Tony: Wow! That's ah, that's pretty nice.
哇,這柜子還不賴嘛。
Joey:"Pretty nice"?
還不賴?
Chandler: You'll have to pardon my roommate, he wanted to marry this.
原諒我的室友,他簡直想娶它。
Tony: We don't have 50 bucks, but would you be willing to trade for it? We got a canoe.
我們沒有50塊錢,你們愿意交換嗎?我們有一艘獨木舟。
Chandler: Y'know, I, I, I really don't think we need a canoe.
那個,我們不需要獨木舟。
Tony: You gotta take the canoe.
你們一定要收下獨木舟。
Chandler: All right, just, just take the entertainment center. And then when you get home, throw the canoe away.
你們就把柜子搬走吧。等你們到家,再把獨木舟扔掉。
Peter: We're not throwing it away. I built that canoe.
我們不會扔的,那是我親手造的。
Joey: Good for you!
說得好!
Rachel: You guys, you're never gonna believe what I just found tacked up on a telephone pole. Look kinda familiar?
伙伴們,你們看我在電線桿上發現了什么。眼熟嗎?
Ross: Apparently Phoebe's mother also goes by the name "Julio."
很顯然菲比的母親也叫胡里奧。
Chandler: Wait a minute. This is not the same cat. This cat's only this big.
慢著,不是那只貓吧,這只才這么小。
Rachel: You guys, there's a little girl in Soho looking for this cat. I mean, you know what that means?
你們啊,一個小女孩在找這只貓,知道這代表什么嗎?
Joey: Yeah! $200 reward split five ways!
知道,五個人平分2百元賞金。
Rachel: Do we have to tell her?
要告訴她嗎?
Ross: Yes, we have to tell her.
當然要告訴她。
Monica: Oh, but it's made her so happy.
但菲比現在好開心。
Ross: Little girl misses her cat. Crazy lady thinks her mother is in a cat.
想念貓咪的小女孩。覺得貓是母親附體的癡女人。
Okay, y'know what, I have to go have dinner with my son, can I trust that when you see Phoebe, you will tell her?
好吧,我要去跟我兒子吃飯,你們見到菲比會告訴她吧?
All: Yeah. Yes.
會。
Ross: Thank you.
謝謝。
Rachel: I hate when Ross is right.
我討厭羅斯是對的時候。
Monica: He is right, isn't he?
他是對的,不是嗎?
Chandler: Y'know what, I mean this might be one of the times when he's wrong.
你們知道嗎,搞不好這一次他錯了。
All: You think?
是嗎?
Chandler: Oh, no. He's right.
不,他說得對。
Phoebe: Hi.
嗨。
Monica: Hi!
嗨!
All: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Uh, Pheebs, about your mom.
那個,菲比,關于你的母親。
Phoebe: Yeah?
怎么了?
Joey: How's that going?
你們處得好嗎?
Phoebe: So great. Oh, we took a nap together today, my mom fell asleep on my tummy and purred.
太好了。我們今天一起睡午覺呢,媽媽在我肚子上睡著了,還打呼。
Joey: That's so sweet. I'm gonna get some coffee.
真溫馨,我去倒點咖啡。
Monica: Huh? What'd you say, Joe? I'll be right there.
???喬你說什么?我馬上過去。
Rachel: Pheebs...
菲比
Phoebe: I just feel so, uhh...
我覺得好
Rachel: All right! Jeez!
好的!天!
Chandler: I'm coming already!
馬上到!
Monica: Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet! Not yet!
還沒好,沒好,沒好
Rachel: Hello, Chip.
你好啊奇普。
Chip: Hey, Rach! How ya doing?
嘿,瑞秋,你好嗎?
Rachel: I'm great! I'm great. I got a great job at Bloomingdale's, have wonderful friends. And even though I'm not seeing anyone right now, I've never felt better about myself.
很好!很好。我有一份好工作,一群好朋友。而且即使我現在沒有見過任何人,我也從沒感覺到那么好。
Chip: So ah, Monica ready yet?
哦,莫妮卡好了嗎?
Rachel: She'll be out in a second. So, Chip, how's umm, Amy Welsh?
她馬上就好。奇普啊,艾米·韋爾奇好嗎?
Chip: Amy Welsh? Wow! I haven't seen her since...So, Monica about ready?
艾米·韋爾奇?我一直沒見她,自從 莫妮卡快好了嗎?
Monica: Hi.
嗨。
Chip: Hey! Wow, you look great.
嘿!你好漂亮。
Monica: Thanks.
謝謝。
Rachel: Aww, well, you guys have fun.
玩的開心點。
Chip: Catch you later.
再聯絡。
Rachel: Bye, Chip.
再見,奇普。
Monica: Are you sure you're okay about this?
你確定你不介意?
Rachel: Actuall...
其實
Monica: Okay, great.
太好了。
Joey: This is the unit for you my friend.
買這個柜子就對了,哥們。
Sturdy construction, tons of storage compartments, some big enough to fit a grown man.
堅固耐用,容量超大,都能塞得進一個大人。
Guy: What?
什么?
Joey: Oh, yeah, I got in there myself once. My roommate bet me 5 bucks that I couldn't, and then he stuck a board through the handles that locked me in.
沒錯,我就進去過一次。我的室友賭5元說我進不去,然后他拿了條木板穿在把手上,把我鎖在里面。
It was funny till I started feeling like I was in a coffin.
開頭很好玩,直到我開始覺得自己像在棺材里。
Guy: Nah, you, you can't fit in that thing. that's not deep enough.
你進不去的,它不夠深。
Joey: Oh yeah? If I can't, I'll knock five bucks off the price of the unit.
你不信?要是我進不去我就以5美元把它賣給你。
Guy: All right, you have yourself a deal.
好,就這么說定了。
Joey: Okay. See? I told ya! Sometimes I come in here just to get away from it. Hey, a nickel!
說定了。你看,我就說吧。有時我還玩密室逃脫呢??从?分錢!
Chip: Here we are.
到了。
Monica: Oh my God! You still have the Chipper!
天哪,你還在騎奇車?
Chip: The what?
什么車?
Monica: That's what we used to called your ah, your motorcycle in high school.
那時高中你的摩托車的外號。
Y'know a motorcycle's a Chopper. And you're Chip. Never mind.
你知道有種摩托車叫Chopper,而你叫Chip。沒事。
Chip: No, I think it's cute.
真可愛。
Monica: Wow! A lipper from Chipper.
喔~來自"Chipper"的唇。
Chip: So you still in touch with anyone from high school?
你還有跟哪些高中同學聯絡?
Monica: Umm. Well, there's Rachel...and umm, that's it. How about you?
嗯,有瑞秋,還有 嗯,就這么多了,你呢?
Chip: Oh yeah, I still hang with Simmons and Zana, Al, I see Spindler a lot. Devane, Kelly,
我還在跟西蒙斯和薩納混。也常跟斯賓德、萊文、凱利見面,
and I run into Goldie from time to time. Steve Brown, Zuchoff, McGwire, J.T. , Breadsly.
還總能碰見高迪啊、史蒂夫啊,布朗、蘇卡夫、馬克奎爾、J.T.、比爾茲利。
Monica: Is that all?
就那么多?
Chip: Ehh, Y'know after high school, you just kinda lose touch. Oh yeah! I ran into Richard Dorfman.
嗨,自從高中畢業后,你就失去聯系了。哦對了!我上次碰見理查德·多夫曼了。
Monica: Ohh, how is he?
他好嗎?
Chip: Not so good, I mean Simmons and I gave him a wedgie.
不太好,之前我跟西蒙斯還給了他一雙坡跟鞋。
Monica: Isn't he an architect now?
他不是建筑師嗎?
Chip: Yeah, they still wear underwear.
建筑師也要穿內褲。
Chandler: Oh, my God!
天哪!
Joey: What?
怎么了?
Chandler: Are you all right?
你還好嗎?
Joey: Yeah...
還好
Chandler: What happened?
怎么回事?
Joey: Awww, man, he promised he wouldn't take the chairs!
啊,混蛋!他答應不拿椅子的!
Chandler: What the hell happened? How were you locked in? And where the hell is all of our stuff?
到底怎么回事?你怎么會被關進去?我們的東西呢?
Joey: Well, this guy came by to look at the unit and...and he said he didn't think it's big enough to fit a grown man!
有一個人來看柜子,他說他不信這能裝一個大人。
Chandler: So...you got in voluntarily?
所以你是自愿進去的?
Joey: I was trying to make a sale! Oh, man, if I ever run into that guy again, you know what I'll do?
我當時想把柜子賣出去!跟你說,要是再碰上他,你猜我會怎樣?
Chandler: Bend over?
屈服于他?
Chip:...and then Zana just let one rip!
然后冼娜,就裂了道口!
Monica: Look, not that I don't enjoy talking about people who I went to high school with,'cause I do.
我不是不喜歡說高中的人,我喜歡。
But umm, maybe we can talk about something else. Like you, I don't even know where you work.
但或許我們可以聊點別的。像你,我還不知道你在哪工作。
Chip: You know where I work.
你知道啊。
Monica: I do?
我知道?
Chip: The movie theater. You used to come in all the time.
電影院啊,你以前常來。
Monica: You still work at the Multiplex?
你還在打散工?
Chip: Oh, like I'd give up that job! Free popcorn and candy, anytime I want. I can get you free posters for your room.
我怎么會換工作。爆米花和糖果隨便吃。我可以幫你拿海報貼屋里。
Monica: Thanks, I'm set.
謝謝,我貼過了。
Chip: Oh, you know who came in the other night? Peters. Told me he just went out with Leslie Maskin. Got to third base.
對了,你猜那天誰來了?彼得斯。他說他剛才跟萊斯利·馬斯金約會。還上了床哦。
Monica: Do you still live with your parents?
你還住和你父母一起住嗎?
Chip: Oh Yeah, but I can stay out as late as I want.
對,但是我多晚回家都沒事了。
Joey: You know, with all of our stuff gone, the unit doesn't seem that big.
你看,沒了其他東西,電視柜顯得不那么大了。
Chandler: Why couldn't he have been a kidnapper.
那人為何不把你綁走?
Rachel: Wow! They really got you guys. Your TV, the chairs.
喔,他們真是大搬家。電視、椅子。
Phoebe: Yeah, your microwave, the stereo.
微波爐、音響。
Joey: Oh, man, he took the five of spades! Oh, no-no-no, here it is.
天哪,他把黑桃5拿走了。啊沒拿,在這呢。
Monica: Oh, my God! What happened?
天哪!怎么了?
Chandler: Oh, umm, Joey was born, and then 28 years later, I was robbed!
喬伊出生,28年后,我被搶了。
Rachel: So how was your date?
約會怎么樣?
Monica: Well, you know how I always wanna go out with Chip Matthews in high school.
你知道我高中時一直想跟奇普約會。
Well, tonight, I actually went out with Chip Matthews in high school.
今晚,我真的跟"高中時的"奇普約會了。
Rachel: Oh honey, I'm sorry.
親愛的,我好難過。
Monica: No, it's okay. Not only did I get to go out with Chip Matthews, I got to dump Chip Matthews.
不,挺好的。我不但跟奇普約了會,還甩了他。
Rachel: Ohh! That's so great!
太棒了!
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Ross: Hey, so ah, what did the insurance company say?
保險公司怎么說?
Chandler: Oh, they said,"You don't have insurance here,so stop calling us."
他們說 "你們沒在這投保,別再打來了。"
Ross: You didn't tell her? Okay, fine. Pheebs?
你們沒有告訴她?好吧,菲比。
Phoebe: Yeah? Hi!
什么事?
Ross: Hi, Listen, uhh, this cat belongs to a little girl. There are flyers all over the place.
那個,聽我說,這只貓是一個小女孩的,路上貼滿了尋貓啟事。
Rachel: I'm sorry, sweetie.
對不起親愛的。
Monica: Hey, we can take her back with you if you want.
我們可以在你想的時候把她帶回來。
Phoebe: Ohh. Um-hmm. But, you know, she chose to find me. I mean, I have to respect her decision, right?
但是她選擇來找我。我得尊重她的決定,對吧?
Chandler, Monica, Joey, and Rachel: That's a good call. Yeah, that's right.
有道理。沒錯。
Ross: No! No! Look--Hey, enough is enough.
不,不是的,別再鬧了。
Look, I'm sorry that you feel guilty whatever about spending time with your new mom, but this isn't your old mom.
我很遺憾你跟新媽媽在一起會有罪惡感,但這不是你的過世的媽媽。
This is a cat. Okay? Julio the cat. Not Mom! Cat.
這是一只貓,對吧?它叫胡里奧。不是媽媽,是貓。
Phoebe: Ross, how many parents have you lost?
羅斯,你失去過幾個父母?
Ross: None.
沒有。
Phoebe: Okay then you don't know what it feels like when one of them comes back, do you?
那你就無法體會,其中一個回來的感覺,對吧?
Phoebe: I believe this is my mother. Even if I'm wrong, who cares? Just be a friend, okay? Be supportive.
我相信這就是我的媽媽。就算不是又怎樣?做個好朋友嘛,支持下我。
Ross: I'm sorry.
對不起。
Phoebe: Okay.
沒事。
Ross: I don't know what to say.
我不知道該說什么。
Rachel: You could say...you're sorry to her mom.
你可以向她的媽媽道歉。
Phoebe: I think she would like that.
我想她會接受。
Ross: Come here. Here, come here, come here.
過來,這里來,過來。
Mrs. Buffay? Sorry about what I said. umm, It was, it was insensitive of me to say that you were just a cat...
布菲太太?我為我說的話道歉。我實在很傷人說你只是一只貓。
when, clearly, you are also...the reincarnated spirit of my friend's mother.
很顯然的,你也是我朋友的母親 靈魂轉世。
Phoebe: Thank you. We both forgive you.
謝謝你,我們都原諒你了。
Ross: Ahh.
哦。
Rachel: So honey, what are you gonna do about the little girl?
親愛的,那個小女孩怎么辦?
Phoebe: Yeah, okay, Listen. umm, Mom, I hope you know you still mean a lot to me. And you're welcome to come back anytime.
好,聽我說,媽,我想讓你知道,你對我依舊很重要。歡迎你隨時回來。
Chandler: Pheebs, if she could come back as a couch, we'd really appreciate it.
菲比,如果她回來時是張睡椅那會更好的。
Phoebe: Come on Mom. I'll take you home.
走吧媽媽,我帶你回家。
Rachel: I'll go with you.
我跟你去。
Monica: Me too.
我也去。
Ross: Oh! Y'know, I got an extra futon.
我還有個多余的蒲團。
Joey: Dude, you don't have to brag. We got nothing here.
老兄別再顯擺了,我們啥都沒有了。
Chandler: You know...It's peaceful out here.
你看這里好寧靜。