Hello, Doctor. My wife and I need to talk.
你好,醫生。我得跟我妻子談談
May we use your waiting room?
能借用你的等候室嗎
You can have the office. Please.
去我辦公室談吧
Thank you.
謝謝
Just popping in on official business, or did you follow me?
你是剛忙完公務過來,還是說你在跟蹤我
I called your office. They said you were at an appointment.
我打去你辦公室,他們說你約了人
I figured you'd be here.
我猜你在這里
You know. I knew you'd find out.
你知道了。我知道你會發現的
When did you find out?
你是什么時候發現的
Twelve weeks ago.
三個月前
Twelve weeks ago?
三個月前
Lung cancer.
是肺癌
You don't smoke.
你并不吸煙
The irony.
真是諷刺
Is it treatable?
能醫治嗎
It's stage four. And we know there's no stage five, don't we?
已經是第四期了。我們都知道之后沒有第五期了,對吧
When were you gonna tell me?
你打算什么時候才告訴我
Far enough into the future that I'm really not prepared to have this conversation right now.
未來的某一天吧,我現在真的沒準備好談這件事
Neither am I, but we're having it. We're having it right now.
我也是,但是我們必須談,現在就談
Were you just going to wait until you were in the middle of chemotherapy?
你要等到做化療的時候才告訴我嗎
When you couldn't hide it anymore?
等到你沒法隱瞞的時候
I don't think I want to do chemotherapy.
我不想做化療
Well, do I have any say in this? No.
這事我有話語權嗎?沒有
No, you don't.
你不能幫我決定
Do you want to be alone?
你想獨自面對嗎
I don't want you to answer that. Just think about your answer.
我不想聽你回答,你好好想想答案
I want you to know that I don't want you to be alone, not now and not ever.
我想要你知道,我不想讓你一個人,現在和以后都一樣
We'll beat this together?
我們一起來面對嗎
No, it's your fight, baby, but I'm in your corner.
不,這是你的仗,親愛的,但我會一直在你身邊
I'm not going anywhere.
我哪也不去
I appreciate that, Jack. I do.
謝謝你,杰克,真的
But I'm not comforted by it.
但我并沒有得到安慰
I know that's what you need and, and... you need to comfort me.
我知道那是你需要的,但現在你卻得安慰我
But I can't give you what you need.
而我卻給不了你所需要的
Don't worry about what I need.
別擔心我
Why wouldn't you tell me?
你為什么不告訴我
I thought if I kept it to myself, our lives wouldn't change.
我以為如果我保守這個秘密,我們的生活就不會改變
I didn't count on changing as much as I did.
盡管身體每況愈下,但我并不想有改變
What do you want, Will?
你來做什么,威爾
I'm gonna sit here until you're ready to talk.
你準備好開始談話之前,我會一直坐在這里
You don't have to say a word until you're ready, but...
你準備好之前一句話都不必說,但是
I'm not going anywhere until you do.
在你開口之前我哪也不去