Monica: Come in. I've been waiting for you.
進來,我等很久了。
Rachel: Hi! I just wanna Ahhh!!! My God! Oh my God! Monica!
我只是……天啊,莫妮卡。
Monica: Ok, I'm sorry! Sorry, I-I-I was um, I was taking a nap.
抱歉抱歉,我正在睡午覺。
Rachel: Uh! Since when do you take naps in that position? Oh God Monica, tell me you were waiting for a guy!Please tell me you were waiting for a guy!
你從何時開始,用那種怪姿勢睡覺?莫妮卡,你是在等男人吧?拜托你說是在等男人。
Monica: Yes. Yes, I was. A guy. From work. I'm seeing a guy from work! Ha!
沒錯。是一個同事,我在和同事交往!
Rachel: That cute waiter guy from your restaurant, the one that looks like a non-threatening Ray Liotta?
我最近跟同事約會!那個長得像雷·利奧塔(影星)親切版的帥哥服務生?
Monica: Uh-huh, that one!
就是他!
Rachel: You know what, I-I, just give me a second and I'll be out of your hair. I'm just gonna grab a jacket. When I get back, I want every little detail. Maybe that's him.
我馬上就閃人,我只是回來拿件外套,等我回來可要告訴我詳情。他可能來了。
Monica: Ok, umm, ok, umm...It's just Joey and Ross.
或許……只是喬伊跟羅斯。
Rachel: Why aren't you guys at the movie?
你們不是去看電影嗎?
Joey: Well, we were! But Ross was talking so loud on his phone, they threw us out!
對啊,可是羅斯講電話太吵,我們被電影院轟了出來……
Ross: I had to talk loud because the movie was loud!
電影太吵,我當然得大聲講!
Joey: He's talking to London!
他打電話去倫敦。
Monica: My God! Did he get in touch with Emily?
為什么?他找到艾蜜莉了?
Joey: Well no, not yet. He's calling everyone on her side of the family hoping that someone will help him get in touch with her.
還沒,但是他打給女方親戚,希望有人愿意幫他。
Ross: I-I-I don't care if I said some other girl's name you prissy, old twit!
就算我說錯名字又如何,你這大驚小怪的笨蛋!
Joey: Ross! Way to suck up to the family.
羅斯,你巴結親家真有一套。
Chandler: I'm so glad you guys are all here! My office finally got wrinkle free fax paper!
真高興大家都在,我們公司終于買免皺傳真紙了。
Ross: Oh hi, is this Nanny Hopkins? I'm-I'm looking for Emily. Waltham.
請問是霍普金奶媽嗎?我找艾蜜莉·沃森。
Ross: Oh, I-I'm sorry. Is this 0-1-1-4-4-7-4-2-9-3-4-7-4-2-6-7? Oh it's "4-3", not 4-2. Oh, we-well, which 4-2?
抱歉,這是0114474293474267嗎?是43不是42啊,哪個42?
Joey: Hey!
嗨!
Chandler: Oh no-no-no-no-no-no, vomit tux! No-no, vomit tux!
別過來,那是嘔吐西裝。
Joey: Don't worry, I had it dry-cleaned.
放心,我送去干洗過了。
Monica: Vomit tux? Who vomited on- you know what, what're you up to Joe?
嘔吐西裝?誰會吐在西裝上?喬伊,你為何穿成這樣?
Joey: Well, I'm doing this telethon thing on TV and my agent got me a job as co-host!
我要上馬拉松式電視節目。我的經紀幫我爭取當主持群!
Monica: Oh that's great!
太棒了!
Joey: Yeah, a little uh, good deed for PBS plus some little TV exposure, now that's the kind of math Joey likes to do!
幫公共電視臺做好事,又能增加曝光率。我喬伊最愛做這種事了。
Phoebe: Ugh, PBS!
公視啊!
Monica: What's wrong with PBS?
公視哪里不對了?
Phoebe: Oh, what's right with them?
他們哪里對?
Joey: Why don't you like PBS, Pheebs?
菲比,你為何不喜歡公視?
Phoebe: Ok, cause right after my mom killed herself, I was just in this really bad place, you know personally.
因為我媽自殺之后,我個人非常難過。
Phoebe: So, I just thought that it'd make me feel better if I wrote to Sesame Street, 'cause they were so nice when I was a little kid! No one ever wrote back.
所以我想寫信給芝麻街,心情應該會好一點。因為我小時候,總覺得他們很親切,結果根本沒人回信。
Chandler: Well you know a lot of those Muppets don't have thumbs.
那些布偶根本沒有手指。
Phoebe: All I got was a lousy key chain! And by that time I was living in a box. I didn't have keys!
我只收到一個爛鑰匙環,拜托,我那時住在紙箱里耶!連鑰匙都沒有!
Joey: I'm sorry Pheebs, I just, you know, I just wanted to do a good deed. Like-like you did with the babies.
我很遺憾,菲比,我只是想做好事,就像你幫忙生小孩。
Phoebe: This isn't a good deed, you just wanted to get on TV! This is totally selfish.
你才不是做善事,只是想上電視,根本就很自私。
Joey: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What about you, having those babies for your brother? Talk about selfish!
你幫弟弟生小孩又怎么說?自私的不是只有我。
Phoebe: What-what are you talking about? !
你胡說什么?
Joey: Ah, well-yeah, it was a really nice thing and all, but it made you feel really good right?
你的確是幫忙他們,不過自己心情也很好吧?
Phoebe: Yeah. So?
那又如何?
Joey: Well, it made you feel good, so that makes it selfish. Look, there's no unselfish good deeds, sorry.
因為你做善事心情好,也算是自私的一種,世界上根本就沒有無私的好事。
Phoebe: Yes there are! There are totally good deeds that are selfless.
明明就有有很多行善的人都沒有私心。
Joey: Well, may I ask for one example?
請你舉出一個例子。
Phoebe: Yeah, it's...You know there's- no you may not!
就是有,例如……反正你不是!
Joey: That's because all people are selfish.
因為所有人都很自私。
Phoebe: Are you calling me selfish? !
你說我自私?
Joey: Are you calling you people? Yeah, well sorry to burst that bubble, Pheebs, but selfless good deeds don't exist. Ok? And you know the deal on Santa Claus right?
你難道不是人?菲比,很抱歉戳破你的美夢,世界上沒有無私的善事。你也知道圣誕老人吧?
Phoebe: I'm gonna find a selfless good dead. I'm gonna beat you, you evil genius.
我一定會找到一件無私的善事,打敗你這個邪惡天才。
Ross: Hello.
喂。
Emily: Hello, Ross?
羅斯嗎?
Ross: Emily? Em-! Oh my God! Oh my God, it's Emily! It's Emily everyone! Shush-shush-shhst! Hi!
艾蜜莉,天啊,是艾蜜莉!大家不要吵!嗨!
Emily: Ross, I'm only ringing to say stop harassing my relatives. Goodbye!
我打來只是要告訴你,別再騷擾我家人了,再見。
Ross: No wait! Look-! Ok, ok, you can hang up, but I'm gonna keep calling! I'm gonna, I'm gonna call everyone in England if that's what it takes to get you to talk to me!
等一下,就算你掛斷,我也會繼續,如果要打給所有英國人,才能逼你跟我說話。
Emily: Really? About what?
真的?你想談什么?
Ross: Look you're-you're my wife. We're-we're married. You know? I-I love you. I-I really miss you.
你是我太太,我們已經結婚。而且我愛你,我很想你。
Emily: I miss you to. Well, at least I think I do.
我也很想你,至少我認為如此。
Ross: She's talking.
她肯跟我說話了。
All: Yay!
耶!
Phoebe: Hey, Joey, when you said the deal with Santa Clause, you meant?
喬伊,你剛剛為何提到圣誕老人?
Joey: That he doesn't exist.
根本沒有這號人物。
Phoebe: Right.
這樣啊。
Rachel: So Chandler, have you heard about Monica's secret boyfriend?
錢德,你聽說,莫妮卡的地下情人了嗎?
Chandler: Uhh, yeah. She uh, she uh, she might've mentioned him, yeah.
知道,她……她是提過。
Rachel: So Mon, when are we gonna meet this uh, new secret waiter man?
我們到底何時,才能認識這個服務生?
Monica: Ohh, he's really shy. I-I don't think he's up to meeting everyone yet.
他很害羞,現在還沒準備,認識大家。
Chandler: Yeah, I don't think he's up to meeting everyone yet.
我想他還沒準備好。
Rachel: I don't care! I wanna meet this guy who's the best sex she ever had!
我不管,我想見他,她說對方床上一級棒。
Chandler: Really? ! That's what you heard? You said that?
真的?她說過?你說過?
Monica: I mightn't said that. Why is that funny?
大概吧。這有什么好笑?
Chandler: Because I'm very happy for him! And you, you lucky dog!
因為我很為他高興。你真是走狗運!
Ross: Hi!
嗨!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: Well, Emily's willing to work on the relationship.
艾蜜莉愿意跟我復合。
Monica: That's great!
太好了!
Chandler: Yes!
好!
Ross: In London!
她要我去倫敦!
Monica: What?
什么?
Ross: She wants me to move to London.
她要我搬到倫敦去。
Monica: But you live here!
可是你住在這里。
Monica: You know that.
我這是廢話。
Rachel: What-what-what are you gonna do?
你打算怎么辦?
Ross: I don't know. I mean, I can't leave Ben.
不知道,我不能丟下班。
Chandler: Well, you just can video conference with him. I'm not ready to have a child.
你可以跟他用視訊會議,我還不夠格當爸爸。
Ross: I bet if I talk to Carol and Susan I could convince them to move to London with Ben.
只要跟卡蘿、蘇珊談談,一定能說服她們帶班搬到倫敦。
Monica: Yeah, I'm sure your ex-wife will be more than happy to move to another country so you can patch things up with your new wife.
想必你前妻一定樂意搬到國外,幫你挽回新太太。
Ross: It could happen.
不是不可能啊。
Carol: Ross, we are not moving to London. We already have lives here.
羅斯,我們才不搬到倫敦,我們的生活重心都在這里。
Ross: Yeah, but-but it'd be great. They-they have great theater, great accents. Uhh Tea. The-they have a queen.
但是那邊很棒。有一流的戲院、口音、茶,英國還有女王。
Carol: So?
所以呢?
Ross: She's-she's a woman.
她是女人。
Susan: Hey!
嗨!
Ben: Daddy!
爸爸!
Ross: Hey! Guess what? ! We're moving to London! Yay!
告訴你,我們要搬到倫敦了!
Susan: Who's going to London?
誰要搬去倫敦?
Carol: Nobody's going to London.
不是我們。
Ross: Oh-um, Welcome to London, governor. Right, right. Hey it'll be great 'cause we'll have Big Ben and little Ben in the same city. Ooo-ooh! Hey, go pack! See? See, he wants to go.
歡迎蒞臨倫敦,總督。太棒了,到時倫敦就有大笨鐘,跟我們小班了。趕快去整理行李!你們看,他想去。
Susan: Yeah, we leave all our big decisions to the 3-year-old.
是啊,我們都讓三歲小鬼,決定家里大事。
Ross: Come on, come on. It-it'll be just like Three's Company only-only there's a kid and my wife and-and you're the gay ones.
這就像“三人行”嘛,只是另外兩個,換成一個小孩跟我老婆,你們就是里面的同性戀角色。
Joey: How you doing? Welcome. Good to see ya!
你好,歡迎,幸會。
Stage Director: This will be your phone.
這就是你的電話。
Joey: That's great. But uh, I'm not really expecting a lot of calls.
真好,不過應該沒有人會打來找我。
Stage Director: No, you answer it and take pledges.
你負責接電話接受捐款。
Joey: But I'm the host!
我是主持人!
Stage Director: No, Gary Collins is the host. You'll be answering the phone.
蓋瑞卡林才是主持人,你負責接電話。
Joey: You don't seem to understand. See, I was Dr. Drake Remoray.
你恐怕搞不清楚狀況,我是雷莫瑞醫生。
Stage Director: Well, here's your phone, doctor.
你負責這支電話,醫生。
Phoebe: I cannot believe I can't find a selfless good deed! Y'know that old guy that lives next to me? Well,I snack over there and-and raked up all the leaves on his front stoop.
我竟然找不到一件無私的善行。以前我家隔壁有個老頭,我偷溜到他家,幫他打掃前廊的落葉。
Phoebe: But he caught me and force-fed me cider and cookies. Then I felt wonderful. That old jackass!
他捉到我之后,強迫我喝蘋果汁、吃餅干。可是我卻很開心,那個老混蛋!
Rachel: Maybe Joey's right. Maybe all good deeds are selfish.
或許喬伊說得對,所有好事的出發點都有私心。
Phoebe: I will find a selfless good deed! Cause I just gave birth to three children and I will not let them be raised in a world where Joey is right!
我一定要找到一件無私的善行。畢竟我才剛生出三個寶寶,不能讓他們在喬伊有理的世界里長大。
Chandler: Hey, Monica? Can I ask you a cooking question?
莫妮卡,可以問你有關烹飪的問題嗎?
Monica: Sure!
當然。
Chandler: If you're cooking, on the stove, does that mean that your new secret boyfriend is better in bed than Richard?
如果你用爐子烹飪,是否代表你新男友在床上比理查還厲害?
Rachel: Chandler! Is he?
錢德!有嗎?
Monica: Well, you know I-I-I think I'm going to respect the privacy of my new secret boyfriend.
我要尊重秘密新男友的隱私。
Chandler: Why? I mean if this guy was me and it was me who had learned that it was me who was the best you'd ever had, I'd be going like this.
為什么?如果我是他,又知道自己是你碰過最棒的情人,我一定樂歪了。
Ross: All right Emily, as much as I love you, I'm sorry, I can't move to London without Ben.
艾蜜莉,雖然我很愛你,但是我不能丟下班去倫敦。
Emily: I understand that would be difficult.
我知道這很為難你。
Ross: Yeah, would you please consider moving here? I mean you were gonna move here anyway, why can't you just do that?
請你考慮搬過來好嗎?你本來就打算搬來,為何不現在就來呢?
Emily: I don't know, it's just...
我不知道,只是……
Ross: Oh-oh-ok, but-but I know, that even though I've been a-a complete idiot up till now, I mean-I mean you-you-you have to come here. You have to, so we can work this out together.
我知道自己到目前為止,都蠢頭蠢腦,但是你還是應該過來。我們才能繼續走下去。
Emily: All right.
好吧。
Ross: All-all right, did you just say all right?
你剛說好?
Emily: I did. Now I'm an idiot.
沒錯,現在換我是白癡。
Ross: Oh, Emily that is, that is so great. It's gonna be so great! We're gonna be like-like-like two idiots in love!
艾蜜莉,太棒了,我們就像墜入愛河的白癡。
Emily: Ross, there's one thing that really scares me still.
羅斯,有件事還是讓我很擔心。
Ross: Yes, tell me.
你盡管說。
Emily: Well, you have to understand how humiliating it was for me up on that altar in front of my entire family, all my friends.
你要知道當天婚禮,我在親朋好友面前有多丟臉。
Ross: I know. I am so sorry.
我知道,我非常抱歉。
Emily: And then after deciding to forgive you, seeing you at the airport catching our plane with her.
當我決定原諒你,卻看到你跟她趕著上飛機。
Ross: Again, very sorry.
同樣,我的錯。
Emily: I mean, I can't-I can't be in the same room as her! It drives me mad just thinking of you being in the same room as her!
我根本無法與她共處一室,我光想到你跟她共處一室,就快氣壞了。
Ross: Emily, there is nothing between Rachel and me. Ok? I love you.
艾蜜莉,我跟瑞秋根本沒什么,我愛的是你。
Emily: All right. I'll come to New York and we'll try to make this work.
好吧。我去紐約,我們再試試看。
Ross: Uh that is so great! That's-that's...
太好了!
Emily: As long as you don't see Rachel anymore.
只要你答應不再見瑞秋。