I just love your writing, Tom,
我非常喜歡你的作品,湯姆
ever since Scorpio.
從《天蝎》開始
I think it just gets better and better.
我覺得你寫得越來越好了
Oh, yeah? What else have you read?
是嗎,你還讀過哪本
All of them.
都讀過
I thought the latest was brilliant, God's Cauldron.
我覺得你的新書很精彩,《上帝之釜》
You read that? In one sitting.
你讀過了, 一口氣讀完的
But what we'd really love to read
但是我們最想讀的一本
is your book on the Underwoods.
是你那本關于安德伍德夫婦的書
Well, it's changed. It's fiction now.
那個改了,改成小說了
But based on them.
但原型是他們
People might draw parallels.
人們可能會去對比
Would the Underwoods find it flattering?
安德伍德夫婦會喜歡嗎
I don't think they'd be too happy with it.
我覺得他們不會特別喜歡
How do you think it'll do?
你覺得會暢銷嗎
Who knows? Better than God's Cauldron, I hope.
誰知道, 我希望比《上帝之釜》要好
Sales were disappointing, weren't they?
銷量不高,是嗎
In fact, they've been disappointing
事實上,你過去十年
on everything you've written the past ten years.
寫的每一本書銷量都不高
We can change that with this new book.
我們可以用這本新書來扭轉局面
I'm not a political tool.
我可不是政治工具
We didn't fly you up here because my wife's a fan.
我們不是因為我妻子是你粉絲才把你接來的
I'm sure you had a notion of what we're after.
你肯定知道有我們想要什么
I didn't have any expectations.
我什么想法都沒有
I just came because I was curious.
我來是出于好奇
Well, then let me satisfy your curiosity.
那么讓我來滿足你的好奇心
If your book can hurt the Underwoods,
如果你的書能傷到安德伍德夫婦
we want it to be published before the election,
我們要讓它在競選之前出版
and we want it to be big.
并且要讓它暢銷
Dana Treister, do you know her?
戴娜·崔斯特,你認識吧
The editor of Vanity Fair.
《名利場》的編輯
That's right. She's a close friend.
是的,她是我的密友
And Ben Grant, founder of Pollyhop.
還有本?格蘭特,波利跳的創始人
I saw the webcast.
我看到網絡直播了
They don't manipulate search results,
他們沒有篡改搜索結果
but let's just say a big spread in Vanity Fair...
但是,如果在《名利場》上大做廣告...
Nice juicy excerpt,
精彩的選節
profile on Thomas Yates, his literary comeback.
托馬斯?耶茨的深度報道,他的文學回歸
We're on the cover this month, but... next month it could be you.
我們本月上了封面,但下個月就可以是你
I'm on the Marxist side of Democrat.
我是最民主黨的民主黨
Why would I help a Republican?
我為什么要幫助共和黨
You'd be helping yourself, Tom.
你是幫你自己,湯姆
And if that helps us a little bit along the way,
如果順便幫助了我們
what's the harm in that?
又有何不可呢
Senator Dean Austen of Ohio,
俄亥俄參議員迪恩?奧斯汀
the leadership's top choice for running mate.
領導層競選伙伴的首選
Twelve years in Congress,
供職國會12年
helps us with a major swing state,
能幫我們搞定這個重要搖擺州
middle of the road, very few enemies,
立場中立,極少樹敵
and most importantly to them, longtime friend of the NRA.
他們最看重的,是全國步槍協會的老朋友
Now his shortcomings are he's another middleaged white guy,
缺點是,也是個中年白人
underwhelming, unimaginative
平庸無趣
and a longtime friend of the NRA.
而且是全國步槍協會的老朋友
So you can see how I feel about the leadership's choice.
這就是我對領導層這個選擇的態度
Senator.
參議員
I'm honored, Mr. President.
我很榮幸,總統先生
I just have one major reservation.
我只有一個很大的顧慮
Claire. Yes, sir.
克萊爾, 是的,先生
Well, between you and me,
我只跟你說
I'm not even sure this gun bill is gonna pass.
我都不確定這項槍支法案能否通過
But if I'm being asked to support it,
但如果要求我支持它
you know the sort of hot water
我很難做...
Yes, but I need you on the ticket
是的,但是我需要你作為競選伙伴
to balance our stance on guns.
來平衡我們對待槍支的立場
We have to appeal to the Republicans as well.
我們還要爭取共和黨的支持
And look, I'm not asking you to get behind the bill,
我不要求你支持法案
just not to publicly trash it.
只要不公然反對它就好
I know this is an important issue to you.
我知道這對您很重要
It is important,
確實很重要
but not as much as an experienced
但不如一名經驗豐富
leader who can deliver Ohio.
能拿下俄亥俄的領導人重要
Then consider me on board, sir.
那么我同意了,先生
We're not sure we can get this to the floor before the election.
我們不確定能在競選前進入投票
That's the deal we made.
我們有言在先
You get Austen, we get the gun bill.
奧斯汀的事如你們的愿,法案的事如我們的愿
We need a strong Senate version first,
我們首先需要一份強勢的參議院版本
so we don't have two weak bills going into reconciliation.
這樣才能避免兩部無力的法案相互調和
You want Austen, you will make this bill a reality.
你們想要奧斯汀,就要讓法案通過
Or, we can revisit the choice for running mate.
或者,我們可以重新考慮競選伙伴的人選
No... let us see what we can do.
別,讓我們想想辦法吧
I'll call Mitchell.
我打給米切爾
Gentlemen,
各位
the future vice president.
有請未來的副總統
Congratulations, Dean. Thank you very much.
恭喜,迪恩, 非常感謝
Welcome. Thank you. Mrs. Underwood.
歡迎, 謝謝,安德伍德夫人
Nice to meet you. Very nice to meet you.
認識你很高興, 我也是
So, how's it going in here?
你們這邊怎么樣了
Well, I think we're in alignment. Wouldn't you say?
我們算是達成共識了,是吧
It's been a productive meeting.
這次會面很有成效
So, let's talk about when we should announce.
來談談什么時候宣布吧
I, uh, I need to soften the blow to the NRA
正式宣布之前,我得安撫一下
before we go public.
全國步槍協會那邊
It's imperative we keep a lid on this.
一定要保守秘密
No leaks until we're ready.
決不能提前泄露
Just the four of us in this room.
只有我們四個知情
And Claire, of course.
當然還有克萊爾
Well, I need to go do this quick interview.
我有個簡單采訪要做
Um, let me know how it goes with Mitchell.
米切爾那邊的進展回頭通知我
All right, I'm sure you have some
好了,你肯定有
Oh, leave that open. It gets so stuffy in here.
開著吧,屋里太憋了
Let's discuss the timing.
來討論一下時間吧
Was it you or the First Lady?
是你還是第一夫人的主意
First Lady all the way. She thinks she can win me over?
完全是第一夫人, 她覺得可以把我爭取過去
She knows you'll hit harder than anyone else.
她知道你下手肯定最重
If she's still standing by the end, maybe the bill has sea legs.
如果她能堅持到最后,那法案或許就能成
Kate. Good morning, Mrs. Underwood.
凱特, 早上好,安德伍德夫人
How about we talk in the Roosevelt Room?
我們去羅斯福室談吧
Support in the House is already wavering.
國會的態度已經搖擺不定了
The public's losing interest in guns.
公眾對槍的興趣也在減少
Don't you want to wait until we sit down?
不等坐下再談嗎
Your staff only scheduled an hour. I want to make the most of it.
我只有一小時的時間,得充分利用
Oh, it's being used.
被占了
Let's find somewhere else.
換個地方吧
Kate?
凱特
Well, historically, gun reform comes and goes in waves,
縱觀歷史,槍支改革的呼聲潮起潮落
as you know, so I believe this time, it can be truly different.
你也知道,我認為這次真的會不一樣
All the data's filtered here, within these walls.
數據全部在這里進行過濾
My analysts do a first pass, but ultimately,
分析師先初步過濾,最終
I do the final round myself.
由我做最后的篩選
Our biggest concern is security.
我們最關心的是安全問題
Topgrade firewall, same as you guys use at NSA headquarters.
頂級防火墻,跟國安局總部的一樣
What about internal security?
內部安全呢
I'm the only one with full access.
只有我一個有全部權限
So, if you do find anything,
你要是真發現了什么
how do you communicate that to us in a secure way?
怎么安全地轉達給我們呢
In person.
親自
I'll come to Fort Meade myself, or you come here.
我親自去米德堡,或是你過來
No hardware leaves the premises.
設備不帶出去
Can you walk us through how the filtering algorithms work?
能講講你們的過濾算法嗎
We'll take firearms, for instance.
拿槍支為例吧
If we start with everyone who legally owns a gun,
從每個合法持有槍支的公民開始
track geolocation patterns through their phones,
通過手機追蹤用戶的地理規律
we start to put together a portrait
然后描繪一張
of where gunowners live, eat, shop, everything.
持有者生活,吃飯,購物,等等的地圖
From this, we predict everyone who might want a firearm,
根據這張圖,我們預測未登記
but who isn't registered.
但有意向持槍的公民
They're likely to exhibit the same behavior as people who are.
他們的行為模式很可能與合法持有者類似
You can use that for people who are interested in Arabic,
這可以套用于對阿拉伯語感興趣的人
uh, wanna travel to the Middle East,
想去中東的人
who are disillusioned with the U.S. Government...
或是對美國政府絕望的人
So the same techniques that
跟我們全球監控
we're using for our international surveillance.
用的技術差不多
Yes...
對
but far more advanced.
但先進得多
Okay, turn a little bit towards me, Mrs. Conway.
好了,轉過來一點,康威夫人
Right.
好
You look great, Hannah.
你真美,漢娜
What about the candidate? Don't get me started, Will.
那候選人呢, 別逼我吐槽,威爾
You're really photogenic. I know.
你真上鏡, 我知道
Franny Wallace, senior year.
弗蘭妮?華萊士,大四那年
The allGoldfish diet. Did you have these put here specially?
完全的金魚食譜, 這些是特意擺這兒的嗎
We roll out the platinum carpet, darling.
都是最棒的,親愛的
I wonder what Franny's up to now.
不知道弗蘭妮現在在干什么
Hmm, not the Editor of Vanity Fair, I'll tell you that.
反正不是《名利場》的編輯
Or about to be the First Lady.
或是即將當上第一夫人
Come a long way, haven't we?
我們真是成績斐然啊,不是嗎
Yeah, Will and I, um... Will and I appreciate your doing this.
是啊,威爾和我,很感謝你這么做...
It's not charity.
又不是無償的
This issue will sell like crazy with you two on the front.
這一期有你們倆做封面肯定會賣瘋了
Well, I feel like I should return the favor.
我還是覺得應該報答你
A night in the Lincoln Bedroom?
讓我在林肯臥室睡一晚
A story.
一篇報道
You have a copy for me?
帶副本來了嗎
An excerpt.
這是一份摘要
I need the whole book. That's all you get.
我要整本書, 你只能拿到這個
Conway got the same thing.
康威也拿到了一樣的東西
That was a mistake, Tom. They came to me.
這是個錯誤,湯姆, 他們來找我的
But they don't get to publish... without my approval.
但他們不能發表...除非我允許
So what do you want?
你想要什么
A meeting. For?
一次會面, 為了什么
You're just a messenger, Doug.
你只是個傳話人,道格
You got your message.
你聽到我的話了
One week.
給你一周
Thanks for the coffee.
謝謝你請的咖啡
Mrs. Underwood, welcome.
安德伍德夫人,歡迎
Thank you so much for recording this robocall.
非常感謝您能來錄制這段電話自動語音
It'll go a long way in getting this bill passed.
這對通過這項法案將有莫大的幫助
Well, thank you for all the extraordinary work you're doing.
謝謝你出色的工作
Uh, where would you like me?
我要去哪里呢
Uh, Sally will show you where we set up for the recording.
薩莉會帶您去我們安排好進行錄音的地方
Right this way, Mrs. Underwood.
這邊請,安德伍德夫人
LeAnn...
莉安
What is that?
那是什么
Names, phone numbers, emails.
姓名,電話號碼,郵箱地址
A quarter million fresh targets.
25萬個新目標
A quarter million? Where'd you get this?
25萬,你從哪里拿到的
No return address.
沒寫回信地址
It's 50 times the names that we have.
是我們這里掌握的名字的50倍
Is it legit?
是真的嗎
Looks like it. We made sample calls.
好像是,我們試著打了幾通電話
Hello, this is Claire Underwood.
你好,我是克萊爾?安德伍德
I need to confess something...
我要坦白一件事...
something I'm not proud to confess.
一件我并不引以為豪的事
When I was sitting beside my husband in the hospital...
當我在醫院里坐在我丈夫身旁時
all I thought about was me.
我只考慮到我自己
My fear. My pain if I was to lose him.
我的恐懼,一旦我失去他的痛苦
And it was selfish.
這是自私的
II wasn't thinking about everyone else
我沒有考慮到其他人
who had gone through that fear and pain,
那些曾經歷同樣的恐懼和痛苦的人
who had to sit where I was sitting
那些曾坐在我所坐的位置上
because a loved one was shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun.
他們所愛的人被不該持有槍支的人射傷的人
I'm ashamed because I've never done anything about it.
我感到羞愧,因為我從未對此做過什么
I'm ashamed of how many lives we could've saved.
我為本可拯救的那么多生命而羞愧
How many families we could've kept from suffering.
那么多家庭本可避免這樣的痛苦
We should all be ashamed, every one of us,
我們都應該感到羞愧,我們每一個人
because the blood is on all of our hands,
因為我們所有人都有責任
and doing nothing is the same as pulling a trigger.
而什么都不做就等同于扣動扳機
We need to do something.
我們得做點什么
And that means changing the law.
那就是,修改法律
Senator Austen's office.
奧斯汀參議員辦公室
More than 500 since this afternoon.
從下午開始已經接到五百多個電話了
From our district?
單單我們區嗎
We have it light.
我們都算少的
I'm hearing that other offices have gotten over a thousand.
我聽說其他辦公室接到一千多個電話
Senator Austen's office. I will take a message.
奧斯汀參議員辦公室,我會轉達
Francis.
弗蘭西斯
You really shouldn't.
你真的不該這么做
Oh, one won't kill me.
抽一根不會死的
Did you finish it?
你讀完了嗎
Yeah.
嗯
One part really caught my eye.
有一個地方吸引了我
"A chasm opened up between them, "
一條裂縫在他們之間蔓延開來
a hallway less than ten yards wide.
那是一條不到九米寬的走廊
But it might as well have been a thousand miles.
但它就像有兩千公里那么長
A wellappointed no man's land
這是一片布置精致的無人之地
with a plush carpet and high ceiling between two bedrooms.
絲絨地毯和高懸的天花板隔開了兩間臥房
In it were two centuries of ghosts,
臥房里住著兩個世紀的鬼魂
all the Presidents and First Ladies before them.
之前所有的總統和第一夫人
But also the ghost... of their marriage.
還有他們婚姻的鬼魂
A thirty years' war that left them both dead inside
30年的斗爭,讓他們的心都死了
and this dead space between them."
兩人之間也是一片荒原"
He's perceptive.
真有洞察力
Uncanny.
簡直可怕
Well, it's not who we are. Not anymore.
那已經不是我們了,已經變了
People will want to believe it's true even if it's false.
就算是假的,人民還是愿意相信是真的
What do you think it is he wants to accomplish?
你覺得他想得到什么
He came here one night, after I'd asked you to resign.
我叫你辭職之后有一晚他來過
He said he was obsessed.
他說他很著迷
Or maybe he wants back in.
也許他還想接著寫
You felt something for him.
你對他有感情
Maybe for a moment.
有那么一刻吧
Did you? No, I don't think so.
你呢, 沒有
I felt...
我感覺
I felt like he saw me.
我感覺他看得到我
Me, too.
我也是
Mr. Barnes.
巴恩斯先生
I couldn't stop thinking, since you called...
你打過電話之后,我就一直在想
about Zoe.
佐伊的事
I guess I want answers. ThatThat's what I want, too.
我想要個答復, 我也是
What is it you want to know? Was there... a relationship?
你想知道什么, 他們有過戀情嗎
With Underwood?
她和安德伍德
When she was 17, just before she went off to school...
她17歲時,去上學之前
she found out I was having an affair.
她發現我有外遇
Sales rep, some drug company.
藥物公司的銷售代表
Blonde. You know.
是個金發妞
This isn't, you know, on the record.
這是非正式的談話吧
No... No, not if you don't want it to be.
當然, 你不想公開就不公開
You said she found out.
你說她發現了
She gave me three days to tell her mother, or she would...
她給我三天時間向她媽媽坦白,不然就
I'm sorry, I had a few drinks.
抱歉,喝了點酒
Did you tell her? Yeah, I told her.
你告訴她了嗎, 告訴了
We split up.
我們離婚了
Zoe didn't talk to me much after that.
那之后佐伊就不怎么理我了
I don't know anything about Underwood.
我不清楚安德伍德的事
I'm the last person she would've told.
她肯定不會告訴我
I wish I would've... made more of an effort...
我真希望我當初,能多盡點力
to reach out to her.
跟她溝通
Are you driving, Mr. Barnes?
你在開車嗎,巴恩斯先生
Yeah.
在
I'm almost home. You should pull over.
我快到家了, 你該停車
Did you find out anything?
你查到什么了嗎
Anything you can tell me?
可以告訴我的事
She didn't have a lot of friends at the Herald.
她在《先驅報》沒幾個朋友
Um, from what I can gather,
就我的了解
she didn't have any close friends at all.
她就沒有親密的朋友
I spoke to some people in her neighborhood...
我跟她鄰里的人談過
but nothing so far.
但還沒什么發現
Will you?
你會告訴我嗎
If you... Yeah, of course, of course.
如果查到, 當然
If you think of anything...
如果你想起了什么
Yeah.
當然
Then what were you doing there?
那你當時去那兒干什么
If I do a meeting at the White House,
我去白宮開會
I don't have to explain myself, Julia.
還需要理由嗎,茱莉亞
This bill might pass.
法案可能會通過
I realize that. Are you helping them?
我知道, 你在幫他們嗎
Absolutely not.
當然沒有
Julia. Mrs. Underwood.
茱莉亞, 安德伍德夫人
Sorry, I'd shake your hand, but I just got back from a run.
抱歉,我該跟你握手,但我剛跑步回來
Listen, I wanted to say,
我想說
I know our meeting last time didn't go very well,
我知道上次的會面不太順利
and that's on me. It was rude, what I said,
那是怪我,我的話太無禮了
and I hope you'll accept my apology.
希望你接受我的道歉
Have a seat, please.
請坐吧
You ever been in the residence before?
你以前進過宅邸嗎
The personal touch isn't going to bring me on board.
套近乎我也不會支持你的
Neither will a few thousand calls to Congress.
給國會打幾萬個電話也沒用
84,000 in less than 24 hours.
不到24小時, 8.4萬個
But let's put that aside for a moment
先不談那個
and talk about your good friend. Who?
來說說你的好朋友, 誰
Senator Austen. He told me. Running mate.
奧斯汀參議員, 他說了,競選伙伴
Oh, not just running mate.
不只是競選伙伴
You said I wouldn't have to support this bill.
你說我不必支持這個法案的
Yes, but a lot can change in a day, Dean.
是啊,但是計劃趕不上變化,迪恩
We had no idea there'd be this sort of groundswell.
沒想到會有這么大的呼聲
Julia Melman was all over
就因為跟你共處一室
my ass even for being in the same room as you.
茱莉亞?梅爾曼就對我逼問個不停
Did you tell her?
你告訴她了嗎
I had to. Christ, Dean
沒辦法, 天哪,迪恩
It was that, or make an enemy for life.
不然就要樹個死敵
She's upset, but I think she'll come around,
她很生氣,但應該能想明白
unless you make me endorse
除非你逼我支持
closing the gun show and Internet loopholes.
堵上槍展和網絡賣槍的漏洞
Then she'll go ballistic.
那她可就要爆發了
Dean wouldn't do that. We've poured millions into his campaigns.
迪恩不會的,我們為他競選出資上百萬
And now he doesn't need you anymore.
現在他不需要你了
Are you trying to intimidate me? To get us to back down?
你是要威脅我嗎,逼我們讓步
No, I have an offer.
不,我有個提議
Ohio's a tough state for Democrats.
民主黨想拿下俄亥俄不容易
Julia's been very good to me.
茱莉亞一直對我很好
Loyalty's important, I understand,
我懂,忠誠是很重要
but your loyalty has to be with me now.
但你現在必須忠于我
I just can't do it.
我做不到
All right, then we'll cancel the announcement.
好吧,那就不公布了
I'll find someone else to be my running mate.
我另找個競選伙伴好了
No, I mean, I... I just can't support this bill.
不,我,我沒法支持這項法案
Oh, but you see, the two go hand in hand now.
但是現在,兩件事綁在一起了
So, are you on the ticket or not?
你答應不答應
What if the gun bill passes in the House, but not the Senate?
如果眾議院通過,參議院不通過呢
In return for what?
你要什么回報
You convince the senator to pull out.
你說服參議員退出
Now, the leadership wants him, and we've played nice,
領導層想要他,我們也配合了他們
but the president and I want Cathy Durant.
但我和總統想要的是凱茜?杜蘭特
She's a much stronger candidate.
她參選要更有希望
You're willing to abandon your own bill?
你愿放棄自己的法案嗎
If it's means beating Conway or beating you,
要在擊敗康威和擊敗你之間選
that's not a hard choice.
多容易選啊
I already told Dean that
我已經告訴迪恩
I could live with him being running mate.
他做競選伙伴我可以接受
How do I backtrack?
我怎么能反悔
Just watch the news tomorrow.
明天看新聞吧
You made the right choice.
你做了正確的選擇
I hope so. Well, don't hope so, know so.
但愿吧, 別但愿,就是
And I'll have Seth send you a copy of the speech.
我會讓賽斯給你一份講稿
You can show the senator out now, thank you.
可以送參議員出去了,謝謝
Yes, sir.
是,先生
Oh, I'm sorry. It's okay. Come in.
抱歉, 沒關系,進來吧
What did he say? He'll do it. What did she say?
他怎么說, 愿意配合,她呢
That she'll think about it.
會考慮一下
How do we know she won't tell him our plans?
怎么知道她不會把計劃說出去
I told her if she does,
我說如果她說出去
we'll make sure the bill goes through the Senate.
我們就盡力讓參議院通過法案
Can you hand me a towel, please?
給我遞條毛巾好嗎
Meechum's hand. What?
密查姆的手, 什么
I traced it on a wall downstairs... A while back.
我前一陣在樓下一面墻上畫了個輪廓
They've painted over it. Oh, never mind.
被粉刷蓋上了,算了
Francis, I've been thinking about Yates.
弗蘭西斯,我在想耶茨
The Conways have everything.
康威夫婦什么都有
They have their children, their videos, their Twitter.
有孩子,視頻,推特
There are very few people who understand us.
沒幾個人理解我們
Meechum... was one.
密查姆就是一個
Tom is another.
湯姆也是
Eight...
八
Seven. Nice.
七,很好
Mr. Long Pants.
長褲子先生
Mr. Nice Shoes. Go! Go, go, go.
帥鞋子先生,滾吧,滾吧
Go! Are you hungry?
滾, 你餓嗎
No money. You need to go. You and your money, go.
不要錢,你走,帶著你的錢走
I'm calling the cops. All right, all right.
我要叫警察了, 好了,好了
The cops, right now... All right, all right.
馬上叫警察, 好了,好了
I'm calling the cops. All right, all right.
我要叫警察, 好了,好了
Ma'am...
女士
I'm Officer Tom.
我是湯姆警員
You called for me?
是您打的電話嗎
There was a man here.
剛剛有個人
A very bad man.
很壞的人
Do you live on this block? Thirtythree years.
您住在這街區嗎, 33年了
Three...
三
Did you ever see this bad man on your block?
在這兒見過這個壞人嗎
Did you ever see this bad man on your block?
在這兒見過這個壞人嗎
All right.
好吧
What about this woman? Did you ever see her?
那這個女人呢,見過她嗎
Pretty. Yes, yes, she is.
真美, 是的,是很美
Whore!
婊子
Go away! Why'd you say that?
滾開, 為什么那么說
Go away. Go away. Why'd you say that? Tell me.
滾開,滾開, 為什么那么說,告訴我
Tell Officer Tom. Why did you call her that word?
告訴湯姆警員,為什么那么說她
Go away!
滾開
Built this myself, with my son.
我和兒子親手建的
He's doing El Capitan next spring.
他明年春天爬船長峰
Freeclimb.
徒手攀登
I feel like running for president
我覺得競選總統
is like climbing a cliff without a safety rope.
就像不系安全繩爬懸崖
How is it the press don't know you're here, by the way?
對了,媒體怎么不知道你在這兒
Just like you, General,
像你一樣,將軍
I take Sundays off to spend time with family and friends.
我周末也會休假,陪陪家人朋友
Or to make new friends.
或是交新朋友
Look, Governor, I know you still want me to resign.
州長,我知道你還是希望我辭職
But I was wrong to threaten that.
但我之前不該拿那個做威脅
Dreyer told me ICO took over another oil field this week.
德雷爾告訴我哈里發國這周又占領了一塊油田
They're growing.
他們勢力在壯大
Dreyer shares a lot with you, doesn't he?
德雷爾什么都跟你說啊
This is happening on your watch, General.
這就發生在你眼皮底下,將軍
The president isn't acting and you can't force him to.
總統不作為,你也不能逼他
Not if you stay.
只要你留下就不能
If you resign, though, I promise it'll only be temporary.
不過你要是辭職,我保證你還會有工作的
Once I get political, I can't cross back over the line.
我一扯上政治,就回不了頭了
I don't mean a recommission.
我不是要等上任后重新委任你
I mean making you my running mate.
我要你現在做我的競選搭檔
Thank you.
謝謝
Have you read it? Just an excerpt. It's powerful.
讀了嗎, 只讀了摘要,很有力
And it'll be controversial. Say yes and I'll show you.
會很有爭議,答應我我就給你看
The Telegraph would never let me.
《電訊報》不會允許的
Same parent company, both our titles. Doesn't matter.
母公司都是我們家, 那也不行
Paper is strict when it comes to moonlighting.
報社對打兼職有很明確的態度
It does matter, because my dad is on the board.
沒關系,因為我爸爸是董事
One call to your editor...
給你的編輯打個電話
There... there are plenty of people who would jump at doing this.
會有很多人搶著要這個
Not who know him intimately.
但沒有對他那么"了解"的人
My new election correspondent,
我的新競選記者
he saw you and Yates sneaking off on the campaign trail.
看到你和耶茨在競選途中溜出去了
Yates will open up to you.
耶茨會對你坦言的
I'm sure you know what buttons to push.
你肯定知道該怎么出招
It's a conflict of interest.
有利益沖突
My dad showed me that article you wrote.
我爸爸給我看了你寫的文章
The one that never went to print where you called him a tyrant.
你叫他暴君,沒發表出來的那篇
Some of us have built our careers on our reputations,
有些人的職業是靠聲譽打下來的
not by having their daddies give them a magazine to play with.
而不是靠擺弄爸爸給的雜志
Or by cozying up to old school chums, right?
或是跟老同學套近乎
I've heard it all before.
這些話我都聽過
You may not like me, you may not like the Conways,
你可能不喜歡我,不喜歡康威夫婦
but I have to believe you can stomach us better
但我覺得比起讓安德伍德再干四年
than another four years of President Underwood.
你會更愿意接受我們
Well, the writing is good. I know.
寫得不錯, 我知道
Not good enough to strongarm a president.
但還不足以脅迫總統
Well, good enough to get me in this room.
倒是能讓我進到這屋里來
I thought Francis made it very clear to you,
我以為弗蘭西斯跟你說清楚了
you were not to challenge us.
你不能挑釁我們
Yeah. He said he would tell the world
是啊,他說他會告訴全世界
I didn't write Scorpio.
《天蝎》不是我寫的
I hope you understand
我希望你明白
that we can't allow you to print this before the election.
我們不能讓你在選舉前出版這本書
I do.
我明白
Then why did you want to meet?
那你為什么想見我
I need an ending.
我需要個結尾
I have one I can live with, but not the one I love.
我有個還湊合的結尾,但我不喜歡
Because it's false. Well, it's true that you left.
因為是假的, 你的確走了
If I left, I wouldn't be here.
我要是走了,就不會在這兒了
I don't believe for a second
我根本不相信
you went to visit your mother because she was sick.
你去拜訪你母親是因為她病了
And why is that?
為什么
Because you never mentioned her one time to me.
因為你一次都沒跟我提過她
Saying nothing says a lot sometimes.
有時候只字不提能代表千言萬語
Well, what if the story isn't about how she left,
要是故事重點不是她如何離開
but how she came back.
而是她如何回來呢
Just because you're here doesn't mean you're here.
你在這里,不代表你全身心都在
Well, wouldn't you like to know?
你肯定想知道吧
Don't you want your ending?
你不是想要結尾嗎
Are you gonna tell me about it?
你要跟我說嗎
About the two of you? No lies.
關于你們倆,不許說謊
No, I'm not going to tell you anything.
不,我什么也不說
You can observe, like you did before.
你可以像以前一樣觀察
The difference is everything you see this time will be yours.
不過這次,你所見到的一切都屬于你
And in return, we would like something.
我們想得到點東西作為回報
Speeches. We need someone who knows us...
講稿,我們需要了解我們
and knows our voices.
也了解我們態度的人
A speechwriter? You're kidding.
講稿撰稿人,你開玩笑吧
It's the only way to justify you being with us...
只有這個辦法能解釋你為什么和我們在一起
in case the press ask.
以防媒體問起
You want to keep an eye on me.
你們是想盯著我
Well, I think that's fair. Don't you?
我覺得挺公平的,你不覺得嗎
If you're keeping an eye on us?
如果你要盯著我們的話
So you gave us a week. We'll give you a day.
你給我們一周,我們就給你一天
It was right here, on this very spot,
就是在這里,在這個地方
that I was shot with two bullets
我被一支非法獲得的手槍
from an illegally obtained handgun.
所射出的兩顆子彈擊中
Secret Service Agent Edward Meechum,
特勤局特工艾德華?密查姆
a marine and my friend,
他是位海軍陸戰隊員,也是我的朋友
was slain with the bullets from that very same gun.
因同一支手槍射出的子彈而犧牲
The public support...
最近幾天
for the First Lady's... Universal Background Check Bill
公眾對第一夫人的《背景普查法案》的支持
has been deafening in these last few days.
呼聲震耳欲聾
We have heard from thousands and thousands of voices,
我們聽到了成千上萬人的呼聲
and today, we would like to add one more voice to that chorus.
今天,我們想向其中再增加一個聲音
And it is a powerful voice.
這聲音強而有力
Senator Dean Austen of Ohio.
俄亥俄州迪恩?奧斯汀參議員
Thank you, Mr. President.
謝謝您,總統先生
I've been a member of the NRA since I was a teenager.
我十多歲起就是全國步槍協會的成員
I've always been a fierce advocate for gun rights.
我一直都是持槍權利的強烈支持者
But today I want to offer my strong support
但今天我要強力支持
for the First Lady's bill.
第一夫人的法案
Here you go.
給你
Let me ask you another question. I'm tellin' you, man,
我再問你一個問題, 我告訴你,伙計
if you say she lived on the block, I believe you.
你要是說她住在這個街區,我相信你
But she must not have liked pizza,
但她肯定不喜歡披薩
'cause I don't remember ever seein' her face.
因為我不記得見過她的臉
Not her. President Underwood.
不是她,安德伍德總統
Oh, Christ, I can't get away from this guy.
天啊,這人真是陰魂不散
His wife just called me. Robocall about guns.
他妻子剛剛給我打電話了,關于槍的自動電話
You ever seen him around this neighborhood?
你在這附近見過他嗎
Oh, yeah. All the time.
見過,經常見到
With the Queen of England, Friday nights, after bowling.
周五晚打過保齡球后和英國女王一起
When he was in Congress.
在他還在國會的時候
Nah, never once.
一次都沒見過
I would've remembered. I'm good with faces.
否則我會記得的,我擅長記面孔
Parmesan? Over there.
帕爾瑪干酪, 在那邊
I saw this guy a few times, though.
但我見過幾次這個人
The senator? No, the, uh, the dead guy.
參議員, 不,那個死掉的人
The Secret Service guy.
那個特勤局的
In here?
在這兒嗎
Yeah, a while back. He used to stop in for coffee.
是啊,他之前經常來喝咖啡
Never any pizza, just coffee.
不吃披薩,只喝咖啡
You're positive? Yeah. I told you, I'm good with faces.
你確定嗎, 我說過,我擅長記面孔
"The wheels lifted, and within seconds,
"起落架收起了,幾秒鐘之后
Washington fell away, disappearing under a blanket of haze and smog.
華盛頓就消失在一團煙霧中了
Forehead pressed to the window,
她前額頂著窗戶
she imagined this was exactly
想象一千年前
how it must have looked a thousand years ago,
這里肯定也是這番景象
when the sun rose above the clouds
太陽升過云端
and there was nothing but a swamp beneath.
而下面只有一片沼澤
From this height, with this view,
在這個高度,看到這樣的景象
she could be anywhere.
她可能是在任何地方
But the important thing is she was anywhere but there."
但關鍵是,她不在那里"
You want another? Yeah.
還要一杯嗎, 要
Did he say why?
他說為什么了嗎
Okay, thanks, Dana.
謝了,戴娜
Yates pulled out.
耶茨退出了
Said he came to an agreement with the Underwoods.
說他跟安德伍德夫婦達成了協議
He was playing us off each other.
他拿我們相互做籌碼
We could still leak the excerpt.
我們還是可以放出摘要
It's too risky. If we get away with it, great.
太冒險,不被人查到還好
If we don't,
要是被查到
we look like opportunists fucking over an acclaimed novelist.
我們就成了坑害知名小說家的投機分子
It's not worth it.
不值得
Do you think it's true, that chasm between them?
你覺得他們之間真的有裂痕嗎
Who knows?
誰知道
I love that writing.
我喜歡他的文筆
I wish I could've read the rest of it. I hated Scorpio.
真希望能看到其他部分, 我討厭《天蝎》
It was beautiful. It's garbage.
寫得多美, 就是垃圾
Why? The main character's a pussy.
為什么, 主角是個慫貨
Will, you know I hate that word. He is.
威爾,你知道我討厭那個詞, 他就是
He lets his best friend kill himself. He does nothing?
他最好的朋友自殺,他卻袖手旁觀嗎
He was in pain. He was going to die anyway.
他很痛苦,反正也要死了
It doesn't matter. It's cowardly.
那也不重要,還是懦弱
I think he was brave. And his friend.
我覺得他很勇敢,他朋友也是
And I think Yates was brave to write it.
我覺得耶茨能寫出來也很勇敢
Brave is never giving up. You fight, no matter what.
勇敢是不放棄,無論如何戰斗到底
So, Kate Baldwin was willing if Yates was in?
如果耶茨同意,凱特?鮑德溫也同意
Yeah, Dana was giving her 20,000 words.
是啊,戴娜讓她寫兩萬詞
I think we can pivot.
應該可以再斡旋一下
How?
怎么做
Get her back on the phone.
再給她打個電話
Julia. Olivia, I didn't know you were in town.
茱莉亞, 奧利維亞,都不知道你來了
Oh, just a little visit.
就是來看看
I miss seeing Dean's face sometimes. Don't tell him that.
我有時候還挺想迪恩的,別告訴他
Will you give us a few minutes? No, she should stay.
能讓我們單獨談嗎, 她不用走
Oh, I know you have things to discuss.
我知道你們有事要談
Like your husband withdrawing from the ticket.
比如你丈夫放棄做競選伙伴
That's why she's in town, right? For the announcement.
她是為此而來吧,跟你一起宣布
I know the press conference must've caught you off guard,
我知道那個新聞發布會肯定讓你很意外
but the president didn't want you to know.
但總統不想讓你知道
He thought you'd organize a protest. He was right. I would've.
他覺得你會組織抗議, 他說對了
My plan was to sit down, talk this out before the announcement.
我希望能坐下,宣布之前好好談談
There isn't gonna be an announcement.
沒什么好宣布的了
You... you can't waltz in here
你不能大搖大擺走進來
We've raised $20 million
你丈夫初出茅廬時
for your husband since he was a freshman.
我們就給他捐了兩千萬
That gives me the right to waltz in whenever I want.
我就可以隨時大搖大擺走進來
Show some respect. Honey, please.
放尊重點, 親愛的,行了
No. This is what we wanted.
不,這是我們要的
What we've worked for. When Underwood loses,
我們奮斗的目標, 等安德伍德輸了
you'll spend the next two years fighting off a primary opponent.
你接下來兩年可就有仗要打了
Every one of our 200,000 members in Ohio will turn on you.
我們在俄亥俄的二十萬會員都會反對你
By the time you've lost this office,
等你沒了這個職位
Olivia's law firm will go tits up.
奧利維亞的律所也會黃了
Don't forget, we pushed most of your clients your way.
別忘了,我們給你引了好多客戶
He got cold feet. What can I do?
他臨陣退縮了,我能怎么辦
Convince him to change his mind.
勸他改主意
He wouldn't listen. He says the NRA came down hard on him.
他不聽,他說全國步槍協會對他嚴詞威脅
Because you had him do the press conference.
因為你讓上了新聞發布會
No, that was Austen's idea, not mine.
不,那是奧斯汀的主意,不是我的
I told him to lay low,
我跟他說了要低調
but he said if he was in, he wanted to be all in.
但他說如果他要加入,就要完全投入
The idea was to balance the ticket.
我們的打算是平衡你們兩人的立場
Well, we can't do anything about Austen.
奧斯汀這條路已經不通了
The question now is who do we get to replace him?
問題是我們能找誰來代替他
Go back to the list?
再看看名單
He was fine, but I'm not enthused by anyone else on that list.
他還好,但那張名單上別人我都沒興趣
Let's not go back to square one, Mr. President.
別又回到起點了,總統先生
We have a good list.
我們有個不錯的名單
Everybody can get behind those names.
大家都會支持那些人的
It's common sense.
這是常理
The only problem with common sense is that it's so... common.
常理唯一的問題就是,太普通了
I think we can do better.
我覺得我們有更好的選擇
Who?
誰
Cathy Durant.
凱茜?杜蘭特
Now, Louisiana's not a swing state, I know that.
路易斯安那不是搖擺州,這我清楚
But she is still a national figure,
但她仍然是個全國知名人物
she helps us with the women's vote,
她能幫助我們爭取女性選民的選票
and I trust her.
并且我信任她
What about guns?
槍支呢
I don't think she's ever had a strong position.
她似乎對此立場并不堅決
It's better than that. She's never uttered a word on the issue.
比那更好,她對這個問題從未發表過意見
We checked.
我們查過了
I like it. So do I.
我喜歡, 我也是
But I had another thought. Who?
但我還有個想法, 誰
Not "Who." How.
不是"誰" 是怎樣
I don't think I should choose her.
我覺得不應該由我選她
I think the party should choose her.
我認為應該由黨選她
Not an open convention.
你不是說開放代表大會吧
Look, Bob, let's...
鮑勃,我們
We have to face the fact that
我們必須面對事實
my health is gonna be a major liability for us.
我的健康狀況將會對我們非常不利
No matter who becomes the running mate,
不論誰做競選伙伴
they could well end up being president.
那人最終都可能成為總統
Now, that is a...
那種情況
a scenario that I don't even like to fathom,
我甚至都不愿想
but we can't escape it.
但是我們無法回避
And if it's such an important decision,
如果這個決定如此重要
why not let the party make it?
為什么不讓黨來決定呢
Because it'd be a freeforall.
因為那樣大家都可以參選
No, no. We make it so that Cathy wins.
不不,我們要想辦法讓凱茜獲勝
We'll just make it look like the party chose her.
只是要做得像是黨選擇了她
And think of the coverage. We'll own the news.
想想新聞報道吧,會鋪天蓋地的
You want the convention to be a circus.
你想把黨代會變成馬戲團
Oh, Bob, I'm not sure if you've noticed or not,
鮑勃,我不知道你有沒有注意到
but politics is no longer just theater, it's show business.
但政治已經不只是戲院了,是娛樂業
So let's put on the best show in town.
那我們就演一出最棒的戲吧
Great.
太好了
Will you give me a salute, General?
能向我敬個禮嗎,將軍
Active military aren't allowed to speak to the press.
現役軍人不能接受媒體采訪
He delivered his resignation this morning.
他今天早上辭職了
No shit.
不是吧
We're gonna break it online as soon as the president accepts it.
只等總統同意,我們立刻就在網上發布
Not often a monthly gets raw meat like this, huh?
月刊不常得到這種首發猛料吧
His phone's gonna blow up.
他的電話會被打爆的
But you get the exclusive.
但你會得到獨家采訪
Sorry about Tom. I'm not.
湯姆的事很遺憾, 我不覺得
Thank you, General.
謝謝你,將軍
All right, we're gonna go set up for the...
好了,我們要準備...
Good afternoon, General. Kate Baldwin.
下午好,將軍,我是凱特?鮑德溫
Shall we?
我們開始吧
So, the main issue that Mrs. Underwood
不用說,安德伍德夫人
has been focusing on is guns, obviously.
一直關注的主要問題是槍支
We've got some talking points we've been using,
我們準備了一些最近用的談話要點
so you'll want to... I'm sorry, is there any water?
你想, 抱歉,有水嗎
Yes.
有
I'm a bit hungover.
我有點宿醉
At least I'm not still drunk.
至少現在清醒了
Want some?
要來點嗎
Uh, we're fine.
不用
Right.
好
So...
那么
to the talking points.
談話要點
What is it?
什么事
Excuse me for a moment, gentlemen.
幾位容我失陪一下
What I want to communicate mostly is about the death toll,
我最想說的,是死亡人數
with personal stories, things that connect with
個人經歷,以及那些能打動...
Claire.
克萊爾
Tom. Mr. President.
湯姆, 總統先生
Can we speak?
能談談嗎
I'll, uh... I'll leave you to it.
那么,你們兩個繼續
Does she actually give a shit about guns?
她真的在乎什么槍支問題嗎
What's that got to do with anything?
她在不在乎有什么關系
We knew this was a possibility.
我們知道會有這種可能
He's gonna make a lot of noise. It's Conway, I'm sure of it.
他會鬧出很大動靜,肯定是康威搞的鬼
Problem isn't Conway, it's LeAnn.
問題不在康威,而是莉安
She pressured us to cancel the air strike.
是她強力主張取消空襲的
We chose our path, Doug. Let's not secondguess it.
已經做出的決定,就不要多想了,道格
No offense, Mrs. Underwood, but she's doing damage.
請原諒,安德伍德夫人,但是她有害
I think we should replace her.
我認為應該踢掉她
She's the reason we're gonna pass the gun bill.
我們要通過槍支法案就得靠她
Sir? I just got this from Dana Treister,
先生,《名利場》主編戴娜?崔斯特
the editor of Vanity Fair.
剛給我發來了這個
Not sure what it means...
我不確定是什么意思
He's gonna make that son of a bitch his running mate.
他打算把這老混蛋定為競選伙伴
What's goin' on? I'll see what I can dig up on him.
什么情況, 我去查查這個人
No. He was fully vetted
不,他當初擔任
when he was commissioned for the Joint Chiefs.
參聯會主席時已經徹底審查過了
No, you go with Seth and draft a statement on the resignation.
你和賽斯就他的辭職起草一份聲明
Yes, sir. Let's go. What's going on, Doug?
好,先生,走, 什么情況,道格
And it's LeAnn's fault.
都怨莉安
He never would've resigned if it wasn't for her.
要不是她,他根本不會辭職
See what you can find.
你去查查
On the general? The president said we shouldn't.
將軍嗎,總統說不用查了
On LeAnn.
去查莉安
Hey, I don't wanna get involved in some cage match
我可不想攙和辦公室政治
I thought we had an understanding. Your obedience.
我們不是說過了,你得服從我
I'll see what I can do.
我盡量去查
Do you agree with Doug? You're having reservations about LeAnn?
你同意道格嗎,你對莉安有疑慮嗎
Less about her and more about Tom.
對湯姆的疑慮比她要大
But I told you I trust you on this, so I'm trusting you.
不過我說了相信你的判斷,我就會相信你
Has the leadership agreed yet? They're skeptical.
領導層同意了嗎, 他們有疑慮
We can use this.
我們可以利用這個
Well, gentlemen, if there was
先生們,如果你們對
any doubt about an open convention, let it go,
黨代會還有什么疑慮的話,放下吧
because we're gonna wanna bury this news.
因為我們必須把這則新聞蓋下去
Brockhart has just resigned.
布洛哈特剛剛辭職了
And the general is about to appear on the cover of Vanity Fair.
將軍馬上就要登上《名利場》的封面了
Imagine what Conway can do with that.
想想康威會怎樣大加利用吧
Conway! Conway! Conway!
康威,康威,康威
Thank you for coming.
多謝你的到來
Thank you for coming. Thank you! Thank you!
感謝前來支持,感謝你的支持,謝謝
Thank you for coming out.
多謝你來支持我
Dana just sent me this. So great to see you.
戴娜給我發了這個, 很高興見到你
The story broke.
消息發布了
Hello. Isn't my wife perfect?
你好, 我妻子多完美啊
Thank you.
謝謝
Let her know how perfect you think she is!
讓她聽聽你們多喜歡她
Stop it.
別鬧
You're too much!
你真討厭
Thank you! Thank you! Conway! Conway! Conway!
謝謝,謝謝, 康威,康威,康威
Yeah, I know, Fausto.
我知道,福斯托
I get exhausted just thinking about it, too.
我也是光想想都覺著累
All right.
好了
A journey of a thousand miles.
萬里長征第一步,