And where are you from, Mr. Brown?
你是哪里人,布朗先生
Sheldon, sir. I'm a retired police officer.
謝爾登,先生,我是退休警員
Well, then I can only imagine that Sheldon must be
那謝爾登一定是全州
one of the safest places in this state.
最安全的地方了
We do our best.
我們盡力而為吧
But my son, he's a marine, stationed at Camp Dwyer.
但我兒子,他是海軍陸戰隊,派駐在德懷爾營
He keeps our country safer than I do.
他比我更能保護我們國家
Me and my wife were wondering,
我和我妻子想問
if he got sent over to the Jordan Valley,
如果他被派去約旦河谷
will that really keep us safer?
這真能保護我們的安全嗎
Because it sure seems like the whole peacekeeping mission
因為看起來,整個維和行動
is only making things more dangerous.
只讓局勢更加危險了
Thank you for that. May I?
謝謝提問,可以給我嗎
Well, first of all, let me say
首先,容我說
how grateful I am for your son's service.
我十分感激你兒子的奉獻
I know we all feel exactly the same way.
我知道大家都很感激
And now, uh, let me try to answer your question.
現在,我回答你的問題
Have we run into some difficulties with the Russians?
俄方是否與我們產生了矛盾
Yes, we have.
是的
Is there tension between the Israelis and the Palestinians?
以色列和巴勒斯坦直接是否情勢緊張
Absolutely.
沒錯
But, that is the very reason that this mission is so important.
但這正是此次行動如此重要的原因
We have gathered together a coalition of seven nations
我們集結了一支七國聯合軍隊
to bring stability to a region
穩定一個數十載
that has suffered from unrest for decades.
動蕩不安的地區
It will take time.
這自然需要時間
And there may be lives that will be lost.
可能會有人犧牲
But this is not just important for the Middle East's security,
但這不僅僅事關中東安定
it's important for the security
也關系到美國
of the United States and the rest of the world.
和整個世界的安全
And I hope that I've answered your question.
希望你的問題得到了解答
Now, who was next?
下面誰來
Uh, let's see here.
我看看
Well, how about this young woman right here?
這位年輕的小姐吧
Now, I'll give you my microphone,
我把麥克風給你
but only if you promise to give it back.
但你得答應還還給我
He seemed to want to hang onto it for a while.
他似乎不怎么想給我呢
There you are. Um, my name is Annie Wietz,
給, 我叫安妮·懷茨
and I'm also worried about what the officer was just saying.
我也擔心那位警官所說的事
I want a safe world for my grandkids
我希望我孫輩能生活在安全的世界里
Give me back the mic and I'll answer your question.
把麥克風給我,我回答你
I haven't asked my question yet.
我還沒提問呢
Apologies. I'm ahead of myself. Go ahead.
抱歉,我著急了,請
The covert operation, the one that caused the Israelis to invade.
那項秘密行動,導致以色列入境的
Was that us? Because that really seemed
是我們嗎,因為看起來
to make a mess of everything.
這事把情況搞得一團糟
May I? Please.
可以給我嗎, 請
Thank you. Now, Annie?
謝謝,安妮
Is that your name, yeah? Yes, sir.
是安妮吧, 是,先生
Now, I have said this on this matter before,
這事我已經說過了
and I know it may be frustrating, but it is the truth.
我知道大家或許有不滿,但事實如此
When it comes to covert operations by any nation,
對任何國家的秘密行動
or matters of intelligence, for security purposes,
或情報問題,出于安全考慮
including the security of our own soldiers,
也包括我們本國戰士的安全
I simply cannot comment on these issues.
我實在不能發表評論
But, sir, I'm sorry,
但是,先生,抱歉
but what is the point of having us ask questions
如果你不肯回答
if you won't answer them? Well, she's got me there. Uh...
我們還何必提問, 被她說找了
I can answer any question but that one.
除了這個問題我都能問
In fact, I hope that we can ask some questions
事實上,希望大家能問問
about how we're gonna focus on things right here at home.
我們如何解決國內的一些問題
How about someone up there in the cheap seats?
樓上二等座的人來問吧
Anyone have a question there?
有人想問嗎
The situation in Jordan Valley,
約旦河谷的局勢
it threatens to bleed across the border.
可能會引起境外流血沖突
We already have refugees requesting to enter Jordan.
已經有難民請求進入約旦了
Forgive me, Prince Ryad.
抱歉,里亞德王子
You may be dealing with a few hundred refugees,
你們雖然要應付幾百個難民
but we are facing mortar attacks.
但我們可是要面對迫擊炮襲擊
Fourteen in the last two weeks.
這兩周就發生了14起
None of your people have died yet.
你們還沒死人呢
The last one came within 50 meters of a school.
最后的一次,離一所學校只有50米
Your troops have killed over a dozen Palestinians in house raids.
你們軍隊襲擊民宅,殺死十數名巴勒斯坦人
You expect us not to fight back?
你還指望我們不還擊嗎
We need the violence to stop.
暴力沖突必須停止
If it continues, the peacekeeping mission will fall apart.
如果繼續下去,維和任務會分崩離析
And it's our best hope for longterm stability.
而維和任務是長久穩定的最佳機會
Can you speak to Hamas and Hezbollah?
你能跟哈馬斯和真主黨溝通嗎
Get them to agree to a ceasefire?
讓他們同意?;?/div>
Israel has twice as many troops in the region
以色列自維和任務開始后
as before the peacekeeping mission began.
在當地的駐軍幾乎翻了一番
No, it is we who are defending ourselves.
不,我們才是在自衛
You agreed to remove two thousand troops.
你答應撤離兩千士兵了
If there's a cessation of mortar attacks,
如果迫擊炮襲擊停止
and if the Russians leave.
如果俄軍離開
A onethird troop reduction.
派軍削減三分之一
That should be enough to convince your people, no?
這足以說服你們的人了吧
Once the troops leave, I engage them, but not before.
等以軍離開,我再去找他們,之前不行
Show some goodwill. You'll still have 4,000 troops there.
顯示點誠意吧,就算到時你還有四千士兵呢
Because we cannot accomplish anything
因為這樣下去將毫無結果
unless we have proof of deescalation on both sides.
除非能證明雙方都愿緩和局勢
What about Russia?
那俄國呢
That's a separate issue. We will tackle that another time.
這是另外的問題了,我們改日再解決
Can you convey to Jerusalem
你能向耶路撒冷轉達
the importance of this troop reduction?
此次部分撤軍的重要性嗎
Yes, but no promises.
可以,但結果無法保證
All right. Thank you, everyone.
好吧,謝謝各位
We'll meet again tomorrow morning.
我們明早再會面
Thank you, madam.
謝謝,夫人
Eliana.
伊莉安娜
We need to discuss the nofly zone.
我們得討論禁飛區的問題
It's only for the Russians, not the peacekeepers.
那是給俄國人定的,不是維和軍
They can't stay if they have nothing to eat.
他們如果斷了糧,就待不下去
What are you going to do, shoot down a supply plane?
你打算怎么做,把供給貨機打下來嗎
We hope they won't make us face that choice.
希望他們不會逼我們做這個選擇
They'll ignore it.
他們會無視的
And you're just going to antagonize Moscow.
你這樣只會激怒莫斯科
I'm sorry, but the nofly zone is above my pay grade.
抱歉,但禁飛區的事是上方定下的
Perhaps your husband can talk to the prime minister.
或許你丈夫可以去跟總理談談
When are we looking at?
什么時候開始
Could be tomorrow, could be a week.
或許是明天,或許一周后
I'm not a part of those conversations anymore.
那些事已經輪不到我插嘴了
We could vet the questions.
我們可以審查問題
That doesn't work in Iowa. It'll piss people off.
那在愛荷華州行不通,只會激起民憤
Even if we did, it wouldn't make a difference.
即便如此也無濟于事
The country is preoccupied with the Jordan Valley.
整個國家的心思都在約旦河谷上
We're off message.
話題完全跑偏了
In the meantime,
現在
we can put the town halls on hold. Just do the stump.
我們可以暫停市政廳集會,只做巡回宣傳
I think we should also postpone the debate.
我覺得辯論也最好延遲
Dunbar'll hit you hard for that. Say you're dodging.
鄧巴會為此狠狠攻擊你,說你在回避
Have Jackie request the postponement.
那讓杰姬提出推遲
What's her reason? I don't care.
什么理由, 我不管
Just as long as it isn't coming from us.
只要不是我們提出來就行
Talk to her. Thank you, gentlemen.
跟她談談,謝謝了,各位
What's next?
接下來什么事
Uh, you're slated for fundraising calls until 4:15,
為競選籌款打電話,直到4點15
then a DOD briefing.
然后是國防部的簡報
Also, your friend from The Sentinel called, Tim Corbet.
另外,你桑蒂諾的朋友,蒂姆·科貝特打來了
Thank you.
謝謝
You know, I can fold my own clothes.
我自己會疊衣服
Took me two seconds.
不費事
You remember when we shared a room my senior year?
記得我大四那年我們睡一間房嗎
And if I left, like, one sock on the floor, you'd freak?
我要是把一只襪子丟在地板上,你就會抓狂
Yeah, I started doing that on purpose, just to see you flip out.
我后來開始有意那么做,好看你發火
Yeah. I remember.
嗯,我記得
Come on, leave it. Be a rebel.
到了,別管了,隨意點
Hey, sweetie.
親愛的
Well, tell her if it wiggles, it means it's gonna fall out.
告訴她如果動了,就是要掉了
Okay. Let me talk to her.
好,讓她聽
Uh, now, listen to me. You
聽我說
I know your mom doesn't want you playing with it,
我知道你媽媽不讓你動
so you have to do what she says.
你得聽她話
Well, because the tooth fairy doesn't want fingerprints all over it.
因為牙仙不喜歡上面沾滿指紋
Okay, I'll do it, but you have to promise me
好,我答應,但你保證
that you and your brother will stop playing with your tooth.
你和你弟弟都不會再擺弄牙了
Okay, you ready?
好,準備好了嗎
Are you super ready?
真的準備好了嗎
Boogala, boogala, boogala, boogala, boogala.
咪咪喵,咪咪喵,咪咪喵
Okay. Put your mom back on.
好了,讓媽媽聽
How much of a postponement?
推遲多久
Until we get this crisis resolved.
直到我們解決危機
Dunbar will see right through that.
鄧巴一眼就看穿了
Not if it's coming from you.
除非是你說
Say you want to focus on meeting people face to face,
就說你現在想當面接觸民眾
not a televised debate.
而不是電視辯論
We'll back you up.
我們會支持你
All right, I'll talk to my staff.
好,我跟我手下談談
We'll draft some language and I'll run it past you.
我們起草一下言辭,再給你看一下
Jackie?
杰姬
I want to talk to you about what happened a couple weeks ago.
我想跟你談談兩周前的那件事
I crossed a line. Remy, you don't have to.
我越界了, 雷米,你不用解釋
I want to. I want to explain myself.
我想解釋一下
I still have strong feelings, I'm not gonna deny that.
我對你還有感覺,這我不否認
Maybe a different job... A different time, different place.
如果情況不同,或者我不做這個
But, uh...
可是...
Look...
聽我說
I've loved people before, and I've learned to let 'em go.
我以前也放下過曾經愛過的人
I'm not gonna put you in that position again.
我再不會讓你為難了
It's been hard for me, too.
我也不容易
You've got work.
你還有工作
I'm glad you said something.
我很高興你說出來了
Hello?
喂
Tim, it's Frank.
蒂姆,是弗蘭克
I'm sorry it took me all day to get back to you.
抱歉這么晚才回你電話
Ah, no worries. Your plate must be pretty full.
沒事,你現在一定忙死了
Well, more than I'd like at the moment.
我的確希望現在沒這么多事
Is this a bad time?
打擾你了嗎
I think I can spare a few minutes
我還是能騰出點時間
for the President of the United States.
跟美國總統通話的
Are you good? Yeah.
你好嗎, 挺好
Good. Uh, last kid got off to college,
最后一個孩子也去大學了
so Beth and I are on our own.
家里就剩貝絲和我了
Finally. Yeah, the business is strong.
總算,生意不錯
I'm actually, uh, I'm thinking of expanding to Glenwood Canyon.
我還打算擴張到格倫伍德峽谷呢
That's great.
那好啊
Listen, I called because that,
聽我說,我打來
that writer reached out to me.
那個作者來找我了
You know, the one doing your book.
給你寫書的那個
Said, uh, he wanted to talk about The Sentinel.
說要跟我談談桑蒂諾的事
What'd you say?
你怎么說的
I said I was in a rush and I'd call him back later.
我說我有點急事,回頭打給他
I didn't want to say more without talking to you first.
沒跟你商量過,我不想多說什么
Well, he should've checked with me beforehand.
他應該先問我的
I don't want him harassing my friends.
我可不希望他去騷擾我的朋友
He wasn't harassing me at all. He's a nice guy, actually.
他倒是沒有騷擾我,他人不錯
I mean, I'm happy to talk with him if it'll help your book.
如果對你的書有用,我樂意跟他談
Well, the book isn't really about The Sentinel,
這書不是講桑蒂諾的
so I don't know why he'd bother,
真不知他是何必
but I'll talk to him and I'll let you know.
但我會跟他談談,回頭給你回復
Whatever you need, Mr. President.
隨你,總統先生
Stop that.
你夠了
Hey, listen, uh, we run a halfprice special for CommandersinChief.
聽我說,我們給三軍統帥打對折
So, uh... if you're ever in Colorado
你什么時候來科羅拉多州
with some time on your hands...
又有時間
Well, I hope the same goes for expresidents, too.
希望前總統也有這待遇
Nope. Only sittin' ones. So you better win that damn election.
不行,只針對在任總統,你最好拿下選舉
I'll do my best. Nice talking to you, Tim.
那我盡力,跟你聊天真愉快,蒂姆
You too, Frank.
我也是,弗蘭克
I want to set aside time for Tom Yates, in person. Tomorrow.
單獨安排湯姆·耶茨明天來見我
Yes, sir.
是,先生
Yes.
嗯
Francis?
弗蘭西斯
I just got off the phone with Cathy.
我剛跟凱茜打完電話
The Israelis are instituting the nofly zone.
以色列要實施禁飛區了
I'm scheduled to have a call tomorrow with the prime minister.
我安排了明天跟總理通話呢
They want to cancel the call.
他們要取消通話
Let me see if I can get him on the phone now.
我看看能不能現在接通他
They just sent out a communiqué to all embassies.
他們已向所有大使館發布了公告
Good morning.
早上好
As you
諸位...
Excuse me. It's been a long night.
抱歉,昨晚很繁忙
Thank you.
謝謝
Israel instituted a nofly zone over the Jordan Valley,
以色列于當地時間今早6點,在約旦河谷上空
6:00 a.m. today, Israeli time.
實施了禁飛區
And while I disagree with this action,
我雖然反對此舉
I understand the reason behind it,
我能理解其初衷
and we must stand with our ally.
我們必須與同盟同一陣線
Our chief goal remains deescalation in the region.
我們的主要目標仍是緩和當地局勢
Ambassador Underwood and the State Department
安德伍德大使和國務院
are working with all interested parties toward that end.
在與各相關方為此目標進行努力
Our utmost priority is guaranteeing civilian safety.
我們的優先考慮是保證平民安全
And Israel has confirmed When are you off to Des Moines?
以色列已經證實... 什么時候去得梅因(愛荷華首府)
A couple of hours. I have to make some donor calls first.
兩小時后,還得先給幾個資助人打電話
You have surgery today?
今天有手術嗎
A double bypass. Triple tomorrow.
兩個搭橋手術,明天三個
But nothing scheduled for almost a week after,
但之后一周幾乎沒什么安排
so maybe I can come out to Iowa and we can
所以或許我可以去愛荷華州,我們...
Russian aircrafts that ignore this... What's going on?
俄國飛機如無視... 怎么了
...could potentially be subject to military action...
可能遭受軍事打擊
This Jordan Valley thing's a mess.
約旦河谷真是一團糟
He's in big trouble.
他有大麻煩了
...any such actions...
此類舉動
And then there's the whole AmWorks thing.
還有美就法那檔子事
All the baggage from last year.
去年留下的包袱
You having doubts? I don't know.
你后悔了嗎, 不知道
Maybe.
或許吧
That sounds serious.
這好像挺嚴肅啊
If there was an ideal time to walk away, now is it.
如果說有拋棄他的理想時機,就是現在了
And then what?
然后呢
Focus on Congress.
專心于國會
Yeah, but you want more than that.
但你的野心不止如此啊
I could spend more time with you and the kids.
我可以多陪陪你和孩子
Well, I don't want a wife who's miserable
我不希望妻子
because she turned her back on the White House.
因為背棄了白宮而怨念不已
Look...
聽我說
The thing about surgery is, once you're in, you're in.
手術一旦開始,就不能停下
There's a beating heart in front of you. Someone's life.
你面前是一顆跳動的心臟,別人的生命
There's no room for doubt.
不能有遲疑
So, whatever goes wrong...
不論出了什么問題
say hemorrhage or a blood clot, you deal with it.
比如大出血,或者血塊,也只能去應付
You don't get to walk away.
你不能放棄
But that's life or death. This isn't.
但那是生死大事,這不是
It is for you.
對你來說是的
...to maintain international peace and security.
維持國際和平和穩定
The United States is committed to defusing this situation.
美國決心解決當前事態
We are here for Israel, we are here for Palestine,
我們會支持以色列,支持巴勒斯坦
we are here for Russia.
也支持俄羅斯
And we are here for
我們會...
Ready to go to your meeting? Yeah.
可以去參加會面了嗎, 嗯
Come on.
走吧
I was thinking...
我在想
you know how a while back,
你前一陣
you mentioned the kids coming out from Ohio?
說要帶孩子離開俄亥俄州
You want them to visit?
你希望他們來嗎
Well, maybe you don't want them to see me like this?
或許你不希望他們看到我這樣
Doing my 60 days? You've been doing great.
復健,戒酒, 你表現一直很棒
I'd be thrilled for them to come out here and meet their uncle,
我當然樂意讓他們來看叔叔
if that's something you want to do.
如果你真想的話
I could hit the couch for a few nights.
我可以在沙發上睡幾晚
You guys can have the bedroom.
你們睡臥房
I'll call Sarah.
我打給薩拉
I say to Israel, keep your airspace.
我要對以色列說,留著你們的領空吧
Keep your nofly zone.
留著你們的禁飛區吧
I will be flying through it, nevertheless.
我還是會飛過去
Shoot me down, if you wish,
你要是想,就把我打下來
because nothing can stop me
因為什么都別想阻止我
from standing side by side with my countrymen.
去跟我的同胞站在一起
I will embrace the men who serve this country,
我要去擁抱為國奉獻的士兵
because I am Russian,
因為我是俄國人
and Russians... do not abandon their own.
俄國人,不拋棄自己人
Russian TV.
俄國電視臺
Fortyfive minutes ago. It could be hot air.
45分鐘前,可能是大話
Petrov wants the world to see this.
佩特羅夫想讓全世界都看到
He wouldn't put it out there unless he meant it.
他如果不是真心,就不會公開放話
Israel says they're prepared to enforce the nofly zone.
以色列說他們打算執行禁飛區令
They'll never shoot down a head of state.
他們不會把一國元首打下來的
Yeah, which means they'll lose face and compensate
那他們就會丟面子,進而增加派軍
by increasing their ground presence.
來挽回這個面子
I got Jerusalem to agree to a pullout.
我讓耶路撒冷同意部分撤軍了
Two thousand troops. Not if Petrov flies there.
兩千士兵, 如果佩特羅夫飛過去就沒戲了
If we downplay Petrov's move as political theatrics,
如果我們把佩特羅夫的行為說成政治作秀
I might be able to convince the Israelis to follow through.
我或許還能說服以色列人按原計劃走
No, we need to respond to Russia directly,
不行,我們得直接回應俄羅斯
not waste our time with Israel.
而不是跟以色列浪費時間
Israel is our ally. We're far more likely
以色列是我們的同盟,跟他們談
to have a productive dialogue with them than with Russia.
比跟俄羅斯談更可能產生結果
Yes. What's our main objective here?
對,但我們的主要目標是什么
To get Russian troops out of the Jordan Valley.
讓俄軍撤離約旦河谷
Let's stop poking around from the sides.
我們別再拐彎抹角了
We need to tackle this head on.
我們得正面面對問題
Open up a line of communication with Moscow.
跟莫斯科取得聯系
Tell them I'm coming to the Jordan Valley myself.
告訴他們我要親自去約旦河谷
Sir, I
先生
I'm gonna meet with Petrov face to face, on the ground.
我要在當地跟佩特羅夫面談
Mr. President, the risk factors of I'm well aware.
總統先生,這么做的風險, 我知道
I want to be notified the moment that Petrov is on his way.
佩特羅夫一動身就通知我
You work with the CIA and DOD
你跟中情局和國防部合作
to figure out any logistics and security you have to.
解決一切必要后勤和安全問題
Talk to Seth. Let's start drafting our message.
找賽斯,開始起草措辭
Cathy, I want to sit down with you and Defense,
凱茜,我要跟你和國防部談談
and work out bargaining chips.
看我們有什么籌碼
Thank you all very much.
謝謝各位
I meant now.
馬上來
I'm not to be disturbed. You have a meeting with Mr. Yates.
不得打擾我, 你安排了跟耶茨先生的見面
Have him wait and tell him it might be a while.
讓他等,告訴他我得好一會兒
Yes, sir.
是,先生
You're on with Ambassador Moryakov.
莫里科夫大使為您接通了
Alexi? You're wasting your time, Claire.
亞歷克西, 你在浪費時間,克萊爾
We can't let Petrov go.
我們不能讓佩特羅夫去
I'm powerless.
我無能為力
Then tell me who we can speak to who can influence him.
那告訴我能找誰去說動他
His mind is made up. No one would dare challenge him on this.
他心意已決,沒人敢為此跟他唱反調
All right, then I'll come to New York. Let's meet with Caspi.
好吧,那我去紐約,我們見見卡斯皮
We'll ease Jerusalem's fears together.
我們一起安撫耶路撒冷的擔心
I can't. I'm on my way to Washington.
不行,我正要去華盛頓
What for? The embassy sent for me.
為什么, 大使館召我去
I'm being recalled.
我被召回了
Is it because...? I don't know.
是因為... 我不知道
Alexi, if you need anything
亞歷克西,如果你需要什么
The ambassador has ended the call, Mrs. Underwood.
大使已經掛斷,安德伍德夫人
Mrs. Underwood. Hello.
安德伍德夫人, 你好
Edward? Wait here a moment.
艾德華, 稍等
Yes, ma'am?
是,夫人
What's he doing here?
他來干什么
The president wanted to meet with him.
總統要見他
He asked me to have him wait upstairs.
他叫我安排他去樓上等著
Thank you. Yes, ma'am.
謝謝, 夫人
If he wants the same terms as we had before,
如果他的要求還跟此前一樣
I'll smooth it over with our NATO allies.
我會努力說服我們北約的盟國
It's tough to lose Poland, but I think that we can compensate
失去波蘭的確不好,但我覺得芬蘭海
with antimissile subs on patrol here in the Finnish Sea.
這里巡邏的反導彈潛艇可以起補償作用
Thank you. Francis? Do you have a moment?
謝謝, 弗蘭西斯,有空嗎
I'll be right back.
我就回來
Give us a minute.
讓我們單獨談談
I think this is a mistake. You're chasing him.
我覺得這是個錯誤,你這是追他
Let me work with Israel. You've been working with Israel.
讓我去做以色列的工作, 你一直在做
Now there's a nofly zone. One step forward, two steps back.
結果現在鬧出個禁飛區,前進一步,退后兩步
Diplomacy takes time.
外交需要時間
Iowa is in two months.
愛荷華兩個月后就投票了
You can't let the campaign drive our foreign policy.
你不能讓競選決定外交政策
If I don't win in Iowa, there is no foreign policy.
如果我拿不下愛荷華,就沒什么外交政策可言了
Excuse us, Mr. President.
抱歉,總統先生
Let's not talk out here.
我們別在這兒說了
If you go to the Jordan Valley,
如果你去了約旦河谷
you have to walk away with a solution.
就必須談出個結果來
And he knows that, which means he gets all the leverage.
他也知道,這樣籌碼就都在他手里了
Well, it's not as if we have much leverage at the moment.
我們現在也沒什么籌碼啊
He's going to want the peacekeeping mission out.
他會希望中止維和任務
That's right. And the missile defense system, too.
沒錯,還有拆除導彈防御系統
And I'm prepared to give him both if necessary.
如果有必要,我兩樣都會滿足他
What are you talking about?
你說什么呢
Don't toss the mission aside, Francis.
別放棄維和任務,弗蘭西斯
Claire, you're too invested in this.
克萊爾,這事你太動感情
The mission is dead.
維和任務已經完了
It was dead the moment those troops got blown up.
那些士兵炸死的時候就完了
Your plan failed. I'm sorry.
你的計劃失敗了,很抱歉
It's my fault. I approved it.
是我的錯,是我批準了
But now, I have to fix it.
但現在,我得去挽救
Why won't you place faith in a diplomatic solution?
你為什么不肯相信外交手段
This is diplomacy.
這就是外交
Sometimes it comes down to two men in a room.
有時候就得靠兩個人,在一個房間里
I have no faith in the UN anymore.
我現在對聯合國已經不抱希望了
I do have faith in my ability to negotiate with this man.
但我相信我可以跟此人談妥
Francis, I know you value my opinion.
弗蘭西斯,我知道你看重我的想法
Absolutely, above all others.
當然,超過一切
We have both put a great deal
我們對如果處理俄羅斯
of effort and thought into how to handle Russia.
都耗盡心思和努力
I'd like for this to be a decision we make together,
我希望這次我們能共同做決定
instead of an impulsive response
而不是沖動地回應...
Not right now. Petrov's in the air.
待會兒的, 佩特羅夫起飛了
Get Admiral Dale on the line.
接戴爾海軍上將
Claire, I value your opinion.
克萊爾,我看重你的想法
I just don't agree with it this time.
但我這次不認同你
Mr. Yates.
耶茨先生
The president's gonna have to reschedule.
總統只能重新安排了
Thomas.
托馬斯
You give us a few moments, Edward?
能讓我們談談嗎,艾德華
Yes, ma'am. I'll be by the stairs.
是,夫人,我就在樓下
How's the book coming?
書寫得如何了
I've hit a bit of a roadblock.
我有點遇到障礙了
There's a big piece missing.
缺失了很大一塊
What is it? You.
是什么, 你
He hasn't... mentioned me at all?
他完全沒提我嗎
Plenty of times, but... it's not enough.
提過很多,但不夠
What has he said?
他怎么說的
You're putting me in an awkward position, Mrs. Underwood.
你這讓我很難做啊,安德伍德夫人
You don't want to betray his trust.
你不想背叛他的信任
He and I have an agreement.
他和我有約
I understand. I shouldn't pry. I'll leave you be, then.
我理解,我不該打聽,我不打擾你了
He said he loves you more than anything.
他說他愛你超過一切
That there wouldn't be a White House without you.
說沒有你就不能入主白宮
He showed me your first house... in Gaffney.
他帶我去了加夫尼,你們第一個家
Where you planted the tulips.
你種郁金香的地方
And he said he was ashamed.
他說他很羞恥
Of what?
為什么
That you married him. Because you deserve better.
你嫁給了他,因為你配得上更好的
You should really be in this book, Mrs. Underwood.
你真的應該在這本書里,安德伍德夫人
I've got a lot of stories from his perspective.
我有很多從他視角出發的故事
Not a single one from yours.
但沒有一個是你的視角
Well, he's the one running for president, not me.
是他要競選總統啊,不是我
Yeah.
嗯
I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong.
我也說不好,或許我是錯了
I think people need to hear your voice to hear his.
我覺得人們要聽聽你的聲音才能聽到他的
Can we set up a time to meet?
我們可以安排一次見面嗎
I'll think about it. Thank you, Thomas.
我想想吧,想想你,托馬斯
Okay.
好吧
Seth, this is good, but downplay expectations even more.
賽斯,這不錯,但再把期望降低一些
There's no telling what we'll walk away with.
結果還很難說呢
Yes, sir. We shouldn't inform the press
是,先生, 出于安全考慮
until after you land, for security purposes.
我們應該等到你著陸再通知媒體
Donald...
唐納德
If anything should happen to me I'm prepared.
如果我出了事, 我準備好了
But nothing will. God help us.
但不會有事的, 上帝保佑
Danton will walk you through the full brief.
丹頓會給你完整的情況報告
Everything's set up in the Situation Room.
戰況室都準備好了
Good luck, Mr. President. Thank you. I'll be right back.
好運,總統先生, 謝謝,我就回來
Now, listen, I know you have reservations about all this.
聽我說,我知道你對此有反對
You're doing what you think is best.
你在采取你認為最好的辦法
Please be careful out there.
一定小心
I will.
我會的
I love you. I love you, too.
我愛你, 我也愛你
Let's go.
走吧
Hello?
有人嗎
Hello! Wow! You guys really look alike!
你好,天吶,你們還真像
Okay.
好吧
We're a hugging family.
我們一家人喜歡抱抱
I see.
看出來了
Hi, you must be Francine.
你是弗朗辛吧
No, I'm not! She likes Franke better.
才不是, 她喜歡叫弗朗琪
Nice to meet you, Franke.
認識你很高興,弗朗琪
No. Yep.
不要, 沒錯
I told you! Careful.
我說了吧, 小心點
It's your Uncle Doug.
這是道格叔叔
Do you want to give your Uncle Doug a hug?
要去跟道格叔叔抱抱嗎
Come here, you.
過來
We'll land in Tel Aviv,
我們會在特拉維夫市著陸
then take a special forces convoy
然后由特種部隊護送
from there to the perimeter of the valley.
至河谷邊界
The Israelis will provide air support until we get to the valley,
到達河谷之前,以色列都會提供空中支援
then our helos will take over.
然后我們的直升機接手
Once we get to the camp,
達到營地后
the Russians insist on ground units only.
俄國人堅持我們只保留地面小隊
We'll pass through a checkpoint
我們會通過一個檢查點
How secure is this location?
這里有多安全
The position is not fortified to our liking.
該地點的防守我們并不滿意
It's not blastproof.
不能防爆
Sir, we're going to ask that you wear your Kevlar and helmet.
長官,我們要請您穿防彈衣戴頭盔
Sir?
先生
Mary.
瑪麗
Why were no press allowed to go?
為什么沒有讓記者隨行
Given the security situation,
鑒于安全局勢
we didn't want to put any press in harm's way,
我們不想讓記者涉險
or risk any hostile elements knowing in advance.
或冒險讓敵方提前得知消息
So the president has already landed?
那么總統已經著陸了嗎
About 90 minutes ago.
大概90分鐘前
Mark.
馬克
What exactly does the president hope to achieve?
總統究竟希望達成什么目的
Ideally, we'd like the Russians to vacate the region.
理想情況是俄方離開該區域
We can't promise that they will.
但這無法保證
But the president hopes
但總統希望
that we can make progress toward a withdrawal.
我們就撤兵取得進展
Kate.
凱特
This could be seen as an election stunt.
這可被視為選舉作秀
He's trailing Dunbar in the polls, so he wants to save the day.
他在民調中落后鄧巴,所以想挽救大局
I guarantee you this is no stunt.
我保證,這絕非作秀
The president is taking extraordinary measures to end this crisis.
總統為解決這一危機采取了非常手段
Mr. President.
總統先生
You can take your vest off now, Mr. President.
你現在可以脫下防彈衣了,總統先生
We're safe here. You trust these walls?
這里很安全, 你相信這些墻嗎
If you're frightened, you shouldn't have come.
你要是害怕,就不該來
When I was in the KGB, I spent six months in Afghanistan.
我在克格勃的時候,我在阿富汗待了六個月
This place is a palace
這地方比起
compared to the hole in the ground I lived in.
我當時待的地洞簡直是宮殿
Here. You should stay hydrated.
來,你得保持水分
I brought a shipment of water in on my plane. Thank you.
我用飛機拉來了一箱水, 謝謝
So much for the Israelis stopping our resupply.
以色列還說要斷我們的補給呢
I wish we were in the fertile part of the valley, though.
真希望我們能處在河谷更肥沃的地帶
I hear it's quite green and beautiful.
聽說有些地方綠意盎然,十分美麗
Well, this is better for pictures.
這里更合適拍照嘛
How do you mean?
什么意思
Well, if you flew into a paradise,
如果你飛去個天堂般的地方
wouldn't be as effective, now, would it?
那就沒什么效果了,是吧
You do have a flair for the theatrical.
你這人的確有表演天賦
I can say the same about you,
我也可以這么說你
showing up on my doorstep like this.
這樣跑到我家門口
This isn't your doorstep.
這不是你家門口
You're squatting where you shouldn't be.
你跑到你不該來的地方了
I don't think my men will see it like that.
我覺得我的手下可不會這么看
Do your men know that
你的手下可知道
you're responsible for killing their comrades?
是你殺了他們的同志
Accusations.
指責
That's how you plan to convince me?
你就打算拿這個說服我嗎
What do you require to pull out of the valley?
你要什么才肯撤軍
That your troops leave as well,
你方軍隊也離開
and the entire peacekeeping operation.
結束整個維和行動
Well, as soon as your troops withdraw,
只要俄軍一撤離
I'll make sure the UN forces do exactly the same.
我一定讓聯合國軍隊也撤走
And you scale back missile defense.
你還得削減導彈防御
As we agreed to twice already.
就像我們之前曾兩次說好的那樣
That's when we were making an entirely different deal.
當時我們的談判可完全不同
The main difference now
現在最大的區別是
is that we're both standing in the desert,
如今我們都在沙漠里
and you can't leave with nothing to show but sand in your shoes.
而你不能只帶著一鞋底的沙子出去
I'll agree to the scaleback. Same terms as before.
我同意削減防御,跟之前的條件一樣
How soon can you mobilize a withdrawal?
你多快能開始撤軍
Well, the moment UN forces begin to pull out, we will do the same.
聯合國軍隊一撤,我們也會撤的
I've had the Pentagon
我已讓五角大樓
come up with an exit plan that we can put into effect
制定一個最早明天就能執行的
as early as tomorrow. As for the rest of the UN forces,
撤退計劃,至于其他聯合國軍隊
I can reach out to the Secretary General immediately.
我可以馬上聯系聯合國秘書長
You or... your wife?
你,還是你妻子
Well, yes, she would probably make the call on my behalf.
當然,她大概會代表我去打電話
I don't think she should.
我覺得還是不要了
You think I should make the call?
你想讓我打電話嗎
More than that.
不止如此
I think she should be gone.
我覺得她該走人
Gone in what way? Gone from these negotiations?
什么意思,不再參加談判嗎
As ambassador.
不再做大使
My final condition.
這是我最后的條件
That cannot be on the table.
這不能拿來商量
It is. And it's nonnegotiable.
能,而且沒得商量
Ms. Dempsey. I'm a friend of Lisa's.
鄧普西女士,我是麗薩的朋友
Uh, Max? That's right.
麥克斯, 對
Yes, she told me to tell you she's running a few minutes behind.
她叫我告訴你,她要晚一會兒
Okay, I'll just wait outside. Thank you.
好,那我在外面等,謝謝
No, it's... chilly.
不,外面太冷
You can come on up to her room.
進來去她房間吧
Okay.
好
I just want you to know... I'm so sorry.
我只想說,我很遺憾
Lisa told us and our prayers are with you.
麗薩告訴我們了,我們都為你祈禱
Thank you so much.
太感謝了
She said you and your husband were like parents to her. I see why.
她說您和丈夫就像她父母,的確不難看出
Come on in.
請進
Max, hey.
麥克斯
Sorry I'm late.
抱歉我遲了
Here, I want you to take that back.
給,拿回去吧
No, no, no, that money's yours.
不不,這錢是給你的
No, I can't. I can't take it.
不,我不能接受
Everyone at the fellowship pitched in.
團契的人一起湊的
Just give it back to 'em. I can't.
還給他們吧, 我不能
You said that you needed the money for the medicine.
你說你需要錢買藥的
Yeah, sit down.
坐下吧
Sorry, please.
抱歉,請坐
Okay.
好吧
What I'm about to tell you is gonna sound fucked up,
我要跟你說的事,聽上去會很糟糕
but just hear me out before you say anything, all right?
但你說什么之前,先聽我說完,好嗎
Okay.
好
I'm leaving.
我要走了
And I'm not coming back.
再也不回來了
And... I have to leave because I'm in danger.
我要走,是因為我有危險
My name isn't Max.
我不叫麥克斯
I don't have AIDS.
我也沒有艾滋
Wait. Hold on. Let me finish, please.
等等, 聽我說完,拜托了
I want to explain everything to you, but I can't.
我想向你解釋一切,但我不能
The less you know, the better.
你知道得越少越好
But listen to me.
但聽我說
If the FBI comes here, you can't say anything.
如果聯調局找來,你什么都不能說
You have to tell them you don't know me.
你得告訴他們你不認識我
The FBI? Yes, and if they do,
聯調局, 對,如果他們找來
I want you to contact this man. His name is Doug Stamper.
你去聯系這個人,他叫道格·斯坦普
And he can help you. Max. This is crazy.
他能幫你, 麥克斯,這太瘋狂了
It's not my name.
那不是我的名字
I made it up. I made up everything.
是我編的,我編造了一切
The name, the girlfriend, the clinic.
名字,女友,診所
No, I was there with you.
不,我也去了
I faked it. I had to.
我裝的,我沒辦法
If you're not Max... then who are you?
如果你不是麥克斯,你是誰
Take this. He will help you.
拿著,他會幫你
He can protect you.
他能保護你
Please. I know it's not fair.
求你,我知道這不公平
Please leave. Let me leave this with you.
你走吧, 你得收下這個
I don't want to have anything to do with it.
我跟這毫無關系
Please, just take it with you.
你拿走吧
Please leave.
你走吧
You're a good person, Lisa.
你是個好人,麗薩
I'm just not.
但我不是
And I'm sorry.
很抱歉
What can I offer you instead of her?
除了她,我還能給你什么
Nothing.
沒了
What about a humanitarian relief fund,
人道主義救濟金呢
for your allies in Africa?
給你在非洲的盟友
You can distribute it any way you see fit.
你可以隨意使用
A few billion dollars? I'm not that easily bought.
幾十億美元嗎,我沒那么好收買
All right, let's say that we reexamine our base in Izmir.
那我們重新考慮伊茲密爾的基地呢
Congress would never let you.
國會不會允許的
And realistically,
而且現實點說
you're willing to barter major strategic airfields
你愿意拿重要戰略性空港
on account of your wife?
交換你妻子嗎
You can't make this about her.
你不能把這事扯到她身上
She was never equipped to be an ambassador.
她本來就沒資格做大使
You know that.
你很清楚
I understand.
我理解
How could you say no to your own wife?
你怎么能拒絕自己的妻子呢
But she's blinding you.
但她讓你蒙蔽了雙眼
I'm doing you a favor. You are being petty.
我是在幫你忙, 你這是小心眼
The SEAL team you sent.
你派去的海豹突擊隊
Look how easily we manipulated her.
看我們多容易就耍了她
Moryakov didn't have to work too hard.
莫里科夫都沒怎么下功夫
Did we blow up our own men?
我們是不是炸死了自家戰士
Maybe we did.
或許吧
Maybe we didn't.
或許沒有
But we made her believe that we did.
但我們讓她以為我們做了
And she convinced you.
而她說服了你
Now, wouldn't you call that blindness?
這不叫被蒙蔽嗎
You want to kill me now. I can see it.
你現在想殺了我,我看得出
I read an amusing article about, um...
我讀過一篇有趣的文章
a Civil War reenactor,
一個內戰情景重現演員
who said that your greatgreatgrandfather
他說你的曾曾祖父
killed a Yankee soldier with his bare hands.
赤手殺了一名北方兵
When I was in Afghanistan, we were ambushed by the Mujahideen.
我在阿富汗時,我們被圣戰組織偷襲了
And the man who shot me here and here,
那個打中我這里和這里的人
he stabbed me when his rifle jammed.
他的槍卡住后,還刺了我一刀
I pulled the knife away and slit his throat.
我把刀拔了出來,割了他的喉
Yes, I know, you've told that story dozens of times to the press.
知道,這故事你跟媒體說過十多次了
The part I don't tell is
但我沒說的是
that after I slit his throat, I kept going.
我割了他喉嚨之后,我并沒停下
We strapped his head to a donkey
我們把他的頭綁在一匹驢上
so it would carry it back to his village.
讓驢把他的頭帶回他的村子
I've killed a man with my bare hands.
我赤手空拳殺過人
It wasn't makebelieve.
那不是故事
Do you think you're capable?
你覺得你能做到嗎
I think you are.
我覺得你能
You're ruthless.
你無情
Like me.
跟我一樣
Sometimes we must be ruthless with those who hate us.
有時對恨我們的人,我們必須無情
And sometimes we must be ruthless with those we love.
有時候對我們愛的人,也要無情
I don't see why Claire means so much to you.
我不明白你為什么那么在乎克萊爾
Because she means so much to you.
因為你非常在乎她
And if you do this, I will know you're serious.
你如果答應,我就知道你是真心的
Your wife is on the line, sir.
你妻子打來了,先生
Tell her I'll call her back.
告訴她我再回電
I've told her that twice now.
我已經說兩次了
Tell her again. Yes, sir.
再說, 是,先生
You don't have to do that, Sarah.
你不用洗的,薩拉
I don't mind. It doesn't take long.
沒事,不費事的
No, no. Let us do it. You go relax.
沒事,我們洗吧,你去放松
I'll move the monsters in a few minutes.
我待會兒就抱倆小壞蛋上床
Okay. All right.
好, 好
See you in bed.
床上見
See you tomorrow.
明天見
I wish I could sleep like that.
真希望我能睡那么香
You ever think of settling down?
你考慮過成家嗎
Gettin' a couple of these for yourself?
自己也生倆孩子
Hasn't ever crossed my mind.
從沒想過
Never?
從沒
It's not for me. A life like that.
這不適合我,這種生活
You mean a life like mine?
我這種生活嗎
That's not what I said. I know you've always felt that way.
我沒那么說, 我知道你一直這么想
A mortgage, nine to five, wife, two kids, a dog.
房貸,朝九晚五,妻子,倆孩子,一條狗
No.
不是
It's just my freedom's important to me.
我就是重視自由
I'm freer than you are, pal.
我比你自由多了,伙計
I stayed in Columbus because I liked it,
我待在哥倫布是因為喜歡
not because anybody made me.
又不是有誰逼我
I chose to put down roots.
我選擇了扎根
You've always been running from something.
而你一直在逃避
Hey, I don't judge you. Don't judge me.
我可沒對你指手畫腳,你也別來說我
Listen to your big brother for a second.
就聽你哥哥說一句
No, last thing I need is a lecture right now.
不,我現在最不需要的就是教訓
During your whole recovery,
你整個恢復期間
all you kept talking about was getting back to work.
一直說著要回去工作
Over a month I've been here,
我來了一個月
using all my vacation time and then some.
用我自己的假期,還請了假
If you don't want to be here, then maybe you should go home.
你如果不想來,那就回家啊
It's not about that, Doug.
不是為這個,道格
I'm here because you're family.
我來是因為你是我的親人
Because you're more important than work.
因為你比工作更重要
If I lost my job because of you, I'd find another one.
我要是因為你丟了工作,我就另找個
What do you have?
你有什么
Frank Underwood? You don't even have that.
弗蘭克·安德伍德嗎,這你都沒有
You got two pictures on your fridge,
你冰箱上有兩張照片
and they're of my kids.
還是我的孩子
That's not freedom.
這不叫自由
Petrov wants a diplomatic change.
佩特羅夫要求外交人事變動
At the UN.
聯合國的人事
Me. It was nonnegotiable.
我, 沒得商量
Clearly, you didn't say no.
你顯然沒有拒絕
I wanted to discuss it with you first.
我想先跟你商量
I called more than once.
我打了好幾次
I wanted to convince myself to refuse what he asked.
我想說服自己拒絕他
But... I couldn't do that.
但我做不到
I told you it was a mistake to go, Francis.
我就說你去是在犯錯,弗蘭西斯
And the resolution was a mistake. And Corrigan was a mistake.
提案也是錯呢,科里根也是個錯誤
We could tally up all our mistakes, but we are where we are.
我們可以一個個細數錯誤,但情況就是這樣
I need to concentrate on what's in front of me right now.
我現在得專心解決眼前問題
I am. I'm in front of you.
我,我就在你眼前
The Russians need to leave. It's as simple as that.
俄國必須撤軍,就這么簡單
You want me to say this is okay.
你要我說這樣沒事
No.
不
Francis, I would've preferred
弗蘭西斯,我更希望
if you had walked in and just told me I was fired.
你直接走進來,告訴我我被解雇了
They played you, Claire.
他們耍了你,克萊爾
Moryakov was not having some crisis of conscience.
莫里科夫根本不是良心發現
It was all so that we would send our SEAL team in.
全是為了騙我們派海豹突擊隊去
So that we would provoke the Israelis.
好讓我們激怒以色列
And I didn't see it, because I trusted you too much.
我沒看出來,因為我太信任你了
I didn't look at it objectively...
我沒能客觀地思考
because you're my wife.
因為你是我妻子
Petrov told you that? Yes.
佩特羅夫說的, 是
And you believe him? I do.
你相信他, 是的
I'll resign.
我會辭職
I wish it didn't have to come to this.
真希望不用走到這一步
What do we say to the press?
我們怎么跟媒體說
That you want to focus on the campaign,
你想專注于競選
that that was your plan all along.
本來就如此打算
That I want to see this crisis through, first.
但我想先看到危機解決
No one will question that.
沒人會質疑的
Tell Petrov.
告訴佩特羅夫
And I will...
我會
make the announcement whenever you want me to.
在你需要的時候宣布
Claire.
克萊爾
You were right. I shouldn't have gone.
你說得對,我不該去
It was your decision to make. Not mine.
那是你該做的決定,不是我
Good night.
晚安
My decision.
我的決定
Sometimes I think the presidency...
有時候我覺得總統之位
is the illusion of choice.
是有選擇的假象
What is it?
怎么了
I have to go to the White House.
我得去白宮
It's the middle of the night.
這大半夜的
He's the president.
他是總統啊
Thank you, Meechum.
謝謝,密查姆
Have a seat.
坐吧
I wake you up?
我吵醒你了
It's fine.
沒事
I'm a light sleeper anyway.
反正我睡覺不實
If it wasn't you, it would've been a siren or a dump truck.
就算不是你,警笛,垃圾車也能吵醒我
I get woken up in the middle of the night all the time.
我經常大半夜被吵醒
Some crisis somewhere in the world.
世界什么地方出現危機了
Some... situation...
戰況室
in the Situation Room.
出現了什么情況
Well, that's better than a dump truck.
比垃圾車好多了
You reached out to Tim Corbet.
你去找了蒂姆·科貝特
I did.
是啊
I spoke to him a few days ago.
我幾天前跟他通了話
He called to let me know.
他打來通知我
So you two are still close.
那么你倆很親密了
Not anymore.
現在不是了
At school we were.
在學校時是很親密
I thought he might have some insight to how you were back then.
我覺得他可能知道你當時是什么樣子
Those are formative years.
漸漸成熟起來的時期
More formative for you than for me.
可能對你更有價值
I learned how to march and shoot a gun, that's about it.
我也就是學會了走正步和開槍
I would've been better off in military school.
我要是去了軍事學院的確會更好
Yeah? Why's that?
是嗎,為什么
You go from turning tricks to being on the bestseller list
還不到合法喝酒的年紀,就從男妓
before you can legally drink, it messes with you.
一躍成為暢銷書作家,這對人沒好處
You told me your friend was the one who, uh...
你告訴我是你朋友...
I lied.
我撒謊了
Why? You ashamed?
什么,覺得恥辱嗎
First time I did it, I was scared out of my mind.
我第一次那么做,簡直嚇死了
I knock on the door, it opens...
我打開門,門開了
guy's in a satin robe.
那人穿了緞子睡袍
He's fat.
他很胖
Stringy hair, combed over his bald spot.
頭發粘粘的,梳過來蓋住了禿頂的地方
Beads of sweat rolling down his cheeks.
臉上汗如雨下
I almost ran back to the elevator.
我差點掉頭跑回電梯了
But you didn't.
但你沒有
No.
沒有
I needed the money.
我需要錢
Before I got undressed...
我脫衣服之前
he tells me that his wife just died.
他告訴我他妻子剛死了
Car accident.
車禍
Says they had plans to visit Tokyo in the spring.
他說他們本打算春天去東京玩
Tells me about his three kids.
還跟我說起了他的三個孩子
The one that was born with a cleft palate.
有一個生來唇腭裂
Describes his house in Westchester,
描述了他韋斯切斯特的房子
with a Juliet balcony in the living room.
有陽臺,有起居室
Says how beautiful she was.
還說她是多么美
Tells me he doesn't want to die.
告訴我他不想死
Never touched me once.
根本沒碰我
Sometimes it was just sex.
有時候只是性
But a lot of times, it wasn't.
但更多時候,不是的
They would tell me everything.
他們什么都告訴我
These men.
這些人
That access.
那種窺視
Those stories.
那些秘密
It was an addiction.
讓人上癮
I craved it.
我渴望它
I lived for it.
我期盼它
And then you wrote about it.
然后你給寫下來
When I got famous...
我成名后
I had to stop.
我只能收手
I tried it once, I got recognized.
我又做了一次,被人認了出來
I wasn't invisible anymore.
我不再是透明人了
I couldn't escape myself.
我無法逃離自己
I wish I could do that sometimes.
有時候,我希望我也能做到
Escape myself.
逃離自己
Is it Claire?
是因為克萊爾嗎
You didn't ask me here to talk about Tim Corbet.
你叫我來不是為了蒂姆·科貝特
What's in this for you?
你有什么好處
I'm addicted.
我上癮
To me?
對我嗎
I betrayed her.
我背叛了她
How?
怎么回事
I'm not asking as your biographer.
我不是作為你的傳記作者問你
I'm asking as your friend.
我是作為你的朋友問你
Are we friends?
我們是朋友嗎
We could pretend to be.
我們可以裝作朋友
This isn't pretend.
這不是裝
I'm real.
我是真的
You're hurting.
你在傷心
She's hurting more.
她更傷心
Everyone's hurting.
人人都有傷心事
Go home.
回家吧
You should get some sleep.
去睡會兒
And so should I.
我也該睡了
Thirty years is a long time.
三十年時間不短啊
You've made it this far.
你們都走到這一步了
Okay!
好啦
Double!
雙重攻擊
Jesus.
天吶
I didn't hear you come back.
我沒聽到你回來
I didn't want to wake you.
我不想吵你
What is it? MidEast bureau.
怎么了, 中東分局
They say the Russians are pulling out their troops.
說俄國人撤軍了
Whatever he did out there must have worked.
他的努力顯然是成功了
I wonder what it cost him.
不知道他付出了什么
We ran the different looks by a couple of focus groups.
我們找了兩個焦點小組做調查
These are the three favorites.
這三個扮相最受歡迎
Not this one.
這個不要
Uh, this one. What do you think?
這個吧,怎么樣
I like it.
我喜歡
The hair color as well? Do you mind going back to blonde?
發色也要染嗎, 介意回歸金發嗎
I'd prefer it dark.
我更喜歡深色
The groups, in Iowa, in particular, they like the blonde.
焦點小組,尤其是愛荷華州的,喜歡金發
Fine. We'll go blonde then.
好吧,那就金發
You're popular among women.
你在女性中深受歡迎
We want to push those numbers as high as we can,
我們想盡可能提高支持率
and every little bit counts.
一點一滴都很重要
You don't have to explain. We'll do the color change
你不用解釋,宣布辭職后
after we announce the resignation.
就染發
Thanks, Abbie.
謝謝,艾伯
If you don't want to, you don't have to do this.
如果你不想,就不必這么做
It's fine.
沒事
The nomination is not gonna hinge on your hair.
提不提名,不會靠你的頭發
You heard what Abbie said. Every little bit counts.
你聽到艾伯的話了,一點一滴都很重要
We'll do what we have to.
我們做我們該做的,2011年,