We used to go for walks, after my mum died, my dad and me.
母親去世之后 我和父親經常去散步
Every evening, we'd go out onto the moor.
每天晚上 走去沼地
Good. Skipping to the night that your dad was violently killed, where did that happen?
好吧 快進到你父親被殘殺那天晚上 發生在哪里?
There's a place, it's a sort of local landmark, called Dewer's Hollow.
有這么個地方 算是當地地標 叫德沃谷
That's an ancient name for the devil.
德沃是惡魔的古名
So?
所以呢?
Did you see the devil that night?
你那晚上看到惡魔了嗎?
Yes.
是的
It was huge.
體型巨大
Coal-black fur with red eyes.
皮毛烏黑 雙目血紅
It got him.
它把他撲倒在地
Tore at him, tore him apart.
不停撕咬 將他撕碎
I can't remember anything else.
我只記得這些了
They found me the next morning, just wandering on the moor.
他們第二天早上發現我在沼地游蕩
My dad's body was never found.
爸爸的尸體至今未找到
Hm.
嗯
Red eyes, coal-black fur, enormous...
雙目血紅 毛發烏黑 龐大...
A dog? Wolf?
狗? 狼?
Or a genetic experiment.
或是基因實驗品
Are you laughing at me, Mr Holmes?
你在笑我嗎 福爾摩斯先生?
Why, are you joking?
怎么 你說笑話了?
My dad was always going on about the things they were doing at Baskerville.
我父親一直跟我講 他們在巴斯克維爾做的事情
About the type of monsters they were breeding there.
告訴我他們培育的怪獸
People used to laugh at him.
人們總是笑話他
At least the TV people took me seriously.
至少電視臺的人認真對待我
And I assume did wonders for Devon tourism.
我猜也是德文郡旅游業的福音吧
Henry, whatever did happen to your father, it was twenty years ago.
亨利 不管你父親有怎樣的遭遇 都是20年以前的事了
Why come to us now?
怎么現在來找我們呢?
Not sure you can help me, Mr Holmes, since you find it all so funny!
你大概幫不了我 福爾摩斯先生 既然你覺得整件事很可笑
Because of what happened last night.
因為昨晚發生的事
Why, what happened last night?
怎么 昨晚發生什么事了?
How... How do you know?
你...怎么知道?
I didn't know, I noticed.
我不知道 我觀察到的
You came up from Devon on the first train this morning.
你今早從德文郡搭首班列車來的
You had a disappointing breakfast and a black coffee.
你吃了糟糕的早餐 喝了黑咖啡
The girl across the aisle fancied you.
隔走道的女孩看上你了
Though initially keen, you've changed your mind.
原本很樂意來往 但你改了主意
You are anxious to have your first cigarette of the day.
你急著想抽今天的第一根煙
Sit down, Mr Knight, and do please smoke.
坐下 奈特先生 隨便抽吧
I'd be delighted.
我很樂意的
How on Earth did you notice all that?
你到底是怎么觀察到這些的?
It's not important...
這不重要...
Punched out holes where your ticket's been checked.
身上有車票打孔的碎屑
Not now.
不用現在說吧
I've been cooped-up for ages!
拜托 我都憋了好久了
You're showing off.
你這是顯擺
I am a show-off, that's what we do.
我這人就是愛顯擺 這是我們的專業水平