Yeah, I don't know.
我不知道。
Sometimes I dream about being a good father and a good husband.
有時候我夢想著做一個好父親,好丈夫。
And sometimes that feels really close.
而且有時候會覺得很接近了。
But then other times it seems silly like it would ruin my whole life.
可另外一些時候,這想法似乎很蠢,仿佛它會毀掉我全部的生活。
And it's not just a fear of commitment or that I'm incapable of caring or loving because I can.
不是由于對責任感的畏懼或是沒有能力去關愛,因為我能勝任。
It's just that, if I'm totally honest with myself I think I'd rather die knowing that I was really good at something.
如果我絕對公正地對待自己,那我寧死也不想知道我擅長些什么。
That I had excelled in some way than that I'd just been in a nice, caring relationship.
比起僅僅維系一份良好的,友愛的關系來說,我還有一些方面更突出。
I had worked for this older man, and once he told me that he had spent all of his life thinking about his career and his work.
我曾為一個老人工作,有次他告訴我,他把一生的心思都放在了事業上。
He was 52, and it suddenly struck him that he had never really given anything of himself.
52歲時他突然地發現他從沒為自己做過任何事。
His life was for no one and nothing.
他這輩子毫無作為。
He was almost crying saying that.
他說這話時都要哭了。
You know, I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us not you or me but just this little space in between.
我相信如果有神存在,不會存在于任何人身上,不會是你或者我,而是存在于這小小的空間之中。
If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something.
如果世上有什么奇跡,一定是盡力理解某個人并與之同甘共苦。
I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really?
我知道這幾乎是不可能成功的,可誰真正在乎呢?
The answer must be in the attempt.
答案一定是在嘗試之中。