Will? You look like you were dreaming.
威爾?你看起來像在做夢
I was, uh, thinking about something else.
我在想別的
Well, here's something for you to think about.
那現在有東西讓你想了
We have a direct way of communicating with the Chesapeake Ripper,
我們找到直接聯絡切薩皮克開膛手的方法了
and we'd like to see if we can push him.
想看看能不能激他
Push him toward what?
激他做什么
We might be able to influence him to become visible.
我們也許能讓他現身
If we can enrage him.
如果能激怒他的話
To what purpose, Jack? I-I don't see what you're asking.
目的是什么,杰克,我不明白你想說什么
Do you think there's a way to push the Chesapeake Ripper and focus his attention?
你覺得有沒有辦法能激怒切薩皮克開膛手,讓他關注這里
Well, he's already focused on Gideon as his adversary. Don't fool around.
他已經把吉迪恩當敵人關注了。別做無用功了
Gideon is just a tabloid rumor right now.
吉迪恩現在只是小報上的傳聞
We think we need to make him the truth.
我們得讓它變成事實
You might push the Ripper to kill again just to prove he isn't in a hospital for the criminally insane.
你為了證明他不在精神病罪犯的醫院里,可能會刺激他再次殺人
I have to push, Will.
我必須這樣做,威爾
Are you thinking about getting into bed with Freddie Lounds?
你是想讓弗雷迪·勞茲幫忙嗎
You yourself know it's the best way to bait the real Chesapeake Ripper.
你自己也知道這是引他上鉤的最好方法

Morning, Agent Crawford. Thank you for inviting me.
早上好,克勞福德探員,謝謝你請我來
Miss Lounds. This is Dr. Alana Bloom.
勞茲女士。這位是阿拉娜·布魯姆醫生
She's one of our psychiatric consultants.
是我們其中一位心理學顧問
I believe you know Will Graham.
我相信你認識威爾·格雷厄姆
Mr. Graham. So good to see you.
格雷厄姆先生,很高興見到你
Miss Lounds. You have all the qualities of a good reporter.
勞茲女士。您有優秀記者所具的所有品質
You have intelligence, guts, a good eye.
您有才智,勇氣和一雙慧眼
So how is it that you wind up where you've ended up?
為什么就那樣結束不做了呢
Where I wound up being criminal justice journalism?
不做刑事記者了嗎
"Criminal justice journalism" being a euphemism for tabloid reporting.
"刑事記者",小報記者的委婉說法
You ran an unconfirmed story about the Chesapeake Ripper.
你寫了一篇關于切薩皮克開膛手的未經證實的報道
What I want is for you to confirm it.
我想讓你做的就是證實它
An exclusive story would be a coup.
獨家報道可能是個妙計
Mm, yes, it would. And you would get the satisfaction of seeing the Los Angeles Times,
沒錯,而你則會很滿足地看到《洛杉磯時報》
the sanctified Washington Post,
高不可攀的《華盛頓郵報》
and even the holy New York Times run copyrighted material
甚至還有神圣的《紐約時報》刊載你的材料
under your byline, with a picture credit.
署上你的名,配上認證照片
What's against you, and by association us,
我們和你合作有一點顧慮
is that your brand of journalism is obnoxious and therefore disliked.
就是你的報道臭名昭著,很多人不喜歡
Yes. That is an obstacle.
是,這倒是個障礙
Tried to get an interview with Dr. Gideon.
我之前想采訪吉迪恩醫生
I was denied. Evidently some trouble with my euphemism.
但被拒絕了,顯然是因為我的委婉之詞
I'm friendly with the new chief of staff. I can get you an interview.
我和新上任的主任關系不錯,我能幫你安排采訪
Not to snap bubble gum and crack wise, but what's my angle?
還是開門見山地說吧,我該如何報道
Is he the Chesapeake Ripper, or do you just want me to tell everybody that he is?
他到底是不是切薩皮克開膛手,還是直接告訴大家他就是
He could be, and certain personalities are attracted to certain professions.
他可能就是,特定的性格會被特定的職業所吸引
Do you know what profession psychopaths disproportionately gravitate to?
你知道精神變態者大多被哪種職業吸引嗎
CEOs, lawyers, the clergy.
首席執行官,律師,神職人員
Number five on the list is surgeons.
第五名是外科醫生
I know the list. Well, then you know what number six is.
我知道那排名。那你應該知道第六名
Journalists. Know what number seven is, Mr. Graham?
記者。知道第七名嗎,格雷厄姆先生?
Law enforcement.
執法人員
Here we are, a bunch of psychopaths helping each other out.
瞧瞧我們,一群精神變態互相幫助