抱歉
She's, uh,
這只狗
sort of a man-hater.
它不喜歡男人
Goes crazy every time some guy walks past the yard.
每次有男人經過院子,它都會狂吠
We weren't walking past, actually.
事實上,我們并不是經過這里
We were walking in.
我們準備進去
Elizabeth Roney?
你是伊麗莎白·蘿妮嗎
Yeah. Beth.
是的,叫我貝絲
Can I help you?
我能幫你什么嗎
I'm sorry.
不好意思
This is just a lot to take in.
這些消息一時讓我難以消化
Sam and I weren't together very long, but still,
山姆和我并沒有在一起很久
it's-it's hard to believe he's gone.
但還是很難相信他去世了
I'm surprised you didn't hear about what happened on the news.
我很驚訝你都沒從新聞上聽到這些
I've been overseeing a dig in Kabul the last few days.
這幾天我都忙著監督喀布爾的挖掘工作
Um, ordinarily, I'd be on site,
通常我會在現場
but when teaching opportunities pop up here in New York,
但當紐約這邊有教書的機會時
I take advantage of the technology.
我就利用高科技進行遠程監控
These, um... are eight and a half hours ahead,
那邊比這邊早8個半小時
so I've been keeping odd hours,
所以我最近作息時間很混亂
pulling a lot of all-nighters.
經常通宵工作
Is your hus...
你丈夫
Gotham!
戈森
Sorry. Like I said, problems with men.
抱歉,如我所說,它不喜歡男人
Hmm. Is your husband around?
你丈夫在家嗎
We'd like to speak with him, as well.
我們還想和他談談
Why would you want to talk to Cameron?
你們為什么要和卡梅隆談
Sam Clennon, the man that you had an affair with
山姆·克萊農,也就是在阿富汗
in Afghanistan, was found dead, murdered
跟你出軌的男人,兩晚前
in his home two nights ago.
在家中被殺害
If you were me, wouldn't you want to speak with your husband?
如果你是我,不會想和你丈夫談談嗎
Okay, there's been some confusion.
這里有些誤會
Yes, Sam and I were involved, but it wasn't an affair.
我和山姆有過一段感情,但不是出軌
Not by a long shot.
絕對不是出軌
What do you mean?
這是什么意思
When we met, I was excavating a site
我們相遇時,我正在阿富汗挖掘
in Afghanistan called Mes Aynak.
梅斯·阿亞納克廟
Sam's unit was assigned as a security detail.
山姆的部隊被派來負責安全工作
Before I left the states, Cameron and I were already
離開美國前,我和卡梅隆
halfway through divorce proceedings.
就已經在處理離婚問題了
Yeah, technically, we were married,
雖然我們名義上還是夫妻
but we weren't a couple.
但已經不在一起了
Cameron moved to Arizona to be with his new girlfriend,
卡梅隆搬去亞利桑那和新女友住
and I went to Mes Aynak.
我去了梅斯·阿亞納克廟
Now that I'm back, I'm even mailing him
現在我回來了,我還在給他
some of his old stuff.
郵寄一些他的舊物
Were you ever romantically involved
那你和詹姆斯·門羅中尉
with Lieutenant James Monroe?
有過關系嗎
No.
沒有
Why would you ask me that?
你為什么問我這個問題
Look, I wish I could tell you Cameron was
聽著,我很想告訴你們卡梅隆
some nut or bad person, but he wasn't.
是個瘋子或壞蛋,但他不是
Even if he knew about Sam-- which he didn't--
即使他知道山姆的事,他也不會傷害他
he would not have hurt him.
更何況他根本不知道這件事
I found the case file that Detective Basken gave me
我在房間門口發現了巴斯肯警探
right outside my room.
給我的案件資料
I put it there.
是我放在那里的
Any particular reason?
有什么特別的原因嗎
You seemed miffed that I'd solved it.
我解決了案子,你似乎有點生氣
I thought, for your own training,
出于對你訓練的考慮
you might want to review the file,
我想你可能想回顧這些資料
see if the answer presents itself.
看看能不能找到答案
I don't want to solve it now.
我現在不想解決這案子了
I wanted to solve it when it was unsolved.
我想在它還沒被破解之前解決它
And I was only miffed because I didn't have
而我不開心的原因是
a chance to... to figure it out on my own.
我沒能得到獨立解決案子的機會
As I explained, the essence of our arrangement is partnership.
如我解釋的,我們倆本質上是搭檔
Partnership implies equality.
搭檔意味著平等
I'm good at this. We both know that.
我擅長這事,你我都知道
You've been solving cases since you were a kid.
你還是個孩子的時候就開始破案
I've got some catching up to do.
我得追趕好一陣子呢
It takes, what, 10,000 hours to master a skill?
要一萬小時才能精通一門技藝
This file was an opportunity for me to put some time in.
這份資料本可以給我機會練習
Now it's not. Okay, I don't want busywork,
現在沒有了,好吧,我不想忙活
thank you very much. I want to be useful.
謝謝你,我只想更有用一點
But you're meditating, apparently.
但顯然你正在冥想
I'm learning everything I can about Mes Aynak.
我在盡力了解關于梅斯·阿亞納克廟的一切
Oh, that's the site where Beth Roney worked
那里是貝絲·蘿妮跟兩個受害者
with those two victims, right?
一起工作的地方,對嗎
Jacob Esparza was stationed there, too.
雅各布·埃斯帕薩也駐扎在那里
It seems to be a crossroads in this particular puzzle.
看來它是這個謎題的交叉口
Fascinating place.
奇妙的地方
The remains of several ancient Buddhist settlements
古代佛教聚居地的遺址
sit atop the world's second largest copper deposit.
坐落在世界第二大的銅礦床上
Six years ago, a Chinese company was granted a lease
六年前,一個中國公司獲準
to mine the copper, but they can only do so
開采銅礦,但前提是他們必須
once the site is razed.
先把這地方夷為平地
They're just going to destroy it?
他們就打算把那地方毀了嗎
Well, they would if they had their way.
如果可以他們會的
But the plans incurred quite a bit of negative press,
但是這個計劃產生了很多負面壓力
in response to which the Afghan government set up a rapid excavation.
為應對壓力,阿富汗政府進行了快速發掘
The mining is currently on hold until 2014.
2014年之前礦山會處于停產狀態
Anything which is not carefully removed before then
在那之前沒有被妥善搬走的東西
will be lost forever.
將不復存在
But they're beautiful.
但他們多美啊
Not beautiful enough, apparently,
顯然還沒有美到
to delay access to the world's
能夠阻止開發
second largest copper deposit.
世界第二大銅礦的地步
James Monroe and Sam Clennon
詹姆斯·門羅和山姆·克萊農
were part of the unit which was assigned
是在發掘地進行保護工作的
to provide security for the dig,
部隊成員
a hastily-assembled excavation of priceless artifacts.
這個匆促建成的隊伍來挖掘無價之寶
Corners were cut.
難免順手牽羊
You think they stole from the site?
你認為他們從發掘地偷竊
I'm casting about for motive
我試著列舉動機
where it's proven difficult to come by.
卻很難想到
Was anything reported stolen? No.
有什么東西被報告失竊嗎,沒有
Which could mean
也許正說明
that the robbery was a phenomenal success.
盜竊行為相當成功
Or that it never happened.
或者根本沒有發生過
Watson, you attempted to work through the night.
華生,你打算要通宵工作
Excellent. Hmm. Did you sleep?
很好,你睡覺了嗎
In brief intervals.
間斷地瞇了一下
Tea, Tibetan fried bread.
茶,藏式炸面包
And the answer we're looking for.
還有我們尋找的答案
What is this?
這是什么
It is a list of every artifact
這是目前為止梅斯·阿亞納克廟
catalogued at Mes Aynak thus far.
登記的所有文物
The site contains nine different temples.
這個地方包括九間不同的廟
They've excavated seven.
他們已經發掘了七間
In each of those temples,
在每一間廟里
they have found a carved votive bowl
他們都發現了一個佛教寺廟中
common to Buddhist temples.
很常見的雕花祈愿缽
Unique to copper-rich Mes Aynak,
梅斯·阿亞納克廟與眾不同之處在于
the bowls are adorned with green copper ornamentation.
由于盛產銅礦,這些缽都有青銅裝飾
Hmm. Interesting.
有意思
Not the answer I was looking for, but interesting.
不是我想找的答案,但挺有意思
They have found a bowl in each of the temples
他們在發掘的每一間廟里都發現了一個缽
they've excavated, except for the last one.
除了最后一間
The one overseen by Monroe and Clennon.
門羅和克萊農監管的那間
In that dig, there's no bowl.
在那次發掘中,沒有發現缽
It was thought lost to plunder or time or shelling,
大家認為這缽毀于劫掠,時間或者風化
but I believe it was stolen.
但我認為它被偷了
Here is a picture of one of the bowls recovered at the site.
這是在發掘地發現的其中一個缽的照片
Beth Roney had a bowl just like this in her office yesterday.
昨天貝絲·蘿妮家有一個很類似的缽
She was working with Monroe and Clennon.
她跟門羅和克萊農一起工作
She prevented it from being catalogued, and then she got it
她讓缽免于登記,然后交于他們手中
into their hands so they could remove it from the site.
設法從發掘地偷運出去
Okay, why would she steal an artifact
那她為什么偷了文物
and then just leave it out in the open?
還要大庭廣眾擺出來
No one even knows it's missing.
沒有人知道失竊的事
She obviously felt confident enough to hide it
她顯然很有信心把它藏在
amongst other souvenirs from her excavations.
她其他的發掘紀念品中間
She isn't working alone.
她不是單打獨斗
We know that a man committed the murder,
我們知道有個男人實施了謀殺
so she and her partner are simply eliminating
顯然她和她的搭檔正在消滅
the other profit participants.
其他的得利參與者
Eat.
吃吧
Detective Bell is procuring a search warrant.
貝爾警探正在申請搜查令
Once we've retrieved the bowl, it should be simple enough
只要我們找回缽
to compel Dr. Roney to turn on her accomplice,
那么讓蘿妮博士供出同伙就很簡單了
and then we'll have to decide what to do
然后我們就該想想
with the rest of our afternoon.
怎么打發剩余的下午時光了
This is absurd.
這太荒謬了
I'm a scientist. I don't steal from my digs.
我是個科學家,我不會監守自盜
It was sitting right here.
之前就放在這里
We got a warrant. We'll turn this place upside down.
我們有搜查令,會把這地方搜個底朝天
I doubt they'll find anything.
我覺得他們找不到那個缽
She hid it somewhere after our visit yesterday.
她在我們昨天來過之后就把缽藏起來了
I hope not-- 'cause if she did,
希望沒有,要是真藏起來了
we got nothing on her.
我們就沒有指控她的證據了
We searched her place from top to bottom.
我們把她的房子翻了個底朝天
There's no trace of the bowl
還是沒找到那個我們認為
we think she stole from the Afghan temple.
她從阿富汗寺廟中偷來的缽
Well, it was at her house yesterday.
昨天那缽還在她家里
Sherlock and I both saw it.
我和夏洛克都看到了
Well, Ms. Roney says they're mistaken,
蘿妮女士說他們弄錯了
and that she had nothing to do with the murders of Clennon or Monroe.
還說她與克萊農和門羅的案子無關
Obviously, our visit spooked her.
很明顯,昨天的拜訪打草驚蛇了
She must have passed the artifact off
她肯定把那個缽
to her coconspirator.
轉移到同謀那里去了
We could check her cell activity,
我們可以查查她的電話記錄
see which towers carried her signal.
看看是哪個發射塔傳送她的信號
That way we'd have a rough idea where she went.
這樣就能大概知道她的行蹤
She spent all night on two videoconference calls.
她一晚上參加了兩個可視電話會議
15 archaeologists on two different continents
來自兩大洲的15名考古學家
confirm she wasn't away from her computer longer than five minutes.
都證明她離開電腦不超過五分鐘
In all likelihood, her accomplice came to her,
很有可能是同謀來找她
removed the bowl and all other incriminating evidence.
拿走了缽和其他犯罪證據
Yeah, well, without proof, we don't have much choice.
沒證據我們就沒轍了
We have to let her go.
必須放了她
I'm giving up on meditation.
我要放棄冥想了
Because we haven't figured out
就因為我們還沒找到
who Beth Roney's partner is yet?
貝絲·蘿妮的同謀
We've only been at it for a couple of hours.
我們接手這個案子才幾小時
We can't even find any suspects to evaluate.
我們連個嫌疑人都沒找到
She seems to have no boyfriend, no close friends.
她好像既無男友也無閨蜜
To put a finer point on it: no friends of any sort.
再說準確一點,沒有任何朋友
Her every waking hour is occupied by work.
她醒著的時間都忙于工作
Mmm, wonder what that's like.
真好奇這樣的生活是怎樣
Where'd that come from?
這東西從哪來的
Oh. The attic.
閣樓上
It's for you.
給你的
It is without doubt my most loathed article of furniture.
毫無疑問是我最討厭的家具
I'm touched.
我真感動
I was thinking about what you said yesterday
我考慮了一下你昨天的那些話
about wanting to improve yourself.
你說你想要進步
I support the instinct.
我非常支持這樣的想法
But when it comes to investigation,
但在調查的時候
I cannot restrict myself to your current pace.
我不能把自己局限在你的節奏上
And the trunk is gonna help me how?
那這個大箱子能幫我什么
Inside, you will find files on several cold cases.
這里面有一些懸案的文件
My cold cases.
我沒有解決的案子
They are the handful of mysteries
這是在我的破案生涯中
in all of my career
極少數
which have eluded my powers of deduction.
逃過演繹法推理的謎案
So the next time you wish to hone your skills
下次你若想獨自破案鍛煉能力
on a solo venture, I encourage you to peruse them.
我建議你來嘗試破解這些案子
I've already given them my all.
我已經盡全力了
Mmm. So there's little risk that I would arrive
所以我不太可能
at a solution before you.
在你之前找到答案
You might even succeed where I have failed.
你可能會在我失敗的地方成功
Thanks.
多謝
Anyway...
對了
these are Detective Bell's canvass reports.
這是貝爾警探的調查報告
Useless.
毫無用處
None of Dr. Roney's neighbors heard or saw
在我們對她的兩次拜訪之間
anyone approaching her house between our two visits.
蘿妮的鄰居沒聽到或看到任何人接近她家
No one heard anything--
沒有人聽到異響
but her partner was there.
但她的同伙就在那里
Her partner who we know is a man.
我們知道那是個男的
You want to get your dog under control?
你不管管你的狗嗎
No.
不
I don't. You're not welcome here.
我不管,你們不受歡迎
None of you are.
所有人都是
Well, you can do it,
你要不管
or Officer Dunn here can.
就讓鄧恩警官幫幫你
It's your choice.
自己選吧
Gotham!
戈森
Come on.
過來
So, let me guess.
讓我猜猜看
You have another warrant?
你又帶來一張搜查令
We do-- only this one is of the "Arrest" Variety.
的確,不過這次是逮捕令
What? We've identified
什么,我們已經認定了
the man who shot Sam Clennon and James Monroe.
射殺山姆·克萊農和詹姆斯·門羅的兇手
Your ex-husband, Cameron Hecht.
就是你前夫,卡梅隆·赫克特
We had the right man the other day,
我們找到了正確的嫌疑人
just wrong motive.
只不過弄錯了動機
He didn't kill your old partners because of some tryst;
他殺你的老搭檔不是因為吃醋
he killed them because he was your new partner.
而是因為他是你的新同伙
That's insane.
胡說八道
I told you, we got divorced over a year ago.
我告訴過你,我們一年前就離婚了
And then you reconciled.
但之后你們又和好了
According to him, at least.
至少他是這么說的
You talked to Cameron? At great length.
你們和卡梅隆談過了,談了很久
You told us he was in Arizona, but a quick check
你說他在亞利桑那
of his recent credit card activity
但查了一下他的信用卡記錄后
revealed he was, in fact, in New York.
我們發現他在紐約
He had much the same look on his face
我們昨晚敲開他酒店房門時
when we knocked on his hotel room door last night.
他也是你現在這副表情
As soon as we made it clear
在我們跟他說明了
how it simple it was to compare his DNA
對比他的DNA和在警監家里
to the blood droplets he left at the captain's house,
留下的血滴是如何易如反掌后
he rolled on you. He told us about
他就把你供出來了,他跟我們說了
the bowl you stole and a few other artifacts,
你偷的缽和幾件別的藝術品
how you thought you could get over a million dollars for them.
還有你想賣了它們賺一百萬多美金的想法
How did we think to look for him, you ask?
你想知道我們怎么會想到要去找他
Well, you have your femi-Nazi hound to thank for that.
這都要感謝你家暴躁的母獵犬了
Your neighbors didn't recall
你的鄰居們都說在我們
hearing anything unusual between our two visits,
兩次造訪期間沒聽到任何異常的動靜
including the barking of your dog.
就連你家狗的叫聲也沒有
Curious. We know that your partner was a man,
真奇怪,我們知道你的同伙是個男人
and that he'd managed to get in and out
而他能進出你家
of your home without upsetting her.
卻不惹它狂吠
So was it someone that she had grown used to over time,
那么這人是狗狗長時間以來習慣了的人
or was it someone that she'd simply never forgotten?
還是它一直難以忘懷的人呢
Beth Roney,
貝絲·蘿妮
you have the right to remain silent.
你有權保持沉默
Anything you say
但你所說的話
can and will be used against you in a court of law.
將會成為呈堂證供
Come in.
請進
What's that?
那是什么
Background check on Steven Accorsi.
史蒂文·阿科西的背景調查
I never gave you his name.
我都沒給你這人的名字呢
You told me that he was a contractor
你說過他是個承包商
who'd done some work on your home,
給你家做過些工程
so I looked at some building permits that had been issued...
我就翻看了些建筑許可證...
I told you I didn't want you doing anything about it.
我說過不想讓你再管這件事了
Well, I wanted to help.
可我想幫忙
Aside from a few unpaid parking tickets,
除了幾張沒交的停車賬單
your wife's suitor appears to be above board.
你老婆的追求者是個光明正大的人
Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
如果這不是你想聽到的就抱歉了
No, you keep that.
不,你留著吧
I... I don't want it.
我不想要
Hmm. Your wife is aware that you didn't like him, correct?
你老婆知道你不喜歡這人,是吧
Your feelings were... clear to her?
她明白你的這些感受吧
Only for the last 30 years, yeah.
這三十年來都很明顯
Why?
怎么了
Well, it's just... interesting, out of...
只是覺得有趣
all the men she could have entertained,
有這么多人她可以約
she chose the one most likely to elicit a reaction from you.
偏偏挑了個最可能惹你不快的人
Maybe she thought I deserved it.
也許她覺得我活該
Mmm. Pictures of you around the house,
家里到處擺放著你的照片
it's odd that they're still on display. No?
都沒收起來,這很奇怪不是嗎
Well, we haven't told the kids about the separation yet.
我們還沒跟孩子們說分居的事
She's just... keeping up appearances.
她只是做做樣子罷了
You should know, Captain, I usually cheer
你該知道,警監,通常一場婚姻結束
the end of any marriage.
我會大肆慶祝
As an institution, I think it's outlasted its usefulness
作為一種制度,我覺得婚姻的
by quite a large...margin.
必要性十分有限
And yet I've come to appreciate the premise of partnership.
但我現在也開始欣賞同伴的存在
It's far more intricate than I had previously imagined.
這比我原先以為的要更加錯綜復雜
The very smallest gesture can speak volumes.
很小的舉動都可能意義非凡
You're telling me not to give up?
你是說我不該放棄嗎
I'm telling you, you should never have entered
我是說,你不該陷入
into the charade that is wedded matrimony.
婚姻生活的猜謎游戲
You had a partner.
你有一個伴侶
Perhaps you still do.
也許你還沒有失去她
Who's this?
這小家伙是誰
Her name's Gotham.
它叫戈森
Her owner's gonna be away for a while.
它的主人要離開一段日子
But I got to warn you,
不過我要警告你
she's got a thing about strange men.
它對陌生男人非常有敵意
I had to give her half a roast beef sandwich
我給了它半個烤牛肉三明治
to get her in the car.
才把它弄上車
Oh, doesn't like strange men-- now I get it.
不喜歡陌生男人呀,我明白了
Hi.
你好啊
I wanted you to know that...
我想讓你知道
...I understand that this separation isn't just some...
我明白這次分居不只是
waiting period.
原地等待
I put you in second position for too long.
長久以來我都忽視了你
And you deserve better.
而你值得更好的對待
So I'm gonna work to give it to you.
所以我想努力對你更好
I'm not gonna push.
我不會給你壓力
You need space.
你需要空間
I respect that.
我尊重你
But I'm not gonna throw in the towel.
但是我不會就這樣放棄
You take this time,
你用這段時間
do what you got to do,
處理你的情緒
and I'll take it, too.
我也一樣
Figure out what I can do better.
想想我如何能做得更好
Thank you.
謝謝你
Good night, sweetheart.
晚安,寶貝