You think that I don't know that
你以為我不知道
all your problems are solved
只要我告訴他們這是哈維做的
if I tell them that Harvey did this?
你就萬事大吉了
I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind
如果說我沒想過邁克應該做個交易
that maybe Mike should think about making a deal.
那我一定是在說謊
And now that they've taken in your father,
現在他們抓走了你爸爸
you can't tell me that the thought hasn't crossed yours too.
別告訴我你沒有過同樣的想法
Thinking about it and talking about it aren't the same thing.
想過和說出來可不是一回事
I got a call about an article
我接到一個電話,是一篇關于
on Mike Ross' meteoric rise to junior partner.
邁克·羅斯如何飛速躥升到初級合伙人的文章
The problem is there is no Mike Ross.
問題是哈佛沒有邁克·羅斯這個人
You reported it anonymously,
你匿名舉報了這件事
because you didn't want to look bad.
因為你不想做壞人
I reported it anonymously
我之所以匿名舉報
because I was ashamed that it happened on my watch.
是因為我為自己任上發生這種事而感到羞愧
I loved you,
我那么愛你
and you let some stupid secret come between us
你卻讓這種愚蠢的秘密成為我們之間的絆腳石
because you couldn't trust me with it.
只因為你無法信任我
All you have to do is admit what you did,
只要你承認自己犯下的錯
and all of this goes away.
這些就會隨之而去
Sheila came forward.
希拉站出來了
She admitted she was the one who wrote the email.
她承認是她寫的郵件
You and your partners are hereby subpoenaed
你和你的合伙人被傳訊
to hand over every single document in the entire firm.
提供律所所有文件
Harvey, I'm not sure this is the best idea.
哈維,我覺得這不是個好主意
We need to know what she has. What's the downside?
我們得知道她手里有什么,這有什么壞處嗎
The downside is that we move up the trial.
壞處就是就是我們要進入庭審了
Mike, this trial's coming, whether we like it or not.
邁克,不管我們愿不愿意,庭審總會來的
And the more time we have knowing her game plan,
我們越早知道她的計劃
the better off we'll be.
對我們越有利
Holy shit. What?
完蛋了,怎么了
I took the LASTs with this guy.
我之前替這家伙考過法學院入學考試
So what?
那又怎樣
So he can give Gibbs something
那他就能給吉布斯提供
she doesn't even have on me yet.
關于我的新證據了
Yes, but to do that, he'd be ruining his whole career.
可如果這么做,他的職業生涯就毀于一旦了
Which means, even if he remembers you,
也就是說,即使他還記得你
he's more afraid of you than you are of him.
比起你怕他,他更怕你
So calm the hell down.
所以別瞎緊張了
All right, let's make this quick.
好了,我們速戰速決
Your honor, making it quick is exactly
法官大人,我們也十分希望
what we're asking you to do.
能夠速戰速決
She hasn't handed over her discovery yet.
她還沒遞交她的證據
I'm still building a case,
我還在立案
and we haven't even set a date for the trial yet.
而且庭審日期還未確定
And the check's in the mail, and all the other things
然后查查郵件,還有人們說的其他事
people say when they don't wanna do what they have to do.
當他們不想做該做的事時
What I have to do is protect the public
我只是保護公眾
from the likes of you.
免遭你這類人的毒害
All right, that's enough.
好了,你們夠了
Get that discovery to them by the end of the day.
今天把證據給他們
In that case, we'd like to ask that the day of the trial
既然如此,我方要求
be set in the next two weeks.
在兩周內進行庭審
Objection, Your Honor, she's had weeks to
反對,法官大人,她已經準備好幾周了
You can't have it both ways, Mr. Specter.
魚與熊掌不可兼得,斯佩克特先生
You can't demand discovery and ask for more time.
你不能既想要證據又想要更多時間準備
Trial starts in two weeks.
庭審在兩周后開始
Jessica, we have a problem.
杰西卡,我們有個問題
Thanks for pointing that out, Jack.
謝謝你能指出來,杰克
I had no idea.
我都沒發現呢
I'm not talking about the trial.
我指的不是庭審
I'm talking about this.
我指的是這個
What the hell is that?
那是什么玩意兒
An oped in the Journal.
《華爾街日報》的一篇評論文章
"There is no way on God's green earth "
在圣光普照的大地上絕不可能發生的事
"that at least one of the three name partners
就是皮爾遜斯佩克特利特律所的
"at Pearson Specter Litt
三個冠名合伙人中
didn't know what was going on under their own roof."
沒有一個知道自己公司內部的勾當"
"God's green earth." Who wrote it?
"圣光普照的大地" ,這是誰寫的
A partner at Skaaden.
斯凱登律所的一個合伙人
If it wasn't them, it would've been someone else,
就算他們不寫,也會有別人寫
because they smell blood.
因為他們聞到了血腥味
I don't care what they smell.
我才不管他們聞到了什么
I've given up everything for this firm,
為了這個律所我放棄了一切
and if anybody tries to take it from me,
如果任何人想從我手中奪走它
they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
他們得從我僵硬冰冷的死尸手中掰下來才行
And what's your goddamn plan? Excuse me?
那你的計劃呢,你說什么
Jessica, our reputation's taking a beating.
杰西卡,律所的名聲正受到質疑
We need to rehabilitate it.
我們需要重振地位
That means pro bono, and you know it.
也就是無償代理,你懂的
One free case is not going to move the needle,
不管一個無償案件多么有價值
no matter how worthy it is.
它都不會改變現狀
I'm not talking about one case.
我指的不是一個案件
I'm talking about a series of cases
我指的是為我們的客戶最在意的慈善機構
for our clients' most valued charities.
提供一系列無償服務
Oh, this better not be another scheme, Jack.
這最好不是你的新陰謀,杰克
You think this is a move?
你覺得這是我的一步陰謀
Now why would I ever think that after you tried
不然你認為我會怎么想
to take my firm from me six times in the last ten minutes?
就在你剛剛想方設法從我手中奪權后沒多久
I did try to take over from you.
我確實想奪權上位
But I've been at this firm my entire career,
但我這輩子都效力于這個律所
and I am fighting for it now.
并且現在我在為它抗爭
And you think I'm not? I'm sure you are.
你認為我沒有為它抗爭嗎,我確定你有
But you're also the reason I'm holding this indictment
但之所以我會拿著這份公司的控告
of our firm in the first place,
你是首要原因
because what they're saying is true.
因為這上面說的很對
And don't you dare try to tell me
你敢告訴我
you didn't know about Mike Ross,
你不知道邁克·羅斯的事嗎
because we both know you did.
你我都清楚你一直都知道的
What the hell do you want?
你到底想干什么
Oh, since you made me come all the way down here,
既然你都讓我大老遠跑來一趟了
I thought I'd save the taxpayers some money
我覺得我就不雇專人了
on hiring a server.
好給納稅人省點錢
A server for what?
雇專人干什么
For your fiancée. I'd like to ask her some questions.
請你未婚妻,我想問她幾個問題
Get the hell out of here.
哪兒涼快哪兒待著去
You want to serve a subpoena, you serve it to her.
想送傳票,你自己給她
Well, then I wouldn't get to see the look on your face.
那樣的話,我就看不到你現在的表情了
Did you really think I wouldn't hit you where it hurts?
你真以為我不知道你的要害嗎
I was saving your weakest spot for last.
我只是把最弱的那點留到最后而已
Have a nice day, gentlemen.
祝你們愉快,先生們
What?
怎么了
You know what.
知道嗎
It's time we give that woman a taste of her own medicine.
該給那個女人點顏色看看了
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
你什么意思
It means we hire a lawyer from an outside firm,
我們雇一個外部律師
and we dig up dirt on someone she cares about.
查查她關心的事情
Are you out of your mind? You saw what she did to Donna.
你瘋了吧,你看到她是怎么對唐娜的了
It's only a matter of time before she tries
她用同樣卑鄙的手段對瑞秋
to pull the same shit with Rachel. Mike
只是時間的問題,邁克
Harvey, you're the one that taught me that
哈維,是你教的我
when someone puts pressure on you, you put it back on them.
當有人向你施壓時,要以牙還牙
I also taught you if you're gonna take a swing at someone,
我還教過你,如果想要反擊
you better knock them out,
你最好能一擊制勝
and if we pull the shit that you're talking about
如果我們照你說的做
and get caught,
然后被抓了
all that happens is I get thrown off this case,
最終下場就是我被踢出這個案子
and it's game over.
然后一切玩完了
Harvey, I can't stand by and watch while the people
哈維,我不能眼睜睜地看著
I care about get attacked, and neither could you.
我在乎的人受到攻擊,你也受不了
Mike, I promise you,
邁克,我向你保證
I will be there for Rachel every step of the way.
無論如何我都會為瑞秋挺身而出
In the meantime,
與此同時
I need you going through every one of those boxes.
我需要你好好過一遍那些箱子里的文件
Because if that woman is ready to go to trial,
因為如果那個女人真準備好了上庭
she's got a lot more than an email
那她掌握到的證據就肯定不止
from Louis' girlfriend.
路易女友的一封郵件
Rachel Zane. Yes?
瑞秋·贊恩,是我
My name is Anita Gibbs. I'm the
安妮塔·吉布斯,我是
Yes, I know who you are.
我知道你是誰
I'm flattered you came for me personally.
你親自來找我,真是榮幸
But we aren't supposed to talk for another three days,
但我們這三天不能見面
and I don't have my lawyer with me, so
現在我律師也不在,所以
This isn't a formal interrogation.
這并非正式詢問
That won't be necessary.
沒必要律師陪同
Then I'll tell you what is necessary.
那我告訴你什么有必要
You're going to put in writing that anything I say to you
你得白紙黑字的寫一份證明表示我所說的
is inadmissible.
任何話都無效
I suspected you'd say that, which is why i prepared this.
我就知道你會這么說,所以準備了這個
I understand if you'd prefer to ask somebody who's actually
如果你想向一個真從法律學校畢業的人咨詢
completed law school if that's legally binding.
這份文件是否具有法律效力,我可以理解
I'm perfectly capable of determining
我完全有能力判斷
if this is legally binding or not.
這是否有法律效力
And I'm not going to let you
而且我也絕不會讓你
bait me into saying anything to you.
騙我跟你講任何事
Well, that's fine with me.
我不介意
I'm not looking for you to talk.
我不是指望你說什么
I'm looking for you to listen.
是希望你聽聽我的話
Well, it's official.
正式通知
No matter what happens at trial,
不管案子結果如何
this firm isn't surviving Mike Ross.
公司也不會比邁克·羅斯活得久了
I know about the editorial, Louis.
我知道那篇社論了,路易
What editorial?
什么社論
I'm talking about the summer associate applications.
我說的是夏季新律師申請的事
How bad is it? Three people.
有多可怕,就三個人
Not just any three people, the three people
還不是隨便三個人,是三個
that never should've made it to harvard in the first place.
根本就不配進哈佛的人
Goddamn it.
該死的
Sheila's sending us the bottom of the barrel.
希拉是把墊底的送來了
She's giving us the sludge that grows
他是把給墊底的墊底的人
at the bottom of the barrel.
送來了
Then...
那么
I think it might be time to start looking beyond Harvard.
我認為也許我們該把眼光放在哈佛以外了
Yeah, that's a great idea. You know what?
是嗎,真是好主意,那不如
We should start shitting in the urinals while we're at it.
我們以后有什么就招什么吧
I'm not talking about the University of Arizona, Louis.
我又沒說是亞利桑那州立大學,路易
I'm talking about Columbia, Yale, Stanford
我指的是哥倫比亞,耶魯,斯坦福
And I'm talking about appearances.
我指的是我們的形象
We break our rule and suddenly hire outside of Harvard
我們打破規矩突然從哈佛以外招人的話
We already broke our rule for Rachel with Columbia.
我們收了哥倫比亞的瑞秋就已經破了規矩
Please, that was different, and you know it.
拜托,這是兩碼事,你自己也知道
No. It was because of Mike,
不,那就是因為邁克
which makes it the same goddamn thing.
所以這才根本就是一碼事
One way or another, we are going to keep this firm going.
不管怎樣,我們都要保住公司
So if you don't wanna go outside of harvard to do that,
所以你不想去哈佛以外招人
then I suggest you go up to Cambridge,
那我建議你趕緊去劍橋
and convince Sheila to start feeding us
說服希拉給我們介紹些
some worthy goddamn applicants.
有資格的申請者
Okay. So first you pick me up,
好了,你先是派車來接我
then you bring me to my favorite café.
又帶我來了我最喜歡的咖啡店
What can I say? I do my homework.
有什么辦法,我的調查工作就是做得好
As do I, Ms. Gibbs, which is why I'm not falling for you
我也不賴,吉布斯女士,所以我不會
pretending to be my friend.
上你假裝示好的當的
You're right. I'm not your friend.
你說得對,我不是你的朋友
But I am willing to pull some strings
但我愿意動用點影響力
to get the man you love into Columbia Law School.
幫你愛的男人進哥倫比亞法學院
And if you think that I'm gonna buy that fairy tale,
如果你以為我會相信你這個童話
the only strings you're trying to pull are mine.
那你的影響力作用的唯一一個人就是我
The only fairy tale here is the one where you believe
這件事里唯一的童話是你以為
you get out of this thing unscathed.
你能毫發無損的度過這一劫
Okay. We're done here.
行了,我跟你談夠了
Rachel, I'm just trying to give you your options.
瑞秋,我只是想讓你清楚你都有哪些路
I know my options.
我知道我的路
Then you know you have no spousal privilege,
那你就該知道你沒有配偶特權
which means you're going to have to tell the truth,
也就是說你有義務說出真相
and put your fiancée away.
讓你未婚夫進監獄
Or you're gonna have to plead the Fifth.
否則你只能引用第五修正案
Or I can say that he didn't do this.
或者我可以說他就沒干這件事
Perjuring yourself is the same as taking the Fifth,
做偽證和引用第五修正案沒區別
as far as your future is concerned.
你的未來一樣是毀了
What the hell does that mean?
你這是什么意思
I'm saying that someday you're going to face
我的意思是你總有一天
the character and fitness committee of the bar,
要面對律界的性格健康委員會
and I seriously doubt they're going to admit somebody
我真的很懷疑他們會認可
who did that.
干過這種事的人
Are you trying to intimidate a witness?
你是在恐嚇證人嗎
Because yes, someday I will face that committee,
沒錯,有天我會面對委員會的審查
but tomorrow they're going to be hearing about you.
但明天他們得先聽聽你的事
I'm your only way out of this mess.
我是你度過此劫的唯一活路
Just give me the people who are actually responsible for it,
把真正該付責任的人交給我
and I'll see to it that both you and Mike can practice law
我會確保你和邁克的余生都能繼續
for the rest of your lives.
在法律界謀生
Please tell me that's the last one.
求你告訴我這是最后一箱了
It is.
沒錯
Except for the hundred in the other conference room.
除了另一間會議室堆的幾百個之外
Holy shit. Yeah.
天哪, 是啊
Trial strategy 101.
庭審策略第一招
Bury the other side in paperwork,
把對方埋進資料堆
so they can't find what they're looking for.
這樣他們就不知道自己在找什么了
And what are we looking for?
那我們在找什么
Gibbs' trial strategy.
吉布斯的庭審策略
Somewhere in these boxes are the pieces
這些盒子里藏著
that she is putting together to make her case.
她拼起來立案的拼圖碎片
We find them, we know specifically what we have to fight.
找到它們,就能知道我們要對付什么了
And what specifically might those things look like?
那些碎片大概長什么樣
Witness lists, interviews, anything to do with Lola Jensen,
證人名單面談,關于羅拉·詹森的一切
utility bills from when I was supposed to be at Harvard
我本該在哈佛時期間的對賬單
Wait, wait, wait. Slow down.
等等,慢點
Why are you writing this down? So I can remember it.
你抄著些干什么,免得忘了
And because we need a system.
而且我們也需要建立個系統
And because you've never done doc review before.
而且還因為你從沒做過文獻整理
I don't believe it.
難以置信
How you've been a legal secretary this long,
你是怎么做到做了這么久的法律秘書
and never have done doc review. I will tell you how.
還從沒做過文獻整理,那我告訴你
Because I'm the best damn person you've ever seen
因為我是你見過的最會讀懂人心
at reading people, anticipating needs,
最會預測需求
and generally dominating everything.
基本上能處理所有事的人
So, in this situation,
也就是說這件事上
you're going to be absolutely no help at all.
你完全幫不上忙
None whatsoever. I'm getting Rachel.
毫無辦法,我去找瑞秋
What's that?
那是什么
What does it look like?
你看像什么
It looks like something I don't have time for.
像我沒時間處理的東西
Well, make time.
那就擠點時間出來
Jessica, we've got a thousand boxes of shit to go through,
杰西卡,我們有一千箱垃圾要過一遍
and I've got trial in two weeks. What?
而且開庭就剩兩周了, 什么
That's right. The date's been set.
沒錯,時間已經定了
So I'm sorry that I can't have a doughnut with you right now,
所以抱歉我現在沒法陪你吃甜甜圈
but I've got something a little more important to deal with.
但我現在有稍比那重要點的事要做
Harvey, I understand, but our clients are being circled.
哈維,我理解,但我們客戶被盯上了
Our reputation's getting tanked,
我們的名譽在受損
and we're getting sent shit associates.
新律師應聘人也都差得不行
And Mike Ross is facing prison.
可邁克·羅斯面臨著牢獄之災
And you're handling one thing,
你只負責一件事
while I'm handling everything else.
而我要負責其它所有事
Jessica No, never mind, Harvey.
杰西卡,好了,別介意,哈維
It's clear that you really don't care
我明白你其實不在乎
about keeping this firm together.
這家律所是否分崩離析
I resigned to keep this firm together.
我為了讓律所不分裂都辭職了
Well, it sure doesn't seem to be working out that way,
但這好像沒有奏效啊
does it?
不是嗎
Great, I'll have my secretary set up a meeting for monday.
好的,我會讓秘書在周一安排一次會面
If that meeting's about your pro bono bullshit,
如果那是關于你那破公益訴訟的
cancel it. What?
取消掉,什么
You said it yourself, Jack.
你自己說過的,杰克
Other firms smell blood.
其它律所已經聞到血腥味了
Well, you don't get a shark to back off by playing nice,
友善不會讓鯊魚退卻
You do it by clubbing him in the face.
你得用棍棒打在他臉上讓他退卻
They come after our clients, we go after theirs.
他們挖我們的客戶,我們也挖他們的
Clients aren't the ones writing editorials
《華爾街日報》寫報道的
for "The Wall Street Journal", Jack.
可不是客戶,杰克
You want to poach an attorney.
你要挖來一個律師
I wanna poach a whole goddamn department.
我要挖來一整個部門
That is definitely another way to go.
這可是完全不同的一個選擇啊
It's the only way to go,
這是我們僅有的選擇
because if we didn't do what we're saying we didn't do,
因為如果我們不去做那些我們說沒做過的事
this is what we do. I get it.
這就是我們的下場, 我明白了
You're trying to convince the world we're innocent.
你要告訴外界我們是清白的
Jack, I don't give a shit if my enemies think
杰克,我不關心我的敵人是否認為
I'm innocent or not.
我是無辜的
I give a shit whether they think they can take me down,
我只關心他們是否認為自己能擊敗我
which is why I'm not going to cower in some pro bono corner,
這就是為什么我不去忙著做公益訴訟
trying to convince them that I'm friendly.
來向他們表現自己的友善
I'm going to kick some ass,
我要主動出擊
and remind them that I'm fierce.
讓他們重溫我的兇猛
There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you.
你在這里啊,我到處找你
Rachel, we need your help. Where have you been?
瑞秋,我們需要你的幫助,你跑到哪里去了
With Anita Gibbs.
跟安妮塔·吉布斯在一起
What? How did you let that happen?
什么,你怎么能跟她會面
Because she ambushed me on the street,
她在街上守著我呢,拿著一份文件
with a document that said our conversation
聲明我們倆的談話
would be inadmissible.
不會作為證據
And if she did that is because
她這么做不就是
she didn't want to talk to you,
為了套你的話
she wanted to get in your head.
她想套你的人
Mike, I know what she wanted to do.
邁克,我知道她打算干什么
What did she say?
她怎么說的
She said that she could get you into Columbia,
她說她能讓你上哥倫比亞大學
and that you could be a lawyer after all this is over.
在這一切平息之后你可以成為一名律師
Rachel, she's lying
瑞秋,她在撒謊
You think I don't know that?
你覺得我看不出來嗎
Well, we've already been over this.
我們已經討論過了
The only way she is gonna help us is if we help her
只有我們背叛了哈維和杰西卡之后
put Harvey and Jessica away.
她才會幫我們
Yes, Mike, I know that, but we didn't go over the part
邁克,這個我知道,但是我們沒有討論過
where I don't get into the bar because I took the Fifth.
我沒有坐牢的原因是我引用了第五修正案
Oh, goddamn it!
我的天哪
This is exactly why I wanted Harvey to be there.
這就是為什么我希望哈維在場
She got into your head. She didn't got into my head.
她果然套住你了, 她沒有影響到我
She dangled our dream in front of me,
她把我們的夢想吊在那里誘惑我
and I know that we can't have that.
我知道這個我們不能拿
It doesn't mean I can't handle this.
但這并不意味著我不能掌控局面
It doesn't seem like you're handling it.
看情形你好像并沒有掌控局面
I am. You're crying.
我有掌控, 你哭了
No. I'm releasing my emotions so that I can persevere
不,我釋放我的情緒是因為我承認它的存在
instead of denying them and losing my mind.
而不是否認它進而失去理智
Which I can't do today,
我今天不能失去理智
because I have a meeting with the Dean.
因為我跟院長有個會面
Now, I came in here to be alone
現在,我一個人到這里
so I can deal with my shit,
是為了單獨處理這些爛事
so if you don't mind, I would like to be alone
所以你別介意的話,讓我一個人待會兒
so I can deal with my shit.
讓我自己處理這些
Hey, did you find something in the discovery?
你搜尋到什么結果了沒有
Yeah, sure as hell did.
當然有
I just discovered that Gibbs picked up Rachel.
我發現吉布斯跟瑞秋見面了
What? She arrested her?
什么,吉布斯逮捕她了嗎
No, she pulled up to the curb with some document.
沒有,她拿份破文件在路邊等著她
I don't give a shit what she pulled up with.
我不關心她拿了什么狗屁文件
Rachel should know not to go with her.
瑞秋應該明白不要跟她接觸
Yeah, and that would've been an excellent thing
是啊,她的律師應該告知她這個
for her lawyer to tell her, except her lawyer wasn't there.
除非她的律師不在場
Excuse me? You promised me
什么,你向我保證過
that you would be with her every step of the way.
你在法律程序的每一步都會跟她在一起
I promised I'd represent her at a deposition,
我保證過我在取證的時候會跟她在一起
not babysit her 24 hours a day.
不是全天24小時做她的保姆
Maybe instead of getting mad at Rachel, it is time for us
也許我們不應該為瑞秋的事抓狂了
to figure out how to go after Gibbs.
我們應該想想怎么對付吉布斯
This again. Yes, this again.
又來這個,對,又是這個
I told you she was gonna go after Rachel, and now she has.
我跟你說過她會找上瑞秋的,現在找上了
And I told you if you're gonna go after someone,
我也告訴過你如果你打算對付誰
you better knock them out.
你最好直接把他踢出局
Then you better figure out a way to knock Gibbs out soon,
那你最好找到一個把吉布斯踢出局的方法
because if you don't, I will.
因為如果你不做,我去做
Louis.
路易
What are you doing here? What?
你在這里干什么,怎么了
You thought you could lie to my face and get away with it?
你覺得你可以當著我的面撒謊然后就完了
I never lied to you. Really?
我從來沒有對你撒謊,真的嗎
Because you swore
因為你發誓你不會
you wouldn't come forward about that email,
繼續跟進那封郵件
but you did.
但是你食言了
And you you're pulling this associate shit.
現在你又給我這么幾個新人提名
I didn't come forward. They found me.
我沒有主動站出來,是他們找到我的
And I'm not pulling any associate shit.
而且新人的事也不是我搞的
Then what do you call this pathetic excuse
那你怎么解釋這份
of a candidates list?
悲催的候選人名單
I call it inevitable.
我覺得這是自然而然的
Because our students can read.
因為我們的學生識字
The editorial. Yes.
那篇報道,是的
The editorial.
那篇報道
So you're not sending us sludge.
所以你沒有抹黑我們
Louis, I'm not doing anything.
路易,我沒有做什么
Your firm is being investigated
你的律所正在被
by the U.S. Attorney's office.
聯邦檢察官辦公室調查
And no one is going to risk their career on a place
沒有人會把自己的職業生涯搭進一個
that may not even exist in a month.
不到一個月就要倒閉的地方
They might, if you convince them to.
他們會的,如果你去說服他們
Louis, I can't do that. Sheila, please.
路易,我這么做的,希拉,求求你
I came here once before, hoping for a second chance
我之前來過一次,懇求得到第二次機會
and you wouldn't give it to me.
你并沒有給我
What does that have to do with this?
那跟這事有什么關系
Because if we'd gotten back together then,
因為如果當時我們在一起了
I wouldn't even be at the firm now, but I am.
我就不會在這家律所了,但我還在那里
And it's all I have.
那是我的所有了
I understand you not giving me a second chance then.
我能理解你不給我第二次機會
But I'm begging you...
但現在我再次懇求你
Give my firm one now.
給我的律所一次機會
Louis, even if I wanted to, it won't work.
路易,就算我愿意幫你也沒用
You don't know that. Yes, I do.
你怎么知道沒用, 我就是知道
Because they're going to ask me if I think it's a good idea
因為他們會問我去皮爾遜斯佩克特利特工作
For them to work at Pearson Specter Litt, and I don't.
是否明智,而我知道答案是否定的
Sheila Louis.
希拉, 路易
Please don't ask me to lie to them.
請不要讓我對他們撒謊
What are you doing?
你要干嘛
I'm just wondering if you're gonna stay in here
我想著你你是不是要在這里待一整天
going over stuff all day.
一直看這些材料
What else would I be doing? Going to the ball game?
那我還能干什么,去看球賽
I don't know, Harvey,
我不清楚啊,哈維
I thought maybe you'd be doing something to get Anita Gibbs
我以為你會在想辦法讓安妮塔·吉布斯
to back off Rachel.
放過瑞秋
Donna, she threatened to go to the bar.
唐娜,她威脅說要去找律師協會
It's a bullshit hypothetical that she couldn't do
那簡直是胡扯,沒有瑞秋的證詞
until after Rachel testified.
她是不能這么做的
Which is after the trial starts,
那也是要等到上庭了
and that's what I'm goddamn working on.
這才是我現在正準備的事情
Harvey, all I'm saying is
哈維,我只是想說
that when Mike gets worked up about something,
邁克在為事情做準備的時候
he doesn't tend to make the best decisions.
他不一定能做出最好的決定
Well, if he doesn't work on the discovery,
如果他不為調查證據做準備的話
he's gonna go to jail, so...
他就要去蹲監獄了,所以
What do you want me to do? I don't know, Harvey.
你讓我怎么辦, 我不知道,哈維
But you better at least go talk to Anita Gibbs,
但你至少得去找安妮塔·吉布斯談談
because Mike gave you a warning loud and clear.
因為邁克已經明確告訴過你了
If you don't do something, he will.
如果你不行動的話,他來
Jack, I don't often come outside for my coffee,
杰克,我一般不出來喝咖啡
but when I do is because I'm feeling the need
但是我出來了就說明我覺得我有需要
for a little alone time.
一個人靜靜
Well, I came out here because I knew you wouldn't want
我出來是因為我知道你不想讓
anyone hearing what I have to say.
任何人聽到我接下來要說的話
Are you here to tell me you can get the job done?
你是來告訴我你能搞定的嗎
No, I'm here to tell you if you want me to get it done,
不,我來是告訴你如果你想讓我把事情搞定的話
you're going to have to open your wallet.
那就要破費了
I'm not paying you more money,
我不會多付你錢
just to get you to poach a department.
就為了讓你挖個墻腳
I'm not talking about me.
我說的不是我
I'm talking the Real Estate Division of Baker Hostetler.
我說的是貝克·豪斯特勒律所的房地產部門
How much do they want? Double what they're making.
他們想要多少,現在的兩倍
Are you insane?
你瘋了嗎
That's what broke Dewey Ballantine.
杜威·巴蘭坦就是這么被拖垮的
You can't have two classes of partners.
你不能同時有兩班合伙人
Then we can't poach a department,
那我們就不能挖部門了
because they're the only ones even willing to come here,
因為考慮到目前的狀況
considering what's going on.
他們是唯一愿意來的
Then make the offer.
那就開條件吧
And let me have my goddamn coffee in peace.
讓我安安靜靜地喝完我的咖啡
Ms. Scott,
斯科特女士
there's a Harvey Specter here to see you.
有位哈維·斯佩克特先生找你
He says it's urgent.
他說有急事
Send him in.
讓他進來
I don't believe it.
真不敢相信
You have some balls pretending to be Harvey to get in here.
為了進來說自己是哈維,你膽子還真不小啊
Well, you did call me "Baby Harvey" once.
你是叫過我"小哈維"來著
I don't give a shit what I called you.
我才不管以前叫過你什么
Get out! Now! Scottie, Scottie, please.
出去,馬上, 斯科特,斯科特,求你
Listen, I knew you would never agree to see me,
聽著,我知道你肯定不會見我的
and I need to talk to you.
但我得跟你談談
About what?
談什么
I need someone to bring an action
我需要有人來對付
against Anita Gibbs' sister. Are you insane?
安妮塔·吉布斯的妹妹,你瘋了嗎
Listen to me. She's not just coming after me.
聽我說,她不光是沖著我來的
She's coming after my fiancée. I don't care.
現在連我的未婚妻也不放過,我不在乎
If I do that, I might as well call the woman up,
如果我真幫了你,還不如給那女人打個電話
and tell her that I'm in on your whole bullshit too.
直接告訴她你那一通狗屁里有我一份功勞
We get someone from your firm Not to mention
那就從你的律所里挑個人,更不用說
I told Harvey that I never
我跟哈維說了
even wanted to hear your name again.
我連你的名字都不想再聽到
He didn't tell you about that, did he?
他沒告訴你,是吧
Well, I guess he hasn't changed,
那我猜他也沒變
because he didn't tell me about you
因為他也沒有告訴我你的事
until it was too late either.
直到一切都為時已晚
So I am sorry about your fiancée,
所以你未婚妻的事我很遺憾
but I need you to go now.
但現在請你出去
Scottie, this woman is not gonna stop
斯科特,這女人不得到她想要的東西
until she gets what she wants.
是不會停的
And what she wants is Harvey.
而她想要的,正是哈維
So I'm not asking you to do this for me and Rachel.
所以我不是求你為了我和瑞秋
I'm asking you to do it for him.
而是求你為了他
Is that an invitation to your bar mitzvah?
你成人禮的請柬嗎
Because I'm busy that day.
我那天可沒空
It's a motion to have you sanctioned
是一封因你非正當聯系證人
for improperly contacting a witness.
而對你申請制裁的動議
I didn't improperly contact anyone.
我可沒有非正當聯系任何人
Oh, bullshit.
胡說
You got Rachel Zane alone so you could
你和瑞秋·贊恩單獨見面
offer her a deal to turn on me.
就是為了勸她告發我
And there's nothing wrong with that.
可那并沒有什么不對啊
You listen to me.
你聽我說
You've been pulling shit like this You denied my client access to his attorney,
這件事一開始你就一直在
you fabricated charges against Donna,
然后又針對唐娜進行虛假指控
and now you're tampering with a witness.
現在又來干擾證人
And all witness tampering would do is hurt my own case,
干擾證人對我的案子有百害而無一利
and why on god's green earth would I do that?
我到底究竟是為什么要這么做
Why did you just say?
你剛說什么
I said you're insane if you think that
我說你真是瘋了才會覺得
No, you said, "On god's green earth,"
不是,你剛說"到底究竟"
which is exactly what that editorial said.
跟那篇文章上寫的一模一樣
I remember because I thought,
我記得是因為我當時還想
"What person under 80 uses that phrase?"
"這種詞不是八十歲朝上的人才用的么"
Well, looks like I found her.
看來我找到她了
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說些什么
You sure as hell do, because you planted that goddamn thing.
你當然知道,因為整件事都是你一手策劃的
You have any proof?
有證據嗎
No, you don't.
你沒有
But even if I did plant that,
就算真的是我一手策劃的
it would only have been
那也肯定是因為
because there's no way that one of you
你們不可能不知道
did not know what was going on.
到底發生了什么事
And until one of you admits that,
除非你們中有人承認
I'm going to take apart your firm brick by brick.
不然我就會一點一點整垮你們的律所
So you want to file that thing? You go ahead.
你要是真想遞交那動議,隨你
It's not going to stop me for one second.
這根本就阻止不了我
Rachel, please.
瑞秋,請
Have a seat. Thank you, Dean.
請坐,謝謝院長
I have to say I've so been looking forward
我得說我真的很期待
to my first student review.
我的第一次學生回訪
And ever since your first interview here,
自你的第一次面試起
you've done nothing but impress me.
你就給我留下了很深的印象
Which is why I'm sorry to have to bring this up now.
這也正是為什么提出這件事我非常遺憾
Bring what up?
提出什么
The fact that your last LSAT score was significantly higher
你這次的法學院入學考試分數比之前的
than your previous ones.
要高出很多
That is because I studied
那是因為我這次
incredibly hard the last time.
學習得超級努力啊
Did you study hard?
是你努力學習
Or did your fiancée study hard for you?
還是你的未婚夫替你努力學習了
You think Mike took the LSAT for me?
你覺得入學考試是邁克替我考的
I think he's been indicted
我覺得他還得被控
for more serious crimes than that.
比這更嚴重的罪名
And now there are allegations
況且還有指控說
that he's taken the LSATs for people.
他有過替考法學院入學考試的前科
I can't believe this. I took that test myself.
真是難以置信,那考試是我自己考的
And I have a responsibility to protect
但我有責任保護
the reputation of this university.
這所大學的聲譽
And how exactly are you proposing
那你要怎么做
to protect that reputation?
來保護這所謂的聲譽
By expelling any dangers to it.
開除任何危及本校名譽的人
Unless, of course, for some reason
當然了,除非,基于某些原因
these allegations against him are dropped.
這些針對他的指控被撤銷了
Anita Gibbs called you, didn't she?
安妮塔·吉布斯打給你了,是不是
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在說什么
I'm simply giving you the courtesy of letting you know
我不過是出于禮貌告訴你
that if I have to choose between your future and this university's,
假如我得在你的前程和本校的未來間做出選擇
I'm not choosing you.
我不會選你
Well, then, please, tell Ms. Gibbs
那么拜托,告訴吉布斯女士
thank you for the courtesy.
謝謝她的禮貌之舉
Scottie, what are you doing here?
斯科特,你在這里干什么
I can't believe you sent him to me.
我簡直不敢相信你派他來找我
Sent who? Oh, don't give me that.
派誰,別和我玩那套
The last time you came to me,
上次你來找我
you said it was because Mike made you.
你說是因為邁克讓你來的
Well, this time, you made him.
這一次,你讓他來
I didn't made him do anything.
我沒讓他干任何事
Well, then, you taught him well, because he came to me
那么你把他教得不錯,因為他來找我
and pulled on my heart strings
和我玩攻心戰
to get me to do something for you,
以便讓我幫你做事
but this time the answer is no.
但這一次,我拒絕
I am not going after Anita Gibbs.
我不會去對付安妮塔·吉布斯的
Scottie, I would never ask you to do something like that.
斯科特,我絕不對讓你去做這種事的
That's funny, because you asked me to throw a case
那就有趣了,因為你曾讓我放棄一個案子
to keep Mike from getting caught.
以保護邁克不被抓
Throwing a case doesn't put a target on your back.
放棄一個案子是不會讓你成為靶子的
If you really wanted to keep a target off my back,
假如你真的不想讓我成為靶子
you never would've told me about Mike in the first place.
你一開始就不會告訴我邁克的事
Scottie, I didn't tell him to do that.
斯科特,我沒讓他那么做
Well, then, I guess you two are having the same problem we did.
那我猜你倆之間的問題和我們當初的一樣
You don't talk to each other.
你們互相不溝通
Since you chose him over me it's not my problem anymore.
但既然你棄我選他,那這事就和我無關了
I didn't chose him over you.
我沒有棄你選他
Yes, you did.
不,你有
And whether you choose to admit it or not,
而且無論你承不承認
it was Mike's secret that broke us up in the first place.
當初就是邁克的秘密害我們分手的
You let her in here without telling me?
你沒和我說一聲就讓她進來了
I was in the conference room, going over discovery.
我當時在會議室,翻看調查證據
What are you going to do?
你打算做什么
I don't know what I'm gonna do, but whatever it is,
我不知道我要做什么,但無論做什么
I'm gonna do it right now.
我都打算立刻動手
Harvey, calm down.
哈維,冷靜點
I'm not gonna calm down,
我才不打算冷靜呢
you told me to go after Gibbs
你讓我去對付吉布斯
to stop Mike from doing something stupid, and I did,
以防止邁克做出什么傻事,我去了
and all that did was waste our time like I said it would.
但一切就像我說的,都是浪費時間
Harvey. Gibbs is attacking Rachel,
哈維,吉布斯在攻擊瑞秋
the woman he loves.
他愛的女人
You of all people should be able to understand that.
所有人中你最應該能理解那一點
I don't give a shit.
我才不管
He had no right to go after someone I love.
他無權去找我愛的人的麻煩
Okay, you know what, Harvey?
好吧,你知道嗎,哈維
Mike is the one on trial here, not Scottie.
要受審的是邁克,不是斯科特
And all he did was ask her to do something.
而他所做的不過是求她辦些事
So maybe the thing that you're really upset about
所以也許你真正生氣的是
is that she was right.
她說得沒錯
Well, how did it go?
怎么樣了
We've known each other a long time, Jack,
我們認識很久了,杰克
and I'd really like to help,
我也真的很想幫忙
but it's not gonna happen.
但我幫不了
You said if I could get them double
你說過假如我能讓他們出的錢翻倍...
I said it would take at least double just to get me to ask.
我說的是至少得翻倍我才好開口去問
I did, and they laughed me out of the room.
我問了,然后他們笑得讓我待不下去
What if I could get you more?
假如我能搞來更多錢呢
There's no number that's going to get them
無論花多少錢都無法讓他們
to come to Pearson Specter
投向皮爾遜斯佩克特
because they don't believe there's gonna be a firm to come to.
因為他們不相信這家律所能存活下去
Then why did you ask to meet me here?
那你為何還要約我來這里見面
Because after I asked them about your offer,
因為在我向他們提過你的提議之后
I asked them about mine.
我還問了他們我的提議
What are you talking about?
什么意思
I told them a former fraternity brother of mine,
我告訴他們我有一個前兄弟會兄弟
who happens to be a kickass lawyer might be looking for a change.
他恰好是一名也許想另尋良機的厲害律師
You're offering me a job?
你在給我提供一份工作嗎
Jack, Pearson Specter's a sinking ship.
杰克,皮爾遜斯佩克特日是艘下沉的船
We've taken on some water.
我們是進了些水
You've taken on an ocean.
你們那是進了一海洋的水
Why the hell would you wanna stay there?
你到底是為什么想留在那里
I'll tell you why.
我會告訴你為什么的
Because if that ship sinks,
因為假如那艘船沉了
I'll find myself another job.
我會再找到一份工作
But if it doesn't,
但假如它沒沉
I have the chance to be one of the captains.
我就有機會成為船長之一了
If I come to you now,
假如我現在就投奔你
I'll never be more than a lifer.
我一輩子就只能干這個了
As my friend, tell me I'm wrong.
作為我的朋友,告訴我我錯了
You're not wrong.
你沒錯
Don't tell me they printed out a special evening edition on us too.
別告訴我他們為我們也特別印了一份晚報
Not yet.
還沒
I read it,
我讀了
by the way,
順帶一提
on the flight up to Boston.
在飛去波士頓的路上
And did it fire you up?
你有被那篇文章氣到嗎
Pissed me the hell off.
快給氣死了
You couldn't get it done with Sheila, could you?
你沒辦法搞定希拉,是不是
Jessica, she didn't send us the candidates on that list.
杰西卡,那張單子上的候選人不是她選的
They were the only three that even asked to be submitted,
而是只有他們三個提交了申請
and it was because of bullshit like that.
就因為那張報紙上的屁話
People are scared to come here. They are.
大家都不敢來這里了,的確
I tried to get Sheila to make them unafraid, but I couldn't.
我試圖說服希拉安撫他們,但我失敗了
That's all right.
沒關系
It's all right, Louis. It's not your fault.
沒關系的,路易,這不是你的錯
Once word got out about Mike
一旦邁克的事泄露出去
this was bound to happen.
這種事注定會發生
What I learned from hiring Mike
從雇用邁克這件事上我學到了一點
was that not all great lawyers went to Harvard.
那就是并非所有的好律師都上過哈佛
What are you saying?
你的意思是
I contacted Stanford, Yale,
我聯系了斯坦福,耶魯
Columbia, Penn, and all the rest...
哥倫比亞,賓大,以及其他所有...
top 20 law schools.
前20的法學院
I officially opened up the doors to Pearson Specter Litt.
我正式打開了皮爾遜斯佩克特利特的大門
I know how much you hated to do that, Louis,
我知道你有多不情愿這么做,路易
but sometimes we need to do what we have to...
但有時我們不得不去做一些事...
to survive.
來生存
Is there anything else I can do? No, there isn't.
我還能做些別的什么嗎,沒有了
Right now, we just need to get through this trial,
現如今,我們只需要挺過這場庭審
and pray to god that Harvey gets
并向上帝祈禱哈維能幫
Mike goddamn Ross off the hook.
邁克·熊孩子·羅斯脫罪
You're doing dishes.
你在洗碟子
So?
所以呢
So you hate doing dishes,
你恨洗碟子
which means something's wrong.
這意味著出問題了
Nothing's wrong.
沒什么問題
What's going on?
發生什么事了
I don't even know if I should say it,
我都不知道自己該不該說
because the last time I did you got so mad.
因為上次我說了之后你暴跳如雷
You thought I was gonna leave you.
你以為我要離開你
And you say you want me to share things with you,
你說你想讓我向你傾訴
but I don't know if you do,
但我不確定你是不是真心的
because when I do
因為當我傾訴了
you seem to get so upset that I...
你就也變得特別沮喪,讓我...
I get it. You want to talk about making a deal.
我懂了,你想說做交易的事
I don't know what I wanna do.
我不知道我要做什么
I just...
我只是...
She said that she could get you into Columbia,
她說她能把你弄進哥倫比亞大學
and you're right.
而你說得很對
It got into my head.
這話說到我心里了
Rachel, we've been over this.
瑞秋,之前她就這么說了
She was lying.
那是在撒謊
That was before I knew she was able to get to the dean.
那是在我知道她能指使院長之前
What are you talking about?
你說什么
I had my meeting with him today,
今天我和院長見面了
And I thought he was going to tell me
我原本以為他要和我說
how well I've been doing, and instead...
我做得有多好,可結果...
He threatened to expel me.
他威脅說要開除我
Okay.
好吧
Okay, thatthat doesn't mean that it was Gibbs.
好吧,但這并不意味著這是吉布斯干的
You weren't there. No, I wasn't there, all right?
你不在那里,我是不在那里,好吧
But it's not crazy to assume that they would question
但沒跟吉布斯溝通過得情況下
whether or not you knew about me without talking to Gibbs.
就來問你是否認識我也是合理的事
Is it crazy for them to mention a crime
那沒跟吉布斯溝通過得情況下
you haven't even been accused of without talking to Gibbs?
他們提到一項你沒被指控的罪名算不算合理
What? They said there are rumors
什么,他們說有流言稱
of you taking the LSATs for people
你替別人考法學院入學考試
And they're accusing you of doing that for me.
他們說是你替我考試
Well...At least now I know what I need to do.
起碼現在我知道該怎么做了
Harvey.
哈維
I know how we can stop Gibbs from pressuring Rachel.
我知道該怎么阻止吉布斯向瑞秋施壓了
Does it involve going to Scottie without telling me?
這包括不跟我說一聲就跑到斯科特那里嗎
Harvey. Goddamn it, you had no right.
哈維, 該死,你無權這么做
I had every right,
我當然有這個權力
because I knew Gibss would keep crossing lines,
因為我知道吉布斯會不斷越界
and that's exactly what she did.
而她之前就是這么做的
What are you talking about?
你在說什么
She manipulated the dean of Columbia
她讓哥倫比亞大學的院長
into threatening to expel Rachel.
威脅瑞秋說要開除她
Where's your proof?
證據呢
They accused her of having me take the LSATs for her,
他們跟她說是我替她考的法學院入學考試
and the only problem is, there's no record of me
唯一的問題在于,沒有任何記錄
ever having being accused of that.
顯示我有那么做過
The guy you saw in court.
是你在法庭上見到的那個人
Yes, his name is David Green.
沒錯,他叫大衛·格林
He must've told Gibbs about me,
他肯定和吉布斯說過這事
and then she used that
于是她利用這點
to get the dean to strongarm Rachel.
來讓院長威脅瑞秋
That's abuse of power.
這是在濫用權力
I told you, the only problem with that theory is,
我跟你說過,這個說法唯一的問題在于
David Green tells Gibbs about you,
只要大衛·格林跟吉布斯說起這事
and his career is done.
他的事業就完了
Then he must've told her anonymously.
那他肯定是向她匿名舉報的
Which doesn't help us, 'cause we still don't have
那也幫不了我們,因為我們還是沒有
any proof that she contacted the dean.
她聯系過院長的證據
No, we don't, but it wouldn't be that hard for me to get.
是沒有,但我要找出證據并不難
No, it could be a setup. It's too risky.
不行,這可能是陷阱,風險太大了
This whole goddamn thing is too risky,
這整件事的風險都很大
but right now Rachel's future is in jeopardy,
可現在瑞秋的前途危在旦夕
And if I have to risk tacking on a few years to save her,
為了她就算判多我幾年
is not even a close call.
都算不了什么
All right. Do what you have to do.
好吧,盡管去做吧
Just don't get caught.
別被抓就行
You're knocking.
你敲門了
That means it's either bad news or you want something.
這說明如果不是有壞消息就是你別有所求
I couldn't get the department. Don't tell me.
我搞不定那個部門, 別跟我說這個
They said we're in no position to poach anybody.
他們說我們已經沒有能挖人的地位了
That's exactly what they said,
在給我一份工作之前
right before they offered me a job.
他們就是這么說的
So you're here to tell me you took it.
所以你是來跟我說你接受了嗎
I'm here to ask you if you want me to take it.
我是來問你想要我接受嗎
What the hell difference does it make what I want?
我想不想能有什么區別
Jessica, when I left Boston, people said I was a traitor
杰西卡,當我離開波士頓時,別人說我是叛徒
and that I thought I was too good for my own hometown.
于是我覺得我的才華在家鄉得不到施展
Well, it wasn't true.
事實并非如此
But I knew the real test for me
而我明白真正的考驗
wasn't making it in my own hometown.
并不是在家鄉大展身手
It was making it in the toughest city
而是在這座環境最艱險的城市
in the world, and as far as I'm concerned,
開創事業,就我所知
I haven't done that yet.
我還沒做到
You want to be made name partner.
你想成為冠名合伙人
I wanna know if it'll ever even be on the table.
我想知道你能不能讓這事發生
I could say yes to that right now,
現在我就能給你肯定的答案
but how would you know you could trust me?
可你怎么知道你能相信我
I have no other choice.
我別無選擇
And how do I know I can trust you?
我又怎么知道自己能相信你
What's this? You know what it is.
這是什么, 你知道是什么
It's what Daniel Hardman has on you.
這是丹尼爾·哈德曼手里關于你的把柄
Now you have it too.
現在你也有了
David Green.
大衛·格林
What are you doing here?
你在這干什么
So you do remember me.
看來你確實記得我
Of course I do.
當然記得
You're the guy we're prosecuting.
你是我們正在起訴的人
The fake lawyer.
那個冒牌律師
Oh, I'm more than that and you know it.
我的能耐可不止如此,你懂的
What are you talking about?
什么意思
You hired me because I'm smart.
你當年雇我是因為我夠聰明
What you don't know is that I have a photographic memory,
可你不知道的是我有過目不忘的能力
which means I have your drivers license number
這意味著我七年前就記住了
from seven years ago memorized.
你的駕駛證號
Not that it matters, because I also made a copy.
這也算不上什么,因為我有復印件了
Like I made a copy of all my clients' licenses.
我把所有客戶的駕照都復印下來了
That doesn't prove anything.
那也證明不了什么
Maybe not, but I also remember every answer I put down
或許吧,可我同樣記得那104個問題
on a 104 question test.
我是如何作答的
If that's not proof, I don't know what is.
如果那都不算證據,世上就沒證據了
What do you want?
你想怎樣
I want proof that Anita Gibbs' pressuring the dean of Columbia
我想要是安妮塔·吉布斯讓哥倫比亞大學的院長
to expel Rachel Zane.
開除瑞秋·贊恩的證據
I can't do that. Yes, you can.
我沒法這么做,你可以的
Okay, they went to law school together.
好吧,他們在法學院是同學
There's your connection.
這就是他們的聯系
Circumstantial public record not good enough.
公共記錄這種旁證可沒什么用
I do what you're asking and get caught,
如果被人抓到我幫了你
and my career at the U.S. Attorney's office is over.
那我就沒法呆在聯邦檢察官辦公室
I give what I have to the D.A.,
如果我向地方檢察官檢舉此事
and your career as a lawyer is over.
你就沒法當律師了
If you do that, you only implicate yourself.
這樣做只會連累你自己
Yeah, maybe you didn't notice, asshole,
是啊,可能你還沒注意到,混賬
but I'm already on trial, and now you're coming
我已經被審了,如今你卻找
after the woman I love.
我愛的女人的麻煩
And the truth is you don't deserve to practice law.
事實就是你不配做律師
Maybe I don't either, but she does.
我或許也不配,但她配
And, believe me, when it comes to this,
相信我,當事關這件事時
I really don't give a shit about me or you.
我才不管你我死活
And what if I can't find what you're looking for?
如果我找不到你想要的東西怎么辦
You know what, David?
這么說吧,大衛
You might not have been smart enough to get 178 on the LSATs,
你或許還沒聰明到能在法學院入學考試拿178分
but I'm pretty damn sure you're smart enough to do that.
但我很確定你不會蠢到那事都干不了
What's this? That's what you're gonna sign.
這是什么,你要簽的東西
This says you're dropping a charge
上面寫了你們要撤銷一項
of malicious prosecution in exchange for
對我誣告的訴訟,以交換
me admitting a sanctionable offense.
我承認進行了不當侵權
And for backing the hell off going after Rachel Zane.
并且放棄傳喚瑞秋·贊恩
Is this a joke? No.
這是開玩笑嗎,不
And neither is getting the Dean of Columbia Law
讓哥倫比亞法學院院長來給你做臟事
to do your dirty work.
也不是開玩笑的
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你們在說什么
You know exactly what we're talking about.
你很清楚
And unless you want us to tell the world
除非你想讓我們告訴全世界
that you intimidated a witness
你勾結法學院老朋友
by colluding with your old law school buddy,
恐嚇證人
you're going to sign that.
你就得簽了那個
You don't have a shred of proof
你們沒有任何證據
that I had anyone do anything.
證明我讓任何人做了任何事
I have a copy of an anonymous tip sent to you,
我有一份給你的匿名舉報的副本
saying I took the LSAT for people,
說我代人考法學院入學考試
and a record of a phone call from your office
還有一段十分鐘后從你辦公室打給
to the Dean of Columbia ten minutes later.
哥大院長的電話的錄音
That's no proof of anything.
那什么也不能證明
It's proof enough for us to sue Dean Herrick
那證據足夠我們
for every penny he's ever made.
為赫里克院長賺得每分錢起訴他了
You think when we get him in a deposition
你覺得等我們把他送上證人席
he isn't gonna crack?
他不會開口嗎
You think you're pretty smart, don't you?
你們覺得你們很聰明是嗎
Smart enough to outwit a U.S. Attorney.
夠贏個聯邦檢察官了
And if we can do it here, what makes you think
如果我們在這兒能贏你,你憑什么覺得
we won't be able to do it in court?
我們沒法在法庭上贏呢
Because court is not about bullshit like this.
因為法庭跟這些廢話無關
It's about facts.
那里要講事實
And the fact is, you're not a goddamn lawyer.
事實是,你不是律師
You have it done.
你把事情解決了
How'd you know? Because you're doing
你怎么知道的,因為你
that puffy chest thing you do
把胸挺得很高
when you feel really good about yourself.
你每次自我感覺特別良好時都那樣
I do not do a puffy chest thing.
我不挺胸的
Yes, you do. And relax,
你會的,別緊張
because I love you and your chest.
因為我愛你,也愛你的胸
Well, I love you and your chest.
我也愛你,和你的胸
Oh, that came out wrong.
那句錯了
Seriously, I meant your mind.
真的,我是想說你的頭腦
Your brilliant legal mind.
你聰慧的法律頭腦
Well, if it wasn't for you and your brilliant legal mind,
如果不是你和你聰慧的法律頭腦
I might not be in law school right now.
我現在也不會在法學院里
No, II understand that a lot of them already
不,我理解他們很多人都準備好了
Okay, well, if anyone wants to
好,如果有人想要
No, I see. I see.
不,我明白,我明白
Maybe next year.
也許明年吧
Bye.
再見
Louis.
路易
I need to talk to you for a second.
我得跟你聊一聊
What now?
又是什么事
Jack Soloff wants to know
杰克·索羅夫想知道
if we'll someday consider making him name partner.
我們會不會有天考慮讓他做命名合伙人
Why the hell would we do that?
我們為什么要那么做
Because I sent him to poach a department
因為我讓他去挖墻腳
and instead they offered him a job.
結果對方給了他份工作邀請
I get it.
我明白了
Nobody wants to come here, so your answer
沒人想來,所以你的辦法就是
is to give our inhouse enemy
給我們屋檐下的敵人
the promotion he's always wanted.
他夢寐以求的升職
Louis, you're the one who wanted me to do it before.
路易,以前是你最想讓我這么做
And you talked me out of it.
但你勸住了我
Because you were right.
因為你是對的
Just like you used to be right about everything.
就像你以前總是對的
But now it seems like you're wrong about everything.
可現在你好像總是做錯事
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
你這話什么意思
I just heard back from the last of those 20 schools.
我剛接到那20所學校里最后一所的消息
And it turns out they have a lot more in common
結果是他們跟哈佛的意見一致性
with Harvard that we thought, because none of them
比我們想得要強多了,因為他們
wants to do anything to do with us
都不想跟我們扯上關系
because our leadership sucks.
因為我們的領導糟透了
You watch yourself, Louis.
小心你的語氣,路易
I don't need to watch myself.
我不用小心
I need to light a fire under your ass.
我需要在你屁股底下點把火
because our future is slipping away,
因為我們的未來要溜走了
and offering Jack name partner
而給杰克命名合伙人地位
or praying to god that Harvey
或是跟上帝祈禱哈維
just gets Mike off the hook
能把邁克的案子擺平
isn't going to stop it from happening.
都沒法阻止這事發生
Okay, Louis.
好,路易
You want to do something more than pray,
你想做點祈禱之外的事
Harvey gets Mike acquitted,
哈維把邁克弄出來了
then you get your ass back up to Harvard
你現在就滾去哈佛
and you make sure Sheila doesn't show up to that trial.
保證希拉不會出現在庭審上
Hi, Donna.
唐娜
Is there, um...
有...
Is there something I can help you with?
有什么我能幫忙的嗎
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry
我只是想說我很遺憾
about what happened with the dean.
為院長那件事
And I'm glad that Mike took care of it.
我很高興邁克解決掉它了
Thank you.
謝謝你
I'm sorry that...
我很抱歉...
that I didn't come to you with this whole thing,
我在整個過程中都沒來看你
But II...
但我...
They were pressuring you to turn on Harvey
他們在給你施壓,要你背叛哈維
and based on our last conversation,
而以我們上次對話情況看
you didn't think I was the right person to talk to about that.
你不認為我是討論那事的合適人選
As usual, you're right.
一如既往地,你是對的
Rachel, I got upset because I didn't want to think
瑞秋,我生氣是因為我不愿去想
about what I do if I have to choose
我必須在哈維和我爸爸間做選擇時
between my dad and Harvey.
會怎么做
Because this whole situation sucks.
因為這整個情況都糟透了
And we may have to make hard choices,
我們可能得做很艱難的選擇
and I want you to know that no matter what you do,
而我想告訴你無論你做什么
you're my friend.
你是我的朋友
And I will always love you.
我會永遠愛你
I will always love you too.
我也會永遠愛你
Thank you for coming.
謝謝你能來
I only came here because I don't want you
我來只是因為我不希望你
or Mike Ross or anyone else from this firm
或邁克·羅斯或者這律所的任何人
showing up at my firm ever again.
再出現在我的律所
So what can I do for you?
所以要我幫你做什么
I was thinking about what you said
我在想你說的
about me not admitting things to myself
我不會跟自己承認真相的話
and I wanted to talk to you about it.
而我想聊聊
Why?
為什么
I wanted you to know the truth.
我想讓你知道真相
And what exactly is the truth?
真相又是什么
Our relationship didn't end because of Mike.
我們分手不是因為邁克
It ended because I wasn't ready to confront
而是因為我沒有準備好
what was wrong with me,
面對自己的問題
and I don't know if I'll ever be ready, but...
我不知道我是否能準備好,但...
I've been seeing someone, and I wanted to tell you about it.
我在見心理醫生,我希望告訴你這事
And why does it matter that I know that?
我知不知道有什么價值呢
Because if I ever get out of this in one piece,
因為如果我能安然渡過這件事
I want to know if is okay to call you again.
我想知道能不能再聯系你
Harvey, it's always okay to call me.
哈維,你永遠都可以聯系我
I've actually been going to therapy myself,
我自己其實也在見心理醫生
and I don't know where I'll be
我也不知道整件事結束后
when this whole thing is over.
我會走到哪一步
But I do hope that you get out of this thing in one piece.
但我非常希望你能安然渡過
Excuse me.
打擾下
Hi, excuse me. I, uh
抱歉,我...
I'm not sure if you know who I am
我不確定您是不是認識我
I worked here for two months, Rachel.
我在這里工作過兩個月,瑞秋
I know who you are.
我知道你是誰
I justI wanted to say that I know
我只是,想說我知道
that you got caught in the crossfire.
你被扯進了這場較量
And I know how that feels.
我知道那種感覺
And I just wanted to say I'm sorry.
我想說我很抱歉
Thank you. You're welcome.
謝謝你,沒關系
Rachel.
瑞秋
Have you thought about what may happen when this is all over?
你有想過這一切結束后會怎么樣嗎
You mean if Mike goes to jail.
你是說如果邁克進了監獄
I mean even if he doesn't.
我是說就算他沒進
What are you talking about?
什么意思
Even if he is acquitted, there is an excellent chance
就算他被判無罪,這也是個絕佳的機會
he will be thrown out of the bar
讓他被撤銷執照
and never be able to practice law again.
永遠無法執業
It wouldn't matter, because Mike is prepared
那不重要,因為邁克已經準備好
to never practice law again anyway.
永遠不再執業了
And sometimes people think they're prepared
有時人覺得自己準備好了
and they're not.
但其實他們沒有
I don't understand.
我不懂
Rachel, Mike is going to have to watch you do
瑞秋,邁克得看著你去做
what he dreams of doing,
他夢想的工作
and if he's anything like Harvey,
如果他跟哈維有一點相像的話
he probably thinks he can do it better than you.
他可能會覺得他能比你做得好
And there is a possibility
那就有可能
that he might resent you for it.
他會為此怨恨你
I appreciate the advise.
我感謝你的建議
But Mike is not like that.
但邁克不是那樣的人
Then I'm sorry I overstepped my bounds.
那我很抱歉我說話過界了
Louis.
路易
What are you doing here?
你在這里干嘛
We've been over this.
我們已經談過了
There's nothing I can do
我沒什么可做的
I'm not here about the associates.
我不是為了那個律師來的
I need you to take this.
我需要你收下這個
What's that? It's a ticket to Argentina.
那是什么,這是去阿根廷的機票
I need you to go there until the trial is over.
我需要你去那兒待到審判結束
And why would I do that?
我為什么要那么做
Because the prosecution has no power to subpoena you there.
因為你在那兒,傳票就沒效力了
Let me get this straight. You want me to flee the country,
我來說清楚,你想讓我逃出國去
so you can protect yourself.
好讓你保住你自己
I want you to flee the country so you can protect yourself.
我想讓你逃出國去,保護你自己
Louis Sheila, you take that stand
路易, 希拉,你去出庭作證
and you're gonna say things that hurt us,
就會說出傷害我們的話
which means Harvey is going to say things that hurt you
就意味著哈維會說傷害你的話
and I will not be able to handle that.
而我沒法承受那個
The truth isn't gonna hurt me, Louis.
事實不會傷害我,路易
Isn't it true, Ms. Sazs, that while you claim
賽斯女士,當你聲名
no one had unauthorized access to the Harvard file room,
沒人能在未授權狀態下進入哈佛檔案室
there were times you were derelict in your duties?
你是否犯了失職之錯
I've never been derelict in my life.
我一生從未失職
Then how does that explain the fact that there's a man
那怎么解釋就在庭上
in this courtroom that had unauthorized access
就有一名未被授權
to that very room?
卻曾進入的人呢
Louis, please. Was it because you had
路易,拜托,是因為你跟那人
a relationship with that man?
有過一段感情嗎
A relationship that ultimately failed?
一段最終未能成正果的感情
That's not relevant?
那跟... 案情無關嗎
It's more than goddamn relevant!
關系大了
Because when he broke up with you,
因為他跟你分手時
you started this vicious rumor to get back at him.
你開始散布這惡毒的流言來攻擊他
That's a lie. Those are all lies.
那是謊話,都是謊言
It is a lie that you had sex with that man,
你跟他發生性關系
and left him alone in the supposedly
還把他一個人留在
impenetrable Harvard file room?
本應不許進入的哈佛檔案室,也是謊言嗎
Louis, this could cost me my job.
路易,這會讓我丟掉工作
Goddamn it! Harvey is not gonna care.
該死,哈維根本不在乎
No.
不
It's not a lie.
那不是謊話
And if you did that with him...
如果你讓他進去了
why should we believe
我們為什么要相信
you didn't do that with others?
你不會讓別人進去
I'm sorry.
對不起
Sheila, I'm only trying to protect you.
希拉,我只是想保護你
If you really wanted to protect me,
如果你真想保護我
you wouldn't tell Harvey those things in the first place.
一開始就不會告訴哈維這些事
He's gonna want me to tell him.
他會希望我告訴他
Anything I know that would help.
任何我知道的能幫上他忙的事
You asked me to not make you lie.
你讓我不要逼你說謊
Please, don't ask me to lie to him.
那求你,不要逼我對他說謊
Okay, louis.
好,路易
I'll go.
我走
What are you still doing here?
你還在這里干什么
We've still got a trial coming up.
我們還有個審判呢
I'm gonna make any headway on my defense,
我要做好全面的辯護準備
I need to get going.
我得走了
Your defense?
你要辯護
Yes.
是的
My defense.
我來辯護
Are you saying what I think you're saying?
你是在說我覺得你在說的話嗎
Because there's an expression about that.
因為對這事一直有個評價
It says, "If you're thinking it, you're a fool."
就是"你要那么想,那你就是蠢貨"
You heard her. She said,
你聽到了,她說的
"The fact is that I'm not a goddamn lawyer."
"事實就是我不是律師"
Well, the only way to change that fact is for a jury
那唯一改變那個事實的辦法就是
to see me being a goddamn lawyer.
讓陪審團看到我是個律師
You try that, all they're gonna see
你要那么做,他們看到的就只是
is someone going to prison.
要進監獄的某人
That's bullshit. I can handle her.
那是胡話,我能搞定她
You've never even gone through
你都沒參與過
a criminal trial before.
刑事審判
Oh, yeah, and when was the last time you did?
是的,那你上次參與是什么時候
How many years ago was it?
幾年前了
I don't believe it. You think you're better than me?
難以置信,你覺得你能比我強
This isn't about who's better.
跟誰強沒關系
It's about who's better for this case.
重點是誰對這案子更有利
And my life is on the line.
是我命懸一線
If I go down because of my call, I can take it.
如果我因為自己的行為栽了,那我認栽
If I go down because of yours, I can't.
如果是你讓我栽了,我沒法認
This isn't just your life. This is all of ours.
這不光是你的命,是我們所有人的
Well, like I said,
那就像我說的
it's my call and I'm making it.
這是我的事,我要處理它
I'm sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打擾你們
This isn't over.
這事還沒完
I just finished going through discovery
我剛看了一遍調查證據
and we have a problem.
我們有麻煩了
What is it?
什么麻煩
They found Trevor.
他們找到了特雷弗,離線緩存收藏