Anyway, I was in the back yard playing and my sister had just taught me how to take the garden hose and
總之我在后院玩耍時姐姐教我怎樣拿澆花的水管......
do it in such a way that it sprayed into the sun and would make a rainbow.
就是像這樣子捏著......噴出的水霧會在陽光下形成一道彩虹。
And so I was doing that and through the mist, I could see my grandmother.
于是我那樣做......透過水霧,我看到了曾祖母。
And she was just standing there, smiling at me.
她就站在那兒,沖著我微笑。
And I held it there for a long time and I looked at her.
我愣在那很長時間并且看著她。
And then finally, I let go of the nozzle, you know?
最終我松開了噴嘴。
And then I dropped the hose and she disappeared.
然后我扔下水管......她就消失了。
And so I run back inside and tell my parents.
于是我跑回屋里告訴父母。
And they sit me down and give me this big rap on how when people die, you never see them again, and how I'd imagined it.
他們讓我坐下,然后訓斥了我一頓......人死了之后你絕不可能再見到他們,那只是我的幻覺。
But I knew what I'd seen. I was glad I saw that.I mean I've never seen anything like that since. But I don't know.
但我知道我看到了什么,并且為之高興。我以后再不會再看到類似的情景,但我不知道。
It just kind of let me know how ambiguous everything was, you know, even death.
那讓我有點明白世事都是那么無法解釋。包括死亡。