日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 影視英語 > 美劇學習 > 紙牌屋 > 美劇紙牌屋第三季 > 正文

美劇紙牌屋第三季(MP3+中英字幕):第11集:外交政策

來源:可可英語 編輯:sophie ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼可進行跟讀訓練
  下載MP3到電腦  [F8鍵暫停/播放]   批量下載MP3到手機

Over 20 years?

20多年的
Thirty?
30年呢
Forty?
40
How about fifty? Fiftyfive.
50年呢,55年
Fiftyfive years.
55年
And what is your name ma'am?
你叫什么,女士
Agnes. Yeah I think you mean Saint Agnes.
艾格尼絲,是圣徒艾格尼絲吧,
Yes. Yes I do.
是的,沒錯
Well Francis and I are only halfway there
弗蘭西斯和我的婚姻才到那一半的年頭
but I bet you know your husband as well as you know yourself.
但我打賭你對你丈夫就像對自己一樣了解
Am I right? Yes I do.
我說得對嗎,對,是這樣,
Well I know Francis Underwood.
我了解弗蘭西斯·安德伍德
I know what keeps him up at night.
我知道什么讓他夜不能寐
And I'm sure it's the same thing that keeps your husbands up too.
我確信那原因跟你們的丈夫一樣
The future. How can I ensure a better future for my family?
是未來,我要怎么保證家庭的未來更美好
Except... Francis as President...
但是,弗蘭西斯,作為總統...
his focus is on the progress of all American families.
他的目光關注著全美國的家庭
You know what he said to me last night?
你們知道他昨晚跟我說什么嗎
He said "Claire my entire presidential agenda it's very simple.
他說"克萊爾,我整個總統工作目標很簡單
I want to be able to look every single American in the eye
我想看著每一個美國人的眼睛
and know that I have made their lives better."
知道自己讓他們過得更好了"
Yes.
請講
I have to say Mrs. Underwood
我得說,安德伍德夫人
I find you very charming.
我覺得您很有魅力
And you seem quite honest.
看起來也很誠實
But I have trouble believing
但我無法相信
that your husband truly cares about people.
您丈夫真的關心人民
Well Francis Underwood is a good man.
弗蘭西斯·安德伍德是個好人
He's dedicated and generous.
他甘于奉獻,慷慨大方
And I have 28 years of proof.
我有28年的真實經歷為證
And I can honestly say even if I wasn't married to him
而我可以說,即使我沒嫁給他
he would definitely have my vote.
也會投票給他
Thank you.
謝謝你
Negligence. Nepotism.
瀆職,任人唯親
Misappropriation of federal funds.
侵吞聯邦基金
A foreign policy fiasco and loose with the truth.
外交政策失敗,還有隱瞞事實
What do these five fingers have in common?
這五根指頭共同指向哪里
Francis J. Underwood.
弗蘭西斯·J·安德伍德
Mr. King I would like to respond to that.
金先生,我想回應一下
This is a man who believes in the rule of lawish.
此人卻藐視法律
The legislative processish. The Constitutionish.
不顧立法程序,罔顧憲法
Is this the man who should be president?
這樣的人應該當總統嗎
Ms. Dunbar like any good lawyer
鄧巴女士,你像個好律師那樣
you have a knack for rhetoricish.
有絕佳的辭令
But the American people are tired of words.
但美國人民聽夠空話了
What they crave is action.
他們渴望的是實際行動
My concern about focusing on the word "Action"
我擔心我強調"行動"這個詞
is that she'll just come back with failed actions.
她會用失敗的行動回擊
America Works the UN mission.
美就法,聯合國維和任務
"Action" performed well with key demos in our last poll.
"行動"在上輪民調的關鍵人群中反響不錯,
Yes but doesn't this take us off message?
是,但這不會偏離主題嗎
We have been saying "A vote for Frank Underwood
我們一直說,"支持弗蘭克·安德伍德
is a vote for America Works."
就是支持美就法"
That's what we've been running on.
我們一直在說那個
You need a word that goes beyond America Works.
你得找一個美就法之外的詞
Something that can be used for anything.
任何情況都能用的
Remy what do you think?
雷米,你怎么看
We're talking about the word "Action."
我們在討論"行動"這個詞
Sorry I was uh...
抱歉,我剛剛...
my mind was on the foreign policy argument.
我在想外交政策的爭論
I was just thinking ahead. What about "Vision"?
我想提前考慮好,"愿景"怎么樣,
Isn't that too generic?
不會太泛泛了嗎
That's what we want. I mean the more generic the better.
就是這目的啊,越概括越好
People can project anything they want on "Vision."
人們可以把任何事扯到"愿景"上
I'll get it polled before tomorrow.
我明天之前做好民調
We should work on Sharp next.
下面該準備與夏普的辯論了
You want me to play her?
要我扮她嗎
Thank you for taking your role so seriously Donald.
謝謝你這么認真扮演,唐納德
You should consider a career on the stage.
你應該考慮當演員
Because he sure as hell isn't gonna be on my ticket.
因為我是肯定不會選他的
You're good at this. They loved you.
你做這個很厲害,她們都喜歡你
Three decades of campaigns you learn how to read an audience.
競選三十年,就知道怎么觀察聽眾了
Selfpromotion gives me hives.
我受不了自我推銷
Honestly I don't know how you do it.
說真的,真不知你怎么做到的
I'm promoting my husband not myself.
我是在推銷我丈夫,不是我自己
That's a convenient way to spin it don't you think?
這借口真方便啊
Are you always this blunt?
你一向說話這么直白嗎
I only have two days to tag along.
我只能再隨行兩天了
Mind if I ride with you since we have so little time?
介意我跟你一車嗎,我們時間挺緊的
I need to make some calls. Maybe we'll find some time later.
我得打幾個電話,也許以后吧
Remy you were distracted earlier. What's going on?
雷米,你之前走神了,怎么回事
Nothing. Everything's good.
沒什么,都很好
I need you on your Agame Remy.
我需要你拿出最佳表現,雷米
This debate could make us the frontrunner.
這場辯論可能幫我們領先
It's just between the campaign and managing the White House
只是又要競選,又要管理白宮
I'm a little burnt out.
我有點精疲力盡了
We still have months to go. A year before the general.
我們還有好幾個月要忙,普選前還有一年
It's temporary. I'll get past it.
只是暫時的,我會好起來
If you can do it I can.
你能做到,我也能
Gavin?
嘉文
Hello Douglas. What do you want?
你好,道格拉斯,你想怎么樣,
You still can't believe she's dead can you?
你還是不肯相信她死了,對嗎
Well you shouldn't. 'Cause she's not.
你不該信,因為她沒死
She's alive and I know exactly where she is.
她還活著,我知道她的確切住址
I've known for a while.
我早就知道了
What? Look on your laptop.
什么,看你的電腦,
No you... you showed me the picture.
不可能,你給我看過照片
Of her body. That wasn't her.
她尸體的照片,那不是她,
I forged it all so you'd lift my passport lock.
全是我偽造的,好讓你給我的護照解鎖
Well I'm out now Doug.
我已經逃出來了,道格
And I'm safe. But my friend isn't.
我很安全,但我朋友仍有危險
Talk to Green.
去找格林
Get him the same deal you got me all charges dropped.
給他拿到跟我一樣的協議,撤銷所有起訴
You do that and I'll tell you where she is.
你照做,我就告訴你她在哪
Hey Meechum. Sir.
密查姆,先生,
Mr. President.
總統先生
Thank you for coming all the way to Andrews.
感謝你趕來安德魯空軍基地
Did Remy walk you through the broad strokes?
雷米跟你說過總體方針了嗎
No matter the policy question foreign or domestic
不論是政策,國際或國內問題
we hammer Dunbar's lack of experience.
我們都抨擊鄧巴經驗不足
We bludgeon it.
要抓住這點不放
We cannot say "lack of experience" enough.
盡可能地強調"經驗不足"
And no doubt she'll bring up Claire's recess appointment
毫無疑問,她會提起克萊爾休會任命一事
where I can't take the bait so I leave that entirely to you.
我不能發表看法,所以這個話題就交給你
This was one of the things that I was hoping to discuss.
這正是我希望跟你討論的問題之一
Oh you don't want to call her "sexist"?
你不想說她性別歧視嗎
The argument doesn't hold. It does hold.
這論點站不住腳,能站住腳,
She says that Claire was unqualified.
她說克萊爾不勝任那個工作
You say she wouldn't say that about a man with the same CV.
你說如果是男人有同樣的履歷她就不會這么說
I'm not sure that's true.
我覺得這未必
And calling another woman sexist
而且指責另一位女性性別歧視
when there's a man on the stage
特別是臺上還有一位男性
And who else is better but you
沒有比你更合適的人選
to call her out on what she's done for women
指責她在女性問題上
which is absolutely nothing?
根本無所作為
Whereas genderequality legislation is one of your hallmarks.
而通過立法促進性別平等是你的標志之一
But it could hurt me more than it hurts her.
但這對我的傷害可能遠大于對她
I thought we had an understanding.
我以為我們已達成共識
You were gonna play pit bull while I play presidential.
你咄咄逼人,我保持氣度
Will you get a little bloody? Yes probably.
你會惹火上身嗎,對,有可能
But that's what people want in their debates.
但這不就辯論的目的嗎
And then you and I together we bury her.
然后你與我攜手,我們一起埋葬她
You drop out next week endorse me
再下個星期你退選,轉而支持我
and the race is over.
競選就此結束
I have no problem being forceful.
我不介意當打手
But this sexism thing and the whole school argument I
但這個性別歧視,還有擇校的問題
You mean her kids.
你是說她的孩子
I really don't want to involve them.
我真的不想把他們扯進來
We have two things we want the American people to hear:
有兩點我們希望美國人民知道
she lacks experience
她經驗不足
and she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.
還有她含著金鑰匙出生
But there has to be another way.
但肯定還有別的方法
She wants to trumpet an equal playing field?
她想鼓吹同一起跑線
Then why does she send her own kids to private school?
那她為什么還送自己的孩子上私立學校
That is a clear and simple argument
這是一個簡單清晰的觀點
that everyone can get their heads around.
所有人都能明白
And it doesn't hurt
而且加分的是
that Iowa's biggest employer is the public school system.
愛荷華州最大的雇傭單位就是公立學校系統
Alan sends his kids to private school.
艾倫也送他的孩子上私立學校
Yeah but they're not your kids.
對,但他們不是你的孩子
They're my stepkids. And that makes me a hypocrite.
我是他們的繼母,我會被攻擊為偽君子
Is that really what you're concerned about?
這才是你真正在意的嗎
Being a hypocrite?
被稱為偽君子
It's my family.
這事關我的家人
Oh trust me they'll understand
相信我,等他們踏入了白宮
the moment they step into the White House.
他們就會理解你的
Jackie I really shouldn't have to convince you
杰姬,我想我不需要說服你
to do what it takes to get a set of keys.
該如何登上權利的頂端
I'll be the pit bull Mr. President.
我會咄咄逼人的,總統先生
Thank you Jackie.
謝謝你,杰姬
Are we all clear? The press has boarded sir.
準備好了嗎,媒體已經登機,先生,
All right make sure no one sees her. Yes sir.
好,確保沒人看到她,是,先生,
Flight time to Des Moines today will be two hours...
今天飛往得梅因將用時兩小時
Such a pity how much ruthless pragmatism
真是可惜,她的堅決務實
gets weighed down by family values.
被家庭價值觀拖了后腿
Without her doctor and his pimplyfaced brood
要是沒有她那位醫生和滿臉粉刺的孩子
she could soar as high as this plane.
她本可以一飛沖天
Oh I know the marriage was my idea. Don't remind me.
我知道讓她結婚是我的主意,不用你提醒
Doug.
道格
You okay? Yeah. I'm all right.
你沒事吧,我沒事,
What did you get locked out or something?
怎么了,被鎖在門外了嗎
I felt the need to drink.
我之前想喝酒
I got this far and I stopped myself.
我走到這兒,然后阻止了自己
Okay.
好吧
I wanted you to see it.
我想讓你看到
That I could control it.
我可以控制自己
You wanna go back up?
你想回去嗎
Yeah.
好,
I know it looks crazy.
我知道這看起來很嚇人
But I had to do it.
但我必須那么做
Why?
為什么
There was this girl... before the injury.
有個女孩,我受傷之前認識的
She left me. So I started drinking.
她離開了我,然后我開始酗酒
I tried to shut her out
我試過忘記她
but I just kept checking my emails my text messages.
但我還是忍不住去查郵件和短信
It needed to stop.
不能再那樣下去了
Who was she?
她是誰
You know what? That's okay.
算了,沒關系
Doesn't matter.
無所謂了
What matters is that you got pushed to the edge today
重要的是,你今天被推到懸崖邊
and you didn't fall off.
卻沒掉下去
You did what you had to do.
你做了你該做的
I don't judge you for it.
我不因此指責你
And I don't think it's crazy.
我也不覺得這嚇人
We could've met somewhere a little warmer.
我們本可以在暖和點的地方見面
Walmart wanted to knock this down build a store here.
沃爾瑪想把這片拆光,建起超市
But the community put a stop to it. I know.
但是被社區阻止了,我知道,
Because they wouldn't give a tax credit
因為他們不答應稅收抵免
unless entrylevel wages were higher.
除非最低工資標準提高
So which is better? A shitty job or no job?
一份糟透了的工作和沒有工作,哪個更好
Well I think I know your answer. Don't be so sure.
我想我知道你的答案,別那么肯定,
Jackie you have repeatedly
杰姬,你一再反對
opposed the minimumwage and CEO salary bill
我想讓領導層推行的
I asked the leadership to introduce.
《最低工資和高管薪酬標準法案》
I've put a lot of thought into it.
我考慮了很多
This community took a stand.
這個社區表明了它的立場
If enough of them do Congress won't have a choice but to act.
如果足夠多的人站出來,國會只能行動
Are we here to talk about legislation?
我們是為了討論立法而來的嗎
Because we both have a debate in six hours.
因為我們六個小時之后就都要參加辯論了
I want to endorse you.
我想支持你
I'll lay off you tonight. You and I attack Underwood.
今晚我不攻擊你,我們一起攻擊安德伍德
In three days I'll drop out and endorse.
三天后,我將退出并支持你
We haven't even had the first caucus.
我們還沒開第一次黨內會呢
You two are neckandneck.
你們倆勢均力敵
I have 14 points in Iowa twelve in New Hampshire.
我在愛荷華有14%新罕布什爾是12%
You get my people you have a clear win in both states.
你得到我選民的支持,就能在兩個州穩贏
My endorsement is valuable.
我的支持是很寶貴的
How much does Underwood value it?
那安德伍德有多看重呢
Highly. What did he offer you?
非常高,他開出什么條件,
I'm more interested in what you have to offer.
我更想知道你能開出什么價碼
Did he promise a cabinet position?
他保證給你內閣席位
More than that?
還不止嗎
He offered to put you on the ticket didn't he?
他要帶你一起競選,是嗎
I wouldn't expect to be on your ticket Heather.
我不指望你會帶我競選,希瑟
You need a Southerner with a penis.
你需要個帶把兒的南方人
I was thinking Secretary of Defense given my war record.
考慮到我的戰爭經驗,我想要國防部長
But I'd be open to other ideas.
但其他可能性我也愿考慮
I would love your support Jackie but I offer you nothing.
我想要你的支持,杰姬,但我什么條件也不開
But... this is an easy win.
但是...這能輕巧取勝
I'm not gonna start selling off cabinet positions
在入主白宮之前
before I've won the White House.
我不會出賣內閣席位
Those decisions will be based purely on merit.
這種決定應該完全按資質做出
If I'm gonna lock up this nomination for you
我要是幫你拿下了提名
I deserve to be compensated.
我應該得到報酬
I plan on winning Jackie. Just... not your way.
我想獲勝,杰姬,只是方法與你不同
And with or without your support.
不管你支不支持我
Then I'm sticking with Underwood.
那我可就跟安德伍德一條心了
You do what you have to do.
你做你該做的吧
Is Jackie in here?
杰姬在嗎
Hi Bob.
鮑勃
Sorry I'm late.
不好意思我來晚了
How did your surgery go? Terrible.
手術進行得如何,糟透了,
The patient almost didn't make it.
病人差點沒挺過去
But he's alive?
但是他還活著
She. And yeah. Stable condition.
是她,還活著,情況穩定了
It means so much to me that you came.
你能來對我意義重大
All done.
妝化好了
Do you like? It's good. Thank you.
還滿意嗎,很不錯,謝謝,
So how'd it go with? Thanks.
那什么怎么樣了,謝謝,
What'd she offer?
她開出什么條件
Nothing.
什么都沒有
Nothing at all? I know I was surprised too.
一丁點都沒有,我知道,我也很震驚,
It's foolish. She could lock this up.
太不明智了,她本可鎖定勝局
I have to say I almost... respect it.
我不得不承認,我幾乎心生敬意
Anyway you were right.
不管怎樣,你是對的
Stick with the devil you know.
忠于你了解的那個魔鬼
Are the kids watching tonight?
孩子們今晚會看辯論嗎
Yeah. They've got all their friends over at the house.
會的,他們把朋友都叫到家里了
Listen the ki
那個,孩子...
What?
怎么了
Nothing. How do I look?
沒什么,我看起來怎么樣
I'd throw you on that bed right now
我想現在就把你扔在床上
if it wouldn't mess up your hair.
可惜會弄亂你的頭發
Watch me prep.
看我準備吧
You can mess up my hair all you want after the debate.
辯論結束之后你想怎么弄亂我頭發都隨你
She's here. There she is.
她來了,她來了,
Quiet guys. Quiet guys. Here she comes.
安靜,安靜,她來了
Quiet quiet!
安靜
Thank you. Thank you. Hello everyone!
謝謝,感謝你們,大家好
Thank all of you so very much
非常感謝大家
for working so hard to make sure we take New Hampshire.
為我們能拿下新罕布什爾這么努力
It is field offices like this that win primaries
正是這樣的辦事處能讓我們贏得初選
and the president wants you to know
總統想讓大家知道
how much your dedication means to us.
你們的奉獻對我們來說多么重要
Thank you so much. Thank you.
真的感謝大家,謝謝
Now who's ready to watch a debate?
誰想看辯論
There is a large crowd here in Sioux City tonight.
在蘇城,人們齊聚一堂
I would say potential voters but of course here in Iowa
我想說潛在選民,但當然在愛荷華
citizens caucus instead of vote
市民們是通過黨團會議而非投票的方式初選
and many of the people here in this room
而今天到場的許多人
will be doing just that on January 15th.
都會參加1月15日的黨團會議
A CNN ORC poll has it as a tight race
一份CNN民意調查顯示
between the two frontrunners.
目前兩名領跑者的支持率不相上下
Heather Dunbar at 32 percent.
希瑟·鄧巴的支持率為32%
President Frank Underwood at 30 percent.
弗蘭克·安德伍德總統的支持率為30%
Congresswoman Jackie Sharp trails in third at 14 percent.
眾議員杰姬·夏普以14%排在第三位
Twentytwo percent remain undecided.
還有22%尚未決定
You can switch it.
你可以換臺
Really?
真的嗎
Unless you want to watch.
除非你想看
No I thought you would.
不,我以為你想看
It's your last night here.
這是你在這里的最后一晚
I want to spend it with my brother
我想和我哥哥一起度過
not Frank Underwood.
而不是弗蘭克·安德伍德
What do you want to watch instead?
那你想看什么
Anything. Whatever you want.
隨便,你想看的就行
promising universal employment
保證全民就業,
and on Israeli Palestinian relations...
而在巴以關系上...
Oh shit. Have you ever seen Contagion?
天,你看過《傳染病》嗎
No.
沒有
If you're a clean freak
如果你有潔癖
this'll definitely make you a germ freak.
這片子絕對能讓你更加潔癖
I love this movie. Go for it.
我愛死這部電影了,那就看吧,
Welcome to the first
歡迎來到CNN舉辦的
Democratic nomination debate hosted by CNN.
第一場民主黨提名辯論會
Our candidates tonight: Frank Underwood
今晚的候選人為,弗蘭克·安德伍德
Jackie Sharp and Heather Dunbar.
杰姬·夏普和希瑟·鄧巴
I'm John King and I'll be your moderator tonight.
我是約翰·金,今晚你們的裁判
Our debate will be divided in two parts
辯論分為兩個部分
the first part focusing on foreign policy
第一部分主要關于外交政策
part two focusing on the domestic agenda.
第二部分則著重于國內政策
And our format will be as follows:
辯論形式如下
I will ask one candidate a question.
我會向每位候選人提一個問題
That candidate will have one minute to answer.
候選人有一分鐘時間來回答
After that all of our candidates can engage in an open conversation
隨后,所有候選人可以進行五分鐘的
lasting for five minutes.
自由討論
We begin though with opening statements.
首先還要請各位候選人進行開場陳述
And by lottery it was decided
經抽簽決定
that President Underwood goes first.
先從安德伍德總統開始
Mr. President. Thank you. And good evening John
總統先生,謝謝,晚上好,約翰,
good evening to my fellow candidates
另外兩位候選人晚上好
and to the good people of Sioux City.
蘇城的好市民們晚上好
This nomination comes down to one word: vision.
這次提名歸根結底就是一個詞,愿景
I believe that I have shown a clear vision to this country
我相信我已經通過美國就業法案向全國人民
with America Works the most comprehensive jobs program
展現了我的愿景,近一個世紀以來
in nearly a century.
最全面的就業計劃
We showed it could work in Washington DC.
我們已經證明該法案在華盛頓取得了成功
We need now to take what we did there and spread it nationwide
現在我們需要將我們的成功推廣到全國
so that the American dream can become the American reality.
這樣美國夢就能真正美夢成真
But that vision isn't enough on its own.
但是光有愿景還不夠
You need someone with experience to make it happen.
你們需要一個有經驗的人來實現這份愿景
And between my time in Congress and now at the White House
考慮到我在國會和白宮的經歷
I have more experience than both of my opponents combined.
我的經驗比兩位對手加起來還要豐富
And uh when you hire someone for a job
當你考慮雇傭一個人的時候
are you gonna hire someone with 30 years' experience
你是會選擇有三十年工作經驗的人
or someone with less than ten
還是不到十年工作經驗的人
or someone with no experience at all?
還是完全沒有經驗的人
Where I come from down south
在我南方老家那邊
we call that as clear as a glass of moonshine.
我們管這種情況叫做顯而易見
Former Solicitor General Dunbar is next.
下一位發言的是前副檢察長鄧巴女士
Your opening statement please. Thank you John.
請您致開場白,謝謝,約翰,
And thank you Iowa.
也感謝愛荷華人民
Well I agree with the President.
我同意總統剛才所說的
Vision and experience are exactly what America needs.
愿景和經驗正是美國人民需要的
Unfortunately
不幸的是
he has the wrong vision and horrendous experience.
他擁有的卻是錯誤的愿景和糟糕的經驗
You can call America Works visionary but in truth
你可以說美國就業法案有遠見,但實際上
it is just an ultraconservative agenda
它只是一個存在了數十年的
that's been around for decades.
極其保守的議程
Dismantle the safety net and hang people out to dry.
破壞安全保障,讓人們自生自滅
As for the President's experience
至于總統先生的經驗
he was in the leadership during
他在領導層在任期間
one of the most ineffective decades in Congressional history.
正值國會歷史上最低效的時期之一
As president he has failed at everything he's done.
作為總統,他經手的每一件事都失敗了
America Works was illegal in the minds
美國就業法案在包括我在內的
of many legal experts myself included.
許多法律專業人士看來都是違法的
His Jordan Valley plan was a disaster.
他的約旦河谷計劃徹底失敗
If that's what you call experience
如果你把這些稱為經驗
you're not just padding the résumé you are fabricating it.
那你不僅是在美化履歷,而是偽造履歷了
President Underwood isn't presenting us with a vision
安德伍德總統并不是在向我們展示愿景
he is convincing himself of his own delusion.
而是在說服自己相信自己的妄想
Now my vision is to tackle corporate greed
我的愿景則是遏制大企業的貪婪
raise pay for those who need it most
為最需要的人們提高薪酬
and create jobs by growing the economy
通過刺激經濟增長制造就業
not robbing people of their retirement and health care.
而不是搶劫人民的退休金和醫保
My experience is 20 years defending the Constitution.
我的經驗是二十年捍衛憲法的經歷
You know when I take my presidential oath
所以你們能肯定當我宣誓就任總統時
I will mean every word of it.
我會遵守誓言的每一個字
Ms. Dunbar thank you. Congresswoman Sharp
鄧巴女士,謝謝,夏普眾議員女士
your opening statement please. Thank you.
你的開場陳述,謝謝,
As many of you know I am a US Army veteran.
很多人都知道我曾是一名美國軍人
Now I've seen firsthand the great sacrifices
我曾親睹我的戰友們
my fellow servicemen and women have made defending this country.
為守衛這個國家做出的偉大犧牲
But how can we ask them to protect a system
但我怎能讓他們去保衛這個
that isn't protecting us?
沒在保護我們的系統
Take women for example.
比如說女性
There are two women at this debate running for president.
這兒有兩名女性參與了總統競選
That's extraordinary. But out in the general workforce?
十分了不起,可是在普通工作場合呢
Women earn 77 cents on the dollar compared to men.
男性賺一美元而女性只能賺77美分
Even worse is minority women earning 67 cents on the dollar.
少數裔女性甚至只有67美分
Now Ms. Dunbar can talk about balancing the scales
鄧巴女士可以高談闊論縮小貧富差距
but she inherited a multibilliondollar fortune
但她繼承了億萬家產
and never had to earn any cents on the dollar.
從未需要去努力賺一分錢
Now I don't agree with everything
我不認同安德伍德總統
that President Underwood has done or proposes
所做或是提議的所有事
but at least he knows what it means to work for a living.
但至少他知道為生活辛苦打拼的滋味
I can give you even better than that.
我還能帶給你們更多
I know what it means to fight for a living.
我知道為生活斗爭的滋味
And I will fight for fairness here at home
我將在國內努力為公平而戰
just as fiercely as I fought our enemies overseas.
正如我當初在海外與敵人拼死斗爭
Thank you.
謝謝
Thank you Congresswoman.
謝謝,議員女士
Let's move to part one: foreign policy.
我們開始第一部分,對外政策
And the first question is for you Mr. President.
第一個問題是給您的,總統先生
Given the recent volatile events in the Jordan Valley
鑒于近期約旦河谷多變的形勢
do you still believe it was correct
您仍然認為集結
to assemble the United Nations coalition and to intervene
聯合國多國軍隊進行干預,是正確的決定嗎
or is it time now to call that intervention a mistake?
或者我們該承認此次行動是錯誤的
Well I will answer that question John
我會回答這個問題的,約翰
but I'd like to address first
但我首先需要反駁
something Ms. Dunbar said a few moments ago.
鄧巴女士剛剛說的一些話
America Works is not some stale old conservative agenda.
美國就業法案不是陳舊保守的議程
You name me one Republican
你能說出一個共和黨人
who has suggested using federal funds
曾建議我們拿聯邦基金
to guarantee jobs for every American
為每一個想要工作的美國人
who wants one and I will eat my hat.
提供工作,我就把帽子吃了
This isn't about dismantling government. It is about
這不是在踐踏政府,這是在...
Aren't we supposed to be talking about foreign policy?
我們不是該討論對外政策嗎
Yeah I will. But first I'd like to correct
我會談到的,但首先,我想更正一下...
Because it's easier to talk about America Works
因為談論美國就業法案
than to defend your indefensible UN mission.
比維護你站不住腳的聯合國行動更容易
At least I have a record to defend Ms. Dunbar.
至少我有可維護的過去,鄧巴女士
Speaking of your record Mr. President
說到過去,總統先生
you went on record saying you wouldn't run for president.
您曾公開表明不會競選總統
And yet here you are. John it seems that
可卻還是參選了,約翰,看起來,
your very thoughtful rules have gone out the window.
你精心制定的規則已經失效了
You have no respect for rules Mr. President.
您對規則毫不尊重,總統先生
Take FEMA for example.
比如聯邦應急管理局
Oh you want to talk about FEMA now
你現在要說聯邦應急管理局
instead of foreign policy.
而非對外政策了嗎
I am just following your lead sir.
我只是順著您的話往下接
See what a mess we get into
看我們在您的領導下
when we follow your brand of leadership?
陷入怎樣的混亂啊
Well I must admit that Ms. Dunbar
我必須承認,鄧巴女士
does have many years of experience
確實在辭令華麗的辯論方面
making rhetorical arguments in court.
有多年經驗
You've just seen proof of that today.
今天看到的就是最好的證明
But serving the American people is not about what you say
可是服務美國人民并非靠口頭上的功夫
it's about what you do.
而在于行動
And I would ask: what have you ever done?
我想問,你做了什么
I have to agree that Ms. Dunbar's lack of experience is a concern.
我同意,鄧巴女士經驗的缺乏令人擔心
I find it ironic that the president talks about
總統居然提起經驗的重要性
the importance of experience
諷刺的是
given the fact that he appointed his wife UN ambassador
他任命了毫無任何資質的妻子
despite her utter lack of credentials.
為聯合國大使
That's a sexist comment.
這是性別歧視
Excuse me?
你說什么
You wouldn't be making that argument
如果是一名女性總統任命自己的丈夫
if a female president had appointed her husband.
你肯定不會這么說
A husband with the same lack of international affairs experience
一個像克萊爾·安德伍德那樣
as Claire Underwood? Yes I would.
缺乏經驗的丈夫嗎,我還是會的
In fact it makes me question your advocacy for women in general.
事實上,這讓我質疑你對于女性的支持
Well that's ridiculous.
真荒謬
What have you done to further gender equality?
你在推動性別平等方面做過什么
What have you done to balance the scales?
你在縮小貧富差距方面做過什么
That's your slogan and yet
那是你的口號
you've left half of the population out of the mix.
可你卻無視了一半的人口
But that is simply not true.
事實不是這樣的
Can can you name one specific thing?
你能說出一件事嗎
Yes I can. Being a woman who has served as Solicitor General
當然,我是史上少有的
one of the few in the history of the court.
曾擔任過副檢察長的女性
Well that advanced your interests
這符合你個人的利益
but what did that do for 150 million women out there?
可那對于1.5億女性有什么用呢
The very fact that a woman can hold that position
身為女性能夠擔任這樣的職位
So you are a symbol. In a way yes I suppose I am.
所以你是一種象征,某種程度上我是,
Me and many other women including yourself
包括你在內的很多女性
Okay but how does that get us
可這樣能夠讓我們
from 77 cents on the dollar to 100?
從掙77美分變成一美元嗎
Real cents. Not symbolic cents.
真實的錢,不是象征意義的
Well now you're just aping the president's rhetoric.
你現在只是在模仿總統的說辭
Another sexist comment.
又是性別歧視
How could you possibly misconstrue my words?
你怎么可以這么扭曲我的話
I speak for myself.
我只代表自己
I am not aping the president or any other man.
我不是在模仿總統,或者任何男人
I'm sorry I won't engage with this
抱歉,我不會回應這種...
You know when things get tough on the battlefield
戰場上,戰事激烈的時候
we never say
我們可不會說
"Sorry I won't engage."
"抱歉,我不會回應(開火)"
We engage Ms. Dunbar.
我們做出回應,鄧巴女士
And you need to confront the fact
而你得面對這個事實
that you do not have women's best interests at heart.
那就是你并未把女性的利益放在心上
John this is getting out of hand.
約翰,這樣沒法收場了
All right then let's move on to the next question.
好吧,開始下一個問題
We are in the foreign policy portion of this debate.
現在的辯論主題是外交政策
Ms. Dunbar let me bring this question to you.
鄧巴女士,請允許我問你這個問題
You're critical of the president.
你不贊成總統的做法
You say it's indefensible what he has done in the Jordan Valley.
你說他在約旦河谷的所作所為完全站不住腳
But specifically what would you do differently?
如果換做是你,你具體會怎么做呢
Well John I'm glad you asked that.
約翰,我很高興你問了這個問題
Sending troops into the Jordan Valley
在我看來,把軍隊派往約旦河谷
I need to go back to the hotel.
我得回酒店了
isn't what I call diplomacy.
可算不上外交
Everybody Mrs. Underwood needs to leave us now.
各位,安德伍德夫人得走了
I really wish I could stay
真希望我可以留下來
but I have a very full day tomorrow.
但我明天的行程很滿
I should rest up. But again I want to thank you all
我得回去休息了,不過我想再次感謝所有人
for your hospitality and all of your hard work.
感謝你們的招待還有你們的辛勤工作
Thank you so much.
非常感謝各位
Good night everyone.
大家晚安
His trickledown diplomacy is another example of delusion.
他的滴入式外交政策只不過是又一個妄想
Mrs. Underwood.
安德伍德夫人
Oh you should go back inside with the volunteers
你該回去,跟志愿者待在一起
and have the full campaign experience.
感受競選的氛圍
I didn't come to New Hampshire for that.
我來新罕布什爾不是為了這個
I came to speak with you.
我是來找你談話的
Tomorrow maybe. My brain is a bit fried.
也許明天吧,我現在頭腦不清醒
Is it what Sharp said?
是因為夏普的話嗎
Why you don't want to watch anymore?
你為什么不想再看下去了
The sexist comment? Oh I honestly don't care.
那個性別歧視的發言,我不關心那個,
It's all spectacle.
那不過是一場表演
Who can get the most points right?
看誰能拉到更多支持率,不是嗎
Good night.
晚安
Now for part two of our debate: the domestic agenda.
現在進行辯論的第二部分,國內政策
And the first question goes to you Congresswoman.
第一個問題是給你的,議員女士
The President speaks of America Works.
總統提到了美國就業法案
Ms. Dunbar wants to raise minimum wage.
鄧巴女士想要提高最低工資
Talks about regulating executive pay.
她提到了控制高管薪酬
But a lot of people aren't quite clear
但很多人還不清楚
about your economic policy.
你主張的經濟政策
What specifically I underscore "Specifically"
具體來說,我特別強調"具體"
would you do if elected president?
你若當選總統會怎么做
Well I plan to do a lot. And we talked about this earlier.
我要做的有很多,這點我們之前已經談過
First and foremost
第一點,也是最重要的一點
I want to press for gender equality
我想推動男女平等
and close the salary gap.
消除薪資差距
If half of the working population
如果一半的就業人員
has more money in their pockets
能拿到更多的工資
that will catalyze spending which will grow the economy
這會刺激消費,促進經濟增長
which will in turn create more jobs.
最終創造更多就業機會
Mr. President what do you think of that?
總統先生,你怎么看
Oh I agree. I think that gender equality is very important.
我同意這種想法,我認為男女平等非常重要
And under my AmWorks program
在我主張的美就法中
there will be a provision that all AmWorks jobs
會有一項條款,美就法下所有的就業機會
there can be no discrepancy in pay between men and women.
都不能出現男女薪資不平等的情況
AmWorks jobs so that's the government.
美就法,這只是政府提供的工作
What about the rest of the private sector?
那其它的私人企業呢
Well I think we have to start by leading by example
我認為得先有榜樣
then we introduce legislation...
再著手立法...
Leading by example?
榜樣
If America Works is how you lead by example...
如果美國就業法案就是你所謂的榜樣
I'm sorry please let me finish my point Mr. Dunbar.
抱歉,請讓我說完,鄧巴女士
If that is how you lead by example
如果這就是你所謂的榜樣
then are we to assume that everyone should illegally
那我們是否要認為,每個人都要非法地
raid funds that they have no right to use?
占用他們不該占用的資金
Everyone should start robbing banks?
每個人都要去搶銀行嗎
Holding up liquor stores?
去打劫酒水店嗎
Now Ms. Dunbar with all due respect
鄧巴女士,無意冒犯
you can criticize my programs as much as you want
你可以盡情地批判我的計劃
but to accuse me of illegal activity
但要指控我違法...
One thing you can't deny is that I am much more of an authority
有一件事你無法否認,那就是在憲法上
on the Constitution than you are Mr. President.
我懂的比你多得多,總統先生
Ms. Dunbar all three of us on this stage
鄧巴女士,我們三個人
have taken oaths of office.
都曾進行過宣誓就職
I would have to say that we have all defended the Constitution.
我認為我們都捍衛了憲法
You don't have some special claim on the Constitution.
憲法不是你一個人的
The Constitution belongs to everyone in this room
憲法屬于在座的所有人
and every citizen in the United States.
它屬于美國的每一位公民
But I would ask Ms. Sharp
但我想問夏普女士
you voted in favor of dismantling America Works.
你投票同意廢除美國就業法案
Was that because you thought it was in fact
這么做是因為你認為該法案
as Ms. Dunbar says illegal?
如鄧巴女士所言,是非法的嗎
I voted for dismantlement because I wanted to make sure
我當時投票廢除法案,是因為我想確保
we were prepared for the hurricane
我們做好了颶風的應對工作
not because I thought your
而不是由于我認為
reading of the Stafford Act was illegal per se.
你對《斯塔福法案》的解讀是非法的
Honestly you think the president had a right to do what he did?
真的嗎,你認為總統有權做那種事嗎
It's an appropriations issue not a legal one.
這是撥款問題,不是法律問題
What about his character?
那他的人格呢
He basically walked into FEMA and said
他相當于直接走進聯邦應急管理局對大家說
up and show me where the vault is."
"舉起手來,告訴我保險庫在哪里" "Stick 'em
So now I'm a bank robber. Six Gun Underwood
我現在又成搶劫犯了,六搶·安德伍德
what they call me in South Carolina.
南卡羅萊納就這么叫我
I'm sorry but I do not find this funny.
抱歉,但我不覺得這有什么好笑的
I say you are a hypocrite.
要我說你就是偽君子
You claim to care about the ten million people out of work
你聲稱在乎那些一千萬失業人口
but you will steal their Disaster Relief Fund...
但你卻盜用了他們的賑災基金
This is an appropriations issue Miss Dunbar.
這是撥款問題,鄧巴女士
Social Security and health care.
社會保險和醫療福利
We put 50000 people to work in Washington DC.
我們在華盛頓特區創造了五萬工作崗位
Heather Dunbar wants to balance the scales
希瑟·鄧巴想要縮小貧富差距
to fix a broken system.
修復失衡的系統
And yet she sends her own kids to private school.
與此同時她卻送自己的孩子上私立學校
With money she never earned but which she inherited.
用的并不是她工作所得,而是繼承的遺產
Now it is easy to talk about the problems of the poor
出身顯赫,卻高談貧困問題
with a silver spoon in your mouth.
是站著說話不腰疼
Am I welloff? Absolutely.
我是否家境富裕,確實如此
So was FDR when he developed the New Deal.
羅斯福推行新政時也是如此
Since when does one's income determine one's amount of empathy?
從何時開始人的同情心開始由收入決定了
Would you send your kids to public school?
你會送你的孩子上公立學校嗎
Let's keep our children out of this.
不要再提及我們的孩子
You want your kids to have a head start
你希望你的孩子贏在起跑線上
to have an advantage over the kids in public schools.
勝過那些上公立學校的孩子
Lots of Americans of all ranges of income
許多收入水平各不相同的美國人
choose to send their children to private or parochial schools.
都選擇送他們的孩子上私立或教區學校
But isn't it true that you want your children
但你希望你的孩子比其他孩子
to have a leg up on everyone else?
更勝一籌,不是嗎
Is that balancing the scales? Or is that hypocrisy?
這是平衡差距嗎,還是虛偽
Or maybe it's that you didn't want to raise them yourself
或許,你是根本不想親自養育他們
so you sent them to boarding school.
所以送他們去上寄宿學校
You must really want to be president.
看來你真的很想當總統
I would never in a million years
我永遠都不會
bring up your children in a debate.
在辯論中提到你的孩子
The way you choose to raise them is your business.
你想怎樣養育他們是你的私事
Do I want the best for my kids? Yes I do.
我想給我的孩子最好的一切嗎,當然
I imagine you're the same way.
我想你也一樣
I hope you are.
我希望如此
Well I'm sure you're both excellent mothers.
你們兩位肯定都是很棒的母親
But perhaps we should get back to some
但也許我們該回到...
Congresswoman Sharp raised the issue of sexism earlier.
夏普議員女士之前提到性別歧視問題
Now it is an important point and we need to address it.
這是很重要的問題,需要進行討論
Sexism is wrong. The Congresswoman is correct
性別歧視不可取,議員女士說得沒錯
in saying that all aspects of it should be illegal.
不論何種形式的性別歧視都應被視為違法
And then she accused me of being sexist
然后她指責我批評克萊爾·安德伍德
for criticizing Claire Underwood.
是性別歧視
But wouldn't that same logic hold true for you Ms. Sharp?
但這個邏輯放到你身上不也成立嗎,夏普女士
Would you have come after my kids if I were a man?
如果我是男人你還會緊咬我的孩子不放嗎
Aren't you trying to paint the picture that I'm a bad mother
你不就是想把我抹黑成一個糟糕的母親
shipping my kids off to some farflung place?
把自己的孩子送去個偏遠的地方
Because you know if you can make me seem like a bad mother
因為你知道如果你能把我抹黑成一個壞母親
then how could anyone possibly support me?
不可能還會有人支持我
That's not hardball that is just disgusting.
這不是正面攻擊,這只讓人惡心
Well I have to say I do think Ms. Dunbar has a point.
我必須說我認為鄧巴女士說得有道理
I mean speaking of hypocrisy
說到虛偽
don't you send your own kids to private school
你不是也送自己的孩子上私立學校嗎
Congresswoman?
議員女士
Well that wasn't my point. I
那不是我的論點,我...
What was your point?
你的論點是什么
Well I was um...
我,
My... My point....
我的論點...
John I think I've said all I need to say on this subject.
約翰,我想在這個議題上我該說的都說完了
All right fair enough Congresswoman.
那好吧,議員女士
Next question goes to you Ms. Dunbar.
下個問題是問你的,鄧巴女士
Okay guys first poll is coming in.
好了,觀眾們,第一輪民調結果出來了
Most of them give Frank Underwood the win.
大多數都支持弗蘭克·安德伍德
Not by a lot.
但優勢并不明顯
But did he do enough to overtake Dunbar become the frontrunner?
但他所做的能打敗鄧巴,在競選中領跑嗎
George I don't think it's so much what Underwood did
喬治,我認為關鍵并不在于安德伍德做了什么
but what he didn't do.
而是他沒做什么
He remained presidential.
他保持了總統的氣度
And when the attacks came his way he held the high ground.
當他被攻擊時,他保持了風度
Now Dunbar and Sharp they came out swinging
鄧巴和夏普都出擊凌厲
and I think it hurt them both.
我認為這對她們都不利
Yeah but Sharp had to do something.
沒錯,但夏普必須有所作為
She's 20 points behind the other two.
她落后其他兩人20%
But the sexism thing? And going after Dunbar's kids?
但性別歧視的論調,還攻擊鄧巴的孩子
It seemed quite desperate.
感覺很孤注一擲
She did do some damage to Dunbar.
她確實對鄧巴造成了一些傷害
I don't know about that. Dunbar could've fared far worse.
這我不敢肯定,鄧巴的處境本可能糟
She took it on the chin held her own
她承受了打擊,也主動出擊
and in my opinion it was a tie.
在我看來這是平局
But bottom line does this debate change anything?
但最重要的是這場辯論會帶來什么改變嗎
Does it affect the caucus
這會影響黨團會議結果嗎
Does it affect the primary in New Hampshire?
這會影響新罕布什爾的初選嗎
We're still over a month out.
現在離投票還有一個月
And so a lot could change in this process
這段時間里還有很多變數
but I do think the momentum could shift in Underwood's favor.
但我認為現在的形勢對安德伍德有利
Let's not forget that it's remarkable that a sitting president
讓我們別忘記,值得注意的是,現任總統
isn't considered the frontrunner to begin with.
原本并非競選中的領跑者
That's an excellent point.
提得很好
No incumbent has ever had to fight back from this far...
從未有過現任總統,要從這么落后的位置往上拼
Yes? He said she's not picking up sir.
喂,他說她不接電話,先生,
Would you like me to have him knock on her door?
需要我叫他去敲她門嗎
No that's all right. Thank you.
沒關系,謝謝
You haven't said a word.
你什么話都沒說
Well you've been prepping for days.
你準備辯論幾天了
I thought you might want a break from talking.
我以為你想靜一靜
You're disappointed in me.
你對我很失望
That the kids got mentioned.
因為我提及了孩子
They're teenagers. They'll be fine.
他們還小,沒事的
Probably thrilled... that they got mentioned at all.
估計還很激動自己被提到了
If I'm disappointed in anyone
要說我對誰失望
it's him for throwing you under the bus.
也是對他把你往火坑里推失望
I gotta fly back with you tonight.
我今晚跟你一塊飛回去
Don't you have events tomorrow?
你明天不是還有活動嗎
This is more important.
這事更重要
What is?
什么更重要
Thank you all for coming in.
感謝大家前來
If you want to head out this door right here.
請從這邊出口出去
Thank you very much.
非常感謝
All right I'll give you some privacy.
好了,我就不打擾你了
This should only take 15 minutes.
大概只需15分鐘
So just holler out if you need anything. Thank you.
有需要就叫我們,謝謝你,
Pull up a chair. We can talk while this finishes up.
拿把椅子來,我們可以邊等邊聊
I should be doing this too.
我也應該獻個血
I'm sure we could get another lawn chair in here.
我相信我們能再給你拿把躺椅
I can't. I was a junkie once upon a time.
我不能獻血,以前有毒癮
What would you call this color? Scarlet isn't right.
你管這叫什么顏色,猩紅色不貼切
It's not crimson or maroon.
也不是深紅或褐紅
Carmine. Carmine?
洋紅色,洋紅色嗎,
You must be a writer.
果然作家就是不一樣
No I know that. But you know she always tells everyone
不,我知道,但你也知道她總跟別人說
she bakes them herself and I know she doesn't.
她都是自己烤的,但我知道肯定不是
That's local.
這是本地新聞
Thank you for your support. I'll see you when I get there.
謝謝你的支持,等我到了之后見
Is there some reason we couldn't do this by phone?
為什么我們不能在電話里談
This needed to be in person.
這需要當面談清楚
Yes but you canceled all your events.
是,但你把你的活動都取消了
I want to talk about the debate.
我想跟你談談辯論的事
You know it wasn't the home run we hoped for
雖然不是我們期望中的大獲全勝
but you did great Jackie.
但你干得不錯,杰姬
She spent half the debate on the defensive.
她一半時間都在防守辯護
I humiliated myself.
我讓自己難堪了
You got a little beat up that's all.
你只是受了點挫敗
And you threw the biggest punch.
而你下了最重的一拳
Oh you mean the thing about your kids?
你是說你孩子的事嗎
That wasn't what we discussed.
那不是我們說好的
I had to hit you hard so she wouldn't.
我得對你下重手這樣她就不會了
And besides we had to dispel any suspicion
再說,我們得打消
that you and I might be in concert.
關于我倆關系的猜疑
I'm not comfortable with the dynamic we've established.
我不喜歡我們現在的這種關系
What dynamic is that?
什么關系
The leash you have me on.
你拴著我得那條繩索
How I'm supposed to roll over and do any trick you want.
我得對你言聽計從
You're taking me for granted.
你是把我視作理所應當
What am I supposed to be uh...
不然呢,我該怎么著
appreciative of your lackluster enthusiasm?
感激你那乏善可陳的熱情
How fortunate I am to have you "Sort of" on my team?
你"算是"跟我一隊我有多幸運嗎
You're not "Happy" with our dynamic?
你不喜歡我們之間的關系
Well I'm not happy with your attitude.
我還不喜歡你的態度
If anything you're taking me for granted.
再怎么說,也是你把我視作理所應當
Sir We had a deal Jackie.
先生,我們有協定,杰姬,
And I am perfectly willing to hold up my end of the bargain.
我很樂意履行約定
But do not be under any illusions.
但別想錯了
This is not a partnership of equals.
這種合作關系并不平等
Nothing close to it.
完全不平等
If you are to be my Vice President you will do what I ask.
你要是想當我的副總統,就按我說的做
And we will not have this conversation
我們不能每次
every time you feel uncomfortable with what I ask you to do
你對我的要求有所不情愿,或不滿我的行為
or how I choose to conduct myself.
就要這樣爭辯一番
That's our dynamic.
這就是我們的關系
Are we still sticking to the timeline?
我們還要繼續按時間表來嗎
I'm sorry I couldn't quite hear you.
對不起,我聽不太清
Are we still sticking to the timeline? I drop out next week?
我們還要繼續按時間表來嗎,我下周退出
I see no reason why you shouldn't.
沒理由不這么做
Thank you Mr. President. See you in Iowa.
謝謝你,總統先生,愛荷華見,
Why did you change your hair back to blonde?
你怎么又把你頭發染回金發了
That's your burning question?
這就是你最想問的嗎
I'm curious.
只是好奇
How does that help the book?
這對書有什么幫助
Who knows? But right now I got nothing.
誰知道呢,但現在我什么靈感都沒有
We changed it because blonde polls better with the voters.
我們換回金發是因為選民更喜歡金發
We?
我們
There's a whole gaggle of people
有一群人
that weigh in on how you look and what you wear
來提議你的造型,穿著
whether an event calls for...
考慮活動需要什么
heels earrings no earrings.
高跟鞋,戴不戴耳環
You hate it don't you?
你不喜歡這樣,不是嗎
Campaigning?
競選
Everybody hates campaigning.
沒人喜歡競選過程
Except for the politicians. They feed off the energy.
除了政客,他們總能從中吸取能量
And their spouses.
還有從他們配偶那兒
You think Francis feeds off me?
你覺得弗蘭西斯在吸食我嗎
You are literally giving your blood.
你可正在獻血呢
Plenty of people give blood who aren't married to politicians.
很多配偶不是政客的人也獻血
Very few people campaign for someone who just fired them.
沒幾個人會幫剛炒了自己的人競選
He tell you that?
他告訴你的
He said he betrayed you.
他說他背叛了你
Three days later you change your hair back to blonde
三天后,你染回金發
and resign so you can quote "Devote yourself to the campaign."
然后辭職,以便"投入競選"
I did the math.
一想就明白了
You and Francis you've....
你和弗蘭西斯,你們...
We've what?
我們怎么
He's shared a lot.
他跟你說了很多
Does that bother you?
會困擾你嗎
Why would it?
為什么會
Another betrayal?
這也是背叛嗎
No.
不是
You're...
你...
Are you okay?
你沒事吧
Just a little lightheaded.
只是有點頭暈
Here. Thank you.
給,謝謝,
I was thinking.
我在想
About what?
想什么
Mrs. Underwood?
安德伍德夫人
Jumping.
跳下去
Jumping?
跳下去
You ever have that feeling?
你有過那種感覺嗎
Conversation? Which feeling?
談話時,什么感覺,
On a bridge you look over and...
站在橋上,向下看...
step back.
往后退
Do you need me to get someone?
要幫你叫人嗎
He proposed and I said...
他求婚了,我說...
I said seven years.
我說七年
If it's still good another seven.
七年后還行,就再七年
If not...
如果不行...
Every seven years.
那就等七年
I don't hate campaigning.
我不討厭競選活動
What I hate is...
我討厭的是...
how much I need us.
我有多放不下我們
How much you need each other?
你們有多放不下彼此
I didn't jump.
我沒跳下去
I didn't step back.
也沒后退
I didn't...
我沒有...
Mrs. Underwood?
安德伍德夫人
What happened? She passed out.
怎么了,她暈了,
Let me see. Mrs. Underwood?
我看看,安德伍德夫人
Can you hear me? Mrs. Underwood?
能聽到嗎,安德伍德夫人
So all these three girls they got a different papi or what?
這三個姑娘,爸爸不是一個人還是怎么
They got the blonde they got the redhead they got the brunette.
一個金發,一個紅發,一個黑發
And that's Petticoat Junction right? Sir?
這是《裙路口》的劇情吧,先生,
May we speak privately? Oh let me let y'all be.
能私聊嗎,那我走了,
You're in the middle of your story. Sir if you don't mind.
你故事正講到一半,先生,我想跟你私談,
Is it classified? No it is not.
是機密嗎,不是,
Then talk.
那就說
Jackie just stopped by my office. She's upset.
杰姬剛來我辦公室,她很沮喪
I think we need to take her views more into consideration.
我覺得我們該多考慮她的想法
She's being ridiculous.
她在無理取鬧
I think she made some valid points.
我覺得她挺有道理
Who do you work for me or her?
你為我還是為她工作
I'm just trying to communicate her concerns.
我只想轉達她的擔憂
She'd better get in line and so had you.
她最好照說照做,你也是
I'm never gonna win if I have to spend my time
如果總要費時間跟下屬解釋
explaining myself to my subordinates.
我是贏不了的
Look let me let you No no. Now Freddy sit down.
我還是走吧,別,弗萊迪,坐下,
Do you remember when we talked about how you treat your staff?
記得我們談過你是怎樣對待下屬的嗎
You want to win?
你想獲勝嗎
You sure as hell won't do it without any of them.
沒有他們,你絕對做不到
You keep on like this you won't have any of them left.
繼續這樣,他們都會離開你
Are you talking about loyalty?
你想談忠誠嗎
The only brand of that I accept is unconditional.
我只接受無條件的忠誠
Anything less is a Y'all should put this on payperview.
做不到就...這應該做收費節目,
But you. You a big guy. But this sucker
你個頭大,但這家伙
I've seen him go through a rack of ribs like it was wet tissue.
我見過他吃肋排狼吞虎咽的樣子
Who'd you put your money on?
你賭誰贏
Oh I'm not gonna fall into that trap.
我才不會上當
You. Sir? It's your wife.
當然是你,先生,您妻子出事了,
She passed out giving blood. What?
她獻血暈過去了,什么,
She's okay but uh Mr. Yates is on the line.
沒什么大礙,但耶茨先生打過來了
I'll take it in my private study.
我在私人書房接
Don't do no good callin' a man out like that.
你這么頂撞他毫無益處
It's like... blamin' a snake for having fangs.
這就像怪蛇有毒牙
I couldn't help myself.
我忍不住
Could you do me a favor? What's that?
能幫我個忙嗎,什么,
Cover for me. I got work to do and he needs company.
幫我打掩護,他讓我陪但我還有工作
Back at the ribs joint I could just walk back in the kitchen
原來在餐館,我聽膩了
when I got tired of hearing him talk.
就回廚房干活
Yeah. I'll tell him your boss came over. Thank you brother.
好,我就說你上司來了,謝謝,伙計,
Put her on the phone with me.
讓她接我電話
She didn't want me to call but I thought I should.
她不讓我打電話,但我覺得應該打
Well is she nearby? I think she's embarrassed.
她在旁邊嗎,她好像有點不好意思,
I'm her husband.
我可是她丈夫
The nurses are with her.
護士在照顧她
Maybe you should just hold off for a few minutes.
也許你還是再等等吧
Tell the head of her detail to get her on the plane right away.
讓她的安保隊長立刻送她上飛機
She has to come back here and see the White House physician.
她得回來看白宮的醫生
My guess is she'd be even more embarrassed
我猜如果取消活動的話
if she had to cancel her events.
她會更不好意思
This isn't about how she feels.
這跟她的感受無關
This is about what's best for her.
這是為她好
She doesn't need a doctor. She needs you.
她不需要看醫生,她需要你
What do you mean?
這是什么意思
She said some things about every seven years.
她說了些話,說到七年一次
About being in limbo on the edge of a bridge.
關于站在橋的邊緣
Listen just because I may have shared with you
聽著,就因為我告訴過你
a few things about our marriage
一些我們婚姻的事
does not give you the right to interfere with it.
并不代表你可以指手畫腳
Now please have her call me when she's ready.
讓她好點了給我打電話
Well... this is it.
結束了
Sixty days. Sixty days.
60天,60天,
That movie freaked me out.
那電影嚇死我了
The whole world can fall apart in sixty days.
全世界可以在60天內分崩離析
Or a guy can get sober.
也可以讓人徹底戒酒
I washed my hands for ten minutes last night before bed.
昨晚睡前我洗了十分鐘的手
You turned me from an alcoholic to a germaphobe.
你把我從酒鬼改造成了潔癖
That's not a bad tradeoff.
這交易你不吃虧
The 14 years I got by on my own...
過去我自己度過的14年
they mean nothing compared to the last eight weeks
跟與你一起度過的這八周比
you've been here with me.
根本一文不值
You would have done the same for me.
換做是我你也會這么做
I'd like to think so.
我希望我能做到
Know so.
你會的
I love you brother.
我愛你,哥哥
Call me when you land.
到了給我打電話
Jesus you sound like Sarah.
老天,你簡直跟薩拉一樣
So we want to focus on adbuys
我們要在闊德城
more in the Quad Cities market less so in Des Moines.
投放更多廣告,在得梅因減少投放量
You're stronger in the East
你在東部的支持率更高
and we want to turn our twos there into ones.
我們想鞏固那里的領先地位
The "Vision" message really resonated
辯論之后,"愿景"這個口號
in our focus groups postdebate
在焦點小組中引起很大共鳴
so I think we should cut a new ad centered on that
我認為我們應該針對此拍個新廣告
and weave it into the stump.
并把它納入競選宣傳
Sir?
先生
I'm sorry what?
抱歉,怎么了
Are you good if we change the stump
如果我們把競選宣傳的主題
to focus on the "Vision" theme?
換成"愿景"你沒意見吧
I want to go to New Hampshire tomorrow first thing.
我想明天一早去新罕布什爾
We have you going to Iowa.
您的行程安排是去愛荷華州
I know but I want to change the schedule.
我知道,但我想更改計劃
In every campaign there comes a time for taking stock.
任何人競選時,總得停下腳步評估形勢
A time for soulsearching. And...
自我反省
in the past 24 hours I have done just that.
在過去的24小時里,我就是那么做的
And the conclusion that I have come to is this:
而我的決定如下
If the goal is a safer more prosperous America
如果目標是共建一個更安全,興盛的美國
I don't need to run for us to achieve that.
并不非得我參選才能實現
All I need to do and what I encourage all of my supporters to do
我需要做的,我也鼓勵我的支持者做的
is to help elect Heather Dunbar to the White House.
就是支持希瑟·鄧巴成為美國總統
Judas bitch. While I may be ending my camp
叛徒婊子,雖然我的競選結束了,
I'm just pissed off. I'm sorry if I offended.
我只是生氣,如果冒犯你了我很抱歉
Yeah I wonder what she offered her.
不知道她給她了什么好處
Nothing.
什么都沒有
Yeah right.
得了
I know for a fact.
我確定
You knew about this?
你早就知道她會這么做
You should call the President.
你應該給總統打電話
"A very hairy terribly scary tarantula named Tina.
"一只渾身是毛,超級可怕的狼蛛,名叫蒂娜,
I found her in a shoebox in New York City.
我是在紐約一個鞋盒里發現她的
When I first saw Tina I shrieked..."
我剛發現蒂娜時嚇得直叫"
Were you scared?
你害怕嗎
Oh I was terribly scared.
我嚇死了
"Tina had poked her head up out of the left shoe..."
"蒂娜從左腳的鞋里伸出頭來"
I didn't know you were coming. She doesn't either.
我不知道你要來,她也不知道,
"So there I was not knowing what to believe.
"所以我呆在那兒,不知道該怎么辦,
Should I leave Tina in the shoebox or set Tina free?"
我應該讓蒂娜留在鞋盒里還是放她出來"
Leave her in the box! Set her free!
把她留在鞋盒里,放她出來,
Set her free! Leave her in the box!
放她出來,把她留在鞋盒里,
Oh my Goodness! I don't know what to do!
我的天,我不知道該怎么辦
Nothing! Do nothing!
什么都不做,不要管她
What should I do? Sir Mr. Grayson needs to speak with you.
我該怎么辦,先生,格雷森先生找你,
Tell him I'll call him back. He says it's important.
告訴他我會打給他,他說這事很重要,
Later. I'm with my wife.
之后再說,我在陪我夫人
I don't know what to do!
我不知道該怎么辦
You shouldn't do anything.
你什么都不該做
Let her out! Don't do anything?
放她出來,什么都不做嗎,

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
extraordinary [iks'trɔ:dnri]

想一想再看

adj. 非凡的,特別的,特派的

聯想記憶
domestic [də'mestik]

想一想再看

adj. 國內的,家庭的,馴養的
n. 家仆,

 
trumpet ['trʌmpit]

想一想再看

n. 喇叭,喇叭聲,喇叭手
vt. 宣揚;鼓吹

 
debate [di'beit]

想一想再看

n. 辯論,討論
vt. 爭論,思考

聯想記憶
endorse [in'dɔ:s]

想一想再看

vt. 支持,贊同,背書于

聯想記憶
hospitality [.hɔspi'tæliti]

想一想再看

n. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理

聯想記憶
defend [di'fend]

想一想再看

v. 防護,辯護,防守

 
potential [pə'tenʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 可能的,潛在的
n. 潛力,潛能

 
agenda [ə'dʒendə]

想一想再看

n. 議事日程

聯想記憶
enthusiasm [in'θju:ziæzəm]

想一想再看

n. 熱情,熱心;熱衷的事物

聯想記憶
?

關鍵字: 美劇 第三季 紙牌屋

發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费取姓名| 小姐资源| 黄造时个人简历| xiazai| 乔军| 北1| 血色残阳剧情简介| 基础设施建设产业市场| 发现一个神奇的定胆方法| 韩国三级播放| 吉吉映画| 我的宇宙| 15j401图集电子版免费查看 | 甜蜜监狱| 唐人街探案四免费观看| 违规吃喝问题研讨发言材料| 妻子出轨| 杨玉环秘史| 聊斋艳谭之荷花三娘子| 电影双面情人| 电影宝贝| 抖音电脑版| 杨在葆个人资料简介| 一条路千山万水| 男女高清视频| 小妹电影| 隐藏的秘密电影免费观看全集| 夜魔3| 恋爱不可抗力电视剧在线观看| 电影丑闻| 吸痰护理ppt课件| 台湾电影网| 白鹭的简介资料| 泰诺对乙酰氨基酚缓释片说明书| superstar电影在线播放| 野兽罪人电影免费观看| 哦秀贞| 预备党员思想汇报1500字| 免费播放电影大全免费观看| 抖音客户端| 澳亚卫视|