Hey. Just so you know, the power's out.
好啊。告訴你們一下,斷電了。
What happened?
怎么回事?
I called, they said a transformer blew. It's the whole block. Should be fixed by tomorrow.
我打電話問了,據說是變壓器燒了。整個街區都沒電了。應該明天就修好了。
Wait, when did it go out?
等等,什么時候沒電的?
In the middle of the night.
昨天半夜吧。
Oh, my God.
我的老天。
Howie, what's wrong?
華仔,怎么了?
It's all defrosting.
全都解凍了。
It's okay. It's just food.
沒關系。只是食物而已。
It's not just food. This is the last food my mother ever made. This is her last brisket.
不僅僅只是食物,這是我媽生前做的最后的食物。這是她最后做的牛胸肉。
This is her last meatloaf. This is her last...I have no idea what this is, but...it's the last one.
這是她最后做的肉糕。這是她最后做的...我不知道這是什么,但是...這也是最后一頓了。
Everything okay?
一切還好嗎?
No. All Ma's food is gonna be ruined.
不好。所有我媽做的食物要壞掉了。
Well, why don't we take it home and put it in our freezer?
我們何不把食物都帶回家,放進家里冰箱呢?
You don't want to do that.
你不會想那樣做的。
Refreezing not only removes moisture, but it creates ice crystals in the fibers of the meat that can compromise its taste and texture.
二次冷凍不僅會損失水分,還會在肉的纖維里產生冰晶,那會影響肉的味道和肉質。
What? I saw a teachable moment. I dropped some culinary science.
干嘛?我看見一個施教時刻,隨便教點烹飪學都不行嗎。
What should we do?
那我們該怎么辦?
I'll tell you exactly what we're gonna do. We're gonna eat it.
我來告訴你我們該怎么做:吃掉它。
There's, like, 20 pounds of food in there.
這里大概有18斤的食物呢。
All you said was I had to get rid of things. You didn't say they couldn't pass through my colon first.
你只是說我得把東西處理掉,可你沒說它們不能先經過我的結腸啊。
Howie...
華仔...
Okay. Then how about this? Let's invite everyone over to dinner. It'll be like Ma's feeding us one last time.
好吧。這樣好不好?我們邀請大家來吃晚餐,就像媽最后一次為我們做飯。
I love that.
我喜歡這主意。
Me, too. Oh, look, we've got enough ketchup to cover every ounce of it.
我也是。瞧,我們有這么多番茄醬,足以覆蓋每一寸肉。