Kentucky you have 53 votes.
肯塔基,你們有53票
How do you cast them?
你們要投給誰
Madam Secretary
秘書長女士
as a senator for the great Commonwealth of Kentucky
作為肯塔基州參議員
I'm proud to speak on behalf of the delegation's chair.
我很榮幸以代表團的名義發言
The Commonwealth of Kentucky
肯塔基聯邦
home of the Derby the Wildcats
德比賽馬會之鄉,野貓隊之鄉
and the birthplace of bourbon
波本酒的發源地
for Vice President of the United States
在美國副總統投票上
casts 13 votes for Secretary of State Catherine Durant...
13票投給國務卿凱瑟琳·杜蘭特
for Senator Joseph Baker of Nevada
11票投給內華達參議員約瑟夫?貝克,11
for Governor Randall Smith of West Virginia
9票投給西弗吉尼亞州長蘭道爾?史密斯,9
apiece for Governor Jill Haley of Florida
佛羅里達州長吉爾?哈利,7
and Congresswoman Sharon Pierce of California
和加州議員莎倫?皮爾斯女士各7票
for one of our own the Mayor of Louisville Jill Carson
5票投給我們路易斯維爾市長,吉爾?卡森,5
and 1 vote for the First Lady of these United States
還有1票投給美國第一夫人
Mrs. Claire Underwood.
克萊爾?安德伍德夫人
Louisiana you have 61 votes.
路易斯安那,你們共有61票
How do you cast them?
你們都投給了誰
Isn't this exciting? You can feel the electricity.
很激動人心吧,可以感受到熱烈的氣氛
Been a very long time since an open convention.
好久沒舉辦過開放黨代會了
I'm surprised you didn't get a few votes yourself Senator.
我很意外您自己一票都沒有,參議員
I'm not running for vice president.
我沒參選副總統
Neither is Claire Underwood and she got one.
克萊爾?安德伍德也沒有,她還是得了一票
That was my vote.
是我投的
Trying to throw some levity into the proceedings sir?
是想增加點趣味嗎,先生
Hell no! I think she'd make a terrific vice president.
才不是,我認為她能勝任副總統
Mrs. Underwood! Mrs. Underwood!
安德伍德夫人,安德伍德夫人
A couple of questions Mrs. Underwood if you have a moment?
我有幾個問題,安德伍德夫人,您有時間嗎
Yes I only have time for a few.
可以,我只有幾分鐘
Welcome to Atlanta Mrs. Underwood.
歡迎來到亞特蘭大,安德伍德夫人
Thank you.
謝謝
Can you comment on Senator Sheer's vote?
您能對希爾參議員的投票發表評論嗎
Well I am flattered. But it's all in good fun I'm sure.
我很榮幸,但我相信他是開玩笑的
Mrs. Underwood he says he'll vote for you again.
安德伍德夫人,他說他還會再為您投票
Well I am encouraging everyone including Senator Sheer
我鼓勵所有人,包括參議員希爾
to vote for Cathy Durant.
把票投給凱茜?杜蘭特
Both the president and I
總統和我
think she is the best choice in the field.
都認為她是這個職位的最佳人選
You changed everything we wrote.
你把我們寫的稿全改了
There was no imagination to it. No rhythm.
那個稿子沒有創意,也不押韻
We've been writing their speeches since they took office.
從他們就職就是我們在為他們寫講稿
We know what we're doing.
我們知道自己在做什么
Well do you want it to be good or do you want it to be yours?
你們在意的是好講稿,還是撰稿人署名
The vote I'm most excited about
最讓我激動的投票
is the victory our
是昨天在眾議院
Background Check Legislation got in the House yesterday.
我們的《背景普查法案》取得的勝利
So I'm hoping that the Senate will follow their lead soon
所以我希望參議院也能盡快向他們學習
and that the president can sign it into law.
這樣總統就能簽署這一法案
I have to go. Thank you so much.
我得走了,非常感謝
Thank you... for inviting us.
謝謝您邀請我們
No.
不,
It's me who has to thank you and your son.
是我應該謝謝你和你兒子
He saved my life.
他救了我的命
No matter how tragic the circumstances.
雖然是因為那樣一場悲劇
I want you to meet some of the other recipients.
我想帶你見見其他接受者
This is James... who received one of your son's kidneys.
這是詹姆斯...接受了你兒子的一個腎
And this is Luisa...
這是路易莎
who received your son's heart.
她接受了你兒子的心臟
Luisa was at the top of the list.
路易莎是名單中的第一個
She was hours away from dying.
她再過幾小時本就會死了
Uh if we could let's all get together for a photo.
如果可以的話,我們一起拍個照吧
James? Right here.
詹姆斯,過來
You come right here. Okay.
你到這兒來,好的,
This way. Great.
這邊,很好
The president isn't shying away from uh his transplant.
總統對他的移植手術并不避諱
Well I think it's a smart move.
我認為這是明智的舉動
You can't deny it so why try to hide it?
既然不能否認,干嘛要隱瞞呢
Plus I think it underscores the importance
另外,我認為這也強調了
of the vice presidential situation.
副總統選舉的重要性
Wait rolling out the donor's mom? That feels a bit exploitative.
等等,把捐贈者的媽媽拉出來,感覺像在作秀
I... Look hold on.
我...等等
A little bit of compassion the kid just shot himself.
有點同情心,那孩子剛剛飲彈自盡了
And with a handgun no less.
而且是用一把手槍
Legally purchased. Let's not put this on the gun.
合法購買的,不要把重點轉移到槍上
Look I am sorry all of this the whole thing
很抱歉,這一切
the convention... It's theatrics.
黨代會...都是制造戲劇效果
Hey look I... bring on the circus.
鬧起來吧
It's a lot more fun than some fourday infomercial.
比四天的專題廣告片有趣多了
Let's talk about the contenders themselves.
我們來說說競選者吧
There's almost a dozen of 'em.
足有十多個
Can you uh lower that please? really have a chance.
你能小點聲嗎,...確實有機會,
Durant first among 'em.
杜蘭特是頭一個
It's 11:00 in the morning day one
這才第一天,上午11點
and they're beating Ellen.
收視率比《艾倫秀》還高
Less traffic on the website too.
網站的流量也少了
People aren't watching the videos as much.
看視頻的人越來越少了
This sold over a million copies.
這個賣了一百多萬份
Five times that many read it online.
是網上閱讀量的五倍
Yeah well that was last month. This is this month.
對,那是上個月,這是這個月
We announce a stellar running mate.
我們公開了一位重要競選伙伴
He eviscerates Underwood on ICO.
他在哈里發國問題上重創安德伍德
We have not one but two
我們手里有兩個
Vanity Fair covers that Pollyhop's pushing
《名利場》封面供波利跳推送
and all you give me is excuses.
而你們卻在這里大找借口
The point was for us to drown out their convention
應該是我們的曝光率壓制他們的黨代會
not the other way around. We need to steal the thunder back.
而不是反過來,我們得把風頭奪回來
So go where the thunder is.
那就去風口奪風頭
I've been one heartbeat away for almost two years.
兩年來,我一直近在咫尺
My heart's not in it anymore.
我對這個已經沒興趣了
I'm going to head back to Vermont after November.
過了11月我就回佛蒙特去了
Maybe start teaching again.
也許繼續回去教書
Who are you supporting then?
那你支持誰呢
On the record Cathy Durant.
公開說是凱茜?杜蘭特
And off the record?
私下里呢
I'm not the biggest fan.
我不是很喜歡她
Why?
為什么
She wasn't much help during the Russia crisis.
俄國危機期間她沒幫上什么忙
She closed the deal with Petrov.
可是她和佩特羅夫達成了協議
She took credit for it sure.
功勞的確是歸到她頭上了
But she fought the deal every step of the way.
但她從始至終都在阻撓那份協議
Nothing would've happened if it weren't for Claire.
如果不是克萊爾,根本就不可能成
The First Lady?
第一夫人
The former ambassador.
是前大使
We're closer in Kansas but still not close enough.
我們在堪薩斯支持率更接近了,但還不夠
Did you speak to Jefferies
你去爭取眾議院票時
when you were there for the House vote?
和杰弗瑞斯談過了嗎
He's leaning on Fred Simms.
他正在向弗雷德?西姆斯施壓
If Simms could deliver two or three delegates
如果西姆斯可以拉來兩三名代表
That could push Kansas over the edge.
那就能整個拿下堪薩斯了
I can call Womack.
我可以聯系烏麥克
He's got some friends over the border.
他在那邊有幾個朋友
What about Pawley? Pawley?
珀利怎么樣,珀利,
Sheriff Pawley in Fort Worth old family friend of my dad's.
沃思堡治安官珀利,是我爸的老朋友了
He's close with some superdelegates from Dallas.
他和達拉斯的幾位超級代表關系很近
Yes he's on board.
可以拉他過來
Gotta love those sheriffs.
真得喜歡這些治安官
That's how we do in Louisiana.
我們在路易斯安那就是那么做的
What about Enright?
恩萊特呢
I'm meeting him for coffee at the Hyatt.
我和他約好了在凱悅喝咖啡
In fact I better get going. I don't wanna be late.
話說我該過去了,我可不想遲到
Now if we could lock up Virginia
如果我們能拿下弗吉尼亞
It would send a very big message.
就會向全國發出強勢的訊息
And then Kentucky next.
接下來就是肯塔基
He's got a big old crush on you.
肯塔基州可喜歡你了
We better get you on a move.
那你最好趕緊上路
Enright is a stickler for punctuality.
恩萊特最討厭不守時了
You know I'm having fun. I forgot how much I miss being whip.
我挺開心的,我都忘了我多喜歡做黨鞭
You whip 'em. I'll sweet talk 'em.
鞭子你來抽,蜜糖我來喂
Nothing like leather and sugar.
胡蘿卜加大棒最有效了
Sir?
先生
Senator Sheer.
希爾參議員
Senator you did a fine job.
參議員,你干得太漂亮了
Yeah I better get prime time
我最好能拿到黃金時段
not one of these midmorning speeches.
而不是在垃圾時段發表講話
Eight o'clock Wednesday night. I called Patti myself.
周三晚上八點,我親自和帕特打招呼
Do you know the main thing that separates
你知道政客這個物種
a politician from the rest of the species?
和其他物種最大的區別是什么嗎
A politician is the one who would drown a litter of kittens
政客愿意淹死一窩小奶貓
for ten minutes of prime time.
來換十分鐘的黃金時段
Secretary Durant. Editor in chief Politico.
杜蘭特國務卿,我是政治新聞網的總編
It's all right.
沒事的
Adam are you covering this yourself?
亞當,你親自來做報道嗎
First open one since '68.
68年以來的第一次開放黨代會
It's humid as hell though.
不過這天夠潮的
I just got here and I'm already soaked.
我剛來就渾身透濕了
On the plus side
不過往好處想
I hear they have the best strip clubs in the country.
我聽說這里的艷舞俱樂部全國頂尖
Can I ask you a couple questions?
我能問幾個問題嗎
Well I'm in a hurry. Just a couple.
我有點急事,就幾個,
Nothing on the record.
不能公開
Tell me about the rumors
和我說說那些
regarding the deal you struck with Petrov in Brandenburg.
你在勃蘭登堡和佩特羅夫談判的傳聞吧
What rumors?
什么傳聞
That it was the First Lady who brokered the deal not you.
是第一夫人談妥的協議,而不是你
It was a team effort. Who is your source?
那是團隊合作的成果,是誰告訴你的
I can't. You know that.
我不能透露,你懂的
Well I'm afraid that's all the time I've got.
實在抱歉,我沒有時間了
Have a good trip Adam.
一路順風,亞當
The president was on site this morning for a press briefing
總統今早和凱倫?威廉姆斯一起
at the Truxton Marquis with Karen Williams
在特斯頓侯爵酒店召開了記者會
the mother of Daniel Williams
凱倫的兒子丹尼爾?威廉姆斯
the organ donor who provided his liver.
是他所用肝臟的捐獻者
Alongside him were all of the donor organs' recipients.
一起出席的還有其他器官接受者
Ms. Williams took time to speak with each recipient
威廉姆斯太太和每一位接受者交談
whose life was saved in the wake of her son's passing.
是她已逝兒子的器官挽救了他們的生命
The president used this solemn event
總統借此肅穆的場合
to express his gratitude for those who share their lives
表達了他對分享生命拯救他人健康
for the health and welfare of others
和幸福的人的敬意
whether through organ donation or through their work.
無論是通過捐贈器官,還是工作
The president's condition has improved dramatically
總統在接受器官移植后
since his organ donation.
健康狀況大為好轉
The entire country was on edge
他住院期間
throughout his time in the hospital.
全國人民的心都懸在空中
Sixteenyearold Daniel
16歲少年丹尼爾
who saved President Underwood from his health crisis
把安德伍德總統從健康危機中解救了出來
left this world by
他離開了這個世界
giving back to so many others he never expected to touch.
卻回饋了很多他并不知道自己會觸動的人
Lasting tributes like this will not be forgotten.
這樣永恒的禮物是不會被遺忘的
Currently there are more than 122000 men women and children
目前,每年都有超過12.2萬男人女人和小孩
seeking an organ transplant each year
在尋求器官移植
most common needs being the kidney liver and heart.
最常見的需求是腎臟,肝臟和心臟
And while the number of donors has increased over the years
雖然這些年來,捐贈者的數量有所上升
recipients are still in for a long potentially fatal waiting period
接受者在找到一個健康匹配的器官前
before a healthy matching organ becomes available.
仍要熬過一段漫長且可能致命的等待期
Waiting lists for these types of transplants
這類移植的等待人
can last from days to months on end.
能堅持從幾天到幾個月不等
Although President Underwood's critical condition
雖然安德伍德總統因情況緊急
pushed him to the top of the donor list
而登上捐贈名單榜首
he was fortunate to have received a donation in time.
但他能及時獲得捐贈仍然是很幸運的
Many status one or most inneed patients
很多重癥或急需的病人
do not receive a transplant in time to save their lives.
并不能及時得到救命的移植
Tennessee! You have 77 votes.
田納西州,你們有77票
How do you cast them?
你們要投給誰
From the Volunteer State...
志愿者州...田納西州的別稱
the president will be with you in a moment.
總統馬上會接聽電話
we cast 73 votes for vice president
在美國副總統投票上,我們把73票,
to Secretary Catherine Durant
投給凱瑟琳?杜蘭特國務卿
and four votes to Senator Joseph Baker.
4票投給約瑟夫?貝克參議員
Cathy! The meeting with Enright went well.
凱茜,跟恩萊特的見面很順利,
I put a call into him afterwards. He said you charmed him.
我之后給他打了電話,他說被你折服了
That puts us where? Ninefortynine.
我們有多少票了,949
We won't make this ballot but we're getting close.
這輪投票還贏不了,但也拉近了差距
Next one. I'm sure of it.
下輪肯定行,我確定
Let's talk once we get the final numbers.
等我們拿到最終數字再談吧
Will do. Bye.
好的,再見
Texas you have 237 votes.
德州,你們有237票
Do you have my call list for tonight?
我今晚要打的電話名單呢
How do you cast them?
你們要投給誰
Madam Secretary my name is Ruiz Trejo.
秘書長女士,我是魯伊斯?特雷霍
I see. Uh I ran into Giovanni in the elevator.
好的,我在電梯遇見喬瓦尼了
You can cross him off.
你可以劃掉他
And cross off Milford.
再劃掉米爾福德
She said she's gonna back Baker till the bitter end.
她說她到死都只會支持貝克
We cast all of our votes to our native daughter
我們所有的票都投給了我們本區人
the First Lady
第一夫人
and the future Vice President of the United States of America
也是美國未來的副總統
Claire Underwood.
克萊爾?安德伍德
Thank you Texas. And thank...
謝謝,德州,謝...
All 237? Nice.
全部237票嗎,太好了
My mother brought the hammer down on the holdouts.
我母親狠狠敲打了猶豫不定的
I just emailed you my donor lists for Austin and Houston.
我剛發了奧斯丁和休斯頓的捐贈者名單給你
Should be at least two million in the bank.
應該至少能拿到兩百萬
Ms. Jones. Oh that's great.
瓊斯女士,太好了,
Oh I gotta go. The cameras are here.
我得掛了,攝影來了
Ms. Jones the entire state for the First Lady.
瓊斯女士,整個州都投給第一夫人
Will you comment?
您如何評價呢
I think our unanimous vote is all the commentary you need.
我認為我們一致的選票就是你想要的評論
Now the president endorsed your race uh
總統在國情咨文中
your mother's vacant seat uh during the State of the Union.
背書了您競選接替你母親
He sure did and I'm proud to be the frontrunner.
是的,作為領跑者我很驕傲
Did that endorsement have anything to do
這背書會不會跟您
with your support of the First Lady?
對第一夫人的支持有關呢
Look I won't deny that the Underwoods have been good to me.
我不會否認安德伍德夫婦對我很好
But no. They asked me to vote for Catherine Durant.
但不是的,他們叫我投給凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
And while I think Secretary Durant
雖然我認為杜蘭特國務卿
would be a wonderful woman for the job
會是這項工作的好人選
I think Claire is the best woman for the job.
但我覺得克萊爾是最好的人選
Well I really appreciate it Diane
我真的很感激,戴安
and I know Cathy will as well.
我知道凱茜也會很感激的
All right we'll speak soon.
好吧,再聯絡
New draft.
新草稿
LeAnn wanted me to work in some phrases...
莉安讓我再改改一些用詞...
and keyword amplifiers.
和一些關鍵強調詞
All I'm asking is that you make the call.
我只求你打個電話
He'll listen if it comes from you.
如果是你說,他會聽的
It seems very clunky.
好生硬
I agree.
我同意
Is there a way to...
能不能...
put in what she wants and make it...
寫出她想要的但寫得...
more elegant? He's still pissed about
更優雅一點,他還在為,
that limpdick defense bill I killed when I was whip...
我在擔任黨鞭時否決的沒用國防法案生氣
Maybe... but I have my limitations.
也許吧...但我有我的限制
Well you don't have much faith in her analytics I don't think.
我覺得你不太相信她的分析
It's paint by numbers.
都是用數字在說話
Yes well she also says
是啊,她還說
that you've been alienating some of the other speechwriters.
你一直在疏遠其他講稿撰寫人
Eh well their mediocrity is what's alienating them.
他們的平庸才是他們被疏遠的原因
I'm allergic to it.
我對那個過敏
I work better alone. Let me speak to Bryce
我獨自工作更好,讓我跟布賴斯談談,
and then see what I can do.
看看我能做點什么
That's right. WestCAM should do it.
沒錯,讓韋斯特電子來做
Well tonight if you can.
最好是今晚
The morning is fine if you can't...
實在不行就早上...
I have to go. Let's discuss the speech later.
我得走了,晚點再討論講稿吧
Yeah all I need is just three more from your state
對,我只需要你們州再來三票
and we've got it.
我們就贏了
Yes just a... just a few more.
對,就再多幾票
Like three.
三票
Yes and so do I. I'll talk to you tomorrow.
對,我也是,我們明天再聊
Good night.
晚安
Tom.
湯姆
I feel like we haven't even had a chance to say hello
你來之后,我們都沒時間
since you came on board.
打個招呼
You're a busy man.
你是個大忙人
I don't know the opposite.
我從來沒閑下來過
It has its upsides. Like sleep.
也有好處,比如睡眠
And friends.
還有朋友
How's the uh...
那個怎么樣了
You know if it weren't for the pills
要不是得吃藥
I could go through entire days without even thinking about it.
我一整天都不會想到這事
I wonder what that kid would think...
不知道那孩子如果知道
if he knew that part of him was inside of the president's body.
他成了總統身體的一部分會怎么想
www.ZiMuZu.tv
最新美劇下載
Tragic huh?
真悲劇
But then again
但話又說回來
one man's tragedy is another man's treasure
一個人的悲劇是另一個人的寶藏
isn't that right? Trash.
是不是,垃圾,
What?
什么
"One man's trash." That's how the saying goes.
"一個人的垃圾"應該這么說,
Oh right.
對了
How's the speech coming?
講稿怎么樣了
Well this is for the introduction to your acceptance speech but...
這是你提名演講的先導講話,但...
shouldn't it be for her own acceptance?
不該是她自己的提名演講嗎
You want Claire to win not Durant.
你想讓克萊爾贏,而不是杜蘭特
A First Lady as the...
第一夫人當...
That's ludicrous.
真荒唐
I don't think so.
我不這么認為
And I don't think you do either.
而且我覺得你也不
Maybe I'm wrong.
也許我錯了
But if I'm right...
但如果我說得對
she's gonna need the speech to end all speeches.
她會需要一份終結者性的講稿
And it would be good for me to know that.
提前讓我有準備會比較好
I have some more work to do.
我還有其他事
Governor! How are you?
州長,你好嗎
Yeah well I wish I was in Oregon too
對,我也希望我在俄勒岡州
but I'm here in Atlanta
但我現在在亞特蘭大
where it's muggier than a street hooker's twat.
這里比站街女的屄還濕熱
I am honored to be mentioned
能和國務卿杜蘭特以及
with Secretary Durant and Senator Baker.
貝克參議員相提并論,我倍感榮幸
They're seasoned politicians.
他們都是經驗豐富的政治家
But I already have a job
但我已經有工作了
First Lady of the United States.
美國的第一夫人
Well Texas is over 5% of the vote.
德克薩斯州的選票占比超過5%
And my home state so let's not make more of it than it is.
也是我的家鄉,所以別想得太多了
Claire!
克萊爾
Congratulations. I think you're in fifth place now.
祝賀你,你現在已經是第五名了
Yeah with you in first where you should be.
對,而你是當之無愧的第一
Secretary Durant do you think the First Lady has a shot?
杜蘭特國務卿,您認為第一夫人有機會嗎
I think Texas just gave her one.
我覺得德州給了她一次機會
Kidding aside do you think
不開玩笑
she has the foreign policy experience?
您認為她有外交經驗嗎
It's beside the point. And like I said this morning
這無關緊要,而且我今早說過
I encourage everyone including Texas
我鼓勵所有人,也包括德州人
to vote for Secretary Durant.
給杜蘭特國務卿投票
Mrs. Underwood
安德伍德夫人
You know what if you'll excuse me
失陪一下
I want to get back to the phones
我想繼續去打電話
make sure Cathy gets this nomination.
確保凱茜得到提名
Thank you. May I have a moment?
謝謝,能單獨說句話嗎,
Oh of course.
當然
Did anyone ask you about Brandenburg
有沒有人問過你勃蘭登堡的事
or any of your people and your involvement there?
或者問過你的手下,打探你在其中的角色
Brandenburg?
勃蘭登堡
No we put that to bed.
沒有,我們不是都解決了
That's what I thought
我之前也這么以為
which is why I was surprised when Adam Gould told me
所以亞當?古爾德告訴我
that he had sources saying you deserved all the credit.
知情人說功勞全是你的時,我很驚訝
We all agreed to what our version of the story is
我們都統一了說法
so somebody isn't toeing the line.
這么說有人不聽話了
Well I'm sure it's not White House staff.
肯定不是白宮的工作人員
I bet he's just fishing trying to start some rivalry.
他肯定只是在瞎猜,想挑撥對立
Well I'd be grateful if he asks you or anyone else
那樣就好了,如果他問你或者其他人
Of course. And I've been sticking to our story...
當然,而且我一直堅持我們的說法
which it was you that got the Russians to back down
是你讓俄國人做出讓步
and I was just there to support you.
我到那兒只是去支持你
That wouldn't look good to the delegates
代表們如果知道不會滿意的
the fact that you met with Petrov without me.
是你單獨和佩特羅夫見了面
It would look like I wasn't in command of
會看上去像我根本沒控制住...
No one needs to know what we discussed.
我們討論的內容不需要讓人知道
You have nothing to worry about Cathy. Honestly.
你沒什么可擔心的,凱茜,真的
Well yeah. I can get you on the phone
對,我可以幫你接通
with the Secretary of Agriculture
農業部長的電話
but if you want drought relief
但如果你想抗旱救災
I'm gonna need more than just Stevens and Lopez.
那只有史蒂文斯和洛佩茲可遠遠不夠
Has anything been set up with Baker yet?
貝克那邊有什么安排嗎
Tomorrow morning in his room.
明早在他的房里
Well that's cutting it close.
這卡得也太緊了
He's at a big dinner with
他今晚還要和
the Florida congressional delegation tonight.
佛羅里達國會代表團吃飯
Well all right and call me back.
那好,請務必回電
The rumors have gotten to Cathy.
凱茜已經聽見風聲了
Well we did want them to spread. That was the idea.
我們本來就是想把風聲傳出去
I think one of us needs to speak with her.
我們得有人找她談談
Yeah but the plan was to wait till it was inevitable.
但計劃是要等到萬不得已再去
If we don't involve her sooner than later Francis
如果我們不盡快把她拉進來,弗蘭西斯
she could turn on us.
她可能會背叛我們
All right you take your meeting with Baker.
那好,你去見貝克
I'll talk to Cathy. You set that up. Yes sir.
我去和凱茜談,你去定時間,好,先生,
How much are you going to say?
你打算說到什么地步
Just enough to prepare her.
讓她做好準備就行
A lot of calls about Mrs. Underwood in Russia.
不少人來電問安德伍德夫人和俄國的事
Denying?
你否認了
Ignoring which is the same as confirming.
我無視了,基本上就是等于默認了
Good. Claire in there?
很好,克萊爾在里面嗎,
She's speaking privately with the president.
她正在和總統談私事
Oh I'm sure she won't mind.
我進去她不會介意的
Where are we with LeAnn?
查莉安查得怎么樣了
She's clean. No.
她沒有問題,不可能,
I refuse to believe that.
我不相信
Doug if our campaign manager bites the dust
道格,如果我們的競選經理完蛋了
that hurts us.
這對我們沒有好處
I gave you a task.
這是我給你的任務
And I'll keep at it.
我繼續查
Nice coverage on the liver thing this morning.
今早捐肝的新聞做得漂亮
I emailed you some links.
我給你發了些鏈接
Boys are older now both married.
孩子們都大了,結婚了
Got a third grandkid on the way.
第三個孫子也要出世了
We don't get out to the lake much these days.
如今我們不怎么去湖邊了
Washington takes its toll.
混首都圈代價不小啊
It sure does.
那是自然
I've made a lot of sacrifices over the years Mrs. Underwood.
我這些年犧牲了不少,安德伍德夫人
Time with my boys that's a big one.
最主要的就是沒時間陪孩子
Who knows if I'll win but I'm in the mix.
我不知道能不能贏,但我參與進來了
And I can't sacrifice this opportunity
我不能犧牲這次機會
to pave the way for Cathy Durant.
為凱茜?杜蘭特鋪路
You won't win Senator. We both know that.
你贏不了的,參議員,你我都清楚
But I can't help her.
可我不能幫她
Now I realize you two don't get along.
我知道你們兩個有分歧
She despises me.
她看不慣我
And I have to say the feeling is mutual.
而老實說,我對她也是一樣
Well listen The moment she became Secretary of State
聽著,她一就任國務卿,
she got the Republicans to
她就讓共和黨人
remove me from the Foreign Relations Committee.
把我從外事委員會趕出來了
And Francis was very upset about that.
弗蘭西斯對此很不高興
But that was the past.
可這都是過去的事了
Let's talk about the future.
我們還是放眼未來吧
This support for Claire it's caught us both off guard.
黨內對克萊爾如此支持,你我都沒想到
But you are my choice for vice president.
但我要你來做副總統
Nothing has changed on that front.
這一點不會變
Well my only concern are the rumors.
我只是擔心那些傳言
They could damage my chances.
的確會威脅我的勝算
Yes. And we'll do what we can to combat those.
是,我們會想辦法應對的
That's what Claire said too and it's much appreciated.
克萊爾也是這么說的,我很感激
But if andOh God it's a big if.
但是如果,僅僅是如果
But what if...
但是如果
support for Claire picks up steam...
對克萊爾的支持成了氣候
Well you don't actually think that will happen?
你不是真以為有這可能吧
Oh no. I mean a First Lady as VP?
當然不了,第一夫人哪能當副總統
No.
怎么會
The party wants someone with experience and so does the country.
黨內想要個有經驗的人,人民也是
Absolutely.
那是當然
But... it is an open convention
但這次是開放黨代會
and so we have to operate
所以我們必須
with the belief that anything could happen.
準備應對一切可能發生的情況
I mean the press is certainly enjoying imagining it.
媒體是對這個想法十分感興趣
Well sure. It makes for a good story.
那可不,這種頭條賺銷量呢
Yeah and it's the kind of coverage that we can't really control.
而這種新聞我們也沒辦法控制
You know I mean
我是說
these things have a way of taking on a life of their own.
這種風聲會自己落地生根
Like the Zoe Barnes story
就像佐伊?巴恩斯的報道
did about my nomination for Secretary of State.
影響了我擔任國務卿的提名
Except that one we planted.
只不過那是我們設計好的
And this one you didn't. No absolutely not!
這次你沒有嗎,當然沒有,
I mean Claire was mortified by those votes.
克萊爾都不知道怎么回應這些支持票
What you're saying is if the coverage influences enough people...
你是說,如果新聞報道影響了足夠多的人
Well we have to be prepared for that.
我們必須有所準備
I mean...
當然了
of course politically it would be a disaster.
從政治角度講,這簡直是災難
Maybe maybe not.
也許是,也許不是
You don't think so?
你覺得不一定嗎
Well personally I think Claire would do an excellent job.
我個人覺得克萊爾會非常稱職
Well I am very surprised to hear you say that.
你這么說我實在是沒想到
You don't believe she would?
你不相信她會嗎
Well I've just never really considered it.
我只是從來沒這么想過
The First Lady? As vice president?
第一夫人,當副總統
Well 251 delegates think it's a good idea.
有251個黨代表支持這個想法
Well most of those were from Texas which was a lark.
他們大多來自德州,那只是玩笑
Was it?
是嗎
I have as many delegates as you do Senator.
支持我的黨代表不比你少,參議員
But if you start pushing yours my way... You double.
但如果你開始支持我,你得票翻倍,
And take the lead.
并且票數最多
And then Cathy puts you over the top. That's the idea.
然后凱茜再支持你獲得提名,就是這樣,
So she's in on this?
她也支持你嗎
She will be.
她會的
Well let's say Claire does take the lead
假設克萊爾真的票數領先
however unlikely that may be...
先不管可能性有多大吧
Very unlikely I would say. Well let's say she does.
我看基本不可能,先假設她領先了,
What do you propose?
你打算怎么辦
I honestly don't know.
我還真不知道
Well you'd have to support her wouldn't you?
你肯定得支持她吧
You... you can't abandon your own wife.
你總不能拋棄自己的妻子
Uh true but I can't abandon you either.
那倒是,可我也不能放棄你啊
Well if she took the lead
如果她真的領先了
I suppose I'd have to support her too.
我想我也得支持她了
No I would never ask you to do that.
我絕不會要求你做那樣的事
But you don't have to ask. We're on the same team here.
你不必要求我,我們是一邊的
Well to be perfectly blunt...
那我就直接問了
what's in it for me?
我有什么好處
What would it take?
你想要什么好處
You're doing the selling. Make me an offer.
來推銷的是你,你說說吧
Let's say Claire gets it.
假設克萊爾成功了
I assume I stay on if you get the general.
如果你贏了的話,我可以留任吧
Oh absolutely.
那肯定
I cannot imagine the next
我可不敢想像
four years without you being my Secretary of...
接下來的四年里沒有你來當美國的...
State.
國務卿,
You'd give me Cathy's job?
你要把凱茜的工作給我
We're prepared to.
我們是這么打算的
Doug. Madam Secretary.
道格,國務卿女士,
We have an issue sir.
出了個問題,先生
When I first warned the president that ICO would grow
當我最早警告總統哈里發國會不斷壯大
and grow quickly he did nothing.
并迅速擴張時,他什么都沒做
Yesterday the leaders of ICO sent out this tweet.
昨天哈里發國領袖發了這條推特
"As Suwar is ours.
"蘇瓦爾已被我們奪下,
Soon heads will roll into the Euphrates."
幼發拉底河將被鮮血染紅"
That wasn't just in Arabic that was in English
那不是用阿拉伯文寫的,而是英語
and sent out in 16 other languages.
以及其他16種語言
They're media savvy they're recruiting around the globe.
他們善用媒體攻勢,在全球范圍內招募人手
They have the money and the manpower now.
他們現在資金和人手都很充裕
Once they get to the Euphrates
一旦他們進入幼發拉底河流域
they'll have a choke hold on northern Syria.
他們將扼住北敘利亞的命門
We must act Mr. President and we must act now.
我們必須采取行動,總統先生,馬上行動
Normally there's a tradition of sportsmanship
一般來說,黨代會有種
when it comes to conventions.
傳統的競爭精神
One candidate lays low
一名候選人保持低調
so the other gets his or her moment in the spotlight.
讓另一名候選人得到最大關注
But not only is the president
但是總統不僅
ignoring a great threat to the world's security
在無視一個重大的世界安全威脅
he's insulted the one man who stood up and spoke out for us all.
他還侮辱了唯一站出來為我們大聲疾呼的人
When this profile came out
這篇詳細闡述了
about everything the general just mentioned
將軍剛剛所說的內容的專訪發行后
the White House said that he was politicizing terrorism.
白宮竟然指責他利用恐怖主義做政治文章
And when I announced that General Brockhart
而當我宣布布洛哈特將軍
was going to be my running mate
將成為我的競選伙伴后
the president's campaign said and I quote
總統競選團隊竟稱,我原話引用
"It's a shame the general traded in patriotism for careerism."
"為將軍拿愛國換仕途的行徑感到惋惜"
Now I don't call that very sportsmanlike.
這可實在是稱不上競爭精神
I call it disgraceful.
這就是下作
How many wars has the president fought for his country?
總統為這個國家打過幾場仗
I think we all know none.
我們都知道,一次都沒有
And he questions the patriotism of a man who has fought in many?
而他卻質疑這位曾多次為國而戰的人的愛國心
You hear me Mr. President.
你聽好,總統先生
I demand that you do something about ICO.
我要求你對哈里發國采取措施
And I demand that you make an apology to the general.
我要求你對將軍道歉
And we're not leaving Atlanta until you've done both.
你不做到這兩點,我們就不離開亞特蘭大
Live on every network right now.
各大電視臺都在直播
I gotta hand it to him.
他這步棋我服氣
I wonder if this was his idea
不知道是不是他自己的主意
it's almost something like I would do.
因為都有點我的風格了,'cause
We ignore him. It's 95 degrees. Let him sweat it out.
不管他,外面35度呢,讓他熬下去吧
I think the longer we ignore him the more attention they'll get.
我們越是不理他,他得到的關注就會越高
I agree with LeAnn.
我同意莉安
So apologize.
那就道歉吧
It's only pride.
無非是面子而已
I can do it if you want sir.
如果您同意,我可以來道歉,先生
I wrote the statement.
是我寫的聲明
No it only works if it comes from Francis.
不,只有弗蘭西斯親自出面才管用
Claire's right.
克萊爾說得對
And we can do more than just apologize.
除了道歉,我們還可以做更多
I can meet with the bastard.
我可以和這混蛋見面
The issues the governor and the general raise are important ones.
州長和將軍指出的問題都非常重要
They transcend party affiliations and quite frankly politics.
這超越兩黨分歧,甚至超越政治
And so in that spirit I'm inviting the governor
所以有鑒于此,我在此邀請州長
to come here and join me
來到這里和我見面
so that we can have a conversation privately because...
這樣我們可以舉行閉門會談,因為
whoever becomes the president is going to have to deal with ICO
無論最終誰當選,都要對付哈里發國
and all of the other terrorist threats that we face around the globe.
以及我們在世界各地面臨的其他恐怖威脅
So I'm looking forward to hearing
所以我期待聽到
whatever ideas and solutions that they may have...
他們可能有的任何想法和方案
because a smart president will steal good ideas from anyone.
因為聰明的總統會想偷任何人的好主意
Let's kill them with kindness shall we?
我們用仁慈干掉他們吧
Governor. Mr. President.
州長,總統先生,
Would you please put the General on the line?
請讓將軍接一下電話好嗎
Sir?
先生
General...
將軍
your service to this country is greatly valued
你對這個國家的貢獻深受看重
and your patriotism is without doubt.
你的愛國精神也是不可置疑的
And in the heat of the campaign well we went too far.
在激烈的競選之中,我們過火了
We issued statements that we shouldn't have
我們發表了不該發表的聲明
and for that I want to apologize
為此我要向你道歉
and I do hope that you will accept it.
希望你能接受
Far more important to me than an apology
對我而言,除掉哈里發國
is eliminating ICO Mr. President.
遠比道歉重要,總統先生
I couldn't agree with your more General.
我非常贊同,將軍
If you'd be so kind as to put the Governor back on the phone.
麻煩你把電話交回給州長
I received your invitation Mr. President.
我收到你的邀請了,總統先生
And will you join us Governor?
那你會來嗎,州長
Only if it leads to real action not just talk.
得是為了行動,而不是空談才行
I can promise you Governor
我向你保證,州長
and the rest of America that it will not just be talk.
也向整個美國保證,不會是空談
Then yes. If it truly leads to securing our freedom.
那好,如果真有助于保衛自由的話
Thank you very much. I look forward to seeing you.
非常感謝,我期待與你見面
Thank you all very much.
感謝大家
Right this way Governor.
這邊請,州長
Do you think this a good idea?
你覺得這樣好嗎
What choice do I have? He called my bluff.
我還有什么選擇,他接我的招了
Welcome Governor.
歡迎,州長
Thank you Mr. President.
謝謝,總統先生
I have a room set up for us.
我安排了一個房間
Here.
來,
Have some lunch.
吃些午餐
We've got ham and I think some turkey.
我們有火腿,還有些火雞
I'm good but thanks.
不用了,謝謝
Really?
真的嗎
After the stunt you just pulled I would've thought you love ham.
呢
You put this here on purpose.
你特意放在這里的
Well a little reading material you know.
一點讀物
Something to pass the time.
作為消遣
I just got a text from Ben Grant saying
我剛收到本?格蘭特的短信
searches for this issue is
說我們來這里后
going through the roof since we showed up here.
對這一期的搜索量爆表
Ben Grant owns Pollyhop...
本?格蘭特是波利跳的老板
That's right.
沒錯
And you own Ben Grant.
而他又是你的人
Isn't that what power is? The people you collect?
這不就是權力嗎,你能攬到的人
You really screwed me with that webcast.
你那網絡直播真是害慘我了
I had everything all planned out.
我本來把一切都安排好了
The Federal Election Commission the Department of Justice.
聯邦選舉委員會,司法部
I was looking forward to watching you go down in flames...
我就等著看你灰飛煙滅呢
maybe even behind bars.
甚至鋃鐺入獄
Well I'm sorry I ruined your fun.
抱歉讓你掃興了
It's a bit embarrassing though isn't it?
不過挺難堪的,不是嗎
I'm proud of my family. Why would I be embarrassed?
我為我的家庭驕傲,怎么會難堪呢
Well just that you have to stoop so low to win everyone's love.
為了贏得所有人的喜愛,要屈尊至此
It feels a bit desperate doesn't it?
看起來挺絕望的,不是嗎
You're 15 points behind in every poll.
你在所有民調中都落后15個百分點
So if anyone's desperate it should be you.
絕望的人應該是你
Well the key to being President
做總統的關鍵
is not only winning your battles
不只在于贏得勝利
it's winning them with dignity.
而是要贏得有尊嚴
Should we talk about ICO?
我們談不談哈里發國了
Oh God. Why would we want to do that?
老天,我們為什么要談這個呢
It's why we're meeting.
這是我們會面的原因
Oh right.
對了
"Real talk real action."
"真正的談話,真正的行動"
That's what you're all about isn't it?
那就是你關注的,是嗎
Well I suppose we could if you want to but...
如果你想談,我們可以談,不過
then again we could just take a break from it all
我們也可以把這一切暫時放下
and relax a bit.
放松一下
God.
老天
This turkey tastes like rubber.
這火雞一股橡膠味
Well it's better than eating a real one.
要好
Oh I always wear protection
我被民主黨人吹簫時
when I'm getting my dick sucked by the Democrats.
總是要做好保護措施
You okay?
你沒事吧
I'm fine. I'm fine.
沒事,沒事
Don't make me laugh when I'm eating. I nearly choked to death.
我吃東西時別和我開玩笑,我差點噎死
Well that is one way for me to become president.
那倒是讓我當上總統的一個辦法
Here you go. Thank you.
給,謝謝,
You okay? Oh yeah.
你還好吧,嗯,
Do you mind if I take these off?
你介意我脫掉嗎
They're brand new and I'm still breaking 'em in.
是嶄新的鞋,還沒磨合好呢
You like to play video games right?
你喜歡玩電子游戲,對吧
Now how did you hear about that?
你從哪聽說的
Tom Yates.
湯姆?耶茨
Oh yes.
對了
Tom Yates.
湯姆?耶茨
That's one person you weren't able to collect were you?
這個人你沒能攬到,是不是
What did you do to get him back?
你是怎么把他招回來的
Oh look I'm sure he was tempted.
他肯定動過心的
He is a fiction writer after all.
畢竟他是個寫小說的
You're a New York Republican.
而你是個紐約的共和黨人
That's an attractive fiction isn't it?
這種虛構的劇情太誘人了,是不是
And you're a Democrat from South Carolina
你是個來自南卡羅萊納的民主黨
that's even bigger fiction.
這更像虛構的情節
Well there you go.
你說對了
And I'm a New York Republican which is basically a Democrat.
而且我是個紐約的共和黨,基本上就是民主黨
If you were a Democrat you'd be unstoppable.
如果你是民主黨人,那沒有人可以阻擋你
You'd be the new JFK.
你絕對是新一代肯尼迪
And if you were a Republican who'd you be? Nixon?
如果你是共和黨,那你會是誰,尼克松嗎
Nixon was a far more effective president.
尼克松可是個高效得多的總統
The only reason people glorify Kennedy is because he got shot.
人們崇拜肯尼迪只是因為他被爆頭了
Well you've got that going for you too now don't you?
你不是也挨了一槍嗎
And you've got your search engine
而你有你的搜索引擎
and all your little home videos.
和你的家庭視頻
See if people want a piece of you...
如果人們想了解你
you give it to them right?
你就滿足他們,對不對
Oh is that what people want?
這就是人們想要的嗎
A piece of you?
了解你
Do you play video games?
你玩電子游戲嗎
No. My kids do.
不,但我孩子玩
There's this one game that my son Charlie he loves to play.
我兒子查理特別愛玩一個游戲
It's called Agar.Io.
名字叫"細胞吞噬"
I have to admit I might have played it a couple of times myself.
我得承認我自己時不時也玩一玩
You start out as a little dot.
你一開始只是一個小點
And then you go around
然后你四處移動
eating these other dots and you get bigger.
吞噬其他的點,你就會變得更大
And the bigger you get
而你變大之后
you gotta avoid getting eaten by the bigger players.
就得避免被其他玩家更大的點吃掉
Meanwhile you're trying to eat the smaller players.
與此同時你還要繼續吞噬比你小的點
Sounds a little like running for president.
聽著挺像總統競選的
So are you playing with real people right now?
那么現在和你對戰的都是真人嗎
Yeah. From all over the world.
沒錯,來自全世界的玩家
Here you try it.
來,你試試
Oh I got eaten. Press that.
呀,我被吞了,按這個鍵,
Ah oh I see. It makes you small again.
我明白了,我又變小了
Yeah you gotta start over from square one every single time.
對,你每次重玩都得重頭開始
Oh God. I got eaten again.
我的天,我又被吞了
I wonder what the other players would think
如果其他玩家知道對手是什么人
if they knew who they were playing against.
不知道會怎么想
Oh I'm rather enjoying the anonymity.
我倒挺喜歡匿名的
This is unprecedented.
這真是史無前例
The president and Governor Conway
總統和康威州長
are meeting right now at the convention hall.
正在大會會場舉行閉門會談
Two candidates face to face.
兩名候選人面對面
They've been in there for about ten minutes
他們已經進去十分鐘了
supposedly discussing the ICO situation.
據說在討論如何應對哈里發國問題
Now while the private meeting between the two candidates
而兩名總統候選人繼續進行
continues behind closed doors
閉門會談的同時
delegates on the floor
場內代表們正在
are gearing up for the next round of voting for...
準備進行下一輪投票
We should head down. The next ballot is starting soon.
我們得下去了,下一輪投票馬上就要開始了
I'll be down in a minute. In the second round of voting
我馬上就去,在第二輪投票中,
a quarter of the delegates changed their votes
四分之一的代表改變了選擇
support for First Lady Claire Underwood is picking up steam
支持第一夫人安德伍德的聲音越來越強烈
thanks in part to today's breaking story
這要部分歸功于今天的頭條新聞
about Mrs. Underwood's involvement in the Brandenburg negotiations.
稱安德伍德夫人在勃蘭登堡會談中立下大功
A single vote from Senator Scott Sheer
參議員斯考特?希爾投下的一張支持票
expanded to support from the entire Texas delegation.
擴展到整個德州代表團轉而支持第一夫人
You've uh got a call.
你好像,有個電話
Yeah I better take that. They only call if it's important.
我最好接下,肯定是大事,他們才會打給我
Yeah this is Will.
我是威爾
Yes put it through.
好,轉接過來吧
Um excuse me. Sure.
失陪,沒事,
Go ahead.
說吧
Damn! Nothing.
可惡,什么都聽不到
The fog of war.
這是戰爭迷霧
A back room within a back room.
暗箱里的暗箱
Whatever's being plotted in there
不管他在里面搞什么陰謀
I can tell you it's no good for me.
肯定對我不利
You know it's at times like these I wish I was Nixon
每到這種時候我都巴不得是尼克松
had every nook and cranny bugged.
嚴密監聽著每一個角角落落
Mr. President? Your colleague.
總統先生,你那個同事,
How targeted can he get?
他的定向性有多高
We really shouldn't be discussing this over the phone.
我們實在不該在電話里討論這些事
Can he isolate a specific person?
他能單獨針對一個人嗎
Technically yes but
技術上講可以,但是
A conversation?
一段特定的對話呢
There are catch mechanisms in the program to prevent that.
程序中寫入了防竊聽的抓取機制
He can override but it leaves a trail.
他可以進行破解,但會留下痕跡
He's still figuring out how to mask it.
他還在研究如何掩蓋痕跡
Our friend from New York.
我們紐約來的朋友
I want to know what he's saying right now.
我想知道他現在正在說什么
Sir I strongly advise against that.
先生,我表示強烈反對
I also advise that we hang up.
我也建議我們掛電話
All right I'm hanging up.
好吧,我掛了
Governor should we head out?
州長,我們該出去了吧
Just a moment Mr. President.
馬上,總統先生
There's a great deal of anticipation in Atlanta...
目前對于亞特蘭大有很大期待...
Who was that?
誰打來的
The president. He just wanted the latest delegate count.
總統,他想知道最新的代表投票數
...and we're minutes away from the next ballot.
...下一輪投票還有幾分鐘就開始了,
Here's a graphic of the last round yesterday.
這是昨晚投的上一輪票的圖表
Secretary Catherine Durant led the way
國務卿凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
with 22% of delegates.
以22%的代表票數領先
Doug hates it.
道格很不高興
He hates what?
他不高興什么
That you have direct access to the president
你可以直接接觸總統
without going through him.
不用通過他
He wants you gone.
他希望你走人
Doug told you that?
道格這么跟你說的
He wants me to dig something up on you.
他要我找你的把柄
I haven't found anything yet.
我還沒找到
And you won't because there isn't anything.
你不會找到的,因為我沒有把柄
I know. Otherwise I would've found it by now.
我知道,否則我現在已經找到了
Why are you telling me this?
你為什么要跟我說這個
Because either you're gone or I am if I don't deliver.
因為如果不是你走,我做不到,我就得走
Unless you give me something.
除非你給我點什么
...First Lady Claire Underwood
第一夫人克萊爾?安德伍德,
a surprising fifth place show...
驚人地出現在第五位
It can be small. Nothing too damaging.
可以是個小把柄,沒什么大危害的
Just so I have something to show him.
只要讓我有東西給他看
In my 30 years of covering presidential politics
在我報道總統選舉的三十年職業生涯中
I've never seen anything like it.
從未見過這樣的事
Sorry about that.
不好意思
That's all right.
沒關系
Shall we go out? The next ballot is about to start.
我們出去吧,下輪投票馬上要開始了
You want to watch it together?
你想一起看嗎
It might look better the longer we're in here.
我們在這里面越久,可能看起來越好
Like we grappled with the future of America.
就像我們為美國的未來搏斗了一番似的
Unless you'd rather be out there with the masses.
除非你想出去跟群眾在一起
Oh Christ. The masses.
天吶,群眾們
I feel the same way. We will now commence
我也是這么覺得,我們現在開始,
the third ballot
為我們黨
for the nomination of our party's vice presidential candidate.
副總統候選人提名進行第三輪投票
We will start with Alabama.
我們從阿拉巴馬州開始
Madam Secretary
秘書長女士
the great state of Alabama
偉大的阿拉巴馬州
for Vice President of the United States
在美國副總統投票上
casts 29 votes for Secretary Catherine Durant
29票投給國務卿凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
votes for the First Lady Claire Underwood
26票投給第一夫人克萊爾?安德伍德,26
and our three remaining votes for the Mayor of Mobile
剩下的三票投給莫比爾市長
Alabama's own Jane Winthrop.
阿拉巴馬州的簡?溫斯洛普
Roll Tide!
赤色風暴
Alaska you're next.
阿拉斯加州,接下來是你們
Eight votes for Secretary of State Durant
八票投給國務卿杜蘭特
six votes for Senator Joseph Baker
六票投給約瑟夫?貝克參議員
four votes for First Lady Claire Underwood.
四票投給第一夫人克萊爾?安德伍德
California
加利福尼亞州
you have 476 votes.
你們有476票
Two hundred and thirtythree for Catherine Durant
233票投給凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
for Joseph Baker
152票投給約瑟夫?貝克,152
for Claire Underwood.
91票投給克萊爾?安德伍德,91
That's huge for the First Lady.
那對第一夫人是極大的支持
That puts her in third and she's closing in on second.
讓她上升到第三位,并逼近第二位
Delaware.
特拉華州
Twelve for Durant
12票給杜蘭特
for Claire Underwood
11票給克萊爾?安德伍德,11
four for Baker.
4票給貝克
Hawaii you're next.
夏威夷州,接下來是你們
Seventeen for the First Lady
17票投給第一夫人
and 14 for Secretary of State Catherine Durant.
14票投給國務卿凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
She's got a real shot.
她真的有機會
Unbelievable!
難以置信
Well not so unbelievable.
也沒有那么難以置信
Fortyfour votes for Catherine Durant
44票投給凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
votes for Claire Underwood.
35票投給克萊爾?安德伍德,35
Louisiana
路易斯安那州
you have 61 votes.
你們有61票
How do you cast them?
你們怎么投
Madam Secretary...
秘書長女士
Louisiana casts its 61 votes for President of the United States
路易斯安那州把61票投給國務卿凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
to Secretary of State Catherine Durant.
競選美利堅合眾國總統
Louisiana I assume you mean vice president.
路易斯安那州,你想說的是副總統吧
I mean president.
我說的就是總統
Madam Secretary the state of Louisiana
秘書長女士,路易斯安那州
believes this convention should be open
認為這次大會應該向
for all parts of the ticket including president.
所有位置開放,包括總統
Louisiana!
路易斯安那州
Louisiana!
路易斯安那州
As the convention agreed to yesterday morning
正如大會昨天上午達成的共識
we are taking vice presidential nominations first
我們會先選出副總統候選人
in order for that process to take place over the full convention.
以在全面大會上進行那一程序
We have one candidate for president.
我們只有一位總統候選人
Any further discussion on that balloting
任何關于該項投票的討論
will be taken up after the vice presidential nomination process
將放在副總統提名程序
is complete.
完成之后
If you do not cast your votes you will forfeit them.
如果你不把票投出去的話,視為棄權
Madam Secretary we Louisiana
秘書長女士,我們路易斯安那州
cast our 61 votes for vice president
把副總統提名的61票
also for Catherine Durant.
還是投給凱瑟琳?杜蘭特
Louisiana.
路易斯安那州
I work for the man. I'm on his cabinet.
我跟他干過,是他的內閣成員
Would you run against him if his nomination were in play?
如果你獲得提名,你會同他競爭嗎
My goal is to run with the president not against him.
我的目標是和總統一起參選,而非互相競爭
Look I love my home state of Louisiana
聽著,我愛我的家鄉,路易斯安那
but they're a live bunch... She'd do a good job.
但他們很熱情,她會勝任的,
She's a much better Secretary of State though.
不過她做國務卿會更出色
I'm confident this will all work itself out.
我相信事情最終會得到解決的
I've considered keeping her on after you lose.
我考慮過你敗選之后保留她的位置
Have you spoken to President Underwood about their defection?
你有沒有就他們的倒戈與安德伍德總統溝通過
Not yet but I'll be speaking with him shortly I imagine.
還沒有,但我想我們很快就會與他談話的
Hey this is part of what a...
不過大會的意義...
Your call. ...convention is all about.
你那通電話,就在于此,
I wish I could take credit but... but she called me.
我也想能居功,但是她找的我
Then again when opportunity strikes...
不過說回來,當機會到來的時候
Thank you very much.
非常感謝
Definitely not the way to win with dignity.
這絕對不算贏得有尊嚴
Durant commenting on her home state of Louisiana.
杜蘭特就她的家鄉路易斯安那發表評論,
If you win at all.
如果你這能贏的話
We should get back out there.
我們該出去了
You've got a nomination to fight for.
你還得爭取提名呢
The president and I we had a great talk.
總統和我的談話非常順利
We uh even watched the vote together.
我們甚至還一起觀看了投票
But I'm sure you'd rather hear from him on that than me.
但是我想你們肯定更想聽他怎么說
Well thank you Governor.
謝謝,州長
Today has certainly been full of surprises hasn't it?
今天還真是充滿意外,不是嗎
But then again
但是話說回來
Louisiana is the state that gave us Huey Long after all.
畢竟休伊?朗就來自路易斯安那州,該州前州長,政績出色,競選總統時遇刺
As much as I would like to discuss this
雖然我很想討論這個話題
I have to get on with the business
但是我必須著手開始處理
that the governor and I have just discussed
州長和我剛剛探討的那些問題
because the business of the presidency trumps running for it.
因為當總統比競選總統重要得多
Thank you Governor. Thank you Mr. President.
謝謝,州長,謝謝,總統先生,
Thank you all very much.
非常感謝各位
I'm happy to answer...
我很愿意回答
I want Cathy in my room now.
馬上把凱茜叫到我的房間
I already called her. She refuses to meet.
我已經給她打過電話了,她拒絕會面
She what? That's what she said
她什么,她就是這么說的,
and then she hung up.
然后她就把電話掛了
Her staff won't return my calls either.
她的手下也不回我電話
For this to work you have to go back to Washington.
這事想辦成,你必須回華盛頓去
I can't leave while you're dealing with this.
我不能拋下你一個人處理這件事
If you stay it will look like you're taking advantage
如果你留下的話,大家會覺得你在從中漁利
and campaigning for it.
并且真的在參選
And the key is to make it look like you're not.
而這件事的關鍵就在于讓人覺得你沒這意思
I'll speak with Cathy.
我會找凱茜談的
No look I've got that covered.
不用,我已經在處理了
Question is how we justify your going.
問題是我們怎么解釋你的離開
It's not Washington.
不去華盛頓
It should be Texas.
應該去德州
Your mother. It worked before.
你母親,上次就好使,
I'll leave first thing in the morning.
我明天一早就走
Take Tom with you.
帶上湯姆一起
Tom? Oh he already knows.
湯姆,他已經知道了,
Did you tell him? He put it together.
你告訴他了嗎,他自己猜出來了,
He said if you win this thing...
他說,如果你能贏下來的話
you have to give the speech of a lifetime and he's right.
你必須做一次空前絕后的講話,他說得對
Whatever you say in that convention hall
不管你在大會堂里說了什么
will lay the groundwork for how we sell this
都會給我們把你推向全國
to the rest of the country.
打下基礎
And that is why we brought him back right?
而這就是我們叫他回來的原因,對吧
You can sleep like that? Sitting up?
你能坐著就睡著嗎
I can sleep anywhere.
我在哪都能睡著
I'm lucky like that.
真挺有福的
We have work to do.
我們有活兒要干
All right let's work.
好吧,那就干活兒
This could be better.
這段得改
Read it for me. Out loud.
對著我大聲讀出來
I've been my husband's partner in marriage for 29 years.
我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭檔已有29年
No.
不行
Slower.
慢點
Like you're going to say it at the convention.
就像你在大會上發言那樣
I've been my husband's partner in marriage for 29 years.
我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭檔已有29年
Now it's time for me to be..."
現在,到了我
So I can see your face.
這樣我能看到你的臉
I've been my husband's partner in marriage for 29 years.
我在婚姻中做我丈夫的搭檔已有29年
Now it's time for me to be his
現在到了我在接下來的4年中
partner in the White House for the next four.
進入白宮,繼續做他的搭檔的時候了
You're right.
你說得對
We can do better.
是得改