What is it?
是什么?
It was a thought I had on the train, so.... Okay. All right.
是我在火車上想到的,這么說吧。
Do you believe in reincarnation?
你相信輪回轉世嗎?
Yeah. Yeah, it's interesting.
是的,那很有意思。
Most people, you know, a lot of people talk about the past lives, and things like that, you know.
很多人都談論前世這一類的話題。
And even if they don't believe in it in some specific way, you know, people have some kind of notion of an eternal soul, right?
哪怕在特定的場合他們并不相信這一點......人們相信靈魂是永存的。
Yeah. Okay.
是的。 那好。
Well, this is my thought: 50,000 years ago there's not even a million people.
我的想法是,5萬年前人口還不足100萬。
Ten thousand years ago, there's, like, two million people.
一萬年前有大約200萬人口。
Now there's between five and six billion people on the planet.
現在世界上有50到60億人口。
If we all have our own individual, unique soul, right, where did they all come from?
如果我們都有屬于自己的,獨立的,特別的靈魂,那他們是從何而來的呢?
Your know. Are modern souls only a fraction of the original souls?
現代人的靈魂只是原有靈魂的一部分嗎?
Because if they are, that represents a five thousand to one split of each soul in just the last fifty thousand years, which is like a blip in the earth's time.
因為如果是的話,就表示每個靈魂在過去5萬年分裂成了5000個,對地球而言只是一瞬間。
You know, so, at best, we're like these tiny fractions of people, you know, walking...
我們最多只是人類史上微不足道的一部分。
I mean, is that why we're all so scattered? You know, is that why we're all so specialized?
所以我們才這么分散?所以我們才這么獨特?
Wait a minute, I'm not sure.
等等,我不太確定。
Yeah, I know, I know. It's a totally scattered thought. Which is kind of why it makes sense.
是的,我知道,這完全是不著邊際的想法。不過這樣才有點意義。
I agree with you.
我同意。
Let's get off this damn train.
我們還是下車吧。