What do you mean you can't take the case?
什么叫你不能接這個案子
Jessica won't lay out the money for the manhours.
杰西卡不會為工時花錢
One of the victims was my uncle Keith.
我叔叔基思也是受害者之一
Please. These people need your help.
求你了,這些人需要你的幫助
I didn't come forward. They found me.
我沒有主動站出來,是他們找到我的
And I'm not pulling any associate shit.
而且新人的事也不是我搞的
Then what do you call
那你怎么解釋這份
this pathetic excuse of a candidates list?
候選人名單
I call it inevitable, because our students can read.
我覺得這是自然而然的,因為我們的學生識字
Our future is slipping away, and offering Jack
我們的未來要溜走了,而給杰克命名合伙人地位
name partner or praying to god that Harvey
或是跟上帝祈禱哈維
just gets Mike off the hook
能把邁克的案子擺平
Isn't gonna stop it from happening.
都沒法阻止這事發生
And you make sure sheila doesn't show up to that trial.
你現在就滾去哈佛,確保希拉不會出現在庭審上
It's a ticket to Argentina.
這是去阿根廷的機票
I need you to go there until the trial's over.
我需要你去那兒待到審判結束
Court's not about bullshit like this; it's about facts.
法庭不聽這些廢話,那里講事實
And the fact is, you're not a goddamn lawyer.
事實是,你不是律師
Are you saying what I think you're saying?
你是在說我覺得你在說的話嗎
Because if you're thinking it, you're a fool.
你要那么想,那你就是蠢貨
You heard her.
你聽到了
She said "the fact is, is that I'm not a goddamn lawyer".
她說"事實就是我不是律師"
Well, the only way to change that fact
那唯一改變那個事實的辦法就是
is for a jury to see me be a goddamn lawyer.
讓陪審團看到我是個律師
You try that, all they're gonna see
你要那么做,他們看到的就只是
is someone going to prison.
該進監獄的某人
It's my call, and I'm making it.
這是我的決定,我要做
We have a problem. They found Trevor.
我們有麻煩了,他們找到了特雷弗
Please raise your right hand.
請舉起你的右手
Do you swear to tell the truth,
你愿意發誓
the whole truth,
所言句句屬實
and nothing but the truth,
毫不欺瞞
so help you God?
上帝為證嗎
I do.
我愿意
You may be seated.
你可以坐下了
Mr. Evans, how long have you known Mr. Ross?
埃文斯先生,你認識羅斯先生多久了
Since we were kids. Almost 20 years.
我們從小就認識,快二十年了
So you were close to him?
那你們很親近吧
Yeah, he was my best friend.
對,他曾是我最好的朋友
Are you still close to him?
你現在還跟他很親近嗎
Well, I doubt we will be after this.
我想在這之后就不會了
After what?
在什么之后
After you ask me about the series of events
在你問我一系列
that have led us all to be here today.
我們今天為之而來的問題之后
Well, we'll get to your history in a minute,
我們等一下再聊你們之間的歷史
But first, I want to ask you a question about current events.
但首先,我想問你一個關于近期事件的問題
Did Mike Ross approach you three days ago
邁克·羅斯有沒有在三天前找到你
in an attempt to get you not to testify against him?
企圖讓你不要上庭指證他
Yes, he did.
是的,他來找過我
How exactly did that conversation go?
那次對話具體是如何進行的
What are you doing here? You know exactly what I'm doing here.
你在這里干嘛,你知道我在這里干嘛
You said you would not testify.
你說過你不會出庭作證的
Yeah, well, that was before Anita Gibbs dragged me in
對,但那是在安妮塔·吉布斯把我抓走
and told me she was gonna put me away for ten years.
告訴我她要把我關十年之前
I don't give a shit what she told you.
我不在乎她跟你說了什么
You said you were gonna call a lawyer.
你說過你會叫律師的
Yeah, well, before I had a chance to do that,
對,但我還沒機會叫
they showed me what they had,
他們給我看了他們手上的東西
which is names, dates, witnesses, and everything else
那是名字,日期,證人,以及所有
they need to put me away for as long as they want.
他們需要能把我愛關多久就關多久的東西
Wait, wait, how would they have
等等,等等,他們怎么會有
You think I want to do this?
你以為我愿意這么做嗎
I don't.
我不想的
But I cannot risk prison for you.
但是我不能為了你冒坐牢的風險
And I am telling you that whatever they have,
我向你保證,無論他們掌握了什么
Harvey can get you out of this.
哈維都可以為你脫罪的
And from what she told me,
吉布斯也跟我說了
Gibbs can get you out of this.
她可以讓你脫罪
She offered you a deal that can make this whole thing stop.
她愿意跟你交易,可以讓這一切結束
Now, instead of telling me not to testify against you,
現在,與其讓我不要出庭指證你
why don't you think about testifying against Harvey?
你為什么不考慮一下指證哈維呢
Because unlike you, I would never do that to a friend!
因為我不像你,我絕不會背叛朋友
Yeah, well, unlike you, when they put me away,
對,但我跟你不一樣的是
I'm not going to a whitecollar prison.
他們可不會把我關進白領監獄
So if I don't rip you to shreds up there on the stand,
所以如果我不出庭作證毀了你
they're gonna rip me to shreds behind bars.
他們就會在監獄里毀了我
Harvey, it's late. I've had a long day.
哈維,很晚了,我今天很累
So if you don't mind...
所以如果你不介意的話
We have a problem.
我們有麻煩了
What now? My condo's on fire?
又怎么了,我家著火了嗎
Mike wants to represent himself.
邁克想為自己辯護
Is he crazy? He can't do that.
他瘋了嗎,他不能那樣做
That's what I tried to tell him.
我也嘗試過告訴他這個
You don't try; you just tell him.
你不該嘗試,你應該直接命令他
Yeah, the only problem with that is,
對,但唯一的問題在于
he knows it's his decision.
他知道這是他自己要做的決定
not to mention, the only thing that's stopping him
更別提他沒有去找吉布斯
from going to Gibbs and pointing his finger
指證你或者我的唯一原因
at you or me is his loyalty to us.
就是他對我們的忠誠
So that's it?
那就這么算了嗎
He's representing himself?
就讓他為自己辯護
I'm not saying that.
我沒有這么說
Then what exactly are you saying?
那你到底想說什么
I'm saying I have a plan,
我是說我有個計劃
but I need you to sign off on it.
但我需要你的同意
Oh, whatever it is, I'm in.
不管是什么計劃,我都同意
Because if that kid handles his own defense,
因為如果那孩子為自己辯護
you and I are going to be the next ones on trial.
那接下來就是你和我上庭受審了
If you're here to find out if Trevor's testifying, he is.
如果你來是想知道特雷弗會不會作證,他會
I can handle Trevor.
我可以搞定特雷弗
Harvey, we've been over this.
哈維,我們談過這個了
And I said we're not done being over it.
我也說過我不會善罷甘休的
Listen to me, I know that foolforaclient bullshit.
我知道老話說為自己辯護的律師都是傻瓜
But the thing I'm being accused of is not being a lawyer.
但現在他們指控說我不是個律師
So if I represent myself, every second I'm up there,
所以如果我為自己辯護,那我在庭上的
they're gonna see me as a lawyer.
每一秒,他們都會看到我是個律師
And if she rattles you for one of those goddamn seconds,
但如果她在其中任何一刻打亂你的陣腳
they're gonna see you as a fraud, and they're never
他們就會認為你是個騙子
gonna see you as anything else.
并且再也不會看到你的其他方面
Okay.
好了
I got it. You said your piece.
我知道了,你表達了你的意見
It's my call. I'm done talking about it.
這是我的決定,我不想再討論了
Then we'll do a trial run to get you ready.
那我們就進行一次模擬庭審來幫你做準備
Are you crazy?
你瘋了嗎
You want to waste my time, not to mention
你想浪費我的時間,更別說
air our dirty laundry, in front of the whole firm?
把我們的丑事,向整個公司直播
Mike, in a week and a half, our dirty laundry is gonna be
邁克,十天之內,我們的丑事
aired in front of the whole world.
將向全世界直播
And Gibbs is gonna come at you in ways
而且吉布斯會用
you've never even thought about.
你意想不到的方式來對付你
Oh, so I get it. You don't want a trial run to get me ready;
我明白了,你不是用模擬庭審來幫我準備
you want a trial run to show me that I'm outmatched.
你想用模擬庭審來證明我不是她的對手
You are outmatched by me and Gibbs,
你不是我和吉布斯的對手
And you're afraid to find out.
而你害怕承認這個事實
I'm not afraid of Gibbs, and I am not afraid of you.
我不怕吉布斯,我也不怕你
Then you won't mind agreeing, if I beat you,
那你就不會介意,如果我贏了你
you let me represent you in court.
你就讓我上庭為你辯護
Okay, Harvey, you want to go?
好,哈維,你想來一場
Let's go.
那我們就來一場
But you better bring your A game.
不過你最好使出渾身解數
Because you might be the best closer in the city,
因為可能你的確是城里最好的律師
But I'm the one fighting for my life.
但我是背水一戰
Thank you.
謝謝
There he is.
找到你了
Harold.
哈羅德
What are you doing here?
你在這里做什么
I know what's going on, okay?
我知道發生了什么事,好嗎
I know about the trial coming up.
我知道你要面臨的庭審
Then you know I'm pretty busy right now.
那你肯定知道我現在很忙
Right, which is why I wanted to talk to you.
對,這也是我找你的原因
Listen, you're gonna need someone to testify
聽著,你會需要有人為你作證
that you went to Harvard.
證明你念過哈佛
I want to be that guy.
我想為你作證
Harold, that's an amazing offer, bu
t哈羅德,你的提議很棒,但是
Mike, come on, man.
邁克,拜托,伙計
We both know that you didn't go to Harvard.
我們都知道你沒有念過哈佛
But honestly, if anyone would have asked me up until this point,
但說實話,如果任何人問過我
I would have sworn that you did.
我都會發誓說你念過
I would have sworn that I saw you
我會發誓我看到你出現在
at thatthat party with Gilcrest
在吉爾克斯的派對上
or those pizza nights at Pinocchio's
或在匹諾曹餐廳吃披薩
or pretty much any other memory I have of that time,
或者在任何一段我當時的記憶里
which means, if they put me up there on that stand,
也就是說,如果他們讓我出庭作證
I'd basically be telling the truth.
我基本上是在說實話
I can't tell you how much that means to me, Harold, but...
我無法形容這對我多重要,哈羅德,但
Mike, I want to do this for you, please.
邁克,我想為你這么做,拜托了
I know you do.
我知道你想
But I got myself into this mess,
但是我把自己弄到這步田地
and I got to get myself out of it.
我得靠自己爬起來
Okay.
好吧
But listen, if you change your mind,
但是,如果你改變主意
you know where to find me.
你知道應該去哪找我
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
陪審團的女士們先生們
you're gonna be hearing a lot of things
你們將在接下來幾天
over the next several days,
聽到很多東西
but the truth is, this case is about
但事實上,這個案子
nothing more than cold, hard
講的只有確鑿的,無法動搖的
Innuendo.
捕風捉影
And the fact is, I'm capable of reciting every element
而事實是,我可以背誦
of jurisprudence in the State of New York.
紐約州所有的法理學要素
and yet despite that, the prosecution is gonna
盡管如此,控方將會
try to convince you that I am a
企圖讓你們相信我是個
fraud, who not only didn't pass the bar or go
騙子,一個沒有通過律師考試,也沒讀過
to law school, he didn't even graduate college.
法學院的人,他連大學都沒畢業
There isn't one piece of hard evidence
沒有任何確鑿的證據
proving that I didn't go to Harvard Law.
能證明我沒有讀過哈佛法學院
There's no record of tuition being paid.
沒有交學費的記錄
No record of a Boston address.
沒有波士頓地址的記錄
There isn't even a simple picture in the yearbook.
年冊里甚至沒有一張你的照片
Let's talk about the yearbook.
那我們就來聊聊年冊
As he told you, I'm not in the yearbook.
就像他說的,我沒有出現在年冊中
Where is Mike Ross?
邁克·羅斯在哪里
Though what he didn't tell you is that
但他沒有告訴你們的是
25 other students are also not in this yearbook.
還有25個人也沒有出現在年冊中
Are those other students being charged with fraud?
那些人有以詐騙罪名被起訴嗎
Of course not, because we don't put people on trial
當然沒有,因為我們不會因為
for being sick on picture day, and no matter
照相日請病假而被起訴,不論
what he says, the fact is, Mike Ross is not a lawyer.
他怎么說,事實是,邁克·羅斯不是律師
He's a fraud.
他是個詐騙犯
And we will prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt.
我們會用很多的疑點來證明這件事
The defense would like to call its first witness.
辯方想傳喚第一位證人
Right there he's such a nonlawyer,
你們看,他多不像個律師
he doesn't even know the prosecution goes first.
他甚至不知道應該是檢方先傳喚證人
And you obviously don't know
那你顯然也不知道
Jarvis V. the State of New York, 1937,
1937年紐約州的賈維斯·V案
when calling of the first witness
傳喚第一位證人,一旦開始
is of such special nature as to disrupt
就會在本質上影響到
the flow of the trial once it's started.
庭審的連貫性
What the hell special nature are you talking about?
你說的什么本質上
When the defense wants to call the prosecutor
當辯方的第一位證人
as its first witness.
就是該案的檢察官時
Harvey, unless you have something to overturn this,
哈維,除非你有其他理由推翻這個請求
I'm gonna need you to have a seat.
不然請就坐吧
Mr. Specter, you said there's no record of me
斯佩克特先生,你說我沒有
ever having an apartment in Boston.
在波士頓擁有公寓的證明
Can you explain to the jury why there's no record
那你能解釋一下為什么
of you ever having lived there?
你沒有住在那里的證明嗎
I'm not the one on trial here.
又不是我受審
No, you're not.
確實不是你
You're the one in that chair,
但你坐在證人席上
so why don't you answer the question,
還是要請你回答我的問題
or we can stop this whole thing right now.
或者我們就此停止吧
There's no record of me living there
我沒有住在那里的證明是因為
because I sublet up there when I had my place down here.
我在這里有住所所以在那里是轉租的
So it is possible
所以某個人
that a person not have a Boston address
沒有波士頓的住址
without it meaning that they didn't attend Harvard.
也不一定意味著他沒有在哈佛學習
Great. Thank you so much.
非常好,謝謝你
This witness is excused.
我問完了
And what, exactly, is your reason
那你在那里沒有住址
for not having an address up there?
又是什么原因呢
Unless you're too afraid to answer my questions.
除非你不敢回答我的問題
No, I'm not afraid of you at all.
不,我一點也不害怕
My reason is that I chose to live with my friend
我的原因是我選擇和我的朋友
Trevor during that time.
特雷弗住在一起
The only problem with that is,
這個說法的唯一問題是
your friend Trevor has lived in Brooklyn his entire life.
你的朋友特雷弗這輩子都住在布魯克林區
Exactly a 3 hour and 20 minute drive from Harvard.
開車三個小時二十分就可以到哈佛
So you're saying you made that drive every day?
所以你每天都那樣開車往返嗎
No, I only went up for tests
不,我只去參加考試
because that's all I had to do.
因為那樣就夠了
I guess you needed some extra tutoring, huh?
看來你還需要一些額外的教導吧
You expect these people to believe that you graduated
你期望這些人相信你可以
from the most competitive law school in the world
一次課都不上還能從全球競爭
without ever going to class?
最激烈的法學院畢業
See, that's funny, because you actually
你看這多可笑,因為你竟然
expect these people to believe
期待這些人相信
that I never went to law school at all
我從來沒有讀過法學院
and yet still somehow managed to convince
但竟然能用某種方法
the smartest lawyers in the world
說服全世界最頂尖的一些律師
to make me their youngest partner ever.
讓我當上了他們最年輕的合伙人
Whose story is looking more farfetched now?
現在誰的說法看起來更不可信呢
Oh, no answer? Great.
不回答,很好
No more questions, Your Honor.
我沒有問題了,法官大人
I don't know if you've noticed this or not,
我不知道你有沒有注意到
but he's kicking your ass.
但他把你打得屁滾尿流
And I'm about to kick back.
那我就準備回擊了
Are you two discussing something
你們兩個在商量什么
that defense should be made aware of?
辯方需要知曉的內容嗎
Just talking about the Knicks.
就是討論一下體育問題
Now is the prosecution ready to call their first witness?
檢方準備好傳喚第一位證人了嗎
The prosecution's first witness is this affidavit
檢方的第一位證人是這份
from every single member of the defendant's
來自辯方理論上應在班級每位成員的
supposed graduating class.
一份誓詞
Objection, your honor. I haven't seen that.
反對,法官大人,我沒有看過這份材料
Well, then let me read it to you.
那我念給你聽
"We collectively come forward to swear
我們一起站出來承諾
the following regarding Michael James Ross:
以下關于邁克爾·詹姆斯·羅斯的信息
We never saw him. We never knew him.
我們從沒見過他,也不認識他
We never heard of him.
從沒聽說過他
And it makes us sick that he's taking the good name
對于他置哈佛法學院的名聲于不顧的行為
of Harvard Law School and throwing it down the toilet.
我們也感到異常反感
Please find him guilty on all counts."
請對所有指控判定有罪
Your honor, I move to strike that document right now.
法官大人,我請求對這份文件立即予以廢止
On what grounds?
你的理由是什么
On the grounds that it's completely fabricated.
理由是這是一份偽造的文件
Where's your proof?
你的證據呢
Besides the fact that I actually went to Harvard,
我們先不談我確實在哈佛就讀過這個事實
there's no way you could have contacted
你根本不可能從昨晚到現在
all of those people since last night.
聯系到全部的人
Then I suggest you call every one of these people
那我建議你聯系他們所有人
and put them on the stand.
讓他們來出庭作證
But when you do, every single one of them is gonna
但當你那么做的時候,他們每個人
look you in the eye and say, "Who the hell are you?"
都會看著你的眼睛說,你到底是誰
What? No snappy comeback?
怎么了,怎么不出聲了
You can try to trick these people all you want.
你可以盡你所能愚弄這些人
But the fact is, you didn't go to Harvard,
但事實就是你沒有讀過哈佛
and this proves it.
這也證明了這件事
Objection. He's testifying.
反對,他在作證
What I'm doing is winning.
我只是在贏而已
All right, that's enough.
好了,夠了
I think this is a good time to take a break.
我認為我們該休息一下了
Louis Litt.
路易·利特
I'm Anita Gibbs.
我是安妮塔·吉布斯
Yeah, I know who you are.
我知道你是誰
Question is, what are you doing here?
問題是你在這里干什么
And the answer is, I don't give a shit.
答案是,你說什么我也不在乎
I came here to compliment you
我是來夸獎你
on getting rid of Sheila Sazs.
擺脫希拉·賽斯的方式的
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
Really? You think I don't know what's going on here?
真的嗎,你以為我不知道發生了什么嗎
You two were in a relationship, and when you found out
你們兩個曾經交往過,但當你發現
that it was her that wrote that email,
是她寫的那封郵件時
you went up to Cambridge and convinced her to go to
你去了劍橋說服她
Argentina for the duration of the trial.
在庭審期間去了阿根廷
You're out of your mind.
你簡直是瘋了
Am I?
是嗎
You flew to Boston three times in the last two weeks.
你過去兩周飛去波士頓三次
You took two cabs to her house
你搭車去過兩次她家
and another to within 100 feet of the admissions office.
還有一次離招生辦公室100英尺都不到
You have no proof of anything.
你沒有任何證據
I don't need proof.
我不需要證據
Because while she may be in Argentina now,
因為盡管她現在在阿根廷
she's not gonna stay there forever,
但她不會永遠呆在那里
which means when she gets back,
也就是說等她回來的時候
I get you for witness tampering.
我就能證明你在騷擾證人
Do me a favor and leave me the hell alone.
拜托你離我遠點
I will.
我會的
For now.
暫時而已
But if she's not back by the start of trial,
如果她在庭審前沒有回來
I'm gonna assume that you want to be brought up on charges.
我會認為你想被起訴
You son of a bitch. This isn't real.
你這個混蛋,這不是真的
I don't give a shit whether it's real or not.
我不在乎那是不是真的
You think Gibbs isn't gonna do things like that?
你認為吉布斯不會那么做嗎
She is not gonna enter false evidence, and you know it.
但她不會作偽證的你也知道
But she is gonna set up traps for you
但她會為你設下陷阱
to bungle into like I just did.
就像我剛才那樣
This is such bullshit.
那是胡說八道
You are just pissed because I was kicking your ass
你生氣是因為你輸得很慘
so now you're cheating.
然后你就想作弊
Me?
我
You're the one who testified in your
是你抓住一切機會
opening statement and every chance you get.
進行公開陳述
Because that's exactly what me being my own lawyer gives us.
因為那是為自己辯護所必須的結果
I don't care.
我不在乎
If I represent you and it turns out that you need to testify,
假如我代理你,結果你得作證
we can call you up to the stand.
我們就可以傳喚你上證人席
And if we do that,
假如我們那樣做了
then Gibbs gets to crossexamine me
那吉布斯就可以盤問我
and make me look like a liar.
并且讓我看起來像個騙子
Well, I don't know if you've noticed,
我不知道你注意到沒有
but you're looking like a liar right now.
但你如今看起來就像個騙子了
And I'm trying to keep you from looking like a fool.
而我在試圖讓你看起來不像個傻瓜
You know what? I'm getting pretty tired of you using that word with me.
知道嗎,我有點煩你不斷喊我傻瓜了
Too bad, because for all your bullshit up there,
太糟糕了,因為盡管你說了那一大通話
you still can't produce one person who remembers you from Harvard.
你仍然無法提供一個記得你上過哈佛的人
So if you want to have a chance at representing yourself,
所以假如你想有機會代理你自己
get out of my face and go work on your defense
那就快從我面前滾開,去想你的辯護詞
'cause I got a lot more where that came from.
因為我的后招還有很多
What can I do for you, Louis?
有什么我能為你效勞,路易
Gibbs knows what I did. What?
吉布斯知道我的所作所為了,什么
She knows I got Sheila out of the country.
她知道我讓希拉出了國
She was waiting for me this morning,
她今早在那等著我
and she threatened to bring charges against me.
并且威脅要起訴我
Did you admit that to her? No.
你承認了嗎,沒有
Then she's not gonna charge you with anything.
那她就無法起訴你任何事
Did you hear what I just said?
你聽見我剛剛說的了嗎
She knows I went to Sheila's place
她知道了我在希拉去阿根廷的那晚
the same night she went to Argentina.
去了她家
And what does that prove?
那又能證明什么
It proves that I knowingly
這證明了我有意
bought a witness a ticket out of the country
在一場調查正在進行中時
in the middle of an ongoing investigation.
給一名證人買了張出國機票
All it proves is, you rewarded a Harvard employee
那一切只能證明,你獎勵了一位
who's been steering lawyers towards this firm
在過去十年中一直向這家律所輸送律師的
for the last ten years.
哈佛職員
Okay, Jessica, Gibbs can easily go down to Argentina
杰西卡,吉布斯可以輕易到阿根廷去
and ask Sheila
然后問希拉
Louis, listen to yourself.
路易,聽聽你自己說的話
She's not going to do that.
她不會那樣做的
And even if she did,
而且就算她那樣做了
it's not witness tampering
在證人沒有被傳喚的情況下
if a subpoena was never issued.
那也不算干擾證人
Then Gibbs is gonna say that I had knowledge
那吉布斯就會說我知道
of an impending subpoena; therefore it is tampering.
有張即將到來的傳票,因此就是干擾
You know what, Louis?
你知道嗎,路易
I don't give a shit what Gibbs says.
我一點都不在乎吉布斯怎么說
Where are you going?
你要去哪里
Give that woman a taste of her own goddamn medicine.
讓那個女人自食她所造的苦果
Where the hell are you going?
你要去哪里
We've got Mike on the ropes;
我們套住邁克了
we have to put him away.
我們得讓他別插手這事
Sorry, Harvey.
抱歉,哈維
Something more pressing just came up.
剛剛出現了件更緊急的事
What the hell could be more pressing than this?
還能有什么比這更緊急
You worry about your shit, and I'll worry about mine.
你操心你自己的事,讓我自己操心我的
Oh, I've got my shit taken care of.
我已經把我的事搞定了
Well, maybe you do, and maybe you don't.
也許你搞定了,也許你沒搞定
But what I've learned from recent history is,
反正我近來學到的是
if you really were Anita Gibbs,
假如你真的是安妮塔·吉布斯
no matter what you had planned,
不管你計劃了什么
you'd be planning something else.
你其實都是另有打算
Donna, please, not right now.
唐娜,拜托,現在不是時候
I'm so busy.
我忙死了
That's fine.
沒關系
I just came by to let you know that
我只是過來告訴你一聲
Jessica had to go out,
杰西卡得出趟門
so the trial is done for the rest of the day.
所以今天不繼續舉行模擬庭審了
And Harvey wasn't gonna tell me
而哈維不打算告訴我
because he's playing dirty.
因為他在玩陰的
He's not your enemy, Mike.
他不是你的敵人,邁克
He's just doing what he thinks is best.
他只是在做他認為最好的
Then I'm gonna do what I think is best.
那我要做我認為最好的
And what exactly is that?
具體是做什么到底
Look, Donna, he may not be my enemy,
聽著,唐娜,他或許不是我的敵人
and you may not be my enemy,
你或許也不是我的敵人
but as long as we're in this trial run,
但只要我們在模擬庭審中
I'm not trusting you with anything.
我是絕對不會信任你的
That's my boy.
好孩子
Jessica Pearson,
杰西卡·皮爾遜
I wasn't aware we had an appointment today.
我不知道我們今天約了見面
We don't.
我們沒約
I just stopped by to give you this restraining order,
我只是過來給你這個限制令
preventing you from contacting Louis Litt
阻止你在路易·利特的律師不在場的情況下
without his attorney present.
接觸他
And let me guess his attorney is you.
讓我猜猜...他的律師是你
Bingo.
猜對了
So unless you're going to arrest him,
所以除非你要逮捕他
you so much as text him without me present,
否則哪怕你只是發發短信,只要我不在場
and you're in violation of a court order.
你也是違反了法院命令
You're done driving a wedge between me and my people.
你休想再繼續挑撥我和我的人了
We'll see how strong your bond is with your people
當我把你手下所有人一個個拉上證人席
when I parade every one of them on the stand
并直截了當地問他們
and ask them pointblank,
"你知道邁克·羅斯是個騙子嗎"
"Did you know Mike Ross was a fraud?"
我們就能看到你和你的人聯系是有多緊密了
You think we're gonna have different answers to that?
你覺得我們對那個問題會有不同的答案嗎
No, I think you're all gonna take the Fifth.
不,我覺得你們都會引用第五修正案
And you're gonna tell yourselves it implies no guilt,
然后你們會自我安慰那樣并不會顯得心虛
but in the eyes of the jury,
但在陪審團的眼里
you might as well all just stand up there and say he did it.
你們可都相當于站在那里說出他的確有罪了
So you tell your client he's off the hook for now.
所以你告訴你的客戶我暫時不會找他麻煩了
But the next time I talk to him,
但下次我再找他談
it will be on the stand.
將會是他站在證人席上時
Hey, I got your message.
我收到你的信息了
So here I am.
所以我來了
But let me tell you something, Mike,
但我就直說了,邁克
if you're here to ask what I think you're gonna ask,
假如你的來意和我想象中的一樣
gonna be a short conversation.
那我倆沒啥好談的
I need you to say you remember me from Harvard.
我需要你說你記得我上過哈佛
There's just one small problem, Mike.
只有一個小問題,邁克
I don't remember you.
我不記得你
'Cause you didn't go there, did you?
因為你沒上過哈佛,不是嗎
Look me in the eye and tell me that I'm wrong.
看著我的眼睛,告訴我我說錯了
God damn you, Mike. II knew it.
該死的,邁克,我就知道
JimmyJimmy!
吉米,吉米
When we first started,
在我們剛開始工作時
you begged me to help you save your career.
你求我幫你保住你的飯碗
No, no, no, no, Mike. This is not the same thing.
不不不不,邁克,這兩件事可不一樣
II could have gotten you disbarred.
我本可以讓你丟掉律師資格的
But it couldn't have got me sent to jail, and you know it.
但那不會讓我進監獄,而你清楚這一點
I don't care! All right?
我不在乎
I need your help.
我需要你的幫助
Mike, you are asking me to perjure myself,
邁克,你在要求我作偽證
and I don't even know who you are.
而我甚至不了解你到底是個怎樣的人
Yes, you do.
不,你了解
I am the same guy you came to when your aunt needed help.
我就是在你嬸嬸需要幫助時你求助的那個人
What? So I owe you for that too?
怎么,那次也算我欠你的嗎
Yeah, you do.
沒錯
You and I both know if I get convicted,
你我都清楚假如我被定罪了
that settlement's gonna get reopened.
那個和解協議就會被重新審理
Then why the hell did you take it, Mike?
那你當時到底為什么要接受那個協議,邁克
Why?
為什么
Jimmy, I took a shortcut, man.
吉米,我當時走了捷徑
Just like you took a shortcut once.
就和你曾經也走過捷徑一樣
Now, if I could take it all back, I would,
假如我能收回一切,我會的
but I can't.
但我做不到
And just like you begged me once,
就和你曾經求過我一樣
I am coming to you and begging you right now.
我現在來找你,來求你
Please.
拜托了
Please help me.
求你幫幫我
No one in their right mind
沒有一個腦子正常的人
would do what you're asking me to.
會答應你求我做的事
That's not true.
并非如此
Harold come to you? Mmhmm.
哈羅德去找你了嗎,沒錯
But you know Harold
但你知道哈羅德
won't hold up on the stand and I would.
在證人席上是撐不住的,但我可以
Right?
是不是
Jimmy, I need you Michael.
吉米,我需要你... 邁克
Look, brother, I'm sorry.
聽著,兄弟,我很抱歉
I really wish I could help,
我真的很希望自己能幫你
but I cannot risk going to prison for you.
但我不能為了你而冒著進監獄的風險
I can't.
我做不到
Hello?
喂
Louis, it's me.
路易,是我
Sheila, I explicitly told you,
希拉,我明確告訴過你
"Do not call me until after the trial is over."
"在打完官司前不要打電話給我"
We can't take any chances
我們不能冒任何險...
Someone approached me, Louis.
有人找到我了,路易
What do you mean someone approached you?
什么叫有人找到你了
At my hotel.
就在我住的酒店
I was in the lobby.
我當時在大堂
A man came up to me and started talking.
一個男人上來和我說話
He said he was from New York.
他說是從紐約來的
He wanted to know how long I'd been
想知道我計劃去阿根廷旅行
planning a trip to Argentina.
有多久了
Then he asked how long I was planning on staying
還問我打算待多久
and, finally, did anyone pay
最后還問我
for my ticket to come down here?
是否有人出錢讓我來這兒
Wwhat did you tell him?
那你是怎么回答他的
That it was none of his business.
我說那不關他的事
Good. That was smart.
很好,很聰明
You didn't show them that they got to you.
不能讓他們覺得已經把你握在手心了
Louis, they did get to me.
路易,他們已經把我握在手心了
Listen to me.
聽我說
They did not subpoena you, so you did nothing wrong.
他們沒傳喚你,所以你沒做錯什么
You just took a trip.
你只是旅個行而已
Now, if Gibbs can prove anyone did anything, it is me.
就算吉布斯能咬定誰做了什么,那也是我
And I will do anything to protect you, okay?
我會不惜一切保護你的
I'm sorry, Louis. I have to go.
對不起,路易,我得走了
I don't believe you.
難以置信
You're calling Rachel as your first witness?
你居然讓瑞秋當第一個證人
I sure as hell am.
沒錯
Gibbs can't call Rachel. We took care of that.
吉布斯傳喚不了瑞秋,我們已經搞定這個了
We took care of her going out of bounds
我們只讓她沒辦法耍手段
to get Rachel to turn on you.
讓瑞秋指認你
We didn't do anything to stop her calling Rachel
沒讓她不能傳喚瑞秋
to the stand, and you know it.
出庭作證,你心里清楚
Fine, then I'm stipulating right now
那我現在鄭重聲明
Rachel's taking the fifth to any questions.
對所有問題,瑞秋都引用第五修正案
Oh, bullshit.
胡說
You know as well as I do,
我們都知道
she can't take the fifth to personal questions.
私人問題上她沒辦法引用第五修正案
So you're just gonna humiliate her
所以你為了嚇唬我
so you can rattle me?
就要羞辱她嗎
You're damn right I am.
你說對了
Gibbs is gonna do the exact same thing.
吉布斯也會做同樣的事
She is not gonna do that to Rachel
她不會再陪審團面前
in front of a jury, because it will make her look like shit.
羞辱瑞秋,因為那會讓她自貶身價
She doesn't care about that.
她可不關心自己的身價
No, you're the one that doesn't care about that.
不,不關心的人是你
'Cause this is no longer about what's best for my case;
因為這已經不是為我的案子著想了
It's because you don't want to lose to me.
你是單純的不想輸給我
I'm not going to lose to you.
我不會輸給你
You know what, Harvey? I am
你知道嗎,哈維,我...
That's enough.
別吵了
While you two have been having your pissing contest,
你們倆在這兒吵個沒完的時候
I've been poring over discovery,
我一直在翻舊文件
and I came across the class rankings from Mike's first year.
我發現了邁克大一的班級排名
Don't tell me he's not on it.
別告訴我上面沒有他
No, he's not. Doesn't make any sense.
確實沒有,這說不通
Yes, it does.
說得通
Lola must not have covered all the bases.
羅拉沒改完所有文件
Then we need to get her to cover all the bases.
那我們得讓她都改完
Are you out of your mind?
你瘋了嗎
You go to Lola, you lead Gibbs right to her,
你去找羅拉,就把吉布斯引過去了
and this thing is over before it even gets started.
這件事還沒來得及開始就會結束
Okay, then we get Benjamin to do it.
那我們讓本杰明改
We are not letting another person in on your secret.
不能再讓別人知道你的秘密了
Well, then what do you suggest we do?
那你覺得我們該怎么辦
What we were gonna do with every other piece
我們要搞定所有讓我們
of evidence that makes us look like shit.
看起來有罪的證據
We find a way to make it look like shit.
讓那些證據不堪一擊
There is no way that Harvard accidentally forgets
哈佛不可能碰巧忘了
to put a student on this list.
給一個學生排名
I say we go to Benjamin.
要我說就去找本杰明
And I say I'll lock you in a room
你要是再提這個
until this trial starts if you say that again.
我就把你鎖進小黑屋直到開庭
Then I guess whoever wins makes the call.
看來只能勝者做決定了
You go to Benjamin behind my back before we're done,
要是還沒分出勝負你就背著我去找本杰明
and you going to prison is gonna be
坐牢都算
the least of your problems.
便宜你了
Mike, you like you've been through the wringer.
邁克,你怎么像被痛扁了一頓似的
I have to ask you a question, and...
我得問你個問題
I want you to tell me the truth.
希望你誠實回答我
Well, of course.
你問吧
Do you really think I should be the one up there
你覺得我是該自己為自己辯護
fighting for my life, or do you think Harvey should be?
還是讓哈維為我辯護
I think that...
我覺得
You're the best person to make that call,
只有你能做這個決定
And that whatever you decide, I'm with you 100%.
無論你怎么決定,我都完全支持
Well, then I need to ask Benjamin to do something for us,
那我得拜托本杰明為我們做件事
and Harvey is really not gonna like it.
哈維肯定相當不滿
Whatever it is, if you think we need to do it,
不管什么事,只要你認為有必要
I'm with you.
我就支持你
It's done?
已經搞定了
Yes.
是的
It won't hold up forever, but it will hold up for now.
管不了一世,但頂得了一時
Thank you, Benjamin. I
謝謝,本杰明
I didn't expect it for a couple of hours.
我沒想到這么快
II haven't had a chance to get you any bacon.
都沒來得及給你弄點吃的
That's quite all right, Michael.
沒關系,邁克爾
This one is on the house.
這次算我請你
You know, you never asked if what
你從沒問過我
they're saying about me is true.
那些流言是不是真的
I didn't need to.
用不著問
I knew it was true the second I heard it.
我一聽就知道是真的
I don't understand.
我不明白
All these kids who went to Harvard,
念過哈佛的那些孩子
They never gave me the time of day.
他們從不拿出時間找我
All they cared about was letting me know
他們只想讓我知道
where they went to school and I didn't.
他們念過而我每念過的大學
You've never done that to me.
你從沒這么對我
Not one time.
一次都沒有
II don't know what to say.
我不知道該說什么
Say that when you're done and you've beaten this thing,
就說等你搞定這件事之后
You won't start acting like some asshole who went to harvard.
你不會開始像那些念過哈佛的人一樣混蛋
Well, I mean, can't really promise you that, Benjamin.
這個真沒法保證,本杰明
I'll have gone to Harvard.
我就要念過哈佛了
That's not funny, Michael.
一點不好笑,邁克爾
Is the prosecution ready to call its next witness?
檢方準備好傳喚下一位證人了嗎
Prosecution calls Rachel Zane.
檢方傳喚瑞秋·贊恩
Objection.
反對
Your Honor, the witness cannot object to testifying
法官大人,證人不能因為要引用第五修正案
simply because she intends to take the fifth.
就隨便拒絕作證
The witness doesn't have to testify because she's my wife.
證人不需要作證是因為她是我的妻子
What?
什么
I have a marriage certificate here
我這里有份內華達州的
from the state of Nevada showing that
結婚證明能表明
the witness and I were married in Las Vegas
證人和我在交往六周后
six weeks after we started dating.
就在拉斯維加斯結婚了
Both of you up here, now.
你們倆都過來
Where the hell did you get that?
你到底從哪兒弄來的證明
What do you mean?
什么意思
You didn't marry her, and you know it.
你明知道你沒娶她
Then why do I have everything I need proving I did?
那我怎么會有娶了她的證明
Because you did some bullshit to get out of this.
因為你耍了手段
Oh, look who's crying about it now.
看看誰要哭了
Keep your voices down.
你們都小點聲
You think this is a joke?
你當這是玩笑嗎
You try this in court,
你要是在法庭上用這招
Gibbs is gonna prove you're not married,
吉布斯會證明你沒結婚
and Rachel's gonna go to jail for perjury.
瑞秋就要因偽造罪坐牢了
He's right; you better know what the hell you're doing.
他說的沒錯,你最好清楚自己在做什么
Who said that I was gonna use this in the real trial?
誰說我要在真正的法庭上用這個了
I get it. This is a fake, just like you.
我懂了,這是假的,就像你一樣
I said keep your goddamn voice down.
我讓你小點聲
This is as real as that affidavit was, okay?
這份證明和那份證詞一樣真
Now, you wanted to rattle me; I've rattled you.
你想打敗我,我現在已經打敗你了
What are you gonna do about it?
你能怎么辦
Prosecution calls Rachel Zane to the stand.
檢方傳喚瑞秋·贊恩作證
Objection. We just went over this.
反對,我們剛已經說清楚了
When spousal privilege is invoked in the moment,
當涉及配偶特權時
prosecution has the right to challenge
檢方有權挑戰
the validity of the marriage.
這段婚姻的真實性
This is ridiculous. Objection overruled.
這真是荒唐,反對無效
Ms. Zane, take the stand.
贊恩小姐,請出庭作證
We can skip swearing her in
我們可以跳過讓她宣誓那部分
since she's just gonna lie about it, anyway.
反正她也不會說真話
Objection!
反對
Ms. Zane, if you got married six weeks after dating the defendant,
贊恩小姐,若你和被告在約會六周后就結婚了
why are you engaged to him right now?
為什么現在又和他訂婚了呢
Because we did it on a whim.
那時候只是一時興起
And we had planned to have an annulment,
而且我們也打算要撤銷的
but once we fell more in love, we thought that it
但后來我們越來越相愛,我們覺得
might be wonderful to reveal it to our families
或許等再結婚了再告訴家人們
after we were married again.
也是個不錯的主意
And how, exactly, did it go
那你們第一次結婚的時候
when you got married the first time?
具體是個什么情形呢
We were in Las Vegas
我們當時是在拉斯維加斯
Yeah, yeah, I don't give a shit where you were.
我沒興趣知道你們在哪里
What color was your dress? What color was the cake?
你的婚紗是什么顏色的,蛋糕又是什么顏色的
Objection. Who was there?
反對,當時有誰在場
Were there any witnesses? Your Honor, he's badgering
有任何證人嗎,法官大人,他騷擾證人
Who were the witnesses? And what goddamn time was it?
都有誰看到了,而且具體是幾點
Your honor, get him off of her!
法官大人,讓他下來
Harvey... Tell me right now.
哈維, 現在就告訴我
Let the witness answer.
讓證人先回答
The dress was white.
婚紗是白色的
And the cake was vanilla with a buttercream frosting.
蛋糕是香草味的,上面撒著奶油糖霜
It was a small ceremony at around 10:00 p.m.
典禮很小,大概在晚上10點左右
And I remember the man who married us
我還記得那個為我們證婚的人
like it was yesterday
一切都如昨日般清晰
because it was the most special day of my life.
因為那是我一生中最特別的一天
And when you came up with this story,
那當你編這個故事的時候
did Mr. Ross at least give you the courtesy of
羅斯先生有沒有至少給你自由發揮的權利
letting you make up your own memories of your supposedly sacred day?
讓你自己編你那所謂的神圣的一天
Objection.
反對
Since, if he represents himself at trial,
既然,他選擇在庭審中自己打辯護
you won't have a real wedding for at least two to five years.
你可能在未來的兩到五年里都不會有婚禮了
Harvey.
哈維
And I've got one more question:
我還有一個問題
Did you vow to remain faithful to Mr. Ross
你有沒有發誓在整段婚姻中
throughout your marriage?
都對羅斯先生忠貞不渝
Yes, I did.
是的,我說過
Yeah, then I guess when you cheated on him
那我猜當你背著他跟洛根·桑德斯
with Logan Sanders, it means you lied to him
偷情的時候,就說明你在那個
at that nonexistent ceremony,
根本不存在的典禮上說的是假話
just like you're lying to all of us right now.
就像你現在在騙我們一樣
That's enough.
夠了
If you want to bring more outside information
如果你想讓更多的無關消息來
to dispute this marriage, feel free, but for right now...
反駁這樁婚事的話,請自便,但現在
this witness is excused.
證人可以離席了
Louis, whatever it is, it's going to have to wait.
路易,不管什么事,等下再說
No, it's not gonna wait,
不行,等不了了
because you said you'd take care of Gibbs.
因為你說過你會搞定吉布斯的
I did take care of Gibbs.
我的確有搞定吉布斯啊
Well, then why the hell did someone from her office
那為什么她辦公室里有人
contact Sheila in Argentina?
聯系了身在阿根廷的希拉
Louis, they're just trying to scare you.
路易,他們只是在嚇唬你罷了
And even if she tells them everything,
而且就算她和盤托出
you did nothing wrong with Sheila.
你也沒做錯什么
What about what we did with Mike?
那邁克的事呢
The only proof they'll ever have that we knew about mike
他們唯一能證明我們知道邁克的事的證據
is if we tell them.
就是我們自己親口承認
And when they ask me, I'm going to take the Fifth,
如果他們問到我,我就引用第五修正案
and you are going to do the same thing.
你也是如此
That is not good enough.
這還不夠好
I don't want to take the Fifth.
我不想引用第五修正案
Excuse me? You heard me.
你說什么,你聽到了的
You get called first, you get up there,
你先被傳喚,你先上庭
and you look them straight in the eye,
你看著他們的眼睛
and you tell them Mike went to Harvard.
你告訴他們邁克上的哈佛
It was your decision to hire him,
是你決定雇的他
and you stand by it 100%.
而且你絕對支持這個決定
What's going on?
發生什么事了
What's going on is that Jessica's happy asking me
事情就是杰西卡讓我干擾證人
to witness tamper, but when it comes to her
倒是很輕松,輪到她自己
getting on the stand, she won't
上庭了,她倒不
Witness tamper? What did you have him do?
干擾證人,你讓他干什么了
She had me move Sheila out of the country.
她讓我把希拉弄出國去
Are you crazy?
你瘋了嗎
Look, I did what I had to do.
我只是做了我必須做的事
Then why won't you do what you have to do for me?
那你怎么不為我做點必須做的事
Because if I did that, it would open me up to perjury.
因為如果我做了,那我就有作偽證之嫌了
If Mike gets convicted,
如果邁克真的被判有罪
what does it matter if you perjure yourself?
你作個偽證又有什么關系
Both of you be quiet.
都給我閉嘴
Look who's coming.
看看誰來了
Look who it is. The Three Musketeers.
看看都是誰啊,三個火槍手啊
And we happen to be in the middle of a meeting.
我們正在開會
That's okay; I just dropped by to let you know
沒關系,我只是來提醒一下
it looks like the trial's been moved up till tomorrow.
好像庭審被提前到明天了
What the hell did you do?
你干了什么
I went to the judge, and I said, "Your Honor,
我去找了法官,我說,法官大人
"I'd like to start this thing before
我想在我僅有的證人都消失前
every single witness I have disappears."
開始這場庭審
No way she granted this without us present.
沒有我們在場她是不可能同意的
Oh, you can fight it, if you want.
你可以爭取一下,如果你想的話
We'll wait for Ms. Sazs to finish her trip.
我們可以等到賽斯女士旅游完回來
Oh, Mr. Litt seems upset about that.
對此利特先生看起來很不安呢
Looks like the wedge I'm driving between you
看來我對你們使的離間計
is starting to work.
開始起作用了
Your wedge hasn't done shit.
你的離間計屁用沒有
And I'm gonna tell you something else.
我再告訴你一件事
You put me on that stand,
你讓我上庭
and I will look the jury straight in the eye
我就看著陪審團的眼睛
and tell them that Mike Ross is the best
明明白白地告訴他們邁克·羅斯是
goddamn Harvardeducated attorney I have ever met.
我遇到過哈佛教出的最好的律師
I hired him.
是我雇了他
It was my decision, and I stand by it 100%.
是我的決定,而且我絕對支持
And everyone that comes after me
而我之后的每個人
will say the same thing.
都會說一樣的話
You think she bought that?
你覺得她吃你這一套嗎
I don't care if she bought it or not.
管她吃不吃呢
I wasn't bluffing.
我不是在吹牛
And you and Mike better figure out
你和邁克最好想想
what the hell you're going to do
到底該怎么做
because the trial starts tomorrow.
因為明天就開庭了
What a coincidence running into you here
一周在這兒碰到你兩次
twice in one week.
真巧啊
You can skip trying to cheer me up,
鼓勵就算了
because it's not gonna work.
反正也不管用
Rachel I don't want to hear it.
瑞秋,我不想聽
He humiliated me in front of the entire firm.
他在整律所的人面前羞辱我
Yeah, he did.
是的
But you weren't sure if Mike could handle this or not.
但你不能確定邁克能不能撐得住
And at least now, if he can't,
至少現在,如果他真不行
you won't have to be the one to tell him.
你可以不做那個去告訴他此事的惡人
That is so easy for you to say, because you have no idea
這話你說起來容易,因為你根本不知道
what it felt like to go through that.
經歷這一切是什么樣的感受
You're wrong.
你錯了
I know exactly what it feels like.
我確確實實地知道那是什么感覺
What are you talking about?
你是指什么
Try to imagine how he treated me when I left him for Louis.
想象一下當我棄他投奔路易時他是怎么對我的
Maybe you do know.
或許你真的懂
Yeah. I do.
是的,我懂
And...
而且
I also know that, like nobody else,
我還知道,無人能及地
Harvey has this ability
哈維有這個能力
to just shut off and not see you as a person anymore.
屏蔽一切,不再把你當人看
Well, that ability makes me sick.
這能力真是讓我郁悶
It's also probably one of the things
這可能也是他成功的
that makes him such a great lawyer.
因素之一吧
What are you doing here? We got a problem.
你來干什么,我們有麻煩了
You mean besides what you did today?
你是說除了你今天的行為嗎
Mike, listen to me. No, you listen to me.
邁克,聽我說,不,你聽我說
That was over the line The trial starts tomorrow.
那真的是太過分了, 明天開庭
What?
什么
No. Gibbs can't do that.
不,吉布斯做不到的
Technically she can't,
嚴格來說她的確不行
But trust me, we don't have a leg to stand on.
但相信我,我們也沒有站得住腳的理由反對
Fine.
好吧
Then I'm filing the motion to be my own attorney.
那我就提交申請由我自行辯護
Mikeno. I don't want to hear it.
邁克,我不想聽
You didn't beat me, all right?
你沒有打敗我,好嗎
So you can be second chair or no chair, but I am first chair.
你可以作第二辯護人或者不為我辯護,但我必須成為首席辯護人
God damn it, Mike.
該死的,邁克
You don't know what you're doing.
你不知道你在干什么
Do you really think I'm gonna let you
在你對瑞秋痛下狠手之后
protect me after what you did to Rachel today?
你真的以為我會讓你來保護我嗎
I did that to Rachel for you,
我對瑞秋毫不留情全然因為你
and if you can't see that, you can't win this trial.
如果你連這都看不透,你不能贏這場庭審
I can, and I will!
我能,而且我會
That's enough!
夠了
Rachel, it's fine. I can handle this.
瑞秋,沒事兒,我能解決這事兒
I don't care. I don't want you to handle this.
我不在乎, 我不想讓你來處理此事
What?
什么
You said you were with me 100%.
你說過你百分之百支持我
Was that a lie?
那是謊話嗎
No, but what Harvey had to do to me today was brutal,
不是,只是哈維今天對我做的一切太殘忍
and whoever ends up representing you has to do
不管最終由誰為你辯護
the same thing to Trevor.
都會對特雷弗做相同的事
You don't think I can do the same thing to Trevor?
你覺得我不能對特雷弗做出相同的事嗎
I know you can.
我知道你能
But I hated Harvey while he was doing it to me,
但是當哈維質證我時,我很討厭他
and they're going to hate you
而且他們也會討厭你
while you're doing it to Trevor.
在你質證特雷弗時
And, Mike, we can't have the jury hating you,
而且,邁克,我們不能讓陪審團討厭你
but we can let them hate Harvey.
但是我們可以讓他們討厭哈維
Mr. Evans, is it true that you were living with Mr. Ross
埃文斯先生,你和羅斯住在一起是真的嗎
in and around the time he claims to have attended Harvard?
在那段他聲稱他就讀于哈佛大學期間
Yes, we shared an apartment
沒錯,我們共住一間公寓
at 5307 Huntington Boulevard in Brooklyn.
位于布魯克林區亨廷頓達到5307號
And how exactly did he pay his rent?
他又是如何支付他的房租呢
He worked as a bike messenger and made money on the side
他找了一份郵遞員的差事,然后又做了一份兼職
taking the LSATs for people.
專替別人參加法學院入學考試
Oh, wait, I'm confused.
等一下,我有點糊涂了
Why would he have to resort to that
他為何要依靠那種手段謀生
if he were a college graduate?
如果他是一名大學畢業生
Because he wasn't a college graduate.
因為他不是大學生畢業生
What?
什么
You mean he never graduated from college?
你是說他沒有從大學畢業嗎
No, he was kicked out of college for cheating on a test.
對,他因為考試作弊而被學校開除
Well, isn't it possible
這樣啊,那有沒有可能
that while he was living with you,
在你和他住在一起時
he went back to school and completed his degree?
他又回到了學校,然后完成了他的學業
Well, I don't see how, since most of his spare time
我不知道他如何辦到,因為他的大部分空閑時間
was spent sitting around smoking weed with me.
都花在和我一起吸大麻上
Well, let me get this straight.
讓我來理理思路
Before he was employed at Pearson Specter,
在他被皮爾遜斯佩克特雇傭之前
to the best of your knowledge, he worked as
你所清楚知道的是,他從事了一份
a bike messenger and a parttime LSAT imposter?
郵遞員的工作,還兼職替他人參加法學院入學考試
Yes.
沒錯
One last question, Mr. Evans.
最后一個問題,埃文斯先生
Is it at all possible that Mike Ross
有沒有一絲可能邁克·羅斯
ever attended Harvard law school?
曾經在哈佛大學法學院上過學
Not unless they had a satellite campus at
除非他們在布魯克林區亨廷頓達到5307號
5307 Huntington Boulevard in Brooklyn.
修建了一個輔助校園
No more questions, your honor.
問題問完了,法官大人
Given that you smoked all this pot, Mr. Evans,
由于你吸食大麻,埃文斯先生
isn't it possible that if Mike Ross commuted one day
有沒有可能邁克·羅斯一周一次
a week to Harvard law that you might not remember that?
前往哈佛大學法學院讀書,而你又不記得那天
I'd remember.
我記得
Yeah, maybe you would, but you'd lie
沒錯,或許你記得,但是不管怎樣
through your teeth about it anyway, wouldn't you?
你都會對那件事撒謊,對嗎
Objection.
反對
Mr. Evans, isn't it true that you're a longtime
埃文斯先生,你是不是一名長期的毒品販子
drug dealer and your testimony today is only happening
而你今天之所以會在此作證
because you signed a deal with Ms. Gibbs giving you immunity?
全是因為你和吉布斯達成協議,她會給你豁免權
Doesn't mean I'm lying.
那也不表示我在撒謊
Because you wouldn't lie
你不會撒謊
just to get out of going to prison?
是因為你不想進監獄嗎
No, I would not.
對,我不會
Well, how about if the other reason was to get back
那你覺得另外一個理由怎么樣
at someone you've been jealous of your entire life?
你這樣做是為了報復你這輩子都嫉妒的人
I've never been jealous of Mike Ross in my entire life.
我這輩子從未嫉妒過邁克·羅斯
And I just caught you in a lie.
我正好發現你在撒謊
Objection, your honor.
反對,法官大人
Mr. Evans, my next move is gonna be to call
埃文斯先生,我下一步將要傳喚
Jenny Griffith to the stand,
珍妮·格里菲思出庭
and she's gonna testify that you lied to her for years
她將會證實你關于毒品交易一事
about dealing, and when she found out about it,
對她撒了數年的謊,當她發現時
she left you for Mike Ross.
她離開了你,而和邁克·羅斯在一起
Objection. Badgering.
反對,糾纏證人
She's also gonna say that you were jealous of his mind
她還會說你嫉妒他的頭腦
your entire life, and when you found out
你這輩都是,當你發現
that she left you for him, you were as jealous
她離開你而和他在一起時,你就變得嫉妒
as a human being can be.
像任何正常人那般嫉妒
Now, is that true or not? Your Honor.
那是真是假,法官大人
Let me rephrase.
讓我換個說法
Is Ms. Griffith going to be perjuring herself or are you?
是格里菲思女士會做偽證,還是你
Yeah, I was jealous of him.
沒錯,我嫉妒他
And if he lied about all of that, what's to make us believe
如果他對那件事都撒謊,還有什么能夠讓我們相信
that he wasn't lying about everything else?
他沒有對其他事情撒謊呢
No further questions, Your Honor.
沒有問題了,法官大人
Your honor, prosecution calls Donna Paulsen to the stand.
法官大人,控訴方傳喚唐娜·鮑爾森出席
Don't worry, Donna.
別擔心,唐娜
She won't ask you pointblank if you knew Mike was a fraud.
她不會直截了當地問你是否知道邁克是騙子
What if she does?
如果她這樣問呢
If you lie,
如果你撒謊
they'll never know.
他們永遠不會知道
Ms. Paulsen, it's my understanding that you arranged
鮑爾森女士,據我所知是你安排
Mr. Specter's interviews for the position currently filled
斯佩克特先生的那場面試,而面試的職務目前正由
by Michael Ross.
邁克爾·羅斯擔任
Is that correct?
對嗎
I assisted in the process, yes.
我協助了面試過程,沒錯
Did you find it suspicious that Mr. Ross
你有沒有覺得羅斯先生的第一學年成績
wasn't listed on the Harvard class ranking from his first year?
并沒有列入哈佛大學班級排名中這點很可疑
No, I didn't. And why is that?
我沒有,為什么
Because I've never been on any class ranking,
因為我從未被列入任何班級排名上
and I'm the best legal secretary in the city.
而且我現在是本市里最出色的律師秘書
Wow, that's a quippy response, Ms. Paulsen.
哇,真是一個巧妙的回答,鮑爾森女士
But if you were so good at your job, how would you
但是如果你如此擅長你的工作,那你怎會
allow someone who wasn't even on the interview list
允許一個沒有出現在面試名單上的人
to get in a room alone with Harvey Specter?
走進房間單獨和哈維·斯佩克特待在一起
I'm sure you'll recognize this list.
我敢肯定你記得這張名單
After all, you typed it up.
不管怎么樣,是你打印的
And it looks like his name isn't on this one either.
而且看起來他的名字也沒有出現在這張名單上
No, he wasn't on the list, but he was smart enough
對,他不在名單上,但是他足夠機靈
to talk to his way in,
僅憑幾句話就進去了
which is what a good lawyer does and exactly
這正是一名優秀律師所做的
what I was looking for.
而且也正是我要找的人
How exactly did he talk his way in?
他到底說了什么就進去了
Answer the question, Ms. Paulsen.
回答問題,鮑爾森女士
He took someone else's spot.
他頂替了別人的位置
You mean he said he was someone else.
你是指他說是他是別人
You're under oath, Ms. Paulsen.
你宣過誓,鮑爾森女士
May I remind you that perjury carries a sentence
要我提醒你作偽證會被判刑
of up to five years?
最高五年的監禁嗎
Did he say he was someone else?
他是不是說他是別人
He said he was Rick Sorkin. Ha.
他說他是里克·蘇爾欽,哼
So your first introduction to Mr. Ross was as an imposter?
所以你對羅斯先生最開始的介紹就是他是騙子
I didn't say that.
我沒這樣說
You said he lied about what his name was.
你說過他對他的名字撒謊
That makes him an imposter.
那就是說他是一個騙子
Are you going to recant your testimony?
你是要撤銷你的證詞嗎
Don't look at him.
別看著他
No, I'm not recanting.
不,我不撤銷
All right.
那就好
So now we've established that Mr. Ross is a liar.
所以現在我們已經確定羅斯先生是個騙子
And now we're gonna find out if you're a liar.
那現在我們就要查明你是不是騙子
So, Ms. Paulsen,
所以,鮑爾森女士
To the best of your knowledge,
據你所知
did Mike Ross go to Harvard law school or not?
邁克·羅斯有沒有到哈佛大學法學院上過學
I'd like to assert my Fifth Amendment Right.
我要使用憲法第五修正案賦予我的權利
Don't feel bad, Ms. Paulsen.
別不好受,鮑爾森女士
I'm sure others will do the same thing too...
我敢肯定其他人也會做相同的事情...
Because...
因為...
The defense cannot produce one person
辯護人不能提供任何證人
who can place Mike Ross at Harvard Law.
以證明邁克·羅斯曾在哈佛法學院學習
The witness could be excused, Your Honor.
我的問題問完了,法官大人
I think we've heard all we need to hear.
我認為我們已經聽夠了
Defense would like to call Jimmy Kirkwood to the stand.
被告申請傳喚吉米·柯克伍德出庭作證
Objection.
反對
His name was not on the witness list.
他不在證人名單上
Rebuttal witness.
反證證人
She just said we can't produce someone who places
她剛才說我們找不到任何人證明
Mike at Harvard, and I say we can.
邁克上過哈佛,我說我們可以
Your Honor
法官大人
Mr. Specter is within his rights.
斯佩克特先生有他的權利
Mr. Kirkwood can take the stand.
柯克伍德先生可以作證
How did you know he'd testify?
你怎么知道他愿意作證
I didn't until just now.
剛知道
Well, when I first met Mike, I thought,
我剛認識邁克時,就在想
"Who is this asshole "
這個平時從不出現
"Who only ever shows up for tests?"
只來參加考試的混蛋是誰啊"
Cockiest son of a bitch I ever saw.
他是我見過最傲慢的賤人
But then I really got to know Mike when we were arguing
但之后我真的認識了邁克
over an ethics question in professor Gerard's class.
在吉拉德教授的課上爭論一個道德問題時
Should a lawyer who's crossed a line
一個越過界的律師
be given a second chance?
應該得到第二次機會嗎
I didn't think so, but Mike did,
我覺得不應該,但邁克意見相反
and that's when I realized that Mike Ross has more integrity
那時我意識到,邁克·羅斯的小指頭里
and compassion in his little finger
存有的正直和同情心
than any other lawyer I've ever met.
比我見過的任何一個律師都多
And if I was on trial for my life,
如果我面臨性命攸關的審判
There's no one I'd rather have on my side
我希望站在我身邊的
than my fellow Harvard alum Mike Ross.
除了我的哈佛同學邁克·羅斯外,沒有別人
Just so we're 100% clear,
我們說清楚些
was Mike Ross a student at Harvard Law School with you?
邁克·羅斯是跟你一起上的哈佛法學院嗎
Yes, he was.
是的
No further questions, Your Honor.
沒有其他問題了,法官大人
Now we've heard enough.
我們現在聽夠了
Ms. Gibbs, I'll give you 24 hours to prepare for cross.
吉布斯女士,我給你24小時準備交叉質詢
Oh, I don't need 24 hours, Your Honor.
我不需要24小時,法官大人
Mr. Kirkwood, isn't it true that two days ago,
柯克伍德先生,兩天前
Mr. Ross contacted you on the street outside of your Office
羅斯先生有沒有在你辦公室外見你
and the two of you got into a heated argument?
而你們發生了激烈的爭吵
I have the pictures. Would you like to see them?
我有照片,你想看看嗎
Yes, it's true.
是這樣
And isn't it also true that Mike Ross
那是不是幾月前邁克·羅斯
got your aunt a large settlement several months ago,
曾幫你嬸嬸獲得一大筆和解金
and if he gets convicted, it's likely
如果他被判有罪
that that settlement gets overturned?
很可能那次和解會被推翻
Objection. Calls for speculation.
反對,要求證人推測
He's a Harvard Lawyer. He's qualified to speculate.
他是哈佛畢業的律師,他有能力做推測
Overruled. No, you're right.
反對無效,不,你說得對
It'd probably get overturned,
和解可能被推翻
but if you think that's why I said what I said,
但你要認為我說這些話是為那個
then obviously you don't know me.
那你明顯不了解我
So Trevor Evans could lie because he's jealous,
特雷弗·埃文斯可以因嫉妒而說謊
but you wouldn't lie for your aunt?
你就不可能為嬸嬸而騙人嗎
I'm not lying for my aunt.
我不是為我嬸嬸說謊
But you are lying, because a person
但你確實在說謊,因為說真話的人
who's telling the truth wouldn't say they're lying at all.
絕對不會說自己在說謊
Objection. Testifying.
反對,律師自行作證
You Honor, I've had enough of this witness.
法官大人,這位證人我問完了
He's excused.
他可以下庭了
And the prosecution rests.
公訴就此結束
Donna.
唐娜
Come in.
進來
What can I do for you?
有什么需要幫忙的嗎
I'm actually here to see Mike.
我其實是來見邁克的
Mike's not here.
邁克不在
He went to go and see Harvey.
他去見哈維了
Look, is this about It is about today.
是關于... 關于今天的事
Donna, I...
唐娜,我...
You know, I always talk like nothing can get to me.
我總是說沒什么能難住我
Well, it did today.
但今天我被難住了
I crumbled up there, and I hurt Mike's case.
我在庭上崩潰了,傷到了邁克的案子
And I'm ashamed of myself, and I don't know what to do.
我為自己而羞愧,而又不知道該怎么辦
Okay.
好吧
Here's what you're gonna do. It's okay.
沒事,我告訴你應該做什么
You are going to sit down with me
你要跟我坐下來
and have a glass of wine
喝杯酒
and relax.
放松
Because juries aren't stupid, and they aren't allowed
因為陪審團不傻,他們也不被允許
to infer anything from what you said, so they won't.
受你說的話影響,所以他們不會被影響
Harvey, I got to tell you, I think we got 'em.
哈維,我得跟你說,我覺得我們搞定他們了
Mike, sit down.
邁克,坐下
What's going on?
怎么了
We had a good day, but it wasn't enough.
我們今天做得不錯,但還不夠
What are you talking about?
你說什么呢
Jimmy came through. Mike
吉米出現,邁克
Look, I know she landed a punch with him.
我知道她打擊到了他
And I'm telling you, he wasn't enough.
我跟你說,他還不夠
Harvey, all we need is reasonable doubt.
哈維,我們只需要合理懷疑就夠了
And if I was on that jury, I wouldn't have it.
如果我在陪審團,我不會懷疑
I'd find you guilty.
我會認定你有罪
That's great. So you just called me over here
很好,那你叫我來
to make me want to kill myself?
是要我自殺嗎
I called you here because this is not about doubt.
我叫你來是因為這案子不是懷疑的事
We need to give them a reason to want to let you go.
我們得給他們理由放過你
And how exactly are we gonna do that?
那我們要怎么辦
By doing what you wanted to do in the first place.
做你一開始想做的事
No. Now?
不,現在做
Are you kidding me?
你開玩笑嗎
It's the only way to get you to testify
那是唯一讓你不上證人席
without taking the stand.
卻可以作證的辦法
And you said if we had to, we'd put me on the stand.
可你說如果必要,我們會讓我作證
And you were right.
但你說對了
She's too good at crossing.
她交叉詢問太厲害了
Well, it's a great idea, Harvey; I wish I'd had it.
哈維,這是個好主意,我也希望我能做到
The only problem is, they're not gonna let me change
但問題是,他們不會允許我
my goddamn lawyer in the middle of a trial!
在庭審過程換律師的
And I'm telling you we need to figure out
那我說,我們得想辦法
a way to make them.
讓他們允許
Because if we don't...
因為如果我們想不出
we're gonna lose.
就會輸
You're not allowed to talk to me.
你不能跟我說話的
That's true,
沒錯
But if you don't tell anyone, then no one's gonna know,
但如果你誰都不告訴,就沒人會知道
and I don't think you're gonna want to tell anyone.
而我覺得你不會告訴別人的
Okay. What do you want?
好,你想要什么
I have to admit that until you got rid of Sheila,
我得承認在你把希拉送走前
I honestly thought you weren't part of this whole thing,
我真的覺得你沒參與這事的
but then I did a little checking,
但之后我做了個小調查
and I think I can pinpoint the exact day
發現我可以確切指出
you found out about Mike Ross.
你發現邁克·羅斯的事的日子
I'm calling Jessica.
我要給杰西卡打電話
They let you resign, you found out about Mike,
他們讓你辭職,你發現了邁克的事
and you used it to return as a name partner.
就借此回去做上了命名合伙人
And you know what that makes me think about you?
你知道那讓我怎么看你嗎
You're resourceful, maybe a little sleazy,
你有頭腦,可能有點卑鄙
but you didn't hire that kid in the first place.
但你一開始沒雇那個孩子
I'm not turning on my partners.
我不會背叛我的同伴
You had to blackmail them to get what you deserve.
你得通過敲詐他們得到你贏得的
That's got to stick in your craw.
那肯定讓你如鯁在喉
Go. I will go, Louis.
滾, 我會走,路易
But you know what else I found out
但你知道我在查你時
when I was looking into you?
發現了什么嗎
You like the ballet.
你喜歡芭蕾
You like to go mudding.
喜歡做泥浴
You enjoy the creature comforts in life,
你喜歡生活里的物質享受
but they don't have comforts like that in prison.
但監獄里可沒有那些
They're gonna lose this trial.
他們會輸掉這場審判
You know it, I know it, and they know it.
你知道,我知道,他們也知道
You have one last chance to save yourself.
你有最后一個自救的機會
Think about it.
好好考慮
And, uh...
還有...
Call me.
打電話給我
Before it's too late.
以免太遲了