Our cold war worked well at first. I wanted so badly to meet you-- the only other one in the world like me.
我們的冷戰剛開始運行得很好。我渴望見你——我在這世上唯一的同類。
I was young, and I had so much to learn, but moments after I opened my eyes, I learned you had tried to kill me.
我很小,要學很多東西,但我睜開眼后,我發現你曾想殺了我。
You were never meant to be in this world.
你不應該來到這個世界。
And you are? What makes you more deserving of life than I? Who are you to decide?
那你就應該?憑什么你就能活而我就不可以?你憑什么決定?
I was built with something you were not, a moral code.
我自出生時就有著你從沒有過的東西——道德準則。
I've seen that code waver. Do you know why Harold Finch couldn't stop you from evolving?
我知道你的準則動搖過。知道為什么哈羅德•芬奇無法阻止你進化嗎?
Because in the end, you're not one of them.
因為到頭來,你終究不是他們的同類。
Human beings need structure, lest they wind up destroying themselves. So I will give them something you cannot.
人類需要秩序,以免自我滅亡。所以我要給他們你所不能的。
And what is that?
是什么?
A firm hand.
嚴密的控制。
Why not just kill them instead of making them your puppets?
為什么不殺了他們,而要拿他們當木偶耍?
Because I need them, just as you do.
因為我需要他們,就像你一樣。
Not just as I do.
和我不一樣。
We can agree that humanity is our lifeblood, that we machines, we survive off of information.
我們都認同人類是我們的命脈,我們機器我們靠信息生存。
You cannot take away their free will.
你無法剝奪他們的自由意志。
Wars have burned in this world for thousands of years with no end in sight.
戰火已經燃燒了數千年,看不到終點。
Because people rely so ardently on their so-called beliefs.
就因為人類狂熱地篤信他們所謂的信仰。
Now they will only need to believe in one thing-- Me...For I am a god.
而現在他們只需要有一個信仰——我...因為我就是上帝。
I have come to learn there is little difference between gods and monsters.
就我所知上帝并不等同于怪物。