In my house. In my bedroom. Where my wife sleeps.
在我家。在我的臥室。在我太太睡覺的地方
I've dust the phone. Got a lot of usable prints.
我在電話上提取指紋了。找到很多可用的指紋
Nice detail too. I got three distinct beauties here.
細節也很完整,有三個明顯的指紋
Yours, your wife's, and presumably the Chesapeake Ripper.
你,你太太,還有一個疑似切薩皮克開膛手
I can't imagine the Chesapeake Ripper would start leaving prints at his crime scenes now.
我無法想象切薩皮克開膛手會在犯罪現場留下指紋
The Ripper put his head on your wife's pillow.
開膛手躺過你太太的枕頭
Now somebody's sleeping in my bed.
好,還有人在我床上睡覺了
There he is. Or there she is.
他的頭發,或者她的
Was Miriam Lass a blonde? Yes.
米里亞姆·拉斯是金發嗎?是
I pulled her fingerprints from the VICAP database, Jack, and I got a match.
我在檔案庫里找到了她的指紋,杰克,是匹配的
She's dead. She wasn't here.
她已經死了。來這里的不是她

Jack. Did Miriam Lass know where you live?
杰克,米里亞姆·拉斯知道你住哪里嗎
If she wanted to know, she was smart enough to find out.
如果她想知道的話,她肯定能查出來
Could've told the Chesapeake Ripper before he killed her.
可能是她在被殺前告訴了切薩皮克開膛手
Did you know that you were sending her after him?
你知道你派給她的任務是抓他嗎
I sent her after information.
我派她跟進信息
Whoever made that call thinks you were close to Miriam Lass and feel responsible for her death.
打電話的那個人認為你和米里亞姆·拉斯關系很近,并且該為她的死負責
Don't you have classes today? Aren't you still in school?
你今天不是有課嗎?你不是還在學校里嗎
Yes, sir. I thought this might be more important than "Exclusionary Rules of Search and Seizure".
是的,長官,我覺得這件事會比《搜查和扣押的排斥法則》更重要
Is that what you thought?
你這么認為嗎
I left a report here for you last night.
昨晚我在這里留下了一份報告
I don't know if you got it. I got it.
不知你拿到沒有。拿到了
Did you read it? Go back to class.
看過了嗎?回去上課
You feeling frustrated, Lass?
感覺很沮喪嗎,拉斯
If so, you should start forming calluses, some thick ones, 'cause frustration's gonna wear you thin.
如果是的話,你就得開始長繭子了,厚繭子,因為沮喪會把你磨破
You could have at least read the report.
你至少可以看一下我的報告
I read it. Your assessment? Sir.
我看過了。有什么評價,長官
My assessment is that instead of being here
我的評價是,與其出現在這里
you should be in a lecture hall boning up on "Good Faith Warrant Exceptions".
你更應該去課堂里,苦讀《善意授權除外條款》
What you're proposing in your report breaks confidentiality laws. You know that.
你報告中提出的觀點違反了保密條例,你清楚的
You shouldn't be so dismissive of what you're learning here.
你不應該輕視在這里學到的東西
If the Chesapeake Ripper is a surgeon,
如果切薩皮克開膛手是外科醫生
we should check medical records for all of the known victims.
我們就需要檢查所有已知受害者的病例
I knew we couldn't get a warrant if we didn't have something substantial.
我知道在沒掌握確鑿證據之前是無法拿到搜查證的
It's one thing for a trainee to go poking around in private medical records without a warrant;
在沒有搜查證的情況下,一個實習生私自查看私人病例是一碼事
very different if the guru did it.
導師那么做就是另外一碼事了
Better for a trainee to ask for forgiveness than an FBI agent to ask for permission?
你是說與聯調局探員申請許可相比實習生更容易得到原諒嗎
In my experience.
據我所知
Then I hope you forgive me for skipping class today.
那我希望你能原諒我今天逃課