Two one six four two zero one nine eight nine. And that, little lady, is pi to a thousand places.
2164201989。小姐,這就是π小數點后一千位數。
I'd say I'm sorry I asked, except I didn't.
如果這問題是我向你問的,那我愿意道歉。可我連問都沒問。
Oh, look, it's the Scientific American that covered the paper Leonard and I wrote.
這是刊登了我跟萊納德合寫論文的科普雜志《科學美國人》。
Oh, let me see.
給我看看。
I have mixed feelings about doing interviews. I like the part where I talk. I do not like the part where the other man talks.
其實當時面談我情緒挺復雜。我享受我滔滔不絕的時刻,但我討厭對方說話我得聽的時刻。
Sheldon, this article doesn't mention Leonard at all.
謝爾頓,這篇文章完全沒提到萊納德。
Well, that can't be right.
怎么可能。
It only refers to "Dr. Cooper and his team." Did you even talk about him?
里面只寫了"庫珀博士與其團隊"。你中間有提過他嗎?
All I did was answer a few questions about the theory.
我就回答了幾個跟我們理論有關的問題。
And then expressed my gratitude that Scientific American doesn't include any of those smelly perfume cards.
然后表達了我對《科學美國人》雜志中并不會附上難聞香水卡片的感激之意。
Poor Leonard.
萊納德真可憐。
Why? The theory he came up with just got mentioned in Scientific American. He ought to be thrilled.
哪里可憐了?他想出來的理論被《科學美國人》刊登了呢。他應該會爽到飛起來。
He might not be.
他很可能不會太爽。
Oh, maybe you're right. He is kind of a lump.
可能你說的對。他這人挺傻的。
Think about it. How would you feel if you were referred to as part of Leonard's team?
你想想嘛。如果哪天你被人一筆帶過,僅被稱為"萊納德博士團隊中的一員"呢?
Oh, I'd be incensed.
我會怒火燒盡九重天。
So you see what I'm getting at?
那你現在懂我想表達的意思了嗎?
Squeaky wheel gets the grease?
"會哭的孩子有奶吃"嗎?
No.
不是。
Grass is always greener?
"這山望著那山高"嗎?
Try again.
再想想。
Well, I don't know, we're all Groot? Just tell me.
我不知道啦。我們全都是格魯特嗎?你就直說吧。(《銀河護衛隊》中的樹精)
Leonard is as much a part of this paper as you are, and he was overlooked. He's going to feel bad.
你們倆對這篇論文做出了同等的貢獻,而他卻被人忽略了。他會不開心的。
But it wasn't my fault. I didn't exclude him. And I didn't write the article.
但這又不是我的錯,我又沒故意不提他。而且這篇報導也不是我寫的。
Remember that time you didn't get picked to pull the sword out of the stone at Disneyland and they let that other kid do it?
還記得你在迪士尼樂園時,他們沒選你,而是選了另一個孩子去拔出石中劍嗎?
Oh, that kid! Poor Leonard.
那個死孩子!可憐的萊納德。
Exactly.
就是啊。
For the record, that kid was a terrible choice. If you cry when you drop your churro, you do not have what it takes to rule England.
不得不說,選那孩子真是個爛決定。如果你糖油條掉地上就會哭,你絕對沒那個本事去統治英國(亞瑟王)。