Penny, hello. Hey, sheldon. What is shaking? I'm sorry?
佩妮好啊。謝爾頓好。你咋樣啊?什么?
It's colloquial, a conversation opener.
這是口頭語嘛,開場白。
So, do you find the weather satisfying?
你覺得今天天氣好嗎?
Are you currently sharing in the triumph of some local sports team?
我們本地的球隊贏球了,你是否為之一振?
What's wrong with you? Freaking me out.
你搞什么名堂,嚇到我了。
I'm striking up a casual conversation with you. So up?
我在跟你閑聊啊,咋樣?
Please don't do that.
我求你別再說了。
All right, But I'm given to understand that when you have something awkward to discuss with someone, it's more palatable to preface it with banal chit chat.
好吧,不過我覺得如果你要和某人談一個很尷尬的問題之前,最好跟他說幾句無關緊要的閑話。
So, this wasn't the awkward part? No. Oh, all right. So up? Oh, good, I used that right.
就是說剛才那還不算尷尬事了?不算。那好吧,咋了?太好了,我又說對了。
Anyway, You're aware that leonard has entered into a new Romantic relationship which includes a sexual component?
說正事吧。你應該已經注意到了,萊納德最近和一個女人發生了一段帶有性關系的感情?
Okay, feeling the awkward now.
現在我能感到尷尬了。
Her name is dr. Stephanie barnett and she is a highly Distinguished surgical resident at Freemont Memorial.
她的名字是斯蒂芬妮·巴內特醫生,她是弗里蒙特紀念醫院一名杰出的外科醫生。
Yeah, Leonard told me. good. What he may have left out is how important this relationship is to me.
萊納德告訴過我了。很好。但他可能沒告訴你,這段感情對我來說非常重要。
To you? Yes, see, of the handful of women leonard's been involved with, She's the only one I have ever found tolerable.
對你?是的,在那些為數不多的和萊納德約會過的女人中,只有她還算像樣。
Well, what about me? The statement stands for itself. Well, aren't you sweet?
那我呢?這應該是不言自明的。你嘴好甜。
Anyway, should you have any interaction with her, It would be most helpful that she not see you as a sexual rival.
而且你應該多和她接觸一下,好讓她別感覺到你是她的性競爭對手。
Yeah, I think she's pretty safe.
我看她沒什么好擔心的。
You say that now, but consider the following senario you're sitting in your apartment, It's late, you're alone.
你現在是這么說,設想一下,漆黑的晚上,你孤身一人坐在家里。
Your hypothalamus is swimming in a soup of estrogen and Progesterone and suddenly even Leonard seems like a viable sexual candidate.
你的下丘腦里正游走著雌激素和孕激素,這時在你眼里就算萊納德也會是一名有生育能力的性對象。
Or a, uh, "hook up" As it's referred to by today's urban youth.
或者說配對,現在的都市青年好像都這么說的。
Really? yes. Now, should that happen, I would ask you to find some way to suppress your libido.
真的嗎?是的。如果萬一發生這種情況,我要求你找到一種壓制自己性沖動的辦法。
I could think about you. Fine, whatever works.
只需要想你就可以了。好,只要管用就行。
Always nice talking to you, sheldon. Uh, peace out!
和你交談總是很愉快,謝爾頓。再見。
Well, this is very pleasant. Glad you're enjoying yourself.
今晚多么美好啊。很高興你喜歡。
And you said there'd never be enough pasta for the three of us. I stand corrected.
你還說通心粉三個人吃不夠呢。我錯了。
You know, italian housewives have a rule of thumb. A handful of dry pasta about an inch in diameter is Sufficient for each person as it doubles in volume when cooked.
你們知道么,意大利的家庭主婦都有這樣一種經驗,只要抓一把直徑為一英寸的通心粉放在鍋里燒,就足夠所有人吃的了,因為它在加熱之后會膨脹一倍。
That's very interesting. Thank you. She doesn't mean it. she's just being a nice.
非常有趣。謝謝。她不是真覺得有趣,只是禮節罷了。
Well, stephanie, Since leonard seems to be dropping the conversational ball, I guess I'll just have to pick it up.
斯蒂芬妮,既然萊納德現在不想談話,那么就由我來頂替他。
Have you ever witnessed a violent crime? No. good. What's your favorite fruit?
你有沒有現場目擊過兇殺?沒。好的。你最喜歡什么水果?
Strawberries. Hmm, technically not a fruit, but all right.
草莓。嚴格來說不算水果,不過也不追究了。
Where did you do your medical internship? Uh, lawrence memorial in galveston, texas. Really? that's where I was born!
你的醫學實習是在哪兒做的?勞倫斯紀念醫院,在德州的加爾維斯敦。真的嗎,我就是在那兒出生的。
You're kidding! I spent so much of my childhood at that hospital.
不是吧。在那所醫院里我度過了不少童年時光。
When I was 12, I got to ride there in a helicopter.
我十二歲的時候還坐直升機去哪兒呢。
Why, w w what happened? Radiation burns.
怎么了啊?輻射燒傷。
A little mishap while I was building my own cat scanner.
我在做軸向分層造影掃描機時發生了一點小事故。
I'm sorry, you tried to build your own cat scanner? No, I didn't try, I succeeded.
你居然嘗試自己造一個軸向分層造影掃描機?我不是嘗試,我是成功了。
In fact, I was briefly able to see the inside of my sister's guinea pig, Snowball, before he caught fire.
而且我還用它觀察了我姐姐的小豚鼠,雪球的內臟。然后他就燒起來了。
It led to an interesting "not a snowball's chance in a cat scanner."
所以我們家很流行一句話,豚鼠躲不過掃描機。
Uh, sheldon? Excuse me. When I come back, just for fun, the subject will be alternative history.
謝爾頓?我離開一下。我回來之后,為了好玩,我們來聊聊架空歷史,
Specifically, How would the civil war have gone differently If lincoln had been a robot sent from the future?
主題是如果林肯是來自于未來的機器人,那么南北戰爭的局勢將會如何不同?
Look at that, there's even pasta left over.
看啊,通心粉我們都吃不掉呢。
Do you understand that this was supposed to be a date? I do. Do you? because frankly, you've been in a foul mood since I sat down.
你到底知不知道這是一次約會。明白啊。你明白么,老實說,自打我坐下后你就呆若木雞。
Okay, here is my question. why did you sit down?
好吧,那我的問題是你為什么要坐下?
To help. Look, if you fail at this relationship, and history suggests you will.
幫你呀。如果你這次又失手了,歷史證明你會的。
Then we risk losing the medical officer That our landing party has always needed.
那么我們的先頭登陸部隊所需的軍醫很可能就沒了。
What landing party?
什么先頭登陸部隊?
You're kirk, I'm spock, wolowitz is scotty, Koothrappali is the guy who always gets killed...
你是柯克,我是史波克,沃羅威茨是史考特,庫薩帕里是那個總是被殺的,
And now we've got mccoy.
現在我們有了麥考伊。
So, We're all standing around looking at the post op x ray and there it is, Clear as day, right in the guy's chest cavity...One of my earrings.
所以,我們都站在那看著術后X光片,然后就是那個,眾目睽睽之下,就在那人的胸腔里,有我一只耳環。
Oh, my god, what did you do?
天吶,那你怎么辦?
What do you think I did? I discreetly slipped off the other earring, Put it in my pocket and then got the hell out of there!
你覺得我還能怎么辦,我偷偷把另一只耳環給摘了,放在兜里逃離現場。
I have a bone to pick with you, sir.
捉迷藏的獎品。
Hi, sheldon. Hi, stephanie. I'm sorry I'm late, But your companion left the most indecipherable invitation.
嗨謝爾頓。嗨斯蒂芬妮。不好意思我遲到了,但是你的同伴給我的邀請太難破譯了。
What invitation? "we're going to the movies." What movie? what theater? what time?
什么邀請?我們去看電影了。啥電影,啥影院,啥時候?
If you were trying to make it impossible to locate you, you couldn't have done a better job.
如果你想要我追蹤不到你,那你干得真是再好不過了。
Oh, clearly I could have.
明顯我可以的。
It took me nearly 20 minutes to go through the browser History on your computer to see what movie times you looked up.
我花了將近20分鐘才從你電腦的網頁瀏覽記錄里查到你搜索過的電影時刻表。
Wait here, I'll find us seats. Uh, no, we have seats. Not the right seats.
在這等我,我給咱們找個座。不用,我們有位子。不是正確的位子。
What is he doing? He's finding the acoustic sweet spot. Does he always do this?
他干嘛呢?他在找聽覺最優點。他一直都這樣嗎?
Sometimes he brings a toy xylophone. I am really sorry about this. No, it's fine. you know, he's sweet.
有時他也會帶個玩具木琴。真是太抱歉了。不會,還好啦,他挺可愛的。
My apologies, you've been sitting in it all along. Leonard, you want to slide over one? No, just sit here.
不好意思,你們一直都坐對了地方。萊納德,你們能往里錯一個位子嗎?不能,您就坐這吧。
Oh, yeah, this is it.
好極了,就是這感覺。
Leonard. Leonard? leonard? ! What, Sheldon? What, Sheldon? ! what, Sheldon? !
萊納德,萊納德,萊納德咋啦謝爾頓?咋啦謝爾頓?咋啦謝爾頓?
Tell me what you see here.
告訴我你在這看到什么?
The blunt instrument that will be the focus of my murder trial?
這個鈍器能用來殺人嗎?
This is Stephanie's facebook page. Now, where it should say "in a relationship, " what does it say?
這是斯蒂芬妮的facebook網頁。你看,本來應該是交往中的,她寫的是什么?
"Stephanie barnett is single." Yeah, furthermore, earlier this evening, She threw a digital sheep at some guy named mike.
斯蒂芬妮·巴奈特單身。而且早些時候,她送了一只電子羊給一個叫麥克的人。
Who's mike? ! Why does he get a digital sheep and not you?
誰是麥克?為什么他得到一只電子羊而不是你?
It's just her facebook page and we've Only been going out a couple of weeks. You don't see it, do you? We're losing her.
這只不過是她的facebook網頁罷了,而且我們只約會過幾周。你還不明白么?我們就要失去她了。
Okay, I'm going to make this very simple for you. You are not in this relationship. I am.
好吧,我簡而言之,你并不在這場戀愛里面,我在。
Ergo, you have no say in anything that happens between me and stephanie.
也就是說,你對于我和斯蒂芬妮之間發生的事沒有發言權。
I'm afraid I can't allow that.
恕難從命。
Pursuant to starfleet general order 104 section a, You are deemed unfit and I hereby relieve you of your command.
根據星際戰艦總綱領104第一部分,你不是合適的人選,我替你指揮。
General order 104, section a does not apply in this situation.
總綱領104第一部分不適用于此情況。
Give me one good reason why not. Because this is not startrek.
給我個好的理由為什么不適用。因為這不是《星際迷航》。
Penny? Penny? penny? ! What? This is banana bread. This is a door knob.
佩妮,佩妮,佩妮咋啦?這是香蕉面包。這是門把手。
It's my understanding that an unsolicited gift of food can be a precursor to an impromptu invitation to come in and chat.
根據我的理解,主動贈送食物可以作為被邀請進屋聊天的敲門磚。
Sheldon, would you like to come in?
謝爾頓,想進來么?
I suppose I could spare a few minutes. Were you robbed?
那就聊一會吧。你被搶劫啦?
No. How can you be sure? Sheldon, what do you want?
沒。你怎么會這么肯定?謝爾頓,你想干嘛?
I'm certain this will come as no surprise to you, But leonard is failing in yet another relationship.
我知道你并不會驚訝,不過萊納德又要失戀了。
He's having problems with stephanie? She's sending virtual livestock to random men on the internet.
他和斯蒂芬妮出問題了嗎?她在網上隨機給男性贈送虛擬家畜。
If I have any hope of keeping them together, I need data.
我需要數據才能保證他們在一起,
Specifically, I need to know exactly what leonard did that Caused you to pop an emotional cap in his buttocks.
特別是,我要確切地知道萊納德做了什么讓你性趣昂然。
What? Again, urban slang. In which, I believe I'm gaining remarkable fluency.
什么?還是用都市俚語吧,我看我用得越來越溜了。
So, what is the "down" and the "low"?
“往下來”和“找低處”如何?
And don't worry, this is all entirely confidential, so, You feel free to include any and all shortcomings in the bedroom.
別擔心,這完全是保密的,你可以自由談論其性事的缺陷。
We never got to the bedroom. Because?
我們從未上過床。原因是?
Oh, okay, all right, you know what? I'll tell you what happened.
好了,知道嗎,我告訴你怎么回事。
We were young, we were very much in love, But we could only communicate through a Timetraveling mailbox at my lake house.
我們當時年少,十分相愛,但我們只能通過我湖邊屋的時光穿梭郵箱交流。