Most Psychology Departments are filled with personality deficients.
Dr. Bloom would be the exception.
布魯姆博士是個例外。
Yes, she would. Yes, she would.
她確實是例外。
Well, she told me that you mentored her during her residency at Johns Hopkins.
她告訴我,她在霍普金斯大學實習期間,你是她的導師。
I learned as much from her as she did from me.
她同樣也讓我學到了很多。
She also showed me, uh, your paper, "Evolutionary..." uh, "Evolutionary Origins of Social Exclusion"?
她還給我看了你的論文,進化,《社會排斥的進化起源》
Yes.
是的。
Very interesting.
非常有趣。
Very interesting.
非常有趣。
Even for a layman.
對一個門外漢來說也很有趣。
A layman?
門外漢
Yeah.
是啊。

So many learned fellows going about in the halls of Behavioral Science at the FBI, and you consider yourself a layman.
聯調局行為科學部有那么多博學多才的專家,而你還說自己是門外漢。
I do when I'm in your company, Doctor.
因為你讓我相形見絀,醫生。
I need you to help me with a psychological profile.
我需要你協助我,完成一份心理側寫。
Tell me, then, how many confessions?
一共有多少份供狀?
Twelve dozen, the last time I checked.
我上次檢查時發現有非常多。
None of them had any details-- until this morning.
均不能提供細節,直到今早。
And then they all had details.
突然有了各種細節。
Some genius in Duluth PD took a photograph of Elise Nichols' body with his cell phone,
德盧斯警局有人用手機偷拍了伊莉斯·尼克爾斯的尸體,
shared it with his friends, and then Freddy Lounds posted it on Tattlecrime. Com.
并發給朋友共享,然后弗雷迪·勞茲將其發到了"犯罪揭秘網"上。
Tasteless.
真無趣。
Do you have trouble with taste?
你對有沒有趣要求很高嗎?
My thoughts are often not tasty.
我的想法通常不怎么有趣。
Nor mine.
我的也是。
No effective barriers.
沒什么障礙嘛
I build forts.
我腦中有心防。
Associations come quickly.
聯想來得很快。
So do forts.
建立心防的速度也快。
Not fond of eye contact, are you?
你不喜歡眼神接觸,對吧?
Eyes are distracting-- you see too much, you don't see enough.
眼睛容易讓人分心看到的太多 就無法知曉全部。
And-And it's hard to focus when you're thinking, um,
視覺給人的一些想法也會影響思考
"Oh, those whites are really white", or, "He must have hepatitis", or, "Oh, is that a burst vein?"
比如"那些白人可真白"或者"他肯定有肝炎"或者"那是條青筋嗎?"
So, yeah,
所以,是的
I try to avoid eyes whenever possible.
我盡可能地避免眼神接觸。
Jack?
杰克
Yes?
怎么了
I imagine what you see and learn touches everything else in your mind.
看來你的所看所知會影響你的思維。
Your values and decency are present yet shocked at your associations, appalled at your dreams.
你的價值觀和責任心在聯想里受到重創在夢里受到驚嚇。
No forts in the bone arena of your skull for things you love.
你的腦里裝不進所愛之事。
Whose profile are you working on?
你到底是給誰做側寫?
Whose profile is he working on?
他在給誰做側寫?
I'm sorry, Will.
抱歉,威爾,
Observing is what we do.
觀察是我們的本能。
I can't shut mine off any more than you can shut yours off.
我和你一樣不能克制。
Please, don't psychoanalyze me.
別對我進行心理分析。
You won't like me when I'm psychoanalyzed.
你不會喜歡被分析完后的那個我。
Will.
威爾
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go give a lecture on psychoanalyzing.
恕我失禮,我得去講授心理分析課了。
Maybe we shouldn't poke him like that, doctor.
或許我們不應該那樣激怒他,醫生。
Perhaps a less, uh, direct approach.
或許可以用委婉點的方式。
What he has is pure empathy.
他使用的是移情的方法。
He can assume your point of view, or mine, and maybe some other points of view that scare him.
他能在腦中假定你的想法或者我的,或者其他讓他害怕的觀點。
It's an uncomfortable gift, Jack.
這種天賦很折磨人,杰克。
Perception's a tool that's pointed on both ends.
這種知悟能力就像雙刃劍。
This cannibal you have him getting to know...I think I can help good Will see his face.
這個你讓他調查的食人魔,我想我能幫助威爾一窺其面目。