I just got a very interesting phone call from Fran Culpepper.
剛才我從弗蘭·卡爾佩珀那里接到一個非常有趣的電話。
She wanted to make sure your mom baked enough cookies for tonight's benefit.
她想來確定你媽媽是否為今晚的義演活動準備了充足的小餅干。
That is interesting. Why is that interesting?
那真有趣。這有什么有趣的?
Because if the benefit was really cancelled, like your mom said, why would Fran culpepper need cookies?
因為如果像你媽媽說的那樣演出取消了,那么弗蘭·卡爾佩珀為什么還需要小餅干呢?
Ah, I see where you're going with this. Mom baked cookies and she didn't tell us.
哦,我明白你在說什么了。媽媽做了餅干卻沒有告訴我們。
Uh, going somewhere?
額,你這是要去哪兒?
Charlie can't sleep, so I thought I'd take her out for a drive.
查莉不肯睡覺,所以我想我該帶她出去兜兜風。
A little dolled up, aren't we?
是不是有點打扮得太過漂亮了?
Thank you. I always try to look my best.
謝謝。我總是想把我最好的一面展示出來。
Hey. Hey. Can I come in? Whatever.
嘿。嘿。我能進來嗎?隨便你。
I got you something. His name is Berry sowwy. See, 'cause it's a strawberry and I'm sowwy...Berry sowwy.
我給你帶來了些東西。他的名字叫貝里·索伊。看到了嗎,因為它是草莓我是索伊...非常·抱歉。
Wow, looks like you felt real bad...Oh, 99 cents bad.
喔,看起來你很不好受,哦,原來只有九十九美分。
Actually I found it on the bus.
事實上我是在公交車上找到的。
Do you forgive me? Well, I don't know. I'm very mad at you.
你能原諒我嗎?我不知道。我對你感到非常生氣。
Well, stop being mad. I don't like it. I know. I don't like it either.
好了,別生氣了。我不喜歡這樣。我知道。我也不喜歡這樣。
I know I messed up. It's just I've never had a boyfriend before. I didn't know what to do.
我知道我搞砸了。我之前從沒交過男朋友。我不知道該怎么做。
Look, Ivy, there are gonna be times when you have a boyfriend and I don't or when I have a boyfriend and you don't.
聽著,艾薇,總有那么一段時間你有男朋友的時候我沒有,或者我有男朋友的時候你沒有。
I like it better the first way. Okay.
我喜歡前面一種情況。好吧。
But the point is since we're best friends forever, no matter what, we have to be honest with each other.
但關鍵是因為我們是永遠的好朋友,無論發生什么,我們都該坦誠相待。
You're so right. And from here on out, I promise to always be honest with you. We good?
你說的太對了。從現在起,我保證我不會再騙你了。我們和好了嗎?
Yeah, we're good. We're good. Oh, so did we win the trial?
是的,我們和好了。我們和好了。哦,那么審判我們贏了嗎?
What do you think? The prosecutor ran out and the star witness forgot everything she was supposed to say.
你說呢?檢察官跑了,目擊證人也忘了她本該說的話。
We're a good team. Oh yeah. Oh yes.
我們是個好組合。對,沒錯。太好了。