Previously on Boston legal
前情提要
We know who took the boy.
我們知道誰帶走了那個男孩
He kidnapped a 5yearold two years ago.
他兩年前曾經綁架過一個5歲的小孩
Anything the FBI or the police do, we have limitations.
FBI和警方有時候不便插手
What a private citizen does, however...
但是作為一個普通市民...
You're not going in there.
你不能進去
I will give you to the count of three. If you do not unlock it...
我數3聲,如果你不打開門...
I'm calling the police.
我要報警了
! You wouldn't dare.
布拉德,你不敢這樣做的
Three.
3
Okay!
好吧!
Nobody's arrested us yet.
暫時還沒人要抓我們
The FBI won't. I know that.
我知道FBI也不會
I think we saved our skin with happy ending.
我想這是大團圓結局
I'll take the blonde.
這個金發的我要了
Melissa, what are we doing in jail? They're saying I tried to rob a bank.
梅利莎我們在這干嘛呢? 他們說我試圖搶劫銀行
I didn't. I just smashed a window.
可是我沒有,我只是打破了一塊玻璃
And they say I'm a prostitute.
他們還說我是妓女呢
Which is ridiculous. Back off, Ho.
真是可笑,離我遠點,嗨
What did you say? Come on.
你說什么? 來呀
Liz?
莉斯?
Alan?
艾倫?
Oh, my God! You just dropped off the side of the earth.
噢,上帝,你就像是從地球上消失了似的
I was in a relationship.
當時我和別人好上了
But now I'm not.
但是現在我是單身
You still at 1800LIZZIE? Whoa, whoa, whoa.
你的號碼還是1800LIZZIE? 喂,喂,喂
Whoa. Hey! Remember me?
喂,別把我丟在一邊
I'm in trouble here. They arrested me.
我有麻煩了,他們逮捕了我
You're arresting me?
你要逮捕我?
Please, put your hands behind your back, sir.
請把雙手放在身后,先生
You gotta be kidding.
你在開玩笑吧
You have the right to remain silent.
你有權利保持沉默
I know my rights. What's going on?
我知道我的權利,發生什么事?
They're arresting me for assaulting the priest.
他們以襲擊牧師的罪名逮捕我
And kidnapping and false imprisonment.
還有綁架和非法拘留
Now you have the right to an attorney... Son. Son.
你有權利請律師... 孩子,孩子
This is the United States of America.
這里是美國
We don't really believe in Miranda anymore.
沒人會把米蘭達原則當回事的,(米蘭達原則,疑犯應被告知其,有權保持沉默并有權請律師)
Let's go.
我們走
Hey, hey, hey, hey! Ah, Denny Crane. I'll handle this internally.
嗨,嗨,克蘭·丹尼,這事交給我來處理吧
Sir, this man's being charged with three felonies.
先生,他被控告犯有3項嚴重罪行
Understood, but...
我知道,但是...
Denny Crane
克蘭·丹尼.
Come on.
走吧
Hey, hey, hey, hey. Come on!
嗨,嗨,別這樣!
With all that's going on in the world today,
在現在這個社會
who among us hasn't at least once wanted to take an axe to a priest?
我們當中有誰不想拿斧頭砍牧師呢?
Come on.
走吧
They're arresting him?
他們逮捕他?
And I gave it my best shot.
而且我還逗了他們一下
So they're not pressing charges.
他們不準備控告你
They're not pressing charges?
他們不控告我?
If you make restitution for the window, they've agreed not pursuing...
如果你賠償玻璃的損失,他們同意不提起控訴...
No.
不干
I'm sorry. Did you say no?
抱歉,你剛才說不?
I'm not paying for their stupid window. Forget it.
我才不會為那塊該死的玻璃賠償他們,別提了
Melissa, you smashed it. After what they've done to me! Melissa
你打破了人家的玻璃,是他們的錯!
Perhaps you should tell me exactly what they've done to you.
也許你應該告訴我他們對你做了什么
My credit card bills. You're aware I have some uh, fiscal issues?
我的信用卡帳單,你知道我有些財政上的問題吧?
It's come up.
看得出
So a few months ago, I owe one amount.
所以幾個月前,我透支了點錢
The next month it, it like triples.
一個月后,利息翻了3番
So I stop buying stuff and the next month, bam, it's even higher.
所以我不再買東西了,然而一個月后利息卻更高了
So I call the 800 number. Not Lizzie.
所以我打他們的800電話,不是Lizzie那個
And who answers? But Ms. Jones, yes.
你猜誰接? 瓊斯小姐
From New Delhi. India. Not Brighton and not Melrose India.
她在印度的新德里,不在布賴頓,不在梅爾羅斯而是印度,(布賴頓為英國地名,梅爾羅斯為麻省地名)
I mean, surprised she's not terribly helpful, right?
我指的是,令人吃驚的是她完全幫不上忙
So far I'm on her side.
到現在為止我還沒看出你對在哪
And I talked to her supervisor who says that I owe this money, plus more.
然后我和她的上司談話,他說我欠他們錢,而且越來越多
This doesn't make any sense! I need to talk to someone in America.
這完全沒有意義,我要和美國方面的人談
Hello?
聽清楚了嗎?
So all I can get is an address for Prominence's main office in Wilmington, Delaware.
我能夠找到的就是位于特拉華州,威明頓市的一個大樓地址
Like I can afford to go there. So I call them, I get a local office, I go there...
去那里我還可以接受,所以我打個電話,拿到詳細地址,然后我就去了...
and it's basically just a store front. With a big window.
但是那里只是一個店面,有著一塊大玻璃
I'm not paying for it. You are paying for it.
我不會賠他們玻璃的,你要賠他們的玻璃
And I wanna see those credit card bills.
而且我要看你的信用卡帳單
What? Suddenly you're my father now?
什么?你突然間變成我爸爸了?
Yes, sir.
是的,先生
321113, commonwealth versus Bradley Chase.
321113聯邦政府對Bradley Chase
Assault with a deadly weapon... Waive reading, judge,
用一把致命武器進行襲擊... 先別急,法官
and ask that these ridiculous charges be dismissed on the grounds of ridiculousness.
我要求撤銷這可笑的控訴,根據是這很可笑
These charges are anything but ridiculous, your honor.
這些指控一點都不可笑,法官大人
The defendant abducted one innocent man, threatened him with torture.
被告綁架了一個無辜的人,并對他嚴刑逼供
Then assaulted clergy with a deadly weapon!'
然后用一件致命的武器襲擊了一個牧師!
Pick, pick, pick, pick, pick. You think this is funny?
撿啊撿,撿啊撿,再撿,(布拉德砍掉了3根手指) 你覺得很有趣?
Your honor, my client saved the innocent life
法官閣下,我的委托人拯救了一位被綁架的孩子
of a little kidnapped child who was innocent and utterly...kidnapped.
一個無辜的孩子...被綁架了
I watch the news like everyone else, Mr. Crane.
我也看了新聞克蘭先生
And your client's conduct was shocking.
你的委托人的所作所為令人震驚
Your honor, I'd like to move for an immediate trial.
法官閣下,我申請即時進行審判
Hold on! The facts are not in dispute.
等等! 事實不容置辯
The district attorney clearly wants his fifteen minutes.
地區檢察官只是想要一顯身手而已
Why should we make him wait?
我們不要讓他久等了
If you think this is about me grabbing a spotlight...
如果你認為我只是要出出風頭...
It's always about that with you, Frank.
你一向如此弗蘭克
You've been running for office since you got out of law school.
自從你在法律學院畢業以來,你就一直想向上爬
Hold on!
等等!
You two will refrain from personal exchanges.
你們不能在這里私下交談
But it is personal, your honor.
但這是私事,法官閣下
We have a history and the opportunity for him to saddle me up as a cause.
我們之間曾有過過節,這是他報復我的好機會
You attacked a man.
你襲擊了一個人
Cutting off his fingers.
砍下了他的手指
As someone who took an oath to uphold the law, yes,
作為一個遵紀守法的人,是的
I take that personally.
我認為這是我該做的事
It's a sound bite, Frank. Might wanna save it for the cameras.
說得漂亮,留著說給媒體聽吧
Which they'll be asking you to allow in court.
我想他們會要求旁聽這個案子的
I consent. Hey!
這是好事,嗨!
I will make the rules in this courtroom.
這里我說了算
Are you ready to proceed to trial?
你準備好了進行審判嗎?
Assuming he's not alleging any diminished capacity.
如果他拒不認罪的話
I will plead not guilty on the grounds of necessity.
我將提出無罪的申辯,因為事急從權
Necessity?
事急從權?
Yes. You probably skipped over it in law school.
是的,你也許已經忘掉了在學校學到的東西
Necessity.
事急從權
Look it up, hack.
回去好好學學
The commonwealth is ready to proceed.
聯邦政府已經準備好提起訴訟
I must caution you both.
我必須要警告你們
These are serious criminal charges here.
這可是嚴重的刑事指控
I'm not sure you should want to rush to judgment.
也許你們不應該這么快下結論
Judge, you're old. I'm old.
法官,你老了,我也老了
Lock and load. Before we're dead.
箭在弦上,再等我們就掛了
Why in God's name did you press for an immediate trial?
為什么你這么急著要接受審判?
Because I want to trade on the currency of being a hero.
因為機不可失,現在對我有利
I've been featured all over the news and the jury pool is watching.
而且電視正在大肆宣傳,陪審團都在看
Even so, a conviction here means prison. I won't be convicted.
就算如此,如果罪名成立的話你會入獄的,我不會被判有罪的
How can you be sure of that? Especially since you're guilty.
為什么你那么肯定?特別是你的確是有罪
Denny Crane
丹尼·克蘭.
Look, I know this assistant DA.
要知道,我了解這個檢察官
He wants to be the DA. He's using this as a publicity...
他想出位,他正在利用這個機會...
He's also good. I've seen him try cases.
他也很厲害,我看過他上庭
Denny Crane. That is not a legal defense.
丹尼·克蘭.那可不是合法防衛
Are we happy?
我們現在處境很好嗎?
Did I not warn both of you?
我沒有事先警告過你們嗎?
You know what Shirley? Don't start. Shirley
你知道嗎?別說了
I changed that little boy's diaper. I will do anything to get him back.
我曾經為那個孩子換過尿布,為了把他救回來我會做任何事
Clearly.
任何事
Including going to jail.
包括去坐牢
Which it come to for Brad.
正如布拉德現在的狀況
All right, we're all on the same side here.
好了,我們是站在同一邊的
Really? I'm not so sure.
真的嗎?我不敢肯定這一點
Denise, If I were against you, I'd leave no doubt.
丹尼斯如果我不支持你,我就不會在這里
You're really planning to have Denny handle your defense?
你真的準備讓丹尼,為你辯護?
Well...
那個...
Denny, given the exposure of this case, not only to Brad but the firm,
丹尼基于這個案子的曝光程度,不僅涉及到布拉德還有我們事務所
how about you and I team up on this?
我和你一起辯護如何?
I'd love it.
當然好
I'll pitch. I'll call balls and strikes.
看我的,我去召集人手準備
We'll all need to sign waivers and Denise I'm gonna need to call you as a witness,
我們都需要簽棄權書,還有丹尼斯,我可能會傳召你作為證人
but before you say yes, you need consider the liability.
但是在你同意之前,你要慎重考慮一下
Yes.
好的
Not so fast.
別答應的那么快
They could charge you with conspiracy, or aiding and abetting...
他們可能會同時以同謀,幫兇和教唆罪起訴你...
I said yes. I'll testify.
我說好,我會作證的
Melissa, you're fifty thousand dollars in debt.
梅利莎你欠下了5萬元的債務
I know. How did this happen?
我知道,怎么會那么多?
I don't know. I swear. It's these people.
我不知道,我發誓,是他們做得好事
They've ruined me.
他們陷害我
Going to trial.
要開庭了
I'm swelling up just thinking about it.
一想到這我就興奮
Trials make me swell with adrenalin. Do I look swollen?
開庭讓我的腎上腺素增多,我看上去興奮嗎?
Somewhat.
有點
Denny, we're a little busy here.
丹尼我們正忙著呢
What are you doing?
你在干嗎?
Taxes? Don't you have an accountant?
稅單?你沒有請會計師嗎?
I'm helping Melissa who seems to have fallen into a black hole of debt.
我正在幫梅利莎,她看來卷入了財政危機當中
Very black.
很嚴重
What is this sudden concern of yours for people without money?
為什么你突然那么關心沒錢的人?
I need to know. You need to look at the big picture.
我需要知道,你要想深入點
If people don't have it, they might wanna steal ours.
如果人們沒有錢,他們可能會來偷我們的
Right.
沒錯
Do we have anybody in corporate who understands this credit card world?
我們這有誰比較熟悉信用卡系統運作的嗎?
Somebody... Hands.
有沒人... 怪手
Sorry? Hands Espenson.
什么? 怪手Espenson.
Banking and finance genius. Only don't call him Hands.
通曉銀行業和金融業的天才,只是不要叫他怪手就行
Why would I? Why do you?
為什么我要叫他怪手?為什么你叫他怪手?
The contract was deliberately written to confuse you.
這種合約是故意寫來誤導你的
Bait and switch. Bingo!
引你上鉤然后再做手腳,中了!
Promise one thing, say, zero percent interest.
先向你承諾,說不收利息
Then they up it to thirty percent. Bingo!
然后上調30個半分點,中了!
But, isn't that illegal? Used to be.
但是這樣不是違法的嗎? 原來是
Used to have usury laws but the States wanted the credit card business,
原來有專門的法律制約,但是國家想要發展信用卡業務
so poof! Gone! Bingo!
所以呼的一下取消了!中了!
Ever inquire about a car loan?
你是否咨詢過汽車貸款?
Actually, yes, once. Bingo!
事實上,是的,有一次,中了!
But I didn't buy the car. It doesn't matter.
但是我沒有買車,那不重要
It's called universal default.
這是業內默認的規矩
Credit bureaus share your information. All of it.
信用卡公司能夠獲得你的所有個人資料
Your credit card company just heard about your asking for a car loan. Bingo!
你的信用卡公司聽說你想申請汽車貸款,中了!
They raise your rates. Why? Because they can.
他們馬上調高你的利息,為什么?他們就是可以這么做
Why doesn't he move his hands?
為什么他不把他的手移開?
The OCC is supposed to police, they don't.
貨幣監理署本應向警方報告的,但是他們沒有
Bought off by the credit card lobbyists.
他們被信用卡公司收買了
Is he coming back?
他會回來嗎?
I have no idea.
我也不知道
What's your history with this DA?
你和那個檢察官有什么過節嗎?
We went to law school together. I beat his ass in moot court.
我們上同一所法律學校,我在模擬法庭里打敗了他
I licked him several times in criminal cases since.
從那以后好幾次刑事案件中,我對著他時占了上風
Let's just say that we're rivals.
簡單地說,我們是對頭
Denise, I'll take your testimony. Denny, can you take Brad's?
丹尼斯我負責你的證詞,丹尼你能負責布拉德的嗎?
You licked a man's ass?
你在一個男人的上面?
Denny, if you can't focus here, I'm not going to let you play.
丹尼要是你再不專心,我就不讓你參加了
This trial is a threat to Brad's freedom.
這個案子關系到布拉德的自由
It is potentially an enormous blight on this firm.
同時它有可能對我們事務所造成不好的影響
We need to win this trial. I'm sorry.
我們一定要贏這場官司,抱歉
But, tell me again why it is that we're rushing this so?
再說一次為什么我們要急著打這個官司
It's a rush job because Ginsberg plans to run for district attorney in the primaries in March.
急是因為金斯伯格打算參加,3月份的首席檢察官的選舉
He's using this as a showcase to... That explains his urgency.
他會把這個案子當作鋪路石... 因此他那么著急
What about ours?
那我們為什么那么急?
At the moment, Brad's a celebrity. His hero status can only run to our favor.
現在布拉德很出名,他的英雄事跡對我們有利
But it is a risk.
但是這很冒險
It's not too late to take a deep breath and say let's do this later.
現在把案子往后推遲一些還不算晚
Let's do it now.
我們現在就把它解決
You're sure?
你確定?
I have an erection.
我勃起了
It's a good sign.
這是個好跡象
Let the trial begin.
讓審判開始吧
I'm ready.
我準備好了
Denny Crane
蘭克·丹尼.
Denny Crane Excuse us.
蘭克·丹尼.請讓開
Excuse us, please. My poop doesn't smell.
請讓開,謝謝,我的屁不臭
We have no comment.
我們無可奉告
Comes out in pretty colors.
而且是彩色的
Denny Crane Pastels.
蘭克·丹尼.像蠟筆畫的一樣
Denny Crane
蘭克·丹尼.
And suddenly he's swinging the axe.
突然間他揮舞著斧頭
I, I put my hand out and he chopped it.
我,我伸出手然后他砍了下來
He cut three of my fingers right off, they, they just fell to the floor.
他砍斷了我3根手指,它們掉到地上
And then what happened, sir? Well, I was rushed to the hospital.
然后發生什么事,先生? 然后我沖去醫院
Two of my fingers were recovered and reattached,
其中兩根手指被重新接上
and then his colleague, that woman, came in brandishing my third finger.
然后他的同伴,那個女的,帶著我的第三根手指走了進來
She wouldn't give it back unless I revealed privileged information about one of my parishioners.
直到我違反了保密協定向她透露我的,教民的信息后,她才肯把它還給我
He cut it off, and she extorted me with it.
他砍了我的手指,而她用它來勒索我
My first question would be,
我的第一個問題是
if someone is swinging an axe, why stick your hand out?
如果有人在揮舞一把斧頭,為什么你要把手伸出來?
I didn't think he'd actually try it.
我當時以為他不敢真的砍下來
And to be clear, when you speak of your parishioner,
讓我們搞清楚,當你提起你的教民時
you refer to the man charged with kidnapping the child.
你是指那個被檢控綁架小孩的人
Well, yes.
呃,是的
And also to be clear, you knew your parishioner was a pedophile.
再說清楚點,你知道你的教民是個戀童癖
I am not going to reveal privileged information to you,
我不會向你透露任何個人隱私的
just like I wouldn't to him.
就像我不會告訴他一樣
But you did reveal information to Ms. Bauer.
但是你的確把它透露給鮑爾小姐了
You told her where your parishioner's hideaway was.
你告訴她你教民的藏身地點
You'll reveal privileged information to get your fingers back,
為了拿回你的手指,你愿意出賣隱私
but not to save the life of a child.
但是當你可以拯救一個孩子的生命的時候,你不愿意那么做
Objection. Sustained.
反對,反對有效
As a policy, if a pedophile killer confesses his crime, you'll protect that secret?
作為一項政策,當一個戀童癖殺手向你坦白,他的罪行時你也要保守這個秘密?
I cannot break the confessional seal.
我不能違反保密協議
It's Canon law.
那是教規
Is that stupid? Objection.
那不是很愚蠢嗎? 反對
I'm sorry, but the laws in this country to protect again childabuse supersede
很抱歉,但是我國有防止虐待兒童法
doctorpatient privilege, lawyerclient privilege,
有醫生病人保密法,律師委托人保密法
but not priestparishioner privilege?
但是好像沒有牧師教民保密法吧?
Has the Catholic church earned some special exemption when it comes to pedophiles?
是否基督教堂在遇到戀童癖者,的時候就可以網開一面?
Objection! Do we trust them more in this area?
反對! 是否在教堂里他們更值得信賴?
That's a cheap shot.
你的伎倆真低級
I've been known to take them.
從你那學回來的
Tell us about the Papal Blessings.
告訴我們有關教宗降福紙的事
Well...
那個...
On that matter, I, I was, uh...
在這個問題上,我,呃...
I was wayward.
我是太過任意妄為了
I apologize.
我道歉
The Vatican issues Papal Blessings at about thirty dollars a pop.
梵蒂岡出版的教宗降福紙大概是30美元一份
You decided to print them yourself and sell them directly,
你決定自行印制和直接銷售
bypassing the middleman, who in this case, happens to be the Pope.
繞過授權人,在這個案子里,應該是指教皇
Yes. As, as I said, I was wayward there.
是的,就像,像是我所說的,我有點任意妄為了
I'm just having a hard time reconciling.
我真的很難把這兩者同時和你聯系起來
You'll steal from the Pope,
你從教皇那里偷東西
but cloak yourself in Canon law when it comes to protecting a pedophile.
但是在保護一個戀童癖者,的時候你卻極力遵守教規
Do you support pedophilia? Objection!
你是否支持戀童行為? 反對!
Do I dare ask where those three fingers had been prior
恕我直言,在我的委托人動手前
to my client's chopping them off? Objection!
你的手指在干什么(數錢)? 反對!
Ms. Schmidt, you are way out of line. Schmidt
女士,你離題了
I'm sorry, judge.
我很抱歉,法官閣下
I have known many many wonderful priests in my lifetime.
我認識很多很多出色的牧師
I am not adding Father Ryan to that list.
而瑞安神父你并不屬于其中之一
Nothing further.
我問完了
Wait a second. So the deadbeats are the ones who pay off their debt?
等等,那么說老賴就是指那些欠債的人?
Bingo!
中了!
Within the credit card industry, they're called deadbeats
在信用卡產業中,他們被稱為老賴
because they don't make any money off of them.
因為信用卡公司不想從他們身上取回欠款
The ones who don't pay off,
他們也還不起
they're the preferred customers because they're the ones they make money off of.
信用卡公司喜歡這種顧客正是,因為公司能夠從欠債中獲利
They target people they know won't be able to pay.
所以他們的目標客戶正是這些還不起債的人
People like Melissa.
就像梅利莎這種人
Bingo!
中了!
You making fun of me?
你在取笑我?
No, sir.
不是的,先生
You said what I say. That's making fun.
你重復我說的話,這就是在取笑我
No! It's just...
不是的!只是因為...
B I... I used to have a dog you see, and Bingo was his name. Oh, B, I...
我曾經有一條狗,而它的名字就叫賓果
Never mind.
算了
How we doing?
怎么樣了?
We're s uing them.
我們準備起訴他們
Who?
起訴誰?
The company who gave you the credit card.
發信用卡給你的那間公司
Prominence Bank. We, we're suing them?
Prominence銀行,我們,我們要起訴他們?
We can't sue, can't sue. Too big, too big.
我們不能這么做,他們太大了,太大了
The bigger they are, Jerry.
他們越是大公司杰里
We're suing them.
我們越是要起訴他們
What do you mean I'm not testifying?
我不能夠作證是什么意思?
The problem is, if Brad testifies and you testify,
問題在于,如果你和布拉德都作證
that gives the prosecution two more opportunities
那會為他們額外提供兩個機會
to play out this horrific chain of events.
來擊敗我們
There's nothing you can say that Brad can't say.
你能說的布拉德也能說
I can support what he says. True.
我可以證實他的證詞,沒錯
But since you're the one that twiddled the severed finger using it for blackmail purposes,
但是由于你是那個用手指進行勒索的人
there's the outside chance you'll come off as less than adorable.
這會增加你的反面印象
Shirley...
雪莉...
Denise, the D.A. will have a field day.
丹尼斯檢察官會以此大做文章的
You ready? I am.
你準備好了嗎? 好了
More importantly, are you ready?
更重要的是,你準備好了嗎?
Lock and...
箭在...
Denny, maybe I should take this.
丹尼還是由我來吧
Shirley, if the jury doesn't get to see me in action,
雪莉如果陪審團見不到我表演
they'll feel cheated. They'll think we cheated them.
他們會感覺受騙了,他們會認為我們在欺騙他們
Walk them through what happened,
向他們陳述發生的事
giving Brad a chance to explain why he did what he did and...
給布拉德一個機會解釋他為什么要這么做...
I know how to question a witness, Shirley.
我知道怎么詢問一個證人雪莉
Denny, our whole case is his testimony.
丹尼他的證詞是整個案子的關鍵所在
Who's?
誰的?
Kidding. I'm ready.
說笑的,我準備好了
Just for fun, show me how you plan to start off.
告訴我你準備怎么開場,我很好奇
Brad, what occasioned you to even get involved,
布拉德在什么情況下你會
pretending to be an FBI officer?
假扮成一個FBI官員?
His response will occasion the jury to feel
他的回答必須讓陪審團感到
and experience the horror of a child being kidnapped.
一個孩子被綁架了是很可怕的事
Like it was their child.
就像發生在他們的孩子身上一樣
Good. There.
很好,當然
You must show contrition. You must be apologetic.
你必須表現出悔意,你必須表現出歉意
You did what you did to get the child back,
你的所作所為只是為了救回孩子
but you feel compassion and sympathy for everybody you victimized.
但是你對在過程中被你傷害的,人們感到非常的同情和遺憾
Got it.
明白了
Do not make yourself the story.
別顧著出風頭
The jury needs to be focused on him.
陪審團的注意力要放在他身上
Did you just say don't make me the story?
你剛才說我不能成為焦點?
He's coming here? Tomorrow?
他要過來?明天?
Claiming he wants to work things out. Can't meet, can't meet.
宣稱他要解決問題,不能見,不能見
What do you mean you can't meet? I don't do meetings.
不能見指什么? 我不能見人
I'm background.
我是做幕后工作的
You've got all the expertise, Jerry, and I need you to be around.
你是專家Jerry,而且我需要你在場
I'll give you a memo. Just a whisper in my ear.
我會給你準備好備忘錄的,只是在我身邊小聲說就行了
You won't even have to talk out loud. And I'll do all the gesturing.
你甚至不需要大聲說話,就算你的手勢我也幫你做了
I'm sorry. That was an extremely poor joke and I apologize.
對不起,這是個不恰當的笑話,我道歉
Is he like the president of the company? Or...
他是不是公司的總裁?或者...
He's their general counsel, actually. Happens to be in Boston.
他是他們的首席法律顧問,事實上,他剛好在波士頓
Jerry, I'm sorry.
杰里,對不起
I need you.
我需要你
I'll be present.
我會在場的
I'll give feedback on my computer. You can read it off the screen.
我會把意見寫在電腦上,你可以在屏幕上看到
Deal!
成交!
I am so sorry.
我很抱歉
I'm the one who led you into all this.
事情都是因我而起
You have nothing to apologize for, Denise. I made my own decision.
你不需要道歉丹尼斯,是我決定這么做的
But a week ago you were up for partner, and now you're up on trial.
但是一個星期前你被提名當合伙人,而現在你卻成了被告
Denise, the little boy is alive.
丹尼斯那個小男孩還活著
Unfortunately that's not the issue.
很遺憾這個論點沒有用
Well, it is for me.
對我而言有用
Are you always like this?
你總是這樣嗎?
Like what?
怎樣?
Brad, you could be looking at jail.
布拉德你可能會進監獄
It's okay to show a little fear.
有點擔憂是很正常的
Okay.
說得對
Thanks.
謝謝
Okay. Thanks. That's it?
好的,謝謝,就這樣?
Denise, what do you want me to do?
丹尼斯你想我怎么做?
Cry? We got the kid back.
哭?我們把孩子救回來了
If I had to do it all over again, I would do it again.
如果讓我再選擇一次,我還會那么做的
I'll live with the consequences.
我會堅持下去的
Okay.
好吧
So I'll see you in court.
那么法庭上見
Yep.
好的
How's my hair? Does my hair work?
我的頭發怎么樣?看起來好嗎?
It does appear to grow each month.
好像從來沒見它們長過
It's my first settlement conference.
這是我第一次參加協商會
There is a lot of power in a woman's hair.
女性的頭發能起到很關鍵的作用
Yes, there is.
是的
I think we'll let my slightly less powerful hair run the meeting.
我想應該讓我這稀少而且,沒那么關鍵的頭發來發揮作用
Good morning.
早上好
Melvin Palmer. How are you?
我是梅爾文·帕默,你好嗎?
I'm grand, actually but I go by Alan Shore.
我很好,但是比不上艾倫·肖爾
A pleasure.
幸會
This is Melissa Hughes.
這位是梅利莎· 休斯
I would be your plaintiff.
我是原告
And real honor to meet you, Melissa.
十分榮幸見到你梅利莎
Melvin Palmer
梅利莎· 休斯
Jerry Espenson. He doesn't shake.
杰里·彭森他不握手的
Excellent! Well then, shall we get started?
很好!那么,我們開始吧?
You're not gonna be cheerful about all this, are you?
你不會認為這很好玩吧?
You know, I have been told to keep my exuberance down
你知道嗎,我總是被要求嚴肅一點
until people have had their morning coffee.
讓人們可以喝完他們的咖啡
Let me tell you a little about me.
讓我告訴你一些關于我的事
Oh, dear.
噢
I am a problem solver. It's what I love to do.
我是負責解決問題的,這也是我的興趣
Now I consider it a personal failure when one of my cases ends up in court.
如果問題鬧上法庭,那我會視之為我的失敗
I also feel I haven't succeeded when people walk away from one of my tables unhappy.
如果人們不能從我的談判桌上滿意地離開,我同樣視之為我的失敗
It's actually our table.
事實上,這是我們的桌子
What I do in matters like this? I set aside my whole day, okay?
一般情況下我怎么做呢?我會花上一整天時間
Because the goal is finding a solution.
因為我的目標是找到一個解決方法
One that works for you, and one that works for us.
既能夠滿足你們的要求,又能夠讓我們所接受
That's just the way I work.
這就是我做事的方式
So this doesn't have to be an acrimonious experience.
所以不必要把事情搞得那么嚴肅
Wonderful.
很好
Why don't we begin then by you giving her back all her money?
那不如你直接把她的錢還給她吧
Well, well...
很好,很好...
I don't know if we can do that.
我不知道我是否能這么做
But I do think we can make this pretty young woman happy.
但是我想我有辦法讓這位年輕漂亮的女士高興
Okay, then.
好吧,那么
We have this saying in Texas,
我們在得克薩斯州有句話
Time to let the horses out of the barn.
是驢是馬帶出來溜溜
You swear to tell the truth, the whole truth
你發誓你所說的話句句屬實
and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
因此上帝拯救你?
I do.
是的
Denny!
丹尼!
First off, if it had been my child who had been kidnapped,
首先我要說,如果被綁架的是我的孩子
there are no words that could express my gratitude. I'm sure we all agree.
那我不知道如何表達我的感激之心,我想我們都同意這點
Objection.
反對
Mr. Crane, do not address the jury.
克蘭先生,不要向陪審團說話
Oh, I'm sorry.
噢,抱歉
Brad, first question.
布拉德第一個問題
I got involved because my colleague Denise Bauer came to me distraught
我參與此事是因為我的同事,丹尼斯·鮑爾很煩惱地對我說
that her housekeeper's child had been kidnapped
她的管家的孩子被綁架了
and frustrated the police and FBI were making no progress.
而警方和FBI沒有取得任何進展
Second question.
第二個問題
I went to a friend of mine Kevin Drummond at the FBI and asked him for help.
我向我在FBI的朋友凱文·德拉蒙德,求助
Third question.
第三個問題
He told me that while the FBI was limited by State action
他告訴我FBI對此無能為力
that private citizens had sometimes successfully taken things into their own hands.
但是作為市民有時候可以自己解決問題
Fourth question.
第四個問題
Objection. He's not asking any questions.
反對,他根本沒有提出問題
I told him last night the questions I was gonna ask him.
我昨晚已經問過他了
Judge, I'm just trying to speed things up for the jury
法官,我只是不想讓陪審團浪費更多的時間
who I know are already annoyed at even being here for this ridiculous prosecution.
在這個可笑的指控上,他們坐在這里已經夠無聊的了
Objection.
反對
Mr. Crane...
克蘭先生...
Denny Crane Call me Denny, judge.
丹尼·克蘭叫我Denny,法官
You will ask the question in their entirety,
你必須完整地把你的問題說出來
so that we may understand what the witness is answering.
這樣我們才能夠知道證人在回答什么
Outrageous! You kidnapped an innocent man?
真無禮! 你綁架了一個無辜的人?
Now the brother wasn't so innocent.
現在他不是無辜的了
He'd provided safe harbor for the suspect, and he had information.
他為疑犯提供藏身之處,而且他有我們需要的信息
So that's when you used violence? Threatened violence.
因此你對他使用暴力? 是威脅
Only threatened? Only threatened.
只是威脅而已? 只是威脅而已
Didn't use it? Did not.
沒有使用暴力? 沒有
What a fiend.
高手
He's making light of a kidnapping, false imprisonment...
他正在為綁架和非法監禁作掩飾?
Objection!
反對!
You're a witness.
你是證人
Objection! Objection! Objection!
反對!反對! 反對!
Stop it!
夠了!
None of us is making light of this, judge.
我們并沒有掩飾什么,法官閣下
We're just trying to put some perspective on things.
我們只是試圖獲得一些信息
There is no question before the witness. Sustained.
證人不能私自作答,反對有效
What can you tell us about perspective? Objection.
你獲得了什么信息? 反對
That's a question! Sustained.
這是個問題! 反對有效
The brother told you about the priest? Yes.
那個弟兄和你說了牧師的事? 是的
And that's when you went to the church and cut off his fingers?
因此你去教堂砍了他的手指?
I swung an axe at his imported door knowing it cost a lot of money.
我在他的一扇門口揮舞斧頭,因為我知道那扇門很值錢
How much? Nine thousand.
值多少? 9千
Dollars? Dollars.
美元? 美元
For a door? He somehow could afford it.
只是一扇門? 他不知道為什么負擔的起
Objection. Bitch, bitch.
反對,賤人,賤人
Mr. Crane! Call me Denny, judge.
克蘭先生! 叫我丹尼,法官
No, I will not call you Denny! So you swung at the door?
不,我不會叫你丹尼的! ,所以你朝那扇門揮舞斧頭?
I only wanted to make him think that I was about to destroy the door
我只是想讓他認為我要打爛那扇門
and he stuck his hand out right at the last second.
然后他在最后一秒把手放了上去
I never meant to make contact. It was an accident.
我并不想砍的,是一場意外
You didn't mean to hit his hand?
你并不想砍他的手?
No. And I regret that I did.
不,而且我為此感到很后悔
To the extent that it led to the safe recovery of Tito Perez, I'm glad about that.
雖然因此能夠挽救Tito Perez的性命,,這令我很高興
But I never meant to cause any physical injury to Father Ryan.
但是我絕不想對瑞安神父,造成任何物理上的傷害
And again, I apologize.
因此再次,我道歉
Denny Crane. Fair and balanced.
克蘭·丹尼和諧社會
The nut job. Fair and balanced.
苦差事,和諧社會
Denny Crane
克蘭·丹尼·
That was you not becoming the story?
不是叫你不要出風頭嗎?
I was practically invisible. What the hell was that about?
我剛才基本上是隱形的,你到底在打什么主意?
The prosecutor wants to horrify the jury.
檢舉人想要陪審團討厭我們
We were diluting the horroscope.
我們則減輕他所做的影響
To my money, you trivialized it.
你能做的事就是把我的錢包重量減輕
You may have just alienated the jury.
你可能使陪審員們反感
People like a happy ending.
人們都喜歡大團圓結局
The child came home safe. We play the happy ending.
孩子平安到家,我們導演了這個結局
It's not that simple, Denny. Yes, it is, Shirley.
不是那么簡單的丹尼,是的,就是那么簡單雪莉
We're talking juries.
我們在說陪審員
It always comes down to simple.
他們總是那么天真純潔
And, I mean, there's nobody simpler than me.
我是指,沒人能比我更純潔了
Please tell me you're making this up. I am not.
請告訴我你能夠解決此事,我不行
He said, question one, question two, question three and so forth.
他說,第一個問題,第二個,第三個,類推
Almost as if he were deliberately mocking the whole proceeding.
好像是他故意要嘲笑整個庭審過程
And we could very well lose, Paul. Is he out of his mind?
我們很可能會輸,保羅 ,他是不是瘋了?
Well, he's always out of it.
那個,他一向都是那么瘋
Clearly it's where he's most comfortable.
很明顯他最喜歡在法庭上瘋
What are you doing in my office?
你們在我的辦公室干嘛?
This is my office, Denny.
這是我的辦公室,丹尼
Oh...
噢...
That must mean I've come to see you.
那就是說我有事來找你們
Why?
什么事呢?
I don't know.
我不知道
It could be to say we were right to mock the proceedings.
我猜可能是想說我的做法是對的
A child was saved. That's what you say in your closing.
一個孩子得到拯救,你的結案陳詞就那么說
It isn't. Yes, it is.
不好,就這樣說
That's the button for your closing.
這是你結案陳詞的關鍵
It's that simple.
就是那么簡單
It's not polite to talk about crazy people behind their backs.
在瘋子背后亂說話是不禮貌的
I accept that I have debt and that I should pay it.
我承認我欠下了債務而且我也會償還它
But to suddenly up it from ten to fifty thousand? I...
但是突然從1萬元變成5萬元?我...
Melissa...
梅麗莎...
You know in the short time that we've spent together,
你要知道雖然我們才剛見面
I can appreciate that you are an honorable person.
我認為你是一個值得尊敬的人
And one that lives up to her obligation. Am I right about that?
和一個勇于承擔責任的人,我說的對嗎?
Yes.
對的
Well, you did apply for the Prominence bank card
那么,你的確是申請了我們的信用卡
and entered into a contract accepting its terms.
也同意了我們的合同條款
I'm right about that too, aren't I? Yes.
我說的對嗎? 對的
And you then went out
然后你外出
and made voluntary purchases pursuant to the terms of that contract.
在我們條款的適用范圍內自發地進行了購物
These sound like trial questions.
這問題聽起來像是個圈套
Oh, I assure you they are not.
噢,我向你保證不是
No. See. Here's the thing about me.
不是的,我再向你說說我的為人
I like to take the adversary out of adversary system, okay?
請你不要把我當成你的敵人,好嗎?
I'm just trying to get the full picture here
我只是想從大局出發
so that I can better understand where you're coming from.
這樣我可以更好的了解你
And so you can better understand me.
你也可以更好的了解我
You seem swell.
你看上去的確很自大
Of course, we're all happy that Tito Perez was rescued safely.
當然,我們都很高興見到Tito Perez沒事
But the ends cannot justify the means.
但是這并不能說明為達成目的可以不擇手段
Not when the means involve kidnapping,
也不意味著可以通過綁架途徑來解決
FBI impersonation, false imprisonment, chopped off fingers, extortion and assault.
假扮FBI成員,非法監禁,敲詐勒索,襲擊傷人
And whether he intended to severe the fingers of Father Ryan or not...
無論他是否有意砍掉瑞安神父的手指...
he clearly and intentionally swung that axe with reckless disregard.
他的確是在不計后果的情況下,對別人造成了傷害
We are a nation of laws.
我們是個法制國家
We are also a country that stands for civil liberties and human rights.
我們同時也是個有著自由和人權的國家
These are principals embedded in our constitution.
這些都是我們憲法的基礎
Our Bill of Rights.
也是我們權利法案的根本
This man not only broke the law.
這個人不僅違反了法律
He obliterated fundamental constitutional tenants in the process.
在這個過程中他更是動搖了我們憲法的基石
Vigilante justice may be acceptable in other lands.
這種所謂的替天行道也許,可以為其他地方所允許
It is not so here.
但是在這里行不通
This is... Here it comes.
這里是... 來了
the United States of America.
美立堅合眾國
Don't even think about it.
想都不要想
We keep hearing about the rights of the accused in this country.
在我們國家總是可以聽到被告擁有的各種權利
What about the victims?
那受害人呢?
What about his rights? We're supposed to say,
他的權利呢?我們也許會說
"Sorry, Tito, we've love to save you, but there are these rules?"
"對不起Tito,我們很想救你,可是我們要遵守規定?"
There's a murder in this country every thirtyone minutes,
這個國家每31分鐘就有一起謀殺案
a forcible rape every six minutes, a robbery every one minute.
每6分鐘就有一起強奸,每1分鐘有一起搶劫
But, "Hey! let's all band together and protect the constitutional principals"
但是,"嗨!讓我們團結起來保護憲法的根本"
"that make this country great".
"它讓我們的國家更美好"
Things clearly got ugly here.
雖然所用手段不是那么光明
But a human life was at stake.
但是當時有一條生命在受到威脅
With all due respect to the civil liberties of the suspect's brother,
為了尊重疑犯的兄弟的自由權利
with great deference to Canon law
為了順從教規
and Father Ryan's Italian imported door and his fingers,
還有保護Ryan神父那,意大利進口的門和他的手指
the life of a four year old boy was at stake.
一個四歲的男孩的生命危如累卵
Brad Chase saved that little boy's life.
布拉德·蔡斯救了那個小男孩的生命
It's that simple.
就這么簡單
You're not giving me anything here?
你不準備給我任何答復?
First of all, if I were to forgive your obligations, believe it or not,
首先,如果我免去了你的債務,信不信由你
I'd be hurting you.
我是在害你
Hurting me?
害我?
Okay, this is me.
這就是我的做事方式
The way I raise my own kids. It's not what you give them.
這就是我教育孩子的方式,不僅僅是給予
It's how you teach them to get things for themselves.
更應該教會他們自己自食其力
Just making sure you're real.
只是確定你是真的存在
You know, I don't know you yet, Mr. Shore.
我還不認識你呢肖爾先生
But I get this feeling I'm gonna like you.
但是我感覺我會喜歡你的
May I ask? You spoke of honoring obligations as if it's a good thing?
我想請問?守信還債對你而言好像是件好事?
Indeed I did.
的確是
Then why do you and other credit card companies
那為什么你們這些信用卡公司
refer to the customers who pay off their debts promptly as deadbeats?
喜歡招攬還不起債的老賴作為顧客?
Well, that's not a term I would personally use.
好吧,我并不傾向于使用這個詞
No. Because you're swell.
當然,因為你是自大狂
But your company uses the term like a mantra.
但是你們公司常把這個詞掛在嘴邊
Here's the thing.
是這樣的
Let me tell you a little about me and why I chose to represent Prominence Bank.
讓我告訴你一些關于我自己的事,還有為什么我要為Prominence銀行工作
Like any other credit card service, it's a business, sure.
就像其他信用卡業務一樣,這是一門生意
But it is a service.
但是也是一種服務
We help people who are short of cash.
我們幫助囊中羞澀的人
Help them make their rent so they don't get thrown out on the street.
幫助他們交房租,避免他們流落街頭
Help them make a car payment so they can get to work.
幫助他們買車,使他們可以去上班
Help them buy Christmas presents for their children during tough times.
幫助他們在困難日子里,為他們的孩子買圣誕節禮物
You're like Santa Claus.
你就像圣誕老人
I can see you and I need to go out and shoot some ducks together.
我想我們可以一起出去射射鴨子
Do you explain all the credit terms to your customers?
你向你的顧客解釋了所有的服務條款嗎?
Well, they're on the back of every application.
是的,每張申請表后面都有
Like this? With the tiny print?
像這個?用這么小的字?
I have JD and an MBA from Harvard and
我擁有哈佛大學的法學博士和MBA學位
even I can't make heads nor tails of this deception and fraud.
但是我都不能分辨出里面的詭計和陷阱
It's deception and fraud!
這些欺詐行為!
Well, look who found his tongue!
原來他會說話!
And you, Mr. Shore.
至于你肖爾先生
You're a hoot. That's what.
你是個怪胎
Is it true your company actually targets people with bad credit ratings?
你們公司事實上把擁有糟糕信用度,的人群作為目標,是嗎?
Well, we have an extremely complex marketing strategy,
可以這么說,我們擁有極為復雜的市場策略
one that I'v be happy to take some time and explain to you.
有些我很樂意花些時間解釋給你聽
That's okay.
不用了
I think I've got it.
我想我明白了
You find people in dire straits and market directly to them
你尋找一些處于困境的人作為市場目標
with the hope of forming a lifelong relationship.
希望能夠和他們建立終生的合作關系
I had a former client who kind of operated his business the same way.
我原來有個委托人的生意手法和你一樣
Really? What line of work was he in?
真的?他做哪行的?
He sold heroin.
他賣海洛因
My friend, I'm not a man who offends easily.
我的朋友,我不是一個容易動氣的人
So I could call you a loan shark and you'd be fine.
那么我可以稱你為借高利貸的,你應該不會反對
When you charge your customers 30 percent interest, you're a loan shark.
當你向你的顧客收取30%的利息,你就是高利貸者
That term implies criminal conduct.
這個詞帶有犯罪意味
It's not criminal,
不是犯罪
because your parasitic lobbyists have penetrated both aisles of Congress.
因為你們的說客遍布國會的每個角落
The credit card industry is more profitable than McDonalds, Microsoft and Walmart.
信用卡產業獲得的利潤比麥當勞,微軟和沃爾馬都要高
You've got yourself a multibillion dollar racket going, Mr. Palmer.
你自己就過著紙醉金迷,花天酒地的生活,Palmer先生
Given that we are bigger than Walmart or McDonalds or Microsoft,
考慮到我們比沃爾馬或者麥當勞,又或者微軟更巨型
we enjoy some security.
我們也享有某些保障
And potential lawsuits like this?
至于象這樣潛在的官司?
We have an expression in Texas, Mr. Shore.
我們在得克薩斯有句話Shore先生
You're all hat, and no cattle.
你們是,扯虎皮,做大旗
Here's the thing about me.
告訴你我的看法
I am a hoot.
我是個怪胎
But I insist on putting adversary back into the system.
但是我喜歡和社會規則作對
And I do it openly and notoriously for all to hear.
而且我喜歡大搖大擺地公開做反派
While a swell guy like you doesn't want the public to know
而相反,像你這樣的自大狂,卻喜歡做偷雞摸狗的事
that of the thousands of industries tracked by the Better Business Bureau,
以免被讓人知道在商業信譽良好,監督局的記錄中
the credit card racket is number one in customer complaints.
信用卡欺詐位于顧客投訴的榜首
You don't want them to know that you deliberately target
你不想讓他們知道你們的目標
those who won't be able to pay off their debts.
是那些還不起錢的人
People you call, revolvers.
那些你們稱為冤大頭的人
People who see, zero percent interest in big blue print,
他們看到利率為零就很高興
and don't know that with just one late payment,
卻不知道只要他們不能及時還款
you skyrocket their interest to 30 percent.
他們的利率馬上攀升到30%
That if they so much as inquire about leasing a car, you raise their rates.
他們只要動了一下租車的念頭,你們就馬上提高他們的利率
You don't want the public to know that while over seven million families
你不想讓大眾知道有7百萬家庭
have filed for bankruptcy in the last five years,
在過去5年內宣布破產
you got Congress to change the bankruptcy code
而你們促使國會修改破產法
to make it next to impossible for people to discharge credit card debt.
使他們不得不繼續清償信用卡債務
You don't want people to know that the credit card industry is
你不想讓人們知道信用卡產業
essentially a pack of hyenas crunching on the bones of the poor, do you?
就像是一群窮兇極惡的土狗,在啃噬窮人的骨頭,對嗎?
I smell something awful.
我聞到一陣臭味
I think it's you.
我想是你這傳來的
Yes, this case has the stench of big tobacco and asbestos all over it.
是的,這個案子本身就是腐臭不堪
Luckily our firm has nine offices around the US, London and Hong Kong,
幸好我們事務所擁有位于美國,倫敦和香港等9家辦事處
strategically positioned for massive class action suits.
這是專為進行大規模的訴訟案而設置的
And once the company you represent smells it, too.
因此,一旦你的公司也聞到了這股臭味
They'll find you're not nearly smart or powerful enough
他們就會發現你既不聰明又沒有能力
and they'll drop you for a firm that employs expertise and intimidation
然后他們就會發現作為一家,專業從事敲詐的公司
rather than down home hokum and smiley handshakes.
請一個只會說廢話和微笑握手的人是多余的
And this is my favorite part,
接下來就是我最喜歡的部分
when your firm fires your obsequiese ass for losing their client, oh, my God!
當你的公司因為你丟掉了他們的客戶,而解雇你時,噢,我的天!
The stress! Your tan will fade, you'll gain a few pounds,
壓力出現了!你再也不能去曬太陽了,你的收入也變少了
drink a bit more, scream at the kids,
你開始酗酒,向孩子們大喊
and maybe your wife will finally leave you.
而也許你的妻子最后會離開你
For the realtor who sells your house
嫁給那個賣掉你房子的房地產經紀人
because after all he'll still be able to afford Christmas in Aruba
因為畢竟他還可以去阿魯巴島過圣誕,(阿魯巴島為荷屬安的列斯群島中的大島)
and next year's convertible.
還可以在下一年買一輛敞蓬車
Hey, fella. Don't worry about it.
嗨,伙計,別擔心
It'll be a hoot.
我只是說說而已
You okay?
你還好吧?
Brad!
布拉德
Jury's back. Already?
陪審團回來了,那么快?
Let's go.
我們走吧
Mr. Shore...
肖爾先生...
May I borrow a moment of your time?
我能和你說幾句嗎?
At 30 percent interest.
我要收取30%的利息
You know what you are?
你知道你像什么嗎?
You're a pistol, that's what.
你就像把手槍
Listen. I've thought a lot of many of the issues you raised.
聽著,你的話讓我想了很多
And, well, you touched me.
而且,好吧,你感動了我
Did I?
我有嗎?
It was certainly never our intent to victimize Melissa.
我們絕對沒有傷害梅麗莎的意圖
Or anybody for that matter in her financial constraints.
或者是限制她的經濟自由
No? I talked to my clients.
真的? 我和我的客戶解釋
Relayed to them that, well...
傳達我的看法,而且...
You were touched.
你們被感動了
We've decided to forgive all debts and loans to Melissa.
我們決定免除梅麗莎的債務和款項
Just wipe it clean. How about that?
一筆勾銷,你覺得怎么樣?
Now I'm touched. Of course...
現在我被感動了,當然...
my people are concerned about precedent.
我的客戶很擔心一旦開了先例
And others demanding similar amnesty so...
其他人也提出同樣的要求的話...
the offer would have to be conditioned on confidentiality.
我們的交易必須建立在保密的基礎上
Well, May I say as a personal aside,
很好,讓我說句心里話
it has been a real pleasure meeting both you and Melissa.
見到你和梅麗莎真是我的榮幸
I wish you continued health and happiness in the future.
我希望你們有個健康快樂的未來
You know we have a little saying in Massachusetts.
在麻省我們經常說
Maybe someday you'll get horribly sick and die.
也許有一天你會得重病然后死掉
Until then!
在那之前祝你好運!
You...
你...
You dog.
你這個壞蛋
Mr. Foreman, have you reached a verdict?
陪審團主席,你們達成一致看法了嗎?
We have, your honor. What say you?
是的,法官閣下,是什么?
On the charge of kidnapping we find the defendant, Bradley Chase...
對于綁架的指控,我們認為被告布拉德利·蔡斯...
not guilty.
無罪
On the charge of false imprisonment we find the defendant, Bradley Chase...
對于非法監禁的指控,我們認為被告布拉德利·蔡斯...
not guilty.
無罪
On the charge of aggravated assault, we find the defendant, Bradley Chase...
對于嚴重傷人的指控,我們認為被告布拉德利·蔡斯...
not guilty.
無罪
The jury is dismissed.
陪審團可以解散了
The court thanks you for your service.
法庭謝謝你們的參與
Mr. Chase, you are free to go.
蔡斯先生,你可以走了
Though personally I find your behavior to be shocking and outrageous!
雖然我個人認為你的行為令人震驚和無恥!
We are adjourned.
休庭
Thank you.
謝謝你
You got lucky, Brad. You do know that.
你很幸運布拉德,你要知道
I know.
我知道
Denny?
丹尼?
Thanks.
謝謝
Thank you.
謝謝你
First of all, I just wanna say thankyou.
首先,我要向你說謝謝
Which, of course, goes totally without saying, but I'm saying it anyway.
雖然,這不是一句謝謝可以表達的,無論如何我還是要說聲謝謝
Second, I will work here for free to pay off my legal fees if you want me to.
其次,我會在這免費工作來償還律師費用,如果你要我這樣做的話
I don't.
當然不用
Third, and this is not a comeon, it is just a statement of fact.
再次,并沒有其他意思,我說的只是事實
When you rattled off that whole, you don't want the public to know, laundry list...
當你說出那堆話,你不想公眾知道之類的...
That was the single sexiest thing I have ever seen a man do.
這是我見過的男人所做的最性感的事
You should see me when I do it naked.
你應該看看我在裸體的時候說一次
I'm just gonna go, um, change my...
我要去,呃,換我的...
screensaver.
屏保
We won our case. Did you hear?
我們贏了官司,你聽說了嗎?
I did.
聽說了
Brad must be relieved.
布拉德可以松一口氣了
How'd your case with Hands go?
你和怪手的案子如何了?
Well.
很好
Can I ask you something, friend to friend?
我可以問你一些事嗎,僅我們之間?
Of course.
當然可以
Shirley made this comment,
雪莉說了句話
"Don't make it about me".
"不要顧著自己出風頭"
Do I do that?
我是這樣的嗎?
Get outta town. Seriously.
一枝獨秀,說認真的
Do I act like I'm the only one in the room?
我的行為就像房子里只有我一人嗎?
Denny, one of the things I love about you is when we talk. Denny
我喜歡你的其中一個理由,就是當我們談話的時候
Often it's as if you're not even in the room.
你好像根本就不在這里
Promise?
保證?
I was brilliant by the way.
話說回來,我的確很搶眼
I wish you've been there.
我真希望你也在那兒
I wish I had as well, Denny.
我也希望我在,丹尼
I must tell you though,
然而我必須要說
it's not that I don't appreciate the value of fascistic problem solving,
雖然我并不是反對這種片面地解決問題方式
but given Brad and the FBI's tactics here,
但是按照布拉德和FBI的做法
if I had been the prosecutor, Brad'd be in prison tonight.
如果我是檢察官,布拉德今晚,就要在監獄里度過了
And if I'd be representing the pedophile,
而如果我是那個戀童癖的律師
I'd be getting him out.
我會讓他脫罪
I'd have shot him.
我會開槍射他
Right.
沒錯
Think we'll ever see the day when the defense lawyer...
有沒有想過如果有一天辨方律師...
will be legally permitted to shoot the defendant?
可以合法地開槍射自己的委托人?
We seem to be making progress.
世界總是在進步
Denny Crane
克蘭·丹尼。
I'll be your attorney.
我將會是你的律師