Men are weak. The race of Men is failing.
人類太脆弱了。他們沒有希望了。
The blood of Numenor is all but spent, its pride and dignity forgotten.
努曼諾爾人的血液不再純正。他們的驕傲和榮耀早被遺忘。
It is because of Men the Ring survives.
魔戒會幸存都是人類的關系。
I was there, Gandalf.
當時我也在場,甘道夫。
I was there 3000 years ago, when Isildur took the Ring.
三千年前,我也在場埃西鐸取走至尊魔戒。
I was there the day the strength of Men failed.
人類屈服于誘惑的那天,我也在場。
Isildur, hurry! Follow me.
埃西鐸,快!跟我來。
I led Isildur into the heart of Mount Doom, where the Ring was forged, the one place it could be destroyed.
我帶埃西鐸來到末日火山,只有在那里才能摧毀至尊魔戒。
Cast it into the fire! Destroy it! No. Isildur!
把它丟進烈焰中!毀了它!不。埃西鐸!
It should have ended that day, but evil was allowed to endure.
那天就該結束一切,但是邪惡卻讓它存活下去。
Isildur kept the Ring. The line of kings is broken.
埃西鐸把至尊魔戒占為己有。皇室血脈就此斷絕。
There's no strength left in the world of Men.
人類的世界早已失去力量。
They're scattered, divided, leaderless.
他們群龍無首,四處流竄。
There is one who could unite them.
還有一個人能讓他們團結。
One who could reclaim the throne of Gondor.
還有一個人能繼承剛鐸王位。
He turned from that path a Long time ago.
但他早就放棄王位了。
He has chosen exile.
他選擇自我放逐。
You are no EIf.
你不是精靈。
Men of the South are welcome here.
歡迎南方來的人類。
Who are you?
你是誰?
I am a friend to Gandalf the Grey.
我是灰袍巫師甘道夫的朋友。
Then we are here on common purpose, friend.
那我們為了共同的目的來到這里朋友。