Good morning. Please, come in.
早上好。請進
I have a lot of respect for you.
我非常敬仰你
Since we can't be friends, or... you're not comfortable with that,
既然我們不能成為朋友,或者說,你不喜歡這樣
I found myself looking at my friends through your eyes,
我不知不覺開始透過你的眼睛來審視我的朋友們
imagining what your diagnosis might be.
想象著你會做出怎樣的診斷
So you become the psychoanalyst?
你變成心理分析學家了嗎
I become you.
我變成了你
Who are you psychoanalyzing?
你分析了誰
My friend Tobias. I... Googled "psychopaths", went down the checklist,
我的朋友托拜厄斯。我搜索了"精神變態",看了一覽表
and I was a little surprised to see how many boxes I had checked.
我有點驚訝,發現我在表上勾了好多項
Why were you so curious to Google?
是什么讓你好奇到要去搜索
He's been saying very dark things and then saying, "just kidding!" a lot. It started to seem kind of crazy.
他總是說一些陰暗的事,然后又說只是在開玩笑。他開始變得有點瘋狂起來
Psychopaths are not crazy.
精神變態并不是瘋子
They're fully aware of what they do and the consequences of those actions.
他們十分清楚自己的所作所為,也明白那些行為會導致的后果
Would you diagnose someone like Tobias as a psychopath?
你會把托拜厄斯那樣的人診斷為精神變態嗎
Or, uh, are you supposed to diagnose other people in front of me?
你可以在我面前診斷別人嗎
Do you... would you rather just talk about me? Not at all.
還是你只想談論我的事。無所謂
Are you bored with me?
你是不是嫌我煩了
No. This is your hour, Franklyn. We will talk about whatever you would like to talk about.
沒有。這是你的看診時間,富蘭克林。你想談天說地都行
I'd like to talk about Tobias. Perhaps you can help me analyze him.
我想談談托拜厄斯。也許你能幫我分析一下他
I'm not analyzing your friend; I'm analyzing your perception of him.
我不分析你的朋友。我來分析一下你對他的看法
It may help you know yourself better.
也許能幫你更好地認識自我
You could be projecting onto him what you consider to be your flaws.
你也許將自己的缺陷投射在了他的身上
Does that mean that I'm a psychopath?
意思是說我是精神變態嗎
You're not a psychopath, although you may be attracted to them.
你不是精神變態,但精神變態能吸引你