Do I owe you money?
我欠你錢嗎?
Cause I'm, uh...running a little short at the moment.
因為我現在手頭有點緊。
You don't owe me anything, Mr. Reese.
你什么都不欠我,里瑟先生。
That's the name you prefer, isn't it?
你比較喜歡這個名字,是吧?
I know you've had several.
我知道你有好幾個化名。
Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell anybody about you.
別擔心,我不會把你的事說出去。
You don't know anything about me.
你根本不知道我的事。
I know exactly everything about you, Mr. Reese.
你的事我全都知道,里瑟先生。
I know about the work you used to do for the government.
我知道你從前為政府做的工作。
I know about the doubts you came to have about that work.
我知道你對此產生了疑慮。
I know that the government, along with everybody else, thinks you're dead.
我知道政府,還有其他人都以為你死了。
I know you've spent the last couple of months trying to drink yourself to death.
我知道你過去的兩個月里想把自己浸死在酒精里。
I know you're contemplating more efficient ways to do it.
我知道你還在琢磨更有效的尋死方式。
So you see, knowledge is not my problem.
所以說搜集信息對我不成問題。
Doing something with that knowledge...that's where you'd come in.
利用這些信息做點什么是帶你來此的原因。
And you can call me Mr. Finch.
你可以叫我芬奇先生。
I think you and I can help one another.
我認為我們能互幫互助。
I don't think you need a psychiatrist or a support group, pills...
我覺得你不需要心理醫生互助小組,或是藥物。
What do I need?
那我需要什么?
You need a purpose.
你需要一個目標。
More specifically, you need a job.
具體點說,你需要一份工作。
Eight million people.
這八百萬人。
You know what they all have in common?
你知道他們有什么共同點嗎?
None of them knows what happens next.
他們都不知道接下來會發生什么。
Someone is murdered in New York city every 18 hours.
每18個小時,紐約就會有一個人遇害。
At the end of the day, one of these people will be gone.
今天結束時,他們中有一個人會死。
Bad things happen to people every day.
不幸天天都會發生。
You can't stop that.
這是沒辦法的事。
What if you could?
如果有辦法呢?
Not the things that happen in the heat of the moment.
不是指那種飛來橫禍。
But so many crimes are planned days, weeks in advance.
有很多罪行要幾天,甚至幾周來策劃。