Chandler: Hello? Hello?
你好?你好?
Monica: I love my new job!
我愛死我的新工作了!
Chandler: Honey, you're screaming.
親愛的,你在吼叫。
Monica: You bet your ass I am! I just had the best first day, ever! The kitchen, twice as big as Allessandro's.
你說的沒錯,我就是!這工作是有史以來最棒的!那個廚房,比之前的餐廳大兩倍……
Chandler: Oh, that's great.
喔,太棒了。
Monica: Yeah, a-a-and clean. Not just health department clean...Monica clean.
說到干凈,不只是符合衛生局標準……是莫妮卡式的干凈。
Chandler: Awesome.
酷斃了。
Monica: Oh, and the people are so nice.
喔,還有同事都很好。
Monica: There's this one guy, Jeffrey, he's the maitre d', Chandler, you will love him.
有一個男的叫杰佛瑞,他是餐廳領班錢德,你會很喜歡他的!
Monica: He is without a doubt, the funniest guy I have ever met.
毫無疑問他是我遇過最風趣的男人了!
Mike: This is nice.
這真棒。
Phoebe: I know!
我知道。
Mike: You need both hands for that?
你需要兩只手才打得開?
Phoebe: Yeah, I kinda do. Well, how's this?
是啊,應該是要。嗯,那這樣呢?
Mike: Are you sure that's sweet enough?
你確定那樣夠甜嗎?
Joey: Aah, look at you two...holding hands...huh is this getting serious?
瞧瞧你們……兩個手握著手……是不是開始認真了呢?
Joey: Have you not talked about it yet? Am I making you uncomfortable? If you were bigger you'd hit me, huh? Aaahh
你們有沒有談過了呢?我是不是讓你們很不舒服呢?如果你再高壯一點你就會扁我了…… 對不對?
Phoebe: I'm sorry...I'm sorry. It's obviously way too early for us to be...having that conversation.
不好意思。很明顯地現在就討論那種事……對我們而言是太早了。
Mike: Is it?
會嗎?
Phoebe: Maybe not, is it?
或許不會,會嗎?
Mike: Ok, when I got divorced, I-I didn't think I'd feel this way about someone for a really long time...
當我離婚后……有一段很長的時間我不認為會對任何人有這種感覺……
Mike:Then again, I didn't think I'd meet someone like you...and...this may be crazy soon, but...I want you to have this...
而且,我也不認為會遇到像你這樣的人……這或許太瘋狂快速了,但我希望給你這個……
Mike:No, not...that's gum.
不,不是……那是口香糖。
Mike:Ooh, five bucks...I love it when that happens, you know...Think no note's there...
喔,五塊錢!我超喜歡這種事發生的,你知道嗎?你不知道那里有……
Phoebe: I know. Mike, why don't you keep digging?
我知道,繼續挖。
Mike: Oh, sorry.
抱歉。
Phoebe: Oh, it's a key. To be honest, I think I'd prefer the five dollars.
是一只鑰匙。老實說,我想我寧可要那五塊錢。
Mike: It's to my apartment.
我公寓的鑰匙。
Phoebe: Oh wow, ooh! Ooh, big step for Phoebe and Mike.
哇!菲比跟麥克兩人關系的一大步。
Mike: Yeah, look, and I don't want you to feel like you have to give me your key just because...
我不希望你覺得這樣,你也要給我你的鑰匙……
Phoebe: Oh no, I want to.
不,我要。
Mike: Oh, thank God.
感謝上帝。
Phoebe: Yeah...ooh...wow...Even started to think I'd never meet someone that, you know, I wanted to...do this with. Here you go.
哇,我本來還在想我應該不會遇到一個人……讓我想要這樣做的。拿去吧!
Mike: This is cool, huh?
這太酷了。
Phoebe: Really is.
真的是很酷。
Joey: Oh, I know it...It is amazing these little things open doors...huh!
我知道,太驚人了,這些小東西可以把門打開!
Rachel: So I don't go back to work for another four weeks, but we would like our nanny to start right away, so that Emma could get a chance to know her.
我四星期之后才需要回去上班,但是我們希望我們的保姆可以馬上上班,那艾瑪才有時間熟悉她。
Nanny Candidate: I think that's really smart.
我想這樣做是很聰明的。
Nanny Candidate:The easier we can make the transition for her, the better.
我們換手過程越流暢,對她越好。
Rachel: That's great, great. So do you have any questions for us?
太棒了,很好。那你有沒有其他的問題想問我們呢?
Nanny Candidate: Not really.
沒有。
Rachel: All right. Well thank you so much for coming...
好了,那謝謝你跑這么一趟……
Ross: Thank you.
謝謝。
Rachel: Really nice to meet you...and we'll call you.
很高興認識你……我們會打電話給你。
Nanny Candidate: Oh, you know, wait. I do have one question. Do you guys do random drug testing?
喔,等一下。我是有一個問題。你們會不定期對人做毒品測試嗎?
Ross: Boy, we uhm...hadn't really thought of that.
天啊,我們還真的沒想過這個。
Nanny Candidate: That's cool. But...but if you do, I'm gonna need three days notice.
沒關系,但是如果你們要求要做,我需要你們提前三天告訴我。
Rachel: Okidoki! Wow! We're never gonna find a nanny.
好的,沒問題!我們永遠都找不到保姆了。
Ross: Oh, come on Rach, we will. I promise. We have more interviews.
別這樣,瑞秋,我保證我們會找到的。我們還有其他的面試情況。
Ross:And worse comes to worse, we can always reconsider the uhm...the first one we met with.
不可能更糟,我們總是可以重新考慮第一個人選。
Rachel: What, the blonde with no bra?
什么?那個沒穿胸罩的金發女郎嗎?
Ross: She was blonde?
她的頭發是金色的嗎?
Ross:Just a sec! Ok, ok. This one's name is Sandy.
等一下!好的,這個叫做珊帝。
Ross:Uh, she's got a degree in early childhood education, uhm...she worked for her last family for three years.
她有幼兒教育學位,她在上個工作的家庭做了三年。
Rachel: Ok...
好……
Sandy: Hi...I'm Sandy.
嗨,我是珊帝。
Ross: And she's a little mannish...
而且她看起來有點男性化……
Phoebe: Oh my God! David!
喔,我的天!大衛!
David: Hi! I-i-is this a bad time?
現在會打擾你嗎?
Phoebe: No! It's a great time, come in!
不,現在很好!進來吧!
Phoebe:WOW, hi...Oh my gosh! What're you doing here? Are you back from Minsk?
哇!嗨!喔,天啊!你在這里做什么呢?你從明斯克回來嗎?
David: Well, just for a couple of days, uhm...I'm-I'm here to explain to the people who gave us our grant, why it's a positive thing that we spent all their money and uhm...accomplished uhm...nothing.
只回來幾天,我是回來跟提供基金的人解釋……為什么我們花光了所有他們給的錢……什么都沒有做出是件正常的事。
Phoebe: Who cares, it got you here.
誰在乎呢?反正你回來了。
David: Well, it-it got me to New York anyway, and then I got on a cab at the airport, and-and the guy said where to? and I just...gave him your address, I...I...I didn't even think about it.
我回到紐約,然后在機場叫了部計程車,司機問我要去哪?我想都沒想就給了他你的地址。
Phoebe: Wow. Where is your luggage?
你的行李呢?
David: Damn it!
該死!
Phoebe: A-All right, well...I'll-I'll call the cab company.
好了,我來打電話給計程車公司。
David: Wa...wa...wait! We can...call them later. Can you just...just stand there f-f-for a moment?
我們可以等一下再打。你可以先站在那邊一下子嗎?
David: Boy! There's an old Russian expression, uhm...it goes: Schto ya ztez vigul...ui! Roughly translated that means uhm...Th-this thing that I'm looking at: wow!
天啊!有一句俄羅斯老諺語是這樣的:Schto ya ztez vigul... ui!大略的翻譯就是:美艷不可方物!”
Phoebe: Thank you! God, no! You should see me when...Oh actually, no, I look pretty good.
謝謝你!你應該看看當我…… 事實上,不用,我看起來挺不錯的。
David: Are...are you kidding?
你在開玩笑嗎?
David:You know, when you don't see someone for a long time, a-a-and you kind of build them up in your head and then you start thinking well, come on, don't be crazy. Nobody is that beautiful, but...well, you are.
你知道的,當很久沒有見到一個人,你會在腦海中建立起這個人的影像 然后開始想:“少來了,別發神經了,沒有人是那樣美的,”但是,嗯,你真的就是那樣美。
David:Well, so, uhm...well, are you seeing...anyone?
那么,你現在有在跟誰交往嗎?
Phoebe: No...
沒有……
Phoebe: I'm...I'm just...I'm the worst person ever. How can I not tell David that I'm seeing Mike?
我是最糟糕的人!我怎么可以不告訴大衛我跟麥克在一起呢?
Monica: Maybe he didn't give you a chance.
或許他沒有給你機會說。
Phoebe: He said: Are you seeing someone? And I said no...
他問我有沒有跟誰交往,而我說沒有……
Monica: Oh, well...That'd been your window.
喔,那本來是你可以澄清的機會的。
Phoebe: Yeah! I mean, I don't know. I was just, I was looking, I was looking in his eyes and I was just thinking: Oh my God! It's David. David's here. He's just, he's so irresistible.
我真的不知道,我看著他的雙眼……然后只能想:我的天!是大衛,大衛在這里。他真是令人無法抗拒。
Monica: Really? Th-the scientist guy?
真的嗎?那個科學家?
Phoebe: Really? Chandler?
真的嗎?錢德?
Monica: Continue...
繼續說……
Phoebe: Oh. Ok, then it gets worse, 'cause then I told him that I would see him tomorrow night.
然后越來越糟糕……因為我答應他明晚跟他見面。
Monica: Phoebe!
菲比!
Phoebe: I know! Evil! And...and...and...I like Mike so much, you know. It's just going really well. Oh my God!
我知道!邪惡的女人!我真的好喜歡麥克,你知道嗎?發展得真的很順利。我的天!
Monica: Wow, isn't it ironic that David would show up on the same day that you and Mike exchange keys?
大衛出現在你跟麥克交換鑰匙的同一天……這真是很諷刺。
Phoebe: Uhuh...Yeah! You know. And given my life long search for irony, you could imagine how happy I am.
是啊,而且你知道我一輩子都在找尋諷刺的事……你可以想像的到我有多開心!
Monica: What're you gonna do?
你要怎么辦呢?
Phoebe: I-I mean I guess, I just have to...tell David that nothing can happen between us.
我想我只能……告訴大衛我們之間是不可能的。
Phoebe:Unless I don't...You know, complicated moral situation, no right, no wrong...
除非我不用告訴他……你知道的,復雜的道德情況……是沒有錯或對。
Monica: You have to tell David!
你必須要告訴大衛。
Phoebe: Ok, I knew I should have had this conversation with Joey.
我就知道我應該去問喬伊才對。
Chandler: Funniest guy she's ever met! I'm funny, right...? What'd you know, you're a door...You just like knock-knock jokes...Save it for inside!
她遇過最風趣的男人……我很風趣,不是嗎?你知道個什么?你只是一道門……你就像是“敲敲門”笑話……等到里面再發揮。
Monica: Heeeeeey! Chandler: Hey! Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!嘿!嘿!
Chandler: So...Oklahoma is a crazy place. You know, they call it the Sooner state.
奧克拉荷馬真是瘋狂。他們把那里稱為早到者之州。
Chandler:Frankly I'd sooner be in any other state.
事實上,我還真希望可以早點離開到其它的州!
Chandler:And what's with Oklahoma having a pan handle?
而且奧克拉荷馬為什么有個平底鍋柄呢?
Chandler:Can all states have stuff like that? Hey yeah, I'm from the waistband, Wyoming.
其它的州可以有像那樣的東西嗎?嘿,我是從懷俄明州的腰部來的。
Chandler:But when I was seven, we headed over to the crotch.
但是當我七歲的時候,我們就搬到胯下部了。
Monica: Was your cabin pressurised?
你的機艙是不是壓力太大?
Chandler: And don't get me started on the way that people from Tulsa talk.
而且不要讓我開始告訴你們土爾沙人說話的方式。
Phoebe: Ok.
好的。
Chandler: What's with the word y'all? You know, just...two words just...pushed together...
“你全”到底是個什么字呢?只不過是“你們”跟“全部”加在一起……
Chandler:Are we all allowed to do that, because if so, I say why stop there?
我們可以那樣做嗎?因為如果可以,還有很多字可以這樣玩。
Chandler:You know, your-your new poodle could be your noodle.
你的“新獅子狗” 可以變成你的“新獅”。
Chandler:And fried chicken? Could be frickin.
“油炸雞塊”可以變成“炸塊”服務生?
Chandler:Waiter, waiter, 'scuse me, I'll have the frickin? See, that's...that's funny with the frickin, right?
服務生,不好意思 我想要點“炸塊”!瞧,“炸塊”,很好笑吧?
Monica: No, it's reminded me of something this guy did today at work.
不,只是讓我想起今天工作時有個人講的笑話。
Monica:I-I told you about that funny guy, Jeffrey, right?
我有跟你提過一個風趣的人叫做杰佛瑞,對嗎?
Chandler: Yeah, he came up...
是啊,你提過……
Monica: Ok. Well, he did this bit...You probably had to be there, but it was uh, Laizah Minelli locked in our freezer, eating a raw chicken.
嗯,他做了一件事……你應該要在現場才感受的到……莉莎明妮莉被鎖在冰箱里面吃生雞肉。
Chandler: Were you there?
你在現場嗎?
Phoebe: No, but it sounds like it was frickin funny...
沒有,但是聽起來非常(與炸塊同字)好笑……
Sandy: I really do understand how hard it's gotta be to leave your child with another person.
我真的可以理解要把孩子交付給另一個人是很困難的事。
Sandy:I mean, it's like leaving behind a piece of your heart...
我是說,這就像把心上的一塊肉割下……
Rachel: Sandy, that's exactly what it is...
珊帝,這正是如此……
Ross: Are you gay?
你是同性戀嗎?
Rachel: I'm sorry, that's our Ross. He's just Mr. Shoot Straight From The Hip.
我很抱歉,這就是我們的羅斯。他總是直言不諱。
Sandy: It's ok. I get that a lot doing what I do. But I am straight. I'm-I'm engaged actually.
沒關系,我的工作常引來誤會。但我不是同性戀,事實上我已經訂婚。
Rachel: Oh!
喔!
Sandy: Her name is Deliah.
她的名字叫做狄莉亞。
Rachel: Oh, that's pretty.
真是好名字。
Ross: So you're-you're just like a...guy who's a nanny?
所以你只是一個當保姆的男人?
Sandy: I realise how it's...a bit unorthodox for some people, but, I really believe, the most satisfying thing you can do with your life, is take care of a child.
我知道這對一些人來說是很顛覆傳統的,但我真的相信照顧小孩是一輩子當中……最令人感到滿足的事。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Sandy: Like in my last job, I met Daniel when he was three weeks old.
就像我上一個工作……我在丹尼爾三星期大的時候就認識他。
Sandy:And I got to watch him grow into this awesome person...
然后我看著他成長變成一個很棒的人……
Sandy:When I left, I said: I'll see you soon...
當我離開的時候,我說:“希望很快再見到你”……
Sandy:And he said to me: Skdandy...That was his name for me...I'll see you every day...right in...
然后他說“珊卡丹帝”……那是他給我的名字……“我每天都會看到你在……”
Ross: Yeah, kids say all kinds of crap.
是啊,小孩子盡是會說些鬼話。
Rachel: Oh God, she must...she must need her diaper changed.
喔,天啊,她一定是需要換尿布了。
Sandy: Oh, oh, I-I can do it for her, if you want...
我可以幫你處理,如果你要的話……
Rachel: Oh, that would be great!
太棒了!
Sandy: Uh, Just so you know, these dinosaur toys, aren't really age-appropriate.
順便跟你說一下,那些恐龍玩具可能不適合她的年齡。
Ross: They're mine.
那些是我的。
Sandy: Oh. Also not, age-appropriate.
同樣也是不適齡。
Rachel: I love him, I love him, I love him...
我愛他,我愛他,我愛他!
Ross: Oh, come on, Rachel, he's a guy!
別這樣,瑞秋,他是個男人!
Rachel: So He's smart, he's qualified. Give me one good reason we shouldn't try him out.
那又如何?他很聰明,資歷又符合。給我一個理由為什么我們不能試用他。
Ross: Because, it's weird!
因為這實在太奇怪了!
Rachel: Why?
為什么?
Rachel:Wow, I never looked at it that way.
哇,我從來都沒有那樣想過。
Ross: Wh-what kind of job is that for a man? A nanny? I mean it's like i-if a woman wanted to be...
男人做那種工作像話嗎?保姆?我是說,那就像一個女人想要成為……
Rachel: Yes?
什么?
Ross: King?
國王?
Sandy: I uh...I hope you don't mind. I used some of my home-made lotion on Emma.
我希望你不介意,我在艾瑪身上用了我自制的乳液。
Sandy:It's a mixture of calendula and honey cream. It'll dry that rash right up.
那是混合金盞花跟蜂蜜的乳液。對紅疹是立即見效的。
Sandy:Plus...it keeps the hands young...
而且,使雙手保持年輕……
Rachel: Yes! Sandy you're hired.
是的!珊帝,你被錄取了!
Sandy: That's great! I'm sorry. It's just...such an emotional thing when you're welcomed into a new family...
太棒了!不好意思。只是被歡迎加入一個新家庭是一件很令人感動的事……
Rachel: Oooh...God, come here.
喔,天啊,過來這里。
Ross: You gotta be at least bi...
你至少也是雙性戀……
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler:I need you to set me up for a joke. Later, when Monica is around, I need you to ask me about fire trucks.
我需要你幫忙讓我講笑話……當莫妮卡在的時候,問我消防車怎樣。
Joey: Ooh. I-I don't know Chan. I'm-I'm not so good with remembering lines.
我不知道,錢德,我不是很會記臺詞的。
Chandler: Well, thank God your livelihood doesn't depend on it.
感謝上帝你不是靠記臺詞吃飯的。
Joey: I know, right? Wh...Wh...Why are we doing this?
我知道,棒吧?我們為什么要這樣做呢?
Chandler: Monica says that her maitre d' is the funniest guy she's ever met.
莫妮卡說他們餐廳的領班是她遇過最風趣的男人。
Joey: Seriously? She actually said that?
真的嗎?她真的那樣說?
Chandler: Yes! Am I crazy to be this upset?
是的,我這樣不爽很瘋狂嗎?
Joey: No! Being funny's your thing!
不!風趣是你的專利!
Chandler: Yeah!
是啊!
Joey: Without that, you just got "lame with women". Chandler: Ye....
沒有了它,你還有什么吸引女人的!耶……
Monica: Hi! There you are.
嗨!你們都在。
Joey: Fire trucks!
消防車!
David: Hi.
嗨。
Phoebe: Hi.
嗨。
David: Oh, I-I-I brought you this from Minsk. Um, You-you're not going to believe this, uh, this is lemon-flavored vodka.
我從明斯克帶回來這個給你,你不會相信的,這是檸檬口味的伏特加。
Phoebe: Wow. we-uh-we actually, uhm, we-we have this here.
是嗎?事實上這里也有。
David: I traded four pairs of Levi's for that.
我用四條牛仔褲換來的。
Phoebe: Thanks, thanks anyway.
謝謝你。
David: Wow, you-you look even...more beautiful than you did yesterday.
哇,你看起來比昨天更美麗。
Phoebe: Oof...
唔……
David: In fact, ehm...I'm going to kiss you now.
事實上,我現在要親你。
Phoebe: Oh, wait, wait!
喔,等等!
David: Yeah, I-I don't, I can't get away with stuff like that. I-I-It sounded sexy in my head, so I...
我就是沒有辦法……在我腦海中聽起來很性感,所以我……
Phoebe: No, no, it's-it's not that.
不,不,不是那件事。
Phoebe:Uhm...Remember when you asked me if I was seeing someone and I said no?
你記得當你問我有沒有跟誰交往而我告訴你沒有嗎?
Phoebe:Well, uhm...I am. His...his name is Mike.
事實上我有,他叫做麥克。
David: Oh...oh...
喔……哦……
Phoebe: Yeah, I should've told you.
我應該早點告訴你的。
David: No...well, yeah.
不用……嗯,你應該要的。
Phoebe: I'm sorry, I-I wanted to tell you. But you know, then I just got lost in your eyes...and I-I just forgot all about...
我很抱歉,我想告訴你。但是我又沉醉在你的眼神中……然后我就完全忘了……
David: Mike?
麥克?
Phoebe: Right, yes, uhuh. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
是的,沒錯。我很抱歉,我很抱歉。
David: Well, it's-it's ok, it's ok. I-I-I understand...Well, so...well, are you happy with this guy?
沒關系,我可以理解……那你跟這個人在一起快樂嗎?
Phoebe: I am happy.
我是很快樂。
David: Damn it!
該死!
David:I-I'm sorry. I-I don't mean that. I-I want you to be happy...But only with me.
我很抱歉,我不是那個意思。我要你過得快樂……但是只能跟我。
David:No, that-that's not fair. Uh, who cares, leave him! Oh, I don't mean that. Yes I do...I'm sorry. Uhm, I...I think I should probably uhm...go...
不,那并不公平。管他的,拋棄他吧!我不是那個意思,是的,我是……我很抱歉。我想我應該離開了……
Phoebe: Uh...but David, just...I just want you to know that...that...you know...telling you this...is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
但是,大衛,我只想要你知道……跟你坦白是我做過最困難的事。
David: Well...just so you know...hearing it wasn't exactly a Vladnik carnival either...Can we at least hug goodbye?
嗯,讓你知道一下……聽到這件事也不是像在過嘉年華……我們至少可以擁抱道別吧?
Phoebe: Of course, yeah. You know, a-a kiss on the cheek wouldn't be totally inappropriate...
當然,可以,你知道的,在臉頰上親一下應該不會是太不適當……
David: No...no...Phoebe: I mean...
不……不……我是說……
David: In Minsk...Phoebe: Yeah?
在明斯克…… 怎樣呢?
David: it's uhm...it's-it's two on each cheek and uhm...and one on the lips.
是在兩邊各親兩下……還有一下親在唇上。
Phoebe: Well, if that's what they do in Minsk...In New York...it's...
嗯,好吧,如果那是明斯克的習俗。在紐約,是……
Rachel: Oh...Oh boy...Hi...
喔,天啊……嗨……
Ross: Is everything all right?
一切都還好吧?
Rachel: Oh yeah, it's fine, it's fine. Sandy was just...was just telling me about how he proposed to his fiancée and it was just so beautiful.
喔,是的,很好,很好。珊帝只是在告訴我他是如何跟他未婚妻求婚的……實在是太夢幻了。
Sandy: Well, her favourite flower is the camellia. From the poem...
她最喜歡的花是山茶花。從那首詩……
Rachel: I can't...I can't hear it again.
我沒辦法再聽一次。
Sandy: You know, I can't tell it again...
我也沒辦法再說一次……