Let's see, Raj was the kung pao chicken. I'm the dumplings. Yes, you are. Creepy, Howard.
那個...宮保雞丁是Raj的。我是餃子。沒錯。太惡心了,霍華德。
Creepy good or creepy bad?
惡心的可愛還是純粹的惡心?
Who was the shrimp with lobster sauce?
小蝦米配龍蝦醬是誰的?
That would be me. Come to papa, you unkosher delight. I'm not necessarily talking to the food.
我的,來吧,你這骯臟的小美味。我不僅僅是對食物說的。
Sit over there. Sit over there. Baby wipe?
別坐這兒。別坐這兒。要嬰兒衛生紙么?
Why do you have...No, don't ask! No, don't, don't! I'll tell you why.
你為啥...別問!不!不要!我來告訴你為什么吧,
I had to sanitize my hands because the university replaced the paper towels in the rest rooms with hot air blowers.
我得清潔一下我的手,學校廁所的手紙都換成干手機了。
I thought the blowers were more sanitary. Really, don't. Why...
我還以為干手機會干凈點。千萬別問了。為啥要再問。
Hot air blowers are incubators and spewers of bacteria and pestilence.
干手機是細菌和瘟疫的發源地,
Frankly, it'd be more hygienic if they just had a plagueinfested gibbon sneeze my hands dry.
坦白說用吹風機還不如讓得瘟疫的長臂猿用噴嚏我手噴干來得衛生。
Hey, guys, I just got the most amazing news...
嘿大伙們,我有驚世奇聞...
Gosh, Raj, do you think you'll ever be able to talk in front of me without being drunk?
喲Raj,你覺得你還有可能在清醒時和我說話么?
Okay, well, I'll just, um, go eat by myself.
好吧我還是自己一個人回房吃算了。
Penny, you don't have to do that.
佩妮沒必要這樣吧。
Oh, it's okay, between him not talking, him talking and him...I'm better off alone. Goodbye, you poor, strange little man.
沒關系的,比起他不說話他亂說話還有他...我一個人舒坦多了。再見了可憐的小怪人。
She's so considerate. So what's your news?
她可真體貼什么事呀?
Remember that little planetary object I spotted beyond the Kuiper Belt?
還記得我透過古柏帶觀察到的類似行星的物體嗎?
Oh, yeah, 2008NQ Sub17. Or as I call it, Planet Bollywood.
記得啊,2008NQ sub 17。我將它命名為寶萊塢行星。
Anyway, because of my discovery, People magazine is naming me one of their 30 under 30 to watch.
總之因為我的發現,人物雜志已經提名我為30歲以下30大焦點人物之一。
Congratulations. that's incredible.
恭喜你呀。真是太贊了。
Excuse me, 30 what under 30 what to watch what?
抱歉,30歲以下的什么30大人物的什么焦點?
30 visionaries under 30 years of age to watch as they challenge the preconceptions of their fields.
三十位未及而立之年的夢想家挑戰他們各自領域里的種種傳統臆斷。
If I had a million guesses, I never would have gotten that.
讓我猜一萬次都猜不著。
It's pretty cool. They've got me in with a guy who's doing something about hunger in Indonesia, and a psychotherapist who's using dolphins to rehabilitate prisoners, and Ellen Page, star of the charming independent film, Juno.
還挺酷的,和我一起入選的還有研究印尼饑荒問題的人,有用海豚來感化犯人的精神醫療師,噢還有艾倫·佩基那部大贊的獨立電影《朱諾》的主角。
Oh, I'd so do her. You'd do the dolphins.
噢我絕對想上她。上海豚還差不多。
Do I get an honorable mention for designing the telescope camera mounting bracket you used?
我為你設計了望遠鏡的托架,我是否可以得到一個榮譽獎?
Sorry, it's not part of my heartwarming and personal narrative in which a humble boy from New Delhi overcame poverty and prejudice and journeyed to America to reach for the stars.
抱歉這可不在我的感人事跡里頭,一個來自新德里的謙遜男孩兒沖破貧困和偏見的重重阻礙千辛萬苦來到美國探索宇宙的奧秘。
Poverty? Your father's a gynecologist. He drives a Bentley. It's a lease.
你還貧困?你老爸是婦科醫生,還開賓利跑車呢。那是租的。
I'm confused. Was there some sort of peer review committee to determine which scientists would be included?
我有點困惑,這是怎么選出來的?有沒有同行評議會之類的?
Peer review? It's People magazine. People picked me. What people? The people from People.
同行評議會?那是人物雜志,是人民選擇了我。哪些人?人物雜志的那些人。
Yeah, but exactly who are these people? What are their credentials? How are they qualified?
沒錯,但他們究竟是些什么人?他們有什么憑據?他們夠格嗎?
What makes accidentally noticing a hunk of rock that's been traipsing around the solar system for billions of years more noteworthy than any other scientific accomplishment made by someone under 30?
你不過是湊巧看見塊繞著太陽系漫游了幾十億年的石頭罷了,為什么比其他未及而立之年的科學家取得了更大的成就呢?
Boy, I'll bet Ellen Page's friends aren't giving her this kind of crap.
小子,我敢打賭艾倫·佩基的朋友們可不會這么損她。
Are you proud of yourself? In general, yes.
這下你自豪了?總體上是這樣。
Oh, there's my missing neutrino. You were hiding from me as an unbalanced charge, weren't you, you little subatomic dickens?
噢,丟掉的微中子在這兒,你干嘛像個不穩定的電子一樣躲著我對吧,你這亞原子小鬼?
Hey, Sheldon. Hey, look, look, I found my missing neutrino.
嘿謝爾頓。嘿看吶,我找到丟掉的微中子了。
Oh good, we can take it off the milk carton.
真棒,我們能把它從牛奶盒上拿下來了。
Come on, we're going to apologize to Raj and invite him out to dinner.
來吧,我們要去同Raj道歉順便請他一起去吃飯。
Apologize for what? He came over last night with some pretty good news and we weren't very supportive.
為啥要道歉?他昨晚帶著驚天奇聞而來可我們卻不怎么支持他。
I sense you're trying to tell me something.
我的第六感告訴我你有話要說。
You were a colossal asshat.
你是個大混球。
No, I beg to differ. Of the three of us, I was by far the most supportive. Really? Do tell.
恕難同意,我們三個里面我至今都是最支持他的。真的?說說看你怎么支持了?
How will Raj ever reach true greatness if his friends lower the bar for him?
要是作為朋友的我們總是降低他成功的門檻,Raj怎么可能真正取得偉大的成就呢?
When I was 11, my sister bought our father a "World's Greatest Dad" coffee mug and, frankly, the man coasted until the day he died.
十一歲時我姐姐給老爸買了個咖啡杯,上面寫著"世上最棒的老爸",可說實在的,他一生就這么晃蕩過去了。
Okay, let's try it this way. What if this People magazine thing is the best Raj is ever going to achieve?
好吧這么跟你說吧,如果這已經是Raj所能達到的最高境界了呢?
I had not considered that. Come on.
這倒沒想過。走吧。
I often forget other people have limitations. It's so sad.
我總是忘記別人是有極限的,真是太悲哀了。
He can feel sadness? Not really. It's what you and I would call condescension.
他知道什么是悲哀?不是這樣啦,我和你都管這叫優越感。
Now when we go in there, let's show Raj that we're happy for him. But I'm not. Well, then fake it.
我們進去的時候要展現出高興的神情。可我不高興。那就裝吧。
Look at me. I could be grinding on the fact that without my stabilizing telescope mount he never would have found that stupid, little clump of cosmic schmutz.
你看我。我都能慢慢接受這個事實,要知道沒有我的穩定望遠鏡底座,他不可能看到那塊愚蠢的宇宙垃圾。
But I'm bigger than that.
可我的胸襟不止那么點啦。
Fine. What do you want me to do? Smile.
好吧,你們要我怎么做?微笑。
Oh, crap, that's terrifying, we're here to see Koothrappali, not kill Batman.
我靠,太嚇人了。我們是來這兒看庫薩帕里的,又不是追殺蝙蝠俠。
Try less teeth. Close enough. Come on.
少露幾顆牙看看。已經很接近了,來吧。
Hey, Raj. Hey, guys. What's up?
嘿Raj。嘿大伙都在啊,怎么了?
We just wanted to invite you out to dinner tonight.
我們想邀請你和我們一起共進晚餐。
To celebrate your "30 under 30" thing. Right, Sheldon?
為了慶祝你的"3030",沒錯吧謝爾頓?
That's very nice of you. I would like that.
好啊,你們真好。
Hello, boys. Dr. Gablehauser. Dr. Koothrappali. Dr. Gablehauser. Dr. Hofstader. Dr. Gablehauser. Dr. Cooper. Dr. Gablehauser. Mr. Wolowitz.
大家好。蓋革豪斯博士。庫薩帕里博士。蓋革豪斯博士。霍夫斯塔德博士。蓋革豪斯博士。庫泊博士。蓋革豪斯博士。沃勒維茨先生。
Boys, I've got a question for you: Who in this room discovered a star?
我有個問題:這屋里誰發現了一顆星星?
Actually, 2008NQ Sub17 is a planetary body. I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about me.
2008NQ sub 17號,實際上是一顆行星。我又沒說你,我在說我呢。
You, my exotic young friend, are my star.
你,我的外國朋友,你是我的明星。
But you didn't discover him. You merely noticed he was here, much like he did with 2008NQ Sub17. Sheldon...Oh, sorry.
又不是你發掘了他。你以前都不注意他,就像他沒怎么留意2008NQ sub 17號一樣。謝爾頓。噢不好意思。
Boy, we've got to get you into a better office. Something more suited to your status.
孩子,要給你安排一間好點的辦公室,得配得上你現在的身份。
Really, you don't have to go to any trouble.
沒必要麻煩的,真的。
How about if I put you in Von Gerlich's old office? I'd rather have Fishbein's. It's bigger.
讓你用馮·格圖爾以前的辦公室如何?我情愿要菲什賓的,更寬敞點。
Wait a minute, I called dibs on Fishbein's office the day he started showing up at work in his bathrobe.
等等,菲什賓穿睡衣來上班以后我是第一個申請他的辦公室的。
He gets a new office, I can't even get paper towels in the men's room? Sheldon. Damn, this is hard.
他都有新的辦公室了,男廁所里就不能放幾張擦手紙嗎?謝爾頓。靠這也太難了。
Let me ask you something. What do you think the business of this place is?
我來問問你們,你們覺得你們成天在這里是為了啥?
Science? Money. I Told you.
科學?錢。都跟你說了。
And this boy's picture in People magazine is gonna raise us a pile of money taller than well, taller than you.
他出現在人物雜志上不就意味著有數不盡的錢要向我們涌來,堆起來都比你高了。
I have a Master's degree. Who doesn't? Dr. Koothrappali, have you ever had lunch in the president's dining room?
我是碩士。誰不是?庫薩帕里博士,你有沒有在校長餐廳吃過午飯?
I didn't even know there was a president's dining room.
我都不知道還有校長餐廳。
It's the same food as the cafeteria, only fresh. Come on, little buddy.
東西是一樣的,不過新鮮多了。走吧小家伙。
Okay, big buddy. See you tonight, guys. You can stop smiling now.
好咧大家伙,大伙晚上見。別再笑了。
So anyway, after a fantastic lunch, I was whisked off to the People magazine photo shoot...
總之在享用了一頓大餐之后,我立馬被接去拍封面照。
Have any of you boys ever been to a photo shoot? No.
你們幾個拍過雜志封面照么?沒。
It's fantastic. Apparently, the camera loves me and I, it.
那感覺太妙了。顯然相機同我惺惺相惜,
They shot me in front of a starry background where I posed like this.
他們給我弄了個星光熠熠的背景,我就擺了這么一個姿勢。
They're going to digitally add a supernova. They say it's the perfect metaphor for my incandescent talent.
他們準備PS一個超新星上去。他們都說對于我這個耀眼的天才而言,這是個完美的比喻。
Right, a ball of hot, flaming gas that collapses upon itself.
沒錯,一團滾燙的火球最終自取滅亡。
Excuse me. Oh, it's my assistant, Trevor. Go for Koothrappali.
抱歉,是我的助手特雷弗。說吧,我是庫薩帕里。
They gave him an assistant? If I want a new pen, I have to go to the bank with wire cutters.
給他派了個助手?我只是要一支新的鋼筆,他們都會讓我帶著鋼絲鉗去搶銀行。
Have we at this point met our social obligations? Not yet.
我們是否已經夠仁至義盡了?還沒。
Okay, just put it on my calendar, but start thinking of a reason why I can't go. All righty? Koothrappali out.
好,替我排上議事日程,不過別忘了編一個我無法出席的理由。庫薩帕里斷線。
God bless that boy. I don't know what I'd do without him.
愿主保佑那孩子,沒有他我都不知道怎么辦了。
You just got him this afternoon.
他不是今天下午才成了你的助手。
Yes, but I'm finding that having a lackey suits me. A lackey?
沒錯,不過我覺得我應該有個侍從。侍從?
Oh, I'm sorry. Is that politically incorrect? In India, we just call them untouchables. Now? Almost.
噢,抱歉,從政治角度這么說對嗎?在印度我們管這些人叫賤民。夠了嗎?還差一點兒。
Speaking of untouchables, I've got great news for you guys.
說起賤民,我要告訴你們個好消息,
People magazine is having a reception this Saturday and I managed to get you invited.
人物雜志這周六要辦一個招待會,我已經把你們都邀請去了。
Oh, gee, thanks. Oh, you're welcome.
噢,謝了。你真客氣。
Of course, I couldn't get you into the VIP section because, you know, that's for VIPs and you guys are just, you know...P's.
當然我沒法讓你們去VIP區,你們也知道。你們只是個P而已。
There's a tribe in Papua New Guinea where, when a hunter flaunts his success to the rest of the village,
在巴布亞新幾內亞有個原始部落,如果獵人向村里其他人炫耀自己的獵物,
they kill him and drive away evil spirits with a drum made of his skin.
他們就會把他殺了,把他的皮做成鼓,據說能驅魔避邪。
Superstitious nonsense, of course, but one can see their point.
當然是些迷信的話,不過意思大家都明白。