Your argument is lacking in all scientific merit.
你的論點完全缺乏科學價值。
It is well established Superman cleans his uniform by flying into Earth's yellow sun, which incinerates any contaminate matter and leaves the invulnerable Kryptonian fabric unharmed and daisy fresh.
這很明確,超人通過飛入黃日核武器清理他的衣服,由此能清除所有污染物,從而留下刀槍不入的氪星布料,既無損壞又完全清潔。
What if he gets something Kryptonian on it? Like what? I don't know. Kryptonian mustard.
要是他弄了點氪星的物質在上面呢?例如?我不知道,氪星的芥末。
I think we can safely assume that all Kryptonian condiments were destroyed when the planet Krypton exploded.
我們完全有理由認為氪星爆炸時已將所有氪星的調味品都摧毀了。
Or it turned into mustard Kryptonite, the only way to destroy a rogue Kryptonian hotdog threatening Earth.
又或者它變成了芥末氪星石,唯一能摧毀威脅地球的邪惡氪星熱狗。
Raj, please, let's stay serious here.
拉杰,拜托,嚴肅點。
Superman's body is Kryptonian, therefore his sweat is Kryptonian. Yeah, what about Kryptonian pit stains?
超人的身體是氪星的,因此他的汗水也是氪星的。對,要是沾到氪星汗漬呢?
Superman doesn't sweat on Earth.
超人在地球不會出汗。
Okay, he's invited for dinner in the Bottle City of Kandor.
好啊,他應邀去肯朵的波特城赴晚餐。
He miniaturizes himself, enters the city where he loses his superpowers.
他把自己變小進入該城,在那里他失去了超能力。
Now, before dinner, his host says, "Who's up for a little Kryptonian tetherball?"
晚餐前主人說,玩一會氪星繩球如何?
Superman says "Sure," works up a sweat, comes back to Earth, his uniform now stained with indestructible Kryptonian perspiration. Boo ya.
超人說可以啊,玩得大汗淋漓,回到地球他的衣服已經沾了無法去除的氪星汗漬。將死你。
Superman would have taken his uniform to a Kandorian dry cleaner before he left the Bottle.
超人能在離開波特前把衣服放到坎多拉的干洗機清洗。
"Kandorian dry cl..." I give up. You can't have a rational argument with this man.
坎多拉的干洗機,我放棄。你們完全沒法跟這人理論。
Hi, isn't that the guy who won the MacArthur genius grant last year? No, not all at once. Then how?
嗨,那不是去年贏得麥克亞瑟天才獎的家伙嗎?不,別一次全部人看。那怎么看?
Leonard. Now, Raj. Now, Sheldon.
萊納德先看。現在輪到拉杰。現在輪到謝爾頓。
I didn't get a good look. Can I go again? No.
我沒看清,能再看一遍嗎?不行。
It's David Underhill. So what?
是戴維·安德希爾,那又怎么樣?
So what? His observation of highenergy positrons has provided the first conclusive evidence for the existence of galactic dark matter.
怎么樣?他對高能正點子的觀察報告首次確切證明了銀河暗物質的存在。
I have two words for you. The first is "big, " the other is "whoop."
我只給你兩個詞,一個是太,一個是好了。
It is a big whoop. It made almost all the work you've done since you've been here completely useless.
確實是很好。這幾乎顛覆了所有你在這里做的工作成果。
Did not. Did, too. Did... Okay, maybe some of it, but...
才怪。才怪,才...好吧,有部分吧,但是,
It is a big whoop. It made almost all the work you've done since you've been here completely useless.
確實是很好。這幾乎顛覆了所有你在這里做的工作成果。
Did not. Did, too. Did... Okay, maybe some of it, but...
才怪。才怪,才...好吧,有部分吧,但是,
Look, the guy was just in the right place, at the right time with the right paradigmshifting reinterpretation of the universe. He got lucky.
這小子只是在天時地利的時候利用范式方法重新解釋了銀河系,純粹是狗屎運。
In more ways than one. He's a very handsome man.
不僅如此,他長得很帥呢。
Doesn't do anything for me. If I was gonna go that way, I'm more of a Zac Ephron kind guy.
對我沒什么影響,如果換成我,我會更像扎克·埃夫隆那種類型。
Oh, yeah, like you have a shot with Zac Ephron.
對,要是你能有那么一點像他。
Excuse me. Are you Leonard Hofstadter? Uh...yeah. I'm David Underhill. Uh...y yeah.
打擾一下,你是萊納德·霍夫斯塔德嗎?是的。我是戴維·安德希爾。好的。
Yeah, Dr. Gablehauser said if I wanted to set something up in the photomultiplier lab, that you'd be able to give me a hand?
蓋博豪斯博士說,如果我要在光電倍增實驗室準備試驗,你能幫我忙?
You want to work with me? Well, if you have a little time, yeah.
你要和我一起做實驗?你要是有時間的話,是的。
Wow.... Y yeah, sure. Yeah, no problem. Uh... Here's my home number. Here's my cell. Here's my office.
哇,當然有。沒問題。這是我的住宅電話,這是我的手機號碼,這是我的辦公室電話,
Here's my parents' number up in New Jersey. They always know how to reach me.
這是我住在新澤西的父母家的電話,他們總能找到我。
So... Okay. Congratulations on the MacArthur Grant, by the way. Big fan.
對了,恭喜你獲得麥克亞瑟天才獎,我很崇拜你。
Thanks. I'll call you. Okay. Byebye!
謝謝,我會打電話給你。好的。拜拜。
What are you looking at? You've never seen a hypocrite before?
看什么看,沒見過偽君子啊?
Trailing badly, Wolowitz needs a strike if he has any hopes of catching up with Sheldon Cooper,
遙遙落后,沃羅威茨需要投出全倒才有希望追上謝爾頓·庫珀,
who is dominating in the ninth frame with a career best 68.
他在第九個計分格時占盡優勢。最高記錄68。
That doesn't count. Do over! Do over! There are no doovers in Wii bowling.
那個不算,重來重來。Wii保齡球游戲里可是投球無回的。
There are always doovers when my people play sports.
我的朋友做運動時總會有重來的。
Where were you that's more important than Wii bowling night?
有什么比Wii保齡球之夜還重要的?
Actually, I was... It's a rhetorical question. There is nothing more important than Wii bowling night.
其實我...這是反問句。沒什么能比Wii保齡球之夜重要。
Come on, it's just a video game. And we suck at it.
得了吧,不就是個電子游戲嘛,而且我們玩得很遜。
Nice motivational speech from the team captain. Where were you?
很好的隊長動員演說嘛。你去哪了?
I was working with Dave Underhill. Ooh, "Dave." Sounds like Leonard's got a new BFF.
我去戴維·安德希爾那了。哦,戴維,聽起來萊納德有了新的好朋友。
Actually, he's pretty cool. I mean, not only is he a brilliant scientist, but it turns out he's a Black Diamond skier.
事實上他真的很酷,不僅僅因為他是個天才,他還是個黑鉆滑雪高手。
He collects vintage motorcycles. He plays in a rock band.
他收集老式摩托車,他還在一個搖滾樂隊里演奏呢。
So? We're in a rock band. No... We play Rock Band on our XBox.
怎樣?我們也是一個樂隊啊。不...我們在XBox里演奏。
Nice motivational speech from our lead guitarist.
感謝主音吉他手激動人心的致辭。
He's funny, too. He does this hysterical impersonation of Stephen Hawking having phone sex. What are you wearing?
他還很幽默。他還繪聲繪色的模仿了史蒂芬·霍金的電話性愛。你穿著什么呢?
That's not... He does it better.
還是他演得比較像。
Anyway, he said he was gonna take me to the gym tomorrow, so I'm gonna go practice my sit ups.
總之,他說明天他要帶我去體育館,我先回屋練練仰臥起坐。
Whoa. Humongous man crush, dude.
排山倒海的男性吸引。
Yeah. It's officially a bromance.
兄弟情的完美演繹。
Hey, Sheldon, are you and Leonard putting up a Christmas tree?
嘿,謝爾頓,你和萊納德要不要弄棵圣誕樹?
No, because we don't celebrate the ancient pagan festival of Saturnalia. Saturnalia?
不,我們不慶祝古老的異教農神節。農神節?
Gather round, kids, it's time for Sheldon's beloved Christmas special.
孩子們,過來坐好了,又到謝爾頓最愛的圣誕特別節目時間了。
In the pre Christian era, as the winter solstice approached and the plants died,
在基督教出現之前的那些歲月,每當冬至來臨植物死亡,
pagans brought evergreen boughs into their homes as an act of sympathetic magic, intended to guard the life essences of the plants until spring.
異教徒把常青的枝杈帶回家中,用這種形式來表示保護生命的本質直到春天再次到來。
This custom was later appropriated by Northern Europeans and eventually it becomes the so called Christmas tree.
這種風俗后來被北歐人繼承,于是演變成了現在的圣誕樹。
And that, Charlie Brown, is what boredom is all about.
那么查理·布朗,你看到什么叫做無聊了吧。
Okay, well, thank you for that, but I got you and Leonard a few silly neighbor gifts, so I'll just put them under my tree.
好吧謝謝。不過我給你和萊納德買了點蠢蠢的小禮物,我回頭擱我的圣誕樹底下好了。
Wait! You bought me a present? Why would you do such a thing?
等等!你給我買了個禮物?你干嗎要這么做?
I don't know. Cause it's Christmas?
不知道,因為是圣誕節?
Oh, Penny. I know you think you're being generous, but the foundation of giftgiving is reciprocity.
哦佩妮,我知道你認為自己很大方,但送禮是建立在互利互惠的原則上的。
You haven't given me a gift. You've given me an obligation.
你還沒給我禮物就已經塞給我一份責任。
Don't feel bad, Penny, it's a classic rookie mistake. My first Hanukkah with Sheldon, he yelled at me for eight nights.
別難過佩妮,這是新手常犯的錯。我和謝爾頓過的第一個猶太教光明節,他對我吼了八個晚上。
Now, hey, it's okay. You don't have to get me anything in return.
沒關系,你不用送我什么東西以表回饋。
Of course I do. The essence of the custom is that I now have to go out and purchase for you a gift of commensurate value
當然要,這種風俗的精髓就是現在我不得不出去給你買點東西,價值相當的禮物,
and representing the same perceived level of friendship as that represented by the gift you've given me.
這禮物得體現對我們友誼的相同的感知價值,這種感知價值體現于你送我的禮物。
It's no wonder suicide rates sky rocket this time of year.
知道今年自殺率是怎么直線上升的了吧。
Okay, you know what? Forget it. I'm not giving you a present.
好吧忘了這件事吧,我沒有給你準備禮物。
No, it's too late. I see it. That elf sticker says, "To Sheldon."
太晚了,我都看到了,那個小精靈貼紙,上面寫著給謝爾頓。
The die has been cast. the moving finger has write. Hannibal has crossed the Alps.
木已成舟,冥冥有手已寫天書,漢尼拔已經翻越了阿爾卑斯山。
I know. It's funny when it's not happening to us.
我知道。有意思,特別是發生在別人身上。
Sheldon, I am very, very sorry. No. No, I brought this on myself by being such an endearing and important part of your life.
謝爾頓,我非常非常抱歉。別別我自找的,誰讓我不小心成為你生命中美好又重要的一部分呢。
I'm going to need a ride to the mall. It's happening to us.
誰開車帶我去商場。現在發生在咱們頭上了。
Are you gonna make it? Yeah, I guess.
你還好吧?也許吧。
Thanks for letting me try out your motorcycle. No problem. I had no idea it was so heavy.
謝謝你讓我開你的摩托。不客氣。我不知道它這么沉
The thing just fell right over on me, didn't it? Yeah. Lucky for you it wasn't moving.
就這么壓到我身上了是吧。是啊,還沒跑起來算你走運。
Oh, hey, Leonard. Ooh, are you okay? Oh, yeah. It's just a little motorcycle accident.
萊納德您還好吧?還好。就是個摩托車小意外。
My God, how fast were you going? I don't know. It's all such a blur.
我的天,你開得有多快?不曉得,就在電光火石之間。
Good one. He couldn't even get it started.
很幽默,他都沒發動起來。
Hi. Dave. Hi. Penny. So it's your motorcycle? Is it okay?
嗨,戴維。嗨,佩妮。是你的摩托?沒摔壞吧?
Lucky for the bike it landed on my leg.
算那車走運,有我的腿墊著。
You mind giving me a hand with speed racer here? Oh, yeah. Yeah, sure.
你介意幫我攙這位機車選手一下么?好的好的。
So, um, Dave, how do you know Leonard? I'm a physicist. No, you're not.
戴維你是怎么認識萊納德的?我是個物理學家。你才不是呢。
Why is that so surprising? Uh, well, it's just that the physicists I know are indoorsy and pale.
有什么奇怪的么?主要是我所認識的物理學家都又白又宅。
I'm not indoorsy. I just wear the appropriate sun block because I don't take melanoma lightly.
我不是宅男。我的防曬霜很好用,所以黑色素沉淀得很少。
So, are you and Leonard working on an experiment together? Yeah, actually we are.
那你是在和萊納德一起做實驗么?事實上是的。
Yeah, we're examining the radiation levels of photomultiplier tubes for a new dark matter detector.
我們在檢測光電倍增管的輻射強度,用在一種新的暗物質探測器上面的。
Uh, sweetie, sweetie, Dave was talking.
親愛的,我在和戴維說話。
You know, I love science. Since when? Since always.
你知道的,我愛好科學。從什么時候開始的?一直都是啊。
Call me a geek, but I am just nuts for the whole subatomic particle thing.
叫我科學怪人吧,我就是為這些亞原子癡迷不已。
The last thing I would ever call you is a geek. Ha. Well, that's what I am queen of the nerds.
我叫你什么也不會叫你科學怪人的。呵呵,我就是啊。怪才天后。
Well, if you like, I could show you the lab we're working in.
如果你愿意,我可以帶你參觀我們工作的實驗室,
We've got some cool toys, you know lasers and stuff.
我們有一些很棒的玩意,激光器什么的。
You know, I have always wanted to see a big science lab. Since when? Since always.
你知道么,我一直都想見識下真正的科學實驗室。什么時候開始的?一直都是呀。
Leonard, are you okay here? Yeah. I guess.
萊納德,你還好么?還好吧
How about we go see it now? Maybe afterwards we take the bike up the coast, We grab a little bite to eat...
我們現在就去看如何?之后我們可以到海邊兜風,再來點吃的東西。
Um... Yeah. Yeah, that sounds great. Let me just get my jacket. Boy, she'll do, huh?
真不錯。我去拿個外套。她很可愛嘛。
Yeah, if you like that type. So, you and her...? No, just neighbors.
是啊,如果你喜歡這個類型的。你和她?沒關系,就是鄰居。
Really. I don't know how you live next door to that without doing something about it.
真的,真難想象你就住她隔壁居然沒有什么行動。
Actually...science is my lady. Okay. Let's go. All right. See you tomorrow, Leonard.
事實上,科學就是我的愛人。好吧,咱們走吧。好的。明天見萊納德。
See ya. 'Bye, Penny. Have fun. Did you forget your key?
明天見再見佩妮,玩得開心。你沒帶鑰匙么?