Captain, you wanted to see me?
上尉,你找我
Dai tells me that you're doing a fair job of taking over for Scott. He did?
戴告訴我你在找人接手斯科特的工作。是嗎
I can only hope he's right.
我只能希望他是對的
We think that the aliens have recalibrated their beamers
外星人重新校準了它們的激光飛船
to pick up the heat coming off our vehicles.
以感應我們車輛的熱源
Probably using some infrared sensor.
可能用了紅外探測器
As long as we stay put, engines off, they can't see us.
只要我們待在原地,關閉引擎,它們就看不見我們
Only that's not an option.
只不過這選擇不好
Our patrols just saw three alien units all walking around out there, all within five miles.
我們巡邏隊看見有三支外星分隊在附近游走,全都在五英里內
It's only a matter of time before they nail us.
遲早會發現我們
If we can't move our vehicles, we lose our mobility, and we lose most of our supplies.
如果不能開車,就失去了機動性,從而失去大部分物資
We need to find a way to mask the heat coming off those engines
我們得找辦法把引擎散發的熱量隱藏掉
long enough to put some distance between us and those patrols. Well, how far?
我們和巡邏隊間要有足夠距離。那要多遠
At least 20 miles. 20 miles?
至少二十英里。二十英里嗎
That would mean keeping the engines cooled out for at least an hour.
那能夠保證引擎至少冷卻一個小時
Okay. All right. I'll try.
好的。好吧,我試試看
You don't get points for effort.
你沒明白這些努力的意義
We don't find a way to move those vehicles, people are going to die. No pressure.
我們不想辦法轉移車輛,就會有人死去。不要感到壓力