1、knock off
使減少;使降低
Udinese have knocked 10% off admission prices.
烏迪內斯隊將入場費降低了10%。
He has knocked 10 seconds off the world record.
他將世界紀錄縮短了10秒。
從(名單或文件中)刪除
Tighter rules for benefit entitlement have knocked many people off the unemployment register.
更為嚴格的救濟金申領規定將很多人剔除出了失業登記表。
下班;收工
If I get this report finished I'll knock off early.
如果我寫完這篇報告,我就會早點下班。
What time do you knock off?
你什么時間下班?
2、forgive
原諒;饒恕;寬恕
Hopefully she'll understand and forgive you, if she really loves you.
如果她真的愛你的話,希望她會理解并原諒你。
She'd find a way to forgive him for the theft of the money.
她會讓自己原諒他偷錢的行為的。
情有可原
Looking at the figures, you could be forgiven for thinking the recession is already over.
看看這些數字,難怪你會覺得經濟衰退已經結束了。
If the research which enticed them to Britain is removed, they can be forgiven for feeling betrayed.
如果吸引他們來到英國的研究項目被取消了,他們感覺遭到了背叛也是情有可原的。
(用于禮貌用語或道歉語中)請原諒 恕我無知
Forgive me, I don't mean to insult you.
請原諒,我并非有意侮辱你。
I do hope you'll forgive me but I've got to leave.
我真的非常抱歉,我得走了。
n. 無禮;粗蠻