A nautilus shell,
鸚鵡螺
one of nature's many examples of a logarithmic spiral.
自然界中對數螺旋的例證之一
And a symbol for a very dangerous competition
也是一場危險比賽的象征
going on across the global every 27 days.
全球范圍內每隔27天進行一次
Competition? Sounds invigorating.
比賽 好振奮人心
Samaritan is behind it.
撒馬利亞人是幕后主使
I need to know why.
我要知道原因
She's not saying.
她不說
But I can guess. Samaritan's recruiting.
但我猜得出 撒馬利亞人在招募
Recruiting?
招募
What kind of person would pique its interest?
它會對什么人感興趣呢
What kind of person are you worried it might take?
你怕它招募到什么人呢
Her name is Claire.
她叫克萊爾
And what's so special about this Claire?
這位克萊爾有何非常之處呢
She's a chess grand master
她是國際象棋大師
who's defeated three separate A.I.s.
打敗過三臺人工智能機
She'll walk right out in traffic to break a code.
她不惜站在馬路中央只為破解代碼
She's fearless,
她天不怕地不怕
and she has nothing left to lose.
無牽無掛
Funny, take away the chess,
有意思 除了象棋之外
I could've sworn you were describing someone else.
你形容的簡直就像另外一個人
You.
你
You want to know why Samaritan wants Claire?
想知道為什么撒馬利亞人要克萊爾嗎
Because she'll do anything it asks, no questions.
因為她聽令行事 絕不質疑
Frightening thought.
真可怕
And now you're trying to figure out if you can
你在掙扎自己要不要
risk compromising your carefully crafted cover identity
冒著精心制作的身份被曝光的危險
to help save poor Claire.
幫忙拯救可憐的克萊爾
Or step aside so that we stay alive to help others.
或者明哲保身 保存有生力量 幫助其他人
You really want me to ask the machine, Harold?
你真要我問機器的意見嗎 哈羅德
You know what she's gonna say.
你知道她會怎么說
No, what's that?
不知道 會怎么說
What you taught her...
你教她的
that humans must make their own choices.
人類必須自己做出選擇