Oh, wow. Notre Dame, man. Check that out!
哇。看這邊啊,巴黎圣母院!
Oh, wow.
哇。
I heard this story once, about when the Germans were occupying Paris, and they had to retreat back.
我聽過一個故事,說的是占領巴黎的德軍,當他們不得不撤離的時候。
They wired Notre Dame to blow, but they had to leave one guy in charge of hitting the switch.
他們在巴黎圣母院埋了很多炸藥,但他們得留一個人來按爆破的按鈕。
And the guy, the soldier, he couldn't do it. You know, he just sat there, knocked out by how beautiful the place was.
但那個人,那個士兵,他卻下不了手。他只是呆呆地坐著,驚嘆于這地方的美妙。
Then, when the Allied troops came in, they found all the explosives lying there and the switch unturned.
當盟軍部隊到達的時候,他們發現炸藥還在那里,但按鈕沒人碰過。
And they found the same thing at the Sacre Coeur, Eiffel Tower...a couple of other places, I think.
同樣的情景還發生在圣心堂,埃菲爾鐵塔...很多地方。
Is that true?
這是真的嗎?
I don't know. I always liked the story, though.
我不知道。不過我一直很喜歡這個故事。
Yeah, that's a great story.
沒錯,很震撼的一個故事。
But you have to think that Notre Dame will be gone one day.
你想過巴黎圣母院有一天會消失嗎?
There used to be another church or cathedral at the same...right there.
這里曾經是另一座教堂或是主教座堂,在同一個...就在那兒。
What, right in the same spot? -Yeah.
什么,同一個地方?-是的。
You know, this is great. I've never done this. -Yeah.
這樣好舒服,我從來沒有試過。-是啊。
I forget about how beautiful Paris is.
我已經忘了巴黎有多美。
It's not so bad being a tourist, you know.
其實當個游客也不錯。
Thanks for getting me on the boat.
謝謝你帶我上這船。
Well, you're welcome. You know, I think that book I wrote, in a way, was like building something.
不用客氣。你知道嗎,我覺得我寫那本書,某種程度上就像蓋造一座建筑。
So that I wouldn't forget the details of the time that we spent together.
那樣我就不會忘記我們經歷過點點滴滴了。
You know, like just as a reminder that...that once we really did meet, you know, that this was real, this happened.
你懂嗎,就好像一個備忘錄,告訴我我們的確曾經相遇過,那是真實的,的確發生過的。
I'm happy you're saying that, because...I mean, I always feel like a freak because I'm never able to move on like this, you know.
我很高興你這么說,因為...我總覺得自己很怪,因為我從來不能這么灑脫的忘掉過去向前走。
People just have an affair, or even entire relationships, they break up and they forget.
人們只是到處留情,甚至正式的戀情,他們也會分手,然后忘記。
They move on like they would have changed brand of cereals.
他們棄舊愛迎新歡,就像換另一個牌子的麥片一樣簡單。
I feel I was never able to forget anyone I've been with, because each person had their own specific qualities.
可我覺得我永遠忘不了跟我交往過的每一個人。。因為他們每個人都有很不一樣的特質。
You can never replace anyone. What is lost is lost.
你不能取代任何人,失去的就失去了。