1、hang on
等一會兒;稍等
Can you hang on for a minute?
你能不能稍等一會兒?
Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.
稍等,我跟你一起去。
(面對困難或阻力)堅持不懈,不泄氣
Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.
假如沒有我父母的支持,我可能已經徹底垮掉了。但我還是堅持了下來。
Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.
曼聯隊堅持到了最后,奪得了足總杯的冠軍。
保住;守住
The British driver was unable to hang on to his lead.
英國車手沒能保住自己的領先地位。
The President has been trying hard to hang onto power.
總統一直在設法抓住權力不放。
2、get back
恢復(原來的狀態)
Then life started to get back to normal.
隨后生活又恢復了正常。
I couldn't get back to sleep.
我再也睡不著了。
對…進行報復
The divorce process should not be used as a means to get back at your former partner.
不應該在辦理離婚手續上報復以前的伴侶。
I'm going to get you back so badly you'll never to be able to show your face again.
我要狠狠地還以顏色,讓你從此無臉見人。
回到,重提(原來的話題)
It wasn't until we had sat down to eat that we got back to the subject of Tom Halliday.
我們直到坐下來吃飯時才又提起湯姆·哈利迪這個話題。