You know an awful lot about this town for being a stranger.
作為外人 你未免太了解這鎮子了
And you know very little for being the sheriff.
而作為警長 你了解的太少了
How do you know all this? You've been here before?
你如何知道這些的 你之前來過嗎
I know all of this for one very simple reason.
我知道這些的原因很簡單
I read the plaque.
我看了那塊石碑
You actually believe that?
你真的相信這個嗎
I'm a writer. I have to have an open mind.
我是個作家 我得虛懷若谷
Yeah, but magic?
沒錯 但是相信魔法嗎
Water is a very powerful thing. Cultures as old as time have worshipped it.
水是很強大的東西 自有文明以來 人們就崇拜它了
It flows throughout all lands, connecting the entire world. If anything had mystical properties, if anything had magic, well, I'd say it'd be water.
它流經所有土地 連接了整個世界 如果說什么東西有神秘力量 或者魔力 那一定是水
That's asking a lot to believe on faith.
你要我相信的東西可真多
If you need evidence for everything, Emma, you're gonna find yourself stuck in one place for a long time.
如果你做任何事都需要證據 艾瑪 你會發現自己一直困在原地
Maybe. Or maybe I'll just find the truth before anyone else.
也許吧 也或許我能趕在其他之前找到真相
Well, Ms. Skeptic, there's one thing I can tell you for sure that requires no leap of faith, and I know you'll agree with me.
"懷疑"女士 我能很確定地告訴你一件事 用不著你放"心"一搏 而且我確定你會贊成
What's that?
是什么
It's good water.
水很好喝